To read yesterday's edition in its short form,
please go here.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Tuesday, June 13, 2017
"Praying for All in Authority"
Tuesday, June 13, 2017
"The Lord will protect you from all evil;
He will keep your soul.
The Lord will guard your going out and your coming in
From this time forth and forever."
> > > To help sustain our work, please go here. Thank you!
"Standing Together as One . . . Under the Cross of Christ"
News from the White House
News from the White House
"Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence."
(I Timothy 2:1,2)
1. President Trump Introduces Plan to Rebuild America's Infrastructure
Rebuilding America's infrastructure is a critical pillar of President Donald J. Trump's agenda to promote job creation and grow the U.S. economy. America's infrastructure has fallen to 12th in the world and that is unacceptable. Every American depends on our roads, rails, ports, and airports, and the President is committed to fixing this problem, not just pushing more liabilities onto future generations. Today, the President was in Cincinnati, Ohio, where he announced his infrastructure initiative.
President Trump's regulatory reforms will spur growth and investment. In order to jumpstart investment, the President aims to dramatically reduce permitting time for these infrastructure projects from 10 years to 2 years and to get a "yes" or "no" quickly by slashing regulations.
The President has dedicated $200 billion in his budget for infrastructure that can be leveraged for a $1 trillion investment into our crumbling systems. Investing in rural infrastructure is a key part of the President's plan. (Read more)
2. President Donald J. Trump is dedicating this week to workforce development
Across the United States there exists a skills gap that must be addressed. Americans are unemployed and seeking employment, and companies are struggling to fill vacancies for positions that require varying levels of skill and training. President Trump's Administration is committed to closing the skills gap and ensuring Americans are trained for the jobs available and the jobs of the future.
3. On Friday, President Trump welcomed President Iohannis of Romania to the White House
Read his remarks by going here.
4. On Friday, President Trump delivered remarks at the Faith and Freedom Coalition's Road to Majority Conference
The President renewed his commitment to fight for the freedoms of all Americans and to put America first. (To read his remarks, go here.)
5. First New Coal Mine of Trump Era Opens in Pennsylvania - Fox News insider
President Trump lauded the opening of the nation's first new coal mine in recent memory. Corsa Coal Company will operate the mine in Somerset County, Pa. - outside of Pittsburgh.
Corsa CEO George Dethlefsen said the mine will be a boon to the struggling local economy. He praised Trump's easing of regulations and encouragement for fossil fuel exploration.
Dethlefsen told Leland Vittert that for the 70 positions available in the mine, 400 people applied. "It's a hard day's work every day, but it's worth it," one miner said.
Vittert said the news contrasts with Hillary Clinton's message that she would "put a lot of coal miners out of work." Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Wolf (D), who endorsed Clinton, joined the mine company in watching a video message from Trump commemorating the occasion. (Read more)
- Lord even as new jobs are flowing into America now, we pray for people with the skills to do them, for the desire to work, and for wisdom to administer this coal mine in a way to keep environmental lawsuits from crippling them.
- "Lord, You have been favorable to Your land." (Psalm 85:1a)
Focus on Israel
1. Gafni: The Palestinians were here before us - Israel National News
MK Moshe Gafni (United Torah Judaism), chairman of the Knesset Finance Committee, expressed his support for an agreement with the Palestinian Authority at the Israel Peace Conference in Jerusalem Monday.
"I do not like the legislation that this government brings on all kinds of right-wing issues," Gafni said.
"The first important thing is that the State of Israel be a Jewish state, otherwise we have no right to conduct negotiations with the Palestinians - they were here before us, we removed them from here," added Gafni. (Read more)
2. UN places Jerusalem in the 'State of Palestine' - World Israel News
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) posted a position on its website (see below) seeking a project manager for its Jerusalem office. The "duty station" designated for the job was "Jerusalem, Palestine (State of)."
Israel's Ambassador to the United Nations Danny Danon called on Under-Secretary-General Grete Faremo, the UNOPS executive director, to remove the job posting from the site and institute immediate reforms.
