The dam spillway in Oroville, CA,
has failed and thousands are being
evacuated. Please pray for their
safety. For details, go here.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
"Praying for All in Authority"
Monday, February 13, 2017
"Standing Together as One . . . Under the Cross of Christ"
"God reigns over the nations, God sits on His holy throne." (Psalm 47:8)
"Pray for the peace of Jerusalem . . . " . (Psalm 122:6)
The First 100 Days
Prayer Resources for The First 100 Days
Tools to Assist in Offering Prayers for President Trump
and his Administration during these First 100 Days
1. 24/7 Prayer Line
Sponsored by the 24/7 National Strategic Prayer Network, you can call this number anytime, day or night, and join other prayer warriors across the nation to pray for the new administration.
The Conference Number is: 712-770-4340
The Access Code is: 543555#
Please dial #6 to mute your phone.
All are welcome to join!
PrayerSurgeNow hosts a weekly call every Saturday morning, beginning at 7:30 a.m. EST. Topics are geared to time-sensitive events happening in our country, and anointed speakers are invited to host each call, bringing insight to intercessors across the nation.
PrayerSurgeNow also hosts other calls throughout the week, as the need arises.
In order to keep pace with their news, please visit their blog at: www.prayersurgenow.blogspot.com, or by going here.
PSN's Conference number is: 712-432-0075
Access Code is: 6149782#
3. Daily Devotions - Sponsored by the AsOne network.
A prayer topic, intercession and Scriptural decrees are posted daily during these First 100 Days. Please go here to find today's devotion.
4. President Trump's Weekly Address:
Friday, February 10, 2017
To view last week's address, please go here.
5. PRAYERS FOR THE PRESIDENT
The First 100 Days and Beyond
A Collection of Prayers by the People:
An Inaugural Gift for President Donald J. Trump
To read this guide to prayer, written by 100 intercessors for each of the President's First 100 Days, please go here.
6. White House Press Briefings
To view each day's press conference,go here.
The videos of these press briefings appear below the video of Inauguration itself.
Focus on Israel
1. Bridges for Peace: Israel Prayer Update
Friday, February 10, 2017
To read this update, please go here.
2. Will Tzipi Livni be the first Israeli deputy chief of the UN? - Times of Israel
UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres has reportedly offered a post of deputy secretary-general to former Israeli foreign minister Tzipi Livni.
According to the Haaretz daily, Livni, who now heads the Hatnua Party and is number-two on the Zionist Union faction in the Knesset, was asked to join the world body by Guterres himself in a phone call over the weekend. (Read more)
3. Liberman: All the 'Palestinians' in Israel should go live under Abbas - Times of Israel
Israel's Defense Minister Avigdor Liberman said he would like to see all of Israel's "Palestinian" citizens relocate to the Palestinian territories and become citizens there, and that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, at his meeting on Wednesday with Donald Trump, should coordinate with the new US president on expanding Israeli sovereignty to parts of the West Bank.
In an interview with Israel's Channel 2 news, Liberman, asked about the two-state solution and his political program, said that his prime concern, when seeking to solve the conflict with the Palestinians, is to ensure the maintenance of Israel as a Jewish state.
"I want a Jewish state. Just as the Palestinians want a homogeneous Palestinian state, without a single Jew in it, judenrein, so I first and foremost want as Jewish a state [of Israel] as possible." (Read more)
4. Islamic State claims Eilat rocket attack, threatens more - Times of Israel
An Islamic State-affiliated terror group on Thursday claimed an attack that saw four rockets fired at the Red Sea resort city of Eilat in southern Israel from the Sinai Peninsula on Wednesday night.
The Islamic State Sinai Province said in a statement posted online, "A military squad fired a number of Grad rockets at communities of Jewish usurpers in the town of Eilat."
The statement said the group attacked Israel "in order to teach the Jews and the crusaders a proxy war will not avail them of anything." (Read more)
5. Israel downgrades ties with New Zealand, Senegal after anti-Israel resolution - World Israel News
Israel has permanently downgraded its diplomatic ties with New Zealand and Senegal, sanctioning these countries for co-sponsoring an anti-Israel resolution at the United Nations Security Council (UNSC) in December that criticized Israel's presence in Judea and Samaria. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, who also serves as Israel's foreign minister, decided last week not to return Israel's ambassadors to Wellington and Dakar after they had been recalled after Resolution 2334 passed in December, according to an Israeli diplomatic source quoted by Israel Radio.
