CHPP Daily Brief: "Praying for All in Authority" Wednesday, April 20, 2016
Please note urgent prayers for Israel
during Passover, below. Submitted by
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Wednesday, April 20, 2016
"I must work the works of Him who sent Me while it is day;
the night is coming when no one can work." (John 9:4)
David Crowder Band - "How He Loves"
Worship Him together . . . here . . .
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. After bus bombing, Abbas says he rejects 'all terrorism' - Times of Israel
alestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas issued a condemnation of "all forms of terrorism" Tuesday, a day after a Jerusalem bus was bombed, injuring 21 people, and stressed that his administration rejects violence against civilians.
Abbas said during a visit to Germany that "we are against all forms of terrorist activity that affect Israeli and Palestinian civilians." (Read more)
2. Kerry vows to continue pushing for 'two-state solution' - Israel National News
The United States will push for a two-state peace deal between Israel and the Palestinians until the end of President Barack Obama's mandate, Secretary of State John Kerry announced on Monday, according to AFP.
Speaking in Washington to a conference held by J Street, Kerry said attacks like Monday's on an Israeli bus in Jerusalem only underlined the need for a negotiated solution.
"Despite the fact that we have spent time and effort to try to get there for these past few years I can tell you that for these next nine months we will not stop working to find a way," Kerry was quoted as having said. (Read more)
3. EU rejects Netanyahu's comments on the Golan Heights - Israel National News
EU foreign policy chief Federica Mogherini says that the body does not recognize Israeli sovereignty in the Golan Heights. (Read more)
4. Jordan nixes security cameras project on Temple Mount - Ynet News
Amid rising Palestinian opposition to the plans by Jordan and Israel to install security cameras on the Temple Mount, Jordanian Prime Minister Abdullah Ensour announced on Monday that his country would not proceed with the installations.
According to Ensour, the Hashemite Kingdom backed out of the joint initiative due to a lack of Palestinian support for the initiative. (Read more)
5. Hopes for Temple Mount to be 'flattened' expressed at Passover sacrifice ceremony - Jerusalem Post
At a model Passover sacrifice ceremony on the Mount of Olives attended by approximately 400 people, several public figures expressed the hope that the Dome of the Rock shrine and the al-Aqsa mosque will soon be removed from the Temple Mount.
Hard-right Jerusalem city council member Arieh King said he hoped that the Temple Mount would soon be free of what he termed "the abomination" currently at the site, while Rabbi Yisrael Ariel, head of the Temple Institute and a former Knesset candidate for the banned Kach party said the event was preparation for when the Temple Mount would be "flattened and cleaned" and the Temple rebuilt.
The model ceremony included the various ancient Temple rites prescribed by the Torah and Jewish law, including the slaughtering of a lamb by Cohanim, priests, in the white robes used in Temple times, the sprinkling of the blood and the burning of fats and other parts of the lamb on a model altar, and the blowing of trumpets by the Cohanim. (Read more)
The Daily Brief
1. Obama lands in Riyadh for final Saudi visit - Al Arabiya/(and) watch.org
President Barack Obama arrived in Saudi Arabia on Wednesday in what is expected to be his final visit to the kingdom before he leaves office this year.
Dressed in a grey suit, Obama emerged at 1:14 pm local time and descended the steps of Air Force One at the Saudi capital's King Khalid International Airport. He met with Saudi King Salman, before a Gulf Cooperation Council summit of leaders from Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Kuwait, the UAE, Qatar and Oman on Thursday.
The president is set to consult Washington's Gulf allies on the crises in Yemen and Syria in particular. Prior to Obama's arrival, US defense chief Ashton Carter met with GCC defense ministers. (Read more)
- Father God, we ask for Your Hand to rest upon these meetings as Mr. Obama meets with the leaders of the nations of the Gulf Cooperation Council. Lord God, these negotiations are so complex, and their consequences so critical to the future of relations between our nation and the Arab states . . . we simply ask for Your wisdom to rest upon all matters that are now the table. Come, Lord Jesus, we pray, in Your name, amen and amen.
