CONGRATULATIONS to the nation of Israel
as you celebrate today the 50th Anniversary
of the liberation of JERUSALEM. Praise Yeshua!
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Tuesday, May 23, 2017
"Praying for All in Authority"
Tuesday, May 23, 2017
"Cursed be everyone who curses you, And blessed be those who bless you!"
To help sustain our work, please go here. Thank you!
"Standing Together as One . . . Under the Cross of Christ"
President Trump in Israel
President Trump in Israel
1. Trump makes history as first US president to visit Western Wall - Times of Israel
Fifty years after Israel captured the Western Wall, US President Donald Trump on Monday became the first sitting American leader to visit the holy site, in a historic visit that saw him accompanied by his Jewish relatives in Jerusalem's ancient Old City.
Entering the Old City's warren of alleyways on Monday - on lockdown by police for his visit - Trump and his wife Melania met the heads of various Christian denominations and began their tour at one of the holiest sites in Christianity, the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, believed by Christians to be the site of Jesus' crucifixion, burial and resurrection.
Security camera footage showed the US entourage, numbering hundreds of people, strolling through the ancient city's alleys from Jaffa Gate to the holy Christian site under unprecedented security. (Read more)
- Father God, we have stood in amazement as we have watched this history-making day unfold before our eyes. Thank You, Lord, amen.
- "There is a time for all things . . ." (Ecclesiastes 3:1)
2. President Trump's speech on arrival in Israel - Times of Israel
> > > To read the text of this speech, go here.
3. Netanyahu's speech welcoming Trump to Israel - Times of Israel
"Mr. President, you just flew from Riyadh to Tel Aviv. I hope that one day an Israeli prime minister will be able to fly from Tel Aviv to Riyadh."
> > > Read the text of this speech by going here.
4. (Highly recommended) The Daily Mail provides a photographic summary of the day's events.
To view this summary, go here.
5. The Trumps at the Western Wall 22 May 2 - Reported by Friends in Australia and Breaking Israel News
Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
President Donald Trump made history on 22 May 2017 when he became the first sitting President of the United States of America to stand and pray at the Western Wall of the Temple in Jerusalem. His wife Melania and his daughter Ivanka, separately, also stood and prayed at the women's part of the Western Wall. To view a beautiful image of this historic moment, go here.
6. President Trump's Itinerary on Tuesday, May 23rd - Haaretz
On Tuesday, Trump is scheduled to visit Yad Vashem, Israel's Holocaust museum and memorial. He will give a speech at the Israel Museum in Jerusalem at 2 P.M.
The U.S. president's plane will take off at 4 P.M. to continue on to Europe. (Read more)
7. Haaretz Provides Minute by Minute Coverage of Monday's Events.
Focus on Israel
1. Attempted stabbing in Jerusalem as Trump visits Old City - World Israel News
Border Police officers in Jerusalem thwarted a stabbing attack Monday afternoon in Abu Dis, an Arab neighborhood in eastern Jerusalem. The Palestinian assailant attempted to stab them at a guard post and was subsequently shot and neutralized by the police.
Other than the attacker who succumbed to his wounds, there were no reported injuries, according to a police spokesperson. (Read more)
- Abba, we ask for protection from any form of terrorist attack. We pray that any plans of the enemy would be stopped, confused, and exposed in the name of Yeshua, amen.
2. 'The Cabinet should've stood its ground' - Israel National News
Avi Ro'eh, head of the Binyamin Regional Council and the Yesha Council, expressed his disappointment on Monday over the package of gestures to the Palestinian Authority (PA) that was approved by the Cabinet and which includes the approval of construction in Area C, which is under full Israeli security and civil administration.
