Today we are praising God for our First Lady!
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
SPECIAL PRESIDENTS' DAY EDITION
"Praying for All in Authority"
Monday, February 20, 2017
"Standing Together as One . . . Under the Cross of Christ"
"When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him. (Isaiah 59:19)
The First 100 Days
Prayer Resources for The First 100 Days
Tools to Assist in Offering Prayers for President Trump
and his Administration during these First 100 Days
1. 24/7 Prayer Line
Sponsored by the 24/7 National Strategic Prayer Network, you can call this number anytime, day or night, and join other prayer warriors across the nation to pray for the new administration.
The Conference Number is: 712-770-4340
The Access Code is: 543555#
Please dial #6 to mute your phone.
All are welcome to join!
PrayerSurgeNow hosts a weekly call every Saturday morning, beginning at 7:30 a.m. EST. Topics are geared to time-sensitive events happening in our country, and anointed speakers are invited to host each call, bringing insight to intercessors across the nation.
PrayerSurgeNow also hosts other calls throughout the week, as the need arises.
In order to keep pace with their news, please visit their blog at: www.prayersurgenow.blogspot.com, or by going here.
PSN's Conference number is: 712-432-0075
Access Code is: 6149782#
3. Daily Devotions - Sponsored by the AsOne network.
A prayer topic, intercession and Scriptural decrees are posted daily during these First 100 Days. Please go here to find today's devotion.
4. President Trump's Weekly Address:
Friday, February 17, 2017
To view last week's address, please go here.
5. PRAYERS FOR THE PRESIDENT
The First 100 Days and Beyond
A Collection of Prayers by the People:
An Inaugural Gift for President Donald J. Trump
To read this guide to prayer, written by 100 intercessors for each of the President's First 100 Days, please go here.
6. White House Press Briefings
To view each day's press conference,go here.
The videos of these press briefings appear below the video of Inauguration itself.
Focus on Israel
1. Hamas to Liberman: Thanks, but no thanks - Israel National News
Senior Hamas leader Mahmoud Al-Zahar on Friday rejected Defense Minister Avigdor Liberman's offer for an international airport, seaport, and industrial zone in Gaza if Hamas stops building terror tunnels into Israeli territory, stops firing rockets on southern Israel and returns the Israelis it is holding in Gaza.
"Release the Palestinian prisoners and you will get your prisoners back," Zahar told an Arabic-language newspaper, according to a translation by the Walla! Hebrew-language news website.
He called for the release of the "heroic fighters from all factions" from Israeli jails in exchange for the release of the soldiers whose bodies Hamas has been holding. "We care about our prisoners more than you care about your soldiers," said Zahar. (Read more)
2. Hezbollah's Leader Threatens to Attack Israel's Nuclear Facilities - United with Israel
Hezbollah Secretary General Hassan Nasrallah boasted about being able to target Israel's nuclear facilities in Dimona, while ridiculing Israel for supposedly being afraid of Hezbollah's "might."
"Israel knows we can turn the reactor in Dimona from a threat to us into a threat against itself, with our missiles," Nasrallah said in remarks broadcast on Hezbollah's Al-Manar satellite station on Thursday, boasting that his terror group could turn "Israel's main weapon into a threat against Israelis themselves."
"If Hezbollah is weakened, Israel will see it as an opportunity for war. Support for Hezbollah in Lebanon protects Lebanese people from war. Israel is aware of Hezbollah's might and is afraid of us," he added. (Read more)
3. Israel prefers no escalation, but will attack Lebanon if necessary - World Israel News
Israeli Minister of Intelligence Yisrael Katz fired back at Lebanon's president, Michel Aoun, who on Saturday threatened an "appropriate response" against Israel regarding any violation of Lebanese sovereignty.
"If Hezbollah will attack population centers and national infrastructures in Israel, Israel will respond with great force, and this time, unlike the Second Lebanon War, it will not prevent damage to national infrastructure in Lebanon as a whole," Katz warned.
"Those who do not want the ruin and destruction of Lebanon tomorrow, must restrain and weaken Hezbollah today as well as Iran which supports (Hezbollah)." Read more.
4. Netanyahu said to have rejected regional peace plan last year - Times of Israel
Prime Minster Benjamin Netanyahu rejected a regional peace plan for the renewal of negotiations toward a two-state solution and recognition of Israel as a Jewish state a year ago, the Israeli daily Haaretz reported Sunday, days after Netanyahu called for such an initiative at his first meeting with US President Donald Trump.
