CHPP Daily Brief: "Praying for All in Authority" Monday, February 27, 2017
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
"Praying for All in Authority"
Monday, February 27, 2017
"Standing Together as One
. . . Under the Cross of Christ"
"Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good." (Romans 12:21)
The First 100 Days
Prayer Resources for The First 100 Days
Tools to Assist in Offering Prayers for President Trump
and his Administration during these First 100 Days
1. 24/7 Prayer Line
Sponsored by the 24/7 National Strategic Prayer Network, you can call this number anytime, day or night, and join other prayer warriors across the nation to pray for the new administration.
The Conference Number is: 712-770-4340
The Access Code is: 543555#
Please dial *6 to mute your phone.
All are welcome to join!
PrayerSurgeNow hosts a weekly call every Saturday morning, beginning at 7:30 a.m. EST. Topics are geared to time-sensitive events happening in our country, and anointed speakers are invited to host each call, bringing insight to intercessors across the nation.
PrayerSurgeNow also hosts other calls throughout the week, as the need arises.
In order to keep pace with their news, please visit their blog at: www.prayersurgenow.blogspot.com, or by going here.
PSN's Conference number is: 712-432-0075
Access Code is: 6149782#
3. Daily Devotions - Sponsored by the AsOne network.
A prayer topic, intercession and Scriptural decrees are posted daily during these First 100 Days. Please go here to find today's devotion.
4. President Trump's Weekly Address:
Friday, February 24, 2017
To view last week's address, please go here.
5. PRAYERS FOR THE PRESIDENT
The First 100 Days and Beyond
A Collection of Prayers by the People:
An Inaugural Gift for President Donald J. Trump
To read this guide to prayer, written by 100 intercessors for each of the President's First 100 Days, please go here.
6. White House Press Briefings
To view each day's press conference, go here.
The videos of these press briefings appear below the video of Inauguration itself.
Focus on Israel
1. Bridges for Peace: Weekly Update
To read this report, please go here.
2. Liberman: UNHRC 'the Council of Hatred of Israel' - Israel National News
Israeli politicians on Friday blasted the United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC) after its representative criticized the sentencing of soldier Elor Azariya, who was convicted of manslaughter for shooting a wounded terrorist and was sentenced to 18 months in prison.
UN human rights spokeswoman Ravina Shamdasani said the sentence imposed on Azariya was "excessively lenient."
"We are deeply disturbed at the lenient sentence given by the Tel Aviv Military Court earlier this week to an Israeli soldier convicted of unlawfully killing a wounded Palestinian in an apparent extrajudicial execution of an unarmed man who clearly posed no imminent threat," she told a news briefing in Geneva.
Defense Minister Avigdor Liberman blasted the comments later on Friday. (Read more)
3. Pope Praises 'Precious' Torah to Rabbis, Calls for Interfaith 'Covenant' - Breaking Israel News
Pope Francis on Thursday received a group of Rabbis led by his long time friend from Buenos Aires, Rabbi Abraham Skorka, Vatican Radio reported. The delegation offered a new edition of the Torah.
Back in 2014, Rabbi Skorka told Ha'aretz that the pope "would like to have some kind of reaction from the Jews to the improvements undertaken by the Catholic Church regarding its relationship with the Jews," but Jewish leaders have responded coldly, focusing instead on the tragedies of the past and suspecting that behind all this exterior good will hides the ancient desire to convert the Jews. (Read more)
4. Palestinians urge boycott of Israeli military courts - Times of Israel
Palestinian officials on Sunday called for a boycott of Israeli military courts after a Palestinian murder convict freed in a 2011 prisoner exchange was rearrested and sent back to prison for life.
Speaking in the West Bank city of Ramallah, Palestinian Prisoners Club head Qadura Fares called on detainees' families and Palestinian organizations to stop taking part in military trials and to refuse to pay convicts' fines, which he said amounted to $6 million in 2016. (Read more)
5. Palestinian Authority President to address UN Human Rights Council - Jerusalem Post
Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas will address the UN Human Rights Council on Monday as it opens its 34 session in Geneva on Monday.
He will be the first of some 100 dignitaries to speak at the high level portion, that will last for three days, before the council begins to tackle issues relating to the death penalty, racial profiling and incitement to hate as well as country situations in Iran, Syria, and Israel.
