Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief Wednesday, March 27, 2013
"So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate." (Matthew 19:6)
Guidelines for today's American Prayer Initiative can be found by going here.
Today's Daily Jot can be found by going to: www.dailyjot.com or by using
The Daily Brief
1. Gay-marriage questions offer few clues to Supreme Court's direction - Washington Times
Despite a lively question-and-answer session for the first of this week's two historic gay marriage cases, the nine Supreme Court justices on Tuesday offered no clear clues on whether they will back traditional marriage or affirm the right to same-sex unions -- or just kick the judicial can down the road.
- Father, we ask that all the God-ordained precepts of basic family life be secured by the nine Supreme Court justices so that babies born into the traditional home of male husband and female wife continues to cohabit the earth. Bind and obliterate all abnormalities and depravity of same sex marriages by the precious Blood of Jesus. In His Name we pray.
- "And the rib, which the Lord God had taken from man, made He a woman, and brought her unto the man. And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man. Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh." (Genesis 2:22-24)
2. Obama signs bill to avoid federal government shutdown - Washington Times
Without fanfare, President Obama signed a law Tuesday that will keep the federal government running through Sept. 30 and locks into place the "sequestration" budget cuts.
- Father God, as You look down from heaven you see all the manipulative moves that are being made toward a predetermined destructive end for our government. We pray the perfect will of God be accomplished and the sequestration budget cuts be under the watchful eyes of the Lord. Hold back the enemies of our government that they fail and come up short of fulfilling their evil plans. In Jesus' Name.
- "Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the Lord our God. They are brought down and fallen: but we are risen, and stand upright." (Psalm 20:7-8)
3. Factory and housing data supports growth picture - Reuters
Orders for long-lasting U.S.-made goods surged last month and home prices posted their biggest year-on-year gain in six and a half years in January, the latest signs the U.S. economy regained momentum early in the first quarter.
- Father, we thank You for the encouragement shown in the U.S. economy gaining momentum. Praise the Lord for this. May your hand be over our economy to guide and direct in perfect wisdom. In Jesus' Name.
- "Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting get understanding." (Proverbs 4:7)
4. Cyprus bail-out: savers will be raided to save euro in future crises, says eurozone chief - UK Telegraph
Savings accounts in Spain, Italy and other European countries will be raided if needed to preserve Europe's single currency by propping up failing banks, a senior eurozone official has announced.
- Father, withhold the governments in the European countries from reaching into savings accounts and stealing whatever they want. God, let it not come to that. May the people repent of sin, turn to the God of heaven, and pray for Almighty God's intervention, You will look upon their distress and save them. Today is the day of salvation, if you pray and repent. In Jesus' Name.
- "If my people, which are called by My Name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." (II Chronicles 7:14)
5. US intelligence training Syrian rebels in Jordan - Times of Israel
The United States is training secular Syrian fighters in Jordan in a bid to bolster forces battling President Bashar Assad's regime and stem the influence of Islamist radicals among the country's persistently splintered opposition, U.S. and foreign officials said.
- God, thank You Father for the integrity of the United States military to reach out to nations all over the world to help and train their people to become strong in their defense against their enemies. You are the mighty God over this assignment to defeat the evil regime in Syria. Deal with the hardness of Pres. Assad's heart and give him a heart of flesh and not a heart of stone. Change him, turn him away from following ungodliness and save his soul through the Blood of Jesus. In His Name we pray.
- "He opened also their ear to discipline, and commanded that they return from iniquity. If they obey and serve God, they shall spend their days in prosperity, and their years in pleasures." (Job 36:10-11)
6. North Korea orders artillery to be combat ready, targeting U.S. bases - Reuters
North Korea said on Tuesday its strategic rocket and long-range artillery units have been ordered to be combat ready, targeting U.S. military bases on Guam, Hawaii and mainland America after U.S. bombers flew sorties threatening the North.
- Father God, we ask You to dismantle North Korea's rocket and long-range artillery units so that they be disgorged and fizzle out on the ground, never to be airborne. Break the powers of hell off the ruler of North Korea by the power of the Blood of Jesus and cause him to fall from power and dominance over this country. Almighty God, release the captives by Your great Word, cut through the bars of steel to deliver the people, open up to the world the internal stifling existence the millions suffer all their lives, and let none of these cruelties be hidden anymore. In the Name of Jesus.
