Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Monday, May 15, 2017
"Praying for All in Authority"
Monday, May 15, 2017
"Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.." (John 17:17)
"Standing Together as One . . . Under the Cross of Christ"
Focus on Israel
1. Insight for Intercessors: Weekly Report
To read this weekly report, please go here.
Note: there is vital information included here, given the president's upcoming trip to Israel and the Middle East.
2. Bridges for Peace: Israel Prayer Update
To read this weekly bulletin out of Jerusalem, please go here.
3. Netanyahu Stresses Commitment to Peace ahead of Trump Visit - Bridges for Peace
The first offer came 70 years ago. In 1947, the United Nations Partition Plan presented the Palestinians with the opportunity for their own state alongside Israel-and a future of peace and stability. The Palestinians responded with a firm "no thank you" and started a war. The second offer came in 2000 with the Camp David Accords. Once again, the Palestinians turned their backs on peace and an independent state of their own-and started the Second Intifada (uprising). The third opportunity came in 2008, when the Palestinians were offered nearly everything they had demanded over the years: a Palestinian state on roughly 97% of Judea and Samaria and a capital in east Jerusalem. But Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas simply thumbed his nose at the offer and continued to peddle the Palestinian victim narrative of Israeli occupation and oppression to an international audience.
Despite a history marked by Israeli efforts met with Palestinian refusals, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu remains optimistic about the prospect of a future of peaceful coexistence in the Promised Land. Moreover, he is eager to work with United States (US) President Donald Trump to achieve this goal. (read more)
- Bring PM Netanyahu and the Israeli cabinet before the Lord and pray for unity as they deal with and pursue the peace process. Ask God to instruct them with His will and wisdom. Pray for guidance as Israel prepares for the visit of President Trump.
- "I will bless the Lord who has given me counsel; my heart also instructs me in the night seasons. I have set the Lord always before me; because He is at my right hand I shall not be moved." (Psalm 16:7-8)
[Prayer offered by Bridges for Peace]
4. US Chairman of Joint Chiefs of Staff in Israel as Mark of "Rock Solid" Ties - The Tower/Bridges for Peace
Marine Corps Gen. Joseph F. Dunford Jr., chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, arrived in Israel Monday to meet with Israel's top leaders, including Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, Defense Minister Avigdor Lieberman and Chief of General Staff Lt. Gen. Gadi Eizenkot.
Dunford, was received at the Kirya, the headquarters of Israel's Defense Ministry in Tel Aviv, with an honor guard, The Times of Israel reported Tuesday. Eizenkot awarded Dunford a medal of appreciation "for his exceptional service, his special contribution to the IDF [Israel Defense Forces], and the personal leadership he has demonstrated in strengthening the ties between the United States Military and the Israel Defense Forces."
In August of last year, Dunford had given Eizenkot a Legion of Merit medal for "exceptionally meritorious service." (Read more)
- Intercede for the relationship between Israel and the USA and ask God to protect the 'rock solid' tie. Pray specifically for General Dunford Jr, Defense Minister Lieberman and IDF Chief of Staff Eizenkot to persevere in fighting terrorism, asking for wise counselors in their midst and also praying for their family life to be peaceful and filled with joy as they conquer the world's troubles.
- "Let peoples serve you, and nations bow down to you. Be master over your brethren, and let your mother's sons bow down to you. Cursed be everyone who curses you, and blessed be those who bless you!" (Genesis 27:29)
[Prayer offered by Bridges for Peace]
5. Abbas said to agree to summit with Netanyahu and Trump - Times of Israel
Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas has reportedly agreed to meet with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu under the auspices of US President Donald Trump in an attempt to restart peace talks during the American president's visit to Israel later this month.
On Wednesday, an unnamed Palestinian Authority official confirmed to Channel 2 an earlier report in the Arabic Al-Hayat daily that Trump is expected to announce a trilateral summit with the two leaders during his visit to Israel and the Palestinian Authority on May 22-23.
According to a Channel 10 report, Abbas agreed to the proposed meeting in order to send the message that he is willing to immediately resume negotiations without preconditions and that the only thing preventing renewed peace talks is Netanyahu. (Read more)
- Father God, unveil the deceit and treacherous ways of PA President Abbas and surround this meeting with President Trump and President Netanyahu with holy angels of God who will compel the whole truth to be spoken. God, may the angels guard the truth and shine holy light on any lies, deceitfulness or hidden agendas. We ask for the holy will of God to be done at this meeting. In the Name of Jesus Christ we pray.