Israel will be represented by a charges d'affaires, a lower-level diplomat, in both countries. (Read more)
6. Haniyeh hails 'new page' in Hamas-Egypt relations - Israel National News
Deputy Hamas leader Ismail Haniyeh declared on Sunday that Hamas has opened a new page in its relations with Egypt, following several years of tension. Haniyeh said that Hamas is interested in maintaining close contacts with Egypt and intends to remove all causes of concern for the Egyptian leadership, especially in the field of security.
Hamas was on good terms with Egypt under the rule of former Islamist President Mohammed Morsi, a member of Hamas's parent group, the Muslim Brotherhood. Things have been different, however, under current President Abdel Fattah Al-Sisi, who as chief of the Egyptian army ousted Morsi in 2013.
Cairo has accused Hamas of being involved in terrorist attacks in the Sinai, most of which have been carried out by the Sinai Province, which is the Islamic State (ISIS) affiliate in Egypt. Hamas denies the accusations. (Read more)
The Daily Brief
Every prayer below is presented to our Lord in the Name of Jesus Christ, amen.
1. Trump reaffirms support for Japan after North Korea missile test - The Hill
President Trump late Saturday reaffirmed the United States' support for Japan after reports that North Korea had conducted a ballistic missile test, its first since Trump entered office.
"The United States of America stands behind Japan, its great ally, 100 percent," Trump said in brief remarks during a hastily called joint press conference with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe in Florida. (Read more)
- Father God, we thank you for the quick response stated by our new president in the face of this missile launch. We thank You, too, that Japan is now one of our strongest allies, and that President Trump has honored that nation by his statement. In Your name, amen.
- "Behold, a king shall reign in righteousness . . ." (Isaiah 32:1a)
2. Prime Minister Netanyahu will visit February 15, White House announces - CNN
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu will visit the White House on February 15, White House press secretary Sean Spicer announced Monday. The White House confirmed it had extended an invitation to Netanyahu last week.
A senior administration official said last week that moving the US Embassy to Jerusalem from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem remains a priority for the president but cautioned that it would not be happen quickly.
Trump has emerged as a powerful backer of Netanyahu, who has angered liberals in the US with his push for new Israel settlements. Netanyahu and his allies would be elated if Trump moved the embassy, and the Israeli leader in recent days has even backed Trump's plan in the US for a border wall with Mexico. [Note: published on Jan. 30th] Read more.
- Please pray much for this meeting at the White House next week. While the Obama administration would likely have come out with a quick and sharply critical response to Israel's passing of a law which retroactively legalizes about 4,000 "settler outposts" in Judea and Samaria, President Donald Trump's State Department remained silent after the news broke Monday night, refusing to condemn the move. Pray that all policies related to Israel under President Trump would continue to be a blessing to them, in the name of our Messiah, amen.
- "And I will bless those who bless you, And the one who curses you I will curse. And in you all the families of the earth will be blessed." (Genesis 12:3)
3. In shift, Trump tells Xi he will honor 'one China' policy - CNSNews.com
President Donald Trump reaffirmed Washington's long-standing "one China" policy in a call with Beijing's leader, a move that could ease anger in China over his earlier suggestions that he might use Taiwan as leverage in negotiations over trade, security and other sensitive issues. More than two months after deviating from decades of American diplomacy regarding Taiwan by accepting a phone call from the self-governing island's president, Trump appeared to be trying to reassure Beijing he would not seek to upend relations between the world's two largest economies.
"This is an important step," said Bonnie Glaser, senior adviser on Asia at the Center for Strategic and International Studies in Washington, D.C. "This will now pave the way for the engagement of the U.S. and Chinese governments on a wide range of issues." The policy in place since 1979 requires Washington to maintain only unofficial ties with Taiwan, which China claims as its own territory. China views any hint of official U.S. recognition of the island as anathema to China's revival as a great Asian power. (Read more)
- Almighty God, we put our full trust in You to prevent President Trump from agreeing to any negotiations with China that would cause blood to be upon his hands and thus cause a trembling effect in his stand for righteous judgment. Move upon President Trump by the presence of God to hear from heaven and agree on earth to all of God's will in establishing a new relationship with China, which severs ungodliness of the past. In the mighty Name of Jesus we pray.
