Urgent Alert from ACLJ:
Our gift to you . . .
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
"Praying for All in Authority"
Wednesday, November 23, 2016
"Standing Together in the Kingdom of God . . .
Under the Cross of Christ"
"Happy are the people whose God is the Lord!" (Psalm 14415)
Our Bible Readathon continues:
Now reading the Word of God every night
from midnight to 6:00 a.m. EST
All are welcome to call 712-770-4340; 350430#, anytime during those six hours. WELCOME!
"Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise." (Psalm 100:4)
The Middle East in Focus
1. Fire in Dolev: Residents evacuated from their homes - Israel National News
A forest fire erupted this evening near the community of Dolev in the western Binyamin region. The fire is currently spreading in the direction of the line of houses in the uppermost neighborhood of the community.
Five firefighting teams, aided by volunteers, are working to put out the fire. Police and firefighters have instructed residents of the street closest to the fire to evacuate their houses. Police are aiding in the evacuations; so far, 20 houses have been evacuated.
Firefighters have reported that danger exists that the fire will spread to the community, and that more firefighting teams are on their way to the scene. (Read more)
- Abba, we pray for the safety of all people in the path of this fire. We ask that You help the firefighters and police to get the fire put out quickly. In the name of Yeshua, amen.
2. Israeli Navy destroys Gaza-bound ship smuggling weapons - YNET News
A Palestinian boat disguised as a fishing vessel was caught on camera by the IDF while attempting to smuggle weapons into the Gaza Strip before eventually being destroyed.
The boat was observed departing from the southern Gaza Strip and heading towards the Sinai. Several days later, the ship suspiciously reappeared with the rear of the vessel weighed down by cargo. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we thank You that the Israeli Navy caught this attempt to smuggle weapons. We ask You to bless all the members of the IDF, and put a hedge of protection around them. We pray that any future attempts to smuggle weapons would also be stopped. In the name of Yeshua, amen.
3. Israel: Iran is smuggling weapons to Hezbollah on commercial flights - Jerusalem Post
Iran is smuggling weapons and ammunition to Hezbollah through commercial flights from the Islamic Republic to Lebanon, according to intelligence information revealed by Israel's UN ambassador to the Security Council, which was cleared for publication on Tuesday.
UN Ambassador Danny Danon sent an urgent letter to the Security Council members in which he revealed the smuggling route from Iran's Revolutionary Guards to Hezbollah: "The Iranian Al-Quds Force packs weapons, ammunition and missile technology to Hezbollah in suitcases and puts them on Mahan Air flights."
Danon added that "these planes fly directly to the airport in Lebanon or Damascus and from there the weapons are transferred on the ground to Hezbollah." (Read more)
- Father God, we thank You for this revelation and ask that You make known all manners of smuggling weapons to the hands of Israel's enemies and stop it. We ask for angels to surround the borders of Israel and protect it from all plans of darkness. In the name of Yeshua, amen.
4. Iranian commander: Israel will be gone in 10 years - Israel National News
A senior Iranian military commander predicted on Monday that the Palestinian Arabs would "get rid of Israel" in the next 10 years.
Speaking to students near Tehran and quoted by the semiofficial Fars news agency, Brigadier General Mohammad Reza Naqdi said the Palestinian territories will be "freed from Israel's occupation" within a decade, expressing hope that the notions, thoughts and ideology that led to Iran's Islamic Revolution would help the Arabs get rid of Israel.
Naqdi further claimed that the Islamic Revolution helped Iran get rid of the United States over 35 years ago, rescued the country from Saddam Hussein's aggression and helped the Lebanese to get rid of the Americans as well. (Read more)
- Oh YHVH, we know that this is a lie from the pit of hell. We pray that You silence the voice of the enemy and open people's ears to Your truth. We pray for the salvation of all the Iranians and Palestinian Arabs who do not know You. We pray that You would reveal yourself to them. In the name of Yeshua, amen.
5. Report: Egypt Pressuring Aging Palestinian Authority President Abbas to Appoint Successor - Algemeiner
Egypt is pressuring 81-year-old Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas to appoint a successor, and the Arab League is pushing the Palestinians to mend their internal political rifts as quickly as possible, the Hebrew news site nrg reported on Monday.
