CHPP Daily Brief: "Praying for All in Authority" Wednesday, April 6, 2016
Special Conference Call Tonight
Covering many topics of interest. . .
Go here for details!
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Wednesday, April 6, 2016
"For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD,
as the waters cover the sea." (Habakkuk 2:14)
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. Netanyahu backs Shaked in criticizing High Court over gas deal decision - Jerusalem Post
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu backed Justice Minister Ayelet Shaked on Tuesday, without explicitly mentioning her, following her Monday onslaught on the Supreme Court over its decision nixing the natural gas deal.
In response to Shaked's remarks, some critics called for her to retract her comments or even resign.
At a speech at the cornerstone ceremony for the new National Library in Jerusalem, he said that "a strong, stable and healthy democracy, is not terrified of its guardians. It manifests the will of the nation, and guards the right of the individual, the balance between the branches and the separation between them."
"I respect the court and the judges from personal acquaintance and due to their position, and I respect their decisions.
2. Abbas calls for renewing trilateral committee against incitement - Times of Israel
Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas called on Tuesday for the renewal of the Trilateral Anti-Incitement Committee, which monitors cases where incitement to violence and terror is suspected, and whose members include Israeli, Palestinian and American officials.
The committee was formed as part of the Wye River Memorandum in 1998, and met every two months until the outbreak of the Second Intifada in September 2000.
Speaking to a Romanian delegation visiting the PA presidential headquarters in Ramallah, Abbas said the Palestinians "have no objection to the formation of this committee to monitor incitement by both sides. As soon as the Israeli side agrees to this committee, we are ready to participate."
3. ICC told to investigate soldier who shot terrorist - Israel National News
A delegation of the Palestinian National Council has met with representatives of the International Criminal Court (ICC) to complain over the IDF soldier who shot a wounded terrorist in Hevron two weeks ago, according to the Hamas paper Palestine.
The Palestinian Authority (PA) joined the ICC in April 2015, as part of a series of unilateral steps to join world treaties taken in breach of the 1994 Oslo Accords that formed the PA, and since then it has raised a number of issues at The Hague in a request that they be investigated.
It has also raised the issue of "extrajudicial executions," a term the PA uses to delegitimize the self-defense of Israeli citizens and soldiers who shoot Arab terrorists in the act of attacking during the current Arab terror wave, which began last September and which has already claimed the lives of 34 victims.
4. Abbas: We are prepared to discuss with Israel ending of 'mutual incitement' - Jerusalem Post
Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas said on Tuesday he was prepared to work with Israel to stop and monitor "mutual incitement" between the two sides.
Abbas told visiting Romanian journalists in his office that he has called for the reformation of the Palestinian-Israeli-American committee for monitoring incitement that was established 15 years ago, and that he was working toward the achievement of a two-state solution by establishing a Palestinian state with east Jerusalem as its capital on the pre-1967 lines that would live in peace and stability alongside Israel.
"We want to hear a clear statement from the Israeli government that it believes in the two-state solution," Abbas said. "If it agrees to this, the beginning of the solution will be ready and we will negotiate about the other issues."
5. Jews pose as Muslims to enter Temple Mount, are stopped -Times of Israel
Police on Tuesday detained two Jewish men who attempted to enter Jerusalem's contentious Temple Mount compound in the guise of Muslim worshipers.
The two, both aged 21, approached one of the gates to the holy site wearing traditional religious Muslim garb. After they raised the suspicions of nearby police, an officer approached the pair and asked them for identification.
Despite claiming they were Muslim Palestinians, a statement from police said the on-duty officers soon determined the pair were in fact Israeli Jews.
6. Insight for Intercessors: Weekly Alert
To read this edition of the "IFI" alert, please go here.
