· The Daily Brief
· The Middle East in Focus
· Taliban; Al Qaeda May Control Pakistani Nukes
· Islamic Interests to Buy Foreclosed Properties
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief Tuesday, August 12, 2008
"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases. . . " (Lam. 3:22)
The Daily Brief
1. President Bush: Russia Must Reverse Course in Georgia - Associated Press
U.N. Security Council to Take Up Georgia-Russia Crisis in Emergency Session
President expresses concerns over 'brutal escalation'; Security Council calls emergency session; Russian forces capture town of Gori, move toward Tbilisi The United Nations Security Council has called an emergency session for Monday afternoon, scrambling to resolve the fighting between Russia and U.S.-allied Georgia over the breakaway region of South Ossetia and other parts of Georgia. The crisis escalted Monday, with Georgian President Mikhail Saakashvili claiming Russia's troops had effectively cut his country in half by seizing a strategic city that straddles the country's main east-west highway. Saakashvili made the statement in a national security council meeting about an hour after officials claimed Russian troops had captured Gori, about 60 miles west of the capital Tbilisi. "(Russian forces) came to the central route and cut off connections between western and eastern Georgia," Saakashvili told a national security meeting.The White House, meanwhile, is denouncing what President Bush called Russia's "dramatic and brutal escalation of violence" in the former Soviet republic.
He pressed Moscow to accept an immediate cease-fire and to pull back its troops.In a Rose Garden statement Monday, Bush said there appeared to be an attempt by Russia to unseat Saakashvili. "I just met with my national security team to discuss the situation in Georgia. I am deeply concerned by reports that Russian troops have moved beyond the zone of conflict, attacked the Georgian town of Gori, and are threatening the Georgian capital Tblisi," Bush said.
He cited evidence suggesting that Russian forces may soon begin bombing the civilian airport in the capital city. "If these reports are accurate, these Russian actions would represent a dramatic and brutal escalation of the conflict in Georgia," Bush said. He said the actions "would be inconsistent with assurances that we have received from Russia that its objectives were limited" to restoring peace in separatist pro-Russian areas. "Russia has invaded a sovereign neighboring state and threatened a government elected by its people," Bush said. "Such an action is unacceptable in the 21st century."
· Offer intensive prayer covering over this crisis, which is one of escalating intensity. Bind the spirit of rage that seems to be propelling Russian President Vladimir Putin to take these aggressive actions; and loose the spirit of peace and of calm.
· Pray for the SAFETY of all citizens who are now in harm's way, and ask our Lord to command His angels to protect them. Finally, pray for WISDOM for President Bush, his advisors, the members of the U.N. Security Council, and all who are attempting now to help Russia and Georgia to reach a cease-fire in this predicament. Pray!
· It is rumored that Georgia's President Saakashvili is a Christian. If so, we claim this verse of promise from the Word of God for him, and for his people: "When a man's ways please the LORD, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him." (Prov. 16:7)
· Lord, we pray for the people of Georgia; though the army may be small, You are able to bring about victory. We pray that any perverse, evil ways, and plans of the Russians to extend their empire will fail quickly.
· "Then the Lord said to Gideon, "By the three hundred men who lapped I will save you, and deliver the Midianites into your hand. Let all the other people go, every man to his place." (Judges 7:7)
2. Russia Jets Bomb Georgia Oil Pipeline - NY Sun
Russian jets targeted a key oil pipeline in Georgia yesterday with more than 50 missiles in a raid that raised fears that the conflict would tighten Moscow's stranglehold on Europe's energy supplies.
· Heavenly Father, we take this petition to You because You alone are able to stem this conflict where Russia is trying to dominate Georgia and the oil supply. Lord, intervene quickly before any more blood is shed!
· "And Elisha prayed, and said, 'Lord, I pray, open his eyes that he may see.' Then the Lord opened the eyes of the young man, and he saw. And behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha." ( 2 Kings 6:17)
3. Obama vs. McCain on Russia vs. Georgia - ABC News
For Russia and Georgia, the conflict in South Ossetia is now a long-simmering war. For Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., and Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., it is the first chance for the presidential candidates to demonstrate their response to an international crisis.
· Lord, we pray Your wisdom will be upon these candidates who want to lead our nation. Open their eyes to see and their minds to know Your will for this situation. We pray this for all who are involved in any way with this conflict.
