• The Daily Brief
• The Middle East in Focus
• The Daily Jot!
• Billy Graham Supports Chick-fil-A
• OLYMPICS News
• DOJ v. Colorado Family
• Michele Bachmann Under Attack
• The Good News Corner
• Worship with Us Today!
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"Partners in Prayer for Our Nation"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief - Thursday, July 26, 2012
"And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch." (Mark 13:37)
THERE ARE MANY EXCELLENT PRAYER INITIATIVES THAT HAVE BEEN ORGANIZED TO COVER OUR NATION IN INTERCESSION THIS FALL, DURING THE FINAL ELECTION CYCLE.
PLEASE WATCH FOR OUR SPECIAL ALERT, TO BE POSTED THIS WEEKEND, SUMMARIZING ALL OF THESE EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITIES TO NETWORK TOGETHER IN TARGETED PRAYER FOR THE BLESSING OF OUR COUNTRY. THANK YOU.
The Daily Brief
1. A Iranian nuclear plants reportedly 'Thunderstruck' by AC/DC computer virus - Times of Israel
A cyberspace security expert says he received a series of emails from an Iranian nuclear scientist complaining that computers at two plants bizarrely began playing a heavy metal anthem over the weekend.
B) Iran Pledges to Deploy Warships in the Atlantic - CNS News
For the second time in less than a year, Iran's top naval commander has said Iranian Navy vessels will soon be plying the Atlantic Ocean, having made great strides in recent years in expanding its presence beyond Iranian waters.
- Father, we rejoice at this latest cyber attack which has created havoc in Iran's nuclear facilities. We ask You to send Your Word, Your angelic host, Your power to stop any movement of Iran's warships into the western hemisphere.
- "So shall My Word be that goes forth from My mouth, it shall not return to Me void, but it shall accomplish what I please, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it." [Isaiah 55:11]
2. Obama calls for strengthening gun rules, Reid says no time for debate
- Fox News
As President Obama added his voice to the push for stricter gun rules in the wake of the Colorado movie theater massacre, the suggestion made a prompt thud on Capitol Hill when the top Senate Democrat said he can't fit the gun control debate in the schedule.
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, asked Thursday about Obama's remarks on gun control the night before, said the Senate's packed schedule precludes any action on firearms legislation. Asked if the Senate might debate the issue next year, Reid said, "Nice try." (Read more)
- Offer a chorus of praise that the Senate Majority Leader is determined to preserve our Second Amendment rights. Hallelujah.
- "My mouth will speak in praise of the LORD. Let every creature praise his holy name for ever and ever." (Psalm 145:1)
3. UN arms treaty takes shape, raising alarm among gun rights advocates
The arms trade treaty being hammered out by the United Nations is nearing completion, and the current draft shows it could lead to perpetual attacks on the U.S. Constitution's Second Amendment and American foreign policy, critics say. The draft that emerges will become international law for countries that ratify it once 65 of them have done so. But analysts say it could take 10 years to reach that number. At least 58 U.S. senators have pledged to not ratify the measure. (Read more)
- Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is expected to sign this treaty tomorrow, but we praise God that our U.S. Senate will not ratify this document. As darkness continues to grow darker on the earth, praise God for those who uphold righteousness and move without fear to defend our freedoms.
- "Fight the good fight of the faith." (I Tim. 6:12)
4. Wealthy left out of Bush-era tax cut renewal - Washington Times
Embracing President Obama's plan to extend only some of the Bush-era tax cuts, Senate Democrats on Wednesday passed a bill that would mean stable income tax rates for most Americans but a sizable increase for the wealthiest.
- Father, we ask that you would provide creative ways for the wealthier businessmen and women across America. Give them creativity to provide more jobs for our people in spite of the continual harassment by this administration.
-"The blessing of the Lord makes one rich, and He adds no sorrow with it." [Proverbs 10:22]
5. House passes Ron Paul's 'audit the Fed' bill - Washington Times
In a move that serves as a capstone to Rep. Ron Paul's colorful career, the House on Wednesday approved a bill that would let Congress's chief investigators conduct a full audit of the Federal Reserve's shrouded decision-making process.
- Thank You, Lord, for this first step toward a victory that has been a long time coming. We ask that the Senate will follow suit and cross party lines to do it!
