Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief
Monday, December 30, 2013
"Be on the alert, then, for you do not know the day nor the hour."
The Daily Brief
1. New ObamaCare fees coming in 2014 - New York Post
Here comes the ObamaCare tax bill. The cost of President Obama's massive health-care law will hit Americans in 2014 as new taxes pile up on their insurance premiums and on their income-tax bills. Most insurers aren't advertising the ObamaCare taxes that are added on to premiums, opting instead to discretely pass them on to customers while quietly lobbying lawmakers for a break. (Read more)
- Abba Father, here comes more costs from this so called healthcare bill. The premiums, out of pocket costs, and deductions are already way beyond many if not most families' ability to handle and now more costs are being added. The demands from this law appear to be ever expanding. We ask again that this vile law be shattered and of no effect, in the Name of Jesus, Amen and Amen.
- "Arise, O Lord, do not let man prevail; let the nations be judged in Your sight. Put them in fear, O Lord, that the nations may know themselves to be but men."
2. Unemployment benefits for 1.3 million expire Saturday - CNN
Michelle Marshall is one of the 1.3 million long-term unemployed Americans who will lose jobless benefits Saturday. Marshall, 56, has been out of work for a year, since she lost an administrative assistant job that paid her $44,000 per year. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we know that when these benefits run out, many people will be struggling just to make ends meet. We ask that You would move upon the hearts of pastors in this nation to begin outreach programs to meet these very real needs . . . needs for survival. Help our churches know how to be organized so that needs for food, shelter and even health care might be met by Your people. We ask that, in this specific situation, what Satan means for evil, You will turn to good; and may many find You as their Savior and Lord in these times.
- "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths." (Proverbs 3:5-6)
3. Be prepared: Wall Street advisor recommends guns, ammo for protection in collapse - Washington Examiner
A top financial advisor, worried that Obamacare, the NSA spying scandal and spiraling national debt is increasing the chances for a fiscal and social disaster, is recommending that Americans prepare a "bug-out bag" that includes food, a gun and ammo to help them stay alive. David John Marotta, a Wall Street expert and financial advisor.said. "Firearms are the last item on the list, but they are on the list . . ." (Read more)
- Father God, this is a pretty dramatic article from a Wall Street advisor. We have heard this kind of warning many times from 'preppers' but for this warning to come from this source gives us pause. Lord God, we thank You that if we ask for Your wisdom, You will grant this for Your people. Thank You for showing each one of us how to respond; how to prepare; and what to do when the economy collapses. Help us to not be frightened into doing something that You would not advise. We ask in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him." (James 1:5)
4. NSA slayer blasts new opinion on secrecy - WND
'Pauley rules that the American people have no rights regarding the government' The attorney whose case against the National Security Agency resulted in a judge's decision its massive data-collection scheme likely is unconstitutional says a new decision from a different judge - this time against the American people - pulls back the curtain on the Washington belief that people should be kept in the dark The newest decision came Friday in a case brought by the American Civil Liberties Union against the NSA over its bulk collection of millions of telephone and Internet records from Americans. District Judge William Pauley in Washington said he thinks that it's legal. But his opinion was in direct conflict with the determination in another case 10 days earlier, from U.S. District Judge Richard Leon, that the spy-on-Americans program likely is unconstitutional. The conflict sets up a probable U.S. Supreme Court visit to the issue. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, it is frightening that we as a people have sunk so far down that judges are saying the government can do as it wishes; and that our citizens have no 'right' to question or challenge their actions. We repent mightily as we know we as a nation have earned this but we seek mercy Father. Protect and direct Your remnant Father through these challenging times. We pray in the Name of Jesus, Amen and Amen.