The proposal was the result of months of negotiations led by then-US secretary of state John Kerry and culminated in a secret meeting on February 21, 2016, between Netanyahu, Kerry, Egyptian President Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi and Jordan's King Abdullah, according the report. (Read more)
5. Netanyahu said to backtrack on pledge for new Amona settlement - Times of Israel
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu reportedly told members of his security cabinet on Sunday that the government may have to renege on a pledge to set up a new settlement in the West Bank as compensation to residents of the illegal outpost of Amona, which was evacuated earlier this month according to a court order, amid a request by US President Donald Trump last week to "hold back" on settlement construction
Netanyahu is said to have told ministers that while he will not impose a settlement freeze, there is likely to be a slowdown in West Bank construction, according to reports on Channel 2 and by the Haaretz daily.
Ministers declined to comment on the reports Sunday night. (Read more)
6. Bridges for Peace: Israel Prayer Update
To read this week's update, go here.
The Daily Brief
Every prayer below is presented to our Lord in the Name of Jesus Christ, amen.
1. Insiders: Obama Holdover 'Shadow Government' Plotting to Undermine Trump - Breitbart
Several intelligence insiders have come forward over the past few days to describe a "shadow government" of Obama holdovers leaking information to derail the Trump presidency, with National Security Adviser Mike Flynn's resignation their first great success. There are even allegations that former President Barack Obama himself is actively involved, citing his establishment of a command center in Washington and continuing involvement with activist organizations.
Retired Lt. Colonel Tony Schaffer, formerly a CIA-trained defense intelligence officer, said in a Fox Business appearance on Wednesday: "I put this right at the feet of John Brennan, and Jim Clapper, and I would even go so far as to say the White House was directly involved before they left." He also mentioned Ben Rhodes. Schaffer said it was clear that sensitive information that could compromise U.S. intelligence-gathering methods was divulged to the media as part of the campaign to bring down Flynn, by people who had access to beyond Top Secret material. That should narrow the list of suspects considerably.
The Washington Free Beacon quoted "multiple sources in and out of the White House" on Tuesday to describe a "secret, months-long campaign by former Obama administration confidantes to handicap President Donald Trump's national security apparatus and preserve the nuclear deal with Iran." Since all news coverage is now driven by leaks of dubious accuracy from anonymous sources seemingly above evaluation, it seems only fair to entertain some insiders who wish to leak on the leakers.
According to the Free Beacon's sources, the Obama loyalists are highly organized, under the direction of former Deputy National Security Adviser Ben Rhodes, famed for his ability to sell false narratives about Iran to credulous reporters. His critique of media types as young "know nothings" whose only experience "consists of being around political campaigns" would seem validated by a press corps that eagerly runs with just about anything an anonymous source hostile to Trump feeds them. (Read more)
- Almighty God and Father of all: Jesus is Lord and king over all the earth, and this shadow government in its entirety is being watched by our God. They are comprised of the most evil controllers in the world; however, their power is limited to do only what God allows. Lord Jesus, we ask that You continually bind and break the power and the influence of this shadow government by the Blood of Jesus and hedge their members into holy boundaries set by God Himself. In the Name of Jesus, the Name above all names we pray.
- "And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come."
2. Trump Takes Feud with Press to Campaign Rally in Florida - The Hill
MELBOURNE, Fla. - President Trump took his feud with the press to his first major campaign rally in a steamy airplane hangar outside of Orlando, Fla., on Saturday, vowing to achieve his legislative agenda despite the "lies, misrepresentations and false stories" thrown at him by the media.
"I want to speak to you without the filter of the fake news," Trump said to huge cheers. "The dishonest media, which has published one false story after another with no sources, even though they pretend they have them - they make them up in many cases. They just don't want to report the truth."
"When the media lies to people, I will never, ever, let them get away with it. I will do whatever I can that they don't get away with it," he said. "They have their own agenda and their agenda is not your agenda." (Read more)
- Father God, we sense a breaker anointing now resting upon our new president, because whereas in former days, other presidents feared the press . . . President Trump does not. We thank You for his bold spirit, which allows him to speak truth over the airwaves, thus changing the atmosphere (frequency) of our nation from the darkness of lies to the light of Your truth. In Your name, amen.
