Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:"And he shall bring forth the capstone With shouts of "Grace, grace to it!"'"
"Praying for All in Authority"
Monday, May 8, 2017
"Praying for All in Authority"
Monday, May 8, 2017
(Zech. 4:7 NKJV)
"Standing Together as One . . . Under the Cross of Christ"
Focus on Israel
1. Trump's First Foreign Trip Will Take Him to Israel for 50th Anniversary of Their Six-Day War: He'll Make a Speech at This Historic Landmark - Breaking Christian News
Trump's first overseas trip as president indicates special support for America's top Mideast ally, Israel, since it coincides with the 50th anniversary of the Six-Day War.
Israel regained control of Jerusalem during that war, and the timing leads some to speculate that President Trump could use the occasion to announce he's moving the U.S. Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem.
Such a move would recognize Israel's ancient claim to the Holy City. (Read more)
- Father, we thank You that, on his first visit out of the country, President Trump will honor Israel, and that he will be on the land on this historic occasion. We continue to petition You, O Lord, to move upon the heart of our "king" to decree that the U.S. Embassy shall now be moved to Jerusalem, in Your Holy Name, amen and amen.
- "The king's heart is in the hand of the Lord, Like the rivers of water; He turns it wherever He wishes." (Proverbs 21:1)
2. US lawmakers urge recognition of Jerusalem births as in Israel - Times of Israel
Dozens of United States lawmakers wrote a letter to Secretary of State Rex Tillerson last week calling on him to change the longstanding US policy of refusing to recognize Americans born in Jerusalem as individuals born in Israel.
The State Department has long resisted recognizing Jerusalem as part of Israel in Americans' birth certificates and other documentation, saying that doing so could hurt US diplomats' ability to broker peace between Israelis and Palestinians.
In their letter, dated May 3, the lawmakers insisted that such recognition would cause "no perceptible geopolitical impact" but would be "meaningful to a number of our fellow citizens. It would honor the individual's personal dignity and cherished personal identification with 'Israel' as his place of birth." (Read more)
3. Ministers approve bill defining Israel as Jewish nation-state - Israel Hayom
The Ministerial Committee for Legislation unanimously approved the so-called "nation-state bill," penned by MK Avi Dichter (Likud), on Sunday.
After the vote, acting committee chairman MK Yariv Levin (Likud) said he had decided "to put an end to the foot dragging," and pass the bill, which defines Israel as the nation-state of the Jewish people.
"We have been deliberating and trying to reach a decision on this bill for too long. It is not clear how this basic law hasn't been anchored down in legislation until now, when its sole aim is to uphold Israel's status as the state of the Jewish people. Today, the wait is over. The bill will be pushed forward and prepared as a government bill during the current Knesset session," Levin said. (Read more)
4. U.S. Deploys F-15s to Israel to Train With Israeli Air Force - Haaretz
The U.S. and Israeli air forces will conduct joint exercises over Israel over the next two weeks, with a number of American F-15s already having arrived, military sources told Haaretz on Thursday. The exercise will take place out of the Ovda air base in the south, the home of the so-called Red Squadron, which simulates enemy air forces.
"An international exercise in cooperation with the American air force will begin in the coming days," the Israel Defense Forces Spokesman's Office said. "The exercise is based on the annual training plan." (Read more)
5. Arabs steal rifles from sleeping soldiers - Israel National News
Masked figures infiltrated an army base in the Golan Heights early this morning and stole the M-16 rifles of two soldiers while they were sleeping, Channel 2 reported.
The incident occurred after two masked men infiltrated the abandoned army base and crept into one of the rooms, where an officer and his three soldiers were sleeping. The soldiers had been stationed at the base as a security force.
Initial investigations found that the weapons were stolen from under the pillows of two of the sleeping soldiers, where they had been placed as a security measure. (Read more)
6. PM suggests police will recommend to indict him to avoid admitting failure - Times of Israel
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu suggested Saturday that police would recommend indicting him on corruption charges only because they lack the courage to admit the investigation has produced no tangible results.
