Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Monday, June 20, 2016
"Standing Together in the Kingdom of God . . .
Under the Cross of Christ"
"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things." (Philippians 4:8)
"See, the LORD rides on a swift cloud . . ." (Isaiah 19:1)
Franklin Graham Says Orlando Shooting 'Symptom' of a 'Godless Nation'
The massacre at a gay nightclub in Orlando, Florida, the deadliest mass shooting in U.S. history that has captured the world's attention, was a "symptom" of the country's spiritual condition, asserts the Rev. Franklin Graham.
During a prayer rally held Wednesday in Madison, Wisconsin, a stop on the evangelist's "Decision America" tour, Graham said that America brought the mass shooting upon itself because it has become a "godless nation," reports The Cap Times.
Graham began the rally, which drew nearly 6,000 to Madison's Capitol Square, with prayer for the Orlando massacre's 49 dead, 53 injured, affected families and those in attendance.
"It was a privilege to stand in prayer with thousands of people who love the Lord and love their country," wrote Graham on Facebook.
Although dissenters of the evangelist dotted the crowd, most were in silent protest, waving rainbow flags representing the LGBTQ community, signs promoting secular-themed messages, or donning hats promoting the message "God Bless America Again," seeming to imitate the presidential campaign slogan of presumptive GOP frontrunner Donald Trump.
Despite the opposition, Graham was satisfied with the rally, as he indicated on Facebook, writing, "Yes, there were some protesters," he wrote, "but that's okay; they heard the Gospel message I shared as well."
He continued, "Some atheists held signs that said, 'I'm not afraid to burn in hell.' That is very sad - one day they will change their minds. The Bible says that every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. Every person is going to face eternity in either Heaven or Hell. The most important thing in this lifetime is to trust God's Son, Jesus Christ, as your Savior and to follow Him as Lord for the rest of life." (Christian Post) Read more.
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. Israel-Turkey détente 'a matter of days,' official says - Times of Israel
A senior Israeli official on Sunday said the rapprochement negotiations between Jerusalem and Ankara were over 95% complete, and that an agreement to reestablish normalized ties between the two countries could be announced in "a matter of days."
"Almost everything has been finalized. We've concluded over 95% of the negotiations, there are only few details remaining. It could be a matter of days," the official said according to the Hebrew-language Ynet website. (Read more)
2. PA discusses maritime borders for future state with Egypt - Israel National News
The Palestinians have begun talks with Egypt on setting out the maritime borders of their hoped for future state and the resources they can extract from the sea, their UN ambassador to the United Nations said Friday, according to AFP. The goal is to establish an exclusive economic zone off the coast of Gaza under the UN Convention on the Law of the Sea, said ambassador Riyad Mansour.
The Palestinians became party to this and other UN treaties and agencies when they gained non-member observer status at the United Nations in November 2012, a unilateral move which is against the Oslo Accords it signed with Israel. The talks with Egypt are at the preliminary stage, having begun recently with Egypt at the foreign minister level and then continued at the expert level, Mansour said. The Palestinian Authority (PA) has consulted "top lawyers in the field" to prepare its case and train its officials in the workings of maritime law, he added. (Read more)
3. Binyamin region community attacked with firebomb barrage - Israel National News
About 20 firebombs were hurled towards the fence of the Binyamin region community of Psagot on Saturday night. There were no injuries or damages as a result of the firebombs, which were thrown from the direction of Ramallah. The incident is the latest in a series of attacks on Psagot in recent weeks, including a shooting. Several days ago, a window of a home in the community was hit by gunfire. (Read more)
4. Herzog agreed to '67 lines in talks with Abbas, report says - Times of Israel
Opposition leader Isaac Herzog held secret talks with PA President Mahmoud Abbas during the 2014-2015 election cycle, and agreed to cede the entire West Bank and East Jerusalem to the Palestinians as part of a future peace deal, according to report published on Thursday.
