CHPP Daily Brief: "Praying for All in Authority" Monday, November 21, 2016
Our Bible Readathon continues:
Now reading the Word of God every night
from midnight to 6:00 a.m. EST
All are welcome to call 712-770-4340; 350430#, anytime during those six hours. WELCOME!
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
"Praying for All in Authority"
Monday, November 21, 2016
"Standing Together in the Kingdom of God . . .
Under the Cross of Christ"
"Happy are the people whose God is the Lord!" (Psalm 14415)
"Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise." (Psalm 100:4)
As President-Elect Donald J. Trump continues to name those who will serve in his Cabinet and other key positions in his administration, we claim this verse for each one. Thank You, Lord, amen.
"Behold, a king will reign righteously And princes will rule justly."
1.Trump chooses Sen. Jeff Sessions for attorney general, Rep. Mike Pompeo for CIA director - Washington Post
President-elect Donald Trump announced Friday that he plans to nominate Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.) as attorney general and Rep. Mike Pompeo (R-Kan.) as CIA director, a pair of hard-line conservatives who offer early signs of the shape of Trump's Cabinet.
Trump also confirmed the news reported a day earlier that he has selected retired Lt. Gen. Michael T. Flynn as his national security adviser, a position that, unlike the other two, does not need to be confirmed by the Senate.
"The president-elect is a man of action, and we've got a great number of men and women with great qualifications who look forward to serving in this administration," Vice President-elect Mike Pence told reporters in New York. "Our agency teams arrived in Washington D.C. this morning, and I am very confident it will be a smooth transition that will serve to lead this country forward." (Read more)
2. Trump offers Flynn job of national security advisor - NBC News
President-elect Donald Trump announced he will tap Army Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn for the role of national security advisor, the transition announced Friday.
The announcement Friday said that Flynn was among three high profile national security positions -- including Mike Pompeo for CIA director and Jeff Sessions for attorney general -- that had been offered and accepted.
Flynn, 57, was a top adviser and high-profile surrogate to Trump during his campaign, introducing the President-elect at rallies and serving as a top cheerleader on his hyper-active Twitter feed. (Read more)
3. Trump's CIA pick tweets plan to "roll back" Iran nuke deal - Ynet News
Representative Mike Pompeo, President-elect Donald Trump's surprise choice to head the CIA, supports the US government's sweeping collection of Americans' communications data and wants to scrap the nuclear deal with Iran.
The retired Army officer, West Point and Harvard Law School graduate has also defended the CIA's use of interrogation techniques that are widely condemned as torture.
A member of the House of Representatives Intelligence Committee, Pompeo, 52, was first elected in the 2010 Tea Party wave from the congressional district centered on his hometown of Wichita. Members of both parties regard him as intelligent, collegial and capable, with a keen grasp of national security issues. (Read more)
4. Retired Gen. James Mattis eyed as Trump's possible pick for defense secretary - Fox News
In a sign that Donald Trump was zeroing in on his choice for defense secretary Saturday, a senior transition team official told Fox News the retired Marine Gen. James Mattis was a "very strong candidate" for a Cabinet post.
The retired general was one of several people who met with Trump in New Jersey during the day on Saturday. Trump wouldn't say whether he was offering Mattis a job, saying "we'll see." But as they posed for cameras before sitting down for their meeting, Trump pointed to Mattis and called him "a great man."
Earlier, an official with the transition team confirmed the retired general was under consideration to lead the Pentagon.(Read more)
5. Reporter to Obama: Will You Be Like Bush And Not Criticize Your Successor?; Obama: I Will If "Necessary" - Real Clear Politics
President Obama is asked if he will be like former President George W. Bush and pledge to stay out of politics and not criticize decisions made by his successor. The outgoing president was also asked if he believes he may be the last Democratic president for a while. Former President Bush said earlier this year he feared he would be the last Republican president.
At a press conference Sunday in Lima the president said he does not believe he will be the last Democratic president, for a while, and made no promise to not speak up if he feels it to be "helpful" and "necessary" for him to comment on President-elect Trump's proposals.