"It is unacceptable for UN resources to be used for anti-Israel activity and to attempt to change the facts on the ground," Danon stated. "UNOPS must conduct a complete overhaul of its operating procedures to ensure that such inappropriate behavior not occur again."
3. Ministers approve bill to end Palestinian payments to terrorists - Israel Hayom
The Ministerial Committee for Legislation on Sunday approved a bill aimed at preventing the Palestinian Authority from paying salaries to terrorists and their families.
The Palestinian Authority spends millions of dollars annually paying stipends to the families of terrorists who are either jailed in Israel or were killed while carrying out terrorist attacks against Israelis, a practice Israel has repeatedly condemned.
The proposed legislation would enable Israel to deduct the amount known to be allocated by the Palestinians for payments to terrorists from the taxes Israel collects on behalf of the Palestinian Authority. (Read more)
4. Hamas warns Gaza electricity cut will lead to 'explosion' - Times of Israel
he Hamas terror group warned Monday that Israel's decision to reduce Gaza's already paltry power supply would have "disastrous and dangerous" results that could lead to an outbreak of violence.
The Israeli cabinet decided Sunday night it would cut the amount of power it supplies to the Gaza Strip at the behest of Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas, who is seeking to ramp up pressure on Hamas, his Fatah party's bitter rival. (Read more)
5. Israel urges UN to designate Hamas a terror group - World Israel News Israel has called on the United Nations (UN) to officially designate Hamas as a terrorist organization following last week's exposure of a tunnel running beneath two schools in Gaza administered by UNRWA (United Nations Relief and Works Agency), which was tasked with providing support to Palestinian "refugees." It was not the first time Hamas has endangered children using UNRWA premises. For example, a UN inquiry into the 2014 Gaza war confirmed that at least three UNRWA schools were used by Hamas terrorists to hide weapons and that rockets were likely fired from them on at least two occasions. At the time, UNRWA confirmed that 20 rockets were found in one of its vacant schools, but nonetheless returned the deadly weapons to the terror group.
The Daily Brief
Every prayer below is presented to our Lord in the Name of Jesus Christ, amen.
1. Islamic State calls for attacks in West, Russia, Middle East, Asia during Ramadan - Reuters
CAIRO An audio message purporting to come from the spokesman of Islamic State called on followers to launch attacks in the United States, Europe, Russia, Australia, Iraq, Syria, Iran, and the Philippines during the Islamic holy month of Ramadan, which began in late May.
The audio clip was distributed on Monday on Islamic State's channel on Telegram, an encrypted messaging application. It was attributed to the militant group's official spokesman, Abi al-Hassan al-Muhajer.
The authenticity of the recording could not be independently verified, but the voice was the same as a previous audio message purported to be from the spokesman. (Read more)
- Father God, we place the Blood of the Lamb over these broadcasts, and we call them null and void by the authority of Your spoken Word. If these ones cannot come to salvation in You, then we leave the matter of their eternal destiny in Your hands, Lord God, for only You can judge a soul. In Your name, amen.
- "Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee."
2. WH on Whether Sessions Should Invoke Executive Privilege: 'It Depends' - CNSNews.com
When asked whether Attorney General Jeff Sessions should invoke executive privilege on conversations between him and the president as it relates to former FBI Director James Comey when he testifies before the Senate Intelligence Committee on Tuesday, the White House said Monday that "it depends on the scope of the questions, and to get into a hypothetical at this point would be premature."
White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer was asked whether Sessions' staff at the Department of Justice asked for the White House's permission for him to testify publicly.
"I don't know the answer to that question. I know Congress generally speaking sets whether a hearing is open or closed based on the sensitivity of the subject," Spicer said.
As CNSNews.com reported, Sessions requested that the hearing be public, according to a Justice Department spokeswoman. (Read more)
- Lord God, we ask that Your divine wisdom be upon the Attorney General today as he sits in front of the Senate Intelligence Committee. May all proceedings move according to Your perfect plan for Jeff Sessions, for President Trump, and for our nation. In Your Name, amen.
