Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"Partners in Prayer for Our Nation"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief Thursday, December 13, 2012
"This people that I formed for Myself; they shall declare My praise."
The Daily Brief
1. South Korea says North Korea rocket appears to be orbiting Earth, as North releases photos of its feat-Fox news
South Korea said Thursday a rocket successfully launched into orbit by North Korea appears to be orbiting the Earth normally, but the country says it does not know whether the rocket is functioning properly.
South Korean Defense Ministry spokesman Kim Min-seok told reporters that the satellite is orbiting at a speed of 4.7 miles per second but it's not known what mission it is performing. He says it takes two weeks to determine whether a satellite works successfully after liftoff.
- Father, we pray Your protection over all western nations as this satellite flies above us. We bind up any plans of North Korea to disrupt, attack, or create havoc in the Name of Jesus.
- "his wicked device - should return upon his own head" [Esther 9:25]
2. North Korea defies warnings in rocket launch success - BBC
North Korea has successfully launched a long-range rocket, defying international warnings.
- Lord, we take authority over lies, deceptions, and all plans of the enemy in this situation with North Korea. We invoke the Lordship of Jesus Christ over the launching of this missile, and pray that Your protection will cover the nations and the land.
- "You shall not be afraid of the terror by night, nor of the arrow that flies by day" [Psalm 91:5]
3. a) Assad's Forces Fire Scud Missiles at Rebels- Israel International News
The move represents a significant escalation in the fighting, which has already killed more than 40,000 civilians in a nearly two-year-old conflict and suggests increased desperation on the part of the Assad government, the report said.
b). 'Syria's chemical weapons are ready for use' - Jerusalem Post
Syria's chemical weapons could be used at "a moment's notice" and the international community should not accept any assurances from Syrian officials that they will not be used, US House Intelligence Committee Chairman Mike Rogers said on Wednesday.
- Lord, we bind this spirit of murder present in the current leadership of Syria, and pray for Your Holy Spirit to remove this evil leader from power. We also pray that whatever group takes over will be favorable to western influence and ideas.
- "As for his father, because he cruelly oppressed, spoiled his brother by violence, and did that which is not good among his people, lo, even he shall die in his iniquity." [Ezekiel 18:18]
4. U.S. Terrorism Agency to Tap a Vast Database of Citizens - Wall Street Journal
Top U.S. intelligence officials gathered in the White House Situation Room in March to debate a controversial proposal. Counterterrorism officials wanted to create a government dragnet, sweeping up millions of records about U.S. citizens -- even people suspected of no crime.
- Father, we pray for Your sovereign intervention against this plan to violate the privacy of ordinary citizens.
- "Thus they provoked Him to anger with their deeds" [Psalm 106:29]
5. 526,421 family farms threatened by new death tax - Washington Examiner
New legislation that jumps the death tax to 55 percent of estates exceeding $1 million threatens 526,421 family farms, of about 25 percent of all farms in America, according to a Senate analysis.
- Lord, You alone know the hard work and commitment our family farmers have given over the centuries. We pray for Your mercy over them, and ask protection from this horrifically high taxation.
- "But he taxed the land to give the money according to the commandment of Pharaoh - and he did that which was evil in the sight of the Lord" [2 Kings 23:35,37]
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"But his bow remained steady, his strong arms stayed limber, because of the hand of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel, because of your father's God, who helps you . . . " (Genesis 49:24, 25a)
1. Congress seeks to double US funding of anti-missile cooperation with Israel - Times of Israel
Congress wants to at least double the Obama administration's funding request for anti-missile cooperation with Israel.
2. Four EU states reportedly tried to foil condemnation of Mashaal hate speech - Times of Israel
Four European Union member states reportedly opposed an official condemnation of Hamas leader Khaled Mashaal's incitement-filled speech last weekend, leading to harsh responses from Israeli leaders that Europe was being one-sided.
3. Report: Israel operating spy bases in Eritrea - Israel Hayom
Israel is operating an intelligence gathering base in the East African nation of Eritrea to monitor Iran's activities in the Red Sea, the Stratfor Global Intelligence company revealed Tuesday.
The Daily Jot
The destruction of America and questions from the heart
The occupant of the Oval Office has indicated that the US is going to help arm the Syrian rebels. The Syrian rebels have pledged their allegiance to al Qaeda--the same terrorists who are killing America's sons and daughters in Afghanistan and Iraq; the same terrorists who, after this president supported them and the Muslim Brotherhood in taking over Libya, killed our Ambassador and three other brave American young men. At the same time, both the occupant and the leaders of Congress are considering raising your taxes and expanding the size of the government (which now employs over 50% of the US workforce). Has it occurred to anyone that the entire government of the US is complicit in destroying our nation?
Your tax dollars are feeding a juggernaut of what would be defined in Biblical terms as evil. And unlike Biblical times when God-fearing people had no say, we as American citizens do have a say as Constitutionally the government is subject to the consent of the people. And unlike the people of the Bible who had no say but followed YHVH God instead of man and acted boldly even when it meant certain death, we as American citizens complain but do effective little to hold these evildoers accountable. Yet many will write me and say, "I pray, I write letters, I make phone calls, I, I, I...how dare you consider me part of those who do nothing. Retract what you say."
As is written in 1 Peter 4:17, "For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of YHVH: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of YHVH?" In 2 Peter, the Apostle discussed these very types of uttering whether by prayer or by word spoken in verses 1:20-2:3, "Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of YHVH spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost. But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction...And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you."
I know this is a hard word, but I must give it. With all the praying done to destroy principalities and establish kingdom dominion, why do you think things are getting worse instead of better? Could it be that prayers are amiss? Could it be that all the wailing, rocking, travailing is focused on something other than what YHVH would want? Could it be that many people have been duped by false teachers and false prophets and false apostles into believing their interpretation of scriptures rather than what is actually the inspired word of YHVH? Could it be that many words and prophecies coming to peoples' minds are not from the Holy Spirit, but from a spirit not so holy? Have we been made merchandise by the covetous? Could it be that we need to personally ground ourselves in the actual word of YHVH and get back to the ancient path?
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner
Feisty Seniors Win Christmas Tree Battle
Teresa Neumann-Commentary (Dec 11, 2012)
Not only did the seniors not back down on the unconstitutional demand, but they said if someone tries to stop them from singing Christmas carols, they'll fight that too.
(Newhall, CA)-Don't mess with our rights. That's the message senior residents at the Willows Apartment Complex have established after fighting to keep a Christmas tree in the apartments' community room following a brouhaha from management who had originally ordered them to take the tree down because it was a "religious symbol."
According to a Daily News report, it was JB Partners Group, Inc., managers of the complex, who sent out an order saying the tree could stay. That, after being bombarded with countless phone calls and e-mails.
California Congressman Buck McKeon had even weighed in on the fiasco, saying, "This is an absolute outrage and another example of a sad, sad trend I see happening in America today - These residents pay rent to a private entity and should have the freedom to practice the holiday traditions of their choice."
Looks like when it comes to spunk, determination, and standing up to bullies, we have a lot to learn from our senior citizens.
Worship with Us Today!
Worship with Us Today!
Make my life Your temple
Lord at this season start
To pull down every idol I have raised up in my heart