To read the short form of yesterday's Brief,
please go here.
Special Alert from PrayerSurgeNow: go here.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Thursday, May 18, 2017
"Praying for All in Authority"
Thursday, May 18, 2017
"Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth." (John 17:17)
please go here. Thank you!
"Standing Together as One . . . Under the Cross of Christ"
Praying for President Trump's Trip
Praying for President Trump's Trip
Below please find a number of articles that address various aspects of President Trump's trip, which will begin tomorrow. During his time overseas, he will visit Saudi Arabia, Israel, and the Vatican (in that order.) He will also attend meetings of the EU in Brussels, Belgium, ending with one more meeting of the G7 in Italy.
First Lady Melania Trump will accompany her husband on this eight-day, marathon journey.
Please pray for safety, protection, strength and excellent health for both of them as they represent our nation overseas and may God grant them journeying mercies throughout. Thank you.
1. Donald Trump Trip: The Itinerary for His First Trip Abroad - Time.com
2. Trump Signals Shift in Middle East Strategy With Symbolic First Stop in Saudi Arabia - Voice of America
3. Trump to give 'inspiring' speech on Islam in Saudi Arabia - Times of Israel
4. Sudan President, Charged With Genocide, Is Invited to Saudi Summit - New York Times
5. Trump to address religious divides in first trip abroad - Yahoo.com
6. President Trump to Meet With Palestinian President in Bethlehem - Newsweek.com
7. Trump to visit Jewish, Christian holy sites in Jerusalem - Reuters
Focus on Israel
1. Knesset Members, Major Rabbis Call For Jews to Ascend Temple Mount En Masse On Jerusalem Day - Breaking Israel News
A call by Knesset members and major rabbis is expected to bring record crowds to the Temple Mount on Jerusalem's Jubilee next week. The United Temple Movements called the gathering as a joyous echo of the original declaration made by Israeli soldiers 50 years ago when they announced in victory, "The Temple Mount is in our hands."
"50 years after [IDF General] Motti Gur said to the nation, 'The Temple Mount is in our hands,' I cry out to you, men and women, religious and secular, come up to Jerusalem, to the Temple Mount, with massive joy, and children's laughter, in hope for the building of Jerusalem in completeness, our eternal capital, the most beautiful in the world," encouraged Miri Regev, Culture and Sport Minister (Likud), in a video urging Israelis to ascend on the momentous day. (Read more)
- Abba, what a glorious time we live in, to see the children of Israel living again in the land! We ask for Your protection over the whole land of Israel next week, especially on the Temple Mount. We ask that You send angels to guard every perimeter and that You would pour Your love upon them. We pray that any plans of the enemy would be confused and stopped in the tracks, in the name of Yeshua, amen.
2. Official Trump Itinerary Confirmed: Western Wall Yes, Masada No - Breaking Israel News
The White House officially confirmed US President Donald Trump's itinerary for his first official visit to Israel on May 22-23, including a visit to the Western Wall.
President Trump will arrive in Jerusalem on May 22 where he will meet with President Reuven Rivlin and proceed to lay a wreath at the Yad Vashem Holocaust Memorial. Recent reports have hinted to Trump potentially giving a speech at Masada, but the plan was canceled on account of the desert heat. The Israel Museum in the Givat Ram neighborhood of Jerusalem was selected instead.
"The president will deliver remarks at the Israel Museum and celebrate the unique history of Israel and of the Jewish people while reaffirming America's unshakable bond with our closest ally in the Middle East," said US National Security Advisor H.R. McMaster at a White House press briefing. (Read more)
- Father God, we ask that Your will regarding President Trump's itinerary be done and nothing else. We pray for Your divine appointments along his path. We ask for protection for President Trump and all of his family and staff that travel with him. We pray that while he is in Israel he would have a deep encounter with You, Abba, and that he would be forever changed by you. We give you praise and thanks, in the name of Yeshua, amen.
3. Historic 50-Year Celebration in Judea on Eve of Trump Visit - United with Israel
As Trump lands in Israel for his first visit as US president, a historic celebration will take place in Judea marking the 50th anniversary of the liberation of the ancient Jewish homeland.