- (For President Trump) "The One who breaks open the way will go up before them; they will break through the gate and go out. Their King will pass through before them, the LORD at their head." (Micah 2:13)
- (For the mainstream media) "Therefore shall his calamity come suddenly; suddenly shall he be broken without remedy." (Proverbs 6:15)
3. Trump: DOJ Will Investigate 'Criminal Leaks' by Intelligence Community - CNSNews.com
President Donald Trump said Thursday that his administration is looking into who in the intelligence community leaked news of former National Security Adviser Mike Flynn's phone call with the Russian ambassador prior to the inauguration. "I've gone to all of the folks in charge of all of the various agencies, and ... I've actually asked the Justice Department to look into the leaks. Those are criminal leaks," he said. "They're put out by people either in agencies - I think you'll see it's stopping, because now we have our people in.
"Again, we don't have our people in, because we can't get them approved by the Senate. We just had Jeff Sessions approved in Justice as an example, so we are looking into that very seriously. It's a criminal act," Trump said.
The president said he was also surprised to hear details of his phone calls with Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto and Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull leaked to the press. "When I was called out on Mexico, honestly I was really, really surprised, but I said, you know it doesn't make sense. That won't happen, but that wasn't that important a call. It was fine. I could show it to the world, and he could show it to the world," said Trump.
"Same thing with Australia. I said, that's terrible that it was leaked, but it wasn't that important. But then I said to myself, what happens when I'm dealing with the problem of North Korea? What happens when I'm dealing with the problems in the Middle East?" he asked. (Read more)
- Lord God, we pray for the heavenly host of angels be called on assignment to hover around President Trump and every member of the intelligence community to protect them from deception, false information and fake news reports. Lord, send angels to protect each member of the Justice Department and Father guide them to find and convict those in the shadow government who are rising up to overthrow this administration by sabotage. Lord, give our President godly intuitive wisdom that will enable him to function and carry on the business of president with heaven-sent protection. In the Name of Jesus we pray.
- "So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me." (Hebrews 13:6)
4. U.S. House Votes to Overturn Obama Regulation Forcing States to Fund Planned Parenthood - LifeSiteNews
(Washington, DC - Thursday, Feb. 16, 2017) The U.S. House of Representatives voted 230 to 188 today to overturn former President Obama's "eleventh hour" HHS rule forcing states to give Title X money to organizations that commit abortions. Title X money comes from the government to fund "family planning services," but technically not abortion.
Before he left office, Obama pushed through an HHS regulation that essentially forces states to give Planned Parenthood Title X funding. Under this rule, states must give Planned Parenthood or abortionists Title X grants and may not choose to redirect those funds to comprehensive healthcare clinics. Planned Parenthood is the nation's largest abortion provider. It commits more than 300,000 abortions annually.
"Obama's legacy of forcing Americans to finance the abortion industry is being steadily dismantled by our new pro-life President and the pro-life Congress. We look forward to swift passage of this resolution in the Senate so that it can receive President Trump's signature." - Marjorie Dannenfelser (Read more)
- Father, we thank You that the sanctity of human life has been upheld by this action. Praise You for the U.S House overturning the present HHS regulation that essentially forces states to give Planned Parenthood Title X funding. Title X money is our money and we say NO to funding abortions. Let this move quickly through Congress for President Trump's signature to save the lives of unborn babies. Save the babies and the mothers, we ask Lord, in Your holy name. Amen.
- "For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil, for which some have strayed from the faith in their greediness, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows." (1 Timothy 6:10)
5. Senate votes to undo Obama-era rule that limits gun access - The Blaze
The Senate voted this week to undo an Obama-era rule that conservatives have argued unduly limits the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms. In December 2016, former President Barack Obama's White House issued a rule requiring the Social Security Administration to report anyone needing third-party assistance to manage their Social Security benefits to be placed in the National Instant Criminal Background Check System, which would bar them from purchasing a firearm.
A rule, put in place by former President Barack Obama in December 2016, requires the Social Security Administration to report anyone needing assistance to manage their Social Security benefits because of "subnormal intelligence, or mental illness, incompetency, condition or disease" be added to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS), which would bar them from purchasing a firearm.
