CHPP Daily Brief: "Praying for All in Authority" Monday, August 22, 2016
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Monday, August 22, 2016
"Standing Together in the Kingdom of God . . .
Under the Cross of Christ"
"Because he has loved Me, therefore I will deliver him; I will set him securely on high, because he has known My name." (Psalm 91:4)
Pray for Baton Rouge
Israel in Focus
1. Foreign Ministry bans contact between diplomats, local press - Times of Israel
Foreign Ministry Director-General Dore Gold on Thursday prohibited all Israeli diplomats from speaking with Israeli press, in an apparent effort to clamp down on leaks.
The prohibition came after Haaretz reported earlier in the day that Arab states were planning, during the upcoming general conference of the International Atomic Energy Agency in September, to refrain from an annual vote on monitoring Israel's nuclear program.
The information was leaked to Haaretz by Foreign Ministry officials, who put the development down to the recent warming of ties between Israel and Egypt. (Read more)
2. Gaza militant rocket hits Israel, Israel responds with air strikes, shells - Reuters
Palestinian militants in the Gaza Strip launched a rocket that landed in the Israeli border town of Sderot on Sunday and Israeli aircraft and tanks responded by shelling the Gaza town of Beit Hanoun, the army and police said.
The rocket caused no injuries or damage in Sderot, where it landed in a residential area, police said.
An Israeli shell during an initial retaliation damaged a Beit Hanoun water tower and there were no casualties, local residents said. (Read more)
3. Hezbollah Threatens to Invade Israel, Destroy Jewish State - Israel Today
A top Hezbollah leader this month said that the Lebanese terrorist militia is now capable of not only firing missiles at Israel, but can also launch a ground invasion of the Jewish state.
"Israel is closer than ever before to its demise," Lebanese cleric Hashem Safieddine, head of Hezbollah's Executive Council, said in an interview with Mayadeen TV.
Asked by the host if Hezbollah had the capability of waging a ground war on Israeli soil, Safieddine insisted that it did. (Read more)
4. Hamas blames Israel for Gaza escalation - Israel National News
Hamas on Sunday night blamed Israel for the latest escalation in Gaza, after Israeli aircraft launched several airstrikes on terrorist infrastructures in Gaza.
The airstrikes were a response to a rocket attack from Gaza on the city of Sderot.
Hamas spokesman Sami Abu Zuhri said, in comments quoted by Reuters, "We hold (Israel) responsible for the escalation in the Gaza Strip and we stress that its aggression will not succeed in breaking the will of our people and dictate terms to the resistance." (Read more)
5. Israel doubles sale of goods, services to UN institutions - Times of Israel
Over the past two years, Israel has more than doubled its sale of services and products to the United Nations and its branches, the country's UN mission said.
A recent report released by the United Nations shows it acquired goods and services from Israel totaling $91.8 million in 2015 - a significant increase from 2014's total of $69.8 million and more then double the 2013 level of $45 million.
Last year's total places Israel fortieth out of the 193 member-states in terms of procurement from the United Nations, which purchases goods and services worth more than $15 billion annually. (Read more)
6. Hebrew Nation News: Weekly Report
To read this report, please go here.
7. Bridges for Peace: Weekly Prayer Update
To read this report, please go here.
The Daily Brief
Every prayer below is presented to our Lord in the Name of Jesus Christ, amen.
1. Wedding Joy Turns to Horror as Terror Bombing Leaves 50 Dead in Turkey - Breaking Israel News
Wedding festivities turned into horrific scenes of horror and bloodshed in southern Turkey on Saturday night, where a terror bombing attack on an outdoor wedding celebration left 50 dead and 94 injured.
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said on Sunday that the Islamic State (ISIS) was the "likely perpetrator", though it has not been officially confirmed. No one has yet taken credit for the attack, which is thought to have been a suicide bombing.
Deputy Prime Minister Mehmet Simsek called the attack "a massacre of unprecedented cruelty and barbarism." (Read more)
- Lord God, today's news out of Turkey is now even more horrific, as it has been revealed that the suicide bomber who committed this terror attack was a child, only 12 years old. We are without words at this horror, so we lift up prayers in the spirit, asking You to heal the wounded, comfort those who grieve, and ease the trauma of this event. Lord, let this barbarism stop, in Your name, amen.