The Daily Brief
1. Tennessee Lawmakers Pass Bill to Designate 'Holy Bible' as Official State Book - The Jewish Press
In the state of Tennessee, citizens take their Bible seriously. So seriously, in fact, that the state legislature has just approved a bill designating "the Holy Bible as the official state book." If Governor Bill Haslam signs it into law, Tennessee will be the first state in the USA to have adopted the Holy Bible as a state symbol. (Read more)
- Father, we thank You for this good report, and we ask that all other 49 states in our Union would follow this model, passing legislation to decree that the Bible is their official state book, as well. Praise God!
- "My lips will shout for joy when I sing praise to You." (Psalm 71:23)
2. Another State Governor Approves Religious Freedom Bill - CBN/Breaking Christian News
Mississippi's Republican Gov. Phil Bryant has signed a new religious freedom bill which the state legislature approved last week.
The new law states people cannot be punished for a belief that gender is set at birth. It says schools or businesses can set gender-specific rules about how a person dresses or which bathroom a person must use, similar to a recent North Carolina bill.
Mississippi is one of 10 states to pass or consider passing legislature to protect religious freedom after the Supreme Court ruled last summer to legalize gay marriage. (Read more)
- Father, we just can't stop praising You today for all of this good news. Glory, Lord, glory!
- "Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord. Praise ye the Lord." (Psalm 150:6)
3. New York, California pass $15 minimum wage - The Washington Times
Moods were festive as governors in both New York and California signed bills Monday gradually raising the minimum wage in each state to $15 per hour, but many economists were less jovial and the California chief executive admits the bill may not make sense economically. (Read more)
- Father, we are troubled by high minimum wages, as they tend to put small businesses out of business, unable to pay their workers that higher wage, and so calling forth a "lay-off" of needed employees. And if they pay the higher minimum wage to their recently hired employees, then they must increase the wages of the longer employed, to be competitive. They end up losing employees, and going out of business, and, everyone suffers. There must be a workable solution to this dilemma, and we pray for wisdom for those employers who find themselves in this difficult position. We thank You that You meet all our needs, financially, and otherwise. Give wisdom to those who need it to stay afloat, we pray. Amen.
- "For the Scripture says, 'You shall not muzzle the ox while it is treading out the grain [to keep it from eating],' and 'The worker if worthy of his wages [he deserves fair compensation].'" (I Timothy 5:18)
4. US Helping Iran Access Billions in Frozen Funds - Washington Free Beacon
The Obama administration is helping Iran access billions of dollars in funds that are tied up in international banks across the globe by rewriting regulations and other measures, according to testimony Tuesday by a top U.S. official, who admitted that these assets could be used to fund terrorism.
The United States has been engaged in an effort to ease longstanding financial restrictions on Iran and has taken steps to aid the Islamic republic as it seeks to access billions of dollars in frozen assets, some of which could be used to fund the country's global terrorist enterprise, a top State Department official testified to Congress.
The disclosure of this effort comes amid reports that the Obama administration is pursuing a plan that would grant Iran unprecedented access to the U.S. dollar and American financial markets, a move the administration had vowed would not take place under the comprehensive nuclear agreement. (Read more)
- Abba, we are appalled that our president would help Iran access funds that could actually be used to fund terrorism against us, and our allies. We ask for a president with real wisdom, and a passion for our country, its Constitution, and its people! We ask that You would thwart any plans that Iran would have to do any of us harm with these funds. May they be unable to access those funds, if that is their intent, to use against us, or Israel. We thank You for our Covenant with You, and ask that these actions on the world-stage would bring glory to You, and Your purposes. In Your name, amen.
- "Your deeds are both spectacular and amazing, Lord God Almighty. Your ways are just and true, King of the nations. Lord, who won't fear and praise Your name? For You alone are holy, and all the nations will come and worship You because Your judgments have been revealed." (Revelation 15:3-5)
5. U.S. Navy seizes illegal Iran weapons shipment destined for terrorists - Jerusalem Prayer Team
U.S. Navy ships operating in the Arabian Sea intercepted an Iranian vessel carrying hundreds of illegal weapons destined for terrorist groups supported by Iran. It is believed that this particular shipment was destined for Yemen, but Iran often sends weapons to Hamas and Hezbollah for use against Israel. This shipment included rifles, RPG launchers, and machine guns. It is the third time in the last two months that an Iranian arms shipment has been intercepted.