While Democrats have argued the rule is necessary to prevent mentally unstable individuals from having access to guns, Republicans argue that the rule is a pretext to restrict Second Amendment rights. "This regulation unfairly stigmatizes people with disabilities," Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) said this week, according to the Washington Examiner. "If the regulation is not repealed, it will allow the agency to very unfairly deprive Social Security recipients of their Second Amendment rights. This is essentially a national gun ban list," he added.
In a largely party-line vote on Wednesday, the Senate voted 57-43 to nix the rule following a similarly party-line vote - 235-180 - in the House of Representatives earlier this month, the Examiner reported. (Read more)
- Father God, we pray for wisdom to be gained in handling firearms and each gun owner use their weapon for self protection and for hunting game for the meat on their dinner tables. Put a guard of holy protection around each citizen. In the Name of Jesus we pray.
- "For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and His ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil. And who is he that will harm you, if you be followers of that which is good?" (I Peter 12-13)
6. Washington Florist Will Take Her Case to the US Supreme Court - CBN News
The Washington State Supreme Court has ruled against a Christian florist who was fined for refusing to provide her services for a same-sex wedding. Now, the florist will ask the highest court in the land to hear her case. Attorneys for Baronelle Stutzman said they will petition the U.S. Supreme Court to reverse the ruling that upheld a $1,000 fine for violating state anti-discrimination and consumer protection laws.
Stutzman maintains she was exercising her First Amendment rights when she refused to provide flowers for a gay wedding, because it goes against her Christian beliefs.The couple, who had bought flowers from Stutzman in the past, and state Attorney General Bob Ferguson sued her and won. Thursday, the state's nine supreme court justices unanimously upheld the ruling.
"This case is about crushing dissent. In a free America, people with differing beliefs must have room to coexist," said Stutzman's attorney, Kristen Waggoner of the Alliance Defending Freedom. "It's wrong for the state to force any citizen to support a particular view about marriage or anything else against their will. Freedom of speech and religion aren't subject to the whim of a majority; they are constitutional guarantees." (Read more)
- Praise be to You our Lord! We thank You that this sweet Christian grandmother is taking this stand to uphold Your law of marriage as between only one man and one woman. She is being fined for refusing to provide her services for a same-sex wedding. Her home state has ruled against her. As she now takes her case to be heard before the Supreme Court, we ask that You go before her and let the judges rule in her favor. We pray for Your grace to be upon her attorneys at the Alliance Defending Freedom, granting them Your skill, insight and wisdom as they prepare to argue her case before this Court. And Lord, we ask that her business will flourish because she doesn't waiver from her belief in You. She is a witness for You in our courts. Thank You Father, amen.
- "If anyone serves Me, let him follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also. If anyone serves Me, him My Father will honor." (John 12:26)
7. Nearly 2 million non-citizen Hispanics illegally registered to vote - Washington Times
A large number of non-citizen Hispanics, as many as 2 million, were illegally registered to vote in the U.S., according to a nationwide poll. The National Hispanic Survey provides additional evidence for use by anti-voter fraud conservatives and bolsters an analysis by professors at Old Dominion University who say non-citizens registered and voted in potentially large numbers.
President Trump has announced he will appoint a task force on voter fraud headed by Vice President Mike Pence. He says he wants the investigation to focus on inaccurate voter registration rolls, which are maintained by the states and the District of Columbia. "It is a fact and you will not deny it, that there are massive numbers of non-citizens in this country who are registered to vote," White House adviser Stephen Miller told ABC News. "That is a scandal. We should stop the presses." (Read more)
- Lord Jesus, How can there be millions of people that think fraudulent voting is accepted in our nation? Let all those having anything to do with voting illegally be brought to justice. Lord, let these lost souls come to know You. We give You praise and honor, in Your Name, Amen.