- "I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people- for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness." (I Timothy 2:1,2)
2. Bahrain's parliament calls on state to declare war on Iran and Hezbollah - Jerusalem Post
The parliament in Bahrain issued a statement calling on the government to declare war on Iran and its client terror organization in Lebanon, Hezbollah, following recurrent terror attacks against the state's security forces.
In a statement issued during its meeting on Tuesday, the Bahraini parliament demanded Iran and Hezbollah "cease their hostilities against Arab states in general and the Gulf Cooperation Council in particular."
The parliament lashed out at Iran and Hezbollah, accusing them of "waging terror attacks against local security forces to serve their foreign agenda, destabilize Bahrain and endanger security in the country." (Read more)
- Lord God, once again we come to You for wisdom. We thank You, O Lord, that You and You only are the Omniscient One, and that You do reign from heaven and govern the nations. Even though these leaders in Bahrain may not know You as their Savior, we are confident that, nevertheless, You can move upon their hearts, releasing a spirit of restraint against any hasty moves that would lead them into war, outside of Your will. Father, we ask this prayer in Your name, amen and amen.
- " . . . for dominion belongs to the Lord, and He rules over the nations."
3. Islamic radicalization fuels 'dire' threat to Jews in Europe, congressional panel hears - Jerusalem Post
A congressional human rights commission heard testimony from experts on how Islamic radicalization in Europe has ramped up risk for Jewish communities.
"ISIS especially hates the Jewish people and has instructed its followers to prioritize killing them," Rep. Chris Smith, R-N.J., the chairman of the U.S. Helsinki Commission, said Tuesday, launching the hearing he called in the wake of recent attacks in Europe, and referring to the Islamic State terrorist group behind some of the recent major attacks in Europe.
John Farmer, a former New Jersey attorney general who now leads a Rutgers University initiative to assess how to protect communities vulnerable to terrorism, said terrorist attacks were threatening the viability of Jewish Europe. "The situation on the ground has become dire, the challenge to the Jewish communities has become nothing less than existential," he said. "Many stalwart [Jewish] leaders have become ambivalent about remaining in Europe at all." (Read more)
- Lord Jehovah, He who reigns in the heavens, we thank You that You do look down upon Your people in love. We take note of the threat of the followers of Islam against the Jews in Europe, and we ask You to move upon the hearts of Your people to make aliyah to their homeland of Israel, while time yet remains to do so. We ask that You would cause this warning in Europe to be used for good, so that Your Kingdom purposes will be fulfilled on earth, in Your Name we pray, amen and amen.
- "Do not be afraid, for I am with you;
I will bring your children from the east
and gather you from the west.
I will say to the north, 'Give them up!'
and to the south, 'Do not hold them back.'"
Bring my sons from afar
and my daughters from the ends of the earth."
4. Utah Governor Declares Pornography a Public Health Crisis - Time
Utah Gov. Gary Herbert on Tuesday signed a resolution that declared pornography a public health crisis. The measure calls for education and policy changes to stop pornography exposure and addiction, which the resolution says leads to the hypersexualization of teens, prostitution and cheating spouses, among other problems.
"We realize this is a bold assertion and there are some out there who will disagree with us," Herbert told reporters at a news conference, according to the Salt Lake Tribune. "We're here to say it is, in fact, the full-fledged truth." (Read more)
- Father, we applaud Utah's Governor Herbert for his bravery and tenacity in signing this resolution declaring pornography a public health crisis. We know that many rapists and murderers, including Ted Bundy, got their start in that lifestyle from pornography. We pray Your protection over the Governor and this resolution, and may it be effective in slowing down this terrible addiction, we pray. We thank You, Lord. In Your Name, Amen.
