Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
On Capitol Hill This Week Volume XX, Number 9a
March 11 - 15, 2013
"The LORD gives strength to his people; the LORD blesses his people with peace." (Psalm 29:11)
News from Israel
News from Israel
- JOINT US-ISRAEL-TURKISH-JORDANIAN HQ TO OPERATE IN SYRIA IN CHEMICAL WAR
- EIGHT UN PEACEKEEPERS ABANDON POSTS NEAR SYRIA
- RISE IN ATTEMPTED INFILTRATIONS FROM JUDEA AND SAMARIA
- ISRAEL PREPARES FOR NEXT WAR WITH HEZBOLLAH
- TEMPLE MOUNT: ARABS THROW FIREBOMBS AT POLICE
- LAPID WILL BE ISRAEL'S NEXT FINANCE MINISTER
- IRAN 'BUYING TIME' FOR A BOMB
- OBAMA'S ISRAEL VISIT IS ON - TO SWEETEN PILL OF NUCLEAR IRAN
- RITA AT UN: I'LL WHISTLE MY PRAYER TO IRAN
- LOCUSTS ARRIVE IN TEL AVIV, NORTHERN ISRAEL
1. JOINT US-ISRAEL-TURKISH-JORDANIAN HQ TO OPERATE IN SYRIA IN CHEMICAL WAR
A new US-led contingency headquarters for joint US, IsraelU, Jordanian and Turkish operations will go into action inside Syria if any or all these allies should come under chemical or biological attack. Agreement to establish this headquarters was finalized at the talks US Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel held with visiting Israeli defense Minister Ehud Barak at the Pentagon Tuesday, March 5.
debkafile's military sources report that Hagel spoke of a chemical war in Syria in terms of an imminent and realistic eventuality. Washington expected the Syrian rebels close to al Qaeda to initiate this type of warfare and the Syria army to fight back in kind. Such an exchange could quickly spill over the Syrian borders to its neighbors, it was likewise predicted.
The kidnappings of UN observers have attracted worldwide attention and put the Islamist camp now dominating the Syrian rebel movement on the map as a force to be reckoned with and respected - internally and internationally.
According to those sources, although US defense spending cuts have held up the overhaul and refitting of the USS Harry S. Truman carrier and its strike force and their departure for the Middle East, the ship and its air combat unit are nonetheless on standby for deployment in the event of chemical warfare raising its head in the Syrian conflict.
- Abba Father, may this agreement be true and honored as agreed. We ask mercy on Your special people and land, in the midst of this coming war. Be in the midst of this coalition, directing it to be as You would have it be. In Jesus' Name we pray, Amen and Amen.
- Plans are established by counsel; by wise counsel wage war. (Proverbs 20:18)
2. EIGHT UN PEACEKEEPERS ABANDON POSTS NEAR SYRIA, RETREAT TO ISRAELI TERRITORY
Eight peacekeepers from the United Nations Disengagement Force abandoned their posts near southern Syria on Friday, and traveled to the Israel-Syria border. After leaving their posts in the demilitarized zone between Israel and Syria, the soldiers were brought into Israel by the Israel Defense Forces, acting in coordination with UNDOF command. The soldiers are currently at an UNDOF post near Quneitra, in Israeli territory.
In light of continued fighting between Syrian forces and rebels in the village of Jamala, the UN peacekeepers feared for their lives, and decided to "retreat" into Israeli territory. The soldiers that made their way to Israel serve in the same battalion as a group of soldiers from the Philippines who were kidnapped by Syrian rebels earlier this week.
This is the first kidnapping incident since UNDOF began its operations in the Golan Heights, roughly 2 months after the ceasefire agreement signed by Israel and Syria in 1974. Today, the force is comprised of 1,011 soldiers from Austria, Croatia, India, and the Philippines.
- Heavenly Father, we praise You that the 21 peacekeepers will be released. However, we admit that this seizure of the UN peacekeepers shows how close to a widespread eruption of war exists in this area of the world. We ask You Lord, to prepare and strengthen Israel's IDF for what seems to be arising, and for You to stay with them, Lord. In Jesus' Name we pray, Amen and Amen.
- It is a joy for the just to do justice, but destruction will come to the workers of iniquity. (Proverbs 21:15)
3. RISE IN ATTEMPTED INFILTRATIONS FROM JUDEA AND SAMARIA
The Military Police's Erez Battalion, which is stationed at crossings in Jerusalem and the Judea and Samaria region, recorded a significant rise in apprehensions and seizures last year.Erez Battalion Commander Lt. Col. Yuval Shenkin recently stated that his forces apprehended a suspect or confiscated illegal materials 14 thousand times in 2012, in contrast to 10 thousand such incidents the previous year. The Battalion apprehended 1,450 illegal infiltrators in 2012- more than double the 601 such apprehensions it carried out in 2011.
The Erez Battalion has also witnessed a sharp increase in discoveries of forged identity documents, particularly in the areas surrounding Jerusalem. It apprehended 193 suspects with falsified documents in 2012, in contrast to 74 the previous year.
"The more the security fence is built around and encompasses the Jerusalem area, the fewer ways there are to infiltrate- and thus [illegal infiltrators] at the crossing are attempting to make use of forged documents," Lt. Col. Shenkin explained.
Last month, the Erez Battalion encountered the new phenomenon of forged driver's licenses. "We encountered two of these incidents, one at the Hizma checkpoint and one at Kalandia," the commander stated. In each incident, the suspects were arrested by Military Police guards and transferred to the Israel Police for questioning.
Source (By Rotem Pesso, Israel Defense Forces, March 5, 2013) [Reported by BFP: Bridges for Peace]
- Pray that Israel continues to be alert to any threatening activity at its checkpoints and throughout the Judea and Samaria areas. Pray that an air of peace will develop.
- At the same time, says the Lord, I will be the God of all the families of Israel, and they shall be My people.Thus says the Lord: The people who survived the sword found grace in the wilderness--Israel, when I went to give him rest. (Jeremiah 31:1-2)
4. ISRAEL PREPARES FOR NEXT WAR WITH HEZBOLLAH
REVIVIM JUNCTION, Israel (AP) - On a dusty field in Israel's southern desert, the military is gearing up for the next battle against a familiar foe: Hezbollah guerrillas in Lebanon. As the Syrian civil war intensifies, military planners are growing increasingly jittery that the fighting could spill over into Israel, potentially dragging the Islamic militant group that is allied with President Bashar Assad into the fray.
After battling Hezbollah to a stalemate in 2006, the Israeli military says it has learned key lessons and is prepared to inflict heavy damage on the group if fighting begins again. The Israel-Lebanon border has remained largely quiet since that last war. But Hezbollah has since replenished its arsenal and has waged a shadow war with Israel around the world. The fall of the Syrian leader or alternatively an Israel strike against Hezbollah's other main patron, Iran, could spark another full-fledged war.
Israel is also taking a fiercer tone, saying it will act with far less restraint than it did in 2006, when it took out electric grids, roads and city blocks during the month long war that was sparked by a deadly cross-border raid by Hezbollah. Military officials say entire villages that host Hezbollah's arsenal would be considered fair targets.