- "The Lord has heard my supplication; the Lord will receive my prayer. Let all my enemies be ashamed and greatly troubled; let them turn back and be ashamed suddenly." (Psalm 6:9-10)
5. Obama's NSA watchdog: 'Reasonable' to track cars - WND
It is "reasonable" for law enforcement officials to decide whether to place a tracking device on the car of a private citizen, one of the five members of President Obama's NSA review group charged with recommending surveillance policy has argued. University of Chicago law professor Geoffrey Stone addressed the tracking issue in a February 12, 2012, Stanford Law Review article entitled, "A Reasonableness Approach to Searches After the Jones GPS Tracking Case." The Jones case centered on a private citizen, Antoine Jones, who was suspected of drug trafficking. Police had received a warrant to attach a GPS device to Jones' car for a limited period of time, but then exceeded the warrant by tracking him for a month and beyond the geography limited in the warrant. The case went to the Supreme Court, which sided with Jones' attorneys, who had argued the police trespassed on private property - Jones' car - and had conducted an unreasonable search against the constraints of the Fourth Amendment. (Read more)
- Abba Father, we are sinking deeply into tyranny and we cry out for Your help. Not only has a judge determined that this surveillance by the NSA is legal, but Obama's own "watchdog" now supports this policy as well. We bow before You and ask that You keep us in Your care and direct our ways so that we can continue to serve You in this time in history. Have mercy, Father, in Jesus' Name we pray, Amen and amen.
- "The Lord shall preserve you from all evil; He shall preserve your soul. The Lord shall preserve your going out and your coming in From this time forth, and even forevermore." (Psalm 121:7,8)
6. Huge Fireball Over Iowa Likely a Meteor - Guardian Express; AMS (American Meteorological Society)
A very huge fireball in the Iowa skies awed and amazed several witnesses in Des Moines and across the U.S. Midwest. There were hundreds of reports received by the American Meteor Society (AMS), of a bright ball of fire streaking across the night sky. Experts agree that is very likely a meteor entering and burning up in our atmosphere. (Read more)
- Father God, as we draw nearer daily to Your soon return, we rejoice at seeing these signs in the heavens . . . even beholding some that now fall to the ground! We lift up our eyes and hearts to You alone, Lord God, because it is only in You alone that we find our safety and our salvation. Hallelujah, we lift up praise to You alone, praying in the Name of Jesus, Amen and Amen!
- "And there will be strange signs in the sun, moon, and stars. And here on earth the nations will be in turmoil, perplexed by the roaring seas and strange tides." (Luke 21:25)
7. Israel hits back after rockets fired from Lebanon - AFP
The Israeli military fired a barrage of shells into southern Lebanon in retaliation after five Katyusha-style rockets were launched against the Jewish state on Sunday, officials and reports said. (Read more)
- Abba Father, we ask You to continue to keep Your mighty angels all around the borders of Israel and around Your special ones. Guide and direct all that Israel's leaders need to do to protect Your special land and people. We know that violence and hatred continues to rise but we know that in You alone will Israel find its safety and its peace. We ask that You awaken them and drawn them to Yourself. In Jesus' Name we pray, Amen and Amen.
- "The Lord also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble." (Psalm 9:9)
8. Israel says it will release 26 Palestinian prisoners over next two days - CNN
Israel announced Saturday that it will release 26 Palestinian prisoners over the next two days in a step aimed at "resuming the diplomatic process," Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's office said in a statement. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, it is with heavy hearts that we come before You about these demands being made by the U.S. These 104 Palestinian prisoners are terrorists; their release will only increase the danger that Israeli citizens live with every day. Lord, we ask that You rise up and strike down these twisted requests because we know they will not bring the promised "peace" that Israel desires. True peace comes from You alone. We ask this prayer in the Name of Jesus, Amen and Amen.