Abbas's speech, which is expected to focus on Palestinian statehood, terrorism and instability in the Middle East, marks only the second time he has addressed the UNHRC during its high level portion. He last did so in 2015. (Read more)
6. Fearing terror, Egyptian Christians flee Sinai for 4th day - Times of Israel
ISMAILIA, Egypt (AP) - Egyptian Christians fearing attacks by Islamic State group militants fled the volatile northern part of the Sinai Peninsula for a fourth day on Sunday, after a string of sectarian killings there sent hundreds packing and raised accusations the government is failing to protect the minority.
Over 100 families from the town of el-Arish and nearby have come to the Suez Canal city of Ismailia, 120 kilometers (75 miles) east of Cairo, since Friday, Nabil Shukrallah of the city's Evangelical Church said.
Families arrive scared and in need of supplies, which are being stockpiled at the church via donations from several parishes, he said. They are then transported to be housed in and around the city, in private homes and now also accommodation provided by the government. (Read more)
The Daily Brief
Every prayer below is presented to our Lord in the Name of Jesus Christ, amen.
1. Trump electrifies CPAC: 'You finally have a president!' - WND
Friday, President Trump emerged from backstage to thunderous applause from the enthusiastic crowd of young, old and middle-aged Americans in the jam-packed ballroom. Shortly after 9:30, 50 minutes before Trump was scheduled to speak, an announcement came over the PA system that the room was at capacity and anyone who left the room after that point would not be allowed back in. By the time Trump took the stage, it would have taken a shoehorn to squeeze any more spectators into the ballroom. "You finally have a president," he told attendees of the 44th annual conference. "It took you a long time. It's patriots like you that made it happen." If CPAC 2017 was any indication, conservatives appear to have embraced Trump. (Read more and watch Trump's speech here.)
> > > To view the video of this speech, please go here.
- Father God, we do praise You that we finally have a true president back in the Oval Office. We ask that Your hand of protection would rest upon President Trump, his family, and his staff continually, now and forever, in Your name, amen.
- "I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go . . . " (Genesis 28:15)
2. Dow Chemical CEO: 'This Is Probably the Most Pro-Business Administration Since the Founding Fathers' - CNS News.com
Dow Chemical CEO Andrew Liveris, one of 24 CEOs of the nation's largest manufacturing companies who met with President Donald Trump at the White House on Thursday, said they were "encouraged by the pro-business policies" of the administration, adding that "this is probably the most pro-business administration since the Founding Fathers."
"We in the manufacturing sector . . . are very encouraged by the pro-business policies of President Trump and his cabinet. Some of us have said that this is probably the most pro-business administration since the Founding Fathers. There is no question that the language of business is occurring here at the White House," Liveris said. (Read more)
- Lord, thank you for 24 CEOs of the nation's largest manufacturing companies delivering their much needed encouraging words to President Trump. Praise You for their complimenting him by stating, "this is probably the most pro-business administration since the Founding Fathers." Thank You for the Holy Spirit's leading our president in the decisions he makes for our nation. Asking continued blessings over him in Your Hold name. Amen.
- "Bless the Lord, you His angels, Who excel in strength, who do His word, Heeding the voice of His word." (Psalm 103:20)
3. In sweeping move, Trump puts regulation monitors in U.S. agencies - Reuters
President Donald Trump signed an executive order on Friday to place "regulatory reform" task forces and officers within federal agencies in what may be the most far reaching effort to pare back U.S. red tape in recent decades. Trump signed the directive in the Oval Office with chief executives of major U.S. corporations standing behind him including Dow Chemical Co (DOW.N), Lockheed Martin Corp (LMT.N) and U.S. Steel Corp (X.N).
The sweeping order directs every federal agency to establish a task force to ensure each has a team to research all regulations and take aim at those deemed burdensome to the U.S. economy and designate regulatory reform officers within 60 days and must report on the progress within 90 days.
"Excessive regulation is killing jobs, driving companies out of our country like never before," Trump said before signing the order. "Every regulation should have to pass a simple test; does it make life better or safer for American workers or consumers?"(Read more)
- Father, we thank our God for directing our president to make wise decisions in putting regulation monitors in these agencies. We ask that the right people be in place to carry out this decision with intelligence and diligence so that employees are protected and companies are governed more soundly. In Jesus' Name we pray.
- "The righteous shall inherit the land, and dwell therein forever. The mouth of the righteous speaks wisdom, and his tongue talks of judgment. The law of his God is in his heart; none of his steps shall slide." (Psalm 37:29-31)
4. FRC: Trump's Reversal of Bathroom/Shower Mandate Is a Victory for Parents, Kids - CNSNews.com
Action taken by the Trump administration to reverse an Obama administration mandate that public schools allow transgender students to use the bathrooms and showers that coincide with their "gender identity," not their biological sex, is a "victory for parents, children and privacy," said the Family Research Council (FRC) on Feb. 22.