In a statement, an official in the Prime Minister's Office said: "After months of police leaks saying they'll recommend an indictment, does anyone imagine they'll have the courage to get off their high horse and admit that there's nothing?"
The official was responding to comments earlier in the day by Zionist Union MK Mickey Rosenthal, who said he had inside knowledge that "police have decided to definitely recommend indicting the prime minister." (Read more)
7. Israel enters fourth consecutive drought year - World Israel News
Data gathered by the Israel Meteorological Service (IMS) shows the Jewish state's annual rainfall currently stands at around 71 percent of the cross-year average, indicating Israel has officially entered a drought year.
IMS data also indicates the area surrounding the Kinneret, or Sea of Galilee, one of Israel's primary water sources, has seen only 70 percent of the average rainfall. The lack of rainfall in the area surrounding the freshwater lake is causing a rise in salt levels, meaning the water is at risk of becoming unsuitable for consumption and irrigation. (Read more)
8. Marwan Barghouti filmed on two occasions eating during the hunger-strike - Jerusalem Online
Two days following a letter published by Marwan Barghouti, supporting the security prisoners on a hunger strike, live footage of the leader of the strike shows that he himself does not follow the terms of the strike. In the footage, Marwan Barghouti is seen eating candy bars in the toilet of his cell.
Barghouti was filmed twice secretly eating and in one of those times, he is seen eating salt powder in an attempt to strengthen his body, something that is forbidden to the other prisoners who are on strike. (Read more)
9. Putin and Abbas to meet next Thursday - Israel National News
Russian President Vladimir Putin and Palestinian Authority (PA) chairman Mahmoud Abbas will meet on May 11, the PA envoy to Russia Hafiz Nofal told the TASS news agency on Thursday.
"The meeting will take place in Sochi on May 11," he said.
Nofal added the two men will discuss the results of the Arab League summit in Amman, with special attention paid to the Palestinian issue and the struggle against terrorism, as well as Abbas's meeting this past week with U.S. President Donald Trump.
"The Russian and Palestinian leaders will also discuss bilateral relations and intra-Palestinian reconciliation," Nofal told TASS. (Read more)
10. Israel Prayer Update - Bridges for Peace
To read this weekly alert, please go here.
The Daily Brief
Every prayer below is presented to our Lord in the Name of Jesus Christ, amen.
1. HISTORIC: Trump Restores Religious Rights and Protects Pastors on Day of Prayer - CBN
WASHINGTON -- Protecting and promoting religious liberty - that's the goal of an executive order President Donald Trump signed Thursday, according to a senior White House official.
This order does three things:
- Declares that it's a policy of the executive branch to protect and promote religious liberty.
- Directs the IRS to use maximum enforcement discretion when investigating tax-exempt organizations (this addresses the Johnson Amendment).
- Offers regulatory relief to religious groups that have a moral objection to the contraception mandate in Obamacare. (Read more)
You can watch the video of Trump's remarks during this signing ceremony by going here.
- Father God, we do thank You for this action taken by President Trump, so that our pastors and others are now free to voice their own opinions regarding political matters without fear of repercussion from the IRS. We praise God that this boot of tyranny has now been withdrawn, in Your name, amen.
- "Oh come, let us sing to the Lord!
Let us shout joyfully to the Rock of our salvation.
Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving;
Let us shout joyfully to Him with psalms." (Psalm 95:1,2)
2. Religious liberty order disappoints some conservatives - The Hill
Some conservatives are frustrated by President Trump's new religious liberty order, saying it is dramatically scaled back from what they were expecting and doesn't enact the protections he promised during the campaign.
Not all conservatives agree.
Many of those present for the signing described the order as a marker set by an administration that is committed to ensuring the federal government does not encroach on religious views cherished by many Christians.
