Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Monday, June 26, 2017
"Praying for All in Authority"
Monday, June 26, 2017
"They shall speak of the glory of Thy kingdom, and talk of Thy power." (Psalm 145:11)
To help sustain our work, please go here. Thank you!
"Standing Together as One . . . Under the Cross of Christ"
Focus on Israel
1. IDF strikes Syrian targets in response to Golan crossfire - Jerusalem Post
Israel will not tolerate any violation of its security on any front, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Saturday shortly after the IDF retaliated against Syria for the firing of 10 projectiles onto the Golan Heights.
"With the IDF action today, we are making our policy clear again," Netanyahu said. "We are not willing to accept any 'drizzle' [of fire] or 'spillover' on any front. We will react with force to any firing on our territory."
According to Arab media sources, the IDF attack reportedly left two Syrian Army soldiers dead after Israeli Air Force jets struck tanks belonging to the regime of President Bashar Assad. It also hit another position from which one of the projectiles was fired on the Golan. (Read more)
2. Netanyahu warns Iran over Syria involvement after Golan exchange - Jerusalem Post
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu warned Iran on Sunday that Israel "views gravely" its attempts to set up a military presence in Syria and to arm Hezbollah with advanced weaponry via Syria and Lebanon.
His comments at the weekly cabinet meeting came a day after the IDF responded to mortar fire from Syria by attacking Syrian army targets across the border. (Read more)
3. Amid Hezbollah threats, Israel said to warn Iran against arming group - Times of Israel
Israel has reportedly sent messages to Iran via Europe warning it against continuing to expand Hezbollah's warfighting capabilities against Israel in southern Lebanon.
According to Hebrew-language reports, Israel has been speaking to friendly nations who also have diplomatic relations with Tehran, asking them to convey to the Islamic Republic that Jerusalem "will not tolerate" the continued arming of the southern Lebanese terror group and Iranian proxy.
The reports cited a European diplomatic source. (Read more)
4. Iranian regime-linked media claims Israeli F16s are in Saudi Arabia - Times of Israel
regime-linked Iranian news agency claimed Thursday that Israel has sent fighter jets to Saudi Arabia to help the new Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman stave off a possible coup by ousted ex-crown prince Mohammed bin Nayef.
The startling claim - which was not sourced, not even anonymously, came in an article in the semi-official Fars News Agency. The piece, dramatically headlined "18 Israeli Fighter Jets Deployed in S. Arabia to Prevent Coup," also makes other rather dramatic assertions, including that bin Salman bribed US President Donald Trump to the tune of $56 million, and that Riyadh has paid the US "several trillion dollars to protect its crown."
The Israeli squadron now allegedly parked in Saudi territory includes 18 combat jets, according to Fars, among them "F16I, F15CD and F16CD, along with two Gulfstream aircraft, two tanker airplanes and two C130 planes, special for electronic warfare." The planes landed Thursday, Fars said. (Read more)
5. Millions attend anti-Israel al-Quds Day rallies in Iran - Israel Hayom
Iran staged anti-Israel rallies across the country on Friday, with protesters condemning Israel's "occupation of Palestinian territories" and chanting "Death to Israel" as the powerful Revolutionary Guard displayed its ballistic missiles, including the type used this week in Syria.
According to a number of Iranian media outlets, millions of Iranians took to the streets to mark the annual event on Friday.
Marchers in Tehran headed from various points of the city toward the Friday prayer ceremony at Tehran University campus grounds. Protesters burned the Israeli flag and effigies of Israeli leaders. (Read more)
6. Israel Prayer Update - Bridges for Peace
To read this alert, go here.
