Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"Partners in Prayer for Our Nation"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief Tuesday, December 4, 2012
"Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision! For the day of the LORD is near in the valley of decision.The sun and moon will be darkened, and the stars no longer shine. The LORD will roar from Zion and thunder from Jerusalem; the earth and the heavens will tremble. But the LORD will be a refuge for his people, a stronghold for the people of Israel." (Joel 3:14-16)
The Daily Brief
1. Syria Moves Its Chemical Weapons
U.S. and Allies Cautiously Take Note - NY Times
The Syrian military's movement of chemical weapons in recent days has prompted the United States and several allies to repeat their warning to President Bashar al-Assad that he would be "held accountable" if his forces used the weapons against the rebels fighting his government.
- Lord, we pray that Syria and the United States realize that You, Lord, are the only hope and turn to You for their protection. We pray these chemical weapons not be used. We pray for godly wisdom for leaders dealing with this problem. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.
- "No king is saved by the multitude of an army; a mighty man is not delivered by great strength. A horse is a vain hope for safety; Neither shall it deliver any by its great strength. Behold, the eye of the Lord is on those who fear Him, On those who hope in His mercy, to deliver their soul from death, and to keep them alive in famine." (Psalm 33:16-19)
2. Iran: If attacked by Israel, we'll target U.S. - CBS News
A senior commander in Iran's powerful Revolutionary Guard warned that Iran will target U.S. bases in the region in the event of war with Israel, raising the prospect of a broader conflict that would force other countries to get involved, Iranian state television reported Sunday.
- Lord, we are asking for Your protection of Israel and the United States. We pray for the leaders of all three countries that they will make right decisions. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.
- He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty, I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust." (Psalm 91:1-2)
3. Egyptians fear decades of Muslim Brotherhood rule, warn Morsi is no friend to US - NBC News
Opponents of the Muslim Brotherhood say they've stolen the revolution and is railroading though a constitution that could lock in Muslim Brotherhood rule for 50 years, bringing more Islamic law. They cry -- not against Islam -- but that an extremist interpretation is being forced down their throats by a president who critics say is acting every part the tyrant.
- Lord, we pray for the continued exposure the false religion of Islam. We bind the spirit of fear that would block believers from speaking the truth about Islam.
We pray people will have the courage to share the Light and Love of Jesus Christ with the Moslem people. We pray for those who will come to see the Light of Jesus and come out of the darkness of Islam. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.
- "But all things that are exposed are made manifest by the light, for whatever makes manifes is light. Therefore He says: Awake you who sleep, arise from the dead, and Christ will give you light." (Ephesians 5:13-14)
4. Obama Slaps States That Don't Comply With Obamacare - NewsMax
Residents of states that refuse to set up health insurance exchanges under Obamacare are set to be hit with higher premiums under new rules announced by the Health and Human Services Department.
- Lord, have mercy on the states that are taking a stand and help them we pray. Be with the Governors of the states and help them make the right decisions. We also pray that the threats now being uttered from the federal government, enforcing compliance of unwanted mandates in the health care law, be stopped. In the name of Jesus. Amen.
- "He who speaks truth declares righteousness, but a false witness deceit. There is one who speaks with the piercings of a sword, but the tongue of the wise promotes health." (Proverbs 12:18-19)
5. Sen. Graham: 'We're going over the cliff' - The Hill
Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) on Sunday expressed pessimism over talks to reach a deficit-reduction deal, saying the he believes the nation is "going over the cliff."
- Lord, we pray for Lindsey Graham and our other leaders, that they will deal righteously and be a delight to You and to us. We stand in the gap for those who are viewing this crisis from the viewpoint of a man; and we thank You that Your Word does not fail and that it is written that all things are possible with You! We unite tonight in calling forth the answer from Heaven to this fiscal crisis -- that instead it become an opportunity to praise You, once again, as our King and our Provider. In Your Name, we pray. Amen.
"No grave trouble will overtake the righteous, but the wicked shall be filled with evil. Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord, but those who deal truthfully are His delight." (Proverbs 12:21-22)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"YHWH brings the counsel of the nations to nothing; He breaks the plots of the people. The counsel of YHWH stands forever, the thoughts of His heart to all generations." (Psalms 33:10-1)
1. If Iran tries to attack, Israel will reportedly target its missiles before they get off the ground - Times of Israel
In the event that Iran attempts to fire missiles at Israel, Jerusalem will deploy giant drones stationed in neighboring Azerbaijan to destroy the missiles before they leave the ground, the London-based Sunday Times reported.