- "We know that we are of God, and the whole world lies under the sway of the wicked one." (1 John 5:19)
8. Lawmakers probe US funding for Soros groups, left-wing causes in Europe - Fox News
George Soros' alleged meddling in European politics has caught the attention of Congress. Concerns about Soros' involvement most recently were raised by the Hungarian prime minister, who last week lashed out at the Soros "empire" and accused it of deploying "tons of money and international heavy artillery." But days earlier, Republican lawmakers in Washington started asking questions about whether U.S. tax dollars also were being used to fund Soros projects in the small, conservative-led country of Macedonia. . . "This guy is a spider with lots of webs," GOP strategist Brad Blakeman told Fox News' "Strategy Room." "He controls numerous third-party groups, where he uses his influence. We've seen it internally with Black Lives Matter, the demonstrations taken place after the inaugural -- this is what he does." After violent left-wing activists rioted at Berkeley in protest of a lecture by Breitbart editor Milo Yiannopoulos, The Daily Caller reported that the main group behind the protests -- Refuse Facism -- was backed by The Alliance for Global Justice -- which in turn is backed by The Tides Foundation, a Soros-funded group. Soros also has donated to Media Matters and has been a major financial contributor to the Center for American Progress, a liberal think tank founded by Podesta. (Read more)
- Father God, there are many evil acts being funded by George Soros. Our prayer is that You will deal with Soros in whatever way You see fit to end these evil acts. Give Congress Your wisdom and knowledge to see all things hidden. Let all of their decisions be lead by You. We thank You that You died for this man and gave Your very life for his soul, Lord God. We pray for his salvation now, in Your name, Amen.
- "And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account." (Hebrews 4:13)
- "This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief." (I Timothy 1:15)
9. CIA honors Saudi for fighting terror, despite nation's terror ties - WND
A member of the Saudi royal family has received an award from the CIA for his contributions to fighting terrorism.
In a move that was not widely reported in the U.S., CIA Director Mike Pompeo last weekend gave Crown Prince Muhammed bin Nayef of Saudi Arabia the George Tenet medal in recognition of the prince's "excellent intelligence performance in the domain of counterterrorism and his unbound contribution to realize world security and peace." While the U.K.'s Independent reports bin Nayef has worked to crack down on al-Qaida's operations in Saudi Arabia, the Arab kingdom has a checkered history of intermittent support for and opposition to terrorism. William Murray, chairman of the Religious Freedom Coalition, said he was "flat-out shocked" when Pompeo flew to the Middle East during his first month on the job and handed the George Tenet Medal for counter-terrorism work to the man next in line as "dictator" of Saudi Arabia.
"If this award was joke, it was a bad one," Murray said. "All the major terror organizations, including al-Qaida, al-Nusra, the Islamic State (ISIS) and the Taliban, have at one time or another been supported in some way from Saudi Arabia. Fifteen of the nineteen 9/11 Islamic terrorists were from Saudi Arabia. Osama bin Laden was from Saudi Arabia and his family still runs major businesses there. "Virtually all the financing for Sunni Muslim terrorist groups comes from Saudi Arabia and the other Sunni Muslim gulf states. The Saudi intelligence services financed and armed the Sunni gangs that started the Syrian Civil War in 2011." (Read more)
- Father God, no matter who is responsible for this incident, it does not line up with our new president's stated policy to come against dangerous Islamic forces in the world. We thank You for Mike Pompeo, whom we know to be a fine Christian brother, and we ask that clarity be released surrounding this report, so the Saudis will understand that we do not plan to cover up their wicked deeds, nor further condone Islamic terrorism. Help us, O Lord, we pray, in Your name, amen.
- "In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans." (Romans 8:26)
10. Washington encourages Israel-Arab alliance against Iran - Yahoo.com
With a new leader in the White House bent on disrupting the status quo, could it also be time for a fresh approach to Middle East peace?
The United States this week encouraged a "regional" solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, backing a proposal for the Jewish state to unite with Sunni Arab powers against Shiite Iran, their common foe. The first meeting at the White House between President Donald Trump and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu took place on Wednesday, with the proceedings dominated by the US leader backing away from longstanding American policy of calling for a "two-state" solution.
Trump's aides contributed to the confusion by stating that Washington remained committed to the two-state solution that remains a staple of Mideast diplomacy, but added that the administration was also open to alternative solutions. (Read more)
- Lord God, You have said in Your Word (the Bible) that therefore, if you will obey My voice indeed, and keep My covenant, then You shall be a peculiar treasure unto Me above all people, for all the earth is Mine. The Land of Israel shall not be sold forever for the Land is Mine, for you are strangers and sojourners with Me. And the field of the suburbs of their cities may not be sold; for it is their perpetual possession. So Father, we pray that no person or nation attempt to divide Jerusalem or Israel regarding a two-state solution according to Your Word, amen.
- "And it shall be, when the Lord thy God shall have brought you into the Land which He swore unto your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob to give you great and goodly cities, which you did not build." (Deuteronomy 6:10)
11. Breaking! Melania opens President Trump's campaign rally with Lord's Prayer - AOL
First lady Melania Trump kicked off President Donald Trump's campaign rally in Melbourne, Florida on Saturday by reciting the Lord's prayer and telling the crowd she will "always stay true to myself, and be truthful to you."
