CHPP Daily Brief: "Praying for All in Authority" Monday, August 15, 2016
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Monday, August 15, 2016
"Standing Together in the Kingdom of God . . .
Under the Cross of Christ"
"Let those who love the Lord hate evil, for he guards the lives of his faithful ones and delivers them from the hand of the wicked." (Psalm 97:10)
Please note . . .
Please note . .
Some of you may be aware that I was out of office last week. While I was away, an unknown person hacked into my gmail account (email@example.com), got my password, and began sending me multiple messages.
My password was immediately changed and this situation is now under control.
If you feel you have received a message from CHPP in error, do not open but simply delete.
Thank you, everyone.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
The Middle East in Focus
1. The third Jewish Temple is coming to your Facebook feed - Times of Israel
JTA - "It's time to build," reads the tagline of the Temple Institute's latest YouTube video.
The phrase encapsulates the group's controversial mission to rally Jews to reconstruct the temple that was the heart of their religion until its destruction 2,000 years ago.
Over much of those two millennia, mourning the loss of the temple and longing for its restoration has been central to Jewish thought and practice. As noted by the professionally produced video - a montage of Jewish wedding footage - the glass stomping that concludes a Jewish wedding is one such practice. (Read more)
2. Jerusalem interfaith event to bring together leaders of Abrahamic faiths - JNS.org
A new interfaith and spiritual gathering of Christians, Jews and Muslims will take place in Jerusalem this September.
"Amen-A House of Prayer For All Believers", part of the 2016 Mekudeshet Festival from September 4-23, is an initiative created by the Jerusalem Season of Culture, an annual festival in Jerusalem, to bring together the world's three major faiths "who share a belief in one God and a boundless love for Jerusalem to dialogue, study, sing and pray together in one temporary house of worship," said a press release.
Artists, actors, musicians and media figures from around the world are expected to participate in the event.
"We will study, argue -- yes, this is also allowed -- and pray -- together and alone. We will see if it is possible, despite all the corporeal difficulties and earthly obstacles, to create a new reality," said Mekudeshet Artistic Director Itay Mautner. (Read more)
3. Palestine never appeared on our maps, Google tells protesters - Israel Hayom
Internet giant Google on Thursday clarified that, contrary to recent reports by a Palestinian group, it had not removed the "Palestine" label from its maps application.
A statement by the Forum of Palestinian Journalists, posted on its website on Aug. 3, condemned "the crime carried out by Google in deleting the name of Palestine. We call on Google to rescind its decision and apologize to the Palestinian people."
The statement, quoted by the Washington Post, said, "The move is designed to falsify history, geography as well as the Palestinian people's right to their homeland, and [is] a failed attempt to tamper with the memory of Palestinians and Arabs as well as the world." (Read more)
4. Hassan Nasrallah: 'There is no location in Israel outside of our cross-hairs' - Jerusalem Post
Thanks Syria and Iran for help in war against Israel 10 years ago "Israel knows that there is no location in the country that is not in Hezbollah's cross-hairs," Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah said in a speech Saturday evening.
He added that there is "no region of Israel outside the reach of Hezbollah's missiles."
At the ceremony, marking the tenth anniversary of the Second Lebanon War, Nasrallah stated that "Israel believes everything the resistance says. Israeli authorities didn't declare any goals in the Gaza Strip for fear they wouldn't achieve them." (Read more)
5. Israel-Middle East tension boils over at Olympic judo match - Yahoo Sports
RIO DE JANEIRO - He moved toward his opponent in a gesture of sportsmanship, reaching out his hand. And the other man turned away. Then the boos came like rain.
Or Sasson, a long-shot medal contender for Israel, had just defeated Egypt's Islam El Shehaby in their early-round 100-plus kg judo match in front of a packed house, and El Shehaby refused to shake his hand.