- "Lord, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, to do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, that the man of the earth may oppress no more." (Psalm 10:17-18)
9. New Bomber Can Nuke US Military Bases, Brags Chinese State Media - China Times
Chinese state media is once again bragging about Beijing's military prowess, touting the fact that China's new H-6K strategic bomber can attack U.S. military bases in South Korea as well as the Japanese mainland using long range nuclear cruise missiles. (Read more)
- Lord, it appears China is very busy rattling threats of war, along with North Korea. We ask that You abide in the midst of all of this, and guide our military leaders and US governmental leaders as they work to defuse some of this anger. We ask You to protect our service people who love and serve You, that they may remain safe in this dangerous region. In the Name of Jesus we pray, Amen and Amen.
- "Is anything too hard for the Lord?" (Genesis 18:14a)
10. Mike Rogers, King Blast NYT Benghazi Report: 'Misleading' - Newsmax
Two of the House's top experts on terrorism blasted a New York Times report that says al-Qaida did not carry out the 2012 attack on the U.S diplomatic compound in Benghazi, Libya.
The Times report, published Saturday and based on numerous interviews with Islamists in Benghazi, concludes that there was no evidence that al-Qaida or any other international terrorist groups had any role in the assault that killed four Americans on September 11, 2012. (Read more)
- Clearly, as long as this Congress is in session (returning next month), the tragedy at Benghazi will continue to be investigated. Offer praise for the courage of these two members of Congress, and continue in intercession until every hidden fact about the raid at Benghazi will be known, and justice is served, In Jesus' name, amen.
- "For there is nothing hidden which will not be revealed, nor has anything been kept secret but that it should come to light." (Mark 4:22)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"Hear the Word of YHWH, O nations, and declare it in the coastlands afar off, saying, 'He who scattered Israel will gather him and keep/guard him, as a shepherd keeps his flock.'" (Jeremiah 31:10)
1. US deal will trade off 'Jewish' Israel for 1967 lines -- report - Times of Israel
US Secretary of State John Kerry will offer Israeli and Palestinian negotiators a political trade-off: Israeli recognition of the 1967 lines as a basis for the future Palestinian state, in return for Palestinian recognition of Israel as the state of the Jewish people, Palestinian sources told the Saudi daily Al-Watan on Sunday.
2. Obama Admin to IDF Generals: Stop Being So Concerned About Israel's Security - Washington Free Beacon
The Obama administration is pressuring Israeli generals to stop publicly voicing their concerns about the administration's security proposals in Israeli-Palestinian negotiations and instead endorse the administration's plans, according to Israeli media reports.
3. Two Katyusha rockets land in northern Galilee - Times of Israel
Security officials said a total of four rockets were launched from southern Lebanon, but two failed to make it across the border, landing inside Lebanon.
4. IAF strikes Gaza following second rocket fired at Israel in 24 hours - Jerusalem Post
The Israel Air Force struck two targets in Gaza in response to rocket fire on southern Israel on Thursday. The targets struck were a weapons manufacturing site in central Gaza and a weapons storage site in the North of the Strip.
5. Kerry to return to Middle East this week - Times of Israel
Kerry will hold talks on the peace process with Palestinian and Israeli officials, the US State Department said Saturday. The top US diplomat is set to arrive on January 1st.
6. Ancient burial box claimed to have earliest reference to Jesus - UK Guardian
For 2,000 years, pilgrims and archaeologists have hunted for physical evidence of Jesus and his family, without success. But now an ancient burial box claiming to contain the earliest reference to the Christian saviour is about to go on public display in Israel after its owner was cleared of forgery. (Read more)
7. White House furious with Netanyahu over Jordan Valley vote - DEBKAfile
An Israeli ministerial panel Sunday voted for a bill to extend Israeli sovereignty over the Jordan Valley. DEBKAfile reports that the White House and State Department claim angrily that Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu could had he wished easily blocked the decision. They are furthermore put out by his issue of tenders for 1,400 new apartments in Jerusalem and Judea and Samaria, the day after a ministerial decision to release 26 Palestinian terrorist murderers. (Read more)
Father God, we thank You for the passage of this bill in a committee at the Knesset on Sunday. We offer praise to You, Most High God, that this bill will now go to the full Knesset (the plenum) for a vote by all members present. We ask You to FORGIVE Tzipi Livni for attempting to block passage of this bill in the Knesset, and we embrace and rejoice at the vision of FULL SOVEREIGNTY for the people of Judea and Samaria (the Jordan Valley) in the Nation of Israel. In Your Name we offer this prayer, amen.