Family Research Council President Tony Perkins said the order "makes clear that the administration will pursue policies that protect and vigorously promote religious liberty." (Read more)
- Father God, we do praise You that our president has taken this action, which now may be a sign of a "work in progress." We ask that all parties who have misgivings about the judicial implications of this bill would be forthright and truthful in voicing their concerns, and that needed adjustments be made to its language over time. Let there be UNITY in the Body of Christ we pray, amen.
- "Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth, as it is in heaven . . ." (Matthew 6:10)
3. Healthcare Act Passed in US House Defunds Planned Parenthood:
Pray That The Senate Follows Suit! - Christian Newswire
Pro-life leaders and groups gathered for a news conference in front of the Washington, DC Parenthood on Friday, May 5, at 10:30 a.m. There was also prayer, celebration and public witness. Groups there announced plans for a national campaign to ensure passage in the U. S. Senate.
Rev. Patrick J. Mahoney, Director of the Christian Defense Coalition, stated: "We applaud this historic vote by the House of Representatives as a first step in defunding Planned Parenthood, which is the largest abortion provider in the world. Every day, Planned Parenthood takes the lives of almost 900 innocent children and over 320,000 every year.
"The pro-life community will work passionately to see the Senate votes to defund [Planned Parenthood as well] and that this piece of legislation will end up on the desk of President Trump and be signed into law. We will not rest until abortion ends up on the scrap heap of history like slavery and segregation. We can never be indifferent or silent." (Read more)
- Father God, we praise You for hearing our prayers of protection for unborn babies. The House of Representatives has voted pro-life and we pray the Senate will do the same. We ask that this will be the beginning of the end of the Healthcare Act left by the evil of the previous president. Glory to God in the highest!
- "I instruct you in the way of wisdom and lead you along straight paths."
4. Court Rules Trump State Dept Must Release Clinton Emails of Obama Response to Benghazi - CNSNews.com
Despite legal pleadings from the Trump State Department, Judge Amy Berman Jackson of the U.S. District Court for D.C., has ordered the department to release eight paragraphs from emails sent by then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton on Sept. 12, 2012 "regarding phone calls made by President Barack Obama to Egyptian and Libyan leaders immediately following the terrrorist attack on the U.S. mission in Benghazi," reported Judicial Watch.
In the Sept. 11, 2012 Benghazi attack by Islamic radicals, 4 American personnel were murdered, including our ambassador, Chris Stevens. In addition, for weeks following the attack, the Obama administration and Secretary Clinton falsely claimed the assault was caused by an anti-Muslim video posted on YouTube.
The unredacted emails requested "had the subject line 'Quick Summary of POTUS Calls to Presidents of Libya and Egypt,' and were among emails stored on Clinton's unofficial email server," said Judicial Watch. "Judge Jackson reviewed the documents directly and rejected the government's contention that the records had been properly withheld under" a FOIA "deliberative process" exemption. The emails may reveal what Secretary Clinton and President Obama knew about the Benghazi attack the day after it happened. (Read more)
- Father, thank You for Judge Jackson. Give her wisdom and knowledge as she seeks to reveal all things that may have been hidden regarding the Benghazi situation. Let truth prevail and justice reign. Protect Ms. Jackson with Your angel armies that no harm will come to her or her family. Thank You, Lord, in Your name, amen.
- "But we have renounced the hidden things of shame, not walking in craftiness nor handling the word of God deceitfully, but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God." (2 Corinthians 4:2)
- "I will restore your judges as at the first, And your counselors as at the beginning. Afterward you shall be called the city of righteousness, the faithful city." (Isaiah 1:26)
5. All 100 Senators Call for End to Anti-Israel Bias at UN - The Tower
All 100 members of the US Senate signed a letter Thursday urging the United Nations (UN) to stop unfairly targeting Israel.
The senators noted that while the US co-founded the UN "with the intention of saving future generations from war," today many member states and agencies "are using the UN's privileged platform to advance an anti-Israel agenda."