"Look, I said before, President Bush could not have been more gracious to me when I came in and my intention is to certainly for the next two months, finish my job and after that to take Michelle on vacation, get some rest, spend time with my girls and do some writing, some thinking," Obama said in Peru. (Read more)
The Middle East in Focus
1. Bridges for Peace: Israel Prayer Update
To read this report, please go here.
2. Hebrew Nation News - Weekly Alert
To read this report, please go here.
3. 123 countries support Israeli resolution at the UN - Israel National News
The United Nations on Friday approved an Israeli-sponsored resolution focusing on international innovation and development.
The resolution, entitled "Entrepreneurship for Sustainable Development," passed with 123 countries supporting it, 30 countries opposing, and eight abstaining, according to a statement from Israel's UN mission.
After months of diplomatic efforts, Israel's Ambassador to the UN Danny Danon succeeded in passing the resolution by working country by country to convince it of the importance of the law, notwithstanding the fierce opposition from the Arab bloc to all Israeli resolutions.
The Arab member-states opposed the resolution, despite the fact that many elements of the decision will positively influence countries around the world, including many countries in the Middle East. (Read more)
4. Netanyahu to urge Trump to 'tighten noose' on Iran, not scrap nuke deal - Jerusalem Post
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu plans to push President-elect Donald Trump into tougher Iran sanctions, officials told Bloomberg.
A senior Israeli official reportedly said that Netanyahu had already talked with national security advisors and plans are in the works.
Former national security adviser to Netanyahu, retired Major General Yaakov Amidror stated that, "The urgent task is to stop Iran from becoming a superpower in the region, something that has been occurring for some time now."
"The prime minister will argue, first and foremost, that the US should work to diminish the partnership between Russia and Iran in the region," Amidror added.
As far as the Iran deal itself goes, Netanyahu isn't looking to end the Iran deal, he instead is looking for Trump to have a firm stance against Iran, according to an official. (Read more)
5. Israel presses India on Iran threat - Jerusalem Post
NEW DELHI - President Reuven Rivlin said he had emphasized to Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi the conduct of Iran, explaining Israel's concerns with its actions in the region and Tehran's stated goal of destroying the Jewish state.
Rivlin quoted Modi as saying India has good relations with Iran, but supports Israel "every place where international agencies take decisions against you that you see as absurd."
Rivlin told reporters in New Delhi on Saturday night about his meeting with Modi on Wednesday and said that the Indian prime minister was very clear that his country opposes Iranian moves to harm Israel.
What is significant here, Rivlin said, is the very public way that India is displaying its strong relationship with Israel, including the very warm welcome it has given to the Israeli delegation and its desire to strengthen those ties. (Read more)
6. Newly discovered Byzantine arch unveiled in Jerusalem - Israel Hayom
The discovery of a 1,500-year-old Byzantine arch was revealed Wednesday at a ceremony attended by Construction Minister Yoav Gallant in the Jewish Quarter of Jerusalem's Old City.
The arch was discovered during excavation work recently conducted to uncover the layout of the street between the Hurva Synagogue, Israel's greatest and most important synagogue until the 1948 War of Independence, and the Cardo, Jerusalem's main street during the Roman era, running from Damascus Gate in the north to Zion Gate in the south).
Gallant also unveiled the second mosaic in the Jerusalem of Mosaics project and viewed artifacts recently unearthed beneath Tiferet Yisrael Synagogue. The project, initiated by the Jewish Quarter Restoration and Development Company, aims to shed light on everyday life on the Cardo 1,500 years ago. (Read more)
7. New IDF 'nerve center' gearing up for operational duty - Israel Hayom
After years of delays, snags and budgetary issues, the IDF's command and control nerve center, otherwise known as "The Pit," is in the final stages of its long-awaited face-lift and will become operational in several months' time.
Located deep underground the IDF's main headquarters at the Kirya base in Tel Aviv, the new "pit" will be where the chief of staff and the army's high command manage future wars, vital operations and the clandestine missions largely kept out of the public eye.
The new pit, which will be fitted with the most sophisticated technological systems the army has at its disposal, is slated to replace the one dug in 1953. (Read more)
The Daily Brief
Every prayer below is presented to our Lord in the Name of Jesus Christ, amen.
