Terror Attack in Tel Aviv.
See below for details.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Wednesday, June 8, 2016
"Standing Together in the Kingdom of God . . .
Under the Cross of Christ"
"What, then, shall we say in response to these things?
If God is for us, who can be against us?" (Romans 8:31)
BREAKING! Terror Attack in Tel Aviv
At least nine wounded in shooting at food and retail center in central Tel Aviv
Shooting occurred at Sarona Market, a food and retail center in central Tel Aviv. This is a developing story. . . .
At least nine people were wounded in a shooting at Sarona Market, an upscale food and retail center in central Tel Aviv, in a suspected terror attack.
One female is currently in critical condition, two are wounded in serious condition and six are in various medial conditions. At least seven of the wounded, many of whom are in serious condition, have been evacuated to the nearby Ichilov Hospital.
According to initial reports, at least armed man opened fire at passersby. Several casualties are being treated at the scene, and police forces are combing the area searching for at least one shooter. (Haaretz) Read more.
- Father we pray for those who are wounded, that they survive. Lord God, we ask that all perpetrators of these vicious attacks be apprehended and dealt with by Your Hand of justice. We ask for accurate reporting by the media and for Your people to ARISE and to confront this evil, in prayer. In Your Name, amen.
- "O Lord God, to whom vengeance belongs- O God, to whom vengeance belongs, shine forth! Rise up, O Judge of the earth; Render punishment to the proud." (Psalm 94:1,2)
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. Christians renovate Christ's tomb in Jerusalem together in sign of unity - The Telegraph
A team of experts began a historic renovation on Monday at the spot where Christians believe Jesus was buried, overcoming longstanding religious rivalries to carry out the first repairs at the site in more than 200 years.
The project is focused on repairing, reinforcing and preserving the Edicule - the ancient chamber housing Jesus' tomb in Jerusalem's Church of the Holy Sepulchre. It is the first such work at the tomb since 1810, when the shrine was restored and given its current shape following a fire. (Read more)
2. US Army selects Israel Military Industries for APC active protection system - Jerusalem Post
The US Army has chosen Israel Military Industries to provide it with an active protection system for its armored personnel carriers in a dramatic development for Israel's defense export market.
The system will be installed on APC rooftops.
It will use a combination of a radar and an electro-optical sensor to detect and intercept a range of incoming missiles and rocket-propelled grenades, IMI corporate vice president of marketing Avinoam Zafir told The Jerusalem Post on Monday.
In an official statement, IMI said the US Army "selected our Iron Fist-based Active Protection System technologies," as part of its "Modular Active Protection Systems." (Read more)
3. Report: Move to End Security Coordination With Israel Exposes Fear Among Palestinian Leaders - Algemeiner
The recent decisions by the PLO Central Council and PLO Executive Committee to end security coordination with Israel have ignited significant controversy within Palestinian society, according to a report published on Monday by the Middle East Media Research Institute (MEMRI).
Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas, the report said, has not implemented the decisions. In his only comment on the matter, he said that Palestinian leaders would continue "to implement the directives of the PLO Executive Committee to limit relations with Israel in accordance with [Israel's] degree of commitment to the signed agreements."
However, according to the report, a number of prominent Palestinians have expressed strong criticism of the potential severing of security ties with Israel. Former Nablus Mayor Ghassan Al-Shak'a, for example, said such a move would harm the Palestinian people. "[I maintain that] we kid ourselves when we say we are able to boycott Israel or sever our relations with it, especially in the two domains of security and economy, which are fundamental to the lives of the Palestinian people and the residents of the occupied West Bank," Shak'a stated. (Read more)
4. Israel 'keeps the status quo on the Temple Mount,' Netanyahu assures Muslims on Ramadan eve - Jerusalem Post
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu attempted to thwart any attempt to use the Temple Mount to spark violence during the Ramadan holiday by assuring Muslims that no changes had been made to the Al-Haram Al-Sharif compound there.
'I want to clarify, we strictly keep to the status quo on the Temple Mount," said Netanyahu of the al-Aksa Mosque and the Dome of the Rock that are the third holiest sites for Islam.
That compound is under the control of the Islamic Wakf and only Muslims are allowed to pray there, but others including Jews can visit.