- "Run away from sexual immorality [in any form, whether thought or behavior, whether visual or written]. Every other sin that a man commits is outside the body, but the one who is sexually immoral sins against his own body." (I Corinthians 6:18)
5. (England) Parents blast barmy council for telling kids as young as 4 to pick sex 'they identify with' - The Sun
ANGRY parents have blasted a council that wants kids as young as four to choose the gender "they most identify with" before starting school. It wrote to parents urging them to support their child's choice of "gender identity" in a letter confirming primary school places this week. (Read more)
- Abba, we are appalled that this council would want to introduce the subject of "gender identity" to such small children! These sweet children have been born into families who name them, and dress them, and treat them according to their biological gender at the time of their birth. Surely this would be very confusing to them. We ask for wisdom for the parents as they deal with this situation, and also for the "council" that seems to want to create a problem, where there is none. We thank You for Your direction in this matter. In Your Name we pray, Amen.
- "Jesus said, 'Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these'."It would be better for them to be thrown into the sea with a millstone tied around their neck than to cause one of thee little ones to stumble. So watch yourselves!" (Matthew 19:14; Luke 17:2,3)
6. Magnitude-6.1 tremor jolts Ecuador days after deadly earthquake - Fox News
Ecuador - The death toll from Saturday's devastating earthquake in Ecuador has risen to 525 and could increase by many more, authorities in the country say. Figures given by officials for the number of people missing ranged from 231 to 1,700.
Thousands of people have been left homeless, making them vulnerable to dirty drinking water and disease. A fresh tremor rattled Ecuador overnight, a 6.1 magnitude jolt that was the strongest aftershock since the lethal earthquake killed hundreds of people on Saturday. There was no immediate report of further damage. (Read more)
- Lord, we do continue to ask You to stop these deadly tremors from continuing to shake Ecuador. We thank You that the winds and the waves, and even the mountains and valleys hear Your voice and obey You! And so we ask that You will command them to be at peace, to be still, and to grant Your peace and healing to those who are suffering, we pray, Amen.
- "The earth may fall apart. The mountains may fall into the middle of the sea. But we will not be afraid. The waters of the sea may roar and foam. The mountains may shake when the waters rise. But we will not be afraid." (Psalm 46:2-4)
7. Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton Win Big in New York - CNN
Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton notched resounding victories in New York Tuesday night, answering questions about their command of the race as the front-runners moved significantly closer to their party's nominations.
Their decisive wins usher in a new phase in the 2016 campaign. Both Trump and Clinton have fought bitterly for months to keep their rivals at bay, each slogging through primary contests that exposed vulnerabilities in their candidacies and campaigns. (Read more)
- Lord, we bring this very important issue to You and ask that Your will be done as to the nomination process and the election of the candidate of Your choice. We seek Your wisdom and Your grace. We ask that all things be revealed that need to be revealed, and for upcoming peaceful conventions for both of these parties. Politics is often a "hot-button" issue for a lot of folks, and so we ask for cooler heads to prevail. We thank You that You do concern Yourself with the affairs of men, and ask that You especially do so in this election, for Your glory, and our good. We ask these things in Jesus Name, Amen.
- "It is good that you take hold of one thing (righteousness) and also not let go of the other (wisdom); for the one who fears and worships God [with awe-filled reverence] will come forth with both of them. Wisdom strengthens the wise man more than ten rulers who are in a city." (Ecclesiastes 7:18,19)
The Daily Jot
Wednesday, April 20, 2016
Getting Rights right
Have you noticed that everyone seems to have a "right" that is special to their particular situation? If people don't think they are getting a fair shake, they somehow claim some sort of "right" to allow them to do what is right in their own eyes. They don't even think about what is right or wrong, they just want to have their "rights." The whole bathroom rights controversy is one such thing. North Carolina tries to protect its people by saying that you have to use the restroom of the sex you were born with. Now everybody thinks they have a "right" to use whatever bathroom they want. This has gotten to be lunacy. It doesn't even meet the straight face test. Sometimes you have to just buck up and draw the line in the sand.
The Declaration of Independence is one of the most succinct documents explaining rights. It says, "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."