"Therefore thus says the Lord God: 'Now I will bring back the captives of Jacob, and have mercy on the whole house of Israel; and I will be jealous for My holy name - after they have borne their shame, and all their unfaithfulness in which they were unfaithful to Me, when they dwelt safely in their own land and no one made them afraid. When I have brought them back from the peoples and gathered them out of their enemies' lands, and I am hallowed in them in the sight of many nations, then they shall know that I am the Lord their God, who sent them into captivity among the nations, but also brought them back to their land, and left none of them captive any longer. And I will not hide My face from them anymore; for I shall have poured out My Spirit on the house of Israel,' says the Lord God." (Ezek. 39: 25 - 29)
For more on this development, please read an article in Israel National News, "Ministers Approve Jordan Valley Annexation," by going here. Thank you.
The Persecuted Church
Today's Focus: The Persecuted Church
"Do not deliver me to the will of my adversaries; For false witnesses have risen against me, And such as breathe out violence. I would have lost heart, unless I had believed That I would see the goodness of the Lord In the land of the living." (Psalm 27:12,13)
Iranian President Hassan Rouhani Reaches Out to Christians;
Leaders Reject 'Hollow Words'
Iranian President Hassan Rouhani reached out to Christians over the Christmas holiday in three visible ways. But Christian leaders have denounced his "hollow words."
In a Christmas statement, Rouhani "wished a new year full of cooperation, peace, security and tranquility for the Christians," Fars News reported. He also reached out to Christians through his Twitter account, proclaiming, "May Jesus Christ, Prophet of love & peace, bless us all on this day. Wishing Merry #Christmas to those celebrating, esp Iranian Christians."
But some were wary of his seemingly friendly words especially as Christians, including Iranian American Christian pastor Saeed Abedini, continue to be persecuted.
"The words of President Hassan Rouhani ring very hollow in the light of the continuing arrest, sentencing and imprisonment of Christians in Iran," Jerry Dykstra, director of media relations for Open Doors USA, told The Christian Post on Thursday. . .
Jordan Sekulow, executive director of the American Center for Law and Justice, also denounced Rouhani's outreach as false. "Once again President Rouhani's words do not match his actions," Sekulow wrote in a statement to The Christian Post on Thursday. "His statement wishing Christians health, success and happiness in the new year is nothing more than his continued push to redefine his radical regime in an effort to make it appear more moderate on the world stage."
"By continuing to hold American Pastor Saeed Abedini in prison for more than a year simply because of his Christian faith, Iran continues to show its blatant disregard for religious freedom and human rights," Sekulow declared.
Abedini was detained on Sept. 26, 2012, on the grounds that his Christian activities threatened Iran's national security. A Facebook group calling Christians to "Pray for Pastor Saeed Abedini" has garnered over 21,000 "likes." (Christian Post) Read more.
For more news about the Persecuted Church, and how you can be more involved in intercession for these precious saints, go here.
The Daily Jot
Losing the culture war
A recent Economist/YouGov Poll is a clear indicator. Some 67% of Americans called 2013 a bad or very bad year. About 32% called it a good or very good year. 61% believe the country is on the wrong track. Of the 29% who believe the country is on the right track, 54% are Democrats and 88% are moderate to liberal. Roughly 56% say that health care coverage is worse now than a year ago. Of those describing themselves as moderate to liberal, however, 56% think health care coverage is better--51% of them are Democrats. It is self evident that those who support the policies that are destroying the nation, think they are good policies, enthusiastically so. But where is the logic in this?