As part of this effort, Egypt, the report said, is planning to launch an all-out Palestinian reconciliation push after Fatah's internal elections on Nov. 29, even if this undermines Abbas' standing.
According to the nrg report, Islamic Jihad representatives recently met with Egyptian officials in Cairo, and Hamas - the terrorist group that rules the Gaza Strip - is also trying to build ties with the government of Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sissi.
- Father God, we pray for Your will to be done. In the name of Yeshua, amen.
The Daily Brief
Every prayer below is presented to our Lord in the Name of Jesus Christ, amen.
1. Trump may not be able to work in the Oval Office for over a year - New York Post
President Obama is apparently refusing to renovate the Oval Office - and has instead decided to pass the buck to Donald Trump, who may be forced to work somewhere else for a quarter of his term as a result of the numerous security upgrades that will be going on inside the room.
"My understanding is that for the first year of his time in office, President Trump will not have the Oval Office," former George W. Bush adviser Karl Rove told Fox News on Wednesday. "President Obama could have told the Secret Service, 'I know you want to modernize the Oval Office with security enhancements - literally strip it down to the bare walls and build it back up so we've got bulletproof glass and so forth and so on, security arrangements in it, in my last year in office,' but instead he said, 'Why don't you do that [with] whoever comes next.'"
According to Rove, Trump may have to spend up to a quarter of his term working out of the Eisenhower Executive Office Building across the street from the presidential seat of power - which is where President Richard Nixon recorded some his infamous White House tapes. "My understanding is, [Trump] will spend most of his first year using Richard Nixon's old office in the Old Executive Office Building across Executive Drive and up the Navy steps," Rove said. (Read more)
- Father, we thank You that the Oval Office will undergo a major upgrade in its security details. We ask for a smooth transition as our new president occupies his new quarters in the Eisenhower Executive Office Building. We ask for a thorough cleansing of the Oval Office, in Your name, amen.
- "Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven." (Matthew 18:19)
2. Carson says Trump has offered him HUD secretary, other Cabinet posts - Fox News
Former Republican presidential candidate Dr. Ben Carson is close to accepting the position of secretary of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) in President-elect Donald Trump's cabinet, a GOP source with knowledge of the offer told Fox News late Tuesday. The source said Carson would consider Trump's offer over the Thanksgiving holiday before making a final decision.
On Tuesday, Carson told Fox News' "Your World with Neil Cavuto" that the HUD position was "one of the offers [from Trump] that is on the table. Our inner cities are in terrible shape," Carson said. "And they definitely need some real attention. There have been so many promises made over the last several decades and nothing has been done, so it certainly is something that has been a long-term interest of mine." (Read more)
- Father, we thank You that Dr. Ben Carson may be offered this position. We ask Your wisdom as this decision is being made, in Your name, amen.
- " But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him." (James 1:5)
3. Trump's energy plans look to roll back Obama's climate moves - Fox News
President Obama's eight-year effort to rein in the energy and mining industries with environmental regulations will likely come to a halt under President-elect Donald Trump, who is poised to green-light key job-creating projects from the Atlantic Coast to Alaska.
With the election of Donald Trump -- and a transition team that includes GOP energy lobbyist Mike McKenna and outspoken climate change skeptic Myron Ebell -- both sides now see their fortunes reversing amid Trump's promise to rescind Obama's signature Clean Power Plan and jump-start oil, and natural gas projects. (Read more)
- Lord, in this time of major change, we lift up all who will be taking new positions in the workforce, asking Your guidance to be with them. We lift up, too, all who will be seeking new employment, thanking You for the plans You will have for them, too. In Your name, amen.
- "For I know the plans that I [a]have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope." (Jeremiah 29:11)
4. U.S. Stocks Hit Highs as Oil Jumps - Bloomberg
American stocks achieved the new milestone as companies ended a five-quarter profit slump and Donald Trump's election fueled optimism that his plans to cut taxes and boost fiscal spending will benefit industries more geared toward economic growth. Acknowledging the strength in the economy, Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen said Thursday that the central bank is close to lifting interest rates.