1. FBI Warns Of Thanksgiving Terror Potential - CBSBoston
As the holiday bustle picks up, so does law enforcement awareness. Sources tell CBS News the FBI is alerting police across the country about a potential terrorist attack around Thanksgiving.
It specifically warns of homegrown terrorists. Potential targets? Shopping malls, special events, crowded venues-locations in Washington, D.C. and Virginia described as target-rich zones. ISIS's magazine called New York City's Macy's Parade an excellent target.
And potential tactics could include guns, IEDs, or drones equipped with IEDs. (Read more)
- Lord God, on this very special day, when the hearts of most Americans are turned towards You, and when we simply wish to offer thanks to You for Your many blessings in our lives, we ask that any plans of the terrorists be thwarted. We ask this in Your name, amen.
- "He reveals mysteries from the darkness And brings the deep darkness into light." (Job 12:22) "No weapon that is formed against you will prosper; And every tongue that accuses you in judgment you will condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, And their vindication is from Me," declares the Lord. (Isaiah 54:17)
2. Electoral College voters 'deluged' with death threats - WND
One of Michigan's 16 electors who will be called upon to cast a vote validating the election of Donald Trump in the Electoral College has testified on video that he and others in the state are receiving "dozens and dozens of death threats" from Hillary Clinton supporters urging them to switch their votes to Clinton.
On Dec. 19 the Electoral College will convene [in their various states] to cast their votes for either Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton, with each state's electors pledged to vote for the candidate elected on Nov. 8 in their state.
But a handful of states have no laws making it illegal for the electors to change their vote while others have only a minor penalty such as a fine for doing so.
If Clinton's supporters can get enough of the 163 electors from states where Trump both won and votes can be legally switched on Dec. 19, Hillary Clinton becomes the next president of the United States. (Read more)
For more information about the Electoral College, please go here.
- Father in heaven, the hour is come that our hearts cry out to You Almighty God, to surround all members of the Electoral College with myriads of angels to war against the evil men sent on assignment to threaten them with death if they do not switch their votes to Clinton. God, fight this battle for these 163 electors and keep them honest to retain their vote for Donald Trump. We bind fear from their hearts, in Jesus' Name. God, put the Blood of Jesus around the Electoral College that no demonic power can penetrate. The Lord rebuke and defeat every demon by the Word of God and give great victory over the work of hoards of demons. We pray in the Name of Jesus, through the Blood of Jesus, and the Word of God. Amen.
- "Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core. Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness forever." (Jude11,13)
3. Trump to send message: 'Shariah incompatible with Constitution' - WND
The Muslim Brotherhood's days of influencing the United States government may be coming to an end, and those who are expert in the field of Islamist activism and the threat of terror are pleased. WND reported earlier President-elect Donald Trump is reportedly preparing to jumpstart a bill in Congress that would ban the Muslim Brotherhood by declaring it a terrorist organization. Walid Phares, a foreign policy adviser to Trump, says he believes Trump will support the plan to make the designation.
Philip Haney, a founding member of the Department of Homeland Security and author of 'See Something, Say Nothing: A Homeland Security Officer Exposes the Government's Submission to Jihad,' greeted the news with hope, saying his former agency is finally returning to its initial mission.
'This is what the Department of Homeland Security was created for in the first place - to protect the American people from the threat of terrorism both foreign and domestic - so all he's doing is following the policies of the original purpose of DHS,' Haney told WND. 'This is what we were actually supposed to do clear back in 2003 when the agency was formed.' (Read more)
- Father in heaven, we thank you above all things that You are guiding President-elect Donald Trump to stand for the founding principles of our Constitution and standing strong to regain America by casting out all that is not American. We pray for Your guidance in everything Donald Trump is lead to accomplish for the absolute restoration of our Country. In the Name of Jesus we pray.
- " . . . . And the Lord said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in your mouth. See, I have this day set you over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and to plant." (Jeremiah 1:9-10)
4. Sessions nomination brings hope of reversing Islamic 'stealth invasion' - WND
President-elect Donald Trump has tapped Sen. Jeff Sessions, R-Ala., to head the Justice Department as attorney general in his incoming administration. The announcement brings hope that Sessions, a staunch opponent of illegal immigration and the unchecked flow of refugees to the United States, will reverse policies of President Obama's attorney general - particularly the special treatment now afforded to Muslims.
