• The Daily Brief
• The Middle East in Focus
• The Daily Jot
• The Good News Corner
• Worship with Us Today!
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"Partners in Prayer for Our Nation"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief - Thursday, July 12, 2012
"For thus says the Lord GOD, the Holy One of Israel; In returning and rest shall you be saved; in quietness and in confidence shall be your strength . . ." (Isaiah 30:15)
The Daily Brief
1. House Approves ObamaCare Repeal - Associated Press
First Vote Since Supreme Court Ruling
House lawmakers voted Wednesday to repeal the federal health care overhaul -- the latest in a long line of anti-ObamaCare votes, but the first since the Supreme Court upheld the law and defined one of its key provisions as a "tax." The House has voted more than 30 times to scrap, defund or undercut the law since Obama signed it in March 2010. As with those bills, the repeal bill approved Wednesday on a 244-185 vote faces certain demise in the Democrat-controlled Senate. (Read more)
- Holy Father, it was You who dissolved this Obama-care and turned it to sawdust in Your mighty hands, and there is no power in man or the votes to resurrect it. It is a dead issue in heaven and it is a dead issue on earth. We ask that the presence of the Lord come upon the Democratic-controlled Senate and that they vote to scrap, defund and undercut this entire law, and render it a dead issue. In the Name of Jesus we pray.
- "And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this is our God; we have waiting for Him, and He will save us; this is the Lord; we have waited for Him, we will be glad and rejoice in His salvation." (Isaiah 25:9)
2. Texas rejects key provisions of Obama's health law - Reuters
Governor Rick Perry said on Monday Texas will not implement an expansion of the Medicaid program or create a health insurance exchange, placing the state with the highest percentage of people without insurance outside key parts of President Barack Obama's signature law.
The announcement makes Texas the most populous state that has rejected the provisions. Some 6.2 million people are without health insurance in Texas, or 24.6 percent of the state population, the highest percentage in the nation. California has more people without insurance but a lower percentage. Perry joined fellow Republican governors of Florida, South Carolina, Wisconsin, Mississippi and Louisiana in rejecting the two provisions of the law, according to americanhealthline.com. They hope that November elections will result in Republicans winning the White House and enough seats in Congress to repeal the law.
- Father God, we praise the Lord for moving upon the people in the state of Texas by giving them sound minds to reject Obamacare. We thank You that many other states are in the process of rejecting this healthcare plan. May the power and presence of the Lord hover over Florida, South Carolina, Wisconsin, Mississippi, Louisiana and California in rejecting the two provisions of this law. Give us victory and may all votes be determined to defeat Obamacare forever. In the Name of Jesus.
- "The mouth of the just brings forth wisdom: but the froward and perverse tongue shall be cut out. The lips of the righteous know what is acceptable: but the mouth of the wicked speaks frowardness." (Proverbs 10: 31-32)
3. Congress Playing Politics on Taxes? - Fox News
In the Senate: Republicans try to force Democrats to vote on Obama tax plan Senate Republicans put Democrats on the spot over Obama's plan to raise taxes on top earners, as Democrats accuse Republicans of blocking a small business tax cut.
- Father, we plead the protection of the Lord over this issue of raising taxes on top earners. We break the power of darkness that would want to steal from the top earners. God, move in a mighty way to kill this plan by the blood of Jesus that it fall to the ground and die. Catch the enemy in a lurch and tie his hands and feet that he cannot move against the top earners in America. We praise the Lord for keeping a good balance in the taxation of our people without being imposed upon. In the Name of Jesus we pray.
- "The enemy's roots shall be dried up beneath, and above shall his branch be cut off. His remembrance shall perish from the earth, and he shall have no name in the street. He shall be driven from light into darkness, and chased out of the world."
4. Lawmakers fuming over Pentagon limiting reports to 10 pages - Fox News
Republican Rep. Buck McKeon and other members of the House Armed Services Committee are furious over what they are calling an "arbitrary" decision by the Pentagon to limit reports to Congress to as few as 10 pages. Speaking to reporters in the Capitol on Wednesday, McKeon called the shortened reports "outrageous." He's sent a letter to Defense Secretary Leon Panetta looking for answers. Panetta has yet to formally respond to the letter, but the Pentagon did issue a statement Wednesday defending the policy. (Read more)
- Father God, we ask that You will cause the Pentagon to be supportive of Rep. Buck McKeon and other members of the House Armed Services Committee to have free range and no binding or limitation on the number of pages it will take for all their reports. This is an easy matter for our God to push this through and allow the necessary allotment of pages that is necessary. We bind all other forces by the blood of Jesus that would attempt to control and limit the adequate length of these reports. In Jesus' Name.