The FRC also said their step, made specifically by Education Secretary Betsy DeVos and Attorney General Jeff Sessions, "fulfills President Trump's campaign promise to get the federal government out of the business of dictating school shower and bathroom policies."
"The Trump administration's reversal of this mandate on schools is a victory for parents, children, and privacy," said FRC President Tony Perkins. (Read more)
- Praise You, Jesus for President Trump's decision reversing the Obama administration allowing transgender students to decide their "gender identity" and giving no respect to the students who know what gender You created them to be. Praises and glory for this decision that protects all children. Thank You, Lord, for Education Secretary Betsy DeVos and Attorney General Jeff Sessions, taking these steps that fulfill President Trump's campaign promise.
- "Of the increase of His government and peace There will be no end. Upon the throne of David and over His kingdom, To order it and establish it with judgment and justice From that time forward, even forever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this." (Isaiah 9:7)
5. White House blocks news organizations from press briefing - CNN.com
The White House blocked a number of news outlets from covering spokesman Sean Spicer's question-and-answer session on Friday afternoon. Spicer decided to hold an off-camera "gaggle" with reporters inside his West Wing office instead of the traditional on-camera briefing in the James S. Brady Press Briefing Room.
Among the outlets not permitted to cover the gaggle were news organizations President Trump has singled out for criticism, including CNN. The New York Times, The Hill, Politico, BuzzFeed, the Daily Mail, BBC, the Los Angeles Times and the New York Daily News were among the other news organizations not permitted to attend.
Several right-leaning outlets were allowed into Spicer's office, including Breitbart, the Washington Times and One America News Network. (Read more)
- O righteous Father, we thank You for the wisdom you have given this leadership to set boundaries to keep out those who come into these White House Briefings with an agenda that would distort the truth. We applaud this wise step of allowing only those who stand with the truth to be in attendance. We pray in Jesus' Name and give thanks for Your guidance.
"Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled." (Titus 1:15)
6. Donald Trump: The First Amendment Gives Me The Right To Criticize 'Fake News' - Huffington Post
President Donald Trump criticized the media again on Friday while speaking at the 2017 Conservative Political Action Conference in National Harbor, Maryland. Trump claimed it was wrongly reported that he called the media the "enemy of the people" last week, saying he'd actually called "fake news" the enemy. But he has branded such reputable media outlets as the The New York Times, CNN, NBC and others "fake news."
The president argued that the First Amendment gives him "the right to criticize fake news and criticize it strongly. [The media] say that we can't criticize their dishonest coverage because of the First Amendment," Trump said. "I love the First Amendment. Nobody loves it better than me," he added. (Read more)
- Father, thank You for guiding President Trump to stand strong in his belief that truth should be the high standard in reporting the news. Bless him and set a hedge of God's protection around him and his administration. Put a wall of fire around the White House and every government office that will be a powerful resistance against the enemy forces of evil. In the Name of Jesus we pray, amen.
- "Though I walk in the midst of trouble, God will revive me: He shall stretch forth His hand against the wrath of my enemies and His right hand shall save me. The Lord will perfect that which concerns me." (Psalm 138:7-8)
7. Trump: I Will Not Attend WH Correspondents' Association Dinner - Newsmax
President Donald Trump said Saturday that he would not attend the White House Correspondents' Association Dinner in April - amid an escalating battle with the news media - though he asked organizers to "please wish everyone well and have a great evening."
Jeff Mason, president of the White House Correspondents' Association, which sponsors the event, said on Twitter only that the group "takes note of President Donald Trump's announcement on Twitter that he does not plan to attend the dinner." He said that the dinner, to be held on April 29, "has been and will continue to be a celebration of the First Amendment and the important role played by an independent news media in a healthy republic." (Read more)
- Father God, we thank You for the wisdom demonstrated by our president in taking this action. In Your Name, amen.
- "Keep sound wisdom and discretion,
So they will be life to your soul
. . . Then you will walk in your way securely
And your foot will not stumble." (Proverbs 3:21-23)
8. Tom Perez elected new DNC chairman, beating out Rep. Keith Ellison - New York Daily News
Democrats named former Obama labor secretary Tom Perez Saturday as the party's new national chairman. Perez beat out Keith Ellison, a Minnesota congressman, in the second round of voting Saturday by Democratic National Committee members at their meeting in Atlanta.