- "God shall deliver you (America) in six troubles: yea, in seven there shall no evil touch you. In famine He shall redeem you from death: and in war from the power of the sword. You shall be hid from the scourge of the tongue: neither shall you be afraid of destruction when it comes. And you shall know that your tabernacle shall be in peace; and you shall visit your habitation, and shall not sin." (Job 5:19-24)
4. Ninth Circuit Claims Unprecedented Power, Affirms Ban on Immigration EO - Breitbart
San Francisco's federal appeals court asserted a novel theory on Thursday to claim jurisdiction over the legal challenge to Executive Order 13769, affirming the lower court's order halting President Trump's temporary travel-restriction policy.
Federal appeals courts lack jurisdiction to review a district court's temporary restraining order (TRO), which is a stop-gap measure that lasts for 14 days or less (unless extended) in extreme circumstances when a court does not even have the time to hold expedited hearings on the legal merits of a lawsuit. Judge James Robart from the Western District of Washington issued a TRO to block President Trump's executive order.
The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit claimed jurisdiction anyway, reasoning that although the district court explicitly held that its TRO was not a preliminary injunction (which, unlike a TRO, can be reviewed by an appeals court). Read more
- Our Father, our president is being treated disrespectfully. We thank You for a president who knows You. As some judges are trying to take authority over this Executive Order, we ask that the courtroom of heaven will be the courtroom on earth, upholding this ban and rendering justice. In Your Name, Abba God, Amen.
- "Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God. Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to evil. Do you want to be unafraid of the authority? Do what is good and you will have praise from the same. For he is God's minister to you for good . . ." (Romans 13:1-4a)
5. It's 'coup d'etat' by 9th Circuit - WND
The 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals carried out a "coup d'etat" when it ignored both federal law and U.S. Supreme Court precedent to maintain a suspension of President Trump's order to bar entry to travelers from seven terror-supporting nations. John Eastman, a commentator for the Hill, said the 9th Circuit's ruling upholding federal Judge James Robart's nationwide temporary restraining order "is nearly as bereft of legal analysis as was the original TRO."
. . . Talk radio host Rush Limbaugh noted how judges who failed to follow the law were dealt with historically. "You know, I long for the days of Andrew Jackson and Abraham Lincoln; just arrest the judges and put them in jail when they violate your constitutional authority. I don't think people have any idea who Andrew Jackson was. They think he was a populist. They don't know what he did. He went too far, don't misunderstand. But this is simply outrageous." (Read more)
- Father God, we come against the spirit of treason that is now emerging in our land. We lay axe to its root, but the Blood of Jesus, and render this spirit to be lifeless, null and void. We decree that the spirit of treason shall not prosper in our land, in Your Name, amen.
- "The ax is already at the root of the trees, and every tree that does not produce good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire." (Luke 3:9)
6. Trump vows more 'security' action next week, amid immigration court fight - Fox News
President Trump vowed Friday to take "additional security" steps next week to keep the country safe while his administration fights in court to reinstate the controversial travel ban for residents of seven mostly Muslim countries - a case he voiced confidence the U.S. government will win.
"I have no doubt that we'll win that particular case," Trump said at the White House, during a press conference alongside visiting Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe. Without going into detail, Trump previewed additional measures he apparently plans to announce next week. "We'll be doing something very rapidly having to do with additional security for our country," Trump said. (Read more)
- Our father, direct President Trump as he makes decisions regarding immigration policy in our country. Let him hear You as You lead him in a solution to these issues. Let Your way be his way. As Commander-in- Chief of our nation President Trump has the authority to rule our country and he deserves respect from the judges in our courts as well as from the American people. Praise be to You Lord, amen.
- " . . . for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence." (1 Timothy 2:2)
7. Media miss major policy shift in Trump's immigration order - WND
Amid the controversy over President Trump's executive order on immigration, a major philosophical change in counter-terrorism strategy articulated in the order has been largely missed.
In contrast to the frequent reassurances of previous presidents that it is a "religion of peace," Islam - the historic, fundamentalist interpretation that is mainstream across the Middle East - will be regarded by the Trump administration as a hostile political ideology that threatens the U.S. Constitution. (Read more)
- Lord God, tear down and tear apart CAIR, the Moslem Brotherhood and all like enemies of the United States of America. Pull them up by their roots so that their roots are not buried in secrecy and will be exposed to the Light of Christ and all their fruit of wickedness die since their roots have been killed by the power of God in heaven. Strengthen President Trump and multiply the good seeds he is sowing and bring forth a bumper crop of godliness across America. We pray in the most powerful Name in the universe, Jesus Christ, amen.