- "But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. Then when lust has conceived, it brings forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, brings forth death." (James 1:14-15)
7. BREAKING: The heartbeat bill: North Dakota passes America's strictest abortion law - Telegraph.co.uk
An American state has passed the country's strictest abortion law, ruling that no fetus may be terminated once a heartbeat has been detected in a move that sets up a legal challenge to the landmark "Roe v Wade" Supreme Court decision . . . The-so called "heartbeat" bill, which was signed into law by . . . North Dakota's governor Jack Dalrymple on Tuesday, bans abortion from as early as six weeks, and make no exceptions for rape or genetic abnormalities. (Read more)
- Great and mighty is the Lord our God over North Dakota who without fear of man or threats, made the strictest abortion law in the United States of America. God, we pray You cast down the "Roe v. Wade" Supreme Court decision and beat it into small pieces that it can never be an issue again. Suck the breath out of that horrible decision. We praise God for Governor Jack Dalrymple and the evident steel in his backbone to stand tall and strong. God is behind him. God bless you, Governor. In Jesus' Name.
- "My mouth will speak in praise of the LORD. Let every creature praise his holy name for ever and ever." (Psalm 145:21)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
Now rescue your beloved people. Answer and save us by your power. (Psalm 108:6)
1.Abbas accuses Israel of 'destructive' J'lem plan - Jerusalem Post
Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas on Tuesday accused Israel of carrying out a "destructive" plan against Jerusalem and urged the Arab and Islamic countries to work toward preventing it from implementing its scheme.
2. Arab League approves $1b plan to protect 'Islamic and Arab character' of East Jlem - Ha'aretz
The Arab League on Tuesday approved a Qatari proposal to set up a $1 billion fund for Arab East Jerusalem, which Palestinians want as the capital of an independent state under any peace deal with Israel.
The Persecuted Church
Today's Focus: The Persecuted Church
"But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you." (Psalm 5:11)
1. Mob Violence Against Christian in Sri Lanka is Spreading - lanka business online
Mob violence in Sri Lanka against Muslims and Christians and emerging attacks and humiliation of Muslim girls for their dress by Buddhist nationalists, was spreading fear among minorities, Friday Forum, a citizens group said.
"The failure of the police to act swiftly and effectively in enforcing the law has encouraged individuals and groups of people to take the law into their own hands," the Friday Forum said.
"The environment of impunity has provided opportunities for gang and mob violence and caused a growing sense of fear and personal insecurity."
2. Islamic Extremist Threaten Violence Against Christians over Easter Holiday - Mission Network News
A sudden spike in violence targeting Christians in Tanzania has finally given way to a threat.
Todd Nettleton, a spokesman for the Voice of the Martyrs USA, explains, "There have been threats made regarding Easter. That is one concern."
Another threat is a recent propaganda campaign. "There are leaflets, apparently, being circulated saying that Christians should respond with violence, and they should come back and attack the Muslims in retaliation for these attacks that have happened on Christians. So there really is the potential for a lot of upheaval this Holy week, as we head into Easter Sunday."
3. Christian Leader in Nigeria Calls on Followers to Pray for Persecutors - allAfrica
Abuja - Ven. Shola Igbari, an Anglican cleric, has appealed to Christians to maintain peace with their neighbours during the Holy Week this came also as Rev. Fr. Henry Kwasu, another Abuja-based priest, advised Nigerians to cultivate the habit of forgiving and praying in line with the teachings of Jesus Christ.
Igbari, on Sunday, in Abuja said that the holy week was a "time for prayer, penance, reflection and spiritual works".
The holy week, the last week of Lent in the orthodox Christian calendar, begins with the Palm Sunday celebration, culminating with Easter Eve or Holy Saturday.
Igbari enjoined Christians to pray fervently for peace and security in Nigeria following the recent wave of terrorist killings in some parts of the country.
For more news about the Persecuted Church, and how you can be more involved in intercession for these precious saints, go here.
Pray for the Supreme Court
Supreme Court Marriage Hearings Prayer Guide:
To read this guide, go here.