"Although, as Republicans and Democrats, we disagree on many issues, we are united in our desire to see the United Nations improve its treatment of Israel and eliminate anti-Semitism in all its forms," they stressed. (Read more)
- Praise God for the example the US Senate is setting to reform the anti-Israel actions of the UN. Pray for strength for Nikki Haley so she can persist in her struggle to overcome the UN's anti-Israel bias and activities and boldly ask for more nations to follow suit.
- "I will make you a great nation; I will bless you and make your name great; and you shall be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and I will curse him who curses you; and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed." (Genesis 12:2,3)
[Note: This prayer was offered by Bridges for Peace]
6. New Spending Bill Includes Billions for Israel: Slashes Aid to Palestinian Authority - CBN News
Congress passed a funding bill Thursday that will give Israel billions of dollars and advance more pro-Israel efforts in the U.S. The bill provides $3.1 billion plus an additional $75 million in overall security assistance to Israel. It includes funding for programs like Israel's missile defense system and the development of Israeli technology, energy and water. The new bill also slashes aid to the Palestinian Authority for the support it provides to terrorists and their families. Pro-Israel activists are celebrating the bill and see it as a direct attack against terrorism. "AIPAC applauds Congress for including key provisions to help Israel address critical security challenges in the Omnibus Appropriations bill for Fiscal Year 2017," said Mark Kleinman, AIPAC's Southeastern States director. (Read more)
- Abba Father, we praise You for leading the U.S. Congress in voting to support Israel instead of the Palestinians with the passage of this new spending bill. Evil's hand has been removed again. Thank You, Lord, as our nation moves toward restoration of "In God we trust." Amen.
- "Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God." (Romans 13:1)
7. US delegation coming back to Israel to finalize Trump itinerary - Times of Israel
US presidential delegation will return to Israel next week to finalize the itinerary of US President Donald Trump, who is due in Israel later this month.
The president is set to arrive on May 22 along with his wife, First Lady Melania Trump, and his senior advisers, daughter Ivanka Trump and son-in-law Jared Kushner. He will leave the next day. He will have begun his first overseas trip as president in Saudi Arabia, and will later travel to the Vatican.
Trump has pledged to work for a comprehensive Israeli-Palestinian peace deal, and there has been speculation that he will seek to convene a Middle East summit soon after this month's trip. Israel's Channel 2 said the administration has also expressed interest in a possible Israel-Jordan-Saudi Arabia train route, and in pushing a much-discussed Red Sea-Dead Sea canal project. (Read more)
- Lord God, we pray that You guide Donald Trump in a God-ordained path regarding his work with Israel and other plans for the Middle East. Father, stand with him in every decision he makes. Guide President Trump and Prime Minister Netanyahu with precision that will be in accordance with God's perfect will. In the Name of Jesus we pray, amen.
- "And let the beauty of the Lord our God be upon us: and establish thou the work of our hands upon us, yea, the work of our hands establish it." (Psalm 90:17)
8. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu: Mahmoud Abbas lied to President Trump - Jerusalem Post
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu accused Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas of lying when he visited the White House on Wednesday. "I heard President Abbas yesterday say that they teach their children peace," Netanyahu said, quoting Abbas's statement to the media made during a joint press event with US President Donald Trump.
"That's unfortunately not true," said Netanyahu, who has embarked on a campaign to end payments by the Palestinian Authority to terrorists. "They [the Palestinians] name their schools after mass murderers of Israelis and they pay terrorists," he said. (Read more)
- Father God, stand with President Trump as he puts an end to payments by the Palestinian Authority to terrorists. God, we trust You to get behind every endeavor Trump makes to dry up this ravaging murderous group. In the mighty Name of Jesus we pray.
- "But I know your abode, and your going out, and your coming in, and your rage against Me (God). Because your rage against Me, and your tumult, is come into my ears, therefore will I put My hook in your nose, and My bridle in Your lips, and I will turn you back by the way by which you came." (Isaiah 37:28-29)
9. Russia Sends Its Most Advanced Fighters to U.S. Coast - Yahoo News
Four Russian aircraft flew near the Alaskan coast last night, including two of Russia's most advanced fighter planes. The flight, which was intercepted by U.S. Air Force F-22 Raptor fighters, came a week after Russian military aircraft flew near America's Arctic territory four days in a row.