So, as mankind, we are created equal. We have God-given rights to Life, Liberty and pursuit of Happiness. We formed government to protect those rights. And if the government doesn't do that, we have a right to abolish it and institute new government which is to protect our Safety and Happiness. Pretty simple, right? We give up some freedom for government to protect our general welfare and secure our rights to Life, Liberty and pursuit of Happiness. The government is in place to make sure those who have might do not trample those who don't. We are to be able to live our lives however we see fit, in peace, so long as we do not do harm to others. Laws are established to ensure this, not to be a terror to good people.
How is making someone use the public restrooms of their own gender harmful to the general welfare? In reality, there is more harm to the general public by forcing it to accept the unnatural--risking sexual assault, and mental anguish. Jesus said in Luke 6:31, "And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise." In other words, do no harm. These "right-mongers" shout "social justice" for special treatment to the detriment of others. The acceptance of perversion cannot be forced any more than morality can be legislated. Remember, communism is the abolishment of all religion, morals and property ownership. This is all part of the plan. And the politicians supporting this are exposing themselves rightly.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
National Day of Repentance
National Day of Repentance
USA: April 30, 2016
Overwhelming issues face this and other nations. No person or group can resolve them. We need the Living God to take on the battle, to relent from His judgment, and heal our land.
If we humble ourselves, and pray, and seek His face, and turn from our wicked ways, He will hear from heaven, forgive sin, and heal our land.
Prayer is vital, but more than prayer is needed. Repentance is needed. The Lord is looking for us believers not just to feel sorry for the ways the world and the flesh have infiltrated our lives and our nation. He's looking for each of us sincerely to act on this deep sorrow and to repent: to confess our sins, to renounce them, to decide to turn away from them, and then actually to bear fruit, witnessing to others of a new way of conduct on His path to holiness.
There can be no revival without repentance.
On Saturday April 30, 2016 for the fifth year in a row, National Day of Repentance, a volunteer Christian ministry founded by pastors, www.dayofrepentance.org , is declaring a grassroots "sacred assembly" calling believers in Christ to take at least thirty minutes that day, individually or in groups, in homes or in churches, to pray, to fast, to confess our sins and the sins of our nation, and sincerely take action to repent.
Repentance was a key theme in the major events of April 9 on both coasts: Azuza 2016 and the United Call. From those events a call has gone out for another 21 days of prayers of repentance, www.nationalhighwayofprayer.net, culminating in the National Day of Repentance on April 30. Prayer teams in Australia, New Zealand and Malawi will also be praying and repenting that day and through the National Day of Prayer on May 5.
No major logistics, expense or travel are involved. Simply mark your calendar for "30 on 30" --- thirty minutes of repentance time on April 30. Inform your pastor and your networks. During your repentance time also confess our national sins including, but not limited to, killing of the unborn, idolatry, sexual perversions, and failing to stand with His chosen people, Israel.
We all fall short of His glory. But we are made in His image and He calls us to be holy as He is holy. Repentance is a wonderful privilege by which we are not only forgiven of our sins but have the choice to choose His Purity. He leads us on His paths of righteousness; He loves to cleanse each of us to become His Bride without spot or wrinkle; a glorious church, holy and without blemish.
If we do our part and repent on April 30 we can be certain that He will do His.
Pray for Israel During Passover!
Pray for Israel During Passover!
The Elijah Prayer Army (Excerpt)
A Worldwide Network of Prayer for Israel & the Middle East
"On your walls, O Jerusalem, I have set watchmen; all the day and all the night they shall never be silent. You who put the LORD in remembrance, take no rest, and give him no rest until he establishes Jerusalem and makes it a praise in the earth." (Isa 62:6-7)
"For I will pass through the land of Egypt that night, and I will strike all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and on all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgments: I am the Lord. The blood shall be a sign for you, on the houses where you are. And when I see the blood, I will pass over you, and no plague will befall you to destroy you, when I strike the land of Egypt. 'This day shall be for you a memorial day, and you shall keep it as a feast to the Lord; throughout your generations, as a statute forever, you shall keep it as a feast.'" (Ex 12:12-14)
This coming Friday night, April 22, begins the Feast of Passover. The celebration will last for seven days until April 29 (April 30 outside of Israel).