The months-long contest exposed deep divisions within the party following Hillary Clinton's election loss to President Trump. Perez, who backed Clinton and was considered as a possible contender to be her running mate, was viewed as a party insider close to the old guard.
Perez sought unity in the wake of his win and promised to lead the charge against President Trump's conservative agenda.
"We are at a turning point for our party and for all Americans. As I often say, this is a 'Where were ya?' moment. Years from now our children and grandchildren will ask us, 'Where were you when Donald Trump and his fellow Republicans attacked our values as a party and a country?' I want to be able to say I did everything in my power to fight back," he said. (Read more)
- Praise and thanksgiving to You our Lord, Jesus Christ of Nazareth, for the election of Tom Perez as the new DNC chairman. Mr. Perez has defeated Minnesota congressman Keith Ellison, who is a Moslem. Father, we understand that there are also some other prayer concerns regarding Mr. Perez, so we will stand watch over these issues, too. Lord, bring down all in our government that are not of You strengthening our nation as "One nation under God." Hallelujah!
- "Oh, clap your hands, all you peoples! Shout to God with the voice of triumph! For the Lord Most High is awesome; He is a great King over all the earth. He will subdue the peoples under us, And the nations under our feet. He will choose our inheritance for us," ( Psalm 47:1-4a)
9. Obama, Democratic 'super group' unite to end gerrymandering, win state races, reclaim majorities - Fox News
Former President Obama and other top Democrats are focusing efforts on state-level races and ending the reconfiguring of voting districts through the politically-laden process known as gerrymandering -- a combined effort to end "Trump-ism" and help their party regain control of Congress and legislatures across the country. Obama indicated before leaving the White House last fall that his short-term, post-presidency focus will be on General Assembly races and redistricting after the 2020 Census.
And 2016 presidential candidate former Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley has become the most recent high-profile Democrat to take up the cause. "America needs non-partisan redistricting commissions," O'Malley said at Boston College Law School, where he's now a visiting professor. "This simple reform . . . must become the new norm of American democracy. . . How can we expect people to vote if their voice has been carved into irrelevance by a political map ahead of time?" (Read more)
- O righteous Father, we come before Your throne in heaven and ask that the holiness of Almighty God destroy the root system of any action taken by the past administration and by Democrats as a whole that were not according to Your will for our nation. Uproot their attempts to keep America under the past darkness whose aim was to destroy this country. We pray in the Name of Jesus and consider it done by His authority and power.
- "O give thanks unto the Lord; for He is good: for his mercy endures forever. To Him who alone does great wonders; to Him which smote great kings: and slew famous kings: and has redeemed us from our enemies." (Psalm 136:1)
10. Analyst warns Obama now undermining Democrats - Fox News
An analyst is warning that Barack Obama, through his political organization and its army of 30,000 operatives, poses a threat to his own Democratic Party, says a report in Joseph Farah's G2 Bulletin. The analysis comes from Martin Armstrong, whose Armstrong Economics provides commentary on a wide range of issues extending beyond economics, including history, global warming, real estate and world events.
"Obama has circumvented the Democrats with [Organizing for America] and has established a clandestine unaccountable political party taking money from questionable people," he writes. "There are many Democrats at the state level who are starting to see OFA as an organization independent of the Democratic Party itself, which [is] trying to undermine Trump, yet may in fact undermine the Democratic Party itself."
OFA was set up when Obama began his first run for the White House, ran through his presidency and continues now that he's out of office. "Obama is behind the effort to derail and block the Trump administration on everything. However, Obama may be sowing the seeds of the destruction of the Democratic Party altogether. Those who think Obama is not behind this coup are blinded by their bias," he writes. "To agree with this statement DOES NOT mean the Republicans are saints - just look at John McCain if you need reassurance. John McCain voted to tax the Internet."
However, he says, Obama "is deliberately trying to create an uprising and is side-stepping the Democratic Party himself because they will not agree with his agenda." (Read more)
- Father God, put Your hand on the past president and steer him in a circle that will become his own man-made funnel of self-destruction. By his deeds, he shall reap what he has sown. Lord, help all those blinded people who have been grossly deceived and are now led into a deep well of darkness by this power hungry spirit. Defeat all his works by the Blood of Jesus. Annihilate everything he has done or is aspiring to do by the goodness of Almighty God. Bring him to the saving knowledge of You, O Lord, we pray. Amen.