Hezbollah still suffers from the fallout of the 2006 war, which many in Lebanon accused Hezbollah of provoking by killing and kidnapping Israeli soldiers from the border area. Since then, the group has come under increasing pressure at home to disarm. Though Hezbollah has been accused of fighting alongside the military in Syria, the group has largely been cautious with regards to the Syria conflict, knowing that any action it takes could backfire. In addition, the group's reputation has been tarnished because its leader has supported Arab Spring uprisings in Tunisia, Libya and Egypt, but has backed the Assad regime in Syria.
- Abba Father, as all the accumulated long term anger and resentment rises up to boiling points, war becomes more likely to occur. We fall before You to ask that when this war erupts, that You have Your warrior angels all around Israel, and that You impart Your will and strength into Israel's leaders, in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- Redeem Israel, O God, out of all their troubles. (Psalm 25:22)
5. TEMPLE MOUNT: ARABS THROW FIREBOMBS AT POLICE
Rioters hurl firebombs at officers storming Old City compound through Mughrabi Gate; police officers, demonstrators and journalist lightly hurt. Palestinians say settlers slaughtered cattle. Jerusalem Police forces on Friday stormed the Temple Mount compound through the Old City's Mughrabi Gate after Arabs threw stones in their direction. The officers dispersed the rioters using stun grenades. Nine police officers and a number demonstrators were lightly injured in the clashes. Police said calm was restored to the compound at around 1:30 pm and that forces were positioned around the Al-Aqsa mosque. Police arrested four rioters.
Friday morning saw clashes erupt between Jewish settlers from the Adei Ad outpost and Palestinians from the village of Mrair in the northern West Bank. The settlers claimed Palestinians from the village had stolen one of their herds during the night. They entered the village and clashed with the locals, until Border Guard officers arrived at the scene and restored order.
"During the clashes the settlers slaughtered five cattle and injured five others," the council head said. "The army and Civil Administration forces arrived and asked the Palestinians to return to their homes. Six Palestinians were injured." The shepherd's son filed a complaint with the police.
Also on Friday, Palestinians from the village of As Sawiya, near the Tapuah Junction, claimed settlers destroyed 75 olive tree saplings and damaged 21 trees. The slogan "price tag" was spray-painted on a barrel in the village. A few years ago, hardline settlers adopted the so-called "price tag" policy, under which they attack Palestinians and their property in response to Israeli government measures against settlements.
- Lord, it seems more and more there are rising confrontations between Jewish settlers and their Arab neighbors. In the name of Jesus we bind and rebuke the dark spirits arising in these confrontations, and loose the spirits of self control, mediation, and reason. We ask You to rise up and confront those involved with a true fear of You Lord! In Jesus' Name we pray, Amen and Amen.
- To do evil is like sport to a fool, but a man of understanding has wisdom. (Proverbs 10:23)
6. LAPID WILL BE ISRAEL'S NEXT FINANCE MINISTER
Yesh Atid chairman MK Yair Lapid will likely be Israel's next Finance Minister, it was reported on Friday, after a meeting between Lapid and Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu was described by the sides as "good". The reports in Israel's media outlets also indicated that Bayit Yehudi chairman MK Naftali Bennett will be appointed as Minister of Industry, Trade and Labor. MK Moshe Ya'alon (Likud) will be Defense Minister, according to the reports.
Lapid had previously demanded to be appointed to the position of Foreign Minister, causing problems for Netanyahu, who intended on saving that portfolio for Yisrael Beytenu chairman Avigdor Lieberman until the end of his trial. Lapid has now agreed to give up on this demand, and Lieberman will indeed be appointed as Foreign Minister once his trial ends, assuming it is without conviction.
A compromise has also been reached on Lapid's demand that the number of ministers in the Cabinet be reduced in order to save costs. The new Cabinet will include 23 ministers, more than the 18 Lapid had demanded, but less than the Likud's demand of 25 or more.
Members of the Likud expressed satisfaction over the results of the talks with Lapid, telling Channel 10 News, "He'll get to appear like a winner as he wanted, and we managed to keep the Foreign Ministry, as was promised to Lieberman." "We agreed to his demand to reduce the number of ministers and took out the hareidi parties," stressed the Likud officials. "He also understands he will have to compromise on the Foreign Ministry."
- Thank You, Lord for what appears to be the development of a working coalition for Israel's government. We seek Your blessings of discernment, wisdom and strength to continue to be poured in PM Netanyahu for this hour in history, in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- Do not forsake me, O Lord: O my God, be not far from me! Make haste to help me, O Lord, my salvation. (Psalm 38:21-22)
7. IRAN 'BUYING TIME' FOR A BOMB
Israeli Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu criticized renewed international efforts to try to stop Iran's nuclear program, saying they have backfired and only given Iran more time to work on a bomb. "My impression from these talks is that the only thing that is gained from them is a buying of time, and through this time-buying Iran intends to continue enriching nuclear materials for an atomic bomb and is indeed getting closer to this goal," Netanyahu told his cabinet.
He spoke after last week's meeting between Iran and six world powers which made no progress. The world powers offered Iran some relief from sanctions if it would agree to halt uranium enrichment. The Iran issue is expected to be high on the agenda of President Obama's visit to Israel later this month. Netanyahu has repeatedly said that a nuclear Iran would pose an existential threat to Israel and that "all options" including a military strike on Iran are on the table. Iran continues to insist that its nuclear program is only for peaceful purposes.
Source (By The Media Line, March 3, 2013) [Reported by BFP: Bridges for Peace]
- Pray wisdom for the leaders of all countries worldwide. Pray that they are given insight into a perfect and effective deterrent to Iran's nuclear development.
- The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul; the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple; the statutes of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart; the commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes. ( Psalm 19:7-8)
8. OBAMA'S ISRAEL VISIT IS ON - TO SWEETEN PILL OF NUCLEAR IRAN
President Barack Obama will visit Israel later this month, the 20th, even if Israeli Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu fails to put together a governing coalition beforehand. "We're going," White House spokesman Josh Earnest said at a briefing for reporters Friday, March 9. In answer to a question, he said, "The formation of the Israeli government is the responsibility of Prime Minister Netanyahu and other senior officials of the Israeli government..."
Secretary of state John Kerry thought otherwise when he skipped a visit to Israel as not worthwhile until a government is in place. (Netanyahu's deadline for forming a government has been extended to March16.) debkafile reports from its Washington sources that President Obama's calculations for making the trip are a lot more complicated than Kerry's. According to some Israeli circles, none of them are good news for their country.
Conscious of how these concessions to the Islamic Republic are received in Jerusalem, it is no wonder that President Obama brushed off the invitation to address the Israeli Knesset, where lawmakers would likely put him on the spot. He has chosen instead to deliver a speech at Jerusalem's Convention Center, so as to deliver his message straight to the Israeli public. By going over the heads of Israel's government and parliament to face a less informed audience, he believes he can get away with sweet-talking his surrender to a nuclear Iran.