7. Israel Furious as UN Set to Host "50 Years of Israeli Occupation" Event - Bridges for Peace
Israel is gearing up to push back against a conference being hosted next week by the UN in the organization's New York headquarters to mark what it describes as the "anniversary of the Israeli occupation." According to a report by the Ministry for Strategic Affairs, headed by Minister Gilad Erdan, several BDS [Boycott, Divestment, Sanctions] and anti-Israel organizations will be taking part in the conference, which in the past has undertaken efforts to implement a series of hostile measures against Israeli officials. Read More
8. Israel and Jordan Intensify Cooperation as Iran Tightens Grip on Southern Syria- Bridges for Peace
Israel and Jordan have intensified diplomatic relations over the last weeks as a response to the changing situation on the ground in Syria and Iraq, Haaretz reported Wednesday. The two countries have noted with growing concern the renewed strength of the Assad regime in southern Syria, particularly in regards to the role played by Iran. Read More
9. New Technology Reveals First Temple-Era Inscription Reaffirming Jewish Ties to Israel - Bridges for Peace
Previously unseen Hebrew writing from the First Temple-era that reaffirms a historical Jewish connection to Israel has been discovered on pottery from almost 3,000 years ago, The Times of Israel reported Wednesday. The ink-on-clay piece of pottery, called an ostracon, was originally discovered in the 1960s in the city of Arad, near the Negev Desert.Read More
The Daily Brief
Every prayer below is presented to our Lord in the Name of Jesus Christ, amen.
1. Supreme Court: Will Justice Kennedy retire this month? - Fox News
The Supreme Court's term ends next week with growing speculation that Justice Anthony Kennedy--the panel's most pivotal member--may retire at age 80 after 29 years on the court. Action is expected on President Trump's travel ban before the court's long summer break but the biggest news of all would be if Kennedy were to use the court's last public session on Monday to announce his retirement, the Associated Press reported Saturday.
Kennedy has played an important role as the court's swing vote on many important rulings. His departure would allow conservatives to wrest near total control of the bench for the foreseeable future. (Read more)
- Father God, we leave this critical matter entirely in Your hands. When, and if, Justice Kennedy or any other of the Supreme Court justices choose to stand down, we even now pray and agree that the next justice will be only the man or woman of Your choosing. We await this news later today, in Your name, amen.
- "Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven." (Matthew 18:19)
2. Dean Heller of Nevada becomes fifth GOP senator to come out against health-care bill - Washington Post
Sen. Dean Heller (R-Nev.) said Friday that he cannot support Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell's health-care bill without changes to it, becoming the fifth GOP senator to take that position since the bill was released on Thursday. Heller, who is up for reelection in 2018, has expressed concerns about the way the measure addresses the future of Medicaid. The proposal would impose long-term federal spending cuts on the program.
"I cannot support a piece of legislation that takes away insurance from tens of millions of Americans and hundreds of thousands of Nevadans," Heller said in a news conference held in his home state.
Heller's comments came the day after four conservative senators issued a joint statement saying they cannot support the bill unless it is changed. Three of them said they worried it does not go far enough in repealing the ACA, known as Obamacare. A fourth said he worried the process was rushed. Those senators are Ted Cruz of Texas; Ron Johnson of Wisconsin; Rand Paul of Kentucky; and Mike Lee of Utah.
McConnell (R-Ky.) cannot pass the bill if he loses more than two Republican votes. The GOP holds a 52-48 advantage over Democrats in the Senate, with Vice President Pence standing ready to break ties in the GOP's favor. (Read more)
- Father, we pray in the Spirit over this healthcare bill. We decree Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done over this legislation. May this be a blessing to all people, in Jesus Name. May our lawmakers do what's right because it's right, and to the benefit of all people.
- "I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people- 2 for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness." (1 Timothy 2:1,2)
3. Nebraska Democrat caught on tape criticizing Rep. Steve Scalise: 'I'm glad he got shot' - Washington Post
A Nebraska Democratic official has been removed Thursday from his chairman post after recordings emerged in which he said he was glad that House Majority Whip Steve Scalise (R-La.) was shot and that he wished he had died. In the recording, Phil Montag, who was the volunteer co-chairman of the Nebraska Democratic Party's technology committee, criticized Scalise by saying "his whole job is to convince Republicans to (expletive) kick people off (expletive) health care." "I'm glad he got shot. I wish he was (expletive) dead."
The recording was posted on YouTube and other sites. Nebraska Democratic Party Chair Jane Kleeb told The Washington Post that she learned about the recording Thursday from the World-Herald, and that she immediately emailed Montag to tell him he was being removed from his position.