"To my sorrow, this year again extremist elements are trying to stir up tensions in Jerusalem and the Temple Mount. (Read more)
5. In north, Liberman warns Israel's enemies 'not to test us' - Times of Israel
Israel's enemies should not "test us," Defense Minister Avigdor Liberman said Tuesday as he met with senior Israel Defense Forces officials to assess the Northern Command's preparedness for threats from Lebanon and Syria and to get a better general understanding of the army.
During his visit, the newly installed Liberman spoke with IDF Chief of Staff Gadi Eisenkot; the head of the Northern Command, Aviv Kochavi; Maj. Gen. Tamir Hayman; and Maj. Gen. Yossi Bachar.
I heard reviews of the area, which is an area that is always sensitive, and I can say that our northern border is in good and safe hands," Liberman said. (Read more)
The Daily Brief
1. AP count: Clinton has delegates to win Democratic nomination - AP
Striding into history, Hillary Clinton will become the first woman to top the presidential ticket of a major U.S. political party, capturing commitments Monday from the number of delegates needed to win the Democratic nomination. Clinton's rise to presumptive nominee arrived nearly eight years to the day after she conceded her first White House campaign to Barack Obama. Back then, she famously noted her inability to "shatter that highest, hardest glass ceiling." (Read more)
- Lord, the political situation in this country seems to be very divisive, and difficult, without clear "winners" of the will of the people. It is no surprise that Hillary Clinton has finally secured her party's nomination, although not without controversy. She is now the "presumptive" candidate for the Democrats, as Trump seems to be the "presumptive" candidate of the Republicans . . . both lacking the usual excitement of the voters. We ask Lord, that You would be involved in these upcoming conventions, as they officially choose their candidates and "platform" of what they represent. Lord, have mercy on our nation, we pray! Amen!
- "Be sure to appoint over you the king the Lord your God chooses. He/she must be one of your own people. Do not appoint as your kind a foreigner." (Deuteronomy 17:15)
2. Heated election, violent protests creating a challenge for Secret Service agents - Sinclair Broadcast Group
American voters and pundits say they've never seen a presidential campaign quite like this. With five months to go before the general election, violence is breaking out at an alarming rate at presidential campaign rallies. Dr. Tyrone Powers and Dan Bongino are two Secret Service experts who say that when it comes to safety, this presidential race is already taxing those men and women protecting the candidates.
The right to free speech became a free-for-all before a Donald Trump rally in San Jose, California, on June 2. Police in full riot gear advanced on angry protestors and broke up street fights. Hats and flags were set on fire. One woman was pelted by eggs. Several arrests were made. "It's a major drain on Secret Service manpower," said Dr. Powers. "Everyone is being called in to deal with the different types of threats they're facing. (Read more)
- Lord, as lawlessness increases in our society, it seems we have regressed into physically fighting like children, instead of constructive exchange of ideas verbally. We thank You for our First Amendment right to free speech, which is intended to foster debate, not to turn into a "slug fest". Lord, we sympathize with the Secret Service agents who are trying to bring order out of chaos, and to protect the candidates from harm. We ask for wisdom for them, and power to defuse the situation. May cooler heads prevail. Protect all from harm, we pray, in Your Name, Amen.
- "Let all things be done decently and in order." (I Corinthians 14:40)
3. If Washington, D.C. had to evacuate, would you know what to do? Homeland Security says you need a plan - Fox5DC
If there were a natural disaster or a terrorist attack in DC, how would you get out of the city? It's a good question, and if you don't already have an evacuation plan in place, DC Homeland Security officials say you should make one.
Just as Metro embarks on its year-long SafeTrack program and repairs that will impact service system-wide, emergency officials say an evacuation crisis could erupt if the city doesn't adjust its current plans to move people safely out of harm's way in the event of an emergency. The city feels that the plan they have in place is a good one, but they're worried that residents and those who work in the city might not be considering the difference that Metro's construction plan, complete with service interruptions and closures, could have on their plans to get out fast if necessary.
Since SafeTrack launched last Saturday, DC's Homeland Security and Emergency Management Command Center has been monitoring Metro and area roads. If a natural disaster or terrorist attack occurred in the city, evacuation routes would face a crush of vehicles, since Metro's maintenance plan is underway. (Read more)
- Lord God, these warnings continue to be issued by not only Homeland Security but (as noted on our Brief on Monday) by the President himself. Lord, what do they know that we do not know?