"We are committed to hospitality. There is a visit by the President of the United States, which is a great ally and to which we are committed. But on the other hand, we cannot trust Trump, just as we could not trust Obama or anyone else. The people of Israel must make their own decisions on their own - and not be motivated by other considerations. I do not think it is necessary to pay in the form of gestures, if those gestures are contrary to Israel's interests," Ro'eh told Arutz Sheva. (Read more)
- Abba, we pray for Prime Minister Netanyahu and his decision to make the gestures to the Palestinian Authority. We pray that You use this benefit package for Your glory in the land. We pray for peace and unity of mind for Avi Ro'eh and any others who do not understand Prime Minister Netanyahu's decisions. We ask these things in the name of Yeshua, amen.
3. Pollard to Netanyahu: Don't forget me in talks with Trump - Jerusalem Post
Could Pollard be Trump's ticket to redemption in the eyes of the Israeli right?
Jonathan Pollard appealed on Sunday to Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu: Don't forget me during your meeting with US President Donald Trump on Monday.
Pollard made the comments during conversations he held with close friends over the weekend. His wife, Esther, recounted them to The Jerusalem Post.
"As much as Trump needs to be held to his promise to move the embassy, it is just as important that the prime minister keep his promise to bring an agent home," Pollard reportedly said to the friends during the weekend. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we lift up this matter to You for prayer. We ask that Your will be done regarding Jonathan Pollard and the possibility of President Trump allowing him to return to Israel. You know what the future holds and what steps are needed to keep relations strong between Israel and the US. We trust You. We pray in the name of Yeshua, amen.
4. 'Jerusalem has been eulogized before, but it rose from the ashes' - Israel Hayom
Jerusalem kicked off celebrations marking 50 years since the unification of the city with a state ceremony on Sunday that drew 60,000 visitors from all over Israel and the world.
The country's best singers performed special songs in honor of the city at an impressive event held at the foot of the Tower of David in the Old City.
President Reuven Rivlin told those in attendance of the Jerusalem of his childhood, the struggle of its residents to preserve Jewish life in the city, and of memories from the days of blowing shofars at the Western Wall -- despite the prohibition against it. (Read more)
- Abba, we pray for the unity of Jerusalem, may it never again be divided. In the name of Yeshua, amen.
5. History of Jerusalem - presented on the walls of the Old City - Israel National News
Multimedia show on Old City's walls shows Jerusalem's history, celebrates 50 years since city's liberation. (View this outstanding video by going here.)
- Father God, what a glorious time to be alive! We are so privileged to see Israel is again a nation and Jerusalem is the capital of Your people. It is Your capital, Abba, from where Yeshua will reign forever. We give praise and thanks for all that has been accomplished for the Jewish people in the land. We pray for Your continued protection of Israel and prosperity in its walls. We pray for the peace of Jerusalem and will not stop until You make its name a praise in all the earth. In Yeshua's name, amen.
"I have set watchmen on your walls, O Jerusalem; They shall never hold their peace day or night. You who make mention of the LORD, do not keep silent, And give Him no rest till He establishes And till He makes Jerusalem a praise in the earth." (Isaiah 62:6-7)
The Daily Brief
Every prayer below is presented to our Lord in the Name of Jesus Christ, amen.
1. BREAKING NEWS: Reports of up to 20 dead and many injured after two explosions in Manchester Arena at the end of Ariana Grande gig as bloodied teenage concert-goers flee to their waiting parents - Daily Mail
There have been reports of up to 20 dead and hundreds injured after explosions were heard inside Manchester Arena at the end of a teen concert tonight.
Video footage showed thousands of people fleeing in tears from the venue, many covered in blood, after the Ariana Grande concert finished.
Armed officers surrounded the venue and bloodied concertgoers were pictured being helped by emergency services outside the gig.
Evie Brewster, who attended the concert, told MailOnline: 'Ariana Grande had just finished her last song and left the stage when a huge explosion sounded. 'Suddenly everybody started screaming and running for the exit. (Read more)
- Father, we pray for all of these victims and their families. Let Your comfort surround them, Your peace fill them, and bring their hearts close to You. We ask for swift knowledge of the perpetrators and anyone who colluded with them be found.