- "God's people also shall be all righteous: they shall inherit the Land forever, the branch of my planting, the work of my hands, that I may be glorified." (Isaiah 60:21)
The Daily Brief
Every prayer below is presented to our Lord in the Name of Jesus Christ, amen.
1. Malware, described in leaked NSA documents, cripples computers worldwide - Washington Post
Hackers unleashed an attack that disabled computers in dozens of nations Friday using a software flaw that once was part of the National Security Agency's surveillance tool kit.
The resulting wave of online chaos affected tens of thousands of machines worldwide, snarling operations at the Russian Interior Ministry, Spanish telecommunications giant Telefónica and Britain's National Health Service (NHS), where hospitals were hobbled and medical procedures interrupted.
Europe, Latin America and parts of Asia were hit particularly hard, although in the United States, FedEx also reported falling prey to the malware. The attack was the latest in a growing menace of "ransomware," in which hackers deliver files to computers that automatically encrypt their data, making it unusable - until a ransom is paid.
"This is not targeted at the NHS," British Prime Minister Theresa May told reporters. "It's an international attack, and a number of countries and organizations have been affected." (Read more)
- Father, we ask that this cyberspace crisis be resolved quickly. Let all of these Malware hackers be exposed and dealt with quickly. As we read that another, even more "mega" attack is planned for today, we ask that You intervene to shut this down immediately. Lord, prevent any money from going into the hands of these evil and greedy people. We give You honor and glory for bringing down this evil scheme, in Your name, amen.
- "For the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil, for which some have strayed from the faith in their greediness, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows." (1 Timothy 6:10)
2. In Israel, cyber experts joined forces to help foil massive attack - Times of Israel
As businesses resumed activities after the weekend in Israel, the nation was still assessing how many organizations and companies had been compromised by a massive electronic attack that hit over 150 countries around the world. But quick and joint action by cyber experts in Israel helped keep the attack at bay, a cybersecurity expert said on Sunday.
"We are still assessing the damage," Sharon Nimirovski, the founder and CEO of Tel Aviv based cyber firm White Hat said in a phone interview. "We are working on this event around the clock and Israeli firms have been hit but we still believe it is minor. We are still investigating. The systems have been infected, but we don't see damage. The attack reached the computers but was blocked."
"We have no idea what is going to happen today - it is still only the early hours of the day. We are already seeing a second version of the attack that was released yesterday because the first was blocked," he said. (Read more)
- "I wisdom dwell with prudence, and find out knowledge of witty inventions." (Proverbs 8:12)
3. Abbas, in meeting with Putin, says Moscow must be part of peace process - Times of Israel
Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas met with Russian President Vladimir Putin at the Sochi resort in Western Russia on Thursday, and said that solving the Israeli-Palestinian conflict will be "impossible" without the participation of Moscow in the peace process.
"It is impossible to solve the Palestinian issue without Russia's meaningful participation in the peace process. That is what we have been emphasizing at all international meetings," Abbas said in his meeting with Putin, according to the official Russian State news agency Tass. (Read more)
- Father, we pray that the pride of these leaders be brought down and they realize that they are mere man and have no control over Israel, the Jewish people or the Land without the hand of the Lord God guiding each and every step. There is no strength in man, neither in his wisdom. The mighty God of the universe will lead Israel to a victorious conclusion and it is in His powerful Name that we pray.
- "For Zion's sake will I not hold My peace, and for Jerusalem's sake I will not rest, until the righteousness thereof go forth as brightness, and the salvation thereof as a lamp that burns." (Isaiah 62:1)
4. 'Abbas has decided to sign peace deal with Israel' -- Is the Daniel 9:27 final-day peace deal in the works? - Jerusalem Post
Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas has crossed the Rubicon and voiced "unprecedented" readiness to reach a peace deal with Israel, sources close to the efforts to renew talks between Israel and the Palestinians have told The Jerusalem Post.
Abbas, according to the sources, made this clear to President Donald Trump during their meeting at the White House last week. The president plans to use his trip to Israel later this month to receive assurances from Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu that he, too, is committed to a peace agreement.
Since his meeting with Trump last week, Abbas has changed his rhetoric, issuing a number of statements meant to reflect flexibility on previous demands. He has, for example, said that he would renew the talks under Trump's auspices without preconditions. In the past, he had said he would not negotiate with Netanyahu without a freeze to settlement construction. (Read more)
-Lord God, open the eyes of President Trump and Prime Minister Netanyahu to see plainly the double talk of PA President Abbas who has never been solid and honest in any negotiations for peace with Israel. God, we ask that You bind by the power of the Blood of Jesus the underlying lies that he tells and loosen the glory of heaven that will bring about God's perfect will for the Land of Israel. In the Name of Jesus we pray.