(Published by the Reformation Prayer Network)
The Daily Jot
Staying focused in the trying times ahead
The US Supreme Court is making a mockery out of marriage. Irrespective of its decision, just the questions being asked and the answers being given are ridiculous. The term "marriage" has a definition that is been the same since the earliest recordings of civilization and YHVH God creating man and woman and giving the laws to His people. Any change in definition is changing the word and its meaning. The European Union is confiscating money from personal bank accounts to pay debt. That same practice may make its way to America. The federal government through the Federal Reserve is propping up the stock market with $85 Billion a month. What will happen when that stops?
The Department of Homeland Security is buying bullets and armored vehicles for local deployment. When the Fed stops propping up the market, the economy will likely collapse. Inflation will be high, jobs will be few, food will be costly and scarce, hungry people will be angry. Stripping the American citizen of the institution of marriage creates a deep psychological conflict as marriage is the basis of society. Creating massive insurmountable debt and expecting hard working Americans to pay up through taxes or outright confiscation, leaves the citizenry without means. Banning weapons and putting foreboding, well-armed vehicles in the streets makes the citizenry seemingly defenseless.
All the government actions of late point to a huge shift ahead for America. Our lives could be forever changed because we seem unable or unwilling to stand up and fight this leviathan. So many ask what to do. At some point if this keeps going on, you will be forced to decide what to do. But the longer it takes to resist this juggernaut of a takeover of America and a destruction of our Republic, the more suffering on the horizon. How do we as Christians handle this? People will be looking for answers. They will need hope. Aside from being a good citizen of the original American Revolution, you must be above all a good citizen of the Kingdom of God. We must convey the gift of hope and salvation.
2 Corinthians 4:8-11 says, "We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; Persecuted, but not forsaken, cast down, but not destroyed; Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body." Verse 6 says, "For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ." I also love 1 Peter 2:9, "But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who has called you out of darkness into his marvelous light." May we be such.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
SURGERY WITHOUT SCARS OR SCALPELS
The doctor can monitor and communicate with the patient and adjust treatment during the procedure. Surgery without scalpels and scars? It's not science fiction. Israel's InSightec is in the midst of transforming the operating room with its ExAblate MRI-guided high-intensity ultrasound technology. The ExAblate O.R. system uses interchangeable "cradles" set on a regular MRI treatment table. The tool allows doctors to destroy targets, such as tumors and uterine fibroid cysts, deep inside the body without incisions. The alert patient is monitored in real time, and changes in treatment parameters can be made instantly.
ExAblate O.R. is already being used in several countries, including Europe and the United States, to treat uterine fibroids and pain caused by bone cancer. More than 9,000 patients in the United States, Europe and Asia have been able to avoid surgery as the Israeli technology has successfully destroyed fibroids through ultrasound.
Meanwhile, InSightec's related product, ExAblate Neuro, recently received the CE Mark in Europe for the treatment of three common neurological disorders: essential tremor, neuropathic pain and Parkinson's disease tremors.
In the United States, the system is undergoing FDA-approved safety and effectiveness trials in these three areas. Using focused ultrasound in the brain is revolutionary because it gets past the blood-brain barrier as drugs cannot. As opposed to surgery and ionizing radiation, two current alternatives to treat these conditions, ExAblate Neuro leaves the patient's skull intact and is entirely non-invasive.
Source (By Abigail Klein Leichman, israel21C.org, March 19, 2013) [Reported by BFP: Bridges for Peace] Read more.
- Thank God for Israel's advances in medicine. Pray that this new technology will benefit the world.
- "The Lord will command the blessing on you in your storehouses and in all to which you set your hand, and He will bless you in the land which the Lord your God is giving you." (Deuteronomy 28:8)
Pray for the Harvest!
Pray for the Harvest!
"Do you not say, 'Four months more and then the harvest'? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest." (John 4:35)
Every day, in every nation on earth, tens of thousands of men and women are making decisions for Christ. Now, you can monitor this amazing fact online by literally "watching" as these souls are born again into the Kingdom.
Of course, the identities of those who are coming to the Lord are never revealed, but our God knows who they are!
Join us as we monitor these "names" daily, praying over each one to be mentored and to grow in his or her faith . . . even in these perilous times. You may visit either or both of the sites below, to pray for fields that are ripe for harvest.
> > > OPTION ONE: AboutJesus.net
> > > OPTION TWO: The Great Commission Map!
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
Bring The Rain
by Mercy Me
I can count a million times
People asking me how I
Can praise You with all that I've gone through
The question just amazes me
Can circumstances possibly
Change who I forever am in You