- "In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans." (Romans 8:26)
2. Obama irks La. flood victims with memo warning them not to discriminate - Washington Times
President Obama has refused so far to survey the Louisiana flood disaster, but he did let state and local officials know that he's watching to make sure they don't engage in racial discrimination. In a 16-page guidance issued Tuesday, the Obama administration, led by the Justice Department, warned Louisiana recipients of federal disaster assistance against engaging in "unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, or national origin (including limited English proficiency)." The guidance's frameworks "highlight the importance of complying with nondiscrimination requirements of civil rights statutes, addressing the needs of the whole community, and ensuring equal opportunity to access recovery efforts."
Needless to say, some Louisiana residents were offended, including the American Conservative's Rod Dreher, who took umbrage at receiving an anti-discrimination lecture from Washington, D.C., as locals struggle to rescue, house and feed their neighbors. "[E]verywhere you look you can find black folks and white folks loving on each other, helping each other through this crisis," Mr. Dreher said in a Thursday post. He referred to the guidance as a "long bureaucratic memo" issued by the "Department of Justice and many other agencies of the executive branch overseen by He Who Cannot Be Troubled to Leave Martha's Vineyard." (Read more)
- Father God, the President of the U.S. has evidently never been through a flood in Louisiana, because in reality, is no discrimination (black, white, or other) in this state. These victims are family, friends, volunteers, and others who worked together trying to survive the loss of lives, homes that held many memories and personal property. Everyone helps each other.
The people of Louisiana do not need lectures on discrimination or other criticism, but they do need assistance and encouragement. Lord, Your Hand is upon all of the residents in the flooded areas. Let the recovery be quick and let rebuilding begin. May the families that have lost loved ones find comfort in You. As lives are restored may You be praised with thanksgiving. In Your name, Amen.
- "It is God who arms me with strength, And makes my way perfect." (Psalm 18:32)
"Thus says the Lord, who makes a way in the sea And a path through the mighty waters." (Isaiah 43:16)
3. Obama's Plan to Give Gov't Control of Website Naming to Private Group Is 'Dangerous,' Franklin Graham Says - Christian Post
Evangelist Franklin Graham is calling President Barack Obama's decision for the United States to relinquish government control of a key component of the Internet to a private organization "dangerous" and "a shame."
Writing on his Facebook page Thursday, Graham said of the Obama administration's move to turn over government control of the Domain Naming System (DNS) to a private international organization based in California: "This isn't smart. It's another dangerous decision in a long line of bad policy moves by our government. This could potentially weaken our country and allow others access that could bring us harm."
The transfer is set to occur on October 1 and some conservative groups, although not opposed in principle like Graham, still argue that it is a subversion of congressional authority. TechFreedom president Berin Szóka said Tuesday that the move is "a deliberate affront to Congress. Doing something Congress expressly told the NTIA not to do is dangerously erosive of the rule of law and the Constitution's separation of powers," he said in press release on his website. (Read more)
- Dear God, have mercy on the United States. Giving control of our DNS system to an international organization, private or not, is ludicrous. Too much power has already been handed over to other countries, while our fellow countrymen struggle to provide the American dream for their families. You, oh Lord, are the only Hand that will stop this President's policy of giving-it-all away to other nations while ignoring the needs of our own country. Thank You for hearing our prayers, in Your name, amen.
- "For the Lord has driven out from before you great and strong nations; but as for you, no one has been able to stand against you to this day." (Joshua 22:9)
4. Clinton Avoids Deposition But Must Still Answer E-Mail Questions - Bloomberg
Hillary Clinton won a U.S. court order denying a conservative watchdog group's bid to force her to submit to questioning under oath about her use of a private e-mail server while secretary of state, but she'll need to answer at least some of those queries in writing.
U.S. District Judge Emmet Sullivan on Friday set an Oct. 14 deadline for Judicial Watch to submit its questions to the Democratic presidential nominee, meaning her replies may not come until after the Nov. 8 election. Judicial Watch said it will act quickly, signaling Clinton's answers may arrive in the final weeks of the campaign.
