CHPP Daily Brief - September 30, 2010
• The Daily Brief
• The Middle East in Focus
• A Note to Our Readers
• See Also . . .
• "America's First Martyrs"
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
"Because you have kept My command to persevere, I also will keep you from the hour of trial which shall come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth." (Rev. 3:10)
The Daily Brief
1. Iran unveils seaplane used for attacks, surveillance - Ynet News
Iran's state TV says the country's powerful Revolutionary Guard has received its first three squadrons of radar-evading flying boats which were developed to collect intelligence and perform attack missions.
- Father, we ask that You prevent the use of these aircraft against your people. We thank You for using whatever means necessary to dispel this threat.
- "There He has broken the fiery arrows of the enemy, the shields and swords and weapons of war." (Psalm 76:3 NLT)
2. G-20 Should Seek Global Currency 'Harmony,' Larosiere Says - Bloomberg
Leaders of Group of 20 nations must build a "more harmonized" global currency system to prevent the risk of competitive devaluations, said Jacques de Larosiere, author of a European report into the roots of the financial crisis.
- We praise You, Lord for preventing any plan that would move this "one world system" forward outside of Your time frame.
-"My times are in Your hand; deliver me from the hand of my enemies, and from them that persecute me." (Psalm 31:15)
3. Continued Ban On Conversions Proposed in Nepal - Worthy News
A legislative panel in Nepal proposed keeping a ban on religious conversions in the country's new constitution.
A. New threats from an old nemesis of Nepal's Christians
A militant underground group that once forced hundreds of government officials into resigning is now threatening Christian clergy with violence if they do not give in to its extortion demands.
- Father, we call forth Your unlimited power to put an end to this militant underground group who has wielded its arm of force over Nepal's government and now bringing threats to Christian clergy. Defeat this evil voice and stir up mass confusion within its camp that it fall under the mighty hand of God. Release the Christians to worship the Lord with freedom and enable them to spread the truth of the gospel across all of Nepal. In Jesus Name.
-"The Lord reigns, He is clothed with majesty; the Lord is clothed with strength, wherewith He has girded Himself: the world also is established, that it cannot be moved." (Psalm 93:1)
4. Eight Churches Shut Down in Syria - Worthy News
At least eight evangelical churches in northern Syria has been closed down by the government, a Washington-based Christian human rights group said.
- God, nothing can defeat the work of God in Syria, not even the government. Where eight churches were closed down, raise up 50 more in their place. Empower the believers in Syria to hold to the hand of the Lord and continue to move forth with a new-found spiritual strength in their souls. Raise them up, Father. We speak multiplication upon the move of God in Syria that no power on earth can stand against them. Send angels to fight for these who name the name of Jesus. In Jesus Name.
- "No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us." (Romans 8:37)
5. UN appoints Malaysian astrophysicist as space ambassador for ET contact - Asian Tribune
The United Nations, tackling head-on the problem of what to do if an Extra Terrestrial alien says "take me to your leader", and poised to designate a specific individual for the task, has selected an obscure Malaysian astrophysicist who is head of its little-known UN Office for Outer Space Affairs.
(Unoosa) in Vienna, charged with implementing the United Nation's outer space-related policies.
- Father, this is a day where men and organizations are walking after their own devices and everyone doing the imagination of their evil hearts, walking after other gods to serve and worship them, and have refused to obey the Lord God of heaven. They have forsaken the One who would have given them life and wholeness. Oh God, bring their evil works to nothingness, rendering their time and efforts useless and without effect. In Jesus Name.
- And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: 9)Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, 10) And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11) And for this cause God shall send them a strong delusion, that they should believe a lie.12)That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness. (2 Thessalonians 2:8-12)
6. Jewish group falls from favor at White House - Washington Times
The White House appears to be distancing itself from the liberal advocacy group J Street that it once embraced as its envoy to the U.S. Jewish community after disclosures that nearly half the group's funding for 2008 came from a single Hong Kong donor.
- Lord, we pray favor for a Jewish Advocacy group that is conservative, righteous, and has knowledge of the importance of Israel to America. We are thankful that a liberal group has been distanced, but ask for a better alternative.
- "Save, Lord, let the king hear us when we call." ( Psalm 20:9)
7. Obama Signs $30B Small Business Lending Bill - ABC News
Scoring a prized political victory five weeks before the Nov. 2 elections, President Barack Obama on Monday signed a bill to help small businesses expand and hire by cutting their taxes and creating a $30 billion loan fund.
- Lord, as the government continues to create dependence on itself rather than stimulate independent growth, we pray for Your mercy over the debt that continues to escalate. Only You can bring the nation out of fiscal irresponsibility into wise policies.
- "Restore, I pray you, to them this day, their lands, their vineyards, their oliveyards, and their houses." (Nehemiah 5:11a)
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
Surely there is no enchantment against Jacob, neither is there any divination against Israel: according to this time it shall be said of Jacob and of Israel, "What has God wrought!" (Numbers 23:23)
1. US Pressing Israel to Halt West Bank Construction - ABC News
Washington's special Mideast envoy on Wednesday was trying to wring an agreement out of Israel to bar new West Bank settlement construction and put foundering peace talks back on track.
2. Europe joins US in effort to save peace talks - Ynet News
European Union foreign policy chief Catherine Ashton said she would depart for the Middle East on Wednesday as diplomatic pressure intensified to save faltering Israel-Palestinian peace talks.
3. Palestinians: No talks without freeze - Ynet News
The Palestinians dug in ahead of a crucial meeting Thursday with Washington's Mideast envoy, saying they can't be expected to continue peace talks unless Israel reverses a decision to lift restrictions on West Bank settlement construction.
4. Netanyahu to US: I'm leading Israel's policy - Ynet News
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu met Wednesday with US special envoy George Mitchell, who arrived in Israel in a bid to save the peace talks following the end of the settlement construction freeze.
A Note to Our Readers
Please know that, beginning this week and continuing through Wednesday, October 13th, you will be receiving an abbreviated version of the Daily Brief.
The "shorter" edition will include The Daily Brief, the Middle East in Focus, and the Daily Jot. All other features will resume after October 12th.
See Also . . .
Great Sources for News for Prayer!!
1. Family Research Council: www.frc.org
2. Christian Coalition of America: www.cc.org [Note: this site includes Voter's Guides that can be downloaded into your computer]
3. CitizenLink -- www.citizenlink.com [Lots of news in Congress]
4. Gary Bauer - Campaign for Working Families-- www.cwfpac.com
TRACKING SHARIAH LAW
1. Democracy Under Attack - www.democracyunderattack.org
2. Brigitte Gabriel - www.americancongressfortruth.com/
3. Traditional Values Coalition - www.tradtionalvalues.org
NEWS FROM/ABOUT ISRAEL
1. UCI - Unity Coalition for Israel (EXCELLENT!) - www.israelunitycoalition.org
2. Intercessors for Israel - www.ifij.org
3. ICEJ - www.icej.org
4. Bridges for Peace - www.bridgesforpeace.com