According to this poll, the vast majority of Americans see that things are not going well. Yet the policies that are taking the country down are allowed to continue. We also see from the poll that those who believe everything is going well are far and away moderate to liberal. They are in the minority, yet the policies they support are those that are ruling over the majority. While there are clear distinctions between Democrats and Republicans among American citizens, it would appear that the vast majority of Americans are quite conservative. The party lines are blurred when it comes to policy--in other words, the conservative citizen base is not seeing conservative policy and government from those they elect.
This means that once people get into office, they are buying in to the very liberal policies that are causing social and economic harm to people. It also means that those who consider themselves moderates or liberal are not thinking well. This is indisputable. Trillions of dollars of debt are being incurred to bail out a failing economy; some 50 million people are on welfare; the jobless rate is higher than statistics say because millions have given up on finding a job; taxes are increasing through socialist healthcare; we have been at war for over a decade, and the list keeps growing. We are amidst the most enduring and savage culture war the US has seen since the Civil War.
If 80 percent of Americans claim to be Christian, how then can policies detrimental to family and country be so entrenched? Obviously, we are not living up to the standards of our professed belief system. Jesus told us in Matthew 5:16, "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." He tells us in Matthew 28 to make disciples. Just having people say they believe in Christ is not making a disciple. For our nation to be in such a state, there must be multitudes who say they are Christian, but have no idea what is required. There is no hope for this nation or the world apart from Christ, a relationship with Christ, and abiding in Him. If we say we are, we need to be.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Victory for Duck Dynasty!!!
Victory for Duck Dynasty!!!
Late Friday afternoon, A&E announced that it would resume filming its hit reality show Duck Dynasty with the family patriarch Phil Robertson back on the set. A&E's decision came five days after Cracker Barrel quickly reversed itself after facing an avalanche of customer complaints when it pulled Duck Dynasty merchandise off its shelves.
In a statement released to Fox News the Robertson family said, "We will continue to represent our faith and values in the most positive way through 'Duck Dynasty' and our many projects that we are currently working on. The outpouring of support and prayer has encouraged and emboldened us greatly."
This is a big victory, my friends. It shows what can still be done when men and women of faith speak up and make our voices heard!
But make no mistake about it -- this is just one battle and the war continues to rage. The intolerant homosexual rights movement and the secular left are not about to give up. And we won't either! (Gary Bauer)
Jihad In Russia
Jihad In Russia
Islamofascism's war against Western Civilization is alive and well.
Suicide bombers have struck the Russian city of Volgograd twice in the past two days, killing more than 30 people and wounding scores more. These attacks have gotten most of the headlines, but jihadist violence is on the rise in Russia.
Three days ago, a car bomb exploded in Pyatigorsk, killing three. In October, a female homicide bomber killed five people in a bus bombing, also in Volgograd.
Many security experts fear this is just the beginning. The Sochi Winter Olympics are set to begin in a matter of weeks, and radical Islamists have made no secret of their intentions to strike. One jihadist leader compared the Sochi Olympic games to "Satanic dancing on the bones of our ancestors."
Bruce Hoffman, director of Georgetown University's Center for Security Studies, warned, "Although fear of terrorist attack has been a staple of Olympics security for the past four decades, the back-to-back blasts yesterday and today, coupled with another attack in the same city in October, are likely intended to be the opening salvos in a sustained terrorist campaign." (Gary Bauer)
Secret peace talk contents revealed
Secret peace talk contents revealed by PA sources
The Palestinian Authority (PA) negotiating team has revealed some of contents of the secretive peace talks it has been holding with Israel, under American auspices.
Independent journalist Baruch Yedid, who has maintained ongoing contact with official and unofficial PA sources, described to Arutz Sheva the situation taking place behind the smoke screen.
According to Yedid, talks are advancing with the goal of a framework agreement in January, well before the 9-month period set for talks.