"It's like the current regime of Attorney General Loretta Lynch is more concerned about protecting Muslims from criticism than they are about Muslim crimes and Islamic terrorism," said Leo Hohmann, a veteran journalist and WND news editor. "Under Sen. Jeff Sessions, I expect that all will change and we'll get back to blind justice, where everyone is treated equally under the law." (Read more)
- Father God, we are so encouraged by this report. May we learn from the hard lessons that the nations of Europe are now enduring, for they have opened their gates wide to an enemy, and they are now being overwhelmed. We ask that You would strengthen the hands of our new Attorney General and all who would work with him to turn the battle at the gate, in Your name, amen.
- "He will be a spirit of justice to the one who sits in judgment, a source of strength to those who turn back the battle at the gate." (Isaiah 28:6)
5. Despite reassurance, Obama warns Europe of a 'meaner world' - CNN
President Barack Obama, returning to Berlin Thursday, intended to reassure his most stalwart global ally, Chancellor Angela Merkel, about her prospects under Donald Trump.
Instead, Obama found himself warning of an impending shift in the global order, one he advised could lead to a "meaner, harsher, more troubled world" if not stopped.
"Whoever is president and whoever is the chancellor of Germany and whoever is the leader of other European nations and other democracies around the world, they need to recognize that," Obama said. "There are going to be forces that argue for cynicism. For looking the other way with somebody else's problems. That are not going to champion people who are vulnerable because sometimes that's politically convenient."
"If we don't have a strong transatlantic alliance that's standing up for those things, we will be giving to our children a worst world," he said. "We will go backwards instead of forwards. So whoever the US president is, whoever the chancellor of Germany is, we need to remember that. And our citizenry who decide who our presidents and chancellors are need to remember that." (Read more)
- Lord God, we cast these words down in the Mighty Name of Jesus, and we call forth the plans You have for the nations . . . plans to bring the lost into Your harvest fields. In Your Name, amen.
- "On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written: king of kings and lord of lords." (Revelation 19:16)
6. Pence tells House GOP to 'buckle up' for breakneck pace - CNN
Vice President-elect Mike Pence told his former colleagues in the House Thursday to "buckle up" for an ambitious open to the new administration, marked by efforts to roll back Obamacare and regulations and tackle tax reform.
"I'm very confident that as we move towards inauguration, bring together a great team, work in concert with leaders in the House and Senate, and we're going to move an agenda that's going to rebuild our military, revive our economy, and -- in a word -- make America great again," Pence said Thursday after he left his meeting with the House Republican Conference -- a group he used to chair when he was in Congress four years ago.
Pence, embracing his role as a chief liaison to Congress for the new administration of Donald Trump, was clearly happy as he headed to the Hill. He has multiple meetings with Congressional leaders throughout the day Thursday, including with House Speaker Paul Ryan, House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer.
House Republican leaders -- emboldened by strong election results last week -- already have ambitious plans of their own, starting with a maneuver that could undo some of President Barack Obama's executive actions. Republican leaders told rank and file members at this morning's conference meeting that they intend to use a somewhat obscure statute -- the Congressional Review Act -- to nullify some of the most recent Obama Administration regulations, according to multiple GOP sources -- including a rule expanding who qualifies for overtime pay.
Republicans could alter their short-term funding bill, dubbed the "CR" inside the Capitol, to wipe out Obama executive orders made this year. The maneuver would allow them to reach back in the year a limited amount of time -- 60 days on the legislative calendar, which is different than a regular calendar -- to wipe out the regulations. But to do that, they'll have to pass the measure as soon as possible -- well before the end of this calendar year.(Read more)
- Father God, we praise You for guiding President-elect Donald Trump to disinherit Obamacare. It was never the will of God for the people in America. Father, lay Your hand on Mike Pence to be a strong and capable support as Vice President to rebuild our military and revive our economy, along with all the major undoing of past executive actions. Oh God, we call out to You to be of great strength in all the newly appointed leaders to work in one accord in restoring America and to wipe out all the regulations at the earliest date possible. Lord God, we pray, too, for this new Congress. May each member be graced with a strength beyond their own, that they might "roll up their sleeves" and begin to tackle the work that will be set before them. In Your name, amen.