"As far as settlements, I'd like to see you hold back on settlements for a little bit," US President Donald Trump told Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in a memorable press conference this past February in Washington, D.C.
If this is still Trump's position, he may surprised to arrive in Israel just hours before a historic building inauguration in the heart of Judea. On Sunday, May 21st, the 25th of Iyar on the Hebrew calendar, Rabbis Ari Abramowitz and Jeremy Gimpel will host an internationally live-streamed mega-celebration of the 50th anniversary of the Jewish return to Judea during the first day of the Six-Day War in 1967. (Read more)
- Abba, we pray for Your peace during this building inauguration and celebration in Judea. We ask that You give wisdom to President Trump as well as Prime Minister Netanyahu and that You be in the midst of their meeting. We pray for safety for everyone attending this event. In the name of Yeshua, amen.
4. 'We need to be realistic about Trump visit' - Israel National News
Tourism Minister Yariv Levin referred in an Arutz Sheva interview to the upcoming visit of US president Donald Trump and the reports that there is friction over aspects of the visit and changes in plans to visit Yad Vashem, the Western Wall and Masada.
Can you calm us down and restore the feeling that Trump's visit is the same moving visit which the Israeli leadership hoped it would be?
There's no place for calm but rather to see reality as it is. On the one hand, there are positive elements such as the fact that the American president is coming here at the beginning of his term and the international backing he is receiving, as well as the important statements of the US's delegate to the UN. On the other hand, there are worrying things requiring our attention, such as the Western Wall incident. Even if it was orchestrated by State Department officials and not the administration, it did not receive a proper response from the administration. We also have to see if our demand to transfer the US embassy to Jerusalem will indeed be implemented. (Read more)
- Abba, we pray for peace and grace over every aspect of President Trump's visit. We ask that You prevent strain on relations in any way and that You open ears to hear each other. We pray against any offense or misunderstanding that could happen. In the name of Yeshua, amen.
5. 'There is a limit to the trampling of our national honor' - Israel National News
MK Bezalel Somotrich (Jewish Home) protested against the failure to to include Israeli officials in the upcoming visit of President Donald Trump to the Western Wall next week.
Arutz Sheva obtained a letter which Smotrich wrote to Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu: "media reports indicate that the president of the United States plans to arrive at the Western Wall during his visit to Israel, while insisting that the visit to the sacred site will not be accompanied by an Israeli representative, apparently in order not to take a stand on the sovereignty of the State of Israel at the Western Wall."
"[This insult takes place] on the 50th anniversary of the unification of Jerusalem, just two days before the day the State of Israel marks Jerusalem Day - I urge you not to agree to it," Smotrich wrote to Netanyahu. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we pray that if it is Your will that Israeli officials will be included in this visit to the Western Wall. In the name of Yeshua, amen.
The Daily Brief
Every prayer below is presented to our Lord in the Name of Jesus Christ, amen.
1. Robert Mueller to oversee Russia election probe as special counsel - Fox News
The Justice Department announced Wednesday it has appointed former FBI Director Robert Mueller as a special counsel to oversee a federal investigation into the probe of alleged Russian influence in the 2016 presidential election.
The appointment came amid a growing Democratic outcry for someone outside the Justice Department to handle the politically charged investigation.
"In my capacity as acting Attorney General, I determined that it is in the public interest for me to exercise my authority and appoint a Special Counsel to assume responsibility for this matter," Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein said in a statement. "My decision is not a finding that crimes have been committed or that any prosecution is warranted." (Read more)
- Father, we pray Counsel Mueller will perform a thorough and fair investigation, bringing to rest unfounded accusations and speculation.
- The judges shall investigate thoroughly, and if the witness is a false witness, and he has accused his brother falsely, then you shall do to him just as he had intended to do to his brother. So you shall remove the evil from among you. (Deut. 19:18-19)
2. Rush Limbaugh: Dems angling for President Pence - WND
Amid the growing talk on Capitol Hill of impeachment, talk-radio host Rush Limbaugh suggested Democrats would be happy to have Vice President Mike Pence take over the Oval Office.