"I've been in politics and community organizations for the past 20 years," Kleeb said. "I've seen political rhetoric get heated, especially during the George W. Bush times, but we have reached a completely different level in our country now, and it is terrifying, and it is scary, and it just has to end." (Read more)
- Father God, we agree with the statement of Ms. Kleeb: this has to stop. We ask that You would move upon the authorities in the State of Nebraska to hold Phil Montag accountable for his actions, and that others would now regain their senses, returning to civil discourse in our public square, in Your Name, amen.
- "Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us." (1 John 5:14)
4. Bi-partisan Lawmakers Push for "National Day of Civility" - Breaking Christian News
Rep. Charlie Crist, D-Florida. crossed party lines to join Rep. Mike Johnson, R-Louisiana, in announcing the initiative. "It is obviously we need to be kinder; we need to be nicer," Crist said.
The push for civility among lawmakers follows the attack last week at congressional baseball practice in which four people were shot, including House Majority Whip Steve Scalise, R-Louisiana. "It has shaken Washington," Johnson said.
Crist and Johnson handed out wristbands to all members of Congress pushing the creation of a "National Day of Civility." "We all committed to change the tone and work together to be agreeable even when we disagree," Johnson said. Crist echoed that sentiment, saying, "Words do matter. How we treat each other does matter."
Thursday was the first step for the new legislation as lawmakers plan to discuss the matter further on the House floor. (Read more)
- Father, this news follows in the wake of what has just happened in Nebraska. We ask that You would cause the members of Congress to give serious and immediate attention to this pending bill, and to pass it as soon as possible. In Your name, amen and amen.
- "Ask, and it shall be given you . . ." (Matthew 7:7)
5. Senate announces probe of Loretta Lynch behavior in 2016 election - Washington Times
The Senate Judiciary Committee has opened a probe into former Attorney General Loretta Lynch's efforts to shape the FBI's investigation into 2016 Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton, the committee's chairman announced Friday. In a letter to Ms. Lynch, the committee asks her to detail the depths of her involvement in the FBI's investigation, including whether she ever assured Clinton confidantes that the probe wouldn't "push too deeply into the matter."
Fired FBI Director James B. Comey has said publicly that Ms. Lynch tried to shape the way he talked about the investigation into Mrs. Clinton's emails, and he also hinted at other behavior "which I cannot talk about yet" that made him worried about Ms. Lynch's ability to make impartial decisions. Mr. Comey said that was one reason why he took it upon himself to buck Justice Department tradition and reveal his findings about Mrs. Clinton last year.
The probe into Ms. Lynch comes as the Judiciary Committee is already looking at President Trump's firing of Mr. Comey.
Sen. Charles E. Grassley, chairman of the committee, said the investigation is bipartisan. The letter to Ms. Lynch is signed by ranking Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein and also by Sens. Lindsey Graham and Sheldon Whitehouse, the chairman and ranking member of the key investigative subcommittee. (Read more)
- Father, we pray that truth be revealed around Loretta Lynch's actions in all aspects of her job as Attorney General. Shed Your light on any wrongdoing. We pray all of this be done quickly, and all evidence brought forth in unexpected ways.
- "For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known and brought out into the open." (Luke 8:17)
6. DOE Gets Failing Grade for So-called Transgender Student Memo - Liberty Counsel
The U.S. Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights (OCR) has issued a memo to public schools and teachers explaining that refusal to refer to so-called transgender students by their preferred pronoun or name could be grounds for an investigation. The OCR recently issued an internal memo "to explain the effects of developments on the enforcement of Title IX" regarding complaints involving so-called transgender students.
The memo, written by acting assistant secretary for civil rights Candice Jackson, lists several reasons why OCR investigators would assert "subject matter jurisdiction over and open [a case] for investigation." For example, a school's failure to quickly resolve a so-called transgender student's complaint of sex discrimination or treating a student different because of his or her failure to conform to "stereotyped notions of masculinity or femininity."