- "Blessed is the man that walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in His law does he meditate day and night." (Psalm 1:1-2)
7. Secret Service Can't Find Tons Of Its Guns, Phones, Badges And Cars - Daily Caller
Thousands of sensitive assets belonging to U.S. Secret Service agents, including firearms, computer laptops, work badges, telephones and even motor vehicles, have been lost during the past 15 years, according to documents obtained by nonprofit government watchdog Judicial Watch.
"This is supposedly an elite law enforcement agency - how did all this equipment get stolen?" or lost. "This is alarming. Every American should be alarmed about this," Judicial Watch's Irene Garcia told The Daily Caller News Foundation.
Secret Service agents reported 11,780 lost or stolen assets between fiscal years 2001 and 2016, according to the data Judicial Watch received, although the agency didn't distinguish between lost and stolen items. A total of 121 "weapons/pistols" were lost or stolen from 2001 through 2016, including 69 in 2002 alone. The Secret Service also reported 736 cell phones, 571 badges and six vehicles as lost or stolen in that same period.
But uncategorized or "all remaining" assets account for 4,644 of the 11,780 lost or stolen items. More assets were lost or stolen in fiscal year 2004 than any other year - 1,362, most of which were uncategorized. (Read more)
- Father God in heaven, stealing is forbidden as one of the Ten Commandments in the Bible says, "Thou shall not steal." So we pray that every item stolen or lost from the Secret Service will be found and that the thieves will be caught and brought to trial. Jesus, break up this racketeering and all this lawlessness. Expose all the sin of the past 15 years by opening every closed door, every room, every man and woman that has been involved in this demonic group. We pray the power of God will reveal where every stolen or "lost" item is located and those who are held in sin's grip will be punished for their crimes. In the Name of Jesus, and through the power of His Blood we pray.
- "But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evil doer, or as a busybody in other men's matters." (I Peter 4:15)
8. NY Post: Melania Trump and Barron Staying in New York - Newsmax
Future First Lady Melania Trump and son Barron are planning to stay in New York and will not live in the White House - at least in the first year of the President Donald Trump administration, according to The New York Post. The future first lady and her 10-year-old son will continue to live at their Trump Tower penthouse so that Barron can continue attending his Upper West Side private school, sources told The Post.
"Melania is extremely close to Barron, and they have become closer during the campaign," said a source close to Trump's transition team told the Post. "The campaign has been difficult for Barron, and she is really hoping to keep disruption to a minimum."
Their decision to stay in New York will increase the security presence around Trump Tower - an effort that will involve both Secret Service and the NYPD, an expert familiar with high-level security told The Post. Expect more complaints as residents grapple with that immense security presence.
"That building is going to become the White House of New York," said Jim Reese, a former Delta Force commander and president of TigerSwan, a global security company based in North Carolina. (Read more)
- Lord, we ask that You would keep not only our new president, but also his dear wife Melania, his son Barron, all of his family members and all of his immediate staff safe in the days ahead. We lean upon You, Abba Father God, for our protection, in Your name, amen.
- "He will command His angels concerning You to guard You carefully . . ." (Luke 4:10)
9. Father of fallen soldier says plane passengers booed family - Fox News
The father of an Army soldier killed in Afghanistan says he and his family were booed as they flew to meet his son's body coming home.
Sgt. John Perry, 30, was killed in a suicide attack at Bagram Airfield on Saturday, along with Pfc. Tyler Iubelt and two American contractors. Stewart Perry told KOVR-TV his son stopped the suicide bomber short of his target and may have saved hundreds of lives.
Perry told the Army Times the booing took place on an American Airlines flight that landed in Phoenix Monday. Perry and his family were flying from Sacramento to Dover Air Force Base. (Read more)
- Father, we weep at this report . . . Come, Lord Jesus, heal Your people, we pray. We ask Your special comfort for the family of this fallen soldier. Lord God, visit those who have been cursing this family, for they, too, need Your healing touch. Come, Lord Jesus, we pray, amen.
- "Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted." (Matthew 5:4)
10. Left 'freaking out' as 'bubble of delusion' bursts - WND
It's not easy to be a Donald Trump supporter in the wake of last week's monumental election. All across the country, reports of violent attacks against Trump supporters have been popping up.