- "Thus shall God's anger be accomplished, and I will cause My fury to rest upon them, and I will be comforted: and they shall know that I the Lord have spoken it in my zeal, when I have accomplished my fury in them. Moreover I will make you waste, and a reproach among the nations that are round about you, in the sight of all that pass by." (Ezekiel 5:13-14)
8. ICE: Southern California raids were planned for a while, not tied to Trump - Fox News
Immigration arrests across Southern California over the past week were planned before President Trump took office and could be compared to similar operations the occurred last summer, an Immigration and Customs Enforcement official said.
The Los Angeles Times reported that authorities arrested more than 160 people in the five-day sweep, most of whom have criminal histories. David Marin, the director, told the paper that most of those arrested had prior felony convictions, but a few were taken in because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time. He said five people would not have met the Obama administration's enforcement priorities but were arrested because they were found to be in the country illegally.
"The rash of these recent reports about ICE checkpoints and random sweeps and the like, it's all false, and that's definitely dangerous and irresponsible," Marin told the paper. "Reports like that create panic, and they put communities and law enforcement personnel in unnecessary danger." He said similar operations took place this week in Atlanta, New York and Chicago. (Read more)
- Lord, You see what is happening with the immigration situation in America. You way is the only way for the safety of everyone. Protect the Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials as they protect our borders. If people want to come into the USA let them go through the proper channels and enter legally. In Your name, amen.
"Then Jacob said, "O God of my father Abraham and God of my father Isaac, the Lord who said to me, "Return to your country and to your family, and I will deal well with you." (Genesis 32:9)
9. Soros plans endless, orchestrated anti-deportation protests - WND
Donald Trump, with his attorney general now in place, began following through on another campaign promise - deport criminal illegal aliens.
William Gheen of Americans for Legal Immigration, or ALIPAC, said protests . . . are being planned by Soros groups and widely reported by the establishment media in an effort to generate sympathies for illegal immigrants. He said the protests will strategically focus on immigrants who appear the most sympathetic.
"But both the Soros groups and media are underestimating the level of American resolve to deport illegals especially after all of the violent protests and attacks we've seen from leftists in the last few months," Gheen added. "These kinds of protests that involve blocking roads, violence, and the breaking of laws are having the opposite effect from what the demonstrators intend. Instead of generating sympathy, these kinds of arrestable offenses are building support for immigration and border law enforcement." (Read more)
- Almighty God in heaven, we trust You to send the heavenly host of angels to enter the arena where evil promoters sent by the devil are propagating unrest, desertion and wickedness into this country and we trust You to dispatch these holy angels to fight against this evil. When the warfare is between holy angels from heaven versus evil men and women, the evil will be wiped out and godliness will reign. Let it be so, my Father in heaven. We ask that You invade the souls of these wicked ones with the Light of Your Truth and Your Love, that each one might find salvation in You. We offer this prayer in the powerful Name of Jesus, amen.
- "As the whirlwind passes, so is the wicked no more: but the righteous is an everlasting foundation. The way of the Lord is strength to the upright: but destruction shall be to the workers of iniquity." (Proverbs 10:25,29)
10. How Obama is scheming to sabotage Trump's presidency - New York Post
When former President Barack Obama said he was "heartened" by anti-Trump protests, he was sending a message of approval to his troops. Troops? Yes, Obama has an army of agitators - numbering more than 30,000 - who will fight his Republican successor at every turn of his historic presidency. And Obama will command them from a bunker less than two miles from the White House.
In what's shaping up to be a highly unusual post-presidency, Obama isn't just staying behind in Washington. He's working behind the scenes to set up what will effectively be a shadow government to not only protect his threatened legacy, but to sabotage the incoming administration and its popular "America First" agenda.
He's doing it through a network of leftist nonprofits led by Organizing for Action. Normally you'd expect an organization set up to support a politician and his agenda to close up shop after that candidate leaves office, but not Obama's OFA. Rather, it's gearing up for battle, with a growing war chest and more than 250 offices across the country. (Read more)
- Father God, once again we see the spirit of treason operating against our government and our people -- this time coming from the office of a former president. Abba Father, this level of evil must be another sign of the end- times, for we have never seen anything like this in our nation's history.
