CHPP Daily Brief: "Praying for All in Authority" Wednesday, April 27, 2016
Did a small meteorite strike rural Maryland Monday morning?
You be the judge! See below for details.
(Signs and wonders section.)
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
United in the Kingdom of God
. . . under the Cross of Christ . . .
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Wednesday, April 27, 2016
"Cry aloud, spare not;
Lift up your voice like a trumpet . . ."
Matt Redman - "10,000 Reasons"
Worship Him together . . . here . . .
Final 21 Days of National Prayers
of Repentance, ends on Saturday.
Go here for details.
National Day of Prayer: Thursday, May 5th
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. Fires break out across Israel as country is hit by heat wave- YNET News
Fires were reported all across the country, including in the Western Galilee between the town of Shlomi and Kibbutz Matzuva and also in the city of Nahariya, where two trees burned down near residential buildings; in the Upper Galilee near Kibbutz Gadot; in Kibbutz Yizre'el near Afula; on Highway 1 connecting Jerusaelm and Tel Aviv, close to Kibbutz Gamzu, and also in the city of Jerusalem; next to the railway between Be'er Ya'akov and Lod, and additionally between Ramla and Kibbutz Na'an.
Ten firefighting crews from around the Western Galilee and four firefighting planes from KKL-JNF are working to put out the blaze near Shlomi on route 70. Firefighters reported that dozens of acres have already burned, as well as banana plantations near Shlomi, but there is no danger to the nearby towns. Meanwhile, electricity has been cut off to Matzuva and the surrounding communities of Kibbutz Kabri and Moshav Avidon. The fire is now reported to be under control.
2. Saudi general: 'If Netanyahu accepts the Arab Peace Initiative, we'll open an embassy in Israel' - Jerusalem Post
Anwar Eshki, a retired Major General in the Saudi army, said Monday that Saudi Arabia will open an embassy in Israel if Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu accepts the Arab Peace Initiative.
During an interview with Al-Jazeera, Eshki was asked: "How many years do you think it will be until we see a Saudi embassy in Tel Aviv?"
Answering the question, Eshki said: "you can ask Mr. Netanyahu. If he announces that he accepts the initiative and gives all rights to Palestinians, Saudi Arabia will start to make an embassy in Tel Aviv."
3. UNRWA celebrates bus bombing, Israel does nothing - Israel National News
Journalist David Bedein, director of the Jerusalem-based Israel Resource News Agency as well as the Center for Near East Policy Research, told Arutz Sheva about the UN event to honor the terrorist who conducted the first bus bombing of the current terror wave, in which he died while wounding 15 victims.
The investigative journalist revealed that Israeli media consciously has been ignoring UNRWA's ties to terrorism, and the Israeli government is culpable as well.
Bedein said he sent a film crew to capture "the festivities for the 'martyr' who fell victim, while encouraging the 'right of return'," in reference to how UNRWA works to keep "Palestinian refugees" from integrating in other countries as opposed to UN policy on all other refugees. UNRWA instead demands all five million descendants of Arabs who left Israel in the 1948 War of Independence be 'returned.'
4. Gaza kids put on play about stabbing, killing Israelis - Times of Israel
Young Palestinian children participating in a festival in the Gaza Strip this week wore military fatigues, and brandished toy knives and machine guns as they performed a play simulating violence against Israelis.
The event was broadcast on a Hamas television channel dedicated to culture, available in Gaza and the West Bank, according to Channel 2 news.
5. US ready to offer Israel largest aid package in history - Times of Israel
White House official indicated on Monday that the Obama administration was ready to offer Israel the largest military aid package offered to any country over the course of US history.
Amid a push by a large majority of senators to increase foreign aid to Israel, a White House official told Reuters: "We are prepared to sign an MOU [memorandum of understanding] with Israel that would constitute the largest single pledge of military assistance to any country in US history."
The Daily Brief
1. The Federal Reserve System is Melting Down, but no one will say so - Tulsa World
Last week, President Obama and Vice President Biden held a hastily arranged secret meeting with Federal Reserve Chairman Janet Yellen. According to the one paragraph statement released by the White House following the meeting, Yellen, Obama, and Biden simply "exchanged notes" about the economy and the progress of financial reform. Because the meeting was held behind closed doors, the American people have no way of knowing what else the three might have discussed.
Yellen's secret meeting at the White House followed an emergency secret Federal Reserve Board meeting. The Fed then held another secret meeting to discuss bank reform. These secret meetings come on the heels of the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta's estimate that first quarter GDP growth was .01 percent, dangerously close to the official definition of recession. (Read more)
- Father, we come to You and ask that the details of this news be made known to the American people. We ask that these discussions will be spoken of publicly and that the Federal Reserve System will speak to it, as well as all of us who are affected. May solutions come forth, and You be glorified, we pray. We thank You that You are Jehovah Jireh, our Provider, and our Stability in this unstable world and economy. In Jesus' name, Amen.