Former military intelligence chief, Amos Yadlin stepped in with a timely comment last week when he said that an Israeli strike against Iran's nuclear facilities would be no more than a one-night operation. So when Air Force One lands in Israel March 20 and Israeli dignitaries push forward to greet the US president, a small group of anonymous Air Force pilots will be watching from a distance, waiting for the order to fly out and carry out their mission in a single night.
After Jerusalem, President Obama continues to the Palestinian Authority and then Jordan.
- Heavenly Father, this appears to be a very dangerous game being played by a number of world powers, a game that is not based on logic or 'truths' that should have been learned from previous history. We seek for Your heavenly warrior angels to accompany the Israeli Air Force in their flight to and from Iran when Israel's leaders determine that action is necessary to stop Iran from having and using a nuclear bomb. In Jesus' Name we pray, Amen and Amen.
- The mouth of the righteous brings forth wisdom, but the perverse tongue will be cut out. (Proverbs 10:3) Call upon Me in the day of trouble: I will deliver you, and you shall glorify Me. (Psalm 50:15)
9. RITA AT UN: I'LL WHISTLE MY PRAYER TO IRAN
WASHINGTON - The State of Israel on Tuesday night [March 5] presented its Persian weapon at the United Nations General Assembly building: Iranian-born singer Rita. Under the banner, "Tunes for Peace," the Israeli singer performed at the UN headquarters in New York in the presence of the UN secretary-general, the General Assembly president, ambassadors, diplomats, and Jewish community leaders. An Iranian television crew was also spotted in the auditorium.
The General Assembly hall was packed. UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon welcomed Rita and the audience cheered, whistled, and danced in the aisles. The Israeli singer rocked the house with songs in Hebrew, Farsi and English, with the word "peace" appearing numerous times in all three languages.
Rita, who will celebrate her 51st birthday in late March, was born in Tehran and immigrated to Israel with her family at the age of eight. "During this period I could not imagine what fate God had planned for me when I started working on 'My Joys' album. Not only is our country in such a tense period with the Iranian regime (and I stress 'the Iranian regime' and not the Iranian people), I was amazed by the extent to which people embraced this album in Israel. "Due to the album's success in Iran itself, the international media are excited too and refer to it as a place of hope and connection, amazingly without any cynicism.
"I am proud of being Jewish and Israeli. I am about to reveal a piece of the ancient, rich and beautiful culture of Persia. The concert combined both languages intertwined simply and beautifully, just like the prayer in my heart that we, the common people, will be able to make an impact eventually. "There is a story about a boy who walked into a synagogue and didn't know how to pray like everyone else, so he just whistled with all his might. I have no knowledge of the language of politics, but I will be there, whistle my prayer and hope that it reaches as far as Iran."
Source (By Yitzhak Benhorin, Or Barnea contributing, Ynetnews, March 6, 2013) [Reported by BFP: Bridges for Peace]
- Praise God that the UN was able to hear the voice of an Iranian born, Jewish Israeli. Pray that her music gave those at the UN and Iran a better understanding of Israel.
- And He said to me, Son of man, this is the place of My throne and the place of the soles of My feet, where I will dwell in the midst of the children of Israel forever. (Ezekiel 43:7)
10. LOCUSTS ARRIVE IN TEL AVIV, NORTHERN ISRAEL
Despite an additional round of insecticide spraying in the south, Saturday saw swarms of the reddish grasshoppers descend upon the country, with some successfully making their way out of the south and into the center, and even northern parts of Israel. According to the Agriculture Ministry, "These are a handful of locusts that have already been in the country since the beginning of the week. " In small numbers they are harmless," the ministry promised, expressing hope that "from this point on, we won't see any more massive swarms." It cited the completion of an additional round of insecticide fumigation Saturday "
This group arrived in the Negev earlier this week causing massive damages to crops, estimated at the hundreds of thousands. Apparently strong winds aided some members of this locust pack in making their way to the center of the country, with a few minor swarms successfully even making it all the way to the north.
Friday's round followed Thursday's massive operation, in which Agriculture Ministry officials covered more than 10,000 dunam (2,500 acres) along the Israeli-Egyptian border with anti-locusts pesticides. According to the ministry, the operation succeeded and managed to destroy most of the original swarm that arrived in the Negev at the beginning of the week.
There were even those who found pleasure in the locusts visit. Before the crop-dusters managed to take flight on Thursday, a few Yemenite families arrived to gather the grasshoppers, an important and rare ingredient found in a traditional Yemenite meal. According to them, these are kosher insects, completely edible and most enjoyable.
- Have mercy, Abba Father!! Stop this locust invasion please. Raise up Your right hand and extend Your arm to protect Israel's crops, for Your special people's sake. In Jesus' Name we pray, Amen and Amen.
- The Lord is near to all who call upon Him, to all who call upon Him in truth.
More International News
More International News
- FRANCE, ISRAEL FOR STRONGER SANCTIONS ON IRAN
- JORDAN KING HOPES OBAMA VISIT REVIVES MIDEAST PEACE
- CHINA WARNS AGAINST KOREA ESCALATION
- SYRIA CLAIMS TO UNCOVER IRAELI SPY EQUIPMENT
- KARZAI, HAGEL NEWS CONFERENCE CANCELED AS AFGHAN LEADER SAYS US WORKING WITH TALIBAN
- ECONOMIC CRISIS "BALKANIZED" GLOBAL FINANCE
1. FRANCE, ISRAEL FOR STRONGER SANCTIONS ON IRAN
SpaceDaily.com reports: "Sanctions on Iran over its contested nuclear program are biting but need to be strengthened further, French President Francois Hollande and his Israeli counterpart Shimon Peres said on Friday.
Western powers suspect Iran's nuclear program to be a cover for building an atomic weapons capability, a charge which Tehran strongly denies.
'I have said how much we want the sanctions to be beefed up, which are already efficient,' Hollande said after meeting Peres.
Iran last month held talks with the five UN Security Council permanent members -- the United States, China, Russia, Britain and France -- plus Germany on its nuclear ambitions in the Kazakh capital Almaty.
The meeting saw the group offer Iran a softening of non-oil or financial sector-related sanctions in exchange for concessions over the country's uranium enrichment operations.
'The sanctions are effective more than we thought but not enough... and I was very glad to hear from the president (Hollande) that he plans to take more measures because if we can end this danger without military use, it will be better,' Peres said. (Jack Van Impe)
- Ask the Lord to intervene in this situation with Iran. Pray for the Iranian Christians that they not get hurt in this conflict between Israel and the world. Praise the Lord for the attitude of France and some of the other European countries who are also in a position to be hurt by any nuclear blast from Iran.
- Be still and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the heathen. I will be exalted in the earth." (Psalm 46: 10)
2. JORDAN KING HOPES OBAMA VISIT REVIVES MIDEAST PEACE
King Abdullah II of Jordan said on Saturday that he hoped the visit of US President Barack Obama to Israel and the West Bank later this month will offer a momentum to the Mideast peace process. 'We are looking forward to welcoming President Obama in Jordan soon. And I hope to see real momentum in the peace process after his visit, a strategic national interest for both our countries,' the king said in an address to Jordanian and American businessmen at a meeting in Amman.