Herzog's negotiator, former minister Efraim Sneh, and a Palestinian Authority representative who remained unnamed reached an agreement under which Palestinian refugees would receive financial compensation, the Western Wall would remain under Israeli control, and Israel would retain a "symbolic" military presence in the Jordan Valley, alongside Palestinian and Jordanian soldiers, Channel 10 reported. (Read more)
5. Abbas meets with Saudi king in Jeddah - Times of Israel
Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas met on Sunday with the Saudi King Salman bin Abdulaziz al-Saud in Jeddah. During the meeting in the As-Salam royal palace, Abbas updated the Saudi monarch on the latest developments in Palestinian issues, "in the shadow of continual Israeli violations against [the Palestinian people], their land, and their holy places," the PA's official news agency Wafa reported. Salman confirmed the "steadfast" positions of the Saudi kingdom regarding the Palestinian issues, the report said, including the "legitimate rights of the brotherly Palestinian people." (Read more)
6. Senior Hamas Member Defects to Israel - Ynet News
A senior Hamas member involved in building tunnel infrastructure, Bassam Mahmoud Baraka, turned himself and his family in to Israel during the first week of June, according to Gazan sources.
Sources in Gaza reported that an explosion was heard in central Gaza Strip near the border fence with Israel on Tuesday. The sources in Gaza said that the Israeli Air Force attacked the area, and the IDF spokesman said, "The IDF carried out a trial run on the Gaza border." No injuries were reported in the incident. (Read more)
[Also reported by: Bridges for Peace]
7. Netanyahu: 2002 Arab Peace Initiative Needs to Be Adapted- World Jewish Congress
Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu reportedly said that a long-dormant Arab peace initiative with the Palestinians (that he recently suggested could be revived) had to be changed before Israel could support it.
Netanyahu made the comments to members of his Likud party, according to Israeli media reports, after facing pressure from some members of his government over his recent comments on the Arab initiative.
"If the Arab nations grasp the fact that they need to revise the Arab League proposal according to the changes Israel demands, then we can talk," Netanyahu said, according to the Haaretz newspaper, which cited two sources at the meeting. "But if they bring the proposal from 2002 and define it as 'take it or leave it' - we'll choose to leave it." (Read more)
[Also reported by: Bridges for Peace]
8. Obama Opposes Israel Missile Defense Funding - Bridges for Peace
The news broke on Tuesday. The White House rejected a request by United States (US) lawmakers to up the funding for Israel's missile defense program by $455 million more than the administration's budget proposal for the 2017 fiscal year.
Speculation started almost immediately, with rumors circulating that US military aid to Israel might be slashed. Moreover, opposition leaders within the Jewish state were quick to point a finger at Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's somewhat less than cordial relationship with President Barack Obama for the White House's refusal for additional funding.
Netanyahu was, however, equally quick to dismiss what he termed as widespread "panic." A statement from the Prime Minister's bureau released last night "in the wake of numerous misleading reports" highlighted that "there has been no cut in American assistance." (Read more here.)
9. Hebrew Nation News: Weekly Report
To read this report, please go here.
10. Bridges for Peace: Weekly Prayer Update
To read this report, please go here.
The Daily Brief
Every prayer below is presented to our Lord in the Name of Jesus Christ, amen.
1. What to Expect When Trump Meets 900 Evangelical Leaders Tuesday - Christian Post
Presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump's closed-door meeting Tuesday with 900 top evangelical and social conservative leaders will be a time of questions and answers on issues such as the Supreme Court, sanctity of life and religious freedom, according to an organizer, who said a similar meeting is being discussed also with Trump's rival Hillary Clinton.
"Of the more than 50,000 questions that came in, many of them focused on those three issues. Others focused on issues related to leadership, national security, and faith," Johnnie Moore, the spokesperson for My Faith Votes, a non-partisan organization focused on engaging the 25 million Christians who did not vote in 2012 and one of the two groups behind the meeting, told The Christian Post.
The meeting, "A Conversation About America's Future with Donald Trump and Ben Carson," will be held in New York City. Both organizers, My Faith Votes and United in Purpose, seek to bring about cultural change in America based on Judeo-Christian principles and motivate and mobilize people of faith in the democratic process through responsible citizenship.
Asked how Trump intends to ease concerns of evangelical leaders, Moore said the purpose of the meeting is not to persuade anyone, "but to better introduce everyone to one another." (Read more)
- [Prayer offered by Intercessors for America]
The proposed meeting lacks universal agreement among evangelicals, with differences on both sides as to the propriety and value of such a gathering. Pray that conflicting viewpoints might be shelved so as to find a sufficient level of agreement for a polite and candid exchange, plus a unified witness to Mr. Trump. Pray that the leaders will remember that help for America must come from the Lord.