That list also includes "refusing to use a transgender student's preferred name or pronouns when the school uses preferred names for gender-conforming students or when the refusal is motivated by animus toward people who do not conform to sex stereotypes." An investigation could be conducted if there is failure to assess whether sexual harassment or gender-based harassment of a "transgender student created a hostile environment." However, not included on the list of reasons for an investigation is the act of denying so-called transgender students the right to use bathrooms and locker rooms consistent with their subjective gender.
"Title IX does not require a school district or teacher to call students by false gender pronouns," said Mat Staver, Founder and Chairman of Liberty Counsel. "Title IX is silent regarding the use of pronouns, and it cannot be a violation to refer to students by pronouns consistent with their actual sex. Requiring false pronoun usage by teachers is a compelled speech violation for teachers and compelling students to participate in a lie violates their right to free speech. I thought we had seen the last of this nonsense coming out of the Department of Education. I call upon Betsy DeVos to end this new policy," said Staver. (Read more)
- Precious Lord, we do not come into agreement with this stated policy of lying to be politically correct in the case of so-called "transgender" students. We agree with Liberty Counsel in calling for Betsy DeVos to end to this bizarre and perverted policy to affirm sin and dysfunction. We pray for many to be healed of this deception as the education establishment has the scales fall off their eyes. Oh, Lord, work among Your people and work on behalf of the American educational system.
- "See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary principles of the world, rather than according to Christ." (Colossians 2:8)
7. Charges Dropped Against Undercover Activists Who Exposed Planned Parenthood in California - Christian Post
Fourteen felony charges that were filed in California against undercover investigative pro-life activists who exposed Planned Parenthood's selling of fetal body parts to biotech firms and other practices have been dismissed. The San Francisco Superior Court threw out 14 out of 15 criminal counts against David Daleiden and Sandra Merritt of The Center for Medical Progress on Wednesday, ruling them "legally insufficient," according to LifeNews.
Those 14 charges were related to 14 separate Planned Parenthood officials and abortion advocates the pair was said to have illegally recorded during their undercover conversations with them. These conversations often included grisly descriptions of abortion procedures and methods the doctors employed to harvest the desired body parts like livers and brains as well talk of the money that could be made from selling those organs.
The pair remains charged with one count of conspiracy to invade privacy.
California Attorney General Xavier Becerra filed the charges in March in a move many pro-lifers saw as an attempt to draw attention away from Planned Parenthood's shady dealings. His decision to prosecute them was even criticized by liberal publications like the Los Angeles Times who, although supportive of Planned Parenthood, called his actions in an editorial "disturbingly aggressive" and "misplaced."
The San Francisco court dismissed the charges with leave to amend, which means that they could be re-filed if Becerra chooses to do so. Judge Christopher Hite gave the attorney general until mid-July to issue a revised complaint. (Read more)
- Father, we thank You for this ruling, but we do hold before You the remaining charges of "invasion of privacy" that this, too, will be dropped. We pray for justice for David Daleiden and Sandra Merritt now, and always, in Your name, amen.
- "My defense is of God, Who saves the upright in heart." (Psalm 7:10)
8. United Methodist Conference Faces 'Unprecedented Financial Crisis' After Election of Lesbian Bishop - Christian Post
A United Methodist Church regional body says it's been experiencing an "unprecedented financial crisis" since the election of a married lesbian as bishop. Yellowstone Annual Conference, a part of the UMC Mountain Sky Area, released a report earlier this month which noted that they've experienced an "unprecedented level of deficit that could end normal operations of the conference."
The report went on to state that lesbian Karen Oliveto's election as bishop "is only one of many factors," adding that "death and loss of significant givers" among local churches is another. (Read more)
- Father, we pray for the United Methodist Church. Open their eyes to see Your wisdom from Your Word.
- "You have eyes -- can't you see? You have ears -- can't you hear? Don't you remember anything at all? " (Mark 8:18)
9. Trump DHS chief pushes 'terrorists corrupting Islam' line - WND
Despite signs that the new Trump administration intends to reform a politically correct national security policy, euphemistically called Countering Violent Extremism, and begin naming the enemy, the rhetoric of Department of Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly suggests the government's fundamental assumptions about the threat haven't changed.