· "But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil." (Hebrews 5:14)
4. House GOP Call For Energy Plan - The Washington Times
House Republicans Continue To Push For A Debate On Domestic Oil Drilling. House Republicans say they will continue to interrupt their summer break this week to hold daily protests at the Capitol in their ongoing push to expand domestic oil drilling, insisting the "American people are with us" Republicans say they too support the development of alternative energy sources such as wind, solar and biofuels, and other Democratic priorities such as plug- in electric cars. But a central component of any comprehensive energy plan, Republicans insist, also must include more drilling. "There are lots of options, and drilling for oil is not the silver bullet," Rep. Jon Porter, Nevada Republican, said Friday. But "we must explore for [oil] in America. We must explore now."
· Lord, we ask Your blessing to establish the American Energy Act. We pray for favor and power to move forward. We ask You to break the stronghold that is blocking this vote. We declare a clear sound of "yes" or "no."
· "You will also decare a thing, And it will be established for you; So light will shine on your ways." (Job 22:28)
5. U.S. Court of Appeals Upholds Right to Distribute Religious Materials - One News Now
On Thursday, August 7, 2008, the U.S. Court of Appeals in Chicago handed down a decision upholding a federal trial court ruling that an ordinance in Granite City, Ill., regulating the manner in which individuals could distribute religious and other types of handbills was unconstitutional.
· We offer You, Lord, praise and thanksgiving for this ruling to allow our people to continue freely in the commission that You gave us - to declare the gospel to the whole world. Now help us to obey You greatly!
· "But as it is written: 'Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, Nor have entered into the heart of man The things which God has prepared for those who love Him.'" (1 Corinthians 2:9)
6. California Homeschoolers Win Landmark Case - One News Now
In a 3-0 decision the California Court of Appeal for the Second Appellate District reversed its earlier ruling which would have required homeschoolers to be certified teachers in order to homeschool in California. "This is a great victory for homeschool freedom," said Michael Farris, one of the team of attorneys who argued the case before the court and Chairman of HSLDA.
· We lift up a praise to honor You, Lord and thank You for great victory in this decision. We are children of God, a peculiar people that lift Your name through teaching our children freely about Your gracious love towards us.
· "But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty " (1 Corinthians 1:27)
7. SON OF TOP HAMAS LEADER CONVERTS TO CHRISTIANITY - Intercessors for America; WorldNetDaily
'I hope my father and family open their eyes to Jesus and the Kingdom of God' In an exclusive interview with Israel's Haaretz newspaper, Masab Yousuf, son of West Bank Hamas leader Sheik Hassan Yousef, slammed Hamas, praised Israel and said he hoped his terrorist father will open his eyes to Jesus and to Christianity. Masab's father is considered the most popular Hamas figure in the West Bank.The son of one of the most popular leaders in the Hamas terrorist organization has moved to the U.S. and converted to Christianity, it has emerged. "I know that I'm endangering my life and am even liable to lose my father, but I hope that he'll understand this and that God will give him and my family patience and willingness to open their eyes to Jesus and to Christianity. Maybe one day I'll be able to return to Palestine and to Ramallah with Jesus, in the Kingdom of God," Masab said. (worldnetdaily.com 7/31/08)Read more at the IFA website.
· Offer thanksgiving for the harvest coming in from among the Jewish and all Semitic peoples of the Middle East. Pray that the Lord would draw more conversions among key terrorist families. Pray for the safety of Masab Yousuf -- this wonderful new "babe in Christ!" [Intercessors for America]
· "But even to this day, when Moses is read, a veil lies on their heart. Nevertheless when one turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away." (2 Corinthians 3:15, 16)
· Lord, Jesus, we decree in Your precious name that ALL blinders will be taken off of all the Palestinians, Jews, and unsaved peoples of the Middle East as has been foretold in the sacred scriptures about the end times so that they will come to know Jesus as their Lord and Savior. Amen.
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE: "O righteous God, who searches minds and hearts, bring to an end the violence of the wicked and make the righteous secure." (Psalm 7:9)
1. War in Georgia: The Israeli connection - Ynet News
The fighting which broke out over the weekend between Russia and Georgia has brought Israel's intensive involvement in the region into the limelight. This involvement includes the sale of advanced weapons to Georgia and the training of the Georgian army's infantry forces.
2. 'Palestinians might demand citizenship' - Jerusalem Post
"If Israel continues to reject our propositions regarding the borders [of a future Palestinian state], we might demand Israeli citizenship," top Palestinian negotiator Ahmed Qurei (Abu Ala) was quoted by Reuters as saying overnight Sunday.
3. PA orders Hamas-linked charities closed - Jerusalem Post
Two schools for needy children and two other West Bank charities have been ordered closed by Palestinian intelligence agents because of suspected ties to Hamas, school staff and human rights activists said Sunday.