- "Do not put your trust in princes, nor in a son of man, in whom there is no help . . . whose hope [instead] is in the Lord his God, who made heaven and earth . . . Who keeps truth forever . . . the Lord gives freedom to the prisoners." (Ps. 146:3, 5-7)
2. America has suffered a terror attack every year under Obama - New York Post
America has now averaged one serious Islamic terrorist attack a year on President Obama's watch, yet he still insists the threat from radical Islam is overblown and that he's successfully protecting the nation. If only hubris could be weaponized!
In the wake of Omar Mateen's Orlando massacre, Obama whined about growing criticism of his terror-fighting strategy. But boy, does he deserve it. His record on terrorism is terrible, and Hillary Clinton should have a tough time defending it.
Here we are in the eighth year of his presidency, and the nation has now suffered eight significant attacks by Islamist terrorists on US soil or diplomatic property - an average of one attack a year since Obama's been in office, with each new attack seemingly worse than the last.
And there's six long months left to go. (Read more)
- Lord God, we continue to cry out for a miracle of healing, deliverance and salvation for this president. We repent for the stones we have thrown against him in our own anger, for those stones have only served to harden his heart from hearing you. Lord God, remove those stones, and give him a new heart, Abba . . . one that sees truth and discerns correctly, and that then may work to protect our people. We ask for this miracle in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh." (Ezekiel 36:26)
- "Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." (Matthew 19:26)
3. Homeland Security Report Calls for Rejecting Terms 'Jihad,' 'Sharia' - Washington Free Beacon
A new Department of Homeland Security report urges rejecting use of Islamic terms such as "jihad" and "sharia" in programs aimed at countering terrorist radicalization among American youth.
The Homeland Security Advisory Council report recommends that the department focus on American milliennials by allocating up to $100 million in new funding. It also urges greater private sector cooperation, including with Muslim communities, to counter what is described as a "new generation of threats to the Homeland related to the threat of violent extremism." The funds would be used for hiring experts and new social media programs and technology to influence young people not to join terror groups.
"The department's CVE efforts are an attempt to protect our nation's young people from extremists who prey upon the Millennial generation," the report says. "The department must reframe the conversation to reflect this reality and design a robust program around the protection of our youth, which must include predator awareness and an understanding of radicalization. In doing so, our citizens will be better equipped for this threat." (Read more)
- We cry out as one, Dear Lord, to You to remove the blinders off our officials who speak so foolishly as to avoid actually naming the things that are coming against Americans and causing them to be killed. We reject the throwing of money at programs that are so questionable as to not even be truthful about what it is combating.
Father, we call for a broad recognition in our land of the fact that this is a Judeo-Christian nation and that Islam has elements in it that are incompatible with our freedoms. We pray that Americans will see through this avoidance of calling out what is coming against America.
- "Then the eyes of those who see will not be blinded, and the ears of those who hear will listen." (Isaiah 32:3)
4. ISIS Praises Mateen as 'Lion of Caliphate,' Urges Attacks at Theaters, Hospitals, Amusement Parks - PJMedia
An ISIS-affiliated media group issued new statements today praising Orlando nightclub shooter Omar Mateen as a 'lion of the caliphate' and a 'hero' for slaughtering 49 'infidels' - and calling on other lone jihadis to follow his example. The first statement today featured a selfie of Mateen, who was credited with killing 'gay crusader infidels in the city of Orlando, America' and putting 'horror, fear and heartbreak' in 'the hearts of the infidels' during the 'great blessed battle successfully carried out by one Muslim man.' (Read more)
- Lord Jesus, there is so much evil in our land that we have never seen but You, Lord, see and know all things long before we do. We pray for those doing acts that are not Your will. Let those in darkness repent and come to Your light. If they continue in darkness please do as You will with them before they hurt anyone else. Jesus, You are our example to love the unlovable. May Christians walk in Your ways as You lead. We love You and honor You and give praise to Your Holy Name. Amen.
- "But love your enemies, do good, and lend, hoping for nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High. For He is kind to the unthankful and evil." (Luke 6:35)
5. CIA chief: ISIS terror reach, capability 'not reduced' - WND
Is the West winning the war against ISIS or not? It's hard to tell, judging by remarks from both the president and the CIA chief.
After meeting with his National Security Council on Tuesday, President Obama summed up the war against the Islamic State by implying the U.S.-led coalition was winning, declaring, 'In short, our coalition continues to be on offense. ISIL is on defense.' But, testifying before the Senate Intelligence Committee on Thursday morning, CIA Director John Brennan did not portray the coalition as winning, at all. In fact, he described no progress in blunting the Islamic State's power.
