1. Intelligence Report: Al Qaeda Renewing Efforts to Sneak Operatives Into U.S. - Fox News
.. "by Your Mercy, oh Lord, may it NEVER happen again."
Al Qaeda is stepping up its efforts to sneak terror operatives into the United States and has acquired most of the capabilities it needs to strike here, according to a new U.S. intelligence assessment, The Associated Press has learned.
· Continue to pray for God's protection over our airports, our seaports, our borders, our highways to prevent any intrusion of Al Qaeda into our nation. Pray for discernment of loyal American citizens to note and report to the FBI any suspicious behaviors related to terrorist activity. Stand in the gap and pray repentence for America's sins so that God may bless us.
· "The Lord their God will save them in that day as the flock of His people: for they shall be like the jewels of a crown, lifted like a banner over His land." (Zechariah 9:15)
2. House Votes to Bring Troops Home - CBN News
The House of Representatives voted Thursday to withdraw U.S. troops from Iraq by spring 2008. The vote, mostly along party lines, was 223 to 201.
· Pray that the Senate will have more wisdom than to vote to bring our troops home from Iraq at this time, for such a move gives victory to our enemies, promotes genocide for the Iraqis who have helped our troops, and leaves Israel without a defender in the Middle East. In prayer bring down this stronghold that wants to rob our President of his authority.
· "But the Lord is with me as a mighty terrible one: therefore, my persecutors shall stumble, and they shall not prevail: they shall be greatly ashamed; for they shall not prosper: their everlasting confusion shall never be forgotten." (Jeremiah 20:11)
3. Senate Agrees to $50-Million Bin Laden Reward - CNSNews.com
The U.S. Senate voted overwhelmingly Friday to increase the reward for Osama bin Laden's capture, or for information leading to his capture, to $50 million. The increase would be mandated by an amendment to a pending Defense Department authorizations bill.
· Pray that this initiative meets with SUCCESS.
· "He reveals the deep things of darkness and brings deep shadows into the light." (Job 12:22)
4. Rice Encouraged On North Korea Nuclear Progress - Fox News
U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice expressed cautious optimism Thursday that North Korea would stick to a deal to dismantle its nuclear weapons program. 'I do believe that the North Koreans will shut down the reactor. They say that they have made a strategic choice to get rid of their nuclear weapons programs,' she said in an interview with Fox News.
· Offer praise for this good report. Keep praying!
· "The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." (James 5:16)
5. PM Olmert: PM Olmert: Syria's Assad wants talks, but only with Washington - Ha'aretz
Prime Minister Ehud Olmert met Wednesday in Tel Aviv with ambassadors of European Union countries to Israel, a gathering that in great part focused on Syria and the possibility of a renewal of peace talks. Secretary of State Rice and Secretary of Defense Gates are to travel to Middle East in August.
· Does Syria think that it can gain more by talking with the USA than by talking with Israel? Are such talks part of a "peace" game that that Syria thinks that it can play? Please begin to pray over the planned talks in August. Pray that God reveals to President Bush that He is more concerned about Israel than He is about any "peace" talks.
· "For the mountains shall depart, and the hillls removed: but My kindnesses shall not depart from thee [Israel] ; neither shall My covenant of peace be removed, saith the Lord that hath mercy on thee [Israel]." (Isaiah 54:10)
6. Rice postpones Israel visit - ICEJ News
United States Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice has canceled her visit to Israel and the Palestinian territories, which was planned for next week, The Jerusalem Post reports. US President George W. Bush announced that Rice and Secretary of Defense Robert Gates will travel to the Middle East in August. Rice was due to meet with Prime Minister Ehud Olmert in Jerusalem and with Palestinian Authority Chairman Mahmoud Abbas in the West Bank. The secretary of state also plans to meet with Egyptian intelligence head Omar Suleiman.
· Perhaps this revised schedule is a sign that plans for a proposed two-state solution are being revised, too! Now that the Jerusalem Post has declared that the Road Map is dead, it is time to seek the Lord for HIS plan for peace in Israel and in the Middle East. Pray that Ms. Rice, President Bush and all of his advisors would do exactly that! It's not too late to change direction . . .
· "Call upon ME and I will show you great and mighty things that you know not." (Jer. 33:3)