Capitol Hill Prayer PartnersThe Daily Brief:
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
"Praying for All in Authority"
Tuesday, November 22, 2016
"Standing Together in the Kingdom of God . . .
Under the Cross of Christ"
"Happy are the people whose God is the Lord!" (Psalm 14415)
"Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise." (Psalm 100:4)
The Middle East in Focus
1. Netanyahu bans ministers from speaking to Trump administration - Times of Israel
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu banned government ministers from speaking with President-elect Donald Trump or members of his administration.
Cabinet Secretary Tzachi Braverman sent a letter on Monday to ministers instructing them not to speak with the nascent government.
The letter instructed ministers that all contact must be either through the Prime Minister's Office or the Israeli Embassy in Washington.
2. Seething Erdogan accuses Israel of 'barbarism' in TV interview timed to mark warming of ties - Times of Israel
In his first interview with the Israeli press in over a decade, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on Monday slightly walked back a 2014 assertion that Israel's military offensive in Gaza was more barbaric than Hitler, but made no apology for invoking the Nazi leader's name in the context, said he was "well aware" of the sensitivities, and again condemned Israel's "barbarism" against the Palestinians.
Erdogan spoke to Channel 2's Ilana Dayan in Turkish in a sweeping, and frequently tense, interview that covered Israel-Turkey relations, the Gaza Strip and the failed coup attempt in Turkey over the summer. The interview, apparently intended to mark a new, warming era in bilateral ties, began politely, but later featured passages where Erdogan, seething, leveled bitter criticism at Israel, especially regarding its policies on the Palestinians. At one point in the interview, Erdogan snapped at Dayan, and told her she couldn't pressure him and wouldn't be able to maneuver him "into a corner."
2. 'Erdogan hasn't changed, he's still hostile to Israel and supports Hamas' - Jerusalem Post
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has not decreased his hostility to Israel and continues to serve as a patron to Hamas and other terrorist groups . . . Sa'ar's comments . . . came a week after Israel and Turkey essentially resumed full diplomatic ties . . . and a day after Erdogan gave an interview . . . in which he refused to back down from comparisons of Israel's actions . . . to those of the Nazis. (Read more)
4. Under-reported Intifada continues: 14 rock attacks in one day- Israel National News
As of 18:30 on Monday evening, at least 14 rock attacks had been perpetrated against Israeli targets since morning, reports the Hatzalah organization of Yosh (Judea and Samaria) and the 0404 website.
In one incident, a car driving through Hawara, an Arab town near Itamar and Yitzhar and north of Tapuach, was targeted by Arab rock-throwers and sustained damage. No one was hurt.
Israeli Defense Force soldiers were targeted in several of the attacks.
5. 'I'm going to be around for a long time' - Israel National News
Prime Minister Netanyahu alluded at the Likud faction meeting today to the "submarine affair" and the accusations against him of corruption.
He also related to his recent visits to Be'er Sheva, where he was exposed to cutting-edge hi-tech advances made by Israel, and to Wolfson Medical Center in Holon, where he met with children who had arrived from all over the world for cardiac operations.
"There are those who are determined to constantly [present Israel in a negative light], there is a whole industry here of 'dismay,' under whose framework they tell us how bad it is here," he said in reference to the press and the opposition.
6. AG: No criminal wrongdoing suspected in submarine dealM - Israel Hayom
There is no criminal wrongdoing tainting the recent procurement of three German submarines, Attorney General Avichai Mendelblit ruled Sunday. He noted the review into whether any conflict of interest had affected the acquisition would continue.
The decision followed a meeting between Mendelblit, State Attorney Shai Nitzan and several of the attorney general's deputies.
A Justice Ministry official said, "The issue at hand is being reviewed factually and legally, and any final decision in this case is pending the conclusion of this review."
The Daily Brief
Every prayer below is presented to our Lord in the Name of Jesus Christ, amen.
1. Trump won't pursue charges against Clinton - New York Post
President-elect Donald Trump won't subject Hillary Clinton to a criminal inquiry - instead, he'll help her heal, his spokeswoman said Tuesday.