'Unfortunately, despite all our progress against ISIL on the battlefield and in the financial realm, our efforts have not reduced the group's terrorism capability and global reach,' testified Brennan. (Read more)
- Jesus, Jesus, Jesus. You, Lord, are large and in charge of the United States. No matter what men may say Christians know that You are our leader. Let our national leaders be led by You and speak truth. We ask for repentance of all people in our nation that don't have their hearts and eyes on You for leadership in all things. Trusting in Your way is the only way to peace. Your Holy Word is written with many examples of kings and governments that are no more. You are the everlasting King of Kings and Lord of Lords and the living Son of the Most High God. There is no fear for those who are all in with You. Thank You for loving us and protecting us. Amen.
- "Then she who is my enemy will see And shame will cover her who said to me, "Where is the Lord your God?" My eyes will see her; Now she will be trampled down Like mud in the streets." (Micah 7:10
6. Russia failed to heed U.S. call to stop targeting Syrian rebels: U.S - Reuters
Russia launched a second air strike on U.S.-backed Syrian fighters battling Islamic State, even after the U.S. military used emergency channels to ask Moscow to stop after the first strike, a U.S. official told Reuters on Friday.
The official, who spoke to on condition of anonymity, said a small number of Syrian fighters were killed in Thursday's air strikes in southern Syria.
The Pentagon has criticized the strike near al-Tanf, saying it raised concerns about Russian intentions in Syria and promising to bring up the matter with Russia. No Russia or Russian-backed Syrian ground forces were in the area at the time. (Read more)
- Precious Lord, only You can keep these conflicts from blowing up into something more major between Russia and the US. We ask that You would protect innocent life in the area and that Your people would be safe. We pray that the leaders of the US and Russia will be able to communicate effectively and all warnings will be respected and heeded. Above all, we pray for a peaceful resolution to these conflicts that does not enslave people and hinder the spreading of the Gospel.
- "Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and He will establish your plans."
7. U.S. says it will stay in Black Sea despite Russian warning - Reuters
ABOARD THE USS MASON The United States will maintain its presence in the Black Sea despite a Russian warning that a U.S. destroyer patrolling there undermined regional security, the U.S. Navy Secretary said. The USS Porter entered the Black Sea this month, drawing heavy criticism from Moscow. Turkey and Romania are expected to push for a bigger NATO presence in the Black Sea at the NATO summit in Warsaw next month.
Aboard the USS Mason, another U.S. destroyer, in the Mediterranean on Thursday, Navy Secretary Ray Mabus told Reuters that it was the U.S. Navy's job to deter aggression and keep sea lanes open. "We're going to be there," Mabus said of the Black Sea. "We're going to deter. That's the main reason we're there -- to deter potential aggression." (Read more)
- Dear Lord, our leaders need Your divine wisdom as tensions develop with an old opponent in this new area of conflict. We seek Your plans and Your kind of peace for our ships and sailors as they support our allies in the NATO pact. Lord, we ask that You would put a stop to the aggressions and ambitions of the Russian Bear in this vulnerable area. We yield ourselves and our country to You, Mighty Lord, in Your name, amen.
- "Lord, my strength and my fortress, my refuge in time of distress, to you the nations will come from the ends of the earth and say, 'Our ancestors possessed nothing but false gods, worthless idols that did them no good.'" (Jeremiah 16:19)
8. Omar Mateen, Orlando Shooter, Most Likely a Homosexual - IFA
The ex-wife of Omar Mateen, who killed 49 and maimed 53 at an Orlando gay nightclub on Sunday, said the shooter may have been [a homosexual]. Speaking on her behalf in Portuguese to a Brazilian television station, the ex-wife's fiancé, Marco Dias, said Mr. Mateen had "gay tendencies," noting that the shooter's father once called him gay in front of his wife.He also said the "FBI asked her not to tell this to the American media," the New York Post reported.
- As intercessors, we feel compassion, but we do not allow soulish sympathy for the killer's alleged sexual confusion to blur the fact that he was a demonized terrorist who committed mass murder. Pray for victims' families; ask God to save many through this atrocity.