Palestinian-Israeli peace talks have been deadlocked for more than two years. The Palestinians insist on renewing talks in tandem with a freeze on Jewish settlement construction in the occupied West Bank and east Jerusalem, while Israel says there should be no preconditions.
Obama is set to meet with Israeli and Palestinian leaders in Jerusalem and Ramallah during his March 20-22 visit, the first foreign policy mission of his second term. He will also visit Jordan. But US officials say he will not launch a Mideast peace initiative during the trip. (SpaceWar.com)
- Pray that King Abdullah of Jordan is not speaking empty words into the wind by pinning his hopes on the American president, for we have not seen much hope from Obama toward Israel. It can be that the king is under political pressure from the Moslem world around his small nation. Fortunately, Jordan has been a good neighbor to Israel and a protection to Israel's eastern border. Pray for Jordan's protection to continue.
- "Through Your name we will trample those who rise against us. I will not trust in my bow, nor shall my sword save me, but You have saved us from our enemies."
(Psalm 44 : 5-7).
3. CHINA WARNS AGAINST KOREA ESCALATION
China has appealed for calm on the Korean peninsula, hours after North Korea said it had scrapped all peace pacts with the South and threatened pre-emptive nuclear strikes. China, the North's only major ally, said all sides should continue to talk and avoid 'further escalation'.
Pyongyang has reacted angrily to another round of sanctions imposed by the UN over its recent nuclear test. The sanctions restrict luxury goods imports and banking activities. Beijing provides fuel, food and diplomatic cover to Pyongyang. It has repeatedly voted in favor of UN sanctions imposed over the nuclear program, but enforcement of the measures in China is patchy.
Hua Chunying of China's foreign ministry told a news conference on Friday: 'China and North Korea have normal country relations. At the same time, we also oppose North Korea's conducting of nuclear tests. 'China calls on the relevant parties to be calm and exercise restraint and avoid taking any further action that would cause any further escalations.' (BBC News)
- Praise the Lord for China's attitude towards North Korea, and the call for more peaceful attitudes towards South Korea. South Korea has never done anything warlike against North Korea. Instead, South Korea prays continually for their relatives in North Korea. The leader of North Korea is being stubborn and belligerent. Ask our Lord to soften his heart . . . pray!
- "But the salvation of the righteous is of the Lord and does not forsake His saints; they are preserved forever, but the descendants of the wicked shall be cut off."
(Psalm 37: 28)
4. SYRIA CLAIMS TO UNCOVER IRAELI SPY EQUIPMENT
Syria said on Thursday it had uncovered an Israeli spy camera monitoring a 'sensitive site' on its Mediterranean coast. State television showed pictures of what it said was a camera, six large batteries and transmission gear along with fake rocks used to camouflage the equipment. It quoted an official source as saying the equipment was found in the last few days at a coastal location not specified, and that the discovery highlighted the role Israel had played in the uprising against President Bashar al-Assad. It said the camera had relayed pictures in real time and had been used in the service of both Israel and 'armed terrorist groups' - the label Syrian officials give to insurgents fighting to topple Assad.
An Israel Defense Forces spokeswoman said she was checking the report and made no further comment. Foreign Ministry spokesman Yigal Palmor would not comment on the report of the spy equipment, saying: 'We will not be dragged into the Syrian civil war. Not on the verbal or propaganda battlefield, nor on the real one.' (Haaretz)
- What a silly statement for Assad and his regime to make. If Israel and its forces have spy cameras planted in Syria, their purpose is to protect Israel from any tricks that Assad may make to use chemical weapons against them. Assad should be cautious about his comments. Pray for the Christians still living in Syria.
- "Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him. Fret not thyself because of him who prospers in his way because of the man who brings wicked devices to pass."
5. KARZAI, HAGEL NEWS CONFERENCE CANCELED AS AFGHAN LEADER SAYS US WORKING WITH TALIBAN
A news conference between Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel and Afghan President Hamid Karzai was canceled Sunday on the heels of the Afghan leader's accusation that the Taliban and the U.S. are working together to convince Afghans that violence in the country will worsen if foreign troops leave as planned by the end of next year. U.S. officials say the news conference was canceled due to a security threat, but the two men plan to meet privately. According to the Associated Press, the cancellation comes a day after a suicide bomber on a bicycle struck outside the Afghan Defense Ministry, killing nine Afghan civilians and wounding 14 others.
Pentagon press secretary George Little said the cancellation was not due to remarks Karzai made earlier accusing the Taliban and the U.S. of colluding to keep foreign troops in Afghanistan past the planned drawdown date -- an allegation the top commander in Afghanistan rejected as "categorically false."
Karzai said two suicide bombings that killed 19 people on Saturday -- one outside the Afghan Defense Ministry and the other near a police checkpoint in eastern Khost province -- show the insurgent group is conducting attacks to help show that international forces will still be needed to keep the peace after their current combat mission ends in 2014. "The explosions in Kabul and Khost yesterday showed that they are at the service of America and at the service of this phrase: 2014. They are trying to frighten us into thinking that if the foreigners are not in Afghanistan, we would be facing these sorts of incidents," he said during a nationally televised speech about the state of Afghan women.
- Pray that this issue does not cause international problems and that the Afghan leadership will want to work with the USA. The accusation is really preposterous, given that American forces have worked against the Taliban. Pray for the relationship between Afghanistan and the USA, and that the Taliban is soon defeated. Pray that the political pressure is taken from the office of Karzai so that he no longer makes inflammatory statements.
- "O, Lord, Thou hast searched me, and known me." (Psalm 139: 1)
6. ECONOMIC CRISIS "BALKANIZED" GLOBAL FINANCE
The economic crises in the United States and Europe wiped out decades of progress in expanding the world financial system, depressing the flow of investments and loans across borders and potentially setting the stage for an epoch of entrenched low growth, according to a new study on global finance patterns.
The McKinsey Global Institute report combines databases from the International Monetary Fund, global central banks and other sources to try to sum up what has been lost in the aftermath of the 2008 Lehman Bros. failure and subsequent crisis in the euro zone.
The top findings: The amount of investments and loans flowing across international borders has collapsed. The overall value of financial assets compared to the size of the world economy is way down. And, in a sign of how government policy has struggled with mixed results to revive growth, the composition of world financial holdings has shifted away from equity investments like stocks and toward government debt. (The Washington Post)
- Pray for God's righteous intervention in the affairs of government. Pray that He will give government officials wisdom in resolving their mismanagement of sound principles of economics. Pray that the U.S. and her allies will humble themselves and call upon the name of the Lord to save us from needless suffering and economic calamity.
- "Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment. Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share." (1 Timothy 6:17-18)
Breaking - IDF on High Alert
IDF on High Alert in the Golan Heights, Israel-Syria Border
IDF forces are on high alert in the Golan Heights, carefully scrutinizing the border with Syria, as opposition forces begin to consider a new target: Israel.
Syrian rebels have penetrated the demilitarized zone (DMZ) separating Syria from Israel. The status of the area respected by both Israel and Syria since the end of the Yom Kippur War, though both are technically still at war, is apparently respected no longer.