- "But the LORD is with me like a dread champion; Therefore my persecutors will stumble and not prevail. They will be utterly ashamed, because they have failed, With an everlasting disgrace that will not be forgotten." (Jeremiah 20:11)
3. Et Tu, Delta? Shakespeare in the Park Sponsors Withdraw From Trump-Like 'Julius Caesar' - New York Times
New York's Public Theater lost financial support from two high-profile corporate donors, Delta Air Lines and Bank of America, on Sunday amid intense criticism of its production of Shakespeare's "Julius Caesar," which depicts the assassination of a Trump-like Roman ruler. The companies' decisions came after days of criticism online and in right-leaning media outlets that was amplified by Donald Trump Jr., a son of the president, who appeared to call into question the theater's funding sources on Twitter on Sunday morning.
"No matter what your political stance may be, the graphic staging of 'Julius Caesar' at this summer's free Shakespeare in the Park does not reflect Delta Air Lines' values," Delta said in a statement on Sunday night. "Their artistic and creative direction crossed the line on the standards of good taste," the company said. "We have notified them of our decision to end our sponsorship as the official airline of the Public Theater effective immediately." (Read more)
- Lord, these events are not "art." We pray that You will cleanse the hearts and minds of these actors, producer, director, and all involved, bringing them to their knees. We thank yo for the two sponsors who have dropped out and ask that American Express and the New York Times have a revelation of the evil they are portraying.
- "The evil will bow before the good, and the wicked at the gates of the righteous." (Proverbs 14:19)
4. Federal court upholds yet another block on President Trump's travel ban - New York Daily News
The Trump travel ban has been blocked again - thanks in part to the President's own tweets. A federal appeals court on Monday upheld an injunction blocking parts of President Trump's executive orders, dealing yet another blow to one of his most controversial campaign pledges. The 9th Circuit Court of Appeals slammed the ban as an overreach of Trump's national security powers, and said his inflammatory public comments - specifically a tweet from just one week ago - showed that the order could not be justified.
"We conclude that the President, in issuing the Executive Order, exceeded the scope of the authority delegated to The San Francisco court determined that Trump did "not provide a rationale" for needing to ban about 180 million people hailing from a few countries he has determined to be a threat to the United States. The three-judge panel even cited a recent Trump tweet as evidence that he was focusing on entire countries, not dangerous people - making his argument too broad to support.
The San Francisco court determined that Trump did "not provide a rationale" for needing to ban about 180 million people hailing from a few countries he has determined to be a threat to the United States. The three-judge panel even cited a recent Trump tweet as evidence that he was focusing on entire countries, not dangerous people - making his argument too broad to support. Trump walked away with only one small victory: The court will let the administration review its vetting procedures for the countries named in the ban. A previous ruling did not even allow that. (Read more)
- Lord, our President is having an extremely difficult time in his attempt to make the US safe from Islamic Terrorists. We pray for a way where there is no way, and for vindication and wisdom for the President in light of the blockade of Obama's judges.
- "Vindicate me, O God, and plead my cause against an ungodly nation. Oh, deliver me from the deceitful and unjust man!" (Psalm 43:1)
5. Maryland, D.C. attorneys general file lawsuit against Trump - Washington Times
Attorneys general in Maryland and Washington, D.C., filed suit on Monday against President Trump, alleging he has violated anti-corruption laws through his continued ownership of companies that have accepted millions of dollars from foreign governments during his time in office. Legal action was needed because "traditional checks and balances are failing us," said Washington, D.C., Attorney General Karl Racine.
The president's continued ownership interest in a global business empire "renders him deeply enmeshed with a legion of foreign and domestic government actors, violates the Constitution and calls into question the rule of law and the integrity of the country's political system," the lawsuit states. Though the lawsuit notes Mr. Trump previously announced that he was turning the leadership and management of the Trump Organization over to his sons - Eric Trump and Donald Trump Jr. - it states that the plan "did not include relinquishing ownership of his businesses or establishing a blind trust."