Wednesday evening's incident involved two Tu-95MS "Bear" strategic bombers and a pair of Su-35 "Flanker-E" or "Super Flanker" heavy fighters. Although the presence of the Bear bombers was not unusual, it was the first time that Super Flankers had been seen off the coast of Alaska.
The Super Flanker is an updated version of the 1980s-era Su-27 "Flanker" and Russia's most advanced fighter jet, with an improved radar and powerful, thrust-vectoring engines. The Super Flankers were reportedly unarmed. (Read more)
- Lord God, You see every move the Russians are making, and we pray You will put up Your hand and prevent them from getting any closer to Alaska. Protect our borders, Lord, by placing a ring of fire all around the borders of the United States that the Russians cannot penetrate. Put the fear of God in their hearts and change their course and remove them from flying over Alaska. In the Name of Jesus we pray.
- "Let God arise, let His enemies be scattered: let them also that hate Him flee before him. As smoke is driven away, so drive them away, as wax melts before the fire, so let the wicked perish at the presence of God." (Psalm 68:1-2)
10a. Macron Wins French Elections in Landslide - Newsmax
Emmanuel Macron was elected president of France on Sunday with a business-friendly vision of European integration, defeating Marine Le Pen, a far-right nationalist who threatened to take France out of the European Union, early projections showed. The centrist's emphatic victory, which also smashed the dominance of France's mainstream parties, will bring huge relief to European allies who had feared another populist upheaval to follow Britain's vote to quit the EU and Donald Trump's election as U.S. president.
Macron topped 66 percent of the vote as the interior ministry counted the final few votes in France's presidential election early on Monday. (Read more)
10b. Emmanuel Macron: Trump tweets congratulations to French president-elect - Fox News
President Donald Trump took to Twitter Sunday to congratulate Emmanuel Macron on his overwhelming victory in the French presidential election.
Trump congratulated Macron on his "big win" in the second round of voting and said he looks forward to working with France's new leader. He didn't immediately extend an invitation for Macron to visit the White House. (Read more)
- Lord God, we ask that Your hand of blessing would rest today on the people of France, as they have chosen their new president. Lord God, we once again thank You for the promise of Proverbs 21:1, in Your name, amen.
- "The king's heart is in the hand of the Lord, Like the rivers of water; He turns it wherever He wishes." (Proverbs 21:1)
The Daily Jot
Friday, May 5, 2017
Iran, Turkey Agree to Cooperate in Syria
AFP reports that Russia, Turkey and Iran have signed an agreement to establish safe zones in Syria that may lead to bringing peace over that nation. The pact provides for a ceasefire in hostilities, a ban on all flights over the areas, and the distribution of humanitarian aid to returning refugees. Russia and Iran have been supporting Syria in the civil war between Syria's dictator Bashar Assad and Islamic rebel factions. The rebels, many of which are part of terrorist groups that have been supported by both the previous White House and Turkey, vowed to continue fighting. They don't agree that Iran and Turkey have authority to decide their actions. This agreement could be a type and shadow of end time prophecy.
Ezekiel 38:2 says, "...set thy face against Gog, the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal, and prophesy against them." Magog, Meshech, Tubal are all located in what is now modern Turkey. Verse 5 says, "Persia, Ethiopia, and Libya with them..." Persia is modern day Iran.Turkey and Iran are rivals as they are positioning for control of the Middle East. We know, however, that Magog (Turkey) eventually leads and Persia follows. These players represent both Shiite and Sunni Muslims who unite against Israel in the "acharit-hayamim," meaning the end of days. God will destroy them with earthquakes, fire and brimstone. Ezekiel 38: 21 says, "...every man's sword shall be against his brother."