In a video posted Saturday on the Internet by Syrian opposition forces, the rebels are seen in the Syrian side of the Golan Heights DMZ, firing guns right next to a U.N. sign specifically stating the area is a demilitarized zone. Another, similar video shows the rebel forces traveling in a vehicle within the DMZ, with a spokesperson saying, 'We are now in front of the occupied Golan, the blessed land sold by [former President] Hafez Assad. 'For 40 years, not a single gunshot has been fired on this land. For 40 years not a single gunshot has been fired towards Israel,' the rebel spokesman added.
Last week's kidnapping of 21 United Nations Filipino peacekeeping soldiers within the DMZ by a group of 30 rebels made it clear that era is over. Member nations are more skittish about allowing their troops, who carry light arms only, to remain in what is now clearly a danger zone.
Meanwhile Israeli troops are providing security for military engineers and private contractors who are rushing to complete Israel's new northern border security fence. New alarm systems armed with a special fiber that activates at the slightest touch are being added to the fence. (Israel National News)
- Heavenly Father, we come before you to plead for the protection of Your land Israel and her people, in Jesus' Name. The cauldron of war is beginning to bubble over into areas that previously were not involved, such as the DMZ area on the Golan. We continue to plead for You to be in the midst of all that is happening there and to clearly confront the IDF and Israeli leadership in what they should do, how and when to act. In Jesus' Name we pray, Amen and Amen.
- Wait on the Lord and keep His way, and He shall exalt you to inherit the land; when the wicked are cut off, you shall see it. (Psalm 37:34)
The angel of the Lord encamps all around those who fear Him, and delivers them. (Psalm 34:7)
Kenyatta Wins Election in Kenya!
Kenyatta declared winner of Kenya's presidential vote
Uhuru Kenyatta, indicted for crimes against humanity, was declared winner of Kenya's presidential election on Saturday, but rival Raila Odinga said he would challenge the outcome in court and asked supporters to avoid violence.
Kenyatta, Kenya's richest man and son of its founding president, faces trial on charges of playing a leading role in the wave of tribal killings that followed the disputed 2007 presidential election. His win on Saturday avoided what could have been a divisive a run-off pencilled in for April.
In his acceptance speech, Kenyatta said he and his team would cooperate with international institutions and that he expected the world to respect Kenya's sovereignty. "We recognise and accept our international obligations and we will continue to cooperate with all nations and international institutions - in line with those obligations."
After saying Kenyatta secured 50.07 percent of the vote, edging over the 50 percent needed to avoid a second round, the chairman of the Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission, Issack Hassan, announced: "I therefore declare Uhuru Kenyatta the duly elected president of the Republic of Kenya."
Odinga, who secured 43.3 percent of the vote, had questioned the election process before the balloting and during the count his party officials had called for tallying to stop. International observers however broadly said the vote and count had been transparent so far and the electoral commission, which replaced a discredited body, said it delivered a credible vote.
U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said America had longstanding ties with Kenya, and "will continue to be a strong friend and ally of the Kenyan people". He congratulated the people of the east African country for holding a peaceful vote.
Kenyans hope the vote, which passed off with only pockets of unrest on voting day, will restore their nation's reputation as one of Africa's most stable democracies after killings last time left more than 1,200 dead. Many Kenyans have said they are determined to avoid a repeat of the post-2007 chaos, which paralysed the economy.
Church leaders in Kisumu sought to defuse tension this time and some Odinga supporters said it was time to move on. "I urge our candidate to forget the presidency and let the will of God prevail," cloth vendor Diana Ndonga said.
Many shops stayed closed as a precaution in the port city of Mombasa, another Odinga stronghold, but streets were calm.
Some said Odinga's call for non-violence had calmed nerves. "Now that we have heard Raila's voice, we will maintain peace and give courts time to do their work. I urge people of this area to remain calm and continue with their normal lives," said Robert Ouko, 24, a transporter. (Reuters)
THE MIRACLE OF THIS ELECTION
(A report submitted to us by friends in Kenya.)
The voting block of Uhuru and the voting block of Ruto are the two tribes which were deeply involved in the violence of 2007. While other tribes were involved, these two were at the fore-front of this violence. Today, God has healed them put them together and now they are voting on the same Jubilee coalition.
Our prayer is that even all other tribes will experience healing and come together as a Nation to play their role in agreeing with God in the building of our Nation.
- We stand in agreement with this prayer request from our brothers and sisters in Christ inside the nation of Kenya. Praise God for this victory!
- "Let every thing that hath breath praise the Lord. Praise ye the Lord!" (Psalm 150:6)
Praising God With You!
Praising God With You!
[Editor's note: We truly understand that, today, we are indeed living in "perilous times." With our nation now under threat of a nuclear attack by either North Korea or Iran . . . and with our president making his first-ever trip to Israel with an agenda known only to him . . . we watch and we pray.-- In VENEZUELA, the nation now stands poised for a new day of government, now that its former dictator has passed on into eternity. We continue to pray for those who mourn, that they might find Jesus Christ as their Savior and Lord.
Having said that, we wish today to call your attention to a number of exciting turn of events both here and abroad -- in each case, where the enemy has been defeated and righteousness rules. May you be encouraged as you read these reports, for it is written "where sin abounds, grade abounds more so." (Romans 5:20) Amen!]
Having said that, we wish today to call your attention to a number of exciting turn of events both here and abroad -- in each case, where the enemy has been defeated and righteousness rules. May you be encouraged as you read these reports, for it is written "where sin abounds, grade abounds more so." (Romans 5:20) Amen!]
-- In KENYA, see above! Praise the Lord!
-- In the UNITED STATES:
-- In the U.S. Senate, we witnessed the defeat of the nomination of Caitlin Halligan to the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals. According to the Family Research Council, Ms. Halligan held extreme positions on gun rights, terrorism, marriage and abortion. We praise God for sparing this city of a wicked judge!
- In MISSISSIPPI, the last abortion clinic has shut down, making Mississippi the first abortion-free state in the Union! [Source: Bound4Life]
-- In ARKANSAS, Senator Jason Rapert, R-Conway, Arkansas, drafted the nation's most restrictive abortion law, SB134, known now as Act 301 of 2013. Senator Rapert's legistlation requires a woman seeking an abortion 12 weeks or later into a pregnancy, to undergo an abdominal ultrasound to check for a fetal heartbeat. If a heartbeat is detected, then the fetus is viable and the abortion is prohibited.
The House voted 68-20 in favor of the bill and the Senate voted 26-8 in favor of the bill. Governor Mike Beebe, a Democrat, vetoed the bill stating in a letter that it "would blatantly violate the United States Constitution." In spite of his veto, last week the House and Senate overrode the gubernatorial veto.
Congratulations to the Legislature of the State of Arkansas for its bold and courageous preservation of the unborn human being who deserves life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness! We have seen how Republicans and Democrats can work together for goodness! We thank Senator Jason Rapert for his bravery, determination and clarity; he is a true American hero, deserving of our admiration, continued support and prayers!
- Join us in praising the Lord for the NEW WIND OF THE SPIRIT that seems to be sweeping our land, and other nations, too. Let's be encouraged -- God IS hearing our prayers! And let's press in with ever more vigor in the days ahead to see His Kingdom come, and His will be done on earth, as it is in heaven! Amen and amen!