The referee of the match forced El Shehaby to bow, and he did so, but by then the Israeli man was gone. (Read more)
6. Replacement Theology: Evangelical Lutherans to US: End Israel aid if settlements stay - Times of Israel
The Evangelical Lutheran Church in America approved a resolution calling on the US government to end all aid to Israel if Israel does not stop building settlements and "enable an independent Palestinian state."
Voting at its triennial assembly in New Orleans that ended Saturday, the church also sought a halt to all investment in companies that profit from Israel's occupation and called on US President Barack Obama to recognize the State of Palestine.
The aid vote, which passed 751-162, urged church members to "call on their US Representatives, Senators and the Administration to take action requiring that to continue receiving US financial and military aid, Israel must comply with internationally recognized human rights standards as specified in existing US law, stop settlement building and the expansion of existing settlements in East Jerusalem and the West Bank, end its occupation of Palestinian territory, and enable an independent Palestinian state." (Read more)
The Daily Brief
Every prayer below is presented to our Lord in the Name of Jesus Christ, amen.
1. 7 Dead, Over 20,000 Rescued in Catastrophic Louisiana Floods - ABC News
More than 20,000 Louisiana residents have been rescued from their homes, and 12,000 are in shelters in the wake of historic, devastating flash flooding that led President Barack Obama on Sunday evening to declare a federal emergency in the state, authorities said. At least six people have died in the disaster.
Gov. John Bel Edwards said that 40,000 businesses and homes are without power and that rescue workers are still "bringing people out of homes to safety," particularly in the hardest-hit areas around Baton Rouge. More than 500 pets have also been rescued, according to authorities.
More than 30 inches of rain fell in southern Louisiana over the past week, causing waterways to surge, Manzo said. The biggest amount was in Watson, which was deluged with 31.4 inches of rain, according to the National Weather Service.
The state has had "historic levels of rivers rising," Edwards told ABC News' "Good Morning America," adding that he is "worried like everyone else" and "trying to let the nation know." (Read more)
- Lord God, we have all been watching and praying over the news out of Baton Rouge all weekend, and we continue to do so tonight. We are saddened that six citizens have now lost their lives in this catastrophe, while we quietly offer You praise that more have not perished.
Father, we thank You for the thousands of volunteers who have rushed to this region in their own motorboats and rowboats and canoes to help the rescue efforts. As Baton Rouge begins to slowly recover from this tragedy, we ask that Your mantle of grace and mercy would be with each one. Father, their infrastructure is crippled; the mail cannot be delivered; and the people are helpless. We ask for Your divine intervention so that all needs be met and all will recover from this time of trauma, in Your name, amen.
- "You, Lord, hear the desire of the afflicted; you encourage them, and you listen to their cry." (Psalm 10:17)
2. 100 homes burned in Calif. town plagued by wildfire - CBS News
A fast-moving Northern California wildfire has destroyed more than 100 homes and forced thousands to flee an area where drought conditions and high temperatures are making firefighting difficult. Officials say a total of 175 structures have been burned.
California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection spokesman Daniel Berlant said Monday that the fire in Lower Lake, still recovering from a devastating wildfire nearly a year ago about 90 miles north of San Francisco, has scorched nearly 5 square miles. No injuries have been reported. (Read more)
Update: Fox News is now reporting that more than 4,000 have had to evacuate their homes in the path of this blaze.
- Father God, once again we cry out for mercy for a people in crisis. Lord God, this is the exact area where many were suddenly left homeless almost one year ago by another raging fire. Father, we ask Your help for these citizens of California, that they not lose hope and find the strength to carry on. We ask this in Your name, amen.
- "You, Lord, hear the desire of the afflicted; you encourage them, and you listen to their cry." (Psalm 10:17)
3. Milwaukee officials plead for calm after unrest wracks city - CNSNews.com
Saturday night on Milwaukee's north side following a man's fatal shooting by police earlier in the day, with the mayor imploring parents of anyone at the scene to "get them home right now" after at least four businesses burned and one officer was hurt.