Although both Maryland Attorney General Brian Frosh and Mr. Racine are Democrats, they said the lawsuit was not a partisan action. (Read more)
- Lord, we pray that this lawsuit would fall to the ground and be dismissed. We ask that President Trump be encouraged by Your Presence and love.
- "I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living." (Psalm 27:13)
6. Palestinian delegation expected to meet Trump administration officials in DC - Jerusalem Post
A delegation of five Palestinian officials is expected to meet with US President Donald Trump's administration in Washington later this or next month to discuss reviving the peace process, a senior Fatah official said on Sunday.
"We have ongoing contacts with the administration and expect the delegation will go to America after the holiday," Azzam al-Ahmad, a Fatah Central Committee member, said in a telephone interview, referring to the Eid al-Fitr holiday that follows Ramadan, which will most likely fall this year on June 26 or June 27.
According to the senior Fatah official, Trump asked Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas during his visit to Bethlehem on May 23 to dispatch a delegation of five Palestinian officials to the American capital to continue talks about renewing the peace process. Ahmad added that the delegation has not been finalized, but will likely include Palestinian officials who accompanied Abbas during his visit to the White House on May 3. (Read more)
- Lord, we pray against any deceit by the Abbas delegation, and we ask that You bring strength to the President to defeat any lies that might come his way.
- "They have also healed the hurt of My people slightly, saying 'Peace, Peace!' When there is no peace." (Jeremiah 6:14)
7. Homeland Security secretary suggests amnesty for Dreamers, implores Congress to solve problem - Washington Times
The Trump administration last week floated an amnesty idea for potentially 1 million illegal immigrants, looking to find permanent solutions for some of the most sympathetic cases in the long-running immigration debate. In two days of testimony to Congress, Homeland Security Secretary John F. Kelly said he doubts his ability to oust some 250,000 immigrants from Central American countries who have been in the U.S. for nearly two decades on a temporary humanitarian relief program. He also signaled that he would keep protecting 780,000 Dreamers from deportation and hoped Congress would grant them permanent status.
"You've got to solve this problem," Mr. Kelly told the House Homeland Security Committee when members prodded him not to deport Dreamers.He said he would not deport Dreamers but warned that the policy could change when someone else takes over his job, making the only solution congressional action. He said there is clear bipartisan support for some form of permanent legalization and urged lawmakers to take the opportunity that the Trump administration is giving.
"I'm not going to let the Congress off the hook. You've got to solve it," he said. (Read more)
- Lord, we ask that Your will be done with all these illegals - let Congress do what is right in Your sight regarding them, and grant them true wisdom as they make this decision and write this policy.
- "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom." (Proverbs 9:10a)
8. Game-Changing Discovery: The Judge Who Censored Undercover Planned Parenthood Videos Was on Their Board! - Breaking Christian News
The Center for Medical Progress (CMP) is seeking to disqualify the judge who censored its undercover footage of an abortion conference because of his ties to a pro-Planned Parenthood organization that lets the abortion company run a clinic on its premises.
When David Daleiden began releasing his now-famous exposé on the abortion industry's participation in the body parts trade, the National Abortion Federation (NAF) took him to court. Daleiden had undercover recordings of its abortion trade show. NAF succeeded in getting U.S. District Judge William Orrick to issue a gag order preventing the release of this footage.
Last month, Daleiden's attorneys released the footage. Some of the extended footage had already been leaked by Got News, but the video released by the CMP attorneys was more condensed and contained a compilation of the most shocking statements from abortionists at the conference.
Orrick then ordered Daleiden and his attorneys, Steve Cooley and Brentford J. Ferreira, to appear in court onJune 14 They may face contempt of court charges for having released the video. (Read more)
- Lord, thank You for this news that gives hope for the recusing of the judge. We ask that this case be dismissed, and we thank You in advance for the freedom of the CMP team who published the video.
- "Commit your way to the Lord, Trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass." (Psalm 37:5)
9. U.S. Army conducting training event in Rhode Island - NBC10
If you have been seeing and hearing helicopters flying overhead this week, don't panic. Several NBC 10 News viewers contacted the station Friday night, expressing concern about low-flying aircrafts, as well as odd noises. But it's all part of a U.S. Army training exercise, which started Monday and is set to conclude Sunday. The goal is to enhance their soldier skills by operating in various environments and settings, according to a press release.