- "Pray without ceasing . . ." (I Thessalonians 5:17)
- WHITE HOUSE: U.S. "FULLY CAPABLE" OF DEFENDING AGAINST N.K. ATTACK
- LAWMAKERS URGE TOUGHER STANCE AGAINST N.K. THREATS
- SEN. PAUL DECLARES VICTORY AFTER HOLDER OFFERS ASSURANCE ON DRONES
- JOHN BRENNAN GETS CONFIRMATION; HAS MOST "NO" VOTES IN HISTORY
- FEINSTEIN: PTSD VETERANS SHOULD NOT HAVE GUNS
- TSA POLICY CHANGES, ALLOWING KNIVES ON BOARD AIRCRAFT
- BILL INTRODUCED TO PROTECT RELIGIOUS FREEDOM IN OBAMACARE
- TERROR CASE ON U.S. SOIL FUELS OUTRAGE
- SENATOR SLAMS MOSLEM BROTHERHOOD
- MOSLEMS VOW: "'WE ARE ABOVE THE LAW OF THE LAND"
- U.S. CANCELS AWARD FOR EGYPTIAN WOMAN, CITING ANTI-SEMITIC REMARKS
1. WHITE HOUSE: U.S. "FULLY CAPABLE" OF DEFENDING AGAINST N.K. ATTACK
The U.S. is fully capable of defending itself against a North Korean ballistic missile attack, the White House said Thursday, after Pyongyang threatened a pre-emptive nuclear strike on the United States. The threat from the North Koreans came ahead of a unanimous vote in the U.N. Security Council approving its toughest sanctions yet on the North in response to an atomic test last month.
North Korea has escalated its bellicose statements this week as the tightening of U.N. sanctions loomed. It has also threatened to scrap the cease-fire that ended the 1950-53 Korean War. "I can tell you that the United States is fully capable of defending against any North Korean ballistic missile attack," said White House spokesman Jay Carney.
Carney alluded to the development of a U.S. system designed to defend against long-range missiles. He said the U.S. is on a "good trajectory" after success in its return to testing of the Ground-Based Interceptor.
The top U.S. envoy on North Korea, Glyn Davies, cautioned Pyongyang not to miscalculate, saying the U.S. will take necessary steps to defend itself and its allies, including South Korea, where it bases nearly 30,000 U.S. forces. "We take all North Korean threats seriously enough to ensure that we have the correct defense posture to deal with any contingencies that might arise," Davies told reporters after testifying before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. (Fox News)
- Father in heaven, we call unto You for help by binding and breaking North Korea's ability to attack the United States with ballistic missiles. Cut off their supply for nuclear material to make weapons. By the power of God, destroy any weapons and ballistic missiles that they may already have in their arsenal. And Father, we ask that the United States and other countries will vote for the toughest sanctions possible on North Korea. Push the North back and cut off all help and assistance so they not start another war. Strengthen the United States and make them prepared and ready to defend itself. By the Blood of Jesus drown out the enemy. And through it all, we ask for Your miraculous, divine intervention on behalf of the protection and sustenance of Your children who live in North Korea. We ask all this in Jesus' Name, amen.
- "The bloodthirsty hate the upright: but the just seek his soul. A fool utters all his mind: but a wise man keeps it in till afterward. Every Word of God is pure: He is a shield unto them that put their trust in Him." (Proverbs 29:10-11; 30:5)
2. LAWMAKERS URGE TOUGHER STANCE AGAINST N.K. THREATS
Republican lawmakers called on President Obama Friday to take stronger stance against a nuclear-armed North Korea and its leader's increasingly hostile threats against the United States. The lawmakers urged the administration to reassess the security posture toward the Kim regime and its ballistic missile and nuclear weapons programs. The letter, written by representatives from Ohio, Alabama, Utah, Colorado and Oklahoma, ask Obama to also strengthen the country's defensive and offensive cooperation with its allies.
"Each and every entity violating international sanctions on North Korea must immediately be frozen out of global commerce," the letter stated. "Urgent action must be taken to undo your devastating reductions to our missile defenses." (Fox News)
- Father, we pray You bring strong pressure upon Obama to do everything possible to make the United States military ready to defend our country, with no reduction of military aid which is needed to protect America. God, prevent China from helping North Korea by holding them back. Lord God, enlist warrior angels to stand against Kim Jong Un and defeat him and all his nuclear weapons and ballistic missiles that they fall to the ground without harm to anyone. In Jesus' Name, amen.
- "Woe to you that spoil, and you were not spoiled; and deal treacherously, and they dealt not treacherously with you! When you shall cease to spoil, you shall be spoiled and robbed; and when you shall make an end to deal treacherously, they shall deal treacherously with you." (Isaiah 33:1)
3. SEN. PAUL DECLARES VICTORY AFTER HOLDER OFFERS ASSURANCE ON DRONES
Sen. Rand Paul declared victory Thursday after Attorney General Eric Holder assured him that the president cannot use a drone to kill a noncombatant American on U.S. soil -- an assurance Paul had sought during his 13-hour filibuster the day before. "Hooray!" Paul responded when the letter was read to him for the first time during an interview with Fox News. "For 13 hours yesterday, we asked him that question, so there is a result and a victory. Under duress and under public humiliation, the White House will respond and do the right thing."
During his dramatic filibuster, which delayed a vote on CIA director nominee John Brennan, Paul had demanded the administration clarify the government's authority to kill on U.S. soil. The filibuster ended past midnight early Thursday morning. The Senate voted, 63-34, to confirm Brennan later Thursday afternoon.
Shortly before the vote, Holder sent a terse letter to Paul that read: "It has come to my attention that you have now asked an additional question: 'Does the President have the authority to use a weaponized drone to kill an American not engaged in combat on American soil?' The answer to that question is no."
In response, Paul said Thursday that "we're proud to announce that the president is not going to kill unarmed Americans on American soil." He later took to the floor to promote the attorney general's response, as the Senate moved to confirm Brennan.
Though Paul's 13-hour stand drew praise from all sides of the political spectrum, the senator also took heat Thursday from some in his own party who claimed he stirred unnecessary fear about the use of drones. The senator "should know better," Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., said, arguing that some of the concerns raised about drone missile attacks on Americans -- like Paul's suggestion that the U.S. could have killed Jane Fonda when she went to North Vietnam -- were "ridiculous." Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., displayed a sign that showed the number of Americans killed in the U.S. by Al Qaeda -- 2,958 -- versus the number killed in the U.S. by drones, which is zero. Paul, though, argued that he was raising concern about how future presidents might use their drone authority. (Fox News)
- Precious Lord, we repent for the lack of unity in in those who desire to strengthen our country as a constitutional republic. We ask You to forgive us and bring correction to the areas where it is needed the most. We speak out that the vision You have for our country will prevail at this time, in the name of Jesus. Thank You, Father, for the peaceable fruit yielded by this filibuster that has given assurance of safety from drone attacks on noncombatants on US soil.