At a news conference just after midnight, Mayor Tom Barrett said the situation appeared to be calming after a riotous scene in which as many as 100 protesters skirmished with police, torching a squad car and tossing a brick through the window of another. Police mounted at least two efforts to push the protesters out of an intersection at the heart of the violence. (Read more)
- Father God, our Author of Peace, we pray for Your peace to invade the city of Milwaukee. Bring Your Church, the Body of Christ, together to bring healing and hope.
- "Do not let those gloat over me who are my enemies without cause; do not let those who hate me without reason maliciously wink the eye." (Psalm 35:19)
[For further reflection and intercession, please consider all of Psalm 35.]
4. Soros Groups Get Hacked, Hundreds Of Documents Leaked - Daily Caller
Hundreds of internal documents from groups run by prominent billionaire liberal donor George Soros were leaked online Saturday after hackers infiltrated the groups.
The 2,576 files were released by DCLeaks, a website which claims to be "launched by the American hacktivists who respect and appreciate freedom of speech, human rights and government of the people."
The documents are from multiple departments of Soros' organizations. Soros' the Open Society Foundations seems to be the group with the most documents in the leak. Files come from sections representing almost all geographical regions in the world, "the President's Office", and something named SOUK. . . (Read more)
- Lord God, we have been praying for many years for all hidden things to be revealed and for all hidden things to be made known, and now this time has come. Thank You, Lord, for the unusual ways You move to bring truth to light. We ask that all information referenced in this report be used to bring justice for our people, in Your name, amen.
- "For I, the LORD, love justice; I hate robbery and wrongdoing. In my faithfulness I will reward my people and make an everlasting covenant with them." (Isaiah 61:8)
5. Soros Hack Reveals Evidence of Systemic Anti-Israel Bias - The Tablet
The Open Society Foundations, the network of philanthropic organizations funded by billionaire George Soros, appears to have been hacked earlier this weekend, and its confidential reports made available on the website DC Leaks. These newly revealed documents provide a granular look into the extent of the network's operations in Israel and the Palestinian Authority, with millions of dollars designated annually to organizations highly critical of the Jewish state, some of whom deny its right to exist.
Even more troubling, the documents repeatedly indicate that the network actively tried to conceal its engagements in Israel and the Palestinian territories, and has worked to set up an extensive network of organizations designed to support and promote its views. "For a variety of reasons," reads the report, "we wanted to construct a diversified portfolio of grants dealing with Israel and Palestine, funding both Israeli Jewish and PCI (Palestinian Citizens of Israel) groups as well as building a portfolio of Palestinian grants and in all cases to maintain a low profile and relative distance-particularly on the advocacy front." (Read more)
- Father, this report confirms what we have long suspected: this very confused Jewish man is using all of his resources to come against his own people. Lord, only You can deliver one from such madness, so we ask that You do this for this very disturbed individual, in Your name, amen.
- "Father, forgive him, for he knows not what he does." (Luke 23:34)
"Then they went out to see what had happened, and came to Jesus, and found the man from whom the demons had departed, sitting at the feet of Jesus, clothed and in his right mind. And they were afraid." (Luke 8:35)
6. Ex-Marine Punished for Bible Verses on Desk Loses Appeals Case - Christian Post
A United States appeals court has ruled against a former Marine who was court-martialed and discharged in part for refusing to remove cutouts of a biblical phrase from her work station.
The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces in Washington ruled Wednesday, 4-1, to uphold the bad conduct discharge of Lance Cpl. Monifa Sterling, deciding that there was no "substantial burden" placed on her religious freedom rights when her supervising officer at Camp Lejeune in North Carolina demanded that she remove slips of paper taped to her desk that read "No weapon formed against me shall prosper."
Although the saying is a paraphrase of Isaiah 54:17, the court majority believes that Sterling, who had a contentious relationship with her staff sergeant and felt as though she was being bullied, posted the verse in order to be "combative."