"This training has been coordinated with the appropriate state, county, and city officials, as well as private property owners, and all safety precautions have been implemented in order to prevent unnecessary risk to both the participants and/or area residents and their property," the release noted. The release went on to note that residents might hear sounds associated with the training, including aircraft and weapon simulations.
"Citizens in close proximity to the areas where the training will take place will be notified in person by police and/or military representatives prior to the training," the release stated. According to the release, soldiers are testing their equipment "to maintain maximum readiness and proficiency, and to exercise standard safety procedures." (Read more)
- Lord, help the residents of this area be reassured at yet again another training exercise. Lord, we know that training is essential for our Armed Forces, and we ask that wisdom be applied during the entire exercise.
- "A brother offended is harder to win than a strong city, and contentions are like the bars of a castle." (Proverbs 18:19)
10. EXCLUSIVE: Ted Cruz Suggests U.S. Military Response to Mexican Cartels - Breitbart
U.S. Senator Ted Cruz suggested that the U.S. military should be used against Mexican transnational criminal groups (cartels). The statements were made during a one-on-one interview with the senator at the end of May at the Bayer Museum of Agriculture in Lubbock, Texas. The senator made clear that he was not suggesting unilateral U.S. military action in Mexico, but rather a cooperative effort, as seen in Colombia. (Read more)
- Lord we know that something needs to happen, but the government of Mexico is funded by the cartels to a large degree. We pray that You bring redemption to the situation, changing the direction, moving the hearts of the government of Mexico. We bind up the greed that is financing the violence and apply the cross of Christ against it.
- "But God shall shoot at them with an arrow; suddenly they shall be wounded. So He will make them stumble over their own tongue." (Psalm 64:8)
11. The US Is Bringing Help to Philippine City That's Been Taken Over by ISIS Militants - IJR
Currently, the Philippine city of Marawi, located on Mindanao Island, is besieged by ISIS-linked militants. Government forces have been battling the militants since late May and are now receiving help from the United States. According to Defense News, the United States is supporting Philippine operations by providing manned and unmanned aircraft. Local press and the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) have spotted the drones and aircraft over Marawi.
Some of the aircraft that are providing aid to the AFP are the AeroVironment RQ-20 Puma Unmanned Aerial Vehicle and the Lockheed-Martin P-3C Orion. Both are tasked with the mission of intelligence-gathering.
In a statement provided to Defense News, a U.S. Special Operations Command Pacific spokeswoman said, "U.S. special operations forces are assisting the AFP with ongoing operations in Marawi that helps AFP commanders on the ground in their fight against Maute and ASG militants" at the request of the Philippine government. She added that "the U.S. government continues to work with the AFP to increase intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) capabilities through security assistance and training." (Read more)
- Father we pray for our brothers and sisters on Mindanao, and in this city. We ask for protection, and faith for each of them, and comfort for the families of those who have been killed. Let the hostages be rescued quickly.
- "A thousand may fall at your side, and ten thousand at your right hand, but it shall not come near you." (Psalm 91:7)
12. North Korea Arrests Senior Citizen for Contacting Christians in China - Christian Post
Authorities in North Korea's Yanggang province tied with rope, assaulted, dragged and arrested a 61-year-old resident days after he returned from China on charges of spying as he had allegedly contacted his Christian relatives in that country, according to reports. The North Korean citizen, Kim Seung-mo, a resident of the Wiyon area of Hyesan city, was dragged by state security officials in front of Wiyon train station last week, according to Radio Free Asia.
Kim was shackled and tied with rope as he was dragged out from a town behind Wiyon brewery, an anonymous local source was quoted as saying. It seemed he had been assaulted, as he had split lips and black eyes, and could not walk properly, the source said. Kim used to work at the Wiyon substation in the electricity department there. He retired in March. (Read more)
- Lord, these unconscionable actions on one of Your people must be judged. We ask for faith, physical strength and hope for this man.
