• The Daily Brief
• The Middle East in Focus
• The Daily Jot!
• A Message from Speaker Boehner
• The Good News Corner
• Worship with Us Today!
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"Partners in Prayer for Our Nation"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief - Wednesday, July 4, 2012
"But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer." (1 Peter 4:7)
WE WANT TO THANK ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR HUGE RESPONSE TO OUR CALL FOR EMERGENCY PRAYER FOR OUR NATION. TODAY IS DAY ONE OF OUR SEVEN-DAY INITIATIVE. WE STAND WITH YOU ALL TODAY AS TOGETHER WE CRY OUT TO OUR MOST HOLY GOD TO SHOW US HIS MERCY IN THE MIDST OF HIS JUDGMENT. IN JESUS' NAME, AMEN.
The Daily Brief
1. America Readies for Independence Day Celebrations - Voice of America
From the far reaches of Alaska to the Gulf coast, Americans on Wednesday will celebrate Independence Day - the 236th anniversary of the Declaration of Independence from British rule.
Tens of millions of small-town Americans and city dwellers alike will line parade routes, watch fireworks, attend picnics, concerts and family gatherings. In Washington, hundreds of thousands of spectators will pack the National Mall for a nationally televised concert and a massive display of fireworks.
- Father, we continue to thank You for giving our forefathers the boldness to strike out and to form this new nation: One Nation Under God. Thank You, Lord. In Your name, amen.
- "In everything give thanks . . ." (I Thess. 5:17)
2. Officials say Iranians in Kenya planned attacks on Israeli, US, UK, Saudi targets - Edmonton Journal
Two Iranians who led authorities to a cache of explosives after their arrest planned to attack Israeli, U.S., British or Saudi targets inside Kenya, officials told The Associated Press on Monday. The two are believed to be members of Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps Quds Force, an elite and secretive unit that acts against foreign interests, one of the officials said. "The international community needs to fight the world's greatest exporter of terror," said a statement from Netanyahu's office.
- Lord, we pray that Your people will rise up to an increased degree of spiritual warfare to fight the greatest exporter of terror; that being Satan and his army of people. We pray for Netanyahu and the people of Israel, that they would join their Messiah's spiritual army. We do pray for guidance in the natural and increased exposure of these terrorist groups like Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps. We pray for a confounding of that group's plans. Thank you, Lord, that these two were captured. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.
- For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ, and being ready to punish all disobedience when your obedience is fulfilled.(2 Corinthians 10:3-6)
3. NATO calls for 'political solution' in Syria - AFP
NATO chief Anders Fogh Rasmussen on Monday called on the international community to enforce a political solution in Syria while reiterating there would be no military intervention. "The right response to this crisis remains a political response. And a concerted response by the international community against a regime that has lost all humanity and all legitimacy,' Rassmusen told a news conference. Welcoming the weekend meeting of the Action Group on Syria in Geneva, the alliance head said "the international community has a duty to put an end" to the conflict "and to do it now".
- Lord, we pray for wisdom for leaders making decisions and the right response to the problems in Syria. We pray for the Action group and the international community trying to solve the Syria situations. Lord, we thank You for abundant mercy. Let the power of our Lord be great in this whole situation and this area of the world. We also ask for mercy and pardon for the iniquities of the people. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.
- And now, I pray, let the power of my Lord be great, just as You have spoken, saying, "The Lord is longsuffering and abundant in mercy, forgiving iniquity and transgression; but He by no means clears the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generation. Pardon the iniquity of this people, I pray, according to the greatness of Your mercy. (Numbers 14:17-19)
4. Earthquake swarm strikes Baja, California as tension builds along the fault - The Extinction Protocol
;An intense earthquake swarm has erupted around Baja, California following the stress eruption of shallow twin 4.6 and 4.7 magnitude earthquakes. The two earthquakes have produced about 16 notable aftershock tremors.
- Lord, we know that You have ultimate control of everything, including the winds, the sea, and earthquakes. We also know You are shaking what can be shaken in this world. Lord, we pray over these earthquakes, that they be used to shake the people awake to faith in You. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.
- But He said to them, "Why are you fearful, O you of little faith?" Then He arose and rebuked the winds and the sea, and there was a great calm. (Matthew 8:26)
5. Russian finger may have pushed the button to down Turkish jet - Hurriet Daily News
Middle Eastern sources said it would not be surprising to discover Russia's involvement in the incident, claiming it might have been a direct message to NATO. Russia may be aiming to underline that Syria was a case unlike Libya, and there would be a price to pay for any attempts to impose a no-fly zone, the unnamed sources further said.
- Lord, we pray for accurate and righteous knowledge for all those dealing with the downing of the Turkish jet. We pray that those who are in fear will call on You. We also pray for the families of those killed in the Turkish jet incident, that the Holy Spirit Comforter would minister to them in their time of need. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.
- Have all the workers of iniquity no knowledge, who eat up my people as they eat bread, and do not call on the Lord? There they are in great fear, for God is with the generation of the righteous. (Psalm 14:4-5)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"There is a river whose streams shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacle of the Most High. God is in the midst of her, she shall not be moved . . ." (Psalm 46:4,5)
1. PA arrests 150 in W. Bank's largest-ever crackdown - Jerusalem Post
An ongoing Palestinian Authority crackdown on crime and corruption in the West Bank, including the arrest of senior security officers, is being viewed in Israel as a milestone for the PA as it imposes its rule and authority throughout the territory.