"I think when the president-elect who's also the head of your party . . . tells you before he's even inaugurated he doesn't wish to pursue these charges, it sends a very strong message, tone and content, to the members," Kellyanne Conway told the hosts of MSNBC's "Morning Joe," who first reported that the president-elect would not pursue his campaign pledge to "lock up" Clinton, his Democratic opponent.
"Look, I think, he's thinking of many different things as he prepares to become the president of the United States, and things that sound like the campaign are not among them," Conway, who is now on the Trump transition team, said in her interview.
She continued: "I think Hillary Clinton still has to face the fact that a majority of Americans don't find her to be honest or trustworthy, but if Donald Trump can help her heal, then perhaps that's a good thing." (Read more)
- Father God, while this news may come as a surprise to many, there are those of us who have been sensing all along that Donald Trump will walk with the heart of King David - a heart of mercy, kindness, tenderness and blessing. We thank You for this gesture of healing now extended by (soon to be) the highest official of our land, and we give You praise. In Your name, amen.
- "Whoever brings blessing will be enriched, and one who waters will himself be watered." (Proverbs 11:25)
2. Donald Trump: US to quit TPP on first day in office - BBC
President-elect Donald Trump says the US will quit the Trans-Pacific Partnership trade deal on his first day in the White House. He made the announcement in a video message outlining what he intends to do first when he takes office in January. The TPP trade deal was signed by 12 countries which together cover 40% of the world's economy. (Read more)
- Lord, we thank You for this good news. Let only those agreements that You have chosen be completed from this time forward.
- "Through wisdom a house is built and by understanding it is established."
3. Trump scorches media to their faces in what's called 'Firing squad' - WND
President-elect Donald Trump invited major media moguls to Trump Tower for a face-to-face meeting on Monday, and a source claims the billionaire confronted them in a session that was described as a " firing squad." It was like a . . . firing squad," a source told the New York Post after the hour-long scolding, which was supposed to be off the record.
"Trump started with [CNN chief] Jeff Zucker and said, 'I hate your network, everyone at CNN is a liar and you should be ashamed,'" the source reportedly told the Post. "The meeting was a total disaster. The TV execs and anchors went in there thinking they would be discussing the access they would get to the Trump administration, but instead they got a Trump-style dressing down," the source said.
A second source told the Post that Trump ripped into media bigwigs and anchors, calling them "liars." "The meeting took place in a big board room, and there were about 30 or 40 people, including the big news anchors from all the networks," the second source said.
"Trump kept saying, 'We're in a room of liars, the deceitful dishonest media who got it all wrong.' He addressed everyone in the room calling the media dishonest, deceitful liars. He called out Jeff Zucker by name and said everyone at CNN was a liar, and CNN was [a] network of liars. (Read more)
- Father, the mainstream media was notoriously dishonest during the election cycle. We ask for peace and healing on both sides, and a fresh start. We also pray that no electors will change their votes based on this kind of report.
- "Do not put your trust in princes, nor in a son of man, in whom there is no help." (Psalm 146:3)
4. $800,000 Approved for Planned Parenthood Investigation by Republicans as Defunding Efforts Ramp Up - Christian Post
Leading pro-lifers are vowing this week to keep fighting for the unborn in a new presidential administration as congressional Republicans amp up their investigation into Planned Parenthood, the nation's largest abortion provider.
"Defunding Planned Parenthood, the nation's #1 abortion business, was one of four pro-life commitments President-elect Donald Trump made in a letter to the pro-life movement during the general election," said Mallory Quigley, communications director for the Susan B. Anthony List, a political action committee that works to elect pro-life women to Congress, in an email to The Christian Post Wednesday. "Republicans showed us there is a pathway to doing this and we will be working with the administration and our allies in Congress to get it done." (Read more)
- Father, we thank for this hopeful sign, and ask that somehow the evil ways of Planned Parenthood will be completely stopped.