2. Netanyahu refuses to rescind settlement decision - Jerusalem Post
Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu pushed back on Monday against intense international pressure to reconsider plans for building 3,000 housing units in east Jerusalem and the West Bank and stepping up the planning of the controversial E1 site, saying no one should expect Israel to sit on its hands in light of Palestinian unilateral steps at the UN.
3. School of prophets opens in Tel Aviv - Ynet News
In biblical times they could be found on every street corner, preaching God's word to sinners in a rumbling voice and shining eyes. A new course opening this week aims to restore passed glory and train the next generations of Jewish prophets -- for the first time since the days of the Second Temple.
4. Israel Asked Jordan for Approval to Bomb Syrian WMD Sites - The Atlantic
Anxiety is increasing about the prospect of a desperate Bashar al-Assad using chemical weapons against his rapidly proliferating enemies. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton warned Assad that such chemical weapons use would cross a U.S. red line: "I'm not going to telegraph in any specifics what we would do in the event of credible evidence that the Assad regime has resorted to using chemical weapons against their own people. But suffice to say we are certainly planning to take action."
5. Obama administration chides Israel over settlement construction plans - Fox News
The Obama administration chided Israel Monday over its push for new settlement construction in territories the Palestinians claim for a future state, using particularly tough language in urging its top Mideast ally to "reconsider."
6. Hamas tells Fatah: Let's fight Israel together - Jerusalem Post
Hamas leader Mahmoud Zahar on Monday called on Fatah to join his movement in the fight against Israel and to stop wasting time and effort with the peace process.
The Daily Jot
How much can you take?
There are many who say that because the United States has abandoned God, we are in judgment and there is nothing we can do about it. We must just accept the fact and deal with it. That is a problem. YHVH is merciful and righteous. His judgment is commensurate with the deed. In reality, most of the time, the consequences of bad decisions may seem like judgment, but they are just the result of what happens when you do not follow Godly principles. Notwithstanding, the Lord allows harsh consequences or judges a nation to get people's attention; to bring them back into righteous standing. In the end, it is the action of the people, whether they submit to YHVH, as to how long they are experiencing the difficulties.
Part of the problem with the 21st century Christian is that his self indulgence does not permit him to discern what is upon him or to take decisive action to change it. How many times have you heard someone respond to the difficult times we are facing by saying "God is in charge...God is still on the throne...God loves me...God takes care of his people..." and so on? Many will say that we have fallen so far away from YHVH that we are getting what we deserve, so "let's not get in the way of what God is doing." In other words, accept it and get on with your life. Let's not miss the point: YHVH is wanting us to step up and change. He doesn't want us to do nothing. He is trying to get our attention. He wants us to repent individually and collectively.
When I see these "Fiscal Cliff" negotiations taking place where our leaders do not want to cut government to live within its means, but only want to raise taxes, I think "How much can you take?" When I see the Muslim Brotherhood do exactly what was predicted a year ago by taking full dictatorial power in Egypt, I think, "How much can you take?" Did you know that Deutsch Bank estimated that every penny increase in gasoline prices has the impact of a billion dollar tax hike on every American household? Did you know that since the Occupant of the Oval Office announced his "New Beginning" foreign policy speech in June 2009 that gas at the pump has risen 82 cents? That's the result of destabilizing the Middle East.
Fact is, the consequences of our leaders of wanting to grow government to the point it suffocates its people under the burden of taxes; to recklessly disrupt the world economy to help terrorists take over nations; and spend money we don't have, are coming home to roost on your shoulders. We need revival in this country. True revival of the Christian faith--a revival of those of us who believe. YHVH is trying to get our attention. As He said in Ezekiel 22:30, "And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none." Repentance is the foundation of revival. We need to repent. We need to call others to repent. We need to demand accountability. We need to act on YHVH's invitation. So How Much Are You Going To Take?
Have A Blessed And Powerful Day,
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner
Christmas Tree Lighting on Capitol Hill!
Join us today at 5:00 p.m. as we celebrate the lighting of the Capitol Christmas Tree on the West Lawn of the Capitol Building.
This event is open to the public, and is attended by a number of members of Congress and the Senate. Many will make remarks honoring the meaning of the season, as this beautiful tree is being lit.
We praise the Lord tonight that Christmas is ALIVE on Capitol Hill! Amen!!
Worship with Us Today!
Worship with Us Today!
Prince of Peace