We lean on the unction of Your Spirit to direct our paths, and to tell us when and if we will need to evacuate our homes, for any number of reasons. Thank You, Lord, that You do speak to Your people, in Your name, amen.
- "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me." (John 10:27)
"Surely the Sovereign LORD does nothing without revealing his plan to his servants the prophets." (Amos 3:7)
4. U.S.: Chinese jet makes 'unsafe' intercept of Air Force plane - CNN
A U.S. Air Force RC-135 reconnaissance aircraft flying Tuesday in international airspace over the East China Sea was intercepted in an "unsafe manner" by a Chinese J-10 fighter jet, several defense officials tell CNN.
The Chinese jet was never closer than 100 feet to the U.S. aircraft, but it flew with a "high rate of speed as it closed in" on the U.S. aircraft, one official said. Because of that high speed, and the fact it was flying at the same altitude as the U.S. plane, the intercept is defined as unsafe.
The officials did not know if the U.S. plane took any evasive action to avoid the Chinese aircraft or at what point the J-10 broke away. It is also not yet clear if the U.S. will diplomatically protest the incident. (Read more)
- Father, we thank You that no one was hurt during this incident with China. We ask that these intimidating gestures by China would cease, and that calm would be restored. Give wisdom to our military in dealing with such issues, and bring true peace to this area of the world, we pray, in Jesus Name, Amen.
- "The Lord God is my strength [my source of courage, my invincible army]; He has made my feet, steady and sure like hinds' feet. And makes me walk forward with spiritual confidence on my high places of challenge and responsibility." (Habakkuk 3:19)
5. U.S. 'dangerously' miscalculating China's military goals and capabilities, analysts warn - Washington Times
As Washington and Beijing spar in a dangerous game of one-upmanship to determine who will control the strategically critical waterways of the South China Sea, some defense observers and regional analysts worry that the U.S. effort will prove an exercise in futility in the long term against the full weight of China's growing military and economic prowess.
China's strategy of slowly but methodically building up military installations in the Spratly Islands, the Scarborough Shoal, the Fiery Cross Reef and other strategic points within the sea, coupled with Beijing's increasingly assertive territorial claims, has elevated tensions in Washington and unsettled U.S. allies in the region.
The White House and Pentagon have taken solace in the fact that China's military ambitions have been tempered by its commercial interests, according to a Defense Department review of the country's strategic footprint in the Asia-Pacific region.
"China still seeks to avoid direct and explicit conflict with the United States," Pentagon analysts concluded in a report issued in April. "China's leaders understand that instability or conflict would jeopardize the peaceful external environment that has enabled China's economic development." (Read more)
- Father God, as we witness the elevating tensions between China and our own nation, it seems that we are also watching a dangerous game of chess. We ask that You would speak "checkmate" to this "game," bringing an end to these tensions and restoring a relationship of peace and equanimity between our two countries. We ask this in Your name, amen.
- "If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him." (James 1:5)
6. In Russian media blitz, Netanyahu warns Israel won't let Iran open Golan front - Times of Israel
Israel will not let Iran use the Hezbollah terror group to turn the Syrian side of the Golan Heights border into a new front, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu told Russian media outlets in comments published Tuesday.
Netanyahu, who is on a two-day visit to Moscow, told the state-run Interfax news service and TASS news agency ahead of the talks that he would do everything in his power to prevent Iran from gaining a foothold in Syria, and intended to ask Russia for help in curbing the threat from Hezbollah.
"We have a red line, a boundary that we will not allow to be broken. Iran will not be allowed, using Hezbollah, to use Syrian territory to attack us and open up another terrorist front against us in the Golan," Netanyahu told TASS ahead of a meeting with Putin on Tuesday afternoon - their fourth round of talks in recent months. (Read more)
- Lord, we thank You for Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, and his strong stand on Israel's sovereignty over the Golan Heights, and all of Israel. We ask that You protect him, and continue to give him courage as he stands up to the Arab world that wish to annihilate his country. We ask You to strengthen his coalition in the Israeli knesset, to keep Israel's enemies "at bay". Continue to give him wisdom in all his affairs of state, and bless him abundantly. Amen.