The judge concluded Clinton's testimony was necessary to explain the purpose of the private e-mail system, but that an in-person deposition wasn't needed to do so. He ordered the organization to "propound questions that are relevant to Secretary Clinton's unique firsthand knowledge" of the system and of her department's FOIA processing practices. (Read more)
- Lord God, we ask for justice to be rendered in this case of Mrs. Clinton's emails. We thank You for this verdict rendered by Judge Emmet Sullivan and we ask for clear and forthright testimony to be given now by Mrs. Clinton in response. Thank You, Lord, in Your Name, amen.
- "For the upright will live in the land And the blameless will remain in it; But the wicked will be cut off from the land And the treacherous will be uprooted from it." (Proverbs 2:21,22)
5. U.S. Army fudged its accounts by trillions of dollars, auditor finds - Reuters
The United States Army's finances are so jumbled it had to make trillions of dollars of improper accounting adjustments to create an illusion that its books are balanced. The Defense Department's Inspector General, in a June report, said the Army made $2.8 trillion in wrongful adjustments to accounting entries in one quarter alone in 2015, and $6.5 trillion for the year. Yet the Army lacked receipts and invoices to support those numbers or simply made them up.
As a result, the Army's financial statements for 2015 were "materially misstated," the report concluded. The "forced" adjustments rendered the statements useless because "DoD and Army managers could not rely on the data in their accounting systems when making management and resource decisions." Disclosure of the Army's manipulation of numbers is the latest example of the severe accounting problems plaguing the Defense Department for decades. (Read more)
- Lord Jesus, where is Your truth in our nation? We pray repentance for our land. Men's greed and lying to better themselves is not Your way. Please bring righteousness to the United States that we may turn from our evil ways and worship You, our one true God. Lord, don't let the evil ways of those in charge of Army finances cause any financial hardship to be upon our enlisted personnel or veterans In Your precious name.
- "A man's heart plans his way, But the Lord directs his steps." (Proverbs 16:9)
"All the ways of a man are clean in his own sight, But the LORD weighs the motives." (Proverbs 16:2)
6. Air Force beefs up Guam fleet with nuke-ready bombers - Fox News
In a strong and unmistakable signal to North Korea and China, the U.S. Air Force has deployed three types of strategic bombers capable of carrying nukes to its base on Guam.
A senior defense officials told Fox News the B-1, B-2 and B-52 bombers are together for the first time in the Pacific. The muscling up comes after China's recent rejection of an international tribunal saying its claims to the South China Sea, where it has constructed artifical islands, are not valid.
China responded to the ruling by launching fighter jets. Satellite photos show new hangers on its contested islands in the South China Sea. In addition, North Korea recently launched a ballistic missile that traveled more than 600 miles into Japanese waters.
The U.S. Strategic Command (STRATCOM) stations nuclear-capable bombers in the Pacific to deter aggression in the region. But sending all three powerful bombers on Andersen Air Force Base in Guam represents a major escalation.
"This mission demonstrated the U.S. commitment to supporting global security and our ability to launch a credible strategic defense force," Brig. Gen. Douglas Cox, the 36th Wing commander said of recent exercises involving the bombers in an Air Force statement. (Read more)
- Lord God, we know that it is written that "there is a time for war." We ask that that time be only in the center and the set boundary of Your will, and not set by man. As Your watchmen on the wall, we ask for an extra measure of grace to be able to stand watch over all events in the South China Sea, as well as those half way around the world in the Middle East. Thank You, Lord, amen.
- "There is . . . a time for war and a time for peace . . ." (Ecclesiastes 3:8)
7. Why Russia has advanced strike fighters at an air base in Iran - Washington Post
Russian bombers launched a third day of air strikes against militants in Syria from an Iranian air base, the Russian defense ministry said on Thursday.
Three days after Russian long-range bombers struck targets in Syria after launching from an air base in Iran, new satellite imagery of the base suggests that Russia could maintain a small presence there for the near future.