"There's optimism that it's more likely that Trump is going to put us on an economic fast track versus Clinton," said Terry Morris, manager director of equities at BB&T Institutional Investment Advisors in Wyomissing, Pennsylvania. "The election had something to do with this, and I also think there's some short covering going on. People that were hedging the election had to rush to cover after the news, and I think generally the perception is the economy is starting to pick up as the Fed is likely to raise rates in December." (Read more)
- Father, in this new day, let us always give praises to You, Holy One, for all we have comes from Your Hand. Thank You, Father, for these strong indicators, already foretelling an economic recovery under this new administration.
- "And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:19)
5. What Donald Trump's Victory Means For The New World Order - Huffington Post
A lot has been said about Trump and what the victory means and indicates not only for America and its people, but the world and the global order itself. Even though certain traction of discourse in the US continues to debate whether the United States still needs to be the policeman of the world, a thought process that gained a lot of momentum after the failures in the second Iraqi invasion, President-elect Trump's vision could be drastically different and challenge the foundations of America's outlook towards the world that we all have become used to. (Read more)
- Father, we thank You that You hold the future in Your hands. Thank You for always staying by our sides as we walk into a new, uncharted future. In Your name, amen.
- "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." (Deuteronomy 31:6)
6. Man arrested for plotting terror attack on Times Square - Fox News
A Brooklyn man has been arrested for plotting a terror attack on Times Square and trying to join ISIS at least five times, according to a complaint unsealed Monday.
Mohamed Rafik Naji, 37, is charged with traveling to Turkey and Yemen between March and September of last year in an effort to join the terror group, court papers filed in Brooklyn federal court say.
But in emails exchanged with his girlfriend back in the US, the Yemen-born man disclosed he faced problems crossing into ISIS-controlled areas. (Read more)
- Lord God, we thank You that this man was apprehended before he could carry out this plot. We pray for his soul, and for his salvation, in Your name, amen.
- "Take counsel together, but it will come to nothing; Speak the word, but it will not stand, For God is with us." (Isaiah 8:10)
7. State Department warns about possible attacks in Europe during holiday season - Reuters
The State Department on Monday issued an alert to U.S. citizens about a heightened risk of terrorist attacks throughout Europe, particularly during the holiday season.
"U.S. citizens should exercise caution at holiday festivals, events, and outdoor markets," it said in a statement, adding that there was credible information that Islamic State, al Qaeda and their affiliates continued to plan attacks in Europe.
The department noted extremists had carried out attacks in Belgium, France, Germany and Turkey in the past year, and said it remains concerned about the potential for attacks throughout Europe. (Read more)
- Lord God, we thank You for Your safekeeping over all who will travel this holiday season. We cry out to You for help, O Lord, in Your name, amen.
- "Hear my voice, O God, in my meditation; Preserve my life from fear of the enemy. Hide me from the secret plots of the wicked . . ." (Psalm 64:1,2)
8. France says Foiled Terror Attack - Voice of America
France said it had foiled a militant plot and arrested seven people in the southern port city of Marseille and the eastern city of Strasbourg.
Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve said the seven people of French, Moroccan and Afghan origin, aged 29 to 37, had been detained on Sunday.
Two were arrested in Marseille. Most of the others, he said on Monday, were arrested in Strasbourg - a city where one of oldest and largest Christmas markets is set to open this week.
"An attack has been foiled . . . The scale of the terrorist threat is enormous and it is not possible to ensure zero risk despite everything we are doing," he added. (Read more)
- Father, we thank You for another good report. Praise You, Lord, amen.
- "Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord. Praise ye the Lord." (Psalm 150:6)
The Daily Jot
Tuesday, November 22, 2016
Taking control as Christian Americans
Just like we took control of the election, Christian Americans need to take control of the narrative surrounding a divided nation. We were able to look beyond the rhetoric and the false polls of the media, and the media's negative and false reporting, and the Democratic Party's class and social warfare of division to foster change from the leftist tyrannical policies of globalism. We need to find ways to change the narrative of hate and take control of bringing a divided nation to unity. We can do this. But we have to set our emotions aside, hold in check our tendency toward offense, and pray and act with a purpose in mind. The current situation represents a tremendous opportunity to shine the light of Christ.
We rejected the policies of division and tyranny at the ballot box. Those who were rejected have taken personal offense and labeled us haters. In doing so, they are showing hate. They are demonstrating, rioting, physically assaulting, and verbally abusing those with whom they disagree. It is so easy to respond with an eye for an eye. But brothers and sisters, this is the time when we need to speak into our nation, speak into our states, into our communities, into our neighborhoods and into our families. We need to talk about a time for peace and reconciliation. We need to be able to say and show that folks who did not vote for Hillary Clinton were voting for common sense change, not against any race or people group.