2. Israel, US joint military drill set for autumn - Times of Israel
The top U.S. military officer says the U.S. and Israel will hold a major missile defense exercise in October.
3. Arab MKs: Service for all is declaration of war - Ynet News
Arab Knesset members are outraged over Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's decision require Israeli Arabs to perform military or national service as part of the Plesner Committee debates.
4. Ancient synagogue and mosaic unearthed in Galilee - Times of Israel
The remains of an ancient synagogue with a striking mosaic floor have been uncovered in northern Israel, the Israel Antiquities Authority said Monday.
5. IAF strikes Hezbollah target in Lebanese territory - Jerusalem Post
The Israel Air Force bombed an intelligence-gathering device in southern Lebanon on Monday, according to Lebanese media reports.
The Daily Jot!
A reminder of our struggle: thinking the unthinkable
As we approach the day of our Independence from Britain, it may be helpful to be reminded of the sufferance of the Founding Fathers and what was going through their minds as they decided to take on the most powerful political and military force on the planet. They said, "A Prince whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people." What happens when that "Prince" collectively becomes the Supreme Court, the Congress and the Executive Branch working in concert with one another toward a world order foreign and detrimental to the people they are charged with representing and to the Constitution they vowed to uphold? What are citizens to do?
The Declaration of Independence is a masterful document that served as the true "preamble" to our Constitution. It begins by saying: "When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
"--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed.
"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.--Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government." The signatures of 56 men were written on the Declaration after this sentence: "And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."
In other words, they risked everything. They counted the cost. They understood the will of YHVH. They acted. This Independence Day, please take time to remind yourself and others about the sufferance of those who made such a pledge on their Lives, Fortunes, and sacred Honor. Please contemplate our national condition. Please seek YHVH. For as Peter and the disciples said in Acts 5:29, "We ought to obey YHVH rather than men." And recall the words of James 1:25, "But whoso looks into the perfect law of liberty, and continues therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed." The body without spirit is dead, faith without works is also dead. Please consider your destiny.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
A Message from Speaker Boehner
Speaker Boehner's Independence Day Tribute: "Here's to the Spirit of '76"
House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH), in a message recorded in the Rotunda of the United States Capitol, marks the Fourth of July by paying tribute to the Declaration of Independence, the brave patriots who conceived it, and the sacrifices that have been made to preserve freedom and liberty:
"If you're like me, when you enter the Capitol Rotunda, your eyes are drawn to Trumbull's depiction of the Declaration of Independence. And why not? It's humbling to stop and think about how it all began.
"Though hard to imagine now, America was once the little guy. We had no grand Capitol, no booming commerce, no one flag or currency of our own. Our army, if you could call it that, was a rag-tag bunch of farmers and shopkeepers who wore homemade uniforms. We were nothing more than the subjects of a ruler an ocean away.
"But percolating in the hearts and minds of our forefathers was a radical idea, never before tried . . . that individuals could, given freedom and liberty, govern themselves and live out their God-given potential. These principles, once put to parchment, landed with seismic force and changed the course of human events.
"For this Declaration did a whole lot more than make a republic, it remade the world. And it still is. Every time someone, somewhere resists the constraints of tyranny and aspires to freedom, it is an echo of what happened here.
"That is why, from our earliest days, Americans have marked the Fourth of July as the 'great anniversary celebration,' as John Adams predicted it would be. We raise Old Glory, march down Main Street, and light up the skies -- our pride front and center, like Hancock's signature itself.
"So here's to the Spirit of '76. Here's to its blessings, and to the men and women who have worked, sacrificed, and pushed to preserve them. And here's to the United States of America, the land where anything's possible and our best days are always ahead of us.
"Just think, it all started with a small group of believers and a few self-evident truths. What a country."
To view the Speaker's remarks on YouTube, go here.
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner
July 4 - Declaration signed . . .
Founders sacrificed Prosperity for Posterity!
From: The American Minute With Bill Federer To read the full article, including stunning illustrations, go here.
The Declaration of Independence was approved JULY 4, 1776.
John Hancock, President of the Continental Congress, signed first, saying "the price on my head has just doubled."
Next to sign was Secretary, Charles Thomson.
Benjamin Franklin said:
"We must hang together or most assuredly we shall hang separately.
The Declaration refers to God:
"Laws of Nature and of Nature's God. . .
All Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights . . .
Appealing to the Supreme Judge of the World for the Rectitude of our Intentions . . . "
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honor."
Many of the 56 signers did in fact lose their "Lives" and "Fortunes" during the war, as did thousands of patriots who sacrificed their Prosperity for their Posterity:
Of the Signers:
17 served in the military,
11 had their homes destroyed;
5 were hunted and captured; and
9 died during the war.
- On this very special day, we give thanks for those who have gone before us to secure our liberty under God, and to grant us His peace and His blessings. May we never forget the price that these signers of the Declaration of Independence, and many others who followed them, have paid in the defense of liberty. In Jesus' Name we offer this prayer, amen.
- "Remove not the ancient landmark, which thy fathers have set." (Proverbs 22:28)
Worship with Us Today!
Worship with Us Today!
THREE PATRIOTIC TUNES AS WE CELEBRATE
AMERICA'S 236TH BIRTHDAY TODAY
America's National Anthem
God Bless America
America The Beautiful