We sever the cords of the wicked asunder: Barack Hussein Obama/George Soros/ the 250 offices that will direct these protests/and more. We thank You that it is written that, in Christ, we are "the head and not the tail," so we take authority over this madness in Your name, amen.
- [For Obama's network] "Devise a plan, but it will be thwarted; state a proposal, but it will not stand, For God is with us."(Isaiah 8:10)
[For law-abiding citizens in America] "Be strong and courageous, do not fear or be dismayed because of the king of Assyria nor because of all the horde that is with him; for the one with us is greater than the one with him." (2 Chronicles 32:7,8)
11. Reverse Tea Party? Republican officials facing more protests across country - WND
Washington Republicans this weekend faced more protests at public events -- backlash that appears to be growing against President Trump and the GOP-led Congress for trying to dismantle ObamaCare and other parts of their agenda. [For example] Education Secretary Betsy DeVos, a supporter of vouchers and and other alternatives to public education, was temporarily blocked Friday when trying to enter a District of Columbia public school. "Go home," shouted a man holding a "Black Lives Matters" sign. "Shame, shame, shame."
. . . House Democrats earlier this week made clear their plans this year to attack Republicans on vows to end ObamaCare, which could leave a project 22 million Americans without insurance. "We're going to keep stoking the fires," New Jersey Rep. Frank Pallone told Fox News on Wednesday in Baltimore, at the caucus's annual retreat. He made clear that Democrats, in the GOP-controlled Congress, are not encouraging voters to disrupt Republican town halls, saying that is "not actually allowed."
However, others appear ready to continue to disrupt GOP events, while distancing themselves from the Tea Party movement led by fiscal conservatives. One such group, or movement, is "Indivisible: A Practical Guide for Stopping the Trump Agenda," started by former congressional staffers who say they are "revealing the best practices for making Congress listen." The group says its guide started as a tweeted Google document that has now been downloaded more than a million times. (Read more)
- Precious Lord, we ask repentance for the actions of some in our nation that don't know You. One Democratic congressman has stated that they will continue "stoking the fires" -- protesting everything President Trump is doing in fulfilling his campaign promises and the duties of his office. Lord, if those people would read Your Word they would know how much hotter the fire in hell is for eternity.
May all the eyes and ears of those doing things against our president see and hear clearly to receive salvation. If they choose the way of darkness, let them be dealt with as You see fit. Your Word tells us that You shut the mouths of the lions and we ask that the same will be done to those creating chaos. In Your name and by the authority given to us by You we bind the hate, anger, disrespect, and all other evil spirits that have been released over our people. Let Your peace reign in our nation. Amen.
- "But there were also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive ways, because of whom the way of truth will be blasphemed. By covetousness they will exploit you with deceptive words; for a long time their judgment has not been idle, and their destruction does not slumber." (2 Peter 2:1-3)
12. Price sworn in as head of HHS; to be point person in dismantling of Obamacare - Fox News
Tom Price was sworn in to lead the Department of Health and Human Services after winning Senate confirmation early Friday morning, placing him in position to lead the way in dismantling Obamacare.
Price is a veteran House member and orthopedic surgeon who Republicans call a knowledgeable pick for the job. Democrats say he's an ideologue whose policies would snatch care from many Americans. "This is the first vote in the dismantling of the Affordable Care Act," Sen. Maria Cantwell, D-Wash., said. (Read more)
- O Lord God, by the power of the Blood of Jesus we pray that You will close the mouths of the lions who are demonically inspired to war against Tom Price regarding Obamacare and the Affordable Care Act. God in heaven, it was Jesus who turned Obamacare to sawdust as He held it in His hands and no power of man can resurrect it. So Lord, we ask that You will stand against anyone or anything that would attempt to replicate it. Jesus, make Your Word sure and stand behind Tom Price as he gives positive proof that Obamacare was destroyed years ago. We pray in the powerful Name of Jesus, amen.
- "Hear, all you people, hearken, O earth, and all that therein is: and let the Lord God be witness against you, the Lord from His holy temple. For, behold, the Lord comes forth out if His place, and will come down, and tread upon the high places of the earth." (Micah 1:2-3)
13. Congress IT Probe Suspects Had Massive Debts, Years Of Suspicious Activity - Daily Caller
Three brothers who managed office IT for government officials were relieved of their duties last week on suspicion that they accessed specific computer networks without permission, also known as hacking. Abid, Imran, and Jamal Awan were barred from computer networks at the House of Representatives Thursday.