In Chapter 2 of the prophetic book of Daniel, King Nebuchadnezzar had a dream that perplexed him and none of his astrologers, magicians or sorcerers could interpret it. Daniel was called upon to do so in what has become a keystone of prophetic end time interpretation for the Day of the Lord. Daniel describes a statue with a head of gold, breast and arms of silver, belly and thighs of brass, and Verse 33 says "His legs of iron, his feet part of iron and part of clay." He is talking about the kingdoms or empires leading to the end of days. Verse 44 explains "And whereas you saw iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay." Another use of the word "cleave" means "be united."
Turkey and Iran both figure prominently in the end of days, and one must come into submission to the other for prophecy to be fulfilled. Some Bible scholars and end time watchmen see Turkey and Iran as part of that mixture of clay and iron that can hold strong for a time, but is destroyed by the Lord, "and they shall know that I am the Lord (Ezekiel 38:23)." Turkey brings Iran into agreement to attack Israel. But the Lord destroys them and in the process they turn on one another. With the agreement regarding Syria, we may be seeing how such an end time alliance can be created with the influence of other nations such as Russia and the US. Let's keep an eye on these developments. Watch and pray.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
NDP News (Part One)
'Hear Us, Forgive Us, Heal Us!'
Anne Graham Lotz' Plea for National Day of Prayer
National Prayer Day Chairman Anne Graham Lotz shared with CBN News about her prayer for the president, and about this year's theme: "For Your Great Name's Sake! Hear us, Forgive us, Heal us!"
"So I just took Daniel chapter 9 verse 19, and the theme is for the glory of His great name that He would hear our prayer, that He would forgive our sin, that He would heal our land," she said.
Anne Graham Lotz is a leading American Christian evangelist and the daughter of evangelist Billy Graham.
She sat down with CBN to talk about the biggest issues facing our nation that we need to focus prayers on.
"I think the greatest issue is the moral and spiritual bankruptcy in our nation. The abandonment of godly principles, the abandonment of God's Word-that's the most distressing," said Graham Lotz. She even had a message for America's Commander in Chief.
"I pray that President Trump would turn to God, that in his heart he would look to God in prayer," said Graham Lotz. (CBN) Read more.
NDP News (Part Two)
NATIONAL DAY OF PRAYER, 2017
BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
We come together on our National Day of Prayer as one Nation, under God, to show gratitude for our many blessings, to give thanks for His providence, and to ask for His continued wisdom, strength, and protection as we chart a course for the future. We are united in prayer, each according to our own faith and tradition, and we believe that in America, people of all faiths, creeds, and religions must be free to exercise their natural right to worship according to their consciences.
We are also reminded and reaffirm that all human beings have the right, not only to pray and worship according to their consciences, but to practice their faith in their homes, schools, charities, and businesses ‑‑ in private and in the public square ‑‑ free from government coercion, discrimination, or persecution. Religion is not merely an intellectual exercise, but also a practical one that demands action in the world. Even the many prisoners around the world who are persecuted for their faith can pray privately in their cells. But our Constitution demands more: the freedom to practice one's faith publicly.
The religious liberty guaranteed by the Constitution is not a favor from the government, but a natural right bestowed by God. Our Constitution and our laws that protect religious freedom merely recognize the right that all people have by virtue of their humanity. As Thomas Jefferson wisely questioned: "can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?"
In 1789, President George Washington proclaimed a day of public thanksgiving and prayer, calling upon Americans to "unite in most humbly offering our prayers and supplications to the great Lord and Ruler of Nations." In 1988, the Congress, by Public Law 100-307, called on the President to issue each year a proclamation designating the first Thursday in May as a "National Day of Prayer." On this National Day of Prayer, the right to pray freely and live according to one's faith is under threat around the world from coercive governments and terrorist organizations. We therefore pray especially for the many people around the world who are persecuted for their beliefs and deprived of their fundamental liberty to live according to their conscience. We pray for the triumph of freedom over oppression, and for God's love and mercy over evil.