- "And I will give unto you the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever you shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever you shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven:" (Matthew 16:19)
5. Diplomats to disrupt Trump visit with strike, despite wage assurances - Times of Israel
Foreign Ministry workers plan to go ahead with a labor strike aimed at disrupting the expected visit of US President Donald Trump, despite obtaining a further assurance from the Finance Ministry that a wage agreement will be implemented, Channel 2 television reported Thursday.
Although a meeting the night before between representatives from the Foreign Ministry, the treasury and the Prime Minister's Office produced a commitment to apply a previously formulated deal, the diplomats said they will not relent until they see the agreement not only signed but also put into practice.
The fight between the diplomatic service and the Finance Ministry over diplomats' stagnant pay has been going on for several years. The diplomats argue that past agreements are not being honored and budgets are not being approved.
"We will wait for a signed document, and more than that, for it to be implemented," Foreign Ministry workers said in a statement. "We have had enough of empty assurances and dishonest handling of labor relations." (Read more)
- Lord God in heaven, we pray that any effort made by the workers of darkness will be bound by the Blood of Jesus and that the labor strike aimed at disrupting the expected visit of U.S. President Trump will be met with defeat by the angels sent from heaven who will fight with them and bring them down. Jesus, we ask that You settle the fight between the diplomats and all other ministries and disarm them, Lord. Destroy the enemies of good causes. In the Name of Jesus we pray.
- "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff thy comfort me." (Psalm 23:4)
6. Russian fighter jet flies close to US Navy aircraft, official says - Fox News
An armed Russian fighter jet flew alarmingly close to a U.S. Navy reconnaissance aircraft flying in the Black Sea on Tuesday - just one day before Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov visited Washington.
The Russian jet came as close as 20 feet to the American aircraft and remained that close for five minutes, a U.S. defense official told Fox News. The Russian jet was carrying six air-to-air missiles under its wings, making this episode "highly provocative," one official told Fox News. It is very rare for a Russian jet to intercept a U.S. aircraft while visibly armed, officials said.
Later Thursday, a Russian Su-24 attack jet flew into South Korea's Air Defense Zone prompting the South Korean military to scramble two F-16 fighter jets to the Sea of Japan. The Russian jet came within 70 miles of the USS Carl Vinson Strike Group, "which isn't very far when you are talking about jets," a defense official told Fox News. (Read more)
- Abba Father, no one following You wants war. The Russians are once again daring the United States and South Korea to take action against their threats. They must have forgotten that the U.S. has a new sheriff in the White House who is not afraid to take defensive actions to protect our nation. Our prayer is that no warfare will be necessary to send Russia home without harm to anyone. To those making decisions we ask that You give them Your wisdom and knowledge. Let them know that Your Holy Spirit is with them in these situations. Thank You, Lord.
- "A thousand may fall at your side, And ten thousand at your right hand; But it shall not come near you. Only with your eyes shall you look and see the reward of the wicked." (Psalm 91:7-8)
7. Sessions ends Obama-era leniency on sentencing, infuriating civil rights groups - Fox News
Attorney General Jeff Sessions announced Friday that he has told prosecutors to pursue the most serious charges possible against criminal suspects - a stunning reversal of Obama-era policies, and a move that infuriated civil rights groups.
"We will enforce the laws passed by Congress pure and simple," he said at an awards ceremony in Washington D.C, adding that prosecutors deserved to be "unhandcuffed and not micro-managed from Washington."
"This is a key part of President Trump's promise to keep America safe," Sessions said. "We're seeing an increase in violent crime in our cities - in Baltimore, Chicago, Memphis, Milwaukee, St. Louis and many others. The murder rate has surged 10 percent nationwide - the largest increase since 1968."
In a letter to 94 U.S. attorneys Thursday night, Sessions called it a "core principle" that prosecutors charge and pursue "the most serious and readily provable offense." Sessions defined the most serious offenses as those that carry the most substantial guidelines sentence. (Read more)
- Our gracious Lord, thank You for Attorney General Jeff Sessions. He is working to make America safe again. Protect him and the prosecutors as they "clean up" what was been allowed by the past president. The Congressional laws will be followed. Praise You, Jesus. Amen!
- "For the Lord loves justice, And does not forsake His saints; They are preserved forever, But the descendants of the wicked shall be cut off." (Psalm 37:28)
8. Oklahoma House Declares Abortion 'Murder' - CNSNews.com
The Oklahoma House of Representatives passed a resolution on May 8 declaring abortion to be murder and directing "every public official" in the state to use their authority "to stop the murder of innocent children by abortion."