- [The Apostle Paul, a former "terrorist" himself, wrote:] "This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief." (1 Tim. 1:15)
[Prayer offered by IFA]
9. Orlando massacre blamed on Christians - WND.com
In the aftermath of the horrific shootings by an Islamic terrorist at a Florida nightclub over the weekend, the blame game has erupted, with some pointing their fingers directly at . . . Christians. "Islamic extremists kill LGBT people," said one social media post. "Christian and Jewish extremists just drive us to commit suicide."
The Washington Times also noted that American Civil Liberties Union lawyer Chase Strangio said the "Christian right" is at fault for pursuing "anti-LGBT bills." "The Christian Right has introduced 200 anti-LGBT bills in the last six months, and people are blaming Islam for this. No," Mr. Strangio posted on Twitter. (Read more)
- Lord God, in this topsy-turvy world we now live in, men continue to call good, evil . . . and evil, good. Lord God, we do forgive these confused souls who are making these statements, for the surely do not know what they do. Help us to reach out to each one in Christ-like love, Lord, in Your name, amen.
- " . . . love covers over a multitude of sins." (I Peter 4:8)
10. Pope Francis: Most Catholic marriages are null, some 'cohabitations' are 'real marriage' - LifeSiteNews
Pope Francis spoke yesterday at a pastoral congress on the family for the Diocese of Rome, and his remarks are causing consternation among faithful Catholics. In off-the-cuff remarks, the pope made the dual claim that the "great majority" of Catholic marriages are "null" - in other words, not actual marriages - and that some cohabitating couples are in a "real marriage," receiving the grace of the Sacrament.
"I've seen a lot of fidelity in these cohabitations, and I am sure that this is a real marriage, they have the grace of a real marriage because of their fidelity," he said.
The Vatican has provided video of the full remarks by the Pope as well as a full transcript of his remarks. In the transcript, however, the words of the Pope as heard clearly in the video (at 1:14:20) are changed from saying the "great majority" of Catholic marriages are null, to "a part" of them are null.
The Pope's remarks on cohabitation came in response to a question on the crisis in marriage today. He began by speaking of living in a "culture of the provisional" recalling a story of a boy who wanted to be a priest, "but only for ten years." (Read more)
- Lord, the Pope's remarks may have been changed on the video but You have never changed the definition of marriage. Receiving sacrament doesn't make a marriage real. Cohabitating doesn't make a "real marriage" in Your eyes, Lord Jesus. The Pope must have misspoken when he said of cohabitants, "They have the grace of a real marriage because of their fidelity." Forgive this attitude of the head of the Catholic Church. Cultural lifestyles cannot blessed by You. Let repentance reign over all who believe that a cohabitaton will be blessed by You; and we ask You to forgive this pope for his statements, for he knows not what he does. Amen.
- "Marriage is honorable among all, and the bed undefiled; but fornicators and adulterers God will judge." (Hebrews 13:4)
11. Wildfires in California, New Mexico trigger hundreds of evacuations - YNetNews
LOS ANGELES - Hundreds of people have evacuated to escape a wildfire in coastal Southern California and a larger blaze in rural New Mexico as hot weather feeds the flames, raising health concerns in other regions, officials said on Thursday.
Santa Barbara Sheriff Bill Brown told a news conference his deputies had asked occupants of 400 homes and businesses to evacuate structures in areas threatened by flames from the California fire. Campers and horses on ranches have also been forced out, officials said.
The blaze, which ignited on Wednesday in a wilderness area northwest of Santa Barbara, has consumed chaparral and tall grass in the Los Padres National Forest, blackening some 1,200 acres (490 hectares), according to the InciWeb fire information center. (Read more)
See also: this report from the Los Angeles Times.
- Lord Jesus, by the authority You have given us, we speak over these fires that they will be extinguished immediately. There will be no harm to people, property or animals and there will be no more destruction of these forests or parks. Lord God, protect the firefighters, pilots and all personnel working feverishly to extinguish these fires. In Your Holy name we pray, amen.
- "Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them." (Mark 11:24)
The Daily Jot
Friday, June 17, 2016
A government against the people
This has been a very revealing week for Americans. The recent terror attack in Orlando and the response by leadership has raised questions that none of us should have to ask as citizens of a free nation. At a time when CIA Director John Brennan warned the Senate Intelligence Committee that Islamic State terrorists are likely to be smuggled into the country through legitimate "refugee flows," the White House has said it has allocated additional staff and added more processing locations in the Middle East to expedite the screening process of Syrian refugees in an attempt to bring in at least 10,000 by September 30. This begs the question: Is the current leadership purposely trying to destroy America as we know it?