The Palestinians threaten to renew the terror wave over Israel and the police are on high alert. Yesterday a bomb exploded on a bus in Jerusalem injuring 16 people. It is an unbelievable miracle that no one was killed.
Yesterday, Israel also destroyed a Hamas terror tunnel into Israel. It is an answer to prayer that Israel is now able to detect these tunnels.
The threat against Israel is increasing in the UN. President Obama is not ruling out abandoning Israel in the Security Council. Several experts believe that Obama will do something against Israel before he leaves office in January, 2017. We need to pray!
PLEASE JOIN US IN PRAYER OVER THE FOLLOWING PRAYER POINTS
1. Pray for protection over Israel during Passover when terrorists are threatening to escalate the terror! Pray that all attacks will be exposed and averted or fail to cause harm!
"On that day I will make Jerusalem a heavy stone for all the peoples. All who lift it will surely hurt themselves. And all the nations of the earth will gather against it. On that day, declares the Lord, I will strike every horse with panic, and its rider with madness. But for the sake of the house of Judah I will keep my eyes open, when I strike every horse of the peoples with blindness. Then the clans of Judah shall say to themselves, 'The inhabitants of Jerusalem have strength through the Lord of hosts, their God.'" (Zech 12:3-5)
2. Pray that God will send out his powerful angels to protect and fight for Israel!
"O God, do not keep silence; do not hold your peace or be still, O God! For behold, your enemies make an uproar; those who hate you have raised their heads. They lay crafty plans against your people; they consult together against your treasured ones. They say, 'Come, let us wipe them out as a nation; let the name of Israel be remembered no more.'" (Ps 83:1-4)
3. Thank God for all the terror attacks that have been neutralized or have failed!
"My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth. He will not let your foot be moved; he who keeps you will not slumber. Behold, he who keeps Israel will neither slumber nor sleep." (Ps 121:2-4)
4. Pray that all the plans against Israel in the UN Security Council will fail!
"No wisdom, no understanding, no counsel can avail against the Lord." (Pr 21:30) ". . . give ear, all you far countries . . . Take counsel together, but it will come to nothing; speak a word, but it will not stand, for God is with us." (Isa 8:9-10)
5. Pray that the glory of God will soon return to Zion!
"Now therefore, O our God, listen to the prayer of your servant and to his pleas for mercy, and for your own sake, O Lord, make your face to shine upon your sanctuary, which is desolate. O my God, incline your ear and hear. Open your eyes and see our desolations, and the city that is called by your name. For we do not present our pleas before you because of our righteousness, but because of your great mercy. O Lord, hear; O Lord, forgive. O Lord, pay attention and act. Delay not, for your own sake, O my God, because your city and your people are called by your name." (Dan 9:17-19)
The Persecuted Church
Canada: Closing Of Religious Freedom Office Troubling
Quebec City, Canada, Mar 29, 2016 / Canada's decision to defund its Office of Religious Freedom will harm the country's ability to defend religious minorities and human rights in general, said religious freedom advocates and other supporters of the office.
"If Canada shuts down its Office of Religious Freedom, it will not just harm religious freedom, but Canada's ability to promote all other human rights," attorney Gerald Chipeur told CNA March 21. Chipeur is an allied attorney with the Alliance Defending Freedom legal group and partner with the Miller Thomson law firm in Calgary.
He responded to the government's decision to end funding for Canada's Office of Religious Freedom, which ends on March 31. "The reality is this that in countries where religious freedom is not protected, you will find most other freedoms are also not protected," he said. "In fact, there is a direct correlation between the guarantees of religious freedom and the guarantees of other human rights and democracy."