"Appellant did not inform the person who ordered her to remove the signs that they had had any religious significance to Appellant, the words in context could easily be seen as combative in tone, and the record reflects that their religious connotation was neither revealed nor raised until mid-trial," the court's majority opinion states. (Read more)
- Father God, it appears this case was mishandled due to a lack of counselors (attorneys) early in the process. We pray for the godly counselors who have now taken up this case for Lance Cpl. Monifa Sterling so that her reputation can be restored. We appeal this case to the Supreme Court in heaven, for this is surely an example of religious persecution. We ask that You would grant Your wisdom to the attorneys who are working on this case, so that, in the end, justice will be rendered on her behalf. We ask this in Your name, amen.
- "A wise man is strong, and a man of knowledge increases power. For by wise guidance you will wage war, and in abundance of counselors there is victory." (Proverbs 24:5-6)
7. GOP Lawmakers Lay Out Perjury Case Against Clinton - Daily Caller
The Republican chairmen of the House Oversight and House Judiciary Committees laid out the case for perjury charges against Hillary Clinton in a letter sent to the U.S. Attorney in Washington, D.C. on Monday.
Utah Rep. Jason Chaffetz and Virginia Rep. Bob Goodlatte, the chairs of Oversight and Judiciary, respectively, say that Clinton may have violated 18 U.S.C. § 1621 and § 1001, federal laws which govern perjury and false statements, respectively, during her Oct. 22, 2015 testimony in front of the House Select Committee on Benghazi.
In a letter to U.S. Attorney Channing Phillips, the lawmakers point to four inconsistent statements Clinton made regarding her private email system during that hearing.
"Although there may be other aspects of Secretary Clinton's sworn testimony that are at odds with the FBI's findings, her testimony in those four areas bears specific scrutiny in light of the facts and evidence FBI Director James Comey described in his public statement on July 5, 2016 and in testimony before the Committee on Oversight and Government Reform on July 7, 2016," reads the Chaffetz/Goodlatte letter. (Read more)
- Lord God, we thank You that You are in control of this ongoing matter regarding Ms. Clinton's illegal use of her private email server, and of the messages that were then released to the eyes of our enemies. We thank You for the dedication of this Committee to leave no stone unturned until all lies are brought to light and truth and justice prevail. In Your name, amen.
- "For we cannot do anything against the truth, but only for the truth."
(2 Corinthians 13:8)
8. Germany's Migrant Rape Crisis Spirals Out of Control - Breaking Israel News
Sexual violence in Germany has reached epidemic proportions since Chancellor Angela Merkel allowed into the country more than one million mostly male migrants from Africa, Asia and the Middle East.
Gatestone Institute first reported Germany's migrant rape crisis in September 2015, when Merkel opened up the German border to tens of thousands of migrants stranded in Hungary. . .
Germany's migrant rape crisis has now spread to cities and towns in all 16 of Germany's federal states. Germany is effectively under siege; public spaces are becoming increasingly perilous. Police have warned about a potential breakdown of public order this summer, when young male migrants are likely to see women lightly dressed. (Read more)
- Father and Savior, we pray for these abused women and girls to be made whole through relationship with You. Protect them from these evil men.
- "Come near and rescue me; deliver me because of my foes. You know how I am scorned, disgraced and shamed; all my enemies are before you." (Psalm 69:18-19)
9. Gotcha! Juncker's secret plans to dictate to EU nations revealed - express.co.uk
AN EU Commission stealth plan to dictate to member Governments how they should run their countries has been unearthed by Express.co.uk. Juncker's plans are being presented as a charter on social rights - but what they actually do is dictate wage structures and employment conditions Europe-wide. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we are grateful You moved upon Your people in Britain to repent and call upon Your Name to deliver them from the European Union, and miraculously You allowed Brexit. We ask now, Lord, that You would move upon Your people throughout Europe, to repent and reject this "European pillar of social rights". Restore their nations and their freedoms, we pray, amen.
- "The righteous will rejoice in the Lord and take refuge in him; all the upright in heart will glory in him!" (Psalm 64:10)
[For further reflection and intercession, please consider the whole of Psalm 64.]