Carl Gallups, a nationally known Baptist pastor and radio host, noted the irony of the left losing its mind over Trump's election. "The hypocrisies of the 'we hate Donald Trump and his supporters' movement are astoundingly transparent," he told WND. "The violence is coming from the left. But, wasn't it the left who has lectured the rest of us about peace, anti-violence, tolerance and First Amendment freedom of speech? And weren't they the ones who demanded of Donald Trump, all through the election process, that in the end he must graciously accept the outcome of the election? How soon we forget."
. . . "We have raised generations of people in which many view the government as 'god,' and feel entitled to everything their hearts and flesh desire," the pastor said. "They have been told that everyone is a winner and that everyone deserves a trophy - for merely showing up. When the stark reality of life - winning and losing - rears its unexpected head, the coddled ones explode into an impudent rage. We are currently experiencing the fruit our nation has been sowing for generations." (Read more)
- Father God, in the Name of Jesus, we lay axe to the root of the spirit of division that has been sweeping over our land. Bring healing, O Lord, we ask in Your name, amen.
- "Even now the axe is laid to the root of the trees. Every tree therefore that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire." (Luke 3:9)
11. The largest oil deposit ever found in America was just discovered in Texas - Business Insider
The US Geological Survey said Tuesday that it assessed what could be the largest deposit of untapped oil ever discovered in America.
An estimated average of 20 billion barrels of oil and 1.6 billion barrels of natural gas liquids are available for the taking in the Wolfcamp shale, which is in the Midland Basin portion of Texas' Permian Basin.
Based on a West Texas Intermediate crude oil price of $45 per barrel, those deposits are worth about $900 billion.
US oil exploration companies have flocked to the super rich Permian Basin in recent years and used shale-drilling technology to create an oil boom that simultaneously helped trigger a price crash two years ago. The count of active oil rigs fell with prices, but has risen over the past few months, mostly in the Permian. Bloomberg noted that the Wolfcamp, where this deposit was found, has been one of the primary targets of shale drillers. (Read more)
- Father, thank You for this find, coming just a few weeks before a new President is set to come into office. We pray that development will bring US oil independence and much needed jobs, and at the same time protection for our land and people.
- ". . . and I heard a voice in the midst of the four living creature saying, A quart of wheat for a denarius, ad three quarts of barley for a denarius, and do not harm the oil and the wine." (Rev 6:6)
The Daily Jot
Friday, November 18, 2016
How much damage to America until January
How much damage can a lame duck do before he leaves office in January? That's what Americans have to wrestle with between now and when the current "president" exits. AP reports that the Administration is about to release thousands of Haitians who came to the US illegally because there is not enough jail space to hold them. Meanwhile, Fox News reports that US Border Patrol Agents are "nabbing" 500 illegals a day-just in Texas. Many, they say, are repeat criminals. Illegal border crossings are up 63% over last year, ICE says, but those are only the ones caught by officers. Now the Democratic Party is pressuring the "president" to pardon nearly a million of them before he vacates his occupation of the Oval Office.
The "president" has allowed tens of thousands of criminals and Islamists to enter the country at will. So much so, that the system to protect Americans from such is stressed to the point of ineffectiveness. It's where politics and practicality clash. The "president's" policy has put all Americans in harms way and the Inspector General for the Department of Homeland Security John Roth said in March, "we may be admitting individuals who wish to do us harm." This is the result of policy based on remaking America into a socialist nation. This policy causes death and destruction. It is a policy President-Elect Donald Trump vowed to end, but the Democratic Party wants more of it until Trump takes office.
The Center for Immigration Studies has analyzed the "president's" immigration policy from data released by Immigration and Customs Enforcement. The analysis concludes that since 2010, ICE has released 124 aliens who have been charged with 135 new homicides--some have been released multiple times. In 2014, ICE released a total of 30,558 criminal aliens. These aliens had already been convicted of 92,347 crimes before they were released by ICE. As of July 25, 2015, a total of 1,607 aliens had been convicted of a crime after being freed by ICE. The total number of new crimes for which these aliens were convicted after ICE released them was 2,560, including: 298 dangerous drug offenses, 185 assaults, 40 weapons offenses, 28 sex offenses, 10 sex assaults, four kidnappings, two arsons, and one homicide.