"Religious freedom is the most important discussion one can have," he said. "You can talk about trade, defense, and other issues, but if you aren't first talking about religious freedom, then you will miss a very important opportunity to promote human rights and democracy." (Catholic News Agency) Read more
Songs Our Grandmothers Sang:
WHAT A FRIEND WE HAVE IN JESUS
"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." (John 15:13)
What a Friend we have in Jesus, all our sins and griefs to bear! What a privilege to carry everything to God in prayer! O what peace we often forfeit, O what needless pain we bear, All because we do not carry everything to God in prayer.
Have we trials and temptations? Is there trouble anywhere? We should never be discouraged; take it to the Lord in prayer. Can we find a friend so faithful who will all our sorrows share? Jesus knows our every weakness; take it to the Lord in prayer.
Are we weak and heavy laden, cumbered with a load of care? Precious Savior, still our refuge, take it to the Lord in prayer. Do your friends despise, forsake you? Take it to the Lord in prayer! In His arms He'll take and shield you; you will find a solace there.
Blessed Savior, Thou hast promised Thou wilt all our burdens bear May we ever, Lord, be bringing all to Thee in earnest prayer. Soon in glory bright unclouded there will be no need for prayer Rapture, praise and endless worship will be our sweet portion there.
Please go here.
About the Author:
Words: Joseph M. Scriven, 1855
Music: Charles C. Converse, 1868
About the Hymn:
Scriven wrote this hymn to comfort his mother, who was across the sea from him in Ireland. It was originally published anonymously, and Scriven did not receive full credit for almost 30 years.
Signs and Wonders
Foam Mysteriously Appears in Japan's Streets Following Large Earthquake
Amidst all the damage and devastation following a huge earthquake last week in southern Japan was a strange sight in some of the streets: white foam, covering driving surfaces and sidewalks.
The foam was spotted in the Tenjin area of Fukuouka city on the northwestern side of Kyushu Island, where a huge 7.0 magnitude earthquake Saturday morning followed a 6.2 temblor on Thursday, according to Mashable. As the foam poured into the streets, social media images and video showed people walking and riding through it, despite the fact that it was knee-high in some places and an unknown substance.
"I saw it just after the earthquake," Tenjin resident Kazuki Nabeta told the Independent.
Officials are still not sure what exactly the foam is or where it came from, but they believe the quake may have ruptured an underground pipe, causing the foam to flow up into the streets, India Today said.
The main 7.0 magnitude earthquake and the 6.2 foreshock combined to kill at least 42 people, left hundreds injured and thousands more homeless on Kyushu Island. Supplies are just beginning to arrive in some of the areas that were isolated during the violent tremors. (The Weather Channel)
> > > Read more and view photos of this foam, here.
"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea." (Luke 21:25)
The Good News Corner
Ancient Passover Teaching Fulfilled in Jerusalem Bus Bombing Survival Miracle
"We will not be broken or despair, because this is exactly what we say on the Seder night, 'That in each generation, they stand against us to destroy us, and God saves us from them.'" -Rabbi Aryeh Shtern, Chief Rabbi of Jerusalem
Israel)-On Monday evening, a bomb went off in a crowded bus in Jerusalem, showering passengers trapped inside with deadly shrapnel and setting it ablaze. In what can only be described as a miracle, no one was killed.
It is thought that a terrorist in the back of the bus set the bomb off. When firemen and rescue personnel arrived, the bus and another nearby empty bus were engulfed in flames, a pillar of smoke visible from far off. Over 20 people were injured, seven moderately, two seriously. Five of the injured suffered from severe shell shock, traumatized by the horror that surrounded them.
Before It's News wrote that it was "a miracle there are no dead." Many in the Hebrew language media echoed the sentiment. Eliyahu Eliovitch, one of the first volunteer medics to arrive at the scene, told the news site Kikar Shabbat, "Thank God, the people of. . . "
Election 2016: Prayer Resources
Election 2016: Prayer Resources
"Choose some wise, understanding and respected men from each of your tribes, and I will set them over you." (Deuteronomy 1:13)
> > > Please find below the Election Prayer Resources that have been recently added to our list. To view the archive section, go here.
To view our recently archived articles, go here.
To view the most recently archived resources, go here.