- "Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant, nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, Who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment." (I Timothy 6:15)
2. China Successfully Tests Hypersonic Missile - Free Beacon
China successfully flight tested its new high-speed maneuvering warhead last week, days after Russia carried out its own hypersonic glider test, according to Pentagon officials.
The test of the developmental DF-ZF hypersonic glide vehicle was monitored after launch Friday atop a ballistic missile fired from the Wuzhai missile launch center in central China, said officials familiar with reports of the test.
The maneuvering glider, traveling at several thousand miles per hour, was tracked by satellites as it flew west along the edge of the atmosphere to an impact area in the western part of the country. It was the seventh successful flight test of the revolutionary glider, which travels at speeds between 4,000 and 7,000 miles per hour. (Read more)
- Abba, reading of Russia's military build-up, and now China's, almost sounds like the "last days" scenario before Your return. We thank You that You rule the nations, and that You are our Shield and Protector. We ask that our enemies be confused and scattered by You. We ask that You thwart the evil plans of our enemies and Yours. In Your Name we pray, Amen.
- "Let God arise, and His enemies be scattered; Let those who hate Him flee before Him. As smoke is driven away, so drive them away; As wax melts before the fire, so let the wicked and guilty perish before the presence of God. But let the righteous be glad; let them be in good spirits before God, Yes, let them rejoice with delight." (Psalm 68:1-3)
3. Iran may have secretly tested ballistic missile tech with 'space launch' - Times of Israel
Iran test-fired an advanced rocket system in the Dasht-e Kavir desert last week, according to Russian and American officials, in what some considered a cover for intercontinental ballistic missile research.
The Simorgh, as the rocket is known, is ostensibly designed to launch satellites into orbit. However, the technology involved is "practically identical" to intercontinental ballistic missiles, or ICBMs, and could be used to launch a nuclear device at targets thousands of miles away, according to Amir Toumaj, a research analyst at the Washington-based Foundation for Defense of Democracies think tank.
The rocket launch was initially detected by two separate Russian radar stations at 9:33 a.m. GMT on April 19, Russian media reported, and it was later confirmed by US sources who first disclosed the test fire to the Washington Free Beacon. (Read more)
- Lord, God, we thank You that You know men's hearts, and judge them accordingly. You know the secret intents of the heart. We ask again, that our/Your enemies be scattered, and confounded by You. May they actually fulfill Your purposes in the earth, we pray. Our trust is in You alone! Amen.
- "For the Word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account." (Hebrews 4:12,13)
4. Obama Admin Accused of Misleading Congress on Cash Release to Iran - Free Beacon
The Obama administration faces accusations it has been misleading Congress about the amount and destination of sanctions relief being provided to Iran as part of last summer's nuclear agreement, according to lawmakers and congressional sources who expressed anger at the administration over a range of contradictory facts being offered about the payouts. (Read more)
- Father, we ask You to expose the heart of our president to the people, that they may see his true actions and motivations. We pray that Congress will use their power for good, to protect us as a nation from Iran and their evil desires toward us and Israel. We pray that Congress will be able to assume responsibility here and reverse any evil agreements our president may have made with Iran. We give our praise and allegiance to You, our King, and our Messiah. In Your Name we pray, Amen.
- "O LORD, God of our fathers, are You not god in heaven? And do You not rule over all the kingdoms of the nations? Power and might are in Your hand, there is no one able to take a stand against You." (2 Chronicles 20:6)
5. Cartels Help Terrorists in Mexico Get to U.S. to Explore Targets; ISIS Militant Shaykh Mahmood Omar Khabir Among Them - Judicial Watch
Mexican drug traffickers help Islamic terrorists stationed in Mexico cross into the United States to explore targets for future attacks, according to information forwarded to Judicial Watch by a high-ranking Homeland Security official in a border state. Among the jihadists that travel back and forth through the porous southern border is a Kuwaiti named Shaykh Mahmood Omar Khabir, an ISIS operative who lives in the Mexican state of Chihuahua not far from El Paso, Texas. Khabir trained hundreds of Al Qaeda fighters in Pakistan, Afghanistan and Yemen and has lived in Mexico for more than a year, according to information provided by JW's government source.