- "You have delivered me from the violent man." (Psalm 18:48b)
2. Vice President Mike Pence praises free speech after some Notre Dame grads walk out - IndyStar
Vice President Mike Pence called Notre Dame a "vanguard of freedom of expression and the free exchange of ideas" during his commencement address on Sunday.
Pence's comments, though, were not heard by about 100 of the 3,171 graduates. As soon as the vice president and former Indiana governor stepped up to the podium - where he spent a chunk of his 15-minute address discussing his support for freedom of speech at universities - students quietly got up from their seats and left Notre Dame Stadium in protest of some of Pence's policy positions.
Pence bestowed his compliment upon the university "sadly, when free speech and civility are waning on campuses across America," he said. "Notre Dame is a campus where deliberation is welcomed, where opposing views are debated, and where every speaker, no matter how unpopular or unfashionable, is afforded the right to air their views in the open for all to hear." (Read more)
- Father, we can't conceive of the rudeness of these students to do this to the Vice President. We ask that You work strongly in their hearts to bring repentance from believing the lies that they have been told. We pray for this generation of Americans- that You will move among them, bringing truth to their minds and hearts.
- "Behold, You desire truth in the inward parts, and in the hidden part You will make me to know wisdom." (Psalm 51:6)
3. As Leaks Pile Up, It's Evident Trump Is Under Attack From His Own Staff - Daily Caller
It's coming from inside the house. Throughout Trump's presidency and increasingly in the past few weeks, leaks from staff members to the press are undermining the president.
The New York Times reported Friday exact details of Trump's meeting last week with Russian officials. The report cited a document read to them by an "American official," which summarized the meeting. "I just fired the head of the F.B.I. He was crazy, a real nut job," Trump said, according to the report. The president then added, "I faced great pressure because of Russia. That's taken off." The White House did not dispute this account.
Shortly after this story broke, The Daily Beast quoted a senior administration official saying, "Every day [Trump] looks more and more like a complete moron." That same story included a Justice Department official saying that Trump's comments about Comey can "absolutely" be considered obstruction of justice. These represent just two of the many stories quoting administration officials that have attacked the president. These articles range from details on the ongoing investigation into alleged Russian interference in the election, to a Washington Post piece about how awful White House aides say it is to work for Trump.
Columnist Charles Krauthammer said on Fox News Friday: "What's unusual is the Niagara of leaks coming out of this White House. As you said, this had to have been somebody in the room, somebody who took the notes, who picked up the phone and read the notes. It's a loyalty problem inside the White House," Krauthammer added.
NBC's Hans Nichols said Friday that the president is "dealing with something other presidents haven't necessarily had to deal with. That is, a remarkable amount of leaking within his own administration." Prominent Harvard law professor Alan Dershowitz described the leaks on CNN as acts of "civil disobedience," and said that some have been illegal. (Read more)
- Father only You can stem this tide of leaks and twisting of the truth. You are the God of Justice, the God of Truth. We pray for You to reveal Your hand in this situation.
- "For the Lord is a God of justice; Blessed are all those who wait for Him."
4. Inside left's secret plot for coup against Trump - WND
The formula for a de facto coup against President Trump is pretty simple and it's happening before our very eyes, according to one of the nation's top scholars and most esteemed political analysts.
And evidence for that theory is backed up by equally renowned political observers.
This is how it works, according to classics scholar, Stanford fellow and National Review columnist Victor Davis Hanson:
- The mainstream media pumps out anti-Trump stories to undermine the president.
- That creates doubt and uncertainty among lawmakers, especially those from "purple" states (those that are not overwhelmingly Republican or Democratic.)
- Removing the support of the "purple" GOP lawmakers gives Democrats a de facto majority to stop the Trump agenda, even though Republicans have majorities in both the House and the Senate. (Read more)
- Lord, we ask You to root out every mole, every leaker, every false witness, every anti-Trump reporter and expose them to the Light. We pray that no one will be able to hide their evil intent any longer. Let Your truth judge them and stop these plans from coming to fruition.