The resolution does not have the force of law but it does reflect the policy view of the Oklahoma House, which has 101 members -- 74 Republicans, 26 Democrats, and 1 vacancy. The resolution, HR 1004, passed by voice vote, and was introduced by Rep. Chuck Strohm, R-Jenks.
The resolution, in part, states that "all human life is protected by God's law and the highest laws of the land," and that the Declaration of Independence explains that "all human beings" are "endowed by their Creator with the unalienable right to life."
Further, "the Constitution of the United States mandates that no state shall deprive any human being of life, liberty, or the pursuit of happiness without due process of law, nor deny any human being within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws." (Read more)
- Father God, we praise You for this BREAKTHROUGH for LIFE in the State of Oklahoma! We pray that all other 49 states would do the same, so that the lives of every precious unborn baby in America would be protected. We ask this in Your name, amen.
- Psalm 150.
9. Vice President Mike Pence speaks at World Summit in Defense of Persecuted Christians - WhiteHouse.gov
This morning [Thursday], on behalf of President Donald Trump, it was humbling to join people of faith from across the world at the first-ever World Summit in Defense of Persecuted Christians.
There, I reaffirmed the President's commitment to defending Christians and, frankly, all who suffer for their beliefs across the wider world. America was and is and ever will be that shining city on a hill where men and women of faith throughout our history have been able to walk and openly worship their faith in God to the glory of God.
The faith of those gathered at the World Summit inspired and humbled me. The reality is, across the wider world, the Christian faith is under siege. Throughout the world, no people of faith today face greater hostility or hatred than the followers of Christ. In more than 100 countries spread to every corner of the globe -- from Iran to Eritrea, Nigeria to North Korea -- over 215 million Christians confront intimidation, imprisonment, forced conversion, abuse, assault, or worse, for holding to the truths of the Gospel. And nowhere is this onslaught against our faith more evident than in the very ancient land where Christianity was born.
- Father in heaven, we give praise and thanks for the world acknowledging the persecution of Christians worldwide. We pray for all the 215 million Christians who suffer daily from those who are unbelievers of any faith-based belief in God and His Son Jesus Christ. Call forth holy angels from Your throne room who will surround all Christians and protect them from the evil in the world to shut them down. In the holy Name of Jesus we pray.
- "Arise, O God, judge the earth, for You shall inherit all nations." (Psalm 82:8)
10. Franklin Graham Reveals the 'Real Reason' Christians Are Being Persecuted - Christian Post
Leading evangelist Franklin Graham addressed persecuted Christians from over 130 countries gathered this week for the first-ever World Summit in Defense of Persecuted Christians and explained the "real reason" why so many people throughout the world are being killed, tortured and imprisoned for their faith in Christ.
"Today, powerful, demonic forces that are absolutely opposed to Christ and His Church reach across the natural borders and cultures to seek Jesus Christ and His followers as their enemies in their struggle for worldwide domain," Graham asserted. "We must not be naive, nor can we afford to be complacent or unprepared for the challenge in these dark forces."
"Christians today may be persecuted for many reasons," Graham added. "But, the real reason I believe Christians are persecuted is to suppress their faith, quieten their voice, marginalize the very word of God. The persecution of Christians is evil. God is not the author of persecution. Evil men and women are authors and ultimately, Satan is the author of persecution." (Read more)
- Father God, we thank You for raising up Franklin Graham as a voice to our nation, and a voice on behalf of the persecuted church. We thank You for the clarity of his words, and we ask that his message now be spread far and wide across the entire globe, that multitudes will hear and know this truth. In Your name, amen.
- "Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven." (Matthew 18:19)
The Daily Jot
Friday, May 12, 2014
Discerning the NBC interview with the President
NBC News' Lester Holt interviewed President Donald Trump Thursday night in his first major news interview since the firing of FBI Director James Comey. Holt obviously was pushing the mainstream news media narrative that the Russians influenced the presidential election and that Trump had a role in it. It was one of those interviews, where Holt, in his questioning, used terms such as "unsubstantiated" to imply that Trump was a liar about wire tapping claims and that he and Russia were not in collusion. Nowadays there is a Russian colluder behind every door and under every bed at the White House, according to the media and the extreme leftists who are trying to overthrow this government.