Yedid's sources reveal that the agreement includes long term Israeli withdrawals over the course of 5 to 10 years in a number of stages, including withdrawals from Judea, Samaria and the Jordan Valley.
Concerning Jerusalem, Yedid reveals that discussions revolve around proposals following the model of the Vatican, whereby the Old City and the Temple Mount would be a sort of autonomous region under joint international management, including Israeli and PA representatives. (Israel National News) Read more
Prayer Request from the JerUSAlem Connection:
The abject irrationality of any attempt to make peace with the Philistinian (I know it's the Palestinians, but they take their name from the Philistines) Jihadist defies any sensible explanation. The notion of normal negotiations with Islamists has been, and will continue to be a diabolical disaster. The only language these people understand is force. And until this is expended to the total demise of Palestinian capacity to make war, there will be no peace. Who today has the moral core values based on the Covenants of the Bible to tackle this mission? Grant us O YAHWEH, leaders whose world view has been shaped by Holy Scripture and protect your people from the demonic designs of the Destroyer, we pray in the authority of the name of Jesus.
God says: "I will send my terror ahead of you and throw into confusion every nation you encounter. I will make all your enemies turn their backs and run." "YAHWEH will fight for you, you need only to be still." "Once more a remnant of the house of Judah will take root below and bear fruit above. For out of Jerusalem will come a remnant and out of Mount Zion a band of survivors. The zeal of YAHWEH Almighty will accomplish this. (Exodus 23:27, 14:14; Isaiah 37:31-32)
(Source for all above: The JerUSAlem Connection, P.O. Box 20295, Washington, DC 20041)
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
Fanatic group leader terrified seeing heavenly ball of light
Dear praying friends Praise be to the Lord Jesus May this post find you in good health and prospering in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus. Once again thank you for your prayer supports on our ministries. Please read following story of "Fanatic group leader terrified seeing heavenly ball of light" completely; and pray for his family. Please share this story with your friends by email, facebook, twitter, website or weblog etc.. (please make a link to our site http://pciniraj.wordpress.com , when you share this story to your website).
Fanatic group leader terrified seeing heavenly ball of light
My name is Rashid. I was a commander of a fanatic movement of Islam, who were planning either convert back or wipe out Muslim converts to Christianity in India and other Asian countries. Some of our operations were great success.
We came to know about Pastor Paul Ciniraj, a former Muslim and the group of his ministries boldly evangelizing people, specially Muslims. So we wanted to give him a big shock by destroying his family and wanted to bring him back to Islam as a good weapon against Christianity. And I voluntarily took the leadership of a group for the operation . . .
READ THE FULL STORY HERE.
P.S. We exhort you to take time TODAY to read this full story here . . . Rashid saw a HAND come down out of HEAVEN, with "a hole in the middle and Blood coming down out of it" . . . bringing healing to the daughter of Pastor Ciniraj. Praise God!
Worship With Us Today!
"Daddy Come Home"
Sung by the Yeshiva Boys' Choir
"Daddy Come Home" is a very touching song. This New Year may we all remember to pray for Israel and also for the IDF (army) and the IAF (air force). Amen.
[Repeated from our Hanukkah series last year . . .]
Pray for the Harvest!
Pray for the Harvest!
"Do you not say, 'Four months more and then the harvest'? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest." (John 4:35)
Every day, in every nation on earth, tens of thousands of men and women are making decisions for Christ. Now, you can monitor this amazing fact online by literally "watching" as these souls are born again into the Kingdom.
Of course, the identities of those who are coming to the Lord are never revealed, but our God knows who they are! Join us as we monitor these "names" daily, praying over each one to be mentored and to grow in his or her faith . . . even in these perilous times. You may visit either or both of the sites below, to pray for fields that are ripe for harvest.
> > > OPTION ONE: AboutJesus.net
> > > OPTION TWO: The Great Commission Map!