- "No weapon formed against you shall prosper, and every tongue that rises against you in judgment you shall condemn." (Isaiah 54:17)
5. CIA Official Leaks Obama's Plans To Destroy America, Proves Trump Was Right All Along - The Washington Feed
Clare M. Lopez is a former CIA employee. Her résumé is quite impressive: she was the Vice President for Research and Analysis at the Center for Security Policy and a Senior Fellow at The Clarion Project, the London Center for Policy Research, and the Canadian Meighen Institute.
. . . She believes that the global war on terror used to be an effort to 'stay free of Shariah' - the repressive Islamic law - but then the Obama administration sided with jihadist groups such as the Muslim Brotherhood and its affiliates. The CIA official even claims that Obama opened the door to the White House for the Muslim Brotherhood, allowing them to thoroughly infiltrate the Obama administration and other branches of the federal government.
One of the most outrageous of those appointments is Mohamed Elibiary, a senior member of the Department of Homeland Security Advisory Council, reports UConservative. According to a report by the Center for Security Policy, Elibiary supported brokering a U.S. partnership with the Muslim Brotherhood terrorist group. Two months ago, Elibiary caused chaos and disgust among social media users when he compared 'Caliphate' to the European Union and tweeted that its happening is inevitable. (Read more)
- Lord, we have been aware for some time that the Federal government was deeply infiltrated by the Muslim Brotherhood under Obama. We ask that You not only reveal the agenda of these people, but that You also remove them and bring them to their knees in repentance.
- "That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." (Philippians 2:10,11)
6. Here Are 12 Times Liberal Democrats Refused To Impeach Barack Obama After He Broke The Law - Now the End Begins
The Obama presidency was marred with numerous impeachment scandals that would be blared on the news 24/7 if he were a Republican.
President Barack Obama faced a large number of scandals, many of which involved apparent violations of federal law. And yet in eight long years, Obama skated by without any serious investigations by the Department of Justice, or with investigations that were quashed from above. It seems Republican administrations are held to a higher standard.
The most glaring example is, of course, the Hillary Clinton e-mail scandal, which is connected to broader claims of corruption involving the Clinton Foundation. President Obama told 60 Minutes in 2015 that Clinton had simply made a mistake: "I don't think it posed a national security problem," he said. The media bought it - and so did the Department of Justice, despite a mountain of evidence that she had been "extremely careless," as Comey put it later. (To read this list of 12 examples, go here.)
- Father, we bind the plans of the enemy and break off every wicked scheme that is set against this administration.
- "And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven and whatever you bind on earth wil be bound in heaven." (Matthew 16:18a)
7. Supreme Court strikes down 2 NC congressional districts - Fox News
The Supreme Court struck down two congressional districts in North Carolina Monday because race played too large a role in their creation, a decision voting rights advocates said would boost challenges in other states. The justices ruled that Republicans who controlled the state legislature and governor's office in 2011 placed too many African-Americans in the two districts. The result was to weaken African-American voting strength elsewhere in North Carolina.
In recent years, the Supreme Court has ruled for civil rights groups and black voters in challenges to political districts in Alabama, North Carolina and Virginia.
A Democratic group led by former Attorney General Eric Holder is focusing on redistricting challenges to counter political gains Republicans have made since the 2010 census and the redrawing of electoral districts that followed. (Read more)
- Father, we lift these challenges before You and ask that ONLY Your perfect will prevail in the court cases.
- "For this reason we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding." (Colossians 1:9)
8. Gallup: Only 24% of Americans Believe Bible is Literal Word of God - CNS News
A new Gallup poll shows that only 24% of Americans believe the Bible is the "literal word" of God, which is a decline from the 1970s, but the survey also shows that the number of Americans who think the Bible is the "inspired word" of God, 47%, has stayed pretty steady over the last 40 years.
In addition, an overwhelming majority of Americans, 71%, believe the Bible is a holy document, inspired by God or containing God's own words.