- "Do not be afraid of them [or their hostile faces], For I am with you always to protect you and deliver you," says the Lord." (Jeremiah 1:8)
7. Putin: 'Relations with Israel are deep' - Ynet News
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu met with Russian President Vladimir Putin in Moscow on Tuesday afternoon to mark 25 years since the renewal of diplomatic relations between the two countries.
After the meeting, the two leaders spoke at a press conference to reflect on the relations between Israel and Russia. "The conversations with the prime minister were constructive," said President Putin. "We had a discussion on bilateral relations and about international problems. Netanyahu is visiting here to mark 25 years since the renewal of diplomatic relations between Russia and Israel and our relations are deeper. The Soviet Union was the first country to recognize Israel as an independent state in 1948. In our statement, we mentioned that in the past quarter century, our relations developed in a quick and constructive way."
Putin went on to discuss speak about plans to increase economic cooperation. "The situation in global markets is not good, and unfortunately it has adversely affected trade between our countries as well. We spoke about what more could be done to accelerate economic cooperation. I'm sure that the establishment of a free trade area between the Eurasian union and Israel will be an incentive for the development of economic relations." (Read more)
- Abba, we thank You for this desire to strengthen Israel's economy, and the willingness of President Putin to help. We ask that You give them wisdom in this area, and a spirit of cooperation. Inasmuch as Russia blesses Israel, we pray You will bless Russia in return, according to Your Word, in Your Name we pray, Amen.
- "I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you." (Genesis 12:3)
8. Netanyahu invites Russia to develop Israel's gas fields - Rt.com
"Our doors are open for every company from any country that has vast experience in the development of gas fields, including Russia, of course," said Netanyahu at a joint news conference, adding that there are no legislative barriers stopping Russian companies working in Israel. (Read more)
- Lord God, as we read this headline, we wonder You might be using Israel's gas fields to fulfill Your prophetic word that, at the set time, You will "put a hook in the jaw" of the nation to the north, bringing her down to Israel and setting up an end-time conflict. We pray in the Spirit over this news in Your name, amen and amen.
- "Thus says the Lord God, Behold, I am against you O Gog. . . . I will turn you around, put hooks into your jaws, and lead you out with all your army. . ." (Ezekiel 38:3)
9. Nato countries begin largest war game in eastern Europe since cold war - The Guardian UK
The largest war game in eastern Europe since the end of the cold war has started in Poland, as Nato and partner countries seek to mount a display of strength as a response to concerns about Russia's assertiveness and actions.
The 10-day military exercise, involving 31,000 troops and thousands of vehicles from 24 countries, has been welcomed among Nato's allies in the region, though defence experts warn that any mishap could prompt an offensive reaction from Moscow.
A defence attache at a European embassy in Warsaw said the "nightmare scenario" of the exercise, named Anaconda-2016, would be "a mishap, a miscalculation which the Russians construe, or choose to construe, as an offensive action". (Read more)
- Lord God, we ask that these "war games" would be successful, so that these nations might be prepared, should the worst occur. In Your Name, amen.
- "And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive." (Mt. 21:22)
The Daily Jot
Wednesday, June 8, 2016
The American Christian and the war against faith
Now that the primary election season has drawn to a close and the nominees for President are all but locked in, we as prophetic Christians have some considerations before us. Christians have been engaged in a war against our faith for over a generation. And for the most part, we have been witnesses--not witnesses as in standing in the gap for righteousness, but rather witnesses in the sense of watching our once Godly nation blessed by the true Liberty of the Lord dissolve into the bondage of sin in the name of humanist freedom. We have seemed too content to overlook this painful truth, and listen to the song of that sinful siren as she transforms our nation and citizens from light into darkness.
Galatians 5:1 says, "Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ has made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage." The bondage spoken herein is the bondage of satanic-driven sin from which Christ's death and resurrection freed all believers. Yet, in the name of freedom, it is the humanist sin that threatens to wrap itself around the very existence of this nation and squeeze its lifeblood. Is this the lot of Christians, engaged in a great and arduous struggle for the Liberty of Christ? Are we disposed to be among the number of those who, having eyes, see not, and, having ears, hear not, the things which so nearly concern our salvation and the eternal life of others?