It is obvious that these people do not wish to follow the law, nor do they want to assimilate as Americans. The political goal by Democrats and some Republicans is to promote globalism through resettlement. The Bible is very clear about how to handle immigrants. Exodus 22:21 says, "You shall neither vex a stranger, nor oppress him." This is repeated in Leviticus and Deuteronomy. In context, Exodus 12:49 says, "One law shall be to him that is home-born, and unto the foreigner who sojourns among you." This is also repeated in Numbers and Leviticus. One law for all. In this context it is God's law, but these people neither want to submit to the laws of the nation or to God's laws. If they are here illegally, they have broken the law as their first act. Hard as it is, policymakers must address this, otherwise our country is in danger.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Correction . . .
Correction . . .
Our last edition of the Daily Brief included an article, published by Intercessors for America, titled:
What do we do now?
How do we respond and pray?
We inadvertently omitted the LINK to that article, so that you might read all of its contents.
To read this message from IFA, please go here now. Thank you!
Loving the Disappointed
Loving the Disappointed . . .
Submitted by: Rev. Pierre Bynum
Chaplain & National Prayer Director
Family Research Council
Dear Praying Friends,
Larry Tomczak is a highly respected international minister, cultural commentator, and best-selling author. He has been on Intercessors for America 's Board of Directors and a personal friend for nearly 40 years. These excerpts are from his important article: Donald Trump's Detractors: Resent, Rebuff or Reach Them?
All around us are deeply distraught supporters of Hillary Clinton and angry adversaries of Donald Trump. Engage family, friends, neighbors, acquaintances and co-workers about the election and you may stir up a hornet's nest! We see frustrated protesters, hostile celebrities, disillusioned students, angry politicians and TV personalities refusing to accept the outcome of the election.
These people are experiencing real pain and confusion. Many have valid offenses due to Mr. Trump's un-Christ-like behavior and questionable remarks during the campaign. Others don't know what else to do but lash out with inflammatory speech on social media or with press releases and televised interviews, issuing threats and bombastic tirades.
As Obedient Followers of Jesus, How Are We to Respond?
Recall the inspirational campaign of years ago where Christians wore flexible wristbands with the initials W.W.J.D? It served to remind us of our call to be imitators of our Lord in speech and conduct. In our current cultural climate where intense hostility and the opportunity, to vent cruel, slanderous falsehoods and stereotypes as the "new normal", what should be our response?
Four Divine Directives Contrary to Mainstream Culture
-- These are directives, not electives for dealing with the situations in which we find ourselves today. We must not be wimpy "evanjellyfish" who are spineless and have no convictions or courage to stand up for what is right. Jesus Himself dealt with individuals like Herod by calling him a "fox" (Luke 13:32) and he called religious hypocrites "serpents" (Mt 23:33) and "whitewashed tombs" (v. 27). But should we speak our minds to obnoxious and offensive people? We are called to have "the mind of Christ" (Php 2:5) in dealing with difficult people -- never contentious and un-Christ-like (read 2 Tim 2:23-26). What are the radical instructions given us by our Lord? "Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who spitefully use you" (Lk 6:27).
1) "Love your enemies" - "Try to live at peace with everyone" (Rom 12:18). My Christian convictions cause some people to view me as an adversary. As much as I'd like everyone to like me, Jesus said, "Woe to you when all people speak well of you" (Lk 6:26). But this does not justify being obnoxious, argumentative or mean-spirited. We must "overcome evil with good" (Rom 12:21) and express genuine love toward those driven to tear down Trump. This may mean simply smiling and graciously walking away from a conversation.
When NYC gang leader Nicky Cruz threatened David Wilkerson (The Cross and the Switchblade), "I'll cut you into a thousand pieces if you keep telling me about Jesus!" David replied, "Cut me up in a thousand pieces and every one of them will keep telling you that Jesus loves you, Nicky." The Spirit of God came upon Nicky Cruz, and those convicting words led to his miraculous conversion.
2) "Do good to those who hate you." Confused and resentful individuals who hate us for our identification with Christ, for the recent GOP victory, or anything else, need to be on the receiving end of our understanding, mercy and the forgiveness of God.