NOW, THEREFORE, I, DONALD J. TRUMP, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, do hereby proclaim May 4, 2017, as a National Day of Prayer. I invite the citizens of our Nation to pray, in accordance with their own faiths and consciences, in thanksgiving for the freedoms and blessings we have received, and for God's guidance and continued protection as we meet the challenges before us.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this fourth day of May, in the year of our Lord two thousand seventeen, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and forty-first.
DONALD J. TRUMP
Download a copy of the 2017 National Day of Prayer Presidential Proclamation
NDP News (Part Three)
Watch Steven Curtis Chapman Sing The Lord's Prayer
and Other Hymns at The White House
(Washington, DC) - [CBN News] Five-time Grammy Award winner and well known Christian artist Steven Curtis Chapman performed twice for President Donald Trump in a 24-hour period. (Photo Credit: CBN News) The 58-time Dove Award-winning artist sang Thursday morning at a National Day of Prayer ceremony in the Rose Garden of the White House, opening the event with the hymns, "Great is Thy Faithfulness" and "The Lord's Prayer." On the eve of the National Day of Prayer, he sang at a White House dinner attended by evangelical leaders.
"One of the more intimidating things I've ever done in my life - interrupting conversation with the president of the United States," a candid Chapman told those in attendance, who responded with chuckles and applause. At the evening event, he sang "Be Still and Know" and "The Lord's Prayer." "The prayer that Jesus taught us to pray... so you all can just join me in your hearts and just pray this with me," Chapman said while strumming on his guitar before singing "The Lord's Prayer." Trump tweeted on Thursday, "Beautiful evening with Religious leaders here at the WH last night." Video attached to the tweet was of Chapman singing.
> > > Click here to watch the video.
> > > Click Here For More Information.
NDP News (Part Four)
USA National Day of Prayer Miracles
& Australia's Partnership in the Battle
To read this report from Warwick Marsh, go here.
Please note: Australia mobilized 32 other nations to pray for America on this year's National Day of Prayer. Thank you, Australia!
This Just In . . .
In the South Pacific:
Severe Tropical Cyclone Donna now Category 5 and dangerous
Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
Fiji Meteorology Service's last Media Release No 5 issued late Sunday afternoon, 7 May 2017, reported that Severe Tropical Cyclone Donna had weakened from Category 4 to Category 3. However both their Forecast Track Map and their Threat Track Map show that Severe Tropical Cyclone at midday today Monday (Fiji time) had intensified to Category 5.
In the media report from New Zealand Herald (complete with video) below my signature block Severe Tropical Cyclone Donna, Category 5, is being called the worst May storm on record in South Pacific. Please read this report. As I commence sending out this email to you there has not been a new media release issued by Fiji, but please check for updates at www.met.gov.fj
Please continue to come before the Lord and cry out for His mercy toward man and beast, life and limb, in all areas affected by Tropical Cyclone Donna throughout its life as a weather system. Pray also as the Holy Spirit may lead you.
With love in Christ Jesus,
Australian Indigenous Prayer Network
PO Box 27, Mapleton, 4560, QLD
Ph: (07) 5478 6765
The Persecuted Church
"Remember the prisoners, as though in prison with them, and those who are ill-treated, since you yourselves also are in the body." (Hebrews 13:3)
Please visit the website for International Christian Concern to lift up prayers for the persecuted around the world, every day. Their link is: www.persecution.org -- or go here to connect. Thank you for interceding for our brothers and sisters who are suffering in Asia, the Islamic World, and the Far East.
The Bible Readathon
Our Bible Readathon Continues
"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." (Psalm 119:105)
We are now reading the Word of God every night from midnight to 6:00 a.m. EST. We are reading through the whole Word, from Genesis to Revelation, and beginning again in Genesis when finished.
Our numbers of readers continues to grow over time. All are welcome to join!
The access code is: 350430#. Please call at any time from midnight to 6:00 a.m. EST. WELCOME!
[Note: we are reading from these versions of the Scripture: King James, New King James, New American Standard, and NIV.]