"For you have said in your heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High God." (Isaiah 14:13-14)
11. Trump wants to make sure U.S. nuclear arsenal at 'top of the pack' - Reuters
"President Donald Trump said on Thursday he wants to ensure the U.S. nuclear arsenal is at the 'top of the pack,' saying the United States has fallen behind in its weapons capacity. In a Reuters interview, Trump also said China could solve the national security challenge posed by North Korea 'very easily if they want to,' ratcheting up pressure on Beijing to exert more influence to rein in Pyongyang's increasingly bellicose actions.
In his first comments about the U.S. nuclear arsenal since taking office on Jan. 20, Trump was asked about a December tweet in which he said the United States must greatly strengthen and expand its nuclear capacity 'until such time as the world comes to its senses regarding nukes.' Trump said in the interview he would like to see a world with no nuclear weapons but expressed concern that the United States has 'fallen behind on nuclear weapon capacity.'
'I am the first one that would like to see . . . nobody have nukes, but we're never going to fall behind any country even if it's a friendly country, we're never going to fall behind on nuclear power." (Read more)
- Lord God, again we praise You and we thank You for giving us a President who is not afraid to lead our nation from a position of strength, bringing peace. Thank You for Your continued blessings upon his life, in Your name, amen.
- "The Lord bless you, and keep you;
The Lord make His face shine on you,
And be gracious to you;
The Lord lift up His countenance on you,
And give you peace. Amen." (Numbers 6:24-26)
"Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good." (Romans 12:21)
Beginning last Thursday afternoon, we were made aware of a major effort on the part of those who practice various forms of witchcraft and occult rituals to target President Trump and those who stand with him, in order to bring about his downfall from power.
We immediately went to work and began to sound the alarm to other prayer networks across the nation who also immediately took note. Each one mobilized their own members, in a variety of ways, to launch a "counterattack," through prayer, against this planned assault.
As this scenario began to take shape, we then realized that what was being planned against our president involved a network of lost souls at the GLOBAL level. So, once again, we began calling on our friends who can mobilize intercessors across the nations to begin to take action on their own.
The target date for this mass ritual was midnight, last Friday night, February 24th.
The witches plan to repeat this tactic every month, based on the lunar cycle of the waning moon, until their goal has been met.
We do not yet know how our Lord might move in the days ahead to call His saints to protect our president, but we do know the targeted dates. These are:
March 26th; April 24th; May 23rd; June 21st (especially important as it is the summer solstice); July 21st; August 19th; etc.
Below please find an excerpt from one of our friends who heads up a global prayer network, John Robb, Chairman, the International Prayer Council. Thank you for prayerfully considering his words, and we stand in agreement with all of you as, together, we pray for the safety of the President of the United States: Donald J. Trump. Amen. And as you stand, praying, please remember Jesus' words, spoke on the Cross: "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do." (Luke 23:34)
. . . Today word has come that the resist Trump effort has gone supernatural in a global call to invoke the demonic realm against him. Witches worldwide are planning to cast spells on Donald Trump, starting tomorrow, February 24th, at midnight, going around the globe hour by hour and continuing month by month according to the lunar cycle until Trump is taken out. Would you please join us in prayer and mobilize others to pray with you for the following things:
1. That any enemies burrowed in the vast federal bureaucracy in Washington DC will be exposed and punished. Their recent leaks have become a threat to national and international security and are against the law.
2. That George Soros, a deeply wicked man who has schemed to destroy other nations and thinks he is a god, will be dealt with by the Lord Himself, hopefully to repent but in any case to be removed from being able to carry out further harm to the USA or any other country.
3. That Organizing for Action and other extreme liberal-Marxist attempts to subvert the current American leadership will be foiled and that such efforts will greatly backfire against those who are involved, no matter who they are, even ViPs.
4. Let us also agree in prayer and in the authority Jesus has given us that "whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven" (Matthew 18:18-19). We now bind in the Name that is above all names every demonic entity and any curses that are or will be invoked against President Trump, his colleagues and administration. In Jesus' authority and in unity with other intercessors, we render them null and void, and may those invocations and curses recoil on those who call for them, driving them in repentance to Jesus Christ as Savior, or as He would have it, ending their ability to cause any more harm!