Kelly told the House Homeland Security Committee Thursday that the perpetrators of attacks during the Islamic month of Ramadan have "corrupted" Islam, and he suggested Christian and Jewish beliefs are also causing terrorism, Breitbart reported.
"As far as Ramadan goes, you know, first of all, the uptick in violence and activities is done by a very, very small percentage of people who have just corrupted the whole concept of Islam as a religion; but it is what it is," Kelly told the chairman of the committee, Rep. Michael McCaul, R-Texas.
On his Jihad Watch website, Robert Spencer summarized the DHS chief's response: "More denial and willful ignorance from the administration that promised to drain the swamp." (Read more)
- Father God, we are appalled at the continued policy of the previous administration in using euphemisms and living in denial to handle the threat of Moslem terrorists. We pray that Your hand would remove the scales from the eyes of public officials to see the truth. We pray that where persons in government have been pressured by Islamic activists to cover for terrorist activities and excuse them, that You would come behind them with the truth that everyone knows already. In the name of Jesus, we come against the lie that all religions are equally violent. We bind up this politically correct line of thinking and loose a spirit of truth upon our government agencies.
- "You boast, 'We have entered into a covenant with death, with the realm of the dead we have made an agreement. When an overwhelming scourge sweeps by, it cannot touch us, for we have made a lie our refuge and falsehood our hiding place.'" (Isaiah 28:15)
10. Number of refugees admitted in US drops by 50 percent under Trump - Fox News
The number of refugees who entered the U.S. during President Trump's first three months compared to the last months of President Obama's term was cut nearly in half, according to statistics released Friday by the Department of Homeland Security.
According to the statistics, a total of 13,000 refugees were admitted to the U.S. in the past three months, compared to 25,000 under Obama, The Los Angeles Times reported. The most popular countries of origins remained the same: Democratic Republic of the Congo, Syria, Iraq, Somalia and Myanmar.
Obama set the ceiling of 110,000 refugee arrivals across the U.S. President Trump cut that number to 50,000 this year. Congress has approved a budget for only 75,000 for this fiscal year. A U.S. State Department spokesman said the country is now resettling 900 refugee arrivals weekly, to remain within that budget. (Read more)
- Father, thank You for this decrease of refugees entering the U.S. Give our government officials vigilance on vetting refugees as they enter our country. Thank You for Your protection over us as a nation.
- "I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makes me dwell in safety." (Psalm 4:8)
11. US-led coalition building global jihadist database, envoy reveals - Times of Israel
The US-led coalition battling the Islamic State group is building a database of foreign fighters to track jihadists returning from Iraq and Syria when they come home, a senior US official said Thursday. Brett McGurk, the White House envoy to the anti-IS coalition, told an Israeli security conference that the effort aimed to help prevent attacks like those recently carried out in Europe.
"Our coalition is building a global database of foreign fighters, through information-sharing networks and Interpol, to ensure that anyone who fought with ISIS in Syria and Iraq can be identified in either routine traffic stops, border entry points or in the course of routine police work," McGurk said. (Read more)
- O Lord, we pray that those with intent to bring injury and death would be intercepted and prevented from carrying out their evil plans. Thank You for the willingness to share information through this global database. Amen.
- "Let the evil of the wicked come to an end, but establish the righteous. For you are the righteous God who discerns the inner thoughts." (Psalm 7:9)
12. Russian jet buzzes US recon jet: Pictures released of 'unsafe' incident - Fox News
Striking photos released Friday show just how dangerously close a Russian fighter jet came to a U.S. Air Force reconnaissance aircraft in a Monday interaction deemed "provocative" by a U.S. official.
The images show the Russian SU-27 coming within five feet of the wing of the U.S. RC-135U -- so close the Russian pilot can be seen in the cockpit in some images. After it flew alongside, the Russian jet was "provocative" in its flight maneuvers and flying "erratically," an official told Fox News.