- "Their Redeemer is strong; the Lord of hosts is His name: He shall thoroughly and fully plead their cause, that He may give rest to the land." (Jeremiah 50:3)
5. Former CIA spy warns of terrorist sleeper cells in the U.S. - LA Times
Reza Kahlili, living in the shadows with a fake name and disguise, worked from inside the Revolutionary Guard. He warns of terrorist sleeper cells in the U.S. and a plot to destroy Israel. (Read more)
- Father God, we thank You for the courage being shown by Reza Kahlili, and we ask Your hand of protection to rest upon him and his family now and in the days ahead. We thank You that the plans and the plots of Al Qaeda and its sleeper cells here in the United States are being uncovered, and we ask that this network of evil be completely dismantled and demolished, in Jesus' Name. We pray, too, for the souls of the Moslems who are caught in its web. Please forgive them, Lord, and lead them to the Cross, In Jesus Name, amen.
- "He reveals the deep things of darkness and brings deep shadows into the light." (Job 12:22)
6a. UN arms treaty could put U.S. gun owners in foreign sights, say critics - Fox News
A treaty being hammered out this month at the United Nations -- with Iran playing a key role -- could expose the records of America's gun owners to foreign governments -- and, critics warn, eventually put the Second Amendment on global trial. Read more.
The United Nations is putting the finishing touches on an Arms Trade Treaty that transcends borders and may even trample our constitutional right to bear arms, and every indication is that the president will sign it.
- Father God, we continue coming before You, asking You to tear down and to destroy this wicked agenda, that would force our people to come under the control of an agenda of the New World Order. Thank You, Lord, that as we pray, You do hear, and You will answer. In Jesus' Name, amen.
- "Devise your strategy, but it will be thwarted; propose your plan, but it will not stand, for God is with us." (Isaiah 8:10)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"God is not a man that He should lie, neither the son of man that He should repent. Has He said, and shall He not do it? Or has He spoken, and shall He not make it good?" (Numbers 23:19)
1. Iron Dome deployed in Eilat region - Ynet News
The Iron Dome missile defense system was deployed in the greater Eilat area Wednesday, as part of an IDF survey meant to test the system in various areas across Israel.
2. European Commission: Two-state solution key to achieving peace - Jerusalem Post
Resolving the Israeli-Palestinian conflict is a key issue in achieving regional peace and global stability, European Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso said Tuesday.
3. Report: U.S. sends forces to Persian Gulf ahead of possible clash with Iran- Ha'aretz
The United States is building up its navel power in the Persian Gulf in response to threats by Iranian officials to close the Strait of Hormuz in case of further sanctions, the Los Angeles Times reported on Wednesday. (Read more.)
4. U.S. moving submersibles to Persian Gulf to oppose Iran - LA Times
The Navy is rushing dozens of unmanned underwater craft to the Persian Gulf to help detect and destroy mines in a major military buildup aimed at preventing Iran from closing the strategic Strait of Hormuz in the event of a crisis, U.S. officials said.
5. Russian Warships to Exercise in Atlantic, Mediterranean - RIA Novosti
A Russian naval task force will perform combat training missions in the Atlantic, the Mediterranean and the Black Sea, the Defense Ministry said on Tuesday. (Read more.)
6. Russia to honor arms sales contracts to Syria - UK Telegraph
Russia said on Wednesday it would fulfil a contract to deliver air defence systems to Syria and had no plans to impose an arms embargo on its Soviet-era ally despite growing pressure from the West.
The Daily Jot
The UN gun ban treaty and the Ezekiel 38 prophecy
The United Nations has put Iran in a key role negotiating the Arms Trade Treaty. The treaty takes aim at the United States and its gun owners. The man who occupies the Oval Office agreed to US participation in the talks, giving them far more credibility than they would have had. The previous Administration had refused to take part in the talks. These talks, however, have prophetic implications. The UN is competing with Islam, America, Russia and China for global dominance. Iran, one of the nations led by Gog in the end time Ezekiel 38 battle, is now in position to crank the ratchet of prophecy forward by attempting to disarm the last remaining bastion of Liberty on the planet--American gun owners.