"Now, they'll take Pence in there any day. Pence, in their mind, is a conservative Republican. They think they'll roll over him inside of two weeks," Limbaugh told his listeners recently.
Limbaugh said Pence is much more acceptable to Democrats than Trump. "Pence, at least, is a governor. You can make a greater claim that he comes from their side of the tracks - and as a good conservative, he's very happy to lose," he said.
"In their minds - I'm not saying that describes Pence - that's how they see him," Limbaugh continued. "They think they can roll Pence and send him packing inside of a year. They think they can embarrass and humiliate him." (Read more)
- Father, we pray against the forces of chaos and darkness allied against President Trump. We pray he will accomplish all You have entrusted to him.
- " . . . to those who use well what they are given, even more will be given."
(Luke 19:26, excerpt)
3. James Dobson: Want your daughters forced into combat? - WND
WND reported last month when Dr. James Dobson, the pioneering radio voice of Christian and family values for tens of millions through Focus on the Family and now Family Talk, called for his supporters to flood the telephones lines of two U.S. lawmakers and the secretary of defense to protest plans to impose the military draft on women.
Now he's saying the villain is at the door, and all Americans should be calling their members of Congress to fight the plan.
In his April newsletter, Dobson listed the office telephone numbers for Rep. Duncan Hunter, R-Calif., (202-225-5672), Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., (202-224-2235) and Secretary of Defense James Mattis (703-571-3343).
"Please weigh in on what is happening here. Contact the . . . 'players' and tell them you will not stand for this intrusion into America's young womanhood. Pull no punches. Irreversible decisions could be made at any minute." (Read more)
- Father, we pray our government will not implement this foolish policy! We pray the men of our nation will rise up and protect our women and girls.
- But we will arm ourselves for battle and go ahead of the Israelites until we have brought them to their place. Meanwhile our women and children will live in fortified cities, for protection from the inhabitants of the land. (Numbers 32:17)
4. Another large-scale cyberattack underway: experts - Yahoo
Another large-scale, stealthy cyberattack is underway on a scale that could dwarf last week's assault on computers worldwide, a global cybersecurity firm told AFP on Wednesday.
The new attack targets the same vulnerabilities the WannaCry ransomware worm exploited but, rather than freeze files, uses the hundreds of thousands of computers believed to have been infected to mine virtual currency.
Following the detection of the WannaCry attack on Friday, researchers at Proofpoint discovered a new attack linked to WannaCry called Adylkuzz, said Nicolas Godier, a researcher at the computer security firm. "It uses the hacking tools recently disclosed by the NSA and which have since been fixed by Microsoft in a more stealthy manner and for a different purpose," he said. (Read more)
- Father, we pray for protection, especially over our vital systems of national security, infrastructure and healthcare. Help our software programmers resolve these problems quickly and effectively.
- "He may have a great army, but they are merely men. We have the Lord our God to help us and to fight our battles for us!" Hezekiah's words greatly encouraged the people." (2 Chronicles 32:8)
5. U.S. conducts military drill to counter N. Korea's WMDs - Yonhap News Agency
U.S. soldiers stationed in South Korea have recently conducted an exercise aimed at destroying North Korea's weapons of mass destruction (WMDs) by practicing a ship-to-shore air assault from a South Korean warship, the infantry division said Thursday. The U.S. Army forces carried out the exercise, called "Warrior Strike 7" at Camp Stanley in Euijeongbu, just north of Seoul, and the Rodriguez Live Fire Complex near the inter-Korean border, it said.
"The exercise is designed to enhance the battalions' skills in counter-WMD operations," according to a Facebook account on the 2nd Infantry Division. It did not reveal when the exercise took place.
The drill involved the Dokdo, the South Korean warship, and was the first ship-to-shore air exercise mobilizing a South Korean naval vessel, it said. (Read more)
- Father, we continue to lift up the potential for war and pray You would bring Your Peace to the Korean Peninsula. Whatever happens Lord, prepare our nation and our armed forces.