- "Do not touch My anointed ones, and do My prophets no harm." (1 Chronicles 16:22)
The Daily Jot
Monday, June 12, 2017
The storm of persecution on the horizon
Socialist Senator Bernie Sanders (Vt) ripped Deputy Director of the White House Office of Management and Budget nominee Russell Vought for his Christianity during a hearing. Sanders, after questioning Vought about his Christian beliefs and Vought answering forthrightly, declared, "this nominee is really not someone who this country is supposed to be about. I will vote no." Over the weekend far left radicals countered peaceful protests against Sharia Law with violence, saying that protesters were motivated by hate. This country is not only divided along political lines, but also-and the case can be made-mostly along religious lines. This division is leading to persecution of God-fearing Americans.
The Founding Fathers worst nightmare is coming true. They believed that an overreaching government would naturally seek to control the freedoms of its people. That's why they put checks and balances into the system. But one of the problems with representative government is that it only works when the citizenship is engaged. John Adams, Founding Father and second US President, said, "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." The religion he was speaking of is Christianity. Aside from Judaism, other religions are incompatible with a republican form of government. They tend toward despotism of varying degrees.
This precept was part of the very fabric of America as far back as the 1600s when the Pilgrims came here to escape religious persecution at the hands of the Church of England. Pastor of the Pilgrims John Robinson wrote in a farewell letter to those leaving on the Mayflower: "Lastly, whereas you are become a body politic, using amongst yourselves civil government, and are not furnished with any persons of special eminency above the rest, to be chose by you into office of government; let your wisdom and godliness appear, not only in choosing such persons as do entirely love and will promote the common good...not beholding in them the ordinariness of their persons, but God's ordinance for your good."
Robinson's letter is credited as inspiration for the Mayflower Compact, which shaped the Founders view on self-government. Exodus 18:21 influenced the Founders in devising our representative form of government: "Moreover you shall provide out of all the people able men, such as fear God, men of truth, hating covetousness; and place such over them, to be rulers of thousands, and rulers of hundreds, rulers of fifties, and rulers of tens." Sanders and the radical left are wrong. While not all the Founders were Christian, they agreed that the Bible contained the principles for self-government. We are a nation divided politically because the absolute moral truth of Christianity is contradictory to the rebellious and immoral agenda of the left. They are willing to persecute those who don't agree with them. Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Prayers During Ramadan
Prayers During Ramadan: Part One
This year, Ramadan began on the Islamic Calendar last Saturday, May 27th and will continue for one month until Sunday, June 25th.
A website titled "30 DAYS OF PRAYER" is now posted, with specific prayers offered each day for the Moslem people. When you visit this site, you will also see posted prayers offered on previous days if you need to "catch up" in this vital time of intercession for those who are being held captive by Islam.
To visit this website, go to:
or go here.
Prayers During Ramadan: Part Two
Another resource is also available now for targeted prayers for the Moslem population.
There is much valuable information here, too, so please do visit this site when you can this month. Thank you!
Ramadan Prayer Series - Focuses on Islam in the West
For the sixth year, Best Current News is publishing their thirty days of prayer for Ramadan series. Realizing that 65% of American Christians believe there are multiple paths to eternal life, this year's series has focused primarily on the differences between Christianity and Islam. Each day during Ramadan, the website publishes an infographic or short article about differing aspects of Islam, how it differs from Christianity, and its impact on the West. To view or receive the articles daily, go to http://www.bestcurrentnews.com/. You may also sign up to receive them in your email inbox. They are also on Facebook and Twitter under Best Current News.
More Daily Features
The Persecuted Church
"Remember the prisoners, as though in prison with them, and those who are ill-treated, since you yourselves also are in the body." (Hebrews 13:3)
Please visit the website for International Christian Concern to lift up prayers for the persecuted around the world, every day. Their link is: www.persecution.org -- or go here to connect. Thank you for interceding for our brothers and sisters who are suffering in Asia, the Islamic World, and the Far East.