- Father, this is an outrage. Our government is handing the thugs in Tehran hundreds of millions of dollars that they can use to continue arms trafficking and terror supporting . . . to say nothing of their nuclear weapons program. Father, we ask You for vengeance in this matter. Let the people in our nation rise up and protest urge Congress to reinstate sanctions against Iran. Father, we ask that these actions from Iran be stopped, in Your name, amen.
- "By smooth words he will turn to godlessness those who act wickedly toward the covenant [Israel], but the people who know their God will display strength and take action." (Daniel 11:32)
6. Top Iranian General: We Are Preparing for War and US "Won't Do a Darn Thing" About It - Breaking Israel News
Jafari said that Iran's long-term military plan has been shaped by anticipation of a future war with America in which Iran would be the "decisive victors". "For years, we have been building power on the presumption of a widespread war with the US and its allies, and have developed all our capacities and capabilities for decisive victories over such enemies," he said, Tasnim News reported. (Read more)
- God of armies, our Commander-in-Chief, we thank You for going before us, and fighting our battles and giving us the victory over our enemies, and Yours. We praise Your wonderful Name, and thank You for Your protection! Show Yourself to be the only true, and living God, the God mighty in battle! In Your Name we pray, Amen.
- "I will not send anyone to attack you, and you will defeat those who do attack you."See, I made the blacksmith. He fans the fire to make it hotter, and he makes the kind of tool he wants. In the same way I have made the destroyer to destroy.So no weapon that is used against you will defeat you. You will show that those who speak against you are wrong. These are the good things my servants receive. Their victory comes from me," says the LORD." (Isaiah 54:15-17)
7. North Korea can put nuclear warhead on mid-range missile - AOL News
North Korea can mount a nuclear warhead on a medium-range missile, a South Korean official said on Tuesday in a new assessment of the capability of a country that conducted its fourth nuclear test this year.
"We believe they have accomplished miniaturization of a nuclear warhead to mount it on a Rodong missile," said the South Korean official, who has knowledge of South Korea's assessment of the North's nuclear program. The official spoke to a small group of reporters on condition of anonymity.
North Korean leader Kim Jong Un said last month that his country had miniaturized nuclear warheads to mount on ballistic missiles. It was his first direct statement of a claim often made in state media though never independently verified. (Read more)
- Abba, we thank You that we do not need to fear mere men, for we put our trust in You! We do ask that You would foil any attempts by North Korea to attack South Korea, or any other nation. May their missiles misfire, we pray. We rejoice that these wicked leaders are no match against You and Your great wisdom, and arsenal. Save Your people, O Lord, and reveal Yourself to them as their Deliverer. Reveal Yourself as Savior to these who need to know You, and worship You alone, we pray, Amen!
- "Now I know the LORD helps His appointed king. He answers him from His holy heaven and saves him with His strong right hand. Some trust in chariots, others in horses, but we trust the Lord our God. They are overwhelmed and defeated, but we march forward and win." (Psalm 20:6-8)
The Daily Jot
Wednesday, April 6, 2016
The prophetic destiny of a sheep nation
There are many who believe that nations will not matter in the end times, that only individuals will receive their reward or judgment. There are many diverse teachings about prophecy and nationalism. We should all understand that we cannot stop the march of prophecy, but we can determine our place in it. As individuals, we make up the nations. The nation we live in reflects the people, especially in the United States where we get to choose our leaders. While some are teaching that you can be a Christian or a patriot, that you must choose between one or the other, this is not necessarily scripturally accurate and can be a very dangerous end time strategy. It may not be either-or, but rather both-and. Choose wisely.
Nationalism and patriotism can be a bad thing or a good thing. History indicates, for example, that German nationalism led to the holocaust. Islamic nationalism, which is a combination of fascism, Marxism, and false religion, has a millennial-plus history of death, destruction, slave trade, human trafficking, drug trafficking, civil and human rights violations, and persecution of Christians and Jews that continues wherever it exists today. In both examples, God's people suffer at the hands of such nationalism. America, however, guarded against such persecution with a secular Constitution that enumerated the powers of government with limitations and allowed freedom of speech and religion.