Now Khabir trains thousands of men-mostly Syrians and Yemenis-to fight in an ISIS base situated in the Mexico-U.S. border region near Ciudad Juárez, the intelligence gathered by JW's source reveals. Staking out U.S. targets is not difficult and Khabir actually brags in an Italian newspaper article published last week that the border region is so open that he "could get in with a handful of men, and kill thousands of people in Texas or in Arizona in the space of a few hours." Foreign Affairs Secretary Claudia Ruiz, Mexico's top diplomat, says in the article that she doesn't understand why the Obama administration and the U.S. media are "culpably neglecting this phenomenon," adding that "this new wave of fundamentalism could have nasty surprises in store for the United States." (Read more)
- Abba, it seems our enemies surround us at times like this. We thank You for our Covenant with You that embraces our protection and provision from You. You alone are our God, and our Strong Tower. We ask You to send confusion on our enemies, and may they find a slippery path for their feet! May their evil plans come back on their own heads, we pray. We ask that these terrorists will be kept out of our borders and unable to attain their goals and desires toward us, we pray, Amen!
- "You who live in the shelter of 'Elyon, who spend your nights in the shadow of Shaddai, who say to Adonai, 'My refuse! My fortress! My God, in whom I trust!' --He will rescue you from the trap of the hunter and from the plague of calamities, He will cover you with His pinions, and under His wings you will find refuge; His truth is a Shield and Protection." (Psalm 91:1-4)
6. Christian Baker Can Be Forced to Make Gay Wedding Cakes to Stay in Business, Colorado Supreme Court Says - Christian Post
Colorado's highest court declined to hear an appeal from a Christian baker who was found guilty of discrimination for refusing to service a same-sex wedding ceremony. The Colorado Supreme Court decided Monday to not hear an appeal from Jack Phillips of Masterpiece Cakeshop, Inc., who had been found guilty of discrimination by the Colorado Civil Rights Commission.
"Upon consideration of the Petition for Writ of Certiorari to the Colorado Court of Appeals and after review of the record, briefs, and the judgment of said Court of Appeals, IT IS ORDERED that said Petition for Writ of Certiorari shall be, and the same hereby is, DENIED," read the decision.
- Father God, we take this decision to the High Court of Heaven, and we ask that You overrule its finding based upon Your law -- the Word of God. We ask that this decision also be appealed to a higher court on earth, and that Mr. Philips' rights to maintain his business be restored. We ask this in Your Name, amen.
- "For the Lord is our judge . . . and He will save us." (Isaiah 33:22)
7. Supreme Court strengthens free-speech rights of public employees - LA Times
Just in time for the election season, the Supreme Court has strengthened the rights of the nation's 22 million public employees to protect them against being demoted or fired for supporting the wrong political candidate in the eyes of their supervisors.
"The Constitution prohibits a government employer from discharging or demoting an employee because the employee supports a particular political candidate," Justice Stephen G. Breyer said Tuesday.
This applies, he said, even if a supervisor mistakenly assumes an employee is supporting a particular candidate. What counts is "the employer's motive," Breyer said. (Read more)
- We give Thee thanks, O Lord, for this ruling. In Your name, amen.
- "Praise ye the Lord." (Psalm 150:6)
8. 'We Know Our Nation Is in Trouble,' Says Franklin Graham at Texas Capitol - Breitbart
10,000 Citizens Gather at State Capitol to Hear his Message
Franklin Graham greeted thousands who were gathered by the south steps of the Texas Capitol in Austin for this stop on his Decision America Tour 2016.
"We know our nation is in trouble," Graham told the nearly 10,000 people gathered at the state's iconic capitol building. He continued saying, we are in trouble spiritually, economically, racially, and politically. Graham said he has no hope in either political party, Republican or Democrat, he said his hope is in God.
"America's attention is on this election year, but I do not believe Republicans or Democrats or any other party can turn this nation around-only God can," Graham said in a statement obtained by Breitbart Texas. Graham serves as president of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association. "God hears the prayers of his people, so we'll be calling on Christians in every state to pray fervently and faithfully for America."
Referring to the LGBT community, Graham said, "There are more of us then there are of them. We need to be dictating the agenda." (Read more)
- Father God, we are so encouraged by the continued reports of the thousands who are attending every one of Franklin Graham's rallies, all across this nation. Lord God, as we come before You in repentance, on bended knee, asking mercy and forgiveness for our national sins, we ask that You would look down from heaven upon Your Bride, and bring healing and deliverance to our wounded land. We ask this in Your name, amen and amen.
- " . . . if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land." (2 Chronicles 7:14)
The Daily Jot
Wednesday, April 27, 2016
We are not electing a pastor
At the risk of angering some of you beyond reason, last night's primary has set the stage for what many Christians have been saying-"If Donald Trump wins the nomination, I'm not voting." Folks, there is a reality here that we must face up to. Irrespective of the who gets the Republican or Democratic nomination for President, your civic duty is to shape the world around you the best you can for Christ. The early Christians didn't give up because they were under Roman rule. At least we have a say. And, quite frankly, not