Chiefs of staff for dozens of Democratic lawmakers who employed the four were informed last week that a criminal probe was underway into their use of congressional information technology systems, including the existence of an external server to which House data was being funneled, and into the theft of and overbilling for computer equipment.
Brothers Imran, Abid, and Jamal Awan and Hina Alvi, Imran's wife, each made $160,000 a year as information technology workers for the House. Their salaries and time were shared among dozens of Democratic members, including former Democratic National Committee Chairman Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz of Florida. The lawmakers also include members of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence and the House Committee on Foreign Affairs. (Read more)
- Almighty God, send the Light of Jesus Christ into the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals to ream out and remove all personnel who are spying and hacking the computer systems of the highest ranking level. Lord God, give a commandment from heaven that the vile and wicked men and women be removed from Capitol Hill and every member of the Muslim Brotherhood be removed. Put a wall of fire of protection around Capitol Hill that will burn out the wickedness that hides there. We pray for the souls of the people of Islam, that they will come to repentance and find Christ. We pray in the holy Name of Jesus, amen.
- "The Lord is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble: and He knows them that trust in Him. But with an overrunning flood He will make an utter end of the place thereof, and darkness shall pursue His enemies. What do you imagine against the Lord? He will make an utter end: affliction shall not rise up the second time." (Nahum 1:7-9)
The Daily Jot
Friday, February 10, 2017
The culture of hate threatens our liberty
Massachusetts Democratic Senator Elizabeth Warren was told to sit down and shut up by the male-dominated Senate when she was reading a 1986 letter from Coretta Scott King opposing the nomination of Jeff Sessions for a federal judgeship. That's how the Democratic Party and the mainstream news media are propagandizing the late-night moment. In reality, Warren, who is a known liar from her days falsely claiming she was part American Indian to get a job at Harvard, was railing against Sessions with personal attacks while reading the letter when the Senate voted to break her visceral filibuster, using Rule 19 that prohibits senators from impugning each other. Now you are seeing fake news at its best.
The communist/anarchist propaganda machine fueled by the Democrats and a willing media are crying foul. Warren's words play the female victim of bigotry and chauvinism card: "I literally can't be recognized on the floor of the Senate. I have become a nonperson during the discussion of Jeff Sessions...They can shut me up, but they can't change the truth" Majority leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky, explained, "She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted." And those are the sound bites that the fake news machine are using to say that because Warren is female and opposes Sessions, the GOP is discriminating against her for reading a letter that other senators also quoted from. Truth is, the other senators were not personally impugning Sessions while reading the letter. Sessions was later approved by a 52-47 vote.
The incident prompted Senator Marco Rubio, R-Fl, to respond, "I want people to think about our politics here today in America. Because I don't know of a single nation in the history of the world that has been able to solve its problems when half the people in a country absolutely hate the other half of people in that country. Turn on the news and watch these parliaments around the world where people throw chairs at each other, and punches, and ask yourself, how does that make you feel about those countries? It doesn't give you a lot of confidence about those countries. Now I'm not arguing that we're anywhere near that, but we're flirting with it. We're flirting with it in Congress and we are flirting with it in this country.
"We have become a society incapable of having debates anymore. No one ever stops to say, 'I think you're wrong, I understand your point of view, I get it, you have some valid points, but let me tell you why I think my view is better.' I don't hear that anymore. We are reaching a point in this republic where we're not going to be able to solve the simplest of issues because everyone is putting themselves in a corner where everyone hates everybody." Rubio said that if you disagree, you are immediately characterized as a bigot, racist, or whatever. Rubio is right. We need to find a way to disagree without being disagreeable. He also said it well. As Philippians 2:3 says, "Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem the other better than themselves." It is the missing link to civilized discourse.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
News from Joel Rosenberg
News from Joel Rosenberg
King Abdullah's Recent Visit to Washington, D.C.
President Trump praises Jordan's King Abdullah & invites him back to D.C. for a summit. The King delivers a powerful speech at the National Prayer Breakfast on the unique opportunity we have to work together as allies. Here's the latest.