- But now he will surprise many nations. Kings will be amazed and shut their mouths. They will see things they had not been told about him, and they will understand things they had not heard. (Isaiah 52:15)
6. Iran Nuclear Deal Will Remain for Now, White House Signals - New York Times
The Trump administration signaled on Wednesday that it would not, for now, jettison the Iran nuclear deal, despite the president's harsh criticism of the agreement during the campaign.
Facing a deadline of Thursday, the administration said it was waiving sanctions against Iran, as required under the deal. To have done otherwise would have violated the accord, freeing the Iranians to resume the production of nuclear fuel without any of the limits negotiated by the Obama administration two years ago.
But while acknowledging that the deal would remain in place, the administration imposed modest new sanctions against several Iranian individuals and four organizations, including a China-based network that supplied missile-related items to a key Iranian defense entity. (Read more)
- Father, truly our only hope is in You to restrain and defeat the enemies of Israel and the United States. Help each nation develop political solutions to the problem of Iran, including the replacement of this agreement.
- I know that You can do all things, and that no thought or purpose of Yours can be restrained. (Job 42:2)
7. Trump presses Turkey's Erdogan to release jailed US pastor - CNN
US President Donald Trump raised the issue of a US pastor imprisoned in Turkey three times during a meeting with the Turkish president Tuesday, according to the American Center for Law and Justice (ACLJ). The White House confirmed Trump had raised the subject of Brunson during his meeting with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan in Washington, their first face-to-face meeting since Trump took office in January.
"President Trump raised the incarceration of Pastor Andrew Brunson and asked that the Turkish Government expeditiously return him to the United States," the White House said in a statement after the meeting. (Read more)
- Father, we pray for the release of Pastor Brunson and for the oppressive political situation in Turkey to change. We pray the heritage of Turkey, as a Christian nation, would be reborn.
- They are reborn-not with a physical birth resulting from human passion or plan, but a birth that comes from God. (John 1:13)
8. UN envoy Haley to travel to Jordan, Turkey in first overseas trip - The Times of Israel
US Ambassador Nikki Haley will make her first trip overseas this week as Washington's envoy to the United Nations, traveling to Jordan and Turkey to focus on the plight of Syrian refugees.
Haley will meet with government officials and representatives of non-governmental organizations and UN agencies during the visit from May 19 to 25.
Haley has cut the figure of a renegade in the Trump administration, winning praise for breaking with the White House on policies toward Syria, Russia and most recently Jerusalem. (Read more)
- Father, we pray Ambassador Haley will represent the United States and You well in both Jordan and Turkey. Help her develop key relationships to relieve the suffering of the Syrian people.
- Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Relieve the troubles of my heart and free me from my anguish. (Psalm 25:16-17)
9. At UN, US warns Venezuela could turn into another Syria - DNA India
The United States has warned at the United Nations that Venezuela's crisis was worsening and could escalate into a major conflict similar to Syria or South Sudan. At least 43 people have died during weeks of clashes between government forces and opposition demonstrators angry at President Nicolas Maduro's handling of an economic and political crisis.
"This isn't getting better, it's getting worse, and what we are trying to say is the international community needs to say 'respect the human rights of your people' or this is going to go in the direction we've seen so many others go," US Ambassador Nikki Haley told reporters yesterday following Security Council talks. (Read more)
- Father, we pray You would deliver the people of Venezuela from their oppressive government. We intercede for their repentance and restoration of their nation to a right relationship with You.
- "O Lord, You have heard the desire of the humble and oppressed; You will strengthen their heart, You will incline Your ear to hear." (Psalm 10:17)
10. Car jumps curb, hits pedestrians in Times Square - Fox News
One woman was killed and 22 other pedestrians were struck when a speeding car plowed into a crowd in New York's Times Square on Thursday afternoon.
The suspected driver, Richard Rojas, was taken into custody in the incident, New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio said during a news conference. The 26-year-old Bronx man had two prior arrests for driving while intoxicated, in 2008 and 2015, and he was being tested for alcohol consumption on Thursday. Rojas is a U.S. citizen who previously served in the Navy, authorities said.
