This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." (Isaiah 41:10)
1. Olmert plans talks with Abbas over Palestinian state - Jerusalem Post
Eagerly seeking to restart long-stalled peace talks, Prime Minister Ehud Olmert said Wednesday that he plans to hold negotiations with Palestinian Authority Chairman Mahmoud Abbas on the formation of a future Palestinian state.
2. Arab League delegation arrives in Israel to extend 'hand of peace' - Int'l Herald Tribune
In the first time that a delegation from the Arab League has been sent to Israel, the foreign ministers of Egypt and Jordan visited here Wednesday to promote the league's peace initiative.
3. King Abdullah presses Bush on Middle East peace - Ynet News
President George W. Bush on Tuesday met privately with Jordan's King Abdullah who pressed him to intensify US efforts to jump-start peace negotiations between Israelis and Palestinians. Abdullah said Israel must prove its earnestness by making goodwill gestures, dismantling settlements and easing restrictions on Palestinians.
4. Israel authorizes transfer of 1,000 rifles to PA forces - Ha'aretz
Israel authorized the transfer of 1,000 rifles from Jordan to the security forces of the Palestinian Authority in the West Bank, Israeli and Palestinian security sources confirmed to Haaretz Wednesday night.
5. Hamas releases document linking Abbas to kidnappings - World Tribune
Aides of Palestinian Authority Chairman Mahmoud Abbas were involved in and encouraged abductions of Westerners in the Gaza Strip, according to a document released by Hamas.
6. Ahmadinejad: West must accept nuclear program - Jerusalem Post
President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said Wednesday that the West must accept Iran's right to pursue a nuclear program and voiced confidence that the outcome of Tehran's controversy with the international community over the disputed issue would be positive.
7. Lebanon army on 'final assault' - CNN
Lebanese troops advanced towards fortified positions of Islamist militants at a Palestinian refugee camp on Wednesday in what political sources said was the start of a final assault to root out the gunmen.