(Washington, D.C.) -- Never have the American people needed a solid strategic alliance with friendly Sunni Arab Muslims more than it does right now. Never has a new American President and his administration had more to gain from carefully listening to -- and truly partnering with -- a Middle Eastern leader who shares our goals and actually wants to help us. At a time when the Assad government is destroying Syria, when the Islamic State is slaughtering Muslims and waging genocide against Christians, and when the ayatollahs of Iran are hell-bent on becoming the dominant military power in the Middle East, we urgently need Muslim friends who oppose Radical Islam and Apocalyptic Islam and have the courage to stand against the forces of violent extremism.
At a time when millions of refugees are fleeing from Syria and Iraq, we also need an ally in the region with the compassion and the capacity to take these refugees in and care for them with food, clothing, shelter, and education until stability in their home countries are restored and they can return. It is flat out wrong to say that all Muslims hate the West, and that there are no moderate Muslims out there. Those who say such things, or imply them, simply have no idea what they are talking about. There are actually many Muslim allies eager to work with the U.S. against Iran and ISIS and other extremists. Among them: the leaders of Egypt, the Gulf States, Saudi Arabia, Azerbaijan, Indonesia, India, Turkey (though that's a complicated one) and Pakistan (that's also complicated).
The most impressive of these, as I have written before, is Jordan's King Abdullah II. He is not simply a direct descendant of the founder of Islam who is beloved by the people he leads; he is also a moderate, a man of peace (including maintaining a treaty with Israel), and far and away the most faithful and trustworthy Sunni Arab ally the Western alliance has. He has welcomed more refugees into his country than any of his neighbors, and his military is actively fighting ISIS and defending his people from the threat ISIS poses. True, Washington doesn't agree with the King on every issue. But with what ally do we agree on every issue? The point is that there is a long and proven track record of working side-by-side with His Majesty towards common objectives, and against common enemies.
. . . Thus, it was an honor to attend a luncheon on Thursday -- part of the National Prayer Breakfast events -- where King Abdullah delivered an excellent keynote address. He spoke on the importance of Christians, Jews and Muslims working together as friends, and on the importance of the U.S. and Jordan working closely together to defeat terrorists that he described as "outlaws" of Islam.
. . . The King received two rousing and much-deserved standing ovations.
I am deeply encouraged that the Trump-Pence administration has wisely embraced the Jordanian leader and invited him to be the first Arab leader and first Muslim leader to meet with them in Washington. On Monday, Vice President Pence had a working breakfast with the King at the Naval Observatory. The King also met during the week with all the key members of the President's national security and foreign policy teams, and with many Congressional leaders, both Republicans and Democrats. During my meetings on Capitol Hill with Members of the House and Senate, I kept hearing rave reviews of their meetings with the King.
Most importantly, President Trump's private meeting with His Majesty on Thursday was reportedly warm and substantive. The President praised the King as a true friend of the U.S. and the two men agreed to work together to strengthen the US-Jordanian partnership. Indeed, "the King and the U.S. President agreed to hold a summit meeting in the near future," reported the Petra News Agency.
[This is an excerpt. To read all of Joel's excellent article, please go here.]
Prayer Request from Joel Rosenberg:
For now, let's be grateful these meetings went so well and let's pray that the relationship between the President and the King grows quickly and deeply. Let's also pray the two leaders and their teams can work together to build upon the historic if quiet alliance emerging between Israel and the Sunni Arabs to stand against the existential threats posed by Iran and ISIS.
AMEN, Joel! We agree!
A Word from Franklin Graham
A Word from Franklin Graham
'This Is Not a Time to Stand Down'
Please note: The following is an excerpt of remarks delivered by Rev. Franklin Graham during the Presidential Inauguration of Donald J. Trump.
To read Rev. Graham's entire remarks, please go here.
(Source: Billy Graham Evangelistic Association)
As God's people, this is not a time to stand down or drop our guard. Powerful forces are opposing any change of direction. Our new leaders need wisdom, strength, and guidance from Almighty God. The Bible says, "Pray without ceasing" (1 Thessalonians 5:17, NASB). For our nation and its future, that admonition never had more urgency. Our faith and hope is in God, not human leaders.
In the Bible we read of a pattern that repeated itself over and over in Israel's history. The nation would lose its focus on God and became accommodating toward sin. That led to God's judgment and troubled times. When the people humbled themselves, repented, and cried out fervently to God in prayer for help, He responded by giving them a fresh opportunity. But before long, the people of Israel would relax and once again lose their focus on obedience to God.