10. US 'welcomes' Russian-Turkish cooperation against IS - Times of Israel
The United States on Thursday tentatively welcomed possible Turkish-Russian cooperation against jihadists in Syria, as Ankara has proposed to Moscow, even if those countries support opposing camps there.
We remain in close contact with our Turkish allies and our partners in the fight against Daesh," State Department spokeswoman Elizabeth Trudeau said, using another name for the Islamic State group.
Working against the jihadist group "is a priority for all of us," she said. "If this is truly a step in that direction, we would welcome that."
Pressed by reporters to confirm the US reaction, Trudeau said, "We've been very clear that if Russia is interested in fighting against (the IS group)," then "we would welcome that."
How that cooperation would work is unclear. Moscow is allied with President Bashar al-Assad of Syria, while Ankara has supported rebel groups seeking his overthrow in a bloody civil war. (Read more)
- Father, we pray for Your light to shine brightly in the darkness. We pray the result of this alliance between Russia and Turkey will be safety and salvation for the peoples of Syria, Iraq and Turkey.
- "And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." (Romans 8:28)
The Daily Jot
Friday, August 12, 2016
FBI confirms IS at the border, White House in denial
Despite constant denials from the "president" and his administration that the Islamic State is a threat, indications are quite the opposite. Beginning 18 months ago, The Daily Jot reported that IS operatives were setting up camp just 8 miles south of El Paso, Texas. Several sources, including the watchdog group Judicial Watch, law enforcement, and various state and government officials all confirmed that IS was operating in conjunction with the Juarez Cartel, a human and drug trafficking gang. Now Judicial Watch reports that the stories are confirmed by a captured IS operative in Ohio, even still the White House denies the presence of IS and its infiltration of the Southern US Border.
On April 15, 2015, The Daily Jot quoted Judicial Watch, "Mexican intelligence sources report that ISIS intends to exploit the railways and airport facilities in the vicinity of Santa Teresa, NM (a US port-of-entry). The sources also say that ISIS has "spotters" located in the East Potrillo Mountains of New Mexico (largely managed by the Bureau of Land Management) to assist with terrorist border crossing operations. ISIS is conducting reconnaissance of regional universities; the White Sands Missile Range; government facilities in Alamogordo, NM; Ft. Bliss; and the electrical power facilities near Anapra and Chaparral, NM." Fast forward to today.
Amidst White House denials of IS at the border, there is an arrest in Ohio. 35 year old Erick Jamal Hendricks was arrested last week and charged with conspiring to provide material support to the Islamic state. The Department of Justice (DOJ) says in its complaint that Hendricks created a sleeper cell with at least ten members, and that some of his jihadist "brothers" are just south of the US border in Mexico. The compaint says Hendricks tried to "recruit people to train together and conduct terrorist attacks in the United States." One of those recruits confirmed that IS had people across the border in Mexico and they were likely connected to the Garland, Texas terrorist attack in May 2015.
Some 18 days after Judicial Watch exposed, and The Daily Jot reported, that there was an IS terrorist cell 8 miles from the US border, the Garland, Texas attack occurred. Now a DOJ arrest and affadavit confirms a connection between IS in Mexico and this terrorist attack in the US. But the White House is still in denial. The "president" and the current Democratic candidate for President, Hillary Clinton, both are on the same page when it comes to immigration, border security and the Islamic State. Why are these leaders intent on denying that IS is using Mexico as a staging ground for attacks in the US? Will Clinton protect our national security? As Jesus said in Matthew 24:4, "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
> > > A note from CHPP:
We trust that these Daily Jots are as big a blessing to all of you out there as it is to us, amen!
At this time, Bill Wilson could use your support so that the Jot can continue to be published every day. If the Lord so puts it on your heart to assist them, you can make a tax-exempt donation securely online by going here.
If you wish to do so by mail, please send your offering to:
The Daily Jot
5257 Buckeystown Pike #314
Frederick, Md. 21704
A note from Bill Wilson:
"We greatly appreciate your prayers and action to help keep the Jot going and our outreach effective. Thank you again for your heartfelt consideration. It is greatly appreciated."