The result was a nation that supported Christian evangelism, Christian ideals became a light for justice and freedom around the world. There can be no honest discussion about preaching the gospel to the uttermost part of the earth without mentioning America. Even as this nation's light grows dimmer with leadership that does not do right in the eyes of the Lord, America still sends more missionaries, more goodwill, more bibles, more comfort and Christian love than most other nations combined. Yes, the darkness continues to war against this light, but let us not despise our nation for its faults, but rather pray and act to shine the light of Christ in all things, that our nation can be shown worthy, even through our deeds.
This is an important "both/and." In Matthew 24 and 25 Jesus Christ explains what will happen in the end times. In Matthew 25:31-34, Christ says, "When the Son of man shall come in his glory...And before him shall be gathered all the nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats. And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left. Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world." This is about both nations and individuals, and how they treat others, especially the brethren of Christ. For a nation whose people comfort the stranger, give drink to the thirsty, clothe the naked, and feed the hungry inherit the kingdom. It's good to be a patriotic sheep.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
The Persecuted Church
Turkey Seizes Six Churches as State Property in Volatile Southeast
After 10 months of urban conflict in Turkey's war-torn southeast, the government has expropriated huge sections of property, apparently to rebuild and restore the historical centre of the region's largest city, Diyarbakir.
But to the dismay of the city's handful of Christian congregations, this includes all its Orthodox, Catholic and Protestant churches. Unlike the state-funded mosques, Turkey's ancient church buildings - some of which pre-date Islam - have been managed, historically, by church foundations.
The new decision has effectively made the Diyarbakir churches - one 1,700 years old, another built only in 2003 - state property of Turkey, an Islamic country of 75 million.
Songs Our Grandmothers Sang:
JOYFUL, JOYFUL, WE ADORE THEE
"My lips will shout for joy when I sing praise to You." (Psalm 71:23)
Joyful, joyful, we adore Thee, God of glory, Lord of love;
Hearts unfold like flowers before Thee, opening to the sun above.
Melt the clouds of sin and sadness; drive the dark of doubt away;
Giver of immortal gladness, fill us with the light of day!
All Thy works with joy surround Thee, earth and heaven reflect Thy rays,
Stars and angels sing around Thee, center of unbroken praise.
Field and forest, vale and mountain, flowery meadow, flashing sea,
Singing bird and flowing fountain call us to rejoice in Thee.
Thou art giving and forgiving, ever blessing, ever blessed,
Wellspring of the joy of living, ocean depth of happy rest!
Thou our Father, Christ our Brother, all who live in love are Thine;
Teach us how to love each other, lift us to the joy divine.
Mortals, join the happy chorus, which the morning stars began;
Father love is reigning o'er us, brother love binds man to man.
Ever singing, march we onward, victors in the midst of strife,
Joyful music leads us Sunward in the triumph song of life.
Please go here.
About the Author:
Words: Henry J. van Dyke, 1907
Music: Hymn to Joy, from the 9th Symphony of Ludwig van Beethoven; adapted by Edward Hodges, 1824
About the Hymn:
Van Dyke wrote this hymn while staying at the home of Harry A. Garfield at Williams College, Massachusetts. It was first published in the Presbyterian Hymnal in 1911. It also appeared in the Poems of Henry van Dyke, 1911. Van Dyke wrote:
These verses are simple expressions of common Christian feelings and desires in this present time-hymns of today that may be sung together by people who know the thought of the age, and are not afraid that any truth of science will destroy religion, or any revolution on earth overthrow the kingdom of heaven. Therefore this is a hymn of trust and joy and hope.
Signs and Wonders
April cold threatens 'significant losses' of fruit crop in northeastern US
Ongoing waves of cold during early April are taking a toll on fruit tree blossoms in parts of the northeastern United States.