Have we become a nation where the grace of God in His perfect Liberty is laid down as an excuse to become enslaved in humanistic bondage because what God judges as unrighteous, man judges as righteous? Have we become a silent kingdom of God's people, betraying our Father in Heaven with tolerance of human correctness? Are we to remain with a mouth to speak, but our words are empty and powerless because we fear man rather than God? The doctrines of men are the deceptions to freedom and the chains of bondage. If you have ears to hear, and know the truth of that Liberty which frees all, to keep silent upon it is nothing less than treason.
The Apostle Paul wrote in Ephesians 6:12, "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." We should understand that the millions of Christians, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us. There is a just God who presides over the destinies of us as a people and of the nations, and who will raise up forces to assist us in this battle. You see, the battle is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave. In the months ahead, our light needs to be strong, and powerful and fearless and courageous. Pray, yes, but also act.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Special Bulletin from IFA
HOUSE REPUBLICANS SET TO UNVEIL 2016 POLICY DIRECTIVE
For all details, go here.
Families Fight Back!
School stops enforcing Obama's trans bathroom policy after parents pulled kids out
HOWELL, Michigan, June 6, 2016 (LifeSiteNews) -- A Michigan school district has stopped the practice of allowing members of one biological sex to use the restrooms of the opposite sex after parents pulled their two sons out of elementary school over the issue.
Last week, Matt Stewart's nine-year-old son told him, "There was a girl in the boys' bathroom" with him and other male elementary kids. When Stewart called the school, the principal told him the Obama administration's federal guidance on transgender students forced them to allow transgender students in the bathrooms, locker rooms, and showers of their chosen gender, and not their biological sex. Violating the policy means losing federal funding.
Stewart talked it over with his wife, and they decided to take their sons out of Southwest Elementary School in Howell, Michigan.
Now, after publicly complaining that parents should have been consulted, Stewart says, "over the last few days they have actually changed their positions."
Howell Public Schools Superintendent Eric McGregor issued a statement saying, "At this time, we do not currently have any students using a restroom other than that designated for their biological gender, or requesting to do so." (LifeSiteNews) Read more
> > > A commentary from Gary Bauer:
Yes, sometimes even one person can make a difference! So don't ever be discouraged from speaking up. Now imagine if hundreds of angry parents showed up at school board meetings all across the country!
As I explained in an interview with LifeSiteNews, parents should not be afraid of reminding local school officials that they work for local taxpayers, not unelected bureaucrats in Washington, D.C. Moreover, it is a great opportunity, as we approach the July 4th holiday, to teach your children that fighting back against big government is as old as the American Revolution!
Prayers During Ramadan: June 6th to July5th
Today's Focus: EGYPT
Christians in Egypt are asking believers to pray Isaiah 19:21 with them:
As Muslims pray and fast during Ramadan, we pray for them.
"So the Lord will make himself known to the Egyptians, and in that day they will acknowledge the Lord. They will worship with sacrifices and grain offerings; they will make vows to the Lord and keep them." - Isaiah 19:21 (NIV)
- Pray for the Egyptian Christians who are accused of insulting religions (specifically Islam).
- Pray for improvement in the economic conditions in the country.
- Pray for the laws that are supposed to be issued and verified by the new parliament in the coming period.
- Pray for the Egyptian church to be a church of prayer and to have a vision to reach out to Muslims. Pray also for unity among the different denominations. There has been friction among the denominations, especially between the Protestant and Orthodox churches.
- Pray for the ministry team to have unity, safety and perseverance in the midst of political unrest. Pray for more people to join the ministry team and pray for fresh vision; there are increasing needs and opportunities for reaching out to the community.
(Source: Christians in Egypt)
The Persecuted Church
Horror: 19 Yazidi Girls Burned Alive in Iron Cages Because They Refused Sexual Relations with ISIS Militants
The 19 girls were burned to death, while hundreds of people were watching," a witness said, Fox News reports. "Nobody could do anything to save them from the brutal punishment. . . They were punished for refusing to have sex with ISIS militants," local activist Abdullah al-Malla added.
Mosul, formerly home to thousands of Christians, is Iraq's second-largest city and is considered to be the main stronghold for the terror group in the region.
According to a local media outlet, after overtaking Mosul in June of 2014, ISIS militants began selecting women and girls, forcing them into "temporary marriages." However, hundreds of women refused to comply with the fighter's demands, and were subsequently executed, along with their families.