- "Your hands are full of blood . . ." (Isaiah 1:15)
5. Foes pile on Ellison in DNC chair fight - POLITICO
Keith Ellison, an early favorite to become the next Democratic National Committee chairman, has hit his first roadblock. The Minnesota congressman and Bernie Sanders ally is facing growing resistance to the idea of electing another party chairman who is a sitting member of Congress. (Read more)
- Father, we have offered prayer over the pending nomination of Rep. Keith Ellison to hold this key position at the DNC, asking that he not be granted this opportunity. We thank You for today's report and we continue to ask You to intervene in this critical matter. In Your name, amen.
- "The effectual, fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." (James 5:16)
6. The New War on Conservative Media - Front Page Magazine
The media has gone to war against Facebook. While various supporters have blamed Hillary's loss on everything from the FBI to internalized misogyny, the media has decided that Facebook is to blame.
Cable news is dying. Newspapers struggle online and offline. The mainstream media's profitability lives and dies by social media. But the essence of social media is that it allows communities to shape what they see. That's a terrifying idea if you're a media conglomerate that depends on its megaphone.
The war on fake news is a smoke screen for a campaign against conservative media. And it's easy to see that it's conservative sites that are the real target of the Facebook book burners. (Read more)
- Father God, for years Your people have been crying out, asking that the media report the TRUTH to our citizens, instead of serving as a propaganda tool for the establishment. And now, the day has come when You are answering our prayers, Holy One. Praise Jesus! We thank You for using the tool of social media to challenge traditional media, and we ask for truth to be reported in the days ahead, or -- if not -- for the demise of the Fourth Estate. In Your name, amen.
- "Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows."
7. Obama and Putin trade stone-cold stares in tense standoff - NY Post
This greeting was as warm as winter in Siberia. President Obama and his Russian counterpart, Vladimir Putin, could barely stand to look at each other in Peru on Sunday as they shared a brief and chilly handshake. Both men have good reason to be icy with each other. (Read more)
- Father, this is the reason the world has been upside down for 8 years. We ask that US /Russia relations be calmed and better ways of dealing with them be found.
- "When a man's ways please the Lord, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him." (Proverbs 16:7)
8. Putin moves his missiles in new threat to Europe - The Times UK
Russia is deploying short-range ballistic missiles to its western European enclave, it emerged yesterday as President Putin threatened "counter-measures" against Nato expansion.
A senior Russian MP said that Moscow would permanently station the nuclear-capable missiles in Kaliningrad, a region between the Nato states of Poland and Lithuania, in retaliation for a military build-up by the alliance in eastern Europe.
John Kirby, spokesman for the US State Department, said that the deployment of the missiles was "destabilising to European security". (Read more)
- Lord, we stand on Your Word and in Your power against any plans of the enemy.
- "No weapon formed against you shall prosper." (Isaiah 54:17)
9. 4 cops shot in 3 states during bloody Sunday for police nationwide - Fox News
The man suspected of executing a San Antonio police officer late Sunday morning staked out police headquarters just hours before the shooting and briefly gained access to a vestibule of the building before quickly leaving, officials said.
An extensive police dragnet had failed Monday to catch the unnamed suspect in the ambush killing of Detective Benjamin Marconi, 50, a 20-year veteran. Marconi was the first of four police officers in three states shot during a seemingly unconnected Sunday spree.
Three of the incidents appeared to be targeted attacks and involved law enforcement officers sitting unsuspectingly in their patrol cars, either waiting in traffic or after pulling vehicles over for traffic stops. (Read more)
- Lord, our hearts go out to these families of our protectors. We ask that Your Spirit move across the nation to show truth to those whose plan is violence.
- " . . . let everyone turn from his evil way and from the violence that is in his hands." (Jonah 3:8)
10. Tragic School Bus Accident Leaves Five Students Dead, Driver Charged - Breaking Christian News
Five students are confirmed dead in the Woodmore Elementary School bus crash [Monday] and six remain in critical condition this morning. Three of the students killed were in fourth grade, one was in first grade and another in kindergarten, according to Hamilton County Schools. (Read more)
- Father God, our hearts go out today to those families - especially mothers and fathers - whose young children were killed yesterday in this horrific accident. We pray, too, for the lives of the others who have been hospitalized. Father, please bring the comfort to each one, as only You can do, in Your name, amen.