Chairman, International Prayer Council
Urgent! Pray for President Trump as Witches Launch Global Curses Against Him - Charisma News
"America's born again Believers should cover President Trump in prayer. It's obvious that the demonic realm is stirred by his presence. It's also obvious that the . . . globalist community is going berserk over a Trump presidency. These are simply signs to those of us who know God's Word that President Trump is being used by the Lord in these prophetic times. Pray for him. Pray for our nation. And, then, get on with the work of the Kingdom." - Pastor Carl Gallups (Read more here)
The Daily Jot
Friday, February 24, 2017
You are critical to our mission
As we see headlines about witches casting spells against our President, George Soros-funded protesters and malcontents trying to bring our country down, fake news, and so on, it becomes increasingly difficult to discern the truth from fiction in the news overload we experience each day. The Daily Jot began 15 years ago to equip and encourage people to evangelize. It's a different kind of evangelization-one of telling the truth of current events from a biblical perspective. For example, 2016 saw The Daily Jot become a "go to" source for factual and truthful news that readers could use to make informed decisions about the elections. Men and women of faith relied on the Jot to report the truth from a biblical foundation.
Typical of this coverage were dozens of comments from readers such as:
"We foolishly accepted what was told on TV until we accidentally came across your page. You made more sense than anything we were hearing. Plus, you were saying things nobody else was talking about. We had been looking for truth in media with a pure heart, we have found it."-SR
"Your wisdom in this column helped me convince other Christians to vote Biblical standards."-RR
The Daily Jot also has been recognized on radio and social media as a major influencer in the election cycle. This could not have happened without your generosity. In Ghana, West Africa, your partnership with The Daily Jot is also impacting hundreds of lives on behalf of Christ. . .
As is written in James 1:25, "But whoso looks into the perfect law of liberty, and continues therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed indeed." It is a blessing to be able to provide current events from the perspective of God's word and food, clothing and water to those in need as we continue in the perfect law of liberty.
The Daily Jot is totally reader supported. We do not take a salary or receive any remuneration for this work. Your gifts go directly to assisting us in maintaining this column, the website, outreach, and the Lord's work we do in Ghana, West Africa. One of my least favorite tasks is to remind folks of our need for ongoing funding. But we do need your prayers and financial assistance. If you would be so kind to join us with a tax-exempt donation, you can do so securely online by clicking Donate Securely Online Here.
Or you may send a donation in the mail to:
The Daily Jot
5257 Buckeystown Pike, #314
Frederick, Md. 21704
Your generosity makes it possible for thousands around the world to receive water, food, clothing, and the way, the truth and the life through Jesus. May we, as the Apostle Paul so prayed, continue to open our mouths "boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel."
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Remarks by President Trump, and others . . .
Please note: all of the following articles were published by CNSNews.com.
Also, please be sure to view President Trump's amazing speech, delivered on Friday at CPAC, by going here.
1. Trump: Media "Shouldn't Be Allowed to Use 'Sources' Unless They Use Somebody's Name"
"Let there be no more 'sources'" cited in news stories, because fake news media "just make them up when they have none," Pres. Trump declared on Friday.
"Let them say it to my face," Trump challenged as he called on media to stop making up stories based on nonexistent confidential "sources" on Friday in an address to the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) in Washington, D.C. (Read more)
2. Trump at CPAC: 'We're Getting Bad People Out of This Country'
President Donald Trump told attendees at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) in National Harbor, Md., that "as we speak," immigration officers are throwing criminal aliens, including drug dealers and gang members, out of the country, and they will not be allowed to come back.
"As we speak today, immigration officers are finding the gang members, the drug dealers, and the criminal aliens and throwing them the hell out of our country, and we will not let them back in. They're not coming back in, folks. If they do, they're gonna have bigger problems than they ever dreamt of," Trump said.
"We've taken swift and strong action to secure the southern border of the United States and to begin the construction of a great, great border wall," the president said. Construction on the will will begin "soon - way ahead of schedule," he said.
3. Pence to Conservatives: 'Time to Prove Again That Our Answers Are the Right Answers for America'
Addressing the Conservative Political Action Conference for the ninth time Thursday night, Vice President Mike Pence praised the conservative A-team that President Donald Trump has assembled, and he told conservatives to seize the moment:
"With this team, we as conservatives have an opportunity that only comes around every few generations, or maybe just once in a lifetime. And my friends, this is our time.
"This is the chance we've worked so hard for so long to see. This is a time to prove again that our answers are the right answers for America -- a strong military, more jobs, less taxes, respect for the Constitution and the values that have made America great, and a deep and abiding faith in the goodness of the American people. (Read more)
4. Pence says "America's Obamacare nightmare is about to end."
"You know, despite the best efforts of liberal activists at town halls around the country, the American people know better. Obamacare has failed, and Obamacare must go. This failed law is crippling the American economy and crushing the American people. Talk about your fake news, folks. Just look at all the promises liberals made about Obamacare."