- "But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be entreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy." (James 3:17)
4. JOHN BRENNAN GETS CONFIRMATION; HAS MOST "NO" VOTES IN HISTORY
John Brennan was finally confirmed as the new director of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) by the Senate yesterday, by a vote of 63-34. Brennan's confirmation comes after quite a bit of stalling because of both his and the Obama White House's refusal to answer whether or not they have the authority to use drones to assassinate American citizens on American soil. Following a nearly thirteen hour filibuster by Kentucky Senator Rand Paul on Wednesday, Brennan was confirmed on Thursday.
- God, we pray that those who have been confirmed by any means other than a fair vote shall be weakened and unable to stand. Father, intervene in the actions that will be coming and bind all deceit, lying, ungodly decisions, corruption within the CIA with the power of the Blood of Jesus. Reveal everything that is hidden Lord, that was not Your decision. In the mighty Name of Jesus, we ask, amen.
- "Lo, you trust in the staff of this broken reed, on Egypt (and anyone else that is not godly); whereon if a man lean, it will go into his hand, and pierce it: so is Pharaoh king of Egypt to all that trust in him." (Isaiah 36:6)
5. FEINSTEIN: PTSD VETERANS SHOULD NOT HAVE GUNS
On Thursday Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Patrick Leahy (D-VT) held a full committee meeting to vote on a bipartisan measure that is claimed to curb illegal gun trafficking and purchasing, but is more akin to "thought legislation" for those purchasing firearms. During that meeting, Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) advocated for the removal of veteran's rights to keep and bear arms by stating, "find a way that veterans who are incapacitated for one reason or another mentally don't have access to this kind of weapon."
She then completely lied about the ability of a "bump stock," which she called a "slide stock," claiming that it altered an AR-15 to go from semi-automatic to fully automatic. It does no such thing. The trigger is reset every time the stock "bumps." In fact, you can get the same effect with any semi-automatic firearms by using your thumb and your belt loop. Does the Senator from California want to ban belt loops?
She claims that she is concerned because calls come into her office as if more gun control is "some wild eyed scheme." "It is not," she affirmed, though we all know that is exactly what it is. She appealed not to the Constitution, that document she swore to support and defend, but instead appealed polling data, to emotion and the "majority" of people she claims to have on her side, even from religious groups for more gun control legislation. (Freedom Outpost)
- Father God, we appeal to You to bring correction to the evil maneuvers used by some Congress, both men and women, to push their own biased agenda. We ask that You would make sure that our own Constitutional rights be upheld without debate, and not fall prey to current liberal whim. We look to You, our God, to push back the enemy of our national life that would disenfranchise our wonderful veterans who have sacrificed so much for our country.
- "Do what is right; then if men speak against you, calling you evil names, they will become ashamed of themselves for falsely accusing you when you have only done what is good." (I Peter 3:16) The Living Bible
6. TSA POLICY CHANGES, ALLOWING KNIVES ON BOARD AIRCRAFT
The Transportation Security Administration's decision to allow small pocketknives back into aircraft cabins are being met with outrage by groups representing Federal air Marshals and flight attendants. TSA head John Pistole said that the changes will take effect on April 25 and is designed to bring the United States into alignment with international rules.
Small pocketknives and an array of sporting equipment - banned from aircraft cabins in the wake of the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks - will once again be allowed in U.S. planes, the head of the Transportation Security Administration said Tuesday. Knives with blades that are 2.36 inches (6 centimeters) or shorter and less than a 1/2 inch wide will be permitted on U.S. airline flights as long as the blade is not fixed or does not lock into place. Razor blades and box cutters are still not permitted. (Freedom Outpost)
- In view of a lack of wisdom on the part of the TSA, we ask that divine protection be given passengers and crews as they go about their usual business on airliners. Dear Lord, we ask that the voices of wisdom from the flight attendants and pilots be given priority over the desire to be like other countries when it is not wise to do so. We bind up all evil influences that may have caused this lax ruling to come about to make our airlines more vulnerable to attack.. In Jesus' Name, amen.
- "A discerning man keeps wisdom in view, but a fool's eyes wander to the ends of the earth." (Proverbs 17:24)
7. BILL INTRODUCED TO PROTECT RELIGIOUS FREEDOM IN OBAMACARE
Congressmen Diane Black (R-TN), Jeff Fortenberry (R-NE), and John Fleming, M.D. (R-LA) held a press conference to announce the introduction of the Health Care Conscience Rights Act (HCCRA). This legislation would protect Americans' First Amendment rights and would stop the Obama Administration's assault on religious freedom. HCCRA offers a reprieve from ongoing violations of our First Amendment, including full exemption from the Obama Administration's Health and Human Services (HHS) mandate and conscience protection for individuals and health care entities that refuse to provide, pay for, or refer patients to abortion providers because of their deeply-held, reasoned beliefs. HCCRA has 50 original co-sponsors.
The HCCRA also protects institutions and individuals from forced or coerced participation in abortion. In recent years there have been several examples of nurses being told they must participate in abortions. There have also been efforts to require Catholic Hospitals to do abortions, and a Catholic social service provider was denied a grant to assist victims of human trafficking on the basis of their pro-life convictions. The HCCRA codifies and clarifies the appropriations provision known as the Hyde‐Weldon conscience clause. This is accomplished by adding the protections for health care entities that refuse to provide, pay for, or refer for abortion to the section of the Public Health Service Act known as the Coats Amendment. It also adds the option of judicial recourse for victims whose rights have been violated under the HCCRA, Coats, or the conscience clauses known as the Church amendments. (Office of Rep. Diane Black)
- Father God, may the tears that Jesus sheds in heaven over one baby's life being terminated by the murderous hands of a doctor performing an abortion rest upon the heart of the doctor. May he feel the tremendous weight of the shedding innocent blood of an unborn baby and be brought to his knees in repentance. May he/she be so grief-stricken that they lay down their knife and leave the table of blood forever.
We ask for swift passage of the Health Care Conscience Rights Act (HCCRA) in both houses of Congress, as they, too, feel the weight of this abomination; and we ask that the president yield to the pressure of the Holy Spirit, signing this bill into law. In the Name of Jesus we pray, amen.
- "So God created man in His own image, in the image of God created He him; male and female created He them." (Genesis 1:27)
8. TERROR CASE ON U.S. SOIL FUELS OUTRAGE
A top Al Qaeda spokesman who is the son-in-law of Usama bin Laden has been captured overseas and charged in the United States with conspiracy to kill Americans, according to an indictment unsealed Thursday, sparking Republican criticism that such terrorists don't belong in the civilian judicial system. The capture of Sulaiman Abu Ghaith drew praise from Republican Rep. Peter King of New York, the former chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee, who called it a "very significant victory" in U.S. efforts against Al Qaeda.
But two fellow Republicans, Sens. Lindsey Graham and Kelly Ayotte, said Thursday the Obama administration's decision to bring Abu Ghaith to court in New York is wrong, "sneaky" and against the will of Congress. Graham says Abu Ghaith is clearly an enemy combatant and should have been sent straight to the Guantanamo Bay detainee facility in Cuba for extended questioning. Instead, he is expected to appear Friday morning in a federal court in New York City to face charges.