U.S. European Command released the stunning photos of the Baltic Sea encounter. (Read more)
- Father God, we appeal to You to put a damper on the ambitious Russian Bear! We pray that You would send angelic hosts to accompany each military plane and ship so that rogue and ambitious countries would not dare to challenge our military. We pray that they will know that the very God of the Universe is protecting our service people. Right now, in the name of Jesus, we speak divine protection over our pilots who have suffered threatening and scary actions lately. May our military rise up and openly call on You for safety and may the enemies of our country look with fear upon any plans to be reckless around us.
- "He only is my rock and my salvation; He is my defense; I shall not be greatly moved." (Psalm 62:2)
The Daily Jot
Friday, June 23, 2017
The self destructive nature of evil
The Bible says in Proverbs 18:21, "Death and life are in the power of the tongue." James compared the tongue among the members that defile the whole body and in James 3:2 said, "But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison." Jesus said in Matthew 12:36-37, "But I say unto you, that every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. For by your words you shall be justified, and by your words you shall be condemned." It is from this perspective that we as Christians should view the current visceral national rhetoric. Words mean things and mean words have legs that, as James said, set the course of nature on fire-a fire of hell.
There are many examples of this vulgarity that has overtaken our nation. Madonna after the inauguration said, "Yes, I have thought an awful lot about blowing up the White House." Ashley Judd suggested that Trump and his daughter Ivanka had incestual relations in a vulgar tyraid. Michael Moore said that Trump was mentally ill and that he agreed with "progressive" congressman John L. Lewis (D-GA) that Trump was not a legitimate president. Communist Senator Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) said, "I hope they (Republicans) leave their bodies to science. I would like to cut them open." These words have set the stage for violent acts against conservatives, Christians and supporters of the President.
And it hasn't stopped with the loss of four special elections. Last night, Johnny Depp said, "I think Trump needs help. There are a lot of dark places he could go. I'm not insinuating anything-by the way this will be in the press and it will be horrible-but when was the last time an actor assassinated a president?" Angry over Trump hoaxing the media about whether there were tapes of conversations between he and fired FBI Directory James Comey, Elise Jordan on MSNBC said, "My advice would just be to Republicans who do cozy up to him-it's like hugging a suicide bomber." The inference of death-beheading Trump (Kathy Griffin), the assasination play in New York, and these words-stir emotions of hate.
And it's the kind of hate that cause people like James Hodgkinson to go off the deep end and try to assassinate conservative congressmen. The Daily Caller has documented 35 known attacks by liberals on conservatives since July 2016. Townhall documented 20 liberals who called for violence AFTER Hodgkinson opened fire on Republican Congressmen. Names included: Bill Maher, Montel Williams, members of the media, including Washington Post, New York Daily News, Daily Kos, Villiage Voice, and several elected officials. The Washington Free Beacon assembled a list of 30 Conservative Congressmen who have been attacked or have had death threats since MAY 8. These are just a handful of examples you can use in your discussions of how the mean words are inspiring violence. Words mean things.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
More Daily Features
The Persecuted Church
"Remember the prisoners, as though in prison with them, and those who are ill-treated, since you yourselves also are in the body." (Hebrews 13:3)
Please visit the website for International Christian Concern to lift up prayers for the persecuted around the world, every day. Their link is: www.persecution.org -- or go here to connect. Thank you for interceding for our brothers and sisters who are suffering in Asia, the Islamic World, and the Far East.
JESUS LOVES ME
"I pray that you . . . may have power . . . to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ." (Ephesians 3:17-18)
JESUS LOVES ME
"I pray that you . . . may have power . . . to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ." (Ephesians 3:17-18)
Today's hymn is dedicated to all the children in our land who are now enjoying their summer vacations. May each one feel the loving touch of The Master's Hand during their time at play. Amen!
Jesus loves me-this I know,
For the Bible tells me so;
Little ones to Him belong-
They are weak, but He is strong.
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
The Bible tells me so!
Jesus loves me-He who died
Heaven's gate to open wide;
He will wash away my sin,
Let His little child come in.
Jesus loves me-loves me still,
Though I'm very weak and ill;
From His shining throne on high
Comes to watch me where I lie.