"Fewer than one in four Americans (24%) now believe the Bible is 'the actual word of God, and is to be taken literally, word for word,' similar to the 26% who view it as 'a book of fables, legends, history and moral precepts recorded by man,'" reported Gallup on May 15. (Read more)
- Lord, this report grieves us more than we can even express. Our nation has fallen so far from You and our sin is heaped above our heads. We plead for mercy, and a refreshing of Your Spirit over us.
- "And He will cause the rain to come down for you - the former rain and the latter rain in the first month." (Joel 2:23)
9. Rouhani Wins Reelection in Iran - The Atlantic
Iranian President Hassan Rouhani won reelection Saturday, beating his conservative opponent, Ebrahim Raisi, by a hefty margin in a clear signal that the nation approves of his reformist policies that have increasingly engaged the outside world.
About 70 percent of eligible voters turned out, with some waiting hours in line and election officials repeatedly extended the voting hour until midnight. A big turnout was expected to favor Rouhani, and he won handily with 57 percent of the vote, compared with Raisi's 38. In Iranian politics, the president is the second-most powerful person, answering to the unelected Supreme Leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei. Raisi was a protege of the ayatollah, but his defeat is an indication that Iranians favor the reforms Rouhani has implemented, including an agreement reached with global powers that saw many of the sanctions against the country lifted in exchange for heavy regulations on its nuclear program. (Read more)
- Lord, we are grateful that this man won the "election" in Iran, as the other candidate was a hardliner intent to isolate Iran ever further. We ask that You return this nation to the freedoms they once had before the rigid Islamists took control. Move on their lives, Father, let Your Holy Spirit bring freedom to the captives.
- ". . . to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound." (Isaiah 61:1)
10. Crisis in Venezuela - Daily Mail
No electricity, no antibiotics, no beds, no soap: A devastating look inside Venezuela's crisis-hit hospitals where 7 babies die a day, bleeding patients lie strewn on the floor, and doctors try to operate without tools. Read more:
- Lord, it is so difficult for us to even view these photos taken in Venezuela, much less read about these barbaric conditions. Abba Father God, this nation has been in distress for many, many years. We ask You to bring relief in a way that only You know, in Your name, amen.
"In my distress I called upon the LORD, And cried to my God for help; He heard my voice out of His temple, And my cry for help before Him came into His ears."
The Daily Jot
Monday, May 22, 2017
Trump in Israel for prophetic drive toward peace
Just about every president that has held the office since before Jimmy Carter thought they could bring peace to the Middle East. President Donald Trump is no different. After flying from Saudi Arabia to Tel Aviv, Trump said that he has found new reasons for hope. He said, "We have before us a rare opportunity to bring security and stability and peace to this region and its people, defeating terrorism and creating a future of harmony, prosperity and peace, but we can only get there working together. There is no other way." So the peace process, which has pushed the "restart" button by every modern president begins anew. The may be hope in Trump making a deal, but it's not the hope in what the politicians think.
During my travels in Israel, I noticed something upon which most Israelis agree: they want peace. Trouble is, there can be no peace when the surrounding enemies won't take the first step and recognize Israel's right to exist in the first place. It has to start there-that Jews have the right to self-determination in their own land. The political Arabs don't recognize this right. When President George W Bush essentially forced former Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon to evacuate Gaza to the so-called "Palestinians," there was no peace. Gaza turned into a terrorist state, a staging ground for missiles and acts of violence, proving to the world that a two-state solution is only division of land to create more hostility toward Israel.
Trump, like any other US president who tries to lift the peace of Jerusalem as a burdensome stone, will soon find that there is a reason that peace has not been achieved despite the earnest efforts of many a sincere leader-prophecy. Those who are students of the Bible in its prophetic context know that while we are to pray for the peace of Jerusalem, true peace will not be attained until the return of the Messiah, the total defeat of Israel's enemies, including the antichrist and his coalition of the very nations who broker terrorism against Israel in this modern day. They include Turkey, Iran, Sudan, Libya, and parts of Saudi Arabia where Trump just completed a $110 billion arms deal. No peace in that.