Also, appearing on Fox News "Hannity" Tuesday, former Homeland Security officer Philip Haney said the US government has willfully deleted critical information that may have prevented the two recent Islamic terror attacks on American soil. He said that in 2012 the State Department shut down an anti-terrorist initiative, demanding intelligence based on religious affiliation be disregarded out of concern for Muslims' civil liberties. He said that the attacks in Orlando and San Bernardino may have been prevented if this policy was not in effect. Notwithstanding, it is extremely irresponsible and disturbing that our government would deliberately protect the rights of terrorists at the expense of innocent citizens.
CIA's Brennan says Americans can expect more "guerilla" attacks by lone wolf terrorists with allegiance to the Islamic State (IS). McClatchy DC reports Brennan said in his prepared testimony that IS is gradually cultivating its various branches into an interconnected network. The branch in Libya is likely the most advanced and most dangerous, but IS is trying to increase its influence in Africa. The IS branch in the Sinai has become the "most active and capable terrorist group in Egypt," attacking the Egyptian military, government, foreigners and tourists. Who, during Arab Spring, destabilized Libya and Egypt by supporting al Qaeda and the Muslim Brotherhood? The answer: the "president" and Hillary Clinton's State Department.
We must actually suspend our disbelief to assimilate that the current leadership is either extremely incompetent or is purposeful in its actions against the defense of this nation and the general welfare of the people. Either way, it has become a government against the people. Moreover, the government's strategy to prevent additional terrorist attacks is to placate Muslim communities, bring in more Islamic "refugees," and to disarm US citizens. Ephesians 5:6 says, "Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things comes the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience." The deception in this leadership is so against God that the consequences are likely to be felt by every one of us. We need to effect change or we will suffer the consequences of a government that has become destructive to the rights and safety of its citizens.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Call 2 Fall
Sunday, July 3rd: A Day of Repentance . . .
The Call 2 Fall
This year, the Family Research Council is once again sponsoring "the Call 2 Fall" -- a day of private and corporate repentance, based upon 2 Chronicles 7:14.
To learn how you and your church can be involved in the Call 2 Fall this year, please go here.
Let's all support this Call 2 Fall at this critical time in our nation's history. God bless you all!
Our Weekly Bible Study
Our Weekly Bible Study:
Special Father's Day Edition!
Week of Sunday, June 19 - Saturday, June 25, 2016
> > > To read the "One Year Bible" weekly letter, go here.
> > > To read the Shabbat Torah readings, go here.
Prayers During Ramadan:
Monday, June 20: SAUDI ARABIA
Pray with the Christians in Saudi Arabia as they strive to be the presence of Jesus in this land.
"The Spirit of the Lord God is upon Me,
Because the Lord has anointed Me
To preach good tidings to the poor;
He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted,
To proclaim liberty to the captives,
And the opening of the prison to those who are bound;
To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord,
And the day of vengeance of our God;
To comfort all who mourn . . ." (Isaiah 61:1,2)
In the midst of war to the north and south of Saudi Arabia, with growing economic pressure and rumors of political instability in the royal family, the Saudi people are facing an uncertain future.
- Pray God directs the royal family and governing officials to make wise decisions in line with God's will for the country.
- As the region experiences instability, may this be a time for the people of Saudi to start questioning their foundation and beliefs. Pray the Lord puts new questions into their hearts, to seek Jesus.
- Pray for emerging Saudi believers, that they may be encouraged and strengthened in the Lord. Pray against the fear and distrust that keeps many of them isolated. Pray for believers to have the courage to meet together. Pray for whole households, families and friendship groups to come to the Lord, so that local fellowships will be formed. Praise the Lord; He will build His church.
- Pray for revival amongst the many expat Christians working here, and a heart of love towards the Saudi people that moves them to pray and reach out as the Lord directs.
- The severity of the economic situation resulting from low oil prices is beginning to effect companies causing them to slash budgets, reduce manpower and slow or stop new hiring. Pray for God to protect the jobs of intentional Christian workers.
(Source: Christians in Saudi Arabia)
The Persecuted Church
Christian Killed in Eastern Uganda after Religious Discussion with Muslims
NAIROBI, Kenya (Morning Star News) - A Christian in eastern Uganda who had received death threats from Muslims after a religious discussion was killed on June 4, sources said.