Let's not allow that cycle to develop on our watch. We must keep praying not only for America and its leaders, but also for our churches, for spiritual awakening across the land, and for people who need Jesus Christ. And we must make sure our own hearts and lives are fully committed and obedient to God.
More Daily Features
The Persecuted Church
"Remember the prisoners, as though in prison with them, and those who are ill-treated, since you yourselves also are in the body." (Hebrews 13:3)
Please visit the website for International Christian Concern to lift up prayers for the persecuted around the world, every day. Their link is: www.persecution.org -- or go here to connect. Thank you for interceding for our brothers and sisters who are suffering in Asia, the Islamic World, and the Far East.
HAIL THE DAY THAT SEES HIM RISE
"So then, when the Lord Jesus had spoken to them, He was received up into heaven and sat down at the right hand of God." (Mark 16:19)
"So then, when the Lord Jesus had spoken to them, He was received up into heaven and sat down at the right hand of God." (Mark 16:19)
Hail the day that sees Him rise, Alleluia!
To His throne above the skies, Alleluia!
Christ, awhile to mortals given, Alleluia!
Reascends His native heaven, Alleluia!
There the glorious triumph waits, Alleluia!
Lift your heads, eternal gates, Alleluia!
Christ hath conquered death and sin, Alleluia!
Take the King of glory in, Alleluia!
Circled round with angel powers, Alleluia!
Their triumphant Lord, and ours, Alleluia!
Conqueror over death and sin, Alleluia!
"Take the King of glory in! Alleluia!"
Him though highest Heav'n receives, Alleluia!
Still He loves the earth He leaves, Alleluia!
Though returning to His throne, Alleluia!
Still He calls mankind His own, Alleluia!
There we shall with Thee remain, Alleluia!
Partners of Thy endless reign, Alleluia!
There Thy face unclouded see, Alleluia!
Find our heaven of heavens in Thee, Alleluia!
> > > To read all the lyrics, please go here.
Please go here.
About the Author:
Words: Charles Wesley, 1742.
Music:Robert Williams, 1817
Signs and Wonders
Note to photographers: When you see a funnel cloud reaching down out of a stormy sky, the correct response is usually Run! Brazilian photographer Helio C. Vital made a different choice. Click! He snapped this picture on Feb. 7th from Rio de Janeiro.
"The cloud appeared about a half hour before sunset," says Vital. "It was part of a thunderstorm cell that was approaching, announcing the arrival of a new weather system that would bring rain to the city several hours later."
Meteorologists call this type of cloud a "tuba" -- a swirling mass of moist air that can hang down from an active thunderstorm. A tuba that touches the ground gets a new name: tornado. "Fortunately, in spite of its threatening appearance, this tuba did not reach the ground and no damage was reported," says Vital. (Spaceweather.com)
"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea." (Luke 21:25)
The Good News Corner
522 'johns' and 'pimps' arrested in Super Bowl sex trafficking sting
During Super Bowl weekend 522 would-be sex buyers or sex traffickers were arrested across the United States.
The arrests follow a massive sting operation involving 23 law enforcement agencies in 14 states taking part in the National Johns Suppression Initiative. The program started three weeks ago and culminated on Super Bowl Sunday.
"Sex trafficking continues to destroy countless lives, and this broad national movement should send a strong message to prospective johns that their 'hobby' is much more than a 'victimless' crime," said Illinois Sheriff Thomas J. Dart in a press release.
"It's particularly meaningful that this sting culminated on the day of the Super Bowl, which unfortunately has emerged as a prominent haven for sex trafficking." (Read more)
- We thank you, Lord, for this GOOD REPORT and for this wonderful answer to our prayers. We ask now that those who have been trafficked receive the care they need in a time of healing, amen.
- "Sing praises to God, sing praises; Sing praises to our King, sing praises."
Colton Dixon - "You Are"
The Bible Readathon
Our Bible Readathon Continues
"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." (Psalm 119:105)
We are now reading the Word of God every night from midnight to 6:00 a.m. EST. We are reading through the whole Word, from Genesis to Revelation, and beginning again in Genesis when finished.
Our numbers of readers continues to grow over time. All are welcome to join!
The access code is: 350430#. Please call at any time from midnight to 6:00 a.m. EST. WELCOME!
[Note: we are reading from these versions of the Scripture: King James, New King James, New American Standard, and NIV.]