This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." (Isaiah 41:10)
1. Hundreds of Syrian missiles poised for possible first strike against Israel - World Tribune
Despite appeals by United States, Syria has maintained its forward ballistic missile positions near Israel. Israeli military sources said the Syrian military has positioned its Scud C and Scud D ballistic missile batteries in southern Syria. The sources said the missile batteries have maintained full combat readiness and could be launched at any time.
· Syria seems so submitted to the agendas of Iran and Russia that common sense cannot prevail and no attention is given to the needs of the Syrian citizens who are so repressed that American poverty looks like wealth. This is the Baathist regime that has power in Syria, but remember that Syria is the first nation where the gospel of Jesus Christ was spread under Paul. Call forth the Christian seed planted so long ago in Syria that it may spring forth and choke out this weed of deception and repression. Continuously pray for the safety of Israel. · "And I will kindle a fire in the wall of Damascus, and it shall consume the palaces of Ben-Hadad." (Jeremiah 49:27)
2. Abbas says he hopes to reach peace agreement with Israel in less than a year - Ynet News
Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas said Thursday he hopes to reach a final peace agreement with Israel in a year or less, and that he is encouraged by Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert's plan to put together a joint declaration on the terms of Palestinian statehood.
3. Future of Israel lies in Negev, Galilee, says Rice - Ynet News
In an interview with the Alhurra television station, a US- funded Arabic-language satellite network, Rice also pledged that she and President George W Bush will "give every ounce of our energy to try and help to move forward on the two-state solution to establish the Palestinian state. I can't tell you that it will all be done when we are finished here, but I can tell you that there will be a Palestinian state."
4. US to fund defense systems for Israel - Ynet News
The 2008 budget for the US Department of Defense includes the allocation of tens of millions of dollars for Israel to either independently develop or purchase existing defense systems to counter possible ballistic rocket attacks.
5. IDF kills Gaza Islamic Jihad chief - Jerusalem Post
Two days after surviving an Israeli attempt on his life, a senior Islamic Jihad commander was killed in Gaza City on Thursday - along with two other terrorists - in an IAF strike on his car.