The images, distributed by the open-source intelligence site Stratfor, shows four Su-34 strike fighters, and what appears to be accompanying support equipment, adjacent to the Hamedan Air Base's tarmac on Wednesday. The Su-34s' enduring presence at the base follows the temporary arrival and departure of several Russian Tu-22M3 strategic bombers that used the air base earlier in the week as a staging point to bomb targets in eastern Syria.
Using Hamedan as a staging point for the bombers would allow them to carry more munitions into the fight. When flying from Russia, the aircraft would have to compensate for the longer range by loading up more fuel instead of more weapons and ammunition. By taking off or refueling in Iran, the shorter distance between Hamedan and, say, eastern Syria, would allow the bombers to a carry a much larger payload, subsequently giving them more time over their targets and the ability to strike more of them. (Read more)
- Father God, as we witness the Russians using Iranian military bases for their own purposes, we do see war on the horizon. Once again, we ask that, if war breaks out in or with Russia, that this would be only in Your timing. We ask Your wisdom for our own military leaders as they weigh how to respond to these reports, in Your name, amen.
- "But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him." (James 1:5)
8. Aerial close encounter between US, Syrian jets - CNN
Two American F-22s on patrol over Hasakah, Syria, flew within a mile of two Syrian Su-24 fighter jets and "encouraged" them to leave Friday, a US defense official told CNN.
The close encounter comes only a day after two Syrian warplanes attacked the Kurds, a key US ally, forcing US special operations forces to be withdrawn from their position in northern Syria.
The American aircraft are part of the beefed-up US air combat patrols in the area that the Pentagon had announced following Thursday's attack. The pilots of the F-22 Raptors tried to call the Syrian aircraft cockpit-to-cockpit but got no response, the US official added.
US defense officials had told CNN earlier that the military had pulled US special operations forces from their northern Syria position after the Syrian military began bombing nearby, attacking Kurdish positions in and around the city of Hasakah. (Read more)
- Lord God, the closer we come to war, the more closely we draw unto You for safety and protection. We thank You that no fighter pilots were killed in this incident (American or Russian), but we do see this event as another warning that we, as Your watchmen, must remain vigilant in monitoring news from that region. We place the Blood of the Lamb over every jet and warship now positioned in this region, and we ask that only Your will be done there in the days ahead. In Your name, amen.
- "Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth, as it is in heaven." (Matthew 6:10)
9. 'They are questioning OUR LAWS' French presidential hopeful in fierce attack on Islam - Express UK
French presidential candidate Bruno Le Maire has claimed that he is the man to restore order and give terrified French people "clarity and strength". Le Maire thinks he is the man to tackle Islam radicalization. The conservative politician is hoping to win the Republican party's presidential nomination before the elections next year.
According to the political news website, Politico, the former agriculture minister wants France to protect its culture, combat political Islam and lock up potential terrorists before they strike.
In an interview with newspaper Nice Matin, in response to the Islamic State attacks in the city last month, Mr Le Maire said: "We need to do everything to make sure that this does not happen again. "This Islam politics is not slowing down, they are questioning our laws, our habits and customs, they are trying to bring in religious rules against the rules of the Republic. (Read more)
- Abba Father, thank You for the opening of the eyes, ears, and minds of the French. They are coming to the realization that they need to make changes in their country to protect their culture and protect themselves from Islam and from Sharia law. Hallelujah! Guide them in the direction You would have them go to be successful in their plans for the good of France. In Your Name we pray, amen.
- "For the Lord gives wisdom; From His mouth come knowledge and understanding. He stores up sound wisdom for the upright; He is a shield to those who walk in integrity, Guarding the paths of justice, And He preserves the way of His godly ones. Then you will discern righteousness and justice And equity and every good course." (Proverbs 2:6-9)
10. Turkish parliament approves Israel reconciliation deal - TImes of Israel
Turkey's parliament has ratified a reconciliation deal reached with Israel last month, ending a six-year rift and paving the way for the restoration of full diplomatic ties.
Relations between the former allies imploded in 2010 following an Israeli naval raid on a Turkish aid ship trying to breach Israel's blockade of the Hamas-controlled Gaza Strip. The raid left 10 Turks dead and several IDF soldiers wounded.
Under the terms of the reconciliation agreement, Israel will pay a "lump sum" of $20 million in compensation to the victims within 25 days.