There's no indication the crash was related to terrorism, de Blasio said, however, the White House and FBI were made aware of the incident.
Of those who were hit, an 18-year-old woman was killed and her 13-year-old sister injured. Four of the 22 injuries were considered critical, officials said, though all were expected to survive. Three other people were in serious condition. (Read more)
- Father, we are grateful that this "vehicular attack" was not perpetrated by a terrorist. We ask Your comfort to rest upon the family of the woman who was killed, and healing for all who were injured today in Times Square. Amen.
- "The effectual, fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." (James 5:16)
The Daily Jot
Thursday, May 18, 2017
The politics of lies
Vladimir Lenin is quoted as saying, "A lie told often enough becomes the truth." Hitler's propaganda man Joseph Goebbels seemed to perfect it with his explanation, "If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State." In America today, the "State" is the extreme left that has infiltrated all influential segments of society.
There are some big lies being told. The watchdog of lies, the free press, is part of the machine that cranks out lie after lie without seeking the truth. The truth has become such a moving target that it is only what each individual perceives as the truth. One person's truth may be different than another's truth. And neither may be true or one may be true or both may have parts of the truth. A little bit of truth makes a better lie. Psychology Today, in its article "Top Ten Secrets of Effective Liars," says the hardest lies to catch are the ones that tell the truth, but in a way that leaves a false impression. Like Goebbels and Lenin, politicians and their handlers know how to make lies stick.
There is a great amount of lies and deception hovering over America these days. People don't know what the truth is. And with so many negative stories bombarding us repeatedly every minute of every day, it is very difficult to get your bearings. There is a new story every minute that distracts from the previous one. The vast majority of them tell a little bit of truth to leave the impression that the author wants. The rest of the story may just be opinion or even propaganda. Themes repeated over and over again become as if they are truth, and they begin to shape opinions favorable to the lie. The "narrative," as it is called, is a controlled repetition of the lie-maker's craft aimed at winning the point.
Anything that the target of the lies does that reduces trust only gives more life to the lies. Case in point, is President Donald Trump's responses in social media and his lack of "polish" in what he says. His words are his personal enemy that continuously feed the cacophony surrounding his every move. Eventually, if left unchecked with no counterbalance, a line will be crossed where Trump will be rendered ineffective and what ever he does or says will be demeaned, even by his own supporters. We have a crisis on our hands here in America. This needs prayer and supplication, a miracle. I write this as Proverbs 22:21 says, "That I might make you know the certainty of the words of truth; that you might answer the words of truth to them that send unto you." Pray. Act. Speak truth. Change the narrative.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
A Letter to President Trump
WILL PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP FAIL TO KEEP HIS BY HIMSELF UTTERED PROMISES TO ISRAEL?
May 18, 2017
Jan Willem van der Hoeven, Director
The International Christian Zionist Center
To read this letter, please go here.
Good News from Kentucky
Good News from Kentucky:
Kentucky Printer Can Refuse LGBT Message
The Kentucky Court of Appeals ruling on Friday affirmed a printer who objected to promoting a message for Lexington's Gay and Lesbian Services Organization (GLSO) which conflicted with his sincerely held religious beliefs. Hands On Originals' managing owner, Blaine Adamson, represented by Alliance Defending Freedom, refused to print T-shirts for the 2012 Lexington Pride Festival because he disagreed with the shirt's message of "pride in being gay."
Although he declined to print the shirts, he offered to refer the GLSO to another printer who would have made the shirts. Unsatisfied, the GLSO filed a complaint with the commission-despite eventually receiving the shirts for free from another printer. In 2014, the Lexington-Fayette Urban County Human Rights Commission ruled that Blaine Adamson of Hands On Originals must print messages that conflict with his faith when customers ask him to do so. (Liberty Counsel) Read more
- Father, we pray You would continue to encourage Christians all around our nation to hold on to their convictions and refuse to do things that violate their conscience, honoring the prompting of the Holy Spirit within them.