3) "Bless those who curse you." When I hear outlandish, downright wicked statements from supra-liberal media pundits, entertainers and the like, I'm tempted to rise up in anger and say nasty things to the TV set. The Holy Spirit usually catches me and prompts me to pray for them, which I do despite my resistant "flesh." This releases God to move in them and me. No matter how hardened some may seem now, none of them are beyond the pale of God's love. Many raised in the Christian faith are prodigals, May Christians' prayers and kind behavior help bring them "home."
4) "Pray for those who spitefully use you." In or attempts to extend God's love to confused or bitter Trump detractors, our efforts may be rebuffed and we may be hurt or offended. May this not hinder our resolve to do the right thing in the right spirit (Jas 2:13). Years ago my family and I experienced a deep injustice in a ministry I had served for decades. When an expose' in a national publication was about to be released, I felt the Holy Spirit constrain me to release it all to Him and to pray a blessing over each of the men involved. I will never regret taking the high road at that defining moment in my life. God gave me Job 42:10: "And the Lord restored the fortunes of Job when he prayed for his friends, and also the Lord gave Job twice as much as he had before."
Our Weekly Bible Study
Our Weekly Bible Study:
Week of Sunday, November 20 - Saturday, November 26
> > > To read the "One Year Bible" weekly letter, go here.
> > > To read the Shabbat Torah readings, go here.
MY SAVIOR FIRST OF ALL
"When I awake, I will be satisfied with seeing Your likeness." (Psalm 17:15)
When my life work is ended, and I cross the swelling tide, When the bright and glorious morning I shall see; I shall know my Redeemer when I reach the other side, And His smile will be the first to welcome me.
I shall know Him, I shall know Him,
And redeemed by His side I shall stand,
I shall know Him, I shall know Him,
By the print of the nails in His hand.
Oh, the soul thrilling rapture when I view His blessèd face, And the luster of His kindly beaming eye; How my full heart will praise Him for the mercy, love and grace, That prepare for me a mansion in the sky.
Oh, the dear ones in glory, how they beckon me to come, And our parting at the river I recall; To the sweet vales of Eden they will sing my welcome home; But I long to meet my Savior first of all.
Through the gates to the city in a robe of spotless white, He will lead me where no tears will ever fall; In the glad song of ages I shall mingle with delight; But I long to meet my Savior first of all.
Please go here.
About the Hymn:
Words: Fanny Crosby, 1891.
Music: John R. Sweney
There appeared in London a man who styled himself the messiah, and for many weeks a large crowd was attracted to him. One night, however, as he was talking in one of the open squares in the city, a small band of the Salvation Army passed along, singing,
"I shall know Him, I shall know Him, By the print of the nails in His hand."
The great throng joined in the chorus. Finally someone pointed at the self-styled Christ and said, "Look at his hands and see if the print of the nails is there." They did as directed, but no print appeared, and they at once left off following him.
Updates from PrayerSurgeNow
Updates from PrayerSurgeNow
Dai Sup Han has welcomed all of our prayer partners to join him in these anointed prayer calls.
To view the agenda now posted for these daily, and weekly, conference calls, please go here.
Join Our Prayer Canopy!
Join Our Prayer Canopy!
"So the nations will fear the name of the Lord
And all the kings of the earth Your glory." (Psalm 102:15)
God is using His people to build a Canopy of Prayer across our nation, to stand in the gap before His Throne of Grace in repentance for our personal and national sins; and to pray against all enemies, foreign and domestic.
We meet at 7:00 p.m. EDT, NOW EVERY NIGHT, in an "open forum." We now offer targeted prayer points, as we seek Him daily for the burdens of His heart, and to pray them through.
Time: 7:00 p.m. EDT/6:00 p.m.CDT/5:00 p.m.MDT/4:00 p.m. PDT
NEW!! Conference number: 712-770-4340
Access Code: 543555#
> > > We are now joined with 23 other ministries who are praying over this phone line, 24/7, until Inauguration Day! Please call anytime and join in!
You can learn more about the history of Capitol Hill Prayer Partners, as well as how Abba has now birthed our Prayer Canopy, by going here.