We need to dismiss the premise of hate and bigotry and build our case for unity, and in doing so, show the light of Christ. This is a time when we need to deescalate the rhetoric and angriness of people who spew hate by accusing others of hate by saying, "I know you are upset, but isn't it time to put that aside and work for a better country? Isn't it time to see that your fellow Americans are not what the news media and the political establishment labeled them, but just people like you and me that want something better for their country, for their futures, even for their children? We have a system of laws and elections and decent people follow laws and respect the will of the people. I know you are a decent person."
Then we need to demonstrate that treating everyone one fairly under the law is a good thing. It's time to come together and put aside the rhetoric and the hurt of the campaign, and reunite as a nation. Jesus told us in the Sermon on the Mount, "Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled. Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy. Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God. Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven." He also told us we were the salt of the earth and the light of the world. May the Holy Spirit guide us in being so.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
WE GATHER TOGETHER
"Come, let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the LORD our Maker." (Psalm 95:6)
1 We gather together to ask the Lord's blessing;
he chastens and hastens his will to make known;
the wicked oppressing now cease from distressing.
Sing praises to his name; he forgets not his own.
2 Beside us to guide us, our God with us joining,
ordaining, maintaining his kingdom divine;
so from the beginning the fight we were winning;
thou, Lord, wast at our side; all glory be thine!
3 We all do extol thee, thou leader triumphant,
and pray that thou still our defender wilt be.
Let thy congregation escape tribulation;
thy name be ever praised! O Lord, make us free!
Please go here.
COME, YE THANKFUL PEOPLE COME
"Worship the LORD in holy attire; Tremble before Him, all the earth."
1. Come, ye thankful people, come, raise the song of harvest home; all is safely gathered in, ere the winter storms begin. God our Maker doth provide for our wants to be supplied; come to God's own temple, come, raise the song of harvest home.
2. All the world is God's own field, fruit as praise to God we yield; wheat and tares together sown are to joy or sorrow grown; first the blade and then the ear, then the full corn shall appear; Lord of harvest, grant that we wholesome grain and pure may be.
3. For the Lord our God shall come, and shall take the harvest home; from the field shall in that day all offenses purge away, giving angels charge at last in the fire the tares to cast; but the fruitful ears to store in the garner evermore.
4. Even so, Lord, quickly come, bring thy final harvest home; gather thou thy people in, free from sorrow, free from sin, there, forever purified, in thy presence to abide; come, with all thine angels, come, raise the glorious harvest home.
Please go here.
Text: Henry Alford, 1810-1871
Music: George J. Elvey, 1816-1893
We will now "stand down" until next Monday, to enjoy this wonderful Thanksgiving holiday with our family and our friends.
We wish each one of you a lovely holiday, too, filled with praise for the One who has blessed us all. Amen.
Updates from PrayerSurgeNow
Updates from PrayerSurgeNow
Dai Sup Han has welcomed all of our prayer partners to join him in these anointed prayer calls.
To view the agenda now posted for these daily, and weekly, conference calls, please go here.
Join Our Prayer Canopy!
Join Our Prayer Canopy!
"So the nations will fear the name of the Lord
And all the kings of the earth Your glory." (Psalm 102:15)
God is using His people to build a Canopy of Prayer across our nation, to stand in the gap before His Throne of Grace in repentance for our personal and national sins; and to pray against all enemies, foreign and domestic.
We meet at 7:00 p.m. EDT, NOW EVERY NIGHT, in an "open forum." We now offer targeted prayer points, as we seek Him daily for the burdens of His heart, and to pray them through.
Time: 7:00 p.m. EDT/6:00 p.m.CDT/5:00 p.m.MDT/4:00 p.m. PDT
NEW!! Conference number: 712-770-4340
Access Code: 543555#
> > > We are now joined with 23 other ministries who are praying over this phone line, 24/7, until Inauguration Day! Please call anytime and join in!
You can learn more about the history of Capitol Hill Prayer Partners, as well as how Abba has now birthed our Prayer Canopy, by going here.