As the Lord says in Ezekiel 39:27-29 of Israel and her people, "When I have brought them again from the people, and gathered them out of their enemies' lands, and am sanctified in them in the sight of many nations; Then shall they know that I am the Lord their God, which caused them to be led into captivity among the heathen: but I have gathered them unto their own land, and have left none of them any more there. Neither will I hide my face any more from them: for I have poured out my spirit upon the house of Israel, says the Lord God." Prophetically and scripturally speaking, the only one that is going to bring peace to the land of Israel is the Prince of Peace, not a mere mortal. Until then its window dressing and positioning that may bring the prophecy clock forward, but it won't be the real deal.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Trump's Message: America's Back
Trump's Message: America's Back
Yesterday in Saudi Arabia and today in Israel, President Trump delivered a simple message: the days of America "leading from behind" are over.
President Trump campaigned on making America great again and putting America first. The entire Washington establishment, including sizable portions of the GOP, wrongly concluded that this meant he was an isolationist. Yet there he was in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia speaking to leaders of 50 Sunni Islamic nations. And what a speech it was - no apologies, no Obama faculty lounge rhetoric, no nonsense. Don't miss the messages he was sending including these:
- He regularly referred to Islamist terror. Our dishonest media is crowing that he never said Islamic terror. (Wrong: he actually did say it a couple of times.) But Islamist is preferable because it is widely understood to mean those Muslims who will use all means necessary to impose Islamic law. Trump called them out! And he directly labeled Hezbollah and Hamas terrorist groups.
- He challenged the 50 leaders to confront the Islamists. He said: "A better future is only possible if your nations drive out the terrorists and extremists. Drive. Them. Out. DRIVE THEM OUT of your places of worship. DRIVE THEM OUT of your communities. DRIVE THEM OUT of your holy land, and DRIVE THEM OUT OF THIS EARTH." Obama, Hillary Clinton, and Kerry must be hyperventilating to hear this clarion call.
- For eight years the Obama Administration said little and did even less to counter the growing persecution of Christians in the Muslim world. Trump addressed the issue directly by saying we must stand "together against the murder of innocent Muslims, the oppression of women, the persecution of Jews, and the slaughter of Christians."
- And to the Islamist jihadists he had this message: "Barbarism will deliver you no glory - piety to evil will bring you no dignity. If you choose the path of terror, your life will be empty, your life will be brief and your soul will be condemned." Amen!
The Message To Iran
For eight years Obama/Clinton/Kerry colluded with the Iranians. Yes, you read that correctly. We are on a wild goose chase trying to find non-existent evidence that Trump colluded with Russia. But staring us right in the face is the overwhelming evidence that Obama colluded with the mullahs. His administration held secret negotiations, refused to let the Senate vote on an Iranian deal, gave Iran billions of dollars (some of it delivered in secret in cash in the middle of the night), released Iranian operatives from jail, the list goes on and on. That collusion is over. Here is Trump's indictment of Iran's mullahs:
". . . a government that speaks openly of mass murder, vowing the destruction of Israel, death to America, and ruin for many leaders and nations in this room." And then he reached out to the Iranian people when he said we must "pray for the day when the Iranian people have the just and righteous government they deserve."
These words were spoken as Iran was announcing the results of another sham presidential election in which Hassan Rouhani was re-elected. Our media call him a moderate, but under his leadership Iran has oppressed its own people while spreading terror and violence throughout the Middle East and promising a second Holocaust. (Gary Bauer)
More Daily Features
The Persecuted Church
"Remember the prisoners, as though in prison with them, and those who are ill-treated, since you yourselves also are in the body." (Hebrews 13:3)
Please visit the website for International Christian Concern to lift up prayers for the persecuted around the world, every day. Their link is: www.persecution.org -- or go here to connect. Thank you for interceding for our brothers and sisters who are suffering in Asia, the Islamic World, and the Far East.