- "So then each of us shall give account of himself to God." [Romans 14:12]
6. Harry Reid: 'I've Sponsored Legislation . . . For an Audit of the Federal Reserve' - CNSNews.com
On January 25, 1995, Reid argued in favor of an amendment by then Senator Byron Dorgan (D-N.D.) that would require the Federal Reserve to a prepare a report to Congress and disclose the financial impact of changing interest rates on the public and private sector. (Read more.)
- When the House bill reaches the Senate, pray that Senator Reid will hold to his comments from several years ago. It's time to audit the Fed!
- "if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven." (Matthew 18:19)
7. Sec. Clinton Condemns 'Demonization of Jews' - U.S. State Department
On Tuesday, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton addressed a conference on genocide at the US Holocaust Museum. She "asserted that criticism against Israeli policy must be separated from a demonization of Jews and the state of Israel," according to Haaretz.
"We must remain vigilant against [Holocaust] deniers and against anti-Semitism," said Clinton, "because when heads of state and religious leaders deny the Holocaust from their bully pulpits, we cannot let their lies go unanswered. When we hear Holocaust glorification and public calls to, quote, "finish the job," we need to make clear that violence, bigotry will not be tolerated." Read more.
- Praise God for this strong statement by our Secretary of State against anti-Semitism and insisting that our nation -- and all nations -- never forget the Holocaust. Pray a rich blessing into the soul of Hillary Rodham Clinton as a result of her strong statement on behalf of the Jews. Amen.
- "Who is like You, O YHWH, among the gods? Who is like You, glorious in holiness, fearful in praises, doing wonders?" (Exodus 15:11)
8a. Gay Rights Group Petitions Against Chick-Fil-A, Plans 'Kiss-In' - CBS News
The gay rights group Equality Illinois is launching a campaign against Chick-Fil-A -- petitioning universities and lawmakers to evict the fast food restaurant from their campuses and planning a "kiss-in" campaign by gay and lesbian couples outside Chick-Fil-A restaurants. (Read more.)
B. Billy Graham Supports Chick-Fil-A - Fox News
Supporters Rally as Cities Ban Chick-fil-A
Excerpt from Statement by Billy Graham:
Dan Cathy, and for their strong stand for the Christian faith. I've known their family for many years and have watched them grow Chick-fil-A into one of the best businesses in America while never compromising their values." (Full Statement is shown below.)
- Father, we take authority over the spirit of perversion. We ask that Your Holy Spirit move mightily within the gay and lesbian community to bring conviction to their hearts and freedom for their souls. We thank You, Lord, for this statement by the Rev. Billy Graham, and we ask that many others would now voice their support for the family-friendly policy in place at Chick-Fil-A.
- "And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment." [John 16:8]
9. Severe Drought Seen as Driving Cost of Food Up - NY Times
Scorching heat and the worst drought in nearly a half-century are threatening to send food prices up, spooking consumers and leading to worries about global food costs.
- Father, as the drought in Israel caused famine and destruction, so this drought is causing severe losses and death. We stand in the gap for America, Lord, and ask Your mercy over both the land and the people who depend upon it.
- "I sought for a man among them who would make a wall, to stand in the gap before me on half of the land, that I should not destroy it, but I found none." [Ezekiel 22:30]
10. Supporters vow to keep cross in California veteran's tribute despite court ruling- Fox News
For decades, there has been a First Amendment battle raging over the Mount Soledad Veterans Memorial in La Jolla, Calif., where a large cross anchors a tribute to Korean War veterans.
Because it sits on public property, the American Civil Liberties Union has long argued that the cross amounts to an unconstitutional entanglement of government and religion.
In 2011, the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals agreed, triggering an appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court, but in June, the high court justices declined to hear the case.
- Lord, we bind the spirit of antichrist in this action. We pray that your Holy Spirit will release the attorneys who pursue Christians with such vigor into a place where they can find Your love to change their hearts.
-"Little children, it is the last hour, and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know it is the last hour." [1 John 2:18]
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"Who is like You, O YHWH, among the gods? Who is like You, glorious in holiness, fearful in praises, doing wonders?" (Exodus15:11)
1. Barak: Nuclear Iran more dangerous than strike - Ynet News
Defense Minister Ehud Barak has alluded yet again on Wednesday to a possible strike on Iran's nuclear facilities, suggesting that the military option could be prefarble to a nuclear-armed Islamic Republic.
