• The Daily Brief
• The Middle East in Focus
• The Good News Corner
• Worship with Us Today!
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"Partners in Prayer for Our Nation"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief - Tuesday, July 17, 2012
"You, O Lord, remain forever; Your throne from generation to generation. Turn us back to You, O Lord, and we will be restored; Renew our days as of old . . ." (Lamentations 5:19,21)
The Daily Brief
1. Obama to business owners: 'You didn't build that' - Fox News
President Obama, in a speech to supporters, suggested business owners owe their success to government investment in infrastructure and other projects -- saying "if you've got a business, you didn't build that."
- Lord, we pray our citizens will wake up to the many things this President is saying. Open their ears with understanding and wisdom, so the country will vote and make the right choice. Lord, let people who have honestly built businesses, be encouraged and prosper, and may new businesses arise. In the name of Jesus, our cornerstone, we pray. Amen.
- Wisdom has built her house, She has hewn out her seven pillars; She has slaughtered her meat, She has mixed her wine, She has also furnished her table, She has sent out her maidens, She cries out from the highest places of the city, "Whoever is simple, let him turn in here!" As for him who lacks understanding, she says to him, "Come, eat of my bread and drink of the wine I have mixed. Forsake foolishness and live, And go in the way of understanding. (Proverbs 9:1-6)
2. Democrats threaten to go over 'fiscal cliff' if GOP fails to raise taxes - Washington Post
Democrats are making increasingly explicit threats about their willingness to let nearly $600 billion worth of tax hikes and spending cuts take effect in January unless Republicans drop their opposition to higher taxes for the nation's wealthiest households.
- Lord, we pray for fair taxes and we ask that leaders come into a right unity on tax issues. Many leaders are not representing the will of the people. We are reminded of one of the reasons for separation from England was taxation without representation. Lord, give our leaders wisdom for fair and representative taxation. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.
- Therefore you must be subject, not only because of wrath but also for conscience' sake. For because of this you also pay taxes, for they are God's ministers attending continually to this very thing. Render therefore to all their due: taxes to whom taxes are due, customs to whom customs, fear to whom fear, honor to whom honor. (Romans 13 5-7)
3. U.S. declares drought-stricken states largest natural disaster area ever - Yahoo
The United States Department of Agriculture has declared natural disaster areas in more than 1,000 counties and 26 drought-stricken states, making it the largest natural disaster in America ever.
- Lord, we ask forgiveness for defiant and rebellious hearts in this nation. We pray for a turning of the hearts to You. We ask forgiveness for the iniquities and sins of our nation, and call upon your mercy to provide rain. May the drought disasters be used to turn the people's hearts to You, the one who gives rain. May a spirit of repentance arise. We pray for rain in the name of Jesus. Amen.
- But this people has a defiant and rebellious heart; They have revolted and departed. They do not say in their heart,"Let us now fear the Lord our God, Who gives rain, both the former and the latter, in its season. He reserves for us the appointed weeks of the harvest." Your iniquities have turned these things away, And your sins have withheld good from you. (Jeremiah 5: 23-25)
4. Hillary Clinton's plea falls flat in Egypt - Politico
The head of Egypt's military took a tough line Sunday on the Muslim Brotherhood, warning that he won't let the fundamentalist group dominate the country, only hours after Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton urged him to work with Egypt's elected Islamist leaders.
- Lord, we pray that evildoers and liars in Egypt not be allowed to succeed and prosper. We pray for truth to arise in the situations with Egypt. We also pray for godly wisdom to come forth in the name of Jesus. Amen.
- An evildoer gives heed to false lips; A liar listens eagerly to a spiteful tongue. (Proverbs 17:4)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"Not unto us, O LORD, not unto us, but unto Your name give glory, for Your mercy, and for Your truth's sake. Why should the nations say, Where is their God? But our God is in the heavens. He has done whatever He has pleased." (Psalm 115:1-3)
1. Palestinians to revive bid for UN recognition - Israel Hayom
The Palestinian Authority has announced that it plans to reapply for U.N. recognition. Chief Palestinian negotiator Saeb Erekat said on Sunday that the timing of the request would be decided next week by the Arab League.
2. Clinton warns Iran during Israel visit - Ynet News
The US will "use all elements of American power" to prevent Iran from obtaining a nuclear weapon, Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton told reporters in Jerusalem Monday night.
3. Obama says 'failed' to push Mideast peace - Ynet News
US President Barack Obama believed he has failed to properly push for a resolution of the Middle East conflict.
4. Saudis to give $100 million to Palestinians - Ynet News
Saudi Arabia will give the Palestinian Authority $100 million to help alleviate a stinging budget crunch, the Palestinian prime minister's office said on Sunday.
5. The unspoken secret at the heart of US-Israel coordination on Iran - Times of Israel
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's visit to Israel constitutes the latest in a series of intensive trips across the pond by American and Israeli political leaders, top officials, senior generals and security chiefs, at which the issue of how to stop Iran's nuclear drive continues to dominate the agenda.
6. Missionaries in the Knesset? - Jerusalem Post
Many MKs opened their mailboxes on Monday morning and were appalled to find a New Testament inside, sent to them by a messianic organization.
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner
Gold Stash Found in Israel
Teresa Neumann (July 11, 2012)
(Israel)-One of the largest gold treasures ever to be discovered in Israel was unearthed in early July near Herzliya.
According to an Israel National News report, the horde of gold, consisting of over 100 coins, was found hidden in a partly broken pottery vessel at the Appollonia National Park, where archaeologists say the former Crusader town of Apollonia-Arsuf once thrived. The fortress where they were found buried has been under excavation for more than 30 years. (Photo: Flash 90) Archaeologists also discovered many items related to the Crusades, and believe the coins were deliberately hidden by someone intent on returning later to retrieve them.
According to the Biblical Archaeological Society, the battle, which caused the person to hide the coins was identified as the Battle of Arsuf between Saladin and Richard the Lionheart.
Source: Chana Ya'ar - Israel National News
Worship with Us Today!
Worship with Us Today!
Holy Fire - Hosanna! Music HM077