Individual Israeli nationals also would not be held criminally or financially liable for the incident. Israel had already offered compensation and an apology over the raid several years ago, but with the agreement it also eased slightly its part in the blockade of the Hamas-ruled Gaza Strip, transferring humanitarian aid from Ankara through Israel's border crossings with the Strip.
The Israeli Cabinet has already approved the deal. (Read more)
- Father God, we well remember this incident, which took place several years ago, because we prayed much for Israel to not be held accountable for her actions because, in reality, her sailors were ambushed by the Turks who waited inside this vessel. We thank You that now, several years later, this agreement has been reached, and relations between Israel and Turkey are, for the moment, calm. Thank You, God, for protecting Your people, Israel, in Your name. Amen.
- "Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they shall prosper that love thee." (Psalm 122:6)
The Daily Jot
Friday, August 19, 2016
Truth and the New American Future
There are so many Christians, some are readers of The Daily Jot, who despise Republican Presidential nominee Donald Trump. I have stated repeatedly, and I will do so once more, that a vote for a third party candidate or a non-vote in this election is a vote for Democratic Party nominee Hillary Clinton. It's not about the lesser of two evils. It's about a vision for America. One of those visions we have seen very clearly. It is one of victimization, class struggle, socialism, and godlessness. The other vision we have not seen play out, but there is hope in the platform, the on-record statements regarding policies, and commitment to take our nation away from the Islamic Marxist path of the past eight years.
People rightly say that Trump needs to filter how he says things. In a recent speech this is what Trump said about his mouth: "As you know, I am not a politician. I have worked in business, creating jobs and rebuilding neighborhoods my entire adult life. I've never wanted to learn the language of the insiders, and I've never been politically correct - it takes far too much time, and can often make more difficult. Sometimes, in the heat of debate and speaking on a multitude of issues, you don't choose the right words or you say the wrong thing. I have done that, and I regret it, particularly where it may have caused personal pain. Too much is at stake for us to be consumed with these issues."
These are things that past experience with Hillary Clinton tells us will never happen with her or her party's platform. It is wired differently. Some will say that they don't believe Trump; that he is a phony blowhard. The problem here is that Trump is saying the right things. Clinton is not. What is the best choice for America? A third party is not going to win. The winner will shape the New American Future, probably for the next 50 years or more with all the Supreme Court appointees that will occur. Exodus 18:21 says we should select leaders "out of all the people able men, such as fear God, men of truth, hating covetousness." You will need to discern which best fits this description. Pray, discern, act. Don't get mad at me. I'm just the messenger.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Our Weekly Bible Study
Our Weekly Bible Study:
Week of Sunday, August 21 - Saturday, August 27
> > > To read the "One Year Bible" weekly letter, go here.
> > > To read the Shabbat Torah readings, go here.
More Daily Features
The Persecuted Church:
Christians in Nepal Attacked for Trying to Help Others
Eight Christians are still awaiting the outcome of their trial, after they became the first people to be charged under Nepal's new rules on religious freedom. Their crime? Distributing pamphlets about Jesus during a trauma seminar in a Christian school, following last year's devastating earthquake.
But they are not the only Christians to suffer repercussions following their efforts to provide support. World Watch Monitor visited Champi village, near Kathmandu, to meet a group of Christians attacked in the days that followed, as they tried to distribute corrugated metal sheets to villagers. (World Watch Monitor) Read more.
ARE YOU WASHED IN THE BLOOD?
"They have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb." (Revelation 7:14)
Have you been to Jesus for the cleansing power? Are you washed in the blood of the Lamb? Are you fully trusting in His grace this hour? Are you washed in the blood of the Lamb?
Are you washed in the blood,
In the soul cleansing blood of the Lamb?
Are your garments spotless? Are they white as snow?
Are you washed in the blood of the Lamb?
Are you walking daily by the Savior's side? Are you washed in the blood of the Lamb? Do you rest each moment in the Crucified? Are you washed in the blood of the Lamb?
When the Bridegroom cometh will your robes be white? Are you washed in the blood of the Lamb? Will your soul be ready for the mansions bright, And be washed in the blood of the Lamb?