Farmers are holding their breath as they wait out the cold to inspect the impact on trees and vines.
The combination of a very mild winter, above-average temperatures during March and the most recent bout of below-freezing temperatures have caused damage to some fruit crops.
"The amount of damage varies from orchard to orchard and from tree to tree," according to Jason Coopey, co-owner of Way Fruit Farm in Stormstown, Pennsylvania.
Coopey stated that thus far apricots and plums have sustained the most damage, but overall his orchards, which are on the tops of hills have fared better than some locations farther south and east and those located in valleys, where the cold air tends to settle.
"We expect significant losses, 90-100 percent of peaches and plums, now at full bloom," according to Chris Harner, of Harner Farms in State College, Pennsylvania.
"Apples are farther behind [in central Pennsylvania] but are entering sensitive stages where we can have damage or loss," Harner said. (Accuweather.com) Read more here.
"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea." (Luke 21:25)
The Good News Corner
Devout Muslim Family Turns to the Lord When Their Ailing Mother Sees Jesus and Is Healed
[Bibles4MidEast.com] In their own words a Middle Eastern convert to Christianity shares the amazing and miraculous way that Jesus broke into their lives, bringing healing, deliverance and salvation.
As you read, please remember this family in your prayers, for their protection, as they will surely need it.
I am Fadila* (*name changed). I was born and brought up in an Arab family in the Middle East. I was one of the eight children of my father and mother. My father had one more wife. My stepmother also had four children as my brothers and sisters.
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
Kari Jobe with Cody Carnes - "Holy Spirit"
Election 2016: Prayer Resources
Election 2016: Prayer Resources
"Choose some wise, understanding and respected men from each of your tribes, and I will set them over you." (Deuteronomy 1:13)
> > > Please find below the Election Prayer Resources that have been recently added to our list. To view the archive section, go here.
1. Intercessors for America: Get out the Prayer!
Our country continues to reach significant moments where our culture and values are redefined. This fall's national election offers another defining moment. It is critical that the Church pray. We are not praying for specific candidates or parties to be in power, but rather, we are praying God's will be done. Join with thousands who are interceding for spiritual awakening and godly leaders in communities, cities, states, and the nation.
Get Out The Prayer 2016 (GOTP 2016) is calling for community volunteer leaders. Our goal is to raise up leaders who can gather people from different churches and neighborhoods to facilitate deliberate and effective prayer for our nation and the upcoming 2016 elections. To learn more about how you can be involved in this very well organized, grassroots initiative, please go here.
2. PrayForElections.Com: A Weekly Nationwide Election Conference Prayer Call
Join ministry leaders and Christian organizations from across the nation who will host one Tuesday Night Election Prayer Call every Tuesday evening until the General Election on November 8th, 2016. We pray for the Presidential candidates and other offices in the House and Senate. We pray for the election process, integrity in counting ballots, eliminating fraudulent ballots, and for those with our Christian values to win by landslides throughout the country.
PrayForElections.com is hosted by The Salt & Light Council (SLC). SLC trains and equips churches nationwide to preserve our culture through Biblical Citizenship. Affiliate Church Leaders appointed by their pastors learn to mobilize congregations to take action as responsible Christian citizens through the PETER formula (Pray. Educate. Take action. Elections. Restoration)
Conference Number: 712-432-1699.
8pm ET / 7pm CT/ 6pm MT / 5pm PT
(30 minutes each week)
3. Confusion on the Ohio Primary Ballot
This is a YouTube video, forwarded to us by Intercessors for America and posted on their Facebook. Please stand against all voter fraud. [Ohioans vote tomorrow: Tuesday, March 15.]
4. Addressing Voter Fraud
There are several excellent sources to help you track and pray over potential voter fraud:
a. iVoters is located on YouTube here.
b. TRUE THE VOTE - Visit their website by going here.
c. BLACK BOX VOTING - Visit this website by going here.
d. PROJECT VERITAS - Visit this website by going here.