The body of Yokannah Zirinkuma of Kasasira village, Kibuku District, was found in a pool of blood in nearby Kadama village, near the home of the primary suspect, an area source said. Zirinkuma was 50.
Well known in the area for evangelistic preaching in a marketplace by which several Muslims came to faith in Christ, Zirinkuma two weeks prior had engaged Muslims in Kasasira village in open debate that became heated. He later received a threatening letter from unknown Muslims. (Read more)
Songs Our Grandmothers Sang:
HOW GREAT THOU ART
"O Lord, how great are Thy works!" (Psalm 92:5)
O Lord my God, when I in awesome wonder Consider all the *worlds thy hands have made, I see the stars, I hear the *rolling thunder, Thy power throughout the universe displayed:
Then sings my soul, my Savior God, to thee:
How great thou art! How great thou art!
Then sings my soul, my Savior God, to thee:
How great thou art! How great thou art!
When through the woods and forest glades I wander And hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees, When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur, And hear the brook and feel the gentle breeze:
And when I think that God, his Son not sparing, Sent him to die, I scarce can take it in, That on the cross, my burden gladly bearing, He bled and died to take away my sin.
When Christ shall come with shout of acclamation And take me home, what joy shall fill my heart! Then *I shall bow in humble adoration, And there proclaim, "My God, how great thou art!"
Please go here.
About the Author:
Words: Carl G. Boberg
Music: Stuart K. Hine
The story behind this classic hymn is quite fascinating. To learn more, go here!
Signs and Wonders
Huge mysterious craters in Siberia are getting even bigger
One of the large craters that mysteriously appeared in Siberia may be connected to a huge explosion loud enough to have been heard 100km away, which could have also caused villagers to see a "glow in the sky".
A number of large-scale craters have been seen across Siberia in the past few years. They are understood to start as metres-wide holes thought to be tens of metres deep, which then rapidly expand in size.
The Deryabinsky crater in the Taimyr peninsula was discovered by reindeer herders in 2013. It was estimated to be four metres wide and around 100 metres deep. The crater has since increased by a reported 15 times in size making it an estimated 70 metres in diameter, filled with water.
And now a loud explosion and strange light has been connected to the crater. Dr Vladimir Epifanov told the Siberian Times: "There is verbal information that residents in nearby villages - at a distance of 70 to 100km - heard a sound like an explosion, and one of them watched a clear glow in the sky. It was about one month after the Cheyla".
(Independent UK) Read more and view photos of these craters by going here.
"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea." (Luke 21:25)
The Good News Corner
Mystical Rabbi Blesses Aliyah of Biblical Flock of Jacob's Sheep
"As a shepherd seeketh out his flock in the day that he is among his sheep that are separated so will I seek out My sheep; and I will deliver them out of all places whither they have been scattered in the day of clouds and thick darkness. " Ezekiel 34:12 (The Israel Bible)
The Ingathering of the Exiles took on a pastoral twist when a Canadian couple turned to a mystical rabbi to help bring their flock of 130 sheep to the Holy Land. After a year of struggle, suddenly, Jacob's Sheep seem set to make aliyah.
The rare heirloom breed, originally from the the Middle East, hasn't been seen in Israel since the sheep went out into the diaspora with their Hebrew owners 2,000 years ago. The sheep spread from ancient Israel to Egypt, where Moorish trades took them to Spain. From Spain, the breed found greener pastures in England, before being taken to Canada.
Their unique speckled appearance and four horns are unmistakeable proof of their Biblical pedigree and, carefully bred by enthusiasts, they retain their unique Biblical traits, including the ability to thrive in arid climes.
Two years ago, with no prior farming experience, Canadians Jenna and Gil Lewinsky decided to adopt a flock of Jacob's Sheep and bring them home to Israel. They immediately encountered seemingly insurmountable resistance from government agencies. . .
(Breaking Israel News)
> > > To read this article and to view the photos of these amazing sheep, please go here.
He Knows My Name
I have a Maker
He formed my heart
Before even time began
My life was in his hands
I have a Father
He calls me His own
He'll never leave me
No matter where I go
He knows my name
He knows my every thought
He sees each tear that falls
And He hears me when I call
Election 2016: Prayer Resources
"Choose some wise, understanding and respected men from each of your tribes, and I will set them over you." (Deuteronomy 1:13)
> > > Please find below the Election Prayer Resources that have been recently added to our list. To view the archive section, go here.
To view our recently archived articles, go here.
To view the most recently archived resources, go here.