"I didn't know Melania would be reading the Lord's prayer," Trump said following the first lady's remarks.
The crowd at Orlando-Melbourne Airport greeted Mrs. Trump with a loud ovation. "It is a great honor and great pleasure to stand here before you as the first lady of the United States," the former model said.
Before introducing her husband, the first lady described the country she and the president envision as "one that works for all Americans . . . and where all Americans can work and succeed. A nation committed to a great civility and unity between people from all sides of the political divide," she said. (Read more)
- Father God, we praise You for bringing us a First Lady who will so boldly speak of her own faith in public, and perhaps be used by Your Hand to lead our people back to You, As she does so, we thank You for this promise in Your Word, amen:
- "When a man's ways please the LORD, he maketh even his enemies to be at peace with him." (Proverbs 16:7)
The Daily Jot
Friday, February 17, 2017
Trump exposes wickedness in high places
After a month in office, President Donald Trump held a news conference to update Americans on the condition of their country. What he said was an extraordinary indictment on the corruption he found. He said the government was in a big mess, bigger than he thought, that politicians had been lying year after to year to get elected, foreign policy was in a shambles and that the news media were lying to the American public to advance an agenda protecting this institutionalized entrenchment of corrupt power. Having covered politics every day for over 15 years, these observations are not new to this writer. If Trump is 10% right, he is right enough to support him in his efforts to right the good ship America.
Trump is telling it as he sees it. He is unabashedly organic in his presentation, rough around the edges, not a diplomat. If he is seeing things accurately, he is the right man in the right position at the right time. Any much longer and the country would be taken over by an Islamic Marxist globalist coup. Trump spoke of "the entrenched power structure" He said, "As you know, our administration inherited many problems across government and across the economy. To be honest, I inherited a mess -- it's a mess -- at home and abroad. A mess." While everything was going along and Americans were living out their lives, evil politicians were globalizing our country and folding it into a dangerous one-world order.
Moreover, the free press was supporting this remaking of America, by, as Trump said, "distorting" the news and information. He said, "Unfortunately, much of the media in Washington, DC, along with New York, Los Angeles, in particular, speaks not for the people but for the special interests and for those profiting off a very, very obviously broken system. The press has become so dishonest that if we don't talk about it, we are doing a tremendous disservice to the American people--tremendous disservice. We have to talk about it to find out what's going on, because the press honestly is out of control. The level of dishonesty is out of control."
Trump enumerated a number of accomplishments during his first month-border security, job creation, deregulation, a five-year lobbying ban on White House officials, and a lifetime ban on them lobbying for foreign governments, the start of repealing socialist healthcare, a pro-life justice of the Supreme Court, sanctions on Iran. And the list goes on and on. The press continues its war on this man. The opposition distorts the truth and attacks at every opportunity. Trump is showing the very practical workings of Ephesians 6:12,"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." He is taking a stand against the physical manifestation of this each day. May we take up the whole armor of God and stand and intercede as well.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
How You Can Support President Trump
AGLOW Launches Campaign to Support President Trump
We have recently learned of a hideous plot called "the Ides of March" that has a dedicated Facebook page.
Those currently involved in resisting the new administration have targeted March 15th as a day to send President Trump a postcard expressing their opposition to him. Their plan is to overwhelm him with pink postcards symbolic of the pink slip that a person is given when fired. They plan to overwhelm the postal service by sending cards that contain hate filled messages. Such as, Sharpen your wit, unsheathe your writing implements, and see if your sincerest ill-wishes can pierce Donald's famously thin skin.
Queen Esther wrote a new decree that trumped the one previously written. I am asking you to begin sending in postcards that simply say, "I am praying for you." President Trump said those were the most meaningful words that he heard while on the campaign trail. And with the current atmosphere of chaos and insanity in our nation, I want him to know that there is a worldwide army that is supporting him in prayer.
I ask that you share this opportunity with your friends, your family, at your workplace, and with your church. I ask that those in Aglow, write "Aglow International" on the bottom of the card. Start now sending your cards of support, but let us all send one on March 14th to counter the Ides of March plot.
