· The Daily Brief
· The Middle East in Focus
· The Challenge of Pakistan's Nukes
· Nationwide Conference Call Tonight!
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief Thursday, August 21, 2008
"But I will sing of thy power; yea, I will sing aloud of thy mercy in the morning: for thou hast been my defence and refuge in the day of my trouble." (Psalm 59:16)
The Daily Brief
1. Politics: - CNN
a) Obama VP Announcement Nears
b) Conservatives Angry Over Potential VP Pick
· Lord, as we come to the announcements of running mates, we humbly ask that You grant great wisdom in the choices for vice presidential candidates. You know the urgency of the hour and the necessity of Your choice for this office. We ask for the intervention of the Holy Spirit in the lives of the candidates.
· "Repent and turn from all your transgressions, so that iniquity will not be your ruin." (Ezekiel 18:30b)
2. U.S., Iraq, Reach Time Horizons for Troop Withdrawal - Fox News
Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said Thursday, that the U.S. and Iraq have agreed to "time horizons" for U.S. troops to leave Iraq.
· Father, as this time line is revealed we pray that the enemy will not be able to gather strength to destroy the progress that has been made. We erect a hedge of the Blood of Jesus around Iraq, and declare that the Lord will complete His plan for the people of Iraq.
· "Break the arm of the wicked and the evil man; seek out his wickedness until You find none." ( Psalm 10:15)
3. Norway: Russia to Cut All Military Ties With NATO - Newsmax.com
Norway's Defense Ministry says Russia has informed that it plans to cut all military ties with NATO. Ministry spokeswoman Heidi Langvik-Hansen says the country's embassy received a telephone call from Russia's Defense Ministry on Wednesday, saying Moscow plans "to freeze all military cooperation with NATO and allied countries."
· Lord, we stand firmly upon Your promise that we shall remain safe in Your protection. As Russia seemingly succumbs to every evil way, we apply the Blood of Jesus against every plan of the enemy, both for the West and Your people in Russia.
· "No weapon formed against you shall prosper." (Isaiah 54:17a)
4. Assad: Syria may host Russian missiles in its territory - Jerusalem Post
Syrian President Bashar Assad has pledged to support Russia in its conflict with Georgia, and said that Damascus was ready to consider deploying Russian Iskander missile systems in its territory, in response to the US missile shield in Europe.
· Father, as we watch Your prophetic word come to pass before our eyes, we call upon You to remember Your promise to reveal Yourself for Israel. We declare that the victory belongs to You, and that no nation or plan can stand against You.
· "Thus, I will magnify Myself and sanctify Myself, and I will be known in the eyes of many nations. Then they shall know that I am the Lord" (Ezekiel: 38:23)
5. Interior Department Thwarts Construction of Virtual Border Fence Over Environmental issues - AP
Construction on "virtual fence" projects scheduled along Arizona's border with Mexico is on hold indefinitely because the Interior Department hasn't signed off on use of its lands, federal officials said Tuesday.
· Father, we pray that You will intervene to move our government from a place of inertia to a place of action regarding our borders. We take authority over apathy and political maneuvering, and in the Name of Jesus we declare that our borders will become secure in spite of man's inaction.
· "For You alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety." (Psalm 4: 8b)
6. Calif. Court Says Homosexual Rights Trump Religious Freedom - OneNewsNow.com
The same California Supreme Court that created a "right" to homosexual "marriage" earlier this year has now ruled that the state may force healthcare professionals to provide services that support an immoral and physically dangerous lifestyle. California's highest court was unanimous in its decision on Monday that Christian doctors may not refuse to perform artificial insemination for homosexual patients.
· Father, once again we stand in the gap over California's courts who fail to acknowledge You as Lord, and have rejected religious freedom in favor of sin. We pray that Your judgment will be filled with mercy for the many people who belong to You in that state. We thank You for the Holy Spirit Who was sent to change the hearts of people, and we ask that You make a way to turn these people of hardened hearts from their sins.
· "And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment." (John 16:8)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE: "The grass withers, the flower fades: but the word of our God shall stand for ever." (Isaiah 40:8)
1. Netanyahu: Gov't crossing dangerous line by freeing prisoners - Ynet News
Likud Chairman Benjamin Netanyahu on Wednesday slammed the cabinet decision to release 199 Palestinian prisoners as a gesture to Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas.
2. PMO: No decision yet on Bnei Menashe - Jerusalem Post
Government officials tried to dampen expectations Wednesday, following a report that Prime Minister Ehud Olmert had given final approval to bring the 7,232 members of the Bnei Menashe tribe of northern India to Israel.
3. Israeli missile defense system detects Syrian tests - World Tribune
Israeli officials said the Syrian military conducted tests of both ballistic missiles and tactical rockets in the spring and summer of 2008.
The Challenge of Pakistan's Nukes
Pakistan Nukes Present Major Problems For America and Israel
Pakistan's nuclear weapons could fall into the hands of terrorist groups al Qaeda and the Taliban with the exile to Saudi Arabia of deposed Pakistani president and American anti-terrorist ally Pervez Musharraf. Experts, however, say this is unlikely because a ten- member committee makes the decisions regarding the nuclear weapons, which are protected by the military and closely screened security agents. What the experts are not considering is that the committee is comprised of Sharia-law Muslims who see the United States as an enemy and that is why Musharraf has been forced out of office in the first place.
At a crisis meeting of the Pakistan government's ruling coalition on July 25th, one of the members who has close ties with al Qaeda said that Pakistan was in danger of losing control of the North West Frontier Province to, what he called, "militants." The province in question happens to be where al Qaeda and the Taliban have their strongholds and the reported area where Pakistan's nuclear arsenal is housed. The Australian newspaper reported that coalition member and al Qaeda sympathizer Maulana Fazlur Rehman's comments were backed by another coalition member whose party rules over the province.
Problem is, Musharraf was apparently the last stronghold against working with the Taliban and al Qaeda to solve political problems in Pakistan. The new coalition government's approach is to work with and include the terrorist groups in decision making about the issues facing the country. Prior to Musharraf's demise, intelligence reports indicated that al Qaeda and the Taliban had infiltrated much of Musharraf's military and were laying in wait to seize nuclear targets, including submarines capable of launching nuclear weapons. . .
At the announcement of Musharraf's resignation, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice . . . said, "The United States supported the transition to democratic government in Pakistan and respects the results of the election. The United States will help with these efforts to see Pakistan reach its goal of becoming a stable, prosperous, democratic, modern, Muslim nation." There are reports that American money given to Pakistan has filtered down to training Taliban terrorists. 2 Corinthians 6:14 says, "Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship has righteousness with unrighteousness?" Heavenly Father, we have a problem.
Nationwide Conference Call Tonight!
In this hour of increasing danger to our own nation, the need to approach our Father in fasting, in prayer, and in repentance is urgent.
Beginning tonight, the Awakening Alliance America will host a nationwide conference call, so that we, as His people in this nation, might join our hearts in cries of repentance for our national sins.The Alliance has also scheduled two other dates for these conference calls, as: - Thursday, August 28-- Thursday, September 4
Billy Wilson, the Founder and President of the Awakening Alliance, will host tonight's call. Please join Billy Wilson, Capitol Hill Prayer Partners, and other leaders of prayer ministries in our nation, as we cry out together to our Lord, that He might yet show His mercy upon us in our hour of need.
Time: 9:00 p.m. Eastern Daylight TimeConference Call Number: 712-432-0232.Access Code: 222#Length of call: 90 minutes "Call upon Me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify Me." (Psalms 50:15)