2. Arab League gives PA green light to seek statehood via UN - Jerusalem Post
The Palestinian Authority has received a green light from the Arab League to seek UN recognition of a Palestinian state, PA officials said Wednesday.
3. Israel tracks Syrian WMDs with satellites, UAVs, aircraft - Jerusalem Post
Spy satellites, advanced reconnaissance aircraft and unmanned aerial vehicles are just some of the systems that Israel is using to track events in Syria and specifically to keep an eye on the country's chemical weapons arsenal.
4. Israelis scramble for gas masks as Syria deteriorates - Times of Israel
Israel's gas mask distribution centers are reporting a significant rise in the number of civilians seeking protection against chemical weapons.
The Daily Jot!
New York Mayor says police should strike until citizens disarm
New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg told CNN's Piers Morgan on July 23rd that police officers should go on strike until American citizens agree to legislation to disarm. He said in response to a very serious question from Morgan about gun control, "I don't understand why the police officers across this country don't stand up collectively and say, 'We're gonna go on strike. We're not going to protect you unless you, the public, through your legislature, do what's required to keep us safe. After all, police officers want to go home to their families and we're doing everything we can to make their jobs more difficult." By July 24th, Bloomberg said he didn't literally mean police should strike...Is this the mindset of our politicians?
Bloomberg's statement is very disturbing and seems to represent a mindset among the ruling elite in this country--elite that somehow get reelected repeatedly despite having no regard for public stewardship or safety. Bloomberg emphatically stated that police should strike until the "public" does "what is required to keep us safe." In the context of the interview he meant police should refuse to enforce the law until the pubic disarms. Bloomberg was suggesting the police hold hostage Americans and the supreme law of the land--the Constitution--by not enforcing law until the public disarms. This is the very type of wrong minded thinking that causes great countries to decline into oblivion.
It is the police officer's duty to uphold the law. Most police will not interfere with citizens until a law is broken. That means they only protect the public after the fact, or as a matter of deterrence. Criminals do not abide by the law. Criminals do not care about gun control. Even in nations where the citizens are totally disarmed, criminals have guns. Law abiding citizens who carry guns are trained to never use them unless there is deadly force threatening them or another innocent. It is not the law abiding citizen who is the problem where guns are involved. Its the criminal. Responsible people live peacefully. Criminals don't. A criminal may well be deterred if he has reason to believe his potential victim is armed.
There are so many disturbing issues with the Bloomberg statement. The mayor of the nation's largest city is suggesting the police break their oath and the law; ignoring the Constitutional right to bear arms; and is supporting only the laws that he personally believes should be enforced. This is a dangerous trend for all Americans. The Constitutional Republic is based on the rule of law. As the Lord commanded Moses in Exodus 12:49, "One law shall be to him that is homeborn, and unto the stranger that sojourneth among you." Yeshua said in Matthew 24:12, "And because lawlessness shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold." The "law" here is YHVH's law, which is the law from which our nation's laws are derived. When those we elect refuse to uphold the law, our nation will fall. We the people need to hold them accountable.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Billy Graham Supports Chick-fil-A
Billy Graham Supports Chick-fil-A
MONTREAT, N.C. - The following statement was issued today by Billy Graham:
"I want to express my support for my good friends Truett Cathy and his son Dan Cathy, and for their strong stand for the Christian faith. I've known their family for many years and have watched them grow Chick-fil-A into one of the best businesses in America while never compromising their values. Chick-fil-A serves each of its customers with excellence, and treats everyone like a neighbor. It's easy to see why Chick-fil-A has become so popular across America.
Each generation faces different issues and challenges, but our standard must always be measured by God's word. I appreciate the Cathy family's public support for God's definition of marriage.
I also appreciate Governor Mike Huckabee's leadership and for encouraging Americans to support Chick-fil-A on August 1. As the son of a dairy farmer who milked many a cow, I plan to 'Eat Mor Chikin' and show my support by visiting Chick-fil-A next Wednesday."
Billy Graham is a strong advocate for the biblical definition of marriage and recently stated his public support for the marriage amendment in his home state of North Carolina, which voters resoundingly passed on May 8.