Jesus loves me-He will stay
Close beside me all the way,
Then His little child will take
Up to Heaven for His dear sake.
About the Author:
Anna B. Warner, 1860
Music: William B. Bradbury, 1862
About the hymn:
This little hymn . . . written for little children . . . has a rich history. To learn more about the story of "Jesus Loves Me," go here.
Signs and Wonders
UPDATE: 770 Earthquakes at Yellowstone in Past Two Weeks:
Prelude to the Big One?
769 earthquakes were recorded at Yellowstone over the last two weeks, raising concerns among seismologists that a catastrophic eruption may be brewing, and could hit sooner rather than later.
One quake measured over four on the Richter scale, five measured in the magnitude three range, 64 in the magnitude two range, and the other 699 have been measured at magnitude one or less.
Researchers from the University of Utah at the Yellowstone Volcano Observatory (YVO),said to the Star Valley Independent, ""This is the highest number of earthquakes at Yellowstone within a single week in the past five years," adding, "Seismic activity at volcanoes can signal an eruption is due to take place, although predicting exactly when a volcano will erupt is, at present, impossible."
Scientists insist the chances of a catastrophic eruption at the Yellowstone caldera is extremely unlikely, one in 730,000, though in an interview one and a half years ago, internationally renowned physicist Michio Kaku estimated that there is a ten percent chance of such a super-eruption taking place in the next century.
Increased seismic activity is described explicitly in the prophets as accompanying the End-of-Days.
"I looked at the earth, and it was formless and empty; and at the heavens, and their light was gone. I looked at the mountains, and they were quaking; all the hills were swaying. I looked, and there were no people; every bird in the sky had flown away . . ." (Jeremiah 4:23-28)
(Breaking Israel News) Read more here.
The Good News Corner
Herod's Fortress, Ritual Bath Unearthed East of Jordan River
A Hungarian archaeological mission digging in the ruins of Machaerus, a fortress built by King Herod on the eastern shore of the Dead Sea located in modern Jordan, has discovered a large ritual bath which were likely constructed for the royal family's use. The bath has 12 steeps, and was fed from a reserve pool when its water ran low.
In order to qualify as a means to purification, a ritual bath must have at least 40 se'ah, the equivalent of about 83 gallons of water.
The underground cistern, 54 ft deep, watered the baths and the fortress' gardens.
The architecture of the bath is very similar to the baths and cisterns discovered in nearby Qumran (across the Dead Sea). It is situated 9 ft below the royal courtyard, and used to be covered by a vaulted stone roof, which was probably demolished by Lucilius Bassus' 10th Roman legion. Bassus' soldiers, on a campaign to repress the Great Jewish Revolt, in 71 attacked the Herodian fortress and the Jewish warriors who were hiding inside.
The fortress of Machaerus was built by Hasmonean king Alexander Yanai (104-78 BCE), probably in 90 BCE. Its high, rocky vantage point was difficult to access, and it was used to spot and alerted Jerusalem about invaders from the east. It was part of a warning system that included several Hasmonean citadels, in one another's line of sight.
Machaerus was destroyed by Pompey's general Gabinius in 57 BCE, and later rebuilt by Herod in 30 BCE as a military base. Herod's son, Herod Antipas, inherited the fortress (and the kingdom) in 4 BCE, until his demise in 39 CE. That's time when, according to Christian belief, John the Baptist was imprisoned and beheaded at Machaerus. (Read more)
(Breaking Israel News) Read more.
"It Is Well" - Kristene DiMarco
The Bible Readathon
Our Bible Readathon Continues
"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." (Psalm 119:105)
We are now reading the Word of God every night from midnight to 6:00 a.m. EST. We are reading through the whole Word, from Genesis to Revelation, and beginning again in Genesis when finished.
Our numbers of readers continues to grow over time. All are welcome to join!
The access code is: 350430#. Please call at any time from midnight to 6:00 a.m. EST. WELCOME!
[Note: we are reading from these versions of the Scripture: King James, New King James, New American Standard, and NIV.]