4. Egypt discovers 20 tunnels, oil pipeline to Gaza - World Tribune
Israel and the United States have submitted a plan to tighten security on the notoriously porous border between Egypt and the Gaza Strip.
Taliban; Al Qaeda May Control Pakistani Nukes
A new front in the war on terror is emerging faster than you can say "democracy."
In yet another confirmation that democracy will not work in militant Islamic states, the elected government of Pakistan has announced it will impeach America's staunchest ally in the war on terror--embattled Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf. At stake for the terrorist Taliban and al Qaeda in Pakistan are nuclear weapons under the protection of Musharraf's loyalist army. The ousting of Musharraf will weaken control over the nukes and provide an opportunity for nuclear weapons to fall into the hands of terrorists.
The leaders of Pakistan's two main political parties, who are drawing up charges against the President, will formally request that Musharraf step down or face impeachment. Musharraf, a dictator before the recent election orchestrated by the Bush Administration to continue its nation-building program under democracy, has continued to lose power since the election. The two parties--the Pakistan People's Party and the Pakistan Muslim League--have taken action to include the Taliban and al Qaeda in discussions about the future of the nuclear armed nation. The latest news not only spells trouble for Musharraf, but also for the non-Muslim world.
On July 28th, President Bush met with the Prime Minister of Pakistan at the White House. Since then, the CIA has leaked that Pakistan's premier spy agency, the powerful Inter-Services Intelligence or ISI, is working with Taliban terrorists and had helped Islamic terrorists bomb the Indian Embassy in Afghanistan on July 7th. At first the Pakistani government denied the accusation, but has since conceded that the ISI was involved. The U.S. has further alleged that the ISI has funded, supported and trained Taliban terrorists. If these allegations are true, and they probably are, U.S. taxpayers' money has likely gone to train terrorists that are killing American soldiers in Afghanistan.
This is just the latest example of how democracy and Islam do not mix; of how Islamists cannot be trusted with American money, military training, and equipment; of how Islam deceives in order to advance its own cause; and how the Bush Administration, the Democratic Party, and the State Department have played and lost a high stakes game of deception and mistrust at the hands of so-called Islamic allies. And the consequences are dire--nuclear weapons could soon fall under the control of the Taliban and Osama bin Laden. Psalm 20:7 says, "Some trust in chariots, and some in horses, but we will remember the name of the Lord." The wisdom in God's word is stronger than nuclear bombs--its time for our leaders to understand this.
Word of Life Ministrywww.dailyjot.com
Islamic Interests to Buy Foreclosed Properties
Islamic Sovereign Wealth Funds Poised With Billions To Buy US Foreclosed and Distressed Property
A cataclysmic storm is brewing over the United States as inflated oil prices meet the colossal mortgage crisis. For American citizens high oil prices have eroded disposable income through record gasoline prices, increased food prices, skyrocketing utilities as well as housing deflation that has helped create record home foreclosures. This phenomena is a growing threat to the national security and sovereignty of the US. The hundreds of billions of dollars caught up as windfall profit for Arab Islamic oil barons is soon to be used to buy distressed and foreclosed property from the very Americans that the run up in oil has exploited.
Islamic colonization of the US will escalate as cash rich Arab sovereign wealth funds begin buying up American real estate. For example, the Financial Times reported on August 6 that the CEO of the $875 billion Abu Dhabi sovereign wealth fund sees the situation in America as a "defining moment" for investment in US real estate. The New York Post reports that another Arab sovereign wealth fund, armed with some $29 billion, has hired consultants and brokers to search out single and multi-family homes and homes that are already under foreclosure. The fund, which remains anonymous at present, is poised to launch its strategy in just weeks.
Not only is the purchase of American real estate by Islamists a threat to national security, but also the possible imposition of Islamic Sharia law on anyone who would rent or use the services of Islamic owned real estate or credit. In March, the U.S. Treasury Department scrambled to secure agreements with Islamic nations over their bid to take huge ownership positions in America's largest financial institutions. The agreements sought to allay concerns over Islamic nations using their financial muscle to impose Sharia law over U.S.-owned businesses and properties.
Throughout the Old Testament when God's people were rebellious and disobedient judgment came in the form of invasion or colonization. Over 50 million babies aborted since 1973, limits on prayer through separation of church and state, homosexual rights and marriage, pornography protected as free speech, Biblical truth held as hate speech, electing immoral leadership--are all ways that this nation has turned its back on God. America looks a lot like ancient Babylon where the Lord pronounced judgment in Jeremiah 51:14, "Surely, I will fill you with men, as with locusts; and they shall raise a battle cry against you." Islam is taking root in America, and we are about to willingly sell our inheritance.
Word of Life Ministry www.dailyjot.com