IN RESPONSE TO BBC'S MAP: OLYMPIC TEAM SALUTES JERUSALEM
Israel's Olympic team has decided to respond to the BBC's assertion that Jerusalem is not Israel's capital, by preparing a video in which Israeli athletes are seen saying they are proud to represent Israel "and its capital Jerusalem."
The British broadcast authority, which has often been charged with bias against Israel, has come under fire for listing "East Jerusalem" as the capital for the "Palestinian Olympic team" while leaving Israel listed without a capital. After Israel and Jews around the world complained, the BBC partly corrected its mistake and stated that Israel's "seat of government is Jerusalem" while still omitting Jerusalem as the capital. Just to get its point across, it added, "Most foreign embassies reside in Tel Aviv."
Tel Aviv Mayor Ron Huldai has also come to the rescue in a YouTube video, in which he says that although his city is "one of the coolest cities in the world and Israel's financial and cultural center, we are not Israel's capital. Jerusalem is Israel's capital."Huldai invited Britain's Jews to visit Tel Aviv and enjoy its beaches and tourist sites. Putting aside the longtime contest between Jerusalem and Tel Aviv residents over which is the better city, he stated categorically that after tourists finish visiting all of the city's attractions, "you are welcome to visit the historical and religious sites of the capital of Israel - Jerusalem." (Israel National News) Read more.
- O Abba Father, it is unreal the escalating rise of anti Israel declarations and treatment! If Jerusalem is acknowledged as the 'seat of government' for the nation of Israel, why is there such 'difficulty' by other nations and their news media to acknowledge that that makes Jerusalem Israel's capital city? Arise up and execute Your judgment, O Lord, as so many people and nations now mock and ridicule Your special land and people! In Jesus' Name, we pray, Amen and Amen.
- "The nations have sunk down in the pit which they made; in the net which they hid, their own foot is caught. The Lord is known by the judgment He executes; the wicked is snared in the work of his own hands. Selah . Arise, O Lord. Do not let man prevail; let the nations be judged in Your sight. Put them in fear, O Lord, that the nations may know themselves to be but men. Selah." (Psalm 9: 15-16, 19-20)
- Please pray for the safety and the protection of ALL the athletes that will be competing at the Olympics and their 80,000 guests. The British government has had to release a private security firm to secure the site, and has now brought in 18,000 troops to protect 80,000 people.
In particular, please bring heightened prayers for protection during the Opening Ceremony tomorrow night. God is greater than any wicked scheme that evil men can devise, and He can and WILL take them down, if we pray. Amen.
DOJ v. Colorado Family
DOJ to Colorado Family: Give Up Your Religion or Your Business
Starting tomorrow, the Obama administration is literally taking on Hercules. The showdown is scheduled for a U.S. District Court in Colorado, where one family is desperately trying to fend off the government's mandate. Together with Alliance Defending Freedom (ADF), they have until August 1st to stop the order, which requires that business owners--like Hercules Industries--offer abortion, contraception, and sterilization coverage. For the Newland family, a fixture in the local Catholic community, the mandate is a non-starter. At no point would they consider violating their faith just to make a living.
But, as businesses will soon learn, the decision to refuse Health and Human Services (HHS) is a costly one. Thousands--if not hundreds of thousands of dollars--in fines await any company that ignores the President's decree. For the Newlands, and other families like them, the effect on business could be catastrophic. Owners like them, who are already saddled with an anemic economy and potentially back-breaking new taxes, stand to lose more than their profit margin. For the first time in history, the government would become a vehicle for punishing business owners who live out their faith. As lead attorney Matt Bowman explained to NRO, "Religious freedom in America has always included the way people exercise their beliefs Monday through Friday, not just on Sundays and in soup kitchens...When Americans realize that Washington politicians are trying to decide what faith is, who the faithful are, and where and how that faith may be lived out, so it can force families to abandon their faith just to earn a living, I think people will speak up more and more."
Unfortunately, the Obama administration is so hostile to Christians and beholden to the abortion movement that it fails to see the profoundly human element of this mandate and how it impacts everyday life for millions of Americans. The Newlands are the face of family businesses across America which, next week, will be the casualties of an unprecedented war on religious freedom. "Everyone in America should know that a government with the power to do this to anyone," Bowman warns, "can do this--and worse--to everyone."