The address is:
President Donald J. Trump
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW
Washington, DC 20500
Together in purpose and unity,
Jane Hansen Hoyt
Norma McCorvey, Jane Roe of Roe v. Wade, Dies at 69
According to The Washington Post, McCorvey died Saturday from heart ailments at an assisted-living home in Texas.
McCorvey was just 22 years-old when she stepped into the spotlight as "Jane Roe" in the historic Roe. v. Wade Supreme Court case of 1973. However, while Roe. v. Wade officially legalized abortion in America, McCorvey later deeply regretted her role the case and became a Christian.
"Back in 1973, I was a very confused twenty-one year old with one child and facing an unplanned pregnancy," she says in an ad released nearly 10 years ago. "At the time I fought to obtain a legal abortion, but truth be told, I have three daughters and never had an abortion."
"Upon knowing God, I realized that my case, which legalized abortion on demand was the biggest mistake of my life," she adds. "I think it's safe to say that the entire abortion industry is based on a lie."
McCorvey didn't want to be remembered as the woman behind the biggest abortion case in America, but as a vocal pro-life activist.
"You read about me in history books, but now I am dedicated to spreading the truth about preserving the dignity of all human life from natural conception to natural death," she concluded in the ad.
Father Frank Pavone, National Director of Priests for Life, was a close friend to McCorvey and was a key figure in her faith life. . . Fr. Pavone also said McCorvey would want pro-life activists to continue the fight for life.
"Just prior to the March for Life this January, Norma told me to greet all the pro-life activists in her name and tell them to keep strong in the battle for life, which we are winning."
"I'm sorry she won't be here to celebrate with me when we finally abolish legal abortion in this country, but I know she will be watching," he added. (Read more)
- Father God, today we honor Norma McCorvey as one who, by Your grace, came out of the darkness into Your glorious light. We thank You for the many years she spent, devoting her life to the cause of life, and we pledge today to continue in that fight until it is won. In Your name, amen.
- "Pay everyone what you owe him . . . honor to whom honor is due." (Romans 13:7)
Honoring our First Lady
Honoring our First Lady . . .
By Reciting the Lord's Prayer, Melania Trump Has Blessed our Nation
When word reached us that the First Lady opened the rally for President Trump in Orlando on Saturday by asking all to join her in reciting The Lord's Prayer, our hearts jumped for joy!
By this simple act of obedience to the prompting of the Holy Spirit, Melania Trump has unleashed a wave of grace across our nation!
As we examine the meaning of the words of The Lord's Prayer, we too shall be blessed by her own act of obedience!
Let's look at each phrase of this prayer -- the prayer that our Lord taught His disciples to pray -- one step at a time, in the Book of Matthew, Chapter 6:
First, verse 9 --
Our Father, which art in Heaven, Hallowed be Thy Name."
-- This statement exalts our God above all other gods, and acknowledges His Holiness over all.
Next, verse 10:
"Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven."
- This statement reminds us that His will comes first, and hence that we are to serve Him in all we do (as a nation).
Next, verse 11, which says:
"Give us this day our daily bread."
- As a nation, we depend upon Him to be our supply, rather than upon some man-made system to do so.
Next, verse 13:
"And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors."
- (Thank you, Melania!) Mrs. Trump has just spoken forgiveness to all who are trespassing against us!
And finally, verse 12:
"And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen."
- YES, Lord! We do ask that You deliver our nation from evil, for Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever, amen!
We rejoice together in the goodness of our God as He visited Melania Trump with a desire to call forth His prayer over our nation in this hour, amen and amen!
> > > To view Mrs. Trump as she leads us in The Lord's Prayer, please go here.
Our Weekly Bible Study
Our Weekly Bible Study:
Sunday, Feb. 19 - Saturday, Feb. 25, 2017
> > > To read the "One Year Bible" weekly letter, go here.
> > > To read the Shabbat Torah readings, go here.
The Bible Readathon
Our Bible Readathon Continues
"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." (Psalm 119:105)
We are now reading the Word of God every night from midnight to 6:00 a.m. EST. We are reading through the whole Word, from Genesis to Revelation, and beginning again in Genesis when finished.
Our numbers of readers continues to grow over time. All are welcome to join!
The access code is: 350430#. Please call at any time from midnight to 6:00 a.m. EST. WELCOME!
[Note: we are reading from these versions of the Scripture: King James, New King James, New American Standard, and NIV.]