Pence said under President Trump's leadership, "Obamacare is going to be replaced with something that actually works, something that's built on freedom and individual responsibility. President Trump and I want every American to have access to quality and affordable health insurance, which is why we're designing a better law that lowers the cost of health insurance without growing the size of government.
We're going to let Americans purchase health insurance across state lines, the way you buy your life insurance, the way you buy your car insurance. We're going to make sure that Americans with pre- existing conditions have access to health insurance and the security they need. And we're going to give states the freedom and flexibility to take care of the least fortunate in the best way that will work in their state and in their community. (Read more)
5. Priebus 'Hoping' Media Coverage Will Change; Bannon: 'It's Going to Get Worse Every Day'
Both White House Chief of Staff Reince Priebus and Chief Strategist Steve Bannon described the liberal, mainstream media as the "opposition party" at the Conservative Political Action Conference on Thursday.
And while Priebus said he is "hoping" the media will change its biased coverage of Trump, Bannon warned it will never happen:
"The reason Reince and I are good partners is that we can disagree," Bannon said. It's not only not going to get better. It's going to get worse every day."
Bannon said the "corporatist, globalist media" are "adamantly opposed" to Trump's "economic nationalist agenda."(Read more)
6. Bannon Hails 'Deconstruction of the Administrative State'
Appearing at the Conservative Political Action Conference on Thursday, White House Chief of Staff Reince Priebus and Chief Strategist Stephen Bannon were asked to name a few of the "most critical" things that have happened in the first month of the Trump presidency.
Priebus pointed to the nomination of Neil Gorsuch to the Supreme Court; deregulation; and Trump's executive orders on immigration.
Bannon, speaking generally, mentioned national security, economic nationalism, and "deconstruction of the administrative state," a phrase that made headlines. (Read more)
7. Bannon: President Trump is "maniacally focused' on fulfilling his campaign promises
Bannon said President Trump is "maniacally focused' on fulfilling the promises he made during the campaign, even if the "mainstream media" won't report that:
"Just like they were dead wrong on the chaos of the campaign; and just like they were dead wrong in the chaos of the transition, they are absolutely dead wrong about what's going on today because we have a team that's just grinding it through on what President Donald Trump promised the American people.
"And the mainstream media better understand something, all of those promises are going to be implemented." (Read more)
8. NRA CEO at CPAC: 'Shameful,' 'Leftist' Media Want to Destroy Our Freedom
National Rifle Association CEO and Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre criticized the mainstream media at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) in Washington, D.C. on Friday, declaring that their "deliberate lies" are "aimed at destroying our freedom."
"The leftist media is responsible for blowing the winds of violence," LaPierre said. "It's bad enough when CNN openly fantasizes about what happens if the president-elect is assassinated before he takes the oath of office on Inauguration Day."
"And it's bad enough that the London Times journalist can fret that quote 'the assassination is taking such a long time,''" he continued. "It's shameful, and it's wrong." (Read more)
9. Farage at CPAC: Brexit, Trump Movements are 'For Our Communities,' Not 'Against' Any Religion or Ethnicity
Speaking at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) in Washington, D.C. on Friday, former United Kingdom Independence Party (UKIP) leader Nigel Farage declared the movements that propelled Brexit and Donald Trump to victory in 2016 were not "against anybody," but were "for our communities."
Mainstream media narratives surrounding the passage of Brexit and President Trump's election victory have depicted both as featuring racist and hateful elements, an idea Farage rejects.
"We've got to be clear," Farage said, "we're not against anybody based on religion or ethnicity. . . . We're not against anybody, but we're for ourselves," he continued. "We're for our country, we're for our communities. We're for making our people safe and with less risk from global terror. That is what we're for," he concluded, "and we are winning." (Read more)
Our Weekly Bible Study
Our Weekly Bible Study:
Week of Sunday, Feb. 26 - Saturday, March 4th
> > > To read the "One Year Bible" weekly letter, go here.
> > > To read the Shabbat Torah readings, go here.
More Daily Features
The Persecuted Church
"Remember the prisoners, as though in prison with them, and those who are ill-treated, since you yourselves also are in the body." (Hebrews 13:3)
Please visit the website for International Christian Concern to lift up prayers for the persecuted around the world, every day. Their link is: www.persecution.org -- or go here to connect. Thank you for interceding for our brothers and sisters who are suffering in Asia, the Islamic World, and the Far East.
"He's calling you!" (Mark 10:49)
Softly and tenderly Jesus is calling,
Calling for you and for me;
See, on the portals He's waiting and watching,
Watching for you and for me.
Come home, come home,
You who are weary, come home;
Earnestly, tenderly, Jesus is calling,
Calling, O sinner, come home!
Why should we tarry when Jesus is pleading,
Pleading for you and for me?
Why should we linger and heed not His mercies,
Mercies for you and for me?
Time is now fleeting, the moments are passing,
Passing from you and from me;
Shadows are gathering, deathbeds are coming,
Coming for you and for me.
O for the wonderful love He has promised,
Promised for you and for me!
Though we have sinned, He has mercy and pardon,
Pardon for you and for me.
Please go here.
[A lovely way to begin a new week . . . in Him!]
About the Author:
Words and Music: Will L. Thompson, 1880
This hymn was sung in the Academy Award winning movie Trip to Bountiful (1985), and at a memorial service for American civil rights leader Martin Luther King, at the Ebenezer Baptist Church, Atlanta, Georgia, April 8, 1968.
About the hymn:
When the world-renowned lay preacher, Dwight Lyman Moody, lay on his death bed in his Northfield, Massachusetts, home, Will Thompson made a special visit to inquire as to his condition. The attending physician refused to admit him to the sickroom, and Moody heard them talking just outside the bedroom door. Recognizing Thompson's voice, he called for him to come to his bedside. Taking the Ohio poet-composer by the hand, the dying evangelist said, "Will, I would rather have written "Softly and Tenderly Jesus is Calling" than anything I have been able to do in my whole life."
Signs and Wonders
Aurora Rocket Launch
On Feb. 22nd, shortly after midnight, bright green auroras erupted over Alaska's Poker Flat Research Range. Researchers from Dartmouth College promptly launched a rocket into the glowing maelstrom. Photographer Marketa Murray of Fairbanks captured the event in a perfectly-timed self-portrait.
"We tuned into the Poker Flat Research Range radio for a heads-up that the rocket was about to launch," explains Murray. "The picture shows both stages of the Black Brant IX sounding rocket burning for the ionosphere."
The goal of the mission, named ISINGLASS (Ionospheric Structuring: In Situ and Groundbased Low Altitude Studies) is to decipher the mysterious shapes of the aurora borealis. Some auroras look like flames, others like swirls, ripples or curtains. The rocket was designed to scatter an array of sensors into the auroral zone, mapping the particles and fields underlying these forms.
"Auroras are the last step of a chain of processes connecting the solar wind to the atmosphere," says Dr. Kristina Lynch of Dartmouth, the mission's principal investigator. "We are seeking to understand what structure in these visible signatures can tell us about the electrodynamics of processes higher up." "It was a beautiful launch with an extensive set of collaborative ground based data, and will make a great study," she says. (Spaceweather.com) Read more and view these photos here.)
"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea." (Luke 21:25)
The Good News Corner
Nationwide Prayer and Fasting in This Country for the Healing of Their President
(Nigeria) - [CBN News] Tens of thousands of Christians are on their knees praying for the swift recovery of President Muhammadu Buhari.
Buhari has been receiving medical treatment in the U.K. to address unspecified health issues. Meanwhile, thousands from The Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) have begun a seven-day fast to pray for a miraculous healing. Countless families are piling into several churches to intercede on President Buhari's behalf.
''We are praying for our president's quick recovery because of the good works he had begun for the country,'' said Rev. Nelson Onyeka Chukwu, chairman of CAN. (Breaking Christian News/CBN) Read more.
WE will Not Be Shaken - Brian Johnson
Worship Him together . . . here . . .
The Bible Readathon
Our Bible Readathon Continues
"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." (Psalm 119:105)
We are now reading the Word of God every night from midnight to 6:00 a.m. EST. We are reading through the whole Word, from Genesis to Revelation, and beginning again in Genesis when finished.
Our numbers of readers continues to grow over time. All are welcome to join!
The access code is: 350430#. Please call at any time from midnight to 6:00 a.m. EST. WELCOME!
[Note: we are reading from these versions of the Scripture: King James, New King James, New American Standard, and NIV.]
About Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
About Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
To learn more about our ministry, and to sign up to begin receiving our daily alerts, please go here.