- "You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot." (Matthew 5:13)
More Daily Features
The Persecuted Church
"Remember the prisoners, as though in prison with them, and those who are ill-treated, since you yourselves also are in the body." (Hebrews 13:3)
Please visit the website for International Christian Concern to lift up prayers for the persecuted around the world, every day. Their link is: www.persecution.org -- or go here to connect. Thank you for interceding for our brothers and sisters who are suffering in Asia, the Islamic World, and the Far East.
They Will Know We Are Christians by Our Love
"By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you love one another." (John 13:35)
We are one in the Spirit, we are one in the Lord
We are one in the Spirit, we are one in the Lord
And we pray that our unity will one day be restored
And they'll know we are Christians by our love, by our love
We will work with each other, we will work side by side
We will work with each other, we will work side by side
And we'll guard each man's dignity and save each man's pride
And they'll know we are Christians by our love, by our love
Yeah, they'll know we are Christians by our love.
Please go here.
About the Author:
Words and Music: Peter Scholtes, 1966
About the hymn:
Peter wrote the hymn "They'll Know We Are Christians by Our Love" while he was a parish priest at St. Brendan's on the South Side of Chicago in the 1960s. At the time, he was leading a youth choir out of the church basement and was looking for an appropriate song for a series of ecumenical, interracial events. When he couldn't find such a song, he wrote the now-famous hymn in a single day. His experiences at St. Brendan's, and in the Chicago Civil Rights movement, influenced him for the rest of his life.
Signs and Wonders
"Chills Covered My Body":
Photo Taken Just Moments after Fatal Car Accident is Providing Grieving Family with Peace
The fatal accident unfolded on April 25 in Hall County, Georgia, when Hannah Simmons, 23, her baby girl A'lannah and a friend named Lauren Bureau, 28, lost control of their vehicle and hit another car, Today.com reported.
In the midst of that tragedy, a woman named Anisa Gannon, who was on her way to work and was caught in the resulting traffic, decided to take a photo of the scene to prove that she was caught in the middle of a traffic scenario that was beyond her control.
It was later, though, when Gannon's aunt, Tara Noble, looked at that photo, that she noticed something curious-a beam of light seemingly extending from the sky to the roadway where the emergency workers were trying to help the victims.
Inside that beam some family members believe they can see at least two tiny, white orbs.
"Oh, my gosh," Noble said to herself. "It's a pathway to Heaven."
The image was so stirring that Noble decided to reach out to the families of the victims of the crash to show them the beam of light and to try and help bring them some peace and healing. And, in the end, that's exactly what the photo accomplished.
Jodie Carter, Bureau's aunt, telling WSB-TV that the photo left her speechless and gave her a profound peace.
"It took my breath away. Chills covered my body. And then a peace came over me," she told the outlet. "I see God taking them up to Heaven. Their spirits, their orbs are up there. No other explanation." (Breaking Christian News) Read more
"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea." (Luke 21:25)
The Good News Corner
"Lord Jesus, Help Us Get Her Out": Watch This Intense Rescue of a Teen Trapped behind ISIS Lines
(Mosul, Iraq)-[Faithwire.com] Stunning video is emerging of American missionaries dodging ISIS gunfire in the heart of enemy territory in order to save the life of a trapped teenaged girl.
Faithwire has been documenting the efforts of the Free Burma Rangers, a Christian organization seeking to help the oppressed in areas such as Burma, Iraq, Syria and more. They have been doing incredible work in the Mosul area as fighting continues to rage on, and today they posted a dramatic video of FBR's David Eubank leading an operation to rescue a teenager trapped in the rubble of her own home in Mosul.
Read more Watch here
"Great Are You Lord" - All Sons and Daughters
The Bible Readathon
Our Bible Readathon Continues
"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." (Psalm 119:105)
We are now reading the Word of God every night from midnight to 6:00 a.m. EST. We are reading through the whole Word, from Genesis to Revelation, and beginning again in Genesis when finished.
Our numbers of readers continues to grow over time. All are welcome to join!
The access code is: 350430#. Please call at any time from midnight to 6:00 a.m. EST. WELCOME!
[Note: we are reading from these versions of the Scripture: King James, New King James, New American Standard, and NIV.]