And what are congressional leaders doing about it? Nothing, yet. Despite having more than 220 cosponsors on his "Respect for the Rights of Conscience Act," Rep. Jeff Fortenberry (R-Nebr.) has never seen his measure on the House schedule. With more than a majority of the House already endorsing the measure, there's absolutely no reason why leadership shouldn't hold a vote on this important bill. And fast. On August 1st, the nation won't just be turning over a calendar page; we'll be turning over a significant page in American history. Call your representative and urge him to call on Republican Leadership to hold a vote on H.R. 1179--before it's too late. (Family Research Council; CNSNews.com) Read more.
Michele Bachmann Under Attack
Michele Bachmann Under Attack
Minnesota Congresswoman Michele Bachmann has been a champion for our values, a powerful advocate for life, family, faith and freedom in Washington, DC. She serves on the House Committee responsible for overseeing the entire U.S. intelligence community. Every House member has the right to make inquiry of federal agencies on behalf of his or her constituents. When the Center for Security Policy produced a report suggesting infiltration into high places in government by the Muslim Brotherhood, Bachmann and conservative colleagues wrote joint letters to senior officials at the White House, Departments of State, Defense, Justice, Homeland Security, and National Intelligence, asking them to investigate.
Bachmann has asked questions about a high ranking State Department official who might have ties to the Muslim Brotherhood. For simply asking questions, criticism has been aimed at Bachmann and not just by Democrats. Sen. John McCain and House Speaker John Boehner have also chimed in.
Insiders say political correctness fills our agencies, like that cited in last week's report showing the FBI willfully ignored concerns raised about U.S. Army Major Nidal Hasan's Jihadist beliefs and Islamist connections, long before he murdered 13 fellow soldiers in 2009, crying "Allahu Achbar!" Sens. Joe Lieberman (I-CT), and Susan Collins (R-ME), say the investigation was inadequate, and "fails to address the specific cause for the Fort Hood attack, which is violent Islamist extremism." (Source: FRC Prayer Targets)
- May those trying to silence these courageous men and women asking questions Americans want answered, fail in their effort! May their irrational opposition draw even greater attention to the questions and lead to them being answered! Please protect these leaders from those who wish to bring them down.
- "For among My people are found wicked men; They lie in wait as one who sets snares; They set a trap; They catch men." (Jer. 5:26)
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner
Missouri Governor Jay Nixon Signs House of Worship Bill
We are pleased to inform you that Missouri Governor Jay Nixon has signed into law Senate Bill 755, the House of Worship Protection Act. This is a major victory for religious protection in our state, and we are grateful to the Governor for enacting this bill into law with his signature.
This new law makes it an offense to disrupt worship services in a church, synagogue, mosque, or other house of worship. Individuals who intentionally and unreasonably interrupt or disturb the order and solemnity of a worship service could be prosecuted for their activity.
The new law is designed to combat the tactics of activist groups who target churches for protests because of their religious beliefs. Several incidents have occurred across the country where protesters who object to Biblical beliefs and traditional values stage boisterous protests in the middle of worship services.
Senate Bill 755 was sponsored by Senate President Pro Tem Rob Mayer of Dexter. The companion bill in the Missouri House was sponsored by Rep. Shane Schoeller of Willard. The legislation was developed and advanced by the Missouri Family Policy Council working in consultation with the Alliance Defense Fund.
Senate Bill 755 was approved by the Missouri Senate on a vote of 24-9. The bill was passed by the Missouri House by a vote of 111-26.
This new law helps ensure that Missouri citizens can gather in the church of their choice and worship God without interference. Our religious freedoms mean little if they can be taken hostage by aggressive and abusive behavior in church sanctuaries. Citizens will now have the peace of mind that they can meet in their houses of worship without being harassed, intimidated, or bullied, for expressing their faith.
Missouri now joins other states that have adopted statutes that protect the integrity and security of worship services. We applaud members of the Legislature for acting to protect the freedom of religion of families throughout Missouri. We commend Governor Nixon for choosing to protect houses of worship across our state.
You can send a message to Governor Nixon to thank him for his support of the House of Worship Protection Act by using this link.:
Worship with Us Today!
Worship with Us Today!
I CHOOSE JESUS, I CHOOSE JESUS
THE ONE WHO FIRST CHOSE ME
I CHOOSE JESUS, I CHOOSE JESUS
FOR NOW AND ETERNITY