Immediately after the interview, NBC wrote a story that changed the contextual meaning of Trump's answers by tampering with Trump's quotes. Trump said in the interview, "This Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made up story, it is an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election that they should have won...This was an excuse for having lost the election." NBC omitted the part about Russia being a made up story and an excuse for losing the election. Instead it only quoted the last part of what Trump said--"'Cause all it is, is an excuse but I said to myself, I might even lengthen out the investigation, but I have to do the right thing for the American people." The story purposely hid the counter-narrative to the left's own unsubstantiated claims.
The story also omitted that Trump said the media misrepresents him with stories containing "false sources or sources that don't exist because of the way the media is," also adding context to Trump's answers. Then NBC proved his point by quoting unnamed "legal experts" and by actually serving as a platform to give the Democratic opposition a counter voice to the Trump interview by showing their hypocritical anger over Comey's ouster. Just last week, these same people were calling for Comey to be fired over mishandling Hillary Clinton's email scandal and for not accusing Trump of colluding with the Russians. Now that Trump fired Comey, these extremists want a special prosecutor named to impeach Trump.
During the Cold War with the Soviet Union, the radical left generally ridiculed anyone who thought there was a communist threat and downplayed any accusation that Russia could possibly be infiltrating the US or influencing our election process. Today, when they want to pin the blame on someone for losing an election they thought they were going to win with ease, it's the Russians. And when they want to undermine the ability of Trump to govern, they tie him to Russia. And the news media, as exemplified by the NBC news story about the interview, is willing to alter quotes that change the context of the story to prove their point. This is deception and as Jesus said in Matthew 24:4, "Take heed that no man deceive you." Don't believe what the leftist media is reporting. They change the truth in the name of truth to foment rebellion.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
More Daily Features
The Persecuted Church
"Remember the prisoners, as though in prison with them, and those who are ill-treated, since you yourselves also are in the body." (Hebrews 13:3)
Please visit the website for International Christian Concern to lift up prayers for the persecuted around the world, every day. Their link is: www.persecution.org -- or go here to connect. Thank you for interceding for our brothers and sisters who are suffering in Asia, the Islamic World, and the Far East.
TURN YOUR EYES UPON JESUS
"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus." (Hebrews 12:2)
"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus." (Hebrews 12:2)
O soul, are you weary and troubled?
No light in the darkness you see?
There's a light for a look at the Savior,
And life more abundant and free!
Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
In the light of His glory and grace.
Through death into life everlasting
He passed, and we follow Him there;
Over us sin no more hath dominion-
For more than conquerors we are!
His Word shall not fail you-He promised;
Believe Him, and all will be well:
Then go to a world that is dying,
His perfect salvation to tell!
Please go here.
About the Author:
Words & Music: Helen H. Lemmel, 1922
Signs and Wonders
As swarm of quakes shakes Kitsap area (Washington State), Emergency Management talks earthquake preps
SEATTLE - An earthquake swarm continues to shake Kitsap County where dozens of small quakes have hit during the past week. The Pacific Northwest Seismic Network has tracked about sixty of them.
PNSN says a swarm is not extraordinary, and no cause for alarm.
"The hazard of having a big earthquake is slightly increased with this swarm going on because any of these earthquakes has the potential to crack further," said Bill Steele with PNSN. "But it's a tiny chance."
The odd of the "Big One" haven't changed. There's still about a 15 percent chance of a 6.5 magnitude earthquake hitting the Puget Sound in the next 50 years, according to Steele.
For Emergency Management, the biggest challenge is convincing people to pay attention to the issue and take steps to be prepared. (Read more and see maps here.)
Source: Komo News
"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea." (Luke 21:25)
The Good News Corner
(Fresno, CA) - [CBN News] Fresno has just become the largest California city so far to approve a display of the words "In God We Trust" in its city hall.
The Fresno city council unanimously approved a resolution to add the National Motto to walls. It will now be among the more than 130 cities and county governments that have included the phrase in its chambers.
District 6 Councilman Garry Bredefeld, who has been leading the charge, said he was inspired by a national movement which began in 2002.
"There is a vocal minority that wants to take God out of our beliefs, we shouldn't be silent about that," he said. "For too long, a silent majority has allowed a vocal minority to silence them."
"The Lion and the Lamb"- Big Daddy Weave
The Bible Readathon
Our Bible Readathon Continues
"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." (Psalm 119:105)
We are now reading the Word of God every night from midnight to 6:00 a.m. EST. We are reading through the whole Word, from Genesis to Revelation, and beginning again in Genesis when finished.
Our numbers of readers continues to grow over time. All are welcome to join!
The access code is: 350430#. Please call at any time from midnight to 6:00 a.m. EST. WELCOME!
[Note: we are reading from these versions of the Scripture: King James, New King James, New American Standard, and NIV.]