The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
“Therefore the Lord says, The LORD of hosts, the Mighty One of Israel, ‘Ah, I will rid Myself of My adversaries, and take vengeance on My enemies.’” (Isaiah 1:24)
1. Report: Kadima says PM resignation possible - Jerusalem Post
Sources in Kadima said Tuesday that the party should prepare for the possibility that Prime Minister Ehud Olmert will be forced to resign from his position.
2. UN experts: Mugrabi Gate dig meets international standards - Ha'aretz
Israel's excavation work at the Mugrabi Gate in the Old City of Jerusalem is being carried out in accordance with international standards, according to the report drafted by a team of UNESCO experts who came to Jerusalem to expect the controversial dig.
3. Shin Bet chief warns of record Gaza arms build- up - Ynet News
Shin Bet chief Yuval Diskin on Tuesday warned of the dangers of an unprecedented arms build-up in the Gaza Strip, estimating that terror groups there smuggled huge quantities of explosives from Egypt last year.
4. War in Gaza after Passover - Bridges for Peace
Speaking on March 7 to reporters near the Kerem Shalom crossing, retired Brigadier General Tzivika Fogel, former chief-of-staff for the Southern Command, said that a war against the Palestinians in Gaza is “unavoidable” and that it will take place sometime between April 15 and May 15.
He envisions a surprise attack of combined air and ground forces involving at least three regular IDF [Israel Defense Forces] divisions plus a reserve division in order to “clean out” the terror infrastructure in the Gaza Strip. Fogel says that it will be necessary to enter the refugee camps, the prime recruiting grounds for the various Palestinian terror organizations, but that the IDF should stay out of Gaza City.
• Declare that God is the Lord of Hosts and the Mighty One of Israel. Pray that, if this is to be, God will give Israel’s military and political leaders His strategy and that His goals will be fulfilled.
• “Therefore the Lord says, The LORD of hosts, the Mighty One of Israel, ‘Ah, I will rid Myself of My adversaries, and take vengeance on My enemies.’” (Isaiah 1:24)
5. Al-Qaida Warns Of Attacks In Spain, Germany, Austria - All Headline News
An Iraqi branch of the international terrorist network Al- Qaida on Monday issued a video posted over the Internet, warning of fresh attacks on targets in Spain, Germany and Austria. A hooded man appeared on the video aired on Voice of the Caliphate web site, saying that the attacks will be launched in retaliation to the three country's military support to the U.S. in the war in Afghanistan.
• Thank You, Lord, that You have taught us that violence never brings success, only death to those who perpetrate it. May Al-Qaida be softened to listen to You however You choose to witness to them for their salvation and Your Glory! • "The violence of the wicked will destroy them, because they refuse to do justice." (Proverbs 21:7 NKJV)