THERE'S NO DISAPPOINTMENT IN HEAVEN
"The Lord God will wipe away tears from off all faces." (Isaiah 25:8)
"The Lord God will wipe away tears from off all faces." (Isaiah 25:8)
There's no disappointment in Heaven, No weariness, sorrow or pain; No hearts that are bleeding and broken, No song with a minor refrain. The clouds of our earthly horizon Will never appear in the sky, For all will be sunshine and gladness, With never a sob or a sigh.
I'm bound for that beautiful city,
My Lord has prepared for His own;
Where all the redeemed of all ages
Sing "Glory!" around the white throne;
Sometimes I grow homesick for Heaven,
And the glories I there shall behold;
What a joy that will be when my Savior I see,
In that beautiful city of gold.
We'll never pay rent for our mansion, The taxes will never come due, Our garments will never grow threadbare, But always be fadeless and new, We'll never be hungry or thirsty, Nor languish in poverty there, For all the rich bounties of Heaven His sanctified children will share.
There'll never be crepe on the doorknob, No funeral train in the sky; No graves on the hillsides of glory, For there we shall nevermore die. The old will be young there forever, Transformed in a moment of time; Immortal we'll stand in His likeness, The stars and the sun to outshine.
Please go here.
BE SURE TO ENJOY THIS BEAUTIFUL HYMN, SUNG BY A MENNONITE CHOIR, AND SET IN THE LOVELY HILLS OF PENNSYLVANIA. AHHH!! HEAVEN ON EARTH. . .
About the Author:
Words: Frederick M. Lehman, 1914;
Music:Frederick M. Lehman, harmony by his daughter Claudia L. Mays
About the hymn:
Lehman wrote these words in Chicago, Illinois, while suffering financial reverses.
Signs and Wonders
Sinkhole opens outside Trump's Mar-a-Lago in Palm Beach
A sinkhole has opened in front of President Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago Club, according to an email alert from the Town of Palm Beach.
The sinkhole is just west of Mar-a-Lago's southern entrance, where workers are gathered.
The 4-foot by 4-foot hole is in front of the club and appears to be near a new water main on Southern Boulevard, the alert said. Utility crews from West Palm Beach secured the sinkhole and likely will be doing exploratory excavation today.
A worker on scene said crews cut around the sinkhole and will dig to find the problem. It's unclear how long that will take. (Palm Beach Daily) Read more.
- Father God, we thank You that no one was injured when this sinkhole appeared in the President's summer home in Florida. We continue to ask for Your Hand of protection to rest upon our President and upon our First Lady, now and always, amen.
- (Psalm 91)
- Lord we pray that the President will not need his Mar-a-Lago residence until the crews are able to find out what happened. We pray for His protection from random events such as this as well as anything that might continue to create stress for him.
- "The righteous cry tout and the Lord hears, and delivers them out of all their troubles." (Psalm 34:17)
"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea." (Luke 21:25)
The Good News Corner
Historic Milestone in Texas:
Governor Signs Law to Protect Pastors from Being Persecuted for Religious, Free Speech
Texas Governor Greg Abbot is taking a huge step to defend religious liberty.
Surrounded by pastors at Grace Church, near Houston, Texas, he ceremoniously signed SB24 into law today. The law protects pastors from being prosecuted for their statements from the pulpit.
"SB24 will give pastors critical protection from forced testimony and shield sermons from government subpoena power," said Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick. (CBN) Read more.
"Open Up The Heavens" - Meredith Andrews
The Bible Readathon
Our Bible Readathon Continues
"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." (Psalm 119:105)
We are now reading the Word of God every night from midnight to 6:00 a.m. EST. We are reading through the whole Word, from Genesis to Revelation, and beginning again in Genesis when finished.
Our numbers of readers continues to grow over time. All are welcome to join!
The access code is: 350430#. Please call at any time from midnight to 6:00 a.m. EST. WELCOME!
[Note: we are reading from these versions of the Scripture: King James, New King James, New American Standard, and NIV.]