Our Weekly Bible Study
Our Weekly Bible Study:
Week of Sunday, August 14 - Saturday, August 20
> > > To read the "One Year Bible" weekly letter, go here.
> > > To read the Shabbat Torah readings, go here.
More Daily Features
PRAISE HIM! PRAISE HIM!
"I will praise the Lord all my life; I will sing praise to my God
as long as I live." (Psalm 146:2)
Praise Him! Praise Him! Jesus, our blessèd Redeemer! Sing, O Earth, His wonderful love proclaim! Hail Him! hail Him! highest archangels in glory; Strength and honor give to His holy Name! Like a shepherd, Jesus will guard His children, In His arms He carries them all day long:
Praise Him! Praise Him!
Tell of His excellent greatness.
Praise Him! Praise Him!
Ever in joyful song!
Praise Him! Praise Him! Jesus, our blessèd Redeemer! For our sins He suffered, and bled, and died. He our Rock, our hope of eternal salvation, Hail Him! hail Him! Jesus the Crucified. Sound His praises! Jesus who bore our sorrows, Love unbounded, wonderful, deep and strong.
Praise Him! Praise Him! Jesus, our blessèd Redeemer! Heav'nly portals loud with hosannas ring! Jesus, Savior, reigneth forever and ever. Crown Him! Crown Him! Prophet, and Priest, and King! Christ is coming! over the world victorious, Pow'r and glory unto the Lord belong.
Please go here.
About the Author:
Words: Fanny Crosby, 1869
Music: Chester G. Allen
Signs and Wonders
The entire continent of Australia has shifted - and it's causing problems for GPS systems
Australia might not be as far away as it used to be because the entire continent has moved 1.5 meters (4.9 feet) since 1994, according to Reuters.
How did this happen? Tectonic shifts are the reason. The Australian tectonic plate is the fastest moving continental plate on Earth. Scientists believe that it split from the Indo-Australian plate approximately three million years ago, and today, it is moving 7 centimeters (2.8 inches) northwards and slightly eastwards every year, colliding into the Pacific Plate on its journey. This drags the landmass of the continent just a little bit closer to the equator every year.
As the pressure between the Pacific and Australian plates builds and builds, earthquakes will most likely result.
While five feet doesn't seem like a whole lot, it is still enough to disrupt global navigation satellite systems - which were and still are based on Australia's position in 1994 - putting the continent out of sync. This affects not only the GPS maps on smartphones, but also delivery drones, farmers, meteorologists, and even automated cars. (Yahoo.com) Read more here.
"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea." (Luke 21:25)
Election 2016: Prayer Resources
Election 2016: Prayer Resources
"Choose some wise, understanding and respected men from each of your tribes, and I will set them over you." (Deuteronomy 1:13)
> > > Please find below the Election Prayer Resources that have been recently added to our list. To view the archive section, go here.
To view our recently archived articles, go here.
To view the most recently archived resources, go here.
Join Our Prayer Canopy!
Join Our Prayer Canopy!
"So the nations will fear the name of the Lord And all the kings of the earth Your glory." (Psalm 102:15)
God is using His people to build a Canopy of Prayer across our nation, to stand in the gap before His Throne of Grace in repentance for our personal and national sins; and to pray against all enemies, foreign and domestic.
We meet at 7:00 p.m. EDT, Monday through Friday, in an "open forum." We have no set agenda, but to seek Him daily for the burdens of His heart, and to pray them through . . .
All are welcome to join us in this exciting new venture!
We meet every evening, Monday through Friday
Time: 7:00 p.m. EDT/6:00 p.m.CDT/5:00 p.m.MDT/4:00 p.m. PDT
Conference number: 605-562-3140
Access Code: 290787#
You can learn more about the history of Capitol Hill Prayer Partners, as well as how Abba has now birthed our Prayer Canopy, by going here.