"The Obama administration's lack of a war-time detention policy for foreign members of al Qaeda, as well as its refusal to detain and interrogate these individuals at Guantanamo, makes our nation less safe," Graham and Ayotte said in a joint written statement. "We are at war with Al Qaeda and its affiliated groups, and America's detention policy must reflect that reality." (Fox News)
- Father God, we ask Your for hand to rest upon our judicial system, that fails to discriminate between an "enemy combatant" and a citizen of our country. We ask that justice be meted out, according to Your law, and that those who are found guilty of harming our people would be brought to justice. We appeal to You, as the Judge of the universe, in Jesus' name, amen.
- "Let the heavens declare His righteousness, For God Himself is Judge." (Psalm 50:6)
9. SENATOR SLAMS MOSLEM BROTHERHOOD
Sen. John Cornyn (R.-TX) condemned Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood on Sunday evening for "trying to create a new Islamic dictatorship" in the Middle East. "The Muslim Brotherhood president in Egypt is trying to create a new Islamic dictatorship," Cornyn said during a speech before thousands of delegates at the American Israel Public Affairs Committee's 2013 policy conference. Cornyn's comments echo the concerns of lawmakers and Middle East observers who view the Muslim Brotherhood's power grab in Egypt with concern. (Washington Free Beacon)
- Offer praise that some in Congress and the Senate see through the smoke and mirrors that are coming out of the Middle East, and instead are seeing the writing on the wall. All of Islam -- whether it be Sunni or Shiite -- has but one goal: to recreate the Caliphate and to bring all nations under its sharia law. Stand tall with those who are standing tall for truth. They need our support in action, and in prayer.
- "But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only . . ." (James 1:22)
10. MOSLEMS VOW: "'WE ARE ABOVE THE LAW OF THE LAND"
A Council on American-Islamic Relations leader told a crowd at a rally for Islam that members of the faith should not be bound by American law. "If we are practicing Muslims, we are above the law of the land," said Mustafa Carroll, executive director of the Dallas-Fort Worth CAIR branch.
The rally in Austin was part of a nationwide effort to hold "Muslim Capitol Day" events.
According to the event website, Muslims from around Texas went to the capitol to "promote civic and political activism throughout the wider Muslim community."
The organizers said one major issue discussed "was the recent House and Senate bill proposals involving the implementation of 'anti-Shariah' legislation, where the First Amendment rights and freedoms of Muslims would ultimately be hindered."
Critics argue Shariah prohibits other faiths from free exercise of religion when enforced, giving freedom only to Muslims. (WorldNetDaily)
- Father, we ask for Your divine intervention in this matter. Father God, we declare that the Moslems' lawlessness will not be tolerated but that they will be held accountable if they do not abide by the law. Bind their lawlessness under the Blood of Jesus and will stop them cold in their tracks. Raise up our law enforcement services all over nation to stand tall and strong in forbidding the breaking the laws of America that we have upheld for centuries. In the holy Name of Jesus we pray, amen.
- "But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully; Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, for whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine." (I Tim 1:9-10)
11. U.S. CANCELS AWARD FOR EGYPTIAN WOMAN, CITING ANTI-SEMITIC REMARKS
According to a press release by the State Department, Secretary John Kerry and Michelle Obama were set to honor Samira Ibrahim today with an "International Women of Courage Award." However, Ibrahim's recent tweets on Twitter have caused the State Department to reevaluate the award and pull out from honoring her.
The Weekly Standard Reports:
Ibrahim claimed yesterday that her Twitter page had been "stolen" and she was not responsible for the hateful comments. Today the State Department announced it was deferring her award pending further review.
Finally, Ibrahim herself has spoken, writing in Arabic on her Twitter page. Egyptian democracy activist Mina Rezkalla provides the translation: "I refuse to apologize to the Zionist lobby in America regarding my previous anti-Zionist statements under pressure from American government therefore they withdrew the award."
This would seem to settle the question as to whether or not her page had been "stolen." Now all that's left is for the State Department to demand that Ibrahim reimburse American taxpayers for her trip to the United States. (Freedom Outpost)
- Lord God, thank you for bringing the State Department into this issue in disallowing this woman to receive an award that was not right for her to receive. Lord, keep all of these issues under the direction of the will of God in heaven, only Your will. We pray the State Department demands that she reimburse American taxpayers for her trip to the United States. In Jesus' Name we pray, amen.
- "Blessings are upon the head of the just: but violence covers the mouth of the wicked." (Proverbs 10:6)
Updates: DOMA, Prop 8 at the Supreme Court
Updates: DOMA, Prop 8 at the Supreme Court
Rev. Pierre Bynum
Chaplain & National Prayer Director
801 G Street, NW, Washington, DC 20001
Phone: 202-393-2100, Fax: 202-393-2134
The call to pray could not be more urgent than it is now. In just over two weeks, the U.S. Supreme Court will decide two of the most important cases in U.S. history.
On March 26th the U.S. Supreme Court will hear arguments in Hollingsworth v. Perry. They will decide whether or not the Equal Protection Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment prohibits the people of the State of California from defining marriage as the* union of a man and a woman, and whether those bring the lawsuit have standing to bring the suit. The Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco, ruled that California's Proposition 8, a 2008 ballot initiative that amended the state constitution to restrict marriage to opposite-sex couples, was unconstitutional.
On March 27th, the Court will hear arguments on the United States v. Windsor, a lawsuit in which the U.S. Second Circuit Court of Appeals affirmed a lower court decision which found Section 3 of the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) unconstitutional, as it defines the term marriage as "a legal union between one man and one woman as husband and wife" and spouse as "a person of the opposite sex who is a husband or a wife." The question is whether Section 3 violates the Fifth Amendment's guarantee of equal protection of the laws as applied to persons of the same sex who are legally married under the laws of their State.
The rulings in these cases could redefine marriage for all America, including the super majority of our states whose citizens have passed constitutional amendments to define marriage as between one man and one woman. If these cases are decided wrongly, the consequences for our nation are unthinkable.
- Join us in praying that the United States Supreme Court will vote to defend the constitutionality of both Proposition 8 (to be heard on Tuesday, March 26) and of DOMA (to be heard on Wednesday, March 27). Continue in prayer, not only during these hearings, but over the next three months until the cases have been decided and the decisions announced the last week of June. Pray without ceasing! PRAY!
- "What God hath joined together, let no man rend asunder." (Matthew 19:6)
This Week, Worship Our Lord As . . .
This Week, Worship Our Lord As . . .
LORD, GOD OF OUR FATHERS
(Adoni Ehlohay Ahvotaynu)
"Blessed be the Lord God of our fathers, who has put such a thing as this in the king's heart, to beautify the house of the Lord which is in Jerusalem, and has extended mercy to me before the king and his counselors, and before all the king's mighty princes." (Ezra 7:27,28)
From generation to generation, You reign supreme over all the earth. What a comfort it is to know that You are the same God. From Abraham to Moses to David -- the patriarchs and I have the same Lord. How blessed I am!
"Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever; wisdom and power are his." (Daniel 2:20)
( Source: THE NAME- HaShem: Daily Devotional Worship by Dr. Barri Cae Mallin)
Available on Amazon.com by going here: