CHPP Daily Brief: "Praying for All in Authority" Monday, February 6, 2017
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
"Praying for All in Authority"
Monday, February 6, 2017
"Standing Together as One . . . Under the Cross of Christ"
"Then I will restore your judges as at the first, And your counselors as at the beginning; After that you will be called the city of righteousness, A faithful city." (Isaiah 1:26)
"Pray . . . for all . . . in authority . . . "
The First 100 Days
Prayer Resources for The First 100 Days
Tools to Assist in Offering Prayers for President Trump
and his Administration during these First 100 Days
1. 24/7 Prayer Line
Sponsored by the 24/7 National Strategic Prayer Network, you can call this number anytime, day or night, and join other prayer warriors across the nation to pray for the new administration.
The Conference Number is: 712-770-4340
The Access Code is: 543555#
Please dial #6 to mute your phone.
All are welcome to join!
PrayerSurgeNow hosts a weekly call every Saturday morning, beginning at 7:30 a.m. EST. Topics are geared to time-sensitive events happening in our country, and anointed speakers are invited to host each call, bringing insight to intercessors across the nation.
PrayerSurgeNow also hosts other calls throughout the week, as the need arises.
In order to keep pace with their news, please visit their blog at: www.prayersurgenow.blogspot.com, or by going here.
PSN's Conference number is: 712-432-0075
Access Code is: 6149782#
3. Daily Devotions - Sponsored by the AsOne network.
A prayer topic, intercession and Scriptural decrees are posted daily during these First 100 Days. Please go here to find today's devotion.
4. This Week's Prayer for the First One Hundred Days
"Life and death are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruit." (Proverbs 18:21; HCSB)
Ask God to position His servants in media and empower them to faithfully walk in integrity and humility. Pray they will be filled with knowledge, wisdom and understanding that comes from God. Pray they will not use their words carelessly but their tongues will bring forth life (Proverbs 11; 18:21; Romans 10:14, 15).
Pray that deception, ungodly philosophies, and Muslim influence in our media will be exposed and not allowed to infiltrate and infect the church. Decree and declare that the light of Truth will dispel the darkness (Luke 8:17).
Thank God for placing His Spirit upon the leaders He has placed in the media and His Word on their tongue (2 Samuel 23:2-4)
Ask, believing that God-called media leaders will be bold, fearless, and unafraid to expose the truth about the Council on American-Islamic Relations, Muslim terrorism, and jihadist threats to our government. Pray they will be willing to refute every evil word spoken against Jesus followers and will be unashamed of the gospel (Jeremiah 1:10; Isaiah 54:17; Romans 1:16).
Pray that God will strategically position heralds of peace, who will bring good news and proclaim salvation to the nations (Isaiah 52:7).
Wait before the Lord for further direction from the Holy Spirit and remember to thank God for hearing and answering our prayers.
"This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us-whatever we ask-we know that we have what we asked of him" (1 John 5:14, 15).
(Source: PrayAsOne) Go here.
5. New! PRAYERS FOR THE PRESIDENT
The First 100 Days and Beyond
A Collection of Prayers by the People:
An Inaugural Gift for President Donald J. Trump
To read this guide to prayer, written by 100 intercessors for each of the President's First 100 Days, please go here.
6. White House Press Briefings
To view each day's press conference,go here.
The videos of these press briefings appear below the video of Inauguration itself.
Focus on Israel
1. Watch: Anarchists in Hevron harm both Jews and Arabs - Israel National News
Noam Arnon, the spokesperson for the Jewish Community of Hevron, met with Sheikh Farid al-Jabari of the Southern Hevron Hills to discuss Jewish-Arab relations, the Palestinian Authority, anarchist activists and the hope for peace.
Sheikh al-Jabari said: "The Palestinian Authority does not have the right to sign any agreements, because whatever it signs is temporary since it does not have any legitimate claim. It isn't the property of Palestinians." (Read more)
2. Trump warns Israel: Stop announcing new settlements - Jerusalem Post
WASHINGTON - The White House warned Israel on Thursday to cease settlement announcements that are "unilateral" and "undermining" of President Donald Trump's effort to forge Middle East peace, a senior administration official told The Jerusalem Post.
For the first time, the administration confirmed that Trump is committed to a comprehensive two-state solution to the Israeli- Palestinian conflict negotiated between the parties. (Read more)
3. Trump Changes US Policy on Settlements, But Will Netanyahu Pick Up the Ball? - Jewish Press
For the first time in many years, the White House on Thursday released a statement regarding Jewish settlements in Judea and Samaria without the adjectives "illegal" or "illegitimate" next to the word "settlements."
While not 100 percent perfect - a policy of benign neglect would be best - it is clearly a complete turnaround from previous administration positions, particularly former-President Obama's "not one brick anywhere" policy, including Jerusalem. (Read more here) Note: Includes the statement by the Press Secretary
4. Israel hits back at US: Settlement expansion is not part of the problem - Business Insider
Responding to a US reprimand on a recent rash of settlement construction, Deputy Foreign Minister Tzipi Hotovely on Friday insisted that the Palestinians - not Israeli policy - was responsible for stalled talks, and highlighted the White House's stated stance that expansion in these communities was "not an obstacle to peace."
"The current Israeli government was elected to act on the Jewish People's right to build in all parts of our land and we must respect the will of the people who elected us for this purpose," Hotovely said in a statement. (Read more)
5. High-ranking Turkish delegation to visit Israel - Israel National News
A high-ranking Turkish delegation will arrive in Israel on Sunday, for the first time since a reconciliation deal between the two countries was signed last June, Kol Yisrael radio reports.
According to the report, the delegation will hold meetings with senior representatives from the Ministry of Energy, as well as with representatives of the Delek and Noble Energy companies.
The delegation will be headed by the Director-General of the Turkish Energy Ministry and the sides will continue the discussions on a gas pipeline between Turkey and Israel.
The delegation also will visit Gaza and examine ways to ease the power shortage there, according to Kol Yisrael. (Read more)
6. Netanyahu heads to UK seeking a 'united front' against Iran - Times of Israel
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu headed to London Sunday afternoon for his first meeting with his British counterpart, Theresa May, in what he described as a bid to create a united Israel-US-UK front against Iran.
"I intend to emphasize the need for a common front against Iran's defiant aggression, which has raised its head in recent days," Netanyahu said about his trip at Sunday's weekly cabinet meeting in Jerusalem. "This must be done on an ongoing basis, but especially in light of Iran's defiance against the international order."
In London, Netanyahu will also meet with UK Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson. "I will discuss with them how to deepen bilateral diplomatic, security, economic and technological ties, including cooperation in the field of cyber," the prime minister said. (Read more)
7. Report: Obama allowed Iran missiles that could hit Israel - WND
Just as Iran announced the testing of a ballistic missile and the Trump administration reviewed plans for new sanctions, the rogue Islamic regime claimed that in nuclear negotiations, President Obama allowed Iran to have missiles that could strike Israel, reports Joseph Farah's G2 Bulletin.
In statements, Iran's Revolutionary Guard Corps "hinted that restrictions on the range of Iranian missiles so that they reach Israel but not Europe were part of the Iran deal," reported the Middle East Media Research Institute.
MEMRI said that according to Iranian officials, the Obama administration gave unwritten consent in the nuclear talks and in the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action negotiations for Iran to develop ballistic missiles with a range of only 2,000 kilometers, or 1,200 miles, which means they could strike Israel but not Europe. The agreement purports to prevent Iran from obtaining nuclear weapons, restricting its research and development capabilities. However, critics say it gives Iran the capability of building nuclear weapons once the deal expires. (Read more)
The Daily Brief
Every prayer below is presented to our Lord in the Name of Jesus Christ, amen.
1. Rosa Brooks, Obama Pentagon official, says anti-Trump military coup possible - Washington Times
A former Defense Department official under the Obama administration has raised the specter of a military coup to remove President Donald Trump from power.
In an editorial penned for Foreign Policy, senior Pentagon policy official Rosa Brooks publicly suggested a military insurrection against the Trump administration may be the only option to oust one of the most divisive presidents in American history.
"Donald Trump's first week as president has made it all too clear: Yes, he is as crazy as everyone feared," Ms. Brooks wrote. "[One] possibility is one that until recently I would have said was unthinkable in the United States of America: a military coup, or at least a refusal by military leaders to obey certain orders." (Read more)
- Almighty God, this appears to be a well planned effort by the shadow government and their emissaries of lawlessness to do these evil acts to our nation. So Lord God in heaven, we pray You set up godly roadblocks around everyone who would attempt to implement these heinous plans. Defeat their every action so they get stuck in quicksand and will be unable to move forward. Stand against all of them, Lord God, that none can take another step. In the Holy Name of Jesus we pray, the Name above all names, amen.
- "As a whirlwind passes, so is the wicked no more: but the righteous is an everlasting foundation." (Proverbs 10:25)
2. Resistance from within: Federal workers push back against Trump - Washington Post
The signs of popular dissent from President Trump's opening volley of actions have been plain to see on the nation's streets, at airports in the aftermath of his refugee and visa ban, and in the blizzard of outrage on social media.
But there's another level of resistance to the new president that is less visible and potentially more troublesome to the administration: a growing wave of opposition from the federal workers charged with implementing any new president's agenda.
Less than two weeks into Trump's administration, federal workers are in regular consultation with recently departed Obama-era political appointees about what they can do to push back against the new president's initiatives. Some federal employees have set up social media accounts to anonymously leak word of changes that Trump appointees are trying to make.
And a few government workers are pushing back more openly, incurring the wrath of a White House that, as press secretary Sean Spicer said this week about dissenters at the State Department, sends a clear message that they "should either get with the program, or they can go."
At a church in Columbia Heights last weekend, dozens of federal workers attended a support group for civil servants seeking a forum to discuss their opposition to the Trump administration. And 180 federal employees have signed up for a workshop next weekend, where experts will offer advice on workers' rights and how they can express civil disobedience. . . (Read more)
- Almighty God, the past administration is behind us and has ended. It is closed forever. So Father in heaven, we seek Your face to annul and bring under the Blood of Jesus all the underground insidious Federal workers who have looked back to join the past evil forces and bone-chilling haters of our President Trump and are creating a hellfire under him. God in heaven, we call on Your Name, Your Power, and Your Authority to stretch forth Your Hand and destroy the enemy's camp and annihilate every effort they make to bring down President Trump. Dispatch myriads of heavenly angels to surround the enemy and totally wipe them out. We trust Almighty God to fight for our nation and our people and our future and destroy the cancerous evil that we have lived under for the last few years. In the Holy Name of Jesus we pray.
- "Hear, O earth: behold I will bring evil upon this people, even the fruit of their thoughts, because they have not hearkened unto My Words, nor to My law, but rejected it, says the Lord." (Jeremiah 6:19)
3. Appeals court rejects Trump administration's request to restore travel ban - The Hill
A federal appeals court early Sunday rejected the Department of Justice's (DOJ) request to restore President Trump's travel ban on immigrants from seven predominantly Muslim countries.
The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit in San Francisco denied the DOJ's request an emergency stay, pending full consideration of the motion. (Read more)
- Almighty God, President Donald Trump needs Your help. Lord, this man is being attacked by people that are supposed to be working with the president to restore America. Every good thing that he proposes brings a rejection. Our last president broke rules, didn't follow the Constitution of our country, gave huge amounts of our money to our enemies without approval from Congress, and carried out other actions to break and destroy our nation. We pray repentance for our nation and thank You for being our King of Kings and Lord or Lords. Send Your angel armies to help Mr. Trump defeat all that are against him. As Christians, we believe that he is lead by Your Holy Spirit. Our eyes are on You and we will not look to the left nor to the right. In Your precious and holy name we ask these things. Amen.
- "Hear, Israel: You are now about to cross the Jordan to go in and dispossess nations greater and stronger than you, with large cities that have walls up to the sky." (Deuteronomy 9:1)
"From six calamities he will rescue you; in seven no harm will touch you. In famine he will deliver you from death, and in battle from the stroke of the sword. You will be protected from the lash of the tongue and need not fear when destruction comes." (Job 5:19-21)
4. Enemy to get 'named' under Trump's DHS - WND
President Obama's refusal to associate Islam with the prime terror threat the Western world faces manifest itself in his Department of Homeland Security's program called Countering Violent Extremism. The euphemistic name underscored the administration's premise that white supremacists and other fringe movements are just as much a threat to the nation's security as people who carry out violent attacks in America and around the world in the name of Allah. Now, according to five sources briefed on the matter who spoke to Reuters, the Trump administration is about to make good on its promise to "name the enemy" with a plan to change the name of the program to "Countering Islamic Extremism" or "Countering Radical Islamic Extremism."
Philip Haney, a former DHS subject-matter expert on Islam, also has first-hand knowledge of the "purge" carried out by his agency. Material he entered into the DHS main database of intelligence was stripped of references deemed offensive to Muslims and in some cases completely eliminated.
"Donald Trump is giving the American public permission to name the threat that we face without fear of suffering adverse consequences," Haney told WND in response to the Reuters report. "Now if we see something, we are authorized to actually say something." (Read more)
- We offer a great chorus of PRAISE unto the Lord at news of this action now being taken by the DHS under the leadership of President Trump! Lord God, no longer are we, Your people, to be named as the "terrorists" who threaten our homeland, but it is the radical Islamic Jihadists who will be cited . . . and monitored. Praise You, Lord Jesus, for this tremendous and foundational SHIFT in governmental policy, that we might be able to flourish in our country, unhindered, as we continue to release the Gospel to the nations. In Your name, amen.
- "These are the things you are to do: Speak the truth to each other, and render true and sound judgment in your courts . . ." (Zech. 8:16)
5. Trump Warns Israel: Stop Announcing New Settlements - Jerusalem Post
WASHINGTON - The White House warned Israel on Thursday - in a surprising statement - to cease settlement announcements that are "unilateral" and "undermining" of President Donald Trump's effort to forge Middle East peace, a senior administration official told The Jerusalem Post.
For the first time, the administration confirmed that Trump is committed to a comprehensive two-state solution to the Israeli- Palestinian conflict negotiated between the parties. The official told the Post that the White House was not consulted on Israel's unprecedented announcement of 5,500 new settlement housing units over the course of his first two weeks in office.
"As President Trump has made clear, he is very interested in reaching a deal that would end the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and is currently exploring the best means of making progress toward that goal," the official said. (Read more)
- Lord God, put Your hands on President Trump and Prime Minister Netanyahu so that all these twists and turns do not form a breach between them. Send the message to all the world that the land of Israel was given to the Jewish people by God in heaven as their homeland of safety from all the nations who wanted to destroy them. PM Netanyahu is responsible to provide housing for the Jewish people to live in. The Palestinians have 23 nations surrounding Israel in which they can live. Two states inside the borders of Israel represents the evil plan to give the Jewish people a very small portion of the Land in which to live. Father in heaven, we ask that You send the host of angels from heaven to fight opposition from enemy forces within the State of Israel. In the Name of Jesus we pray.
- "Behold, I have set the Land before you: go in and possess the Land which the Lord swear unto your fathers, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, to give unto them and to their children after them." (Deuteronomy 1:8)
6. Top Iran officer: If enemies do wrong, missiles will come down on them - Times of Israel
Iran's missiles will come down on the country's enemies if they do wrong, a senior commander in Iran's elite Revolutionary Guard was quoted as saying in a Saturday report from semi-official Tasnim news agency.
Gen. Amir Ali Hajizadeh, chief of the Guard's airspace division, said: "If the enemy does not walk the line, our missiles come down on them." Hajizadeh's comments came during a Revolutionary Guard military exercise aimed at testing its missile and radar systems. The exercise was taking place in a 35,000-square-kilometer (13,515-square-mile) area in Semnan province in northern Iran.
The exercise comes a day after US President Donald Trump's administration imposed sanctions on Iran in response to a recent missile test. The sanctions target more than two dozen people and companies from the Persian Gulf to China. (Read more)
- Lord God, the issue here is not retaliation against the enemies of Iran. The real issue is this: Is Iran an enemy of Almighty God in heaven. Wickedness is an enemy in Iran and God hates wickedness. Rather, He admonishes mankind to live in peace with their neighbors. Those who go against God's purposes will suffer God's righteous indignation on their nation. Lord, we pray You intervene and flatten Iran's missile power and render them useless. In Jesus' holy Name we pray.
- "And Moses said unto Aaron, Take a censer, and put fire therein from off the altar, and put on incense, and go quickly unto the congregation, and make an atonement for them: for there is wrath gone out from the Lord; the plague is begun . . ." (Numbers 16:46)
7. Mattis: US will defend Japanese islands claimed by China - CNN
US Defense Secretary James Mattis on Saturday reaffirmed Washington's commitment to defending Japan, including a group of disputed islands which have been claimed by China.
"I made clear that our long-standing policy on the Senkaku Islands stands -- the US will continue to recognize Japanese administration of the islands and as such Article 5 of the US-Japan Security Treaty applies," Mattis said in a press conference with Japanese Defense Minister Tomomi Inada.
Article 5 of that treaty says the US will defend territories under Japanese administration, which would include the Senkakus, an uninhabited group of islands in the East China Sea called the Diaoyus by China.
Tensions have flashed numerous times in recent years over the islands, including face-offs between Japanese and Chinese air and naval forces that have been termed dangerous by both sides. (Read more)
- Lord God, we pray Your divine favor and wisdom to rest upon U.S. Defense Secretary Mattis regarding the Senkakus group of islands. Remove any stronghold the Chinese claim on these islands. Dismantle their attempts to start a war. Break the powers of darkness that would challenge control over territories under Japanese administration. Overcome the Chinese by the ultimate power of the Blood of Jesus Christ and by the matchless Name of Jesus we pray.
- "Obey My voice, and I will be your God, and you shall be my people: and walk in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well unto you." (Jeremiah 7:23)
8. President Trump: America 'must never, ever' stop asking God for wisdom - LifeSite News
At Thursday morning's National Prayer Breakfast, President Trump said the whole world has a duty to stop the "genocide" of Christians in the Middle East. He blasted the terrorism that religious minorities face in some parts of the world, said we "must never, ever" stop asking God for wisdom, and declared that America will flourish "when religious liberty can flourish."
"Freedom of religion is a sacred right," President Trump said. He promised his administration "will do everything in its power to defend and protect religious liberty in our land" and around the world. "We will be a country . . . where all citizens can practice their beliefs without fear of hostility or fear of violence," said Trump. "America will succeed as long as our most vulnerable citizens . . . have a path to success . . . God will always give us solace and strength and comfort."
Trump thanked the American people for their prayers, which "have sustained me and inspired me." Trump said the "five words that never, ever fail to touch my heart" are "I am praying for you." "I hear it so often," he said.
Trump rejoiced that "one nation under God" is part of the Pledge of Allegiance. He called the reference to God "a great thing because that's what we are and that is what we will always be and that is what our people want."(Read more)
- Father, we come with praise and thanksgiving for President Trump's declarations at the recent National Prayer Breakfast. He said in part, " we must never, ever" stop asking God for wisdom, and that America will flourish when religious liberty can flourish." He gave You praise throughout his speech. Thank You for providing America with a president that will speak out to say that You are the God of our nation. He publicly recognizes that our nation pledges that we are "one nation under God." We give You our praise and glorify Your name.
Thank You for hearing the prayers of the intercessors as we continue to pray for President Trump. Give him Your wisdom, knowledge and protection as he leads our nation back to You. Amen.
- "He changes times and seasons; he deposes kings and raises up others. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning." (Daniel 2:21)
9. U.S. Army Corps Gives Eviction Notice to Dakota Access Protest Camp - NBC News
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers has given a evacuation order to those protesting at the Dakota Access Pipeline camp in Cannon Ball, North Dakota. In a statement Friday evening, the Corps said it would close the Oceti Sakowin Camp, which sits on approximately 50 acres of Corps land, on Feb. 22 due to the "high potential for flooding" in the low-lying area. The land sits at the confluence of the Missouri and Cannonball Rivers, which the Corps says puts it at particular risk of flooding after a winter of record snowfall in the region.
A senior U.S. Defense official confirmed to NBC News that members of Congress were notified today of the decision.
The decision could be the final, decisive blow for a protest movement that began at the camp in early August with just a few dozen protesters - who call themselves water protectors - from the Standing Rock Sioux tribe and blossomed into a movement captivated the nation with thousands of Native Americans and environmental activists flocking to the remote North Dakota plains to stop the $3.7 billion pipeline.
The pipeline would run within a half-mile of the Standing Rock Sioux reservation, crossing beneath the Missouri River. The tribe says it could adversely impact their drinking water and destroy sacred sites where many of their ancestors are buried. (Read more)
- Father God, the laying of this Keystone Pipeline has been a sensitive and controversial issue for some time now. Lord, we are concerned that our government needs to be sensitive to the needs of our Native American friends . . . especially when it comes to the matter of disturbing their own ancestral burial sites. We ask that You would release Your own heart for the Native peoples into the heart of President Trump, so that he will come to understand and appreciate these needs among these sovereign tribes. Lord God, we ask that You release Your own strategic key into the mind of President Trump, so that the Keystone matter can be resolved with peace on both sides, once and for all. In Your Name, amen.
- "For I the LORD love judgment, I hate robbery for burnt offering; and I will direct their work in truth, and I will make an everlasting covenant with them." (Isaiah 61:8)
10. "Unprecedented": Fukushima reactor "far worse than previously thought" - ENE News
Images indicate bigger challenge for TEPCO at Fukushima plant . . . possible melted fuel is seen strewn on grating. Experts believe nuclear fuel melted the paint and components of equipment nearby and has hardened - If confirmed, the first images of melted nuclear fuel at the Fukushima No. 1 nuclear plant show that Tokyo Electric Power Co. will have a much more difficult time decommissioning the battered facility. The condition of what is believed to be melted fuel inside the No. 2 reactor at the plant appears far worse than previously thought. . . (Read more)
See also: ""Fukushima radiation contaminates West Coast fish" - ENE News
- Father God, have mercy on the people that are in danger of the melted nuclear fuel at the Fukushima nuclear plant reactors No. 1 and No. 2. Lord, this is a very dangerous situation but You know all things. Our prayer is that the personnel tasked with evaluating the danger and putting together a solution for this clean up will be guided by Your hand for an immediate and safe result. Protect those working on this project so that they will not rely on their human knowledge. May human needs for food and water be met with the safety of Your hand and no illnesses will come upon the people. We ask these things in Your Holy name, amen.
- "Worship the Lord your God, and his blessing will be on your food and water. I will take away sickness from among you." (Exodus 23:25)
The Daily Jot
Friday, February 3, 2017
Behind the scenes at the Super Bowl
The NFL is often criticized for players who do bad things. It's all over the news when an NFL player does something wrong. What most people don't know is that the NFL has programs, services and resources available to their players to assist them in doing the right thing, in having a career after their NFL playing experience, and being role models to a society whose children need someone to look up to. In reality, if a player is fortunate enough to make it to the NFL, there is no reason in the world that he cannot be a success in life. I know. Part of what I do involves strategic character and leadership development for the NFL. The vast majority of NFL players are successful, positive contributors to society.
Behind all the glamour at the Super Bowl are meeting after meeting focusing on character development-most of which are conducted by Christian men and women who care. The NFL stresses and encourages good character and excellence. We see this in its Walter Payton Man of the Year Award to the player who exemplifies character and excellence both on and off the field. All of the 32 teams nominate a player who does outstanding work in the community and is a role model to fans-young and old, alike. The nominees each receive donations of $5,000 in their name to a charity of their choice (usually their own foundation that does great work in the community). The winner is awarded $50,000 for charity work.
Many NFL players are Christians. Super Bowl week is full of meetings and activities conducted by Christians. For example, Tony Dungy's organization, All Pro Dads presents an All Pro Dad of the Year award during Super Bowl week at its Faith, Family and Football breakfast. This year's recipient is Troy Vincent, NFL Executive Vice President of Football Operations. He played 15 years in the NFL and is the only NFL player to be awarded all four of the NFL character awards the Walter Payton Man of the Year Award, the Whizzer White NFL Man of the Year award, the Bart Starr Man of the Year Award. In addition, NFL players and their families worship the Lord in the annual Super Bowl Gospel Celebration.
This year, the Bart Starr award went to Matthew Slater of the New England Patriots. This award is presented by Athletes in Action, the sports ministry of Campus Crusade for Christ. It goes to the NFL player who best exemplifies outstanding character and in the home, on the field and in the community. Slater's father, Jackie, also won the award. Awards such as these are just indicators of how the NFL and football in general promotes leadership and character among its players and coaches. It's real easy to find offense if you are looking for it, and the news media does a good job pointing those things out. But let's not ignore the positive things that people do, including football players, who many will say that they are 1 Corinthian 10:32 men-in whatsoever they do, they "do all to the glory of God."
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Our Weekly Bible Study
Our Weekly Bible Study:
Sunday, February 5 - Saturday, February 11, 2016
> > > To read the "One Year Bible" weekly letter, go here.
> > > To read the Shabbat Torah readings, go here.
More Daily Features
The Persecuted Church
"Remember the prisoners, as though in prison with them, and those who are ill-treated, since you yourselves also are in the body." (Hebrews 13:3)
Please visit the website for International Christian Concern to lift up prayers for the persecuted around the world, every day. Their link is: www.persecution.org -- or go here to connect. Thank you for interceding for our brothers and sisters who are suffering in Asia, the Islamic World, and the Far East.
"Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father . . . So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows." (Matthew 10:29-31)
Why should I feel discouraged, why should the shadows come,
Why should my heart be lonely, and long for heaven and home,
When Jesus is my portion? My constant friend is He:
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.
I sing because I'm happy,
I sing because I'm free,
For His eye is on the sparrow,
And I know He watches me.
"Let not your heart be troubled," His tender word I hear,
And resting on His goodness, I lose my doubts and fears;
Though by the path He leadeth, but one step I may see;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.
Whenever I am tempted, whenever clouds arise,
When songs give place to sighing, when hope within me dies,
I draw the closer to Him, from care He sets me free;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.
Please go here.
About the Author:
Words: Civilla D. Martin, 1905.
Music: Charles H. Gabriel
About the hymn:
Early in the spring of 1905, my husband and I were sojourning in Elmira, New York. We contracted a deep friendship for a couple by the name of Mr. and Mrs. Doolittle-true saints of God. Mrs. Doolittle had been bedridden for nigh twenty years. Her husband was an incurable cripple who had to propel himself to and from his business in a wheel chair. Despite their afflictions, they lived happy Christian lives, bringing inspiration and comfort to all who knew them.
One day while we were visiting with the Doolittles, my husband commented on their bright hopefulness and asked them for the secret of it. Mrs. Doolittle's reply was simple: "His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me." The beauty of this simple expression of boundless faith gripped the hearts and fired the imagination of Dr. Martin and me. The hymn "His Eye Is on the Sparrow" was the outcome of that experience.
- Civilla Martin
The next day she mailed the poem to Charles Gabriel, who supplied the music. Singer Ethel Waters so loved this song that she used its name as the title for her autobiography.
Signs and Wonders
Seismic activity increase seen in Idaho and greater Yellowstone region
Over the last year, this region has only seen 19 M=3+ earthquakes. However, 7 of these have occurred in the last month, including a M=3.4 just a few hours ago. None of these quakes caused any damage and few were felt. Nonetheless, the rate of earthquakes increased by a large factor. (Read more)
"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea." (Luke 21:25)
The Good News Corner
Los Angeles Sheriff's Department:
474 Arrested, 28 Sexually Exploited Children Rescued
During Statewide Human Trafficking Operation
Hundreds of people were arrested and dozens of sexually exploited children and adult victims were rescued across California during a statewide operation to combat human trafficking, the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department announced Tuesday.
More than 30 federal, state and local law enforcement agencies and task forces, including the Los Angeles Regional Human Trafficking Task Force, participated in the third annual "Operation Reclaim and Rebuild" enforcement operation, according to a sheriff's news release.
The statewide operation took place over the three-day period between last Thursday and Saturday.
In total, 474 arrests were made, including 142 males on solicitation charges, and 36 males on suspicion of pimping, according to figures provided by the Sheriff's Department.
Additionally, 28 commercially and sexually exploited children and 27 adult victims were rescued.
"You are worthy of more. And we will work tirelessly with our partners . . . to provide you services and help you rebuild your life," Sheriff Jim McDonnell said, addressing the victims during a news conference on Tuesday.
The minors who were recovered during the operation were being cared for by various children and family services agencies across the state, according to sheriff's officials. The Coalition to Abolish Slavery and Trafficking and the Saving Innocence organization were coordinating efforts to help victims in L.A. County.
"Operation Reclaim and Rebuild focused on rescuing victims of sexual slavery and human trafficking, providing victims with much-needed services, identifying and arresting their captors, seeking successful prosecutions, and disrupting the demand for vulnerable victims by targeting their customers," the release stated.
"Police agencies and other trafficking task forces throughout our state joined in the enforcement operation to send the clear message that California law enforcement shares a unified mandate: Human trafficking must not be tolerated in our state!" (ktla) Read more here.
[Editor's comment: PRAISE THE LORD!]
"Jesus You're the Center of My Joy" - Richard Smallwood
To watch these darling children worship our Lord, go here.
The Bible Readathon
Our Bible Readathon Continues
"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." (Psalm 119:105)
We are now reading the Word of God every night from midnight to 6:00 a.m. EST. We are reading through the whole Word, from Genesis to Revelation, and beginning again in Genesis when finished.
Our numbers of readers continues to grow over time. All are welcome to join!
The access code is: 350430#. Please call at any time from midnight to 6:00 a.m. EST. WELCOME!
[Note: we are reading from these versions of the Scripture: King James, New King James, New American Standard, and NIV.]