THE LILY OF THE VALLEY
"I am a rose of Sharon, a lily of the valleys." (Song of Solomon 2:1)
THE LILY OF THE VALLEY
"I am a rose of Sharon, a lily of the valleys." (Song of Solomon 2:1)
I have found a friend in Jesus, He's everything to me, He's the fairest of ten thousand to my soul; The Lily of the Valley, in Him alone I see All I need to cleanse and make me fully whole. In sorrow He's my comfort, in trouble He's my stay; He tells me every care on Him to roll.
He's the Lily of the Valley, the Bright and Morning Star,
He's the fairest of ten thousand to my soul.
He all my grief has taken, and all my sorrows borne; In temptation He's my strong and mighty tower; I have all for Him forsaken, and all my idols torn From my heart and now He keeps me by His power. Though all the world forsake me, and Satan tempt me sore, Through Jesus I shall safely reach the goal.
He will never, never leave me, nor yet forsake me here, While I live by faith and do His blessèd will; A wall of fire about me, I've nothing now to fear, From His manna He my hungry soul shall fill. Then sweeping up to glory to see His blessèd face, Where the rivers of delight shall ever roll.
Please go here.
(Sung by Burl Ives)
About the Author:
Charles W. Fry, 1881 Music: William S. Hays;
About the hymn:
This hymn first appeared in the Salvation Army's The War Cry, December 29, 1881. Fry wrote the lyrics in Lincoln, England, while working with the Salvation Army there.
> > > To view an amazing photo of Charles Fry standing with the Salvation Army in 1881, go here.
Signs and Wonders
RADIO STORM ON JUPITER
On June 6th, amateur astronomer Thomas Ashcraft pointed his shortwave radio telescope at Jupiter, which was shining brightly high overhead in the New Mexico night sky. Soon, the loudspeakers began to roar with strange-sounding swooshes of static. A Jovian radio storm was underway.
"This is a one minute long audio recording captured on two short wave radios tuned at 29.0 MHz and 29.5 MHz," explains Ashcraft. "The storm produced sustained emissions that lasted over two and a half hours."
Jupiter is a powerful source of shortwave radio bursts. They come from natural radio lasers in the giant planet's magnetosphere. Electrical currents flowing between Jupiter's upper atmosphere and the volcanic moon Io can boost these emissions to power levels easily detected by ham radio antennas on Earth. To learn more about radio storms on Jupiter, and how you can observe them yourself, visit NASA's RadioJove web site. (Spaceweather.com)
Go here to read more, and to listen to this radio transmission.
The Good News Corner
"Pray for America With Confidence!":
Vice-President Mike Pence Stirs Crowd at Faith and Freedom Coalition
"I'm really here just to pay a debt, to pay a debt of gratitude to all of you that helped elect a president that is fighting every day to restore freedom in the country and to make this country great and strong once again." -Vice President Mike Pence
(Washington, DC)-[CBN News] Vice-president Mike Pence took to the stage at the Faith and Freedom Coalition's Road to Majority conference in DC and revved up the crowd with a campaign style speech. "As the Good Book says, if you owe debts pay debts. If honor then, honor. If respect then respect. I'm really here just to pay a debt, to pay a debt of gratitude to all of you that helped elect a president that is fighting every day to restore freedom in the country and to make this country great and strong once again," said Pence thanking the crowd.
Speaking to the group of mostly conservative voters, the VP trotted out a list of President Trump's cabinet appointees he says should make them proud. (Read more)
"Here I Am To Worship"-
The Bible Readathon
Our Bible Readathon Continues
"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." (Psalm 119:105)
We are now reading the Word of God every night from midnight to 6:00 a.m. EST. We are reading through the whole Word, from Genesis to Revelation, and beginning again in Genesis when finished.
Our numbers of readers continues to grow over time. All are welcome to join!
The access code is: 350430#. Please call at any time from midnight to 6:00 a.m. EST. WELCOME!
[Note: we are reading from these versions of the Scripture: King James, New King James, New American Standard, and NIV.]