"At least 250 girls have so far been executed by the IS for refusing to accept the practice of sexual jihad, and sometimes the families of the girls were also executed for rejecting to submit to IS' request," Kurdish Democratic Party spokesman Said Mamuzini told London-based Kurdish news agency AhlulBayt earlier this year. (Gospel Herald) Read more
[Also reported by Breaking Christian News]
Songs Our Grandmothers Sang:
SHALL WE GATHER AT THE RIVER?
"A pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb." (Revelation 22:1-2)
Shall we gather at the river, Where bright angel feet have trod, With its crystal tide forever Flowing by the throne of God?
Yes, we'll gather at the river,
The beautiful, the beautiful river;
Gather with the saints at the river
That flows by the throne of God.
On the margin of the river, Washing up its silver spray, We will talk and worship ever, All the happy golden day.
Ere we reach the shining river, Lay we every burden down; Grace our spirits will deliver, And provide a robe and crown.
At the smiling of the river, Mirror of the Savior's face, Saints, whom death will never sever, Lift their songs of saving grace.
Soon we'll reach the silver river, Soon our pilgrimage will cease; Soon our happy hearts will quiver With the melody of peace.
Please go here.
By Andy Griffith
About the Author:
Words & Music: Robert Lowry, 1864
About this hymn:
One afternoon in July, 1864, when I was pastor at Hanson Place Baptist Church, Brooklyn, the weather was oppressively hot, and I was lying on a lounge in a state of physical exhaustion . . . My imagination began to take itself wings. Visions of the future passed before me with startling vividness. The imagery of the apocalypse took the form of a tableau. Brightest of all were the throne, the heavenly river, and the gathering of the saints . . . I began to wonder why the hymn writers had said so much about the "river of death" and so little about the "pure water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and the Lamb." As I mused, the words began to construct themselves. They came first as a question of Christian inquiry, "Shall we gather?" Then they broke in chorus, "Yes, we'll gather." On this question and answer the hymn developed itself. The music came with the hymn. - Robert Lowry
Signs and Wonders
A Rainbow of Fire . . .
We've all seen rainbows. But have you ever seen a rainbow of fire? Cata Alonso Castro photographed one over Pine Lake, California, on June 5th: (Go here)
"I thought the lake, trees, and mountains were wonderful, but when I saw that rainbow in the clouds I just couldn't believe my eyes," says Cata.
The correct name of this phenomenon is circumhorizon arc. It's a colorful splash of light caused by sunbeams striking crystals of ice in cirrus clouds. Commonly called "fire rainbows" or "rainbows of fire," circumhorizon arcs have nothing to do with either rain or fire. They are a sign of ice floating in clouds some 10 km above the ground.
Summer is the season for circumhorizontal arcs because they appear only when the sun is high in the sky--more than 58o above the horizon. The arc's enormous size and pure spectral colors make it one of the most beautiful of all ice halos.
"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea." (Luke 21:25)
The Good News Corner
Victory in Federal Court for This Christian Student Group at NC State University
A federal court ordered North Carolina State University to immediately halt its policy that requires Christian students to obtain a permit before gathering.
Last week, the Alliance Defending Freedom-allied attorney Edmund LaCour of Bancroft PLLC represented the Grace Christian Life student group in a hearing before the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina. Two days later, Chief Judge James C. Dever III issued his order, which applies to any kind of non-commercial student speech or communication anywhere on campus.
"Because the only permit required for free speech on a public university campus is the First Amendment, we welcome the court's decision to put a stop to NC State's policy," ADF Senior Counsel Tyson Langhofer said. "NC State is acting inconsistently with its own calling as a marketplace of ideas with this unconstitutional restriction on free speech. Students of any political, religious, or ideological persuasion should be able to freely and peacefully speak with their fellow students about their views without interference from government officials who may prefer . . ." (Breaking Christian News) Read more here.
"Elevation Worship . . . Resurrection Live:"
This is a live-streaming, You Tube video of all-day worship. Go here and agree for a BREAKTHROUGH in the heavens as we worship the King of Kings together!
Election 2016: Prayer Resources
"Choose some wise, understanding and respected men from each of your tribes, and I will set them over you." (Deuteronomy 1:13)
> > > Please find below the Election Prayer Resources that have been recently added to our list. To view the archive section, go here.
To view our recently archived articles, go here.
To view the most recently archived resources, go here.