- "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever . . ." (John 14:16)
The Daily Jot
Tuesday, November 22, 2016
Taking control as Christian Americans
Just like we took control of the election, Christian Americans need to take control of the narrative surrounding a divided nation. We were able to look beyond the rhetoric and the false polls of the media, and the media's negative and false reporting, and the Democratic Party's class and social warfare of division to foster change from the leftist tyrannical policies of globalism. We need to find ways to change the narrative of hate and take control of bringing a divided nation to unity. We can do this. But we have to set our emotions aside, hold in check our tendency toward offense, and pray and act with a purpose in mind. The current situation represents a tremendous opportunity to shine the light of Christ.
We rejected the policies of division and tyranny at the ballot box. Those who were rejected have taken personal offense and labeled us haters. In doing so, they are showing hate. They are demonstrating, rioting, physically assaulting, and verbally abusing those with whom they disagree. It is so easy to respond with an eye for an eye. But brothers and sisters, this is the time when we need to speak into our nation, speak into our states, into our communities, into our neighborhoods and into our families. We need to talk about a time for peace and reconciliation. We need to be able to say and show that folks who did not vote for Hillary Clinton were voting for common sense change, not against any race or people group.
We need to dismiss the premise of hate and bigotry and build our case for unity, and in doing so, show the light of Christ. This is a time when we need to deescalate the rhetoric and angriness of people who spew hate by accusing others of hate by saying, "I know you are upset, but isn't it time to put that aside and work for a better country? Isn't it time to see that your fellow Americans are not what the news media and the political establishment labeled them, but just people like you and me that want something better for their country, for their futures, even for their children? We have a system of laws and elections and decent people follow laws and respect the will of the people. I know you are a decent person."
Then we need to demonstrate that treating everyone one fairly under the law is a good thing. It's time to come together and put aside the rhetoric and the hurt of the campaign, and reunite as a nation. Jesus told us in the Sermon on the Mount, "Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled. Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy. Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God. Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven." He also told us we were the salt of the earth and the light of the world. May the Holy Spirit guide us in being so.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Calling All Prayer Warriors
Calling All Prayer Warriors:
FBI Issues Terrorism Alerts for Thanksgiving, Inauguration Day
The Federal Bureau of Investigation issued a terrorism alert for Thanksgiving Day and Inauguration Day, according to CBS.
The warning comes after al-Qaida declared the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade an "excellent target."
"While there is no specific threat information about possible attacks in our area, as we approach the Thanksgiving holiday, law enforcement and members of the public must remain guarded," the Boston FBI said in a statement.
CBS reports the alert specifically warned of homegrown terrorists and cited shopping malls, special events and other crowded venues as possible targets.
Potential tactics that could be used include guns, IEDs or drones equipped with IEDs in "Target-rich" zones such as Washington, D.C.
The FBI recommends the following steps to prevent terrorist attacks:
Surveillance: Are you aware of anyone video recording or monitoring activities, taking notes, using cameras, maps, binoculars and so forth near key facilities/events?
Suspicious Questioning: Are you aware of anyone attempting to gain information in person, by phone, mail, email and so forth regarding a key facility or people who work there?
Tests of Security: Are you aware of any attempts to penetrate or test physical security or procedures at a key facility/event?
Acquiring Supplies: Are you aware of anyone attempting to improperly acquire explosives, weapons, ammunition, dangerous chemicals, uniforms, badges, flight manuals, access cards or identification for a key facility/event or to legally obtain items under suspicious circumstances that could be used in a terrorist attack?
Suspicious Persons: Are you aware of anyone who does not appear to belong in the workplace, neighborhood, business establishment or near a key facility/event?
"Dry Runs": Have you observed any behavior that appears to be preparation for a terrorist act, such as mapping out routes, playing out scenarios with other people, monitoring key facilities/events, timing traffic lights or traffic flow or other suspicious activities?
Deploying Assets: Have you observed abandoned vehicles, stockpiling of suspicious materials or persons being deployed near a key facility/event?