It is unlikely that the treaty, even if accepted by the UN membership, would have a direct impact on US gun owners. The Second Amendment guarantees the right to bear arms. The Senate would have to approve US participation in the treaty by a two thirds majority. Already, 58 senators have signed a letter saying they would refuse to ratify any such treaty. But there is a deeper issue. Even without US participation, the treaty would impact who could sell weapons to other countries. For example, if Iran didn't want the US selling weapons to Israel, it could veto the sale and try to prevent it. Passage of such a treaty would embolden the end time Islamic coalition against Israel and perhaps accelerate a colossal attack.
The Ezekiel 38 coalition leader Gog, identified by some scholars as the Assyrian (Isaiah 10,14, 30, 31; Micah 5; and others), also the Beast, hails from Magog, located directly North of Israel in modern Turkey. Persia, which follows Gog, is modern Iran. These "Beast" nations are currently aligning. America, which these nations also seek to destroy, is assisting prophecy by helping establish Islamic governments in Libya, Egypt and throughout Northern Africa and the Middle East. These Islamic governments will unify for a time against Israel, but as Ezekiel 38:21 says, "And I will call for a sword against him (Gog) throughout all my mountains, saith YHVH: every man's sword shall be against his brother."
YHVH says in Ezekiel 38:16, "And thou shalt come up against my people of Israel, as a cloud to cover the land; it shall be in the latter days, and I will bring thee against my land, that the heathen may know me, when I shall be sanctified in thee, O Gog, before their eyes." There will be no mistaking that the heathens, those who are coming against Israel, and Israel itself will know that YHVH is the one true God. This is the true end time battle. YHVH says in Ezekiel 39:7, "So will I make my holy name known in the midst of my people Israel; and I will not let them pollute my holy name any more: and the heathen shall know that I am YHVH, the Holy One in Israel." The UN nations and Iran will know that name for sure.
Have A Blessed And Powerful Day,
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner
From Disaster to Dancing:
The Story Behind SBC's first African-American President
And how the maligned former street preacher ended up in a restaurant unwittingly sharing a piece of pie with President G. W. Bush.
(New Orleans, LA)-As reported earlier on Breaking Christian News, the Southern Baptist denomination made history on June 19, when they elected Pastor Fred Luter, Jr. as their first African-American president.
On a CBN News interview, Luter, a descendent of slaves and a former street preacher, has spoken of the victory and what it means.
One of the first major challenges that faced Luter as a pastor in New Orleans in 1986 came when he was appointed to a grow a dying church. The head of Southern Baptist missions reportedly had doubts Luter could perform the miracle needed to do it. Luter says the missions' leader told him, "Son, you are not my choice for this church. But evidently these people want you, so this is my job description for you: you either resurrect this church, or we are going to bury it."
In so many words, Luter's reply was, "I am in no mood for a funeral . . . we are going to resurrect this church."
With God's grace and Luter's dedication, the church was, indeed, resurrected. It grew to 8,000 and then Hurricane Katrina hit. It took another miracle to open the doors to the church two years later.
"I never will forget my sermon was from the book of Habakkuk," Luter notes, "and my title was 'From Disaster to Dancing.' And I literally danced across this pulpit," Luter said.
In one of the interview's most surprising revelations, Luter shares of how he met with then president, George W. Bush at a local restaurant during post-hurricane reconstruction.
Says Luter: "He [President Bush] had strawberry shortcake and I had pecan pie, which is my favorite dessert, and I guess he saw me enjoying it. And he said, 'Is it really that good?' And the president of the United States of America took his fork without even asking my permission and said, 'Let me try that' and took some of my pecan pie."
"That," he says, "is a moment I will never forget."
Speaking of his early days as a street preacher in New Orleans, Luter says, "There are people who will see me today and say, 'Man I remember you when you were on the street corner. I thought you were so crazy man."
"Some people, they will wave at you. Some people will give you the finger. People will curse you out. But that is where I got my start, and I really think that my ministry on the street prepared me for ministry in the church." (Source: Effrem Graham - CBN News) Read more.
Worship with Us Today!
Worship with Us Today!
THE BATTLE HYMN OF THE REPUBLIC!
We do need to pray daily for our Country. This is so beautiful.
Turn up your speakers and sit back and enjoy!