Lay aside the garments that are stained with sin, And be washed in the blood of the Lamb; There's a fountain flowing for the soul unclean, O be washed in the blood of the Lamb!
Please go here
About the Author:
Words and music: Elisha A. Hoffman, 1878
Signs and Wonders
The volcanoes no one has ever seen hiding in the ocean
We do not see them erupt, yet more than half of the Earth's crust can be attributed to their dramatic explosions. It sounds almost like a riddle. But when you understand the facts, the truth might be even more surprising. The remnants of hundreds of thousands of deep-sea eruptions lie on the ocean floor, deep below the surface of the water.
"Beyond a basic understanding we know very little about these volcanic processes," says Isobel Yeo of GEOMAR's Helmholtz Institute for Ocean Research Kiel.
Despite our ignorance, almost 70% of the Earth's crust is believed to be produced at mid-ocean ridges such as the Mid-Atlantic Ridge. These are the places where tectonic plates move away from each other.
As they do so, magma can erupt into the space, forming new crust where the plates once were. These processes are so powerful that they form enormous volcanoes, similar to Iceland's 2014-2015 Bardarbunga volcano eruption.
In fact, the mid-ocean ridges form the largest volcanic systems on Earth. But as they are largely hidden from sight, they have long remained elusive. That is something Yeo hopes to change.
"We have very little idea about the frequency and style of volcanic eruptions on the seafloor, nor the detailed structure of the crust they produce, so basically we don't really know what the crust of a large part of the Earth looks like."
That is why Yeo and colleagues have been collecting detailed images of the sea floor, 700-2,000m (2,297-6,562ft) down. (BBC) Read more
The Good News Corner
Women Who Escaped ISIS Slavery Create Trained Battalion to Fight Back, Rescue Others
After two years of their people being hunted and displaced by the black-clad soldiers of ISIS, these women will not tolerate it any long.
A team of over 100 escaped Yazidi female slaves - and 500 more in training - have created a military unit known as 'The Force of the Sun Ladies' to counterattack ISIS's stronghold in Mosul.
Considered devil-worshippers by Islamic State militants, the Yazidi people's faith combine Christian, Zoroastrian, and Islamic beliefs. In 2014, over 200,000 Yazidi people were attacked by the jihadi organization and fled to refugee camps in Kurdistan.
Over 5,000 of the women and children were enslaved - but not for long.
The 600 escaped Sun Ladies - plus another 1,400 Yazidi men - plan on using their knowledge of the terrorist base to team up with Kurdish Peshmerga forces and seek revenge, as well as protect the survival of their people and free the remaining enslaved women.
"Whenever a war wages, our women end up as the victims," Captain Khatoon Khider, a member of the Sun Ladies told Fox News. "Now we are defending ourselves from the evil. We are defending all the minorities in the region. We will do whatever is asked of us." (Good News Network) Read more.
"I Need You More"- Kim Walker
Worship Him together . . . here . . .
Election 2016: Prayer Resources
Election 2016: Prayer Resources
"Choose some wise, understanding and respected men from each of your tribes, and I will set them over you." (Deuteronomy 1:13)
> > > Please find below the Election Prayer Resources that have been recently added to our list. To view the archive section, go here.
To view our recently archived articles, go here.
To view the most recently archived resources, go here.
Join Our Prayer Canopy!
Join Our Prayer Canopy!
"So the nations will fear the name of the Lord And all the kings of the earth Your glory." (Psalm 102:15)
God is using His people to build a Canopy of Prayer across our nation, to stand in the gap before His Throne of Grace in repentance for our personal and national sins; and to pray against all enemies, foreign and domestic.
We meet at 7:00 p.m. EDT, Monday through Friday, in an "open forum." We have no set agenda, but to seek Him daily for the burdens of His heart, and to pray them through . . .
All are welcome to join us in this exciting new venture!
We meet every evening, Monday through Friday
Time: 7:00 p.m. EDT/6:00 p.m.CDT/5:00 p.m.MDT/4:00 p.m. PDT
Conference number: 605-562-3140
Access Code: 290787#
You can learn more about the history of Capitol Hill Prayer Partners, as well as how Abba has now birthed our Prayer Canopy, by going here.