If yes, the FBI asks the reader contact the authorities.
(Source: Breaking Christian News) Read more here.
> > > A Prayer for Safekeeping at Thanksgiving:
- Lord God, on this very special day, when the hearts of most Americans are turned towards You, and when we simply wish to offer thanks to You for Your many blessings in our lives, we ask that any plans of the terrorists be thwarted. We ask this in Your name, amen.
- "He reveals mysteries from the darkness And brings the deep darkness into light." (Job 12:22) "No weapon that is formed against you will prosper; And every tongue that accuses you in judgment you will condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, And their vindication is from Me," declares the Lord. (Isaiah 54:17)
24/7 Prayer in the News
Calls to Prayer Rising Ahead of Inauguration Day
Are Americans more prayerful ahead of this presidency than they were the last one?
While it's a question that might make many in the liberal mainstream media uncomfortable, the answer appears to be yes. More and more calls for prayer have been rising up in recent days ahead of the inauguration of President-elect Donald Trump and Vice President-elect Mike Pence.
The latest call comes from Mat Staver and Liberty Counsel:
Please join us in a prayer conference call that is going on 24 hours a day until Jan. 19, 2017. This call to prayer seeks to lift up our nation and specifically President-elect Donald Trump and our country's new leadership. While there was a wonderful outcome on Election Day, the battle is intensifying for Inauguration Day on Friday, Jan. 20, 2017.
The adversary has no foundation to contest this election, stir up hatred or cause chaos. This does not stop his efforts to harm our fellow citizens! This is a deep spiritual battle. We are not at war with our neighbors, but with fierce dark forces in heavenly places. We are focusing on engaging in "a warfare of love," through strategic intercession for the nation.
Prayer leaders and teams will serve as leadership over every hour for the next eight weeks. We encourage you to join by calling 712-770-4340 and entering the access code 543555#.
Liberty Counsel is excited to participate through our outreach ministry with the Liberty Prayer Network.
To read about more opportunities for corporate prayer for the Inauguration, please go here.
MAKE ME A BLESSING
"The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me, Because the Lord has anointed me To bring good news to the afflicted . . ." (Isaiah 61:1a)
1. Out in the highways and byways of life,
Many are weary and sad;
Carry the sunshine where darkness is rife,
Making the sorrowing glad.
Make me a blessing, make me a blessing,
Out of my life may Jesus shine;
Make me a blessing, O Savior, I pray,
Make me a blessing to someone today.
2 Tell the sweet story of Christ and His love,
Tell of His pow'r to forgive;
Others will trust Him if only you prove
True, every moment you live. (Refrain)
3 Give as 'twas given to you in your need,
Love as the Master loved you;
Be to the helpless a helper indeed,
Unto your mission be true. (Refrain)
To listen to this classic hymn, please go here.
Author: Ira B. Wilson (1909)
Updates from PrayerSurgeNow
Updates from PrayerSurgeNow
Dai Sup Han has welcomed all of our prayer partners to join him in these anointed prayer calls.
To view the agenda now posted for these daily, and weekly, conference calls, please go here.
Join Our Prayer Canopy!
Join Our Prayer Canopy!
"So the nations will fear the name of the Lord
And all the kings of the earth Your glory." (Psalm 102:15)
God is using His people to build a Canopy of Prayer across our nation, to stand in the gap before His Throne of Grace in repentance for our personal and national sins; and to pray against all enemies, foreign and domestic.
We meet at 7:00 p.m. EDT, NOW EVERY NIGHT, in an "open forum." We now offer targeted prayer points, as we seek Him daily for the burdens of His heart, and to pray them through.
Time: 7:00 p.m. EDT/6:00 p.m.CDT/5:00 p.m.MDT/4:00 p.m. PDT
NEW!! Conference number: 712-770-4340
Access Code: 543555#
> > > We are now joined with 23 other ministries who are praying over this phone line, 24/7, until Inauguration Day! Please call anytime and join in!
You can learn more about the history of Capitol Hill Prayer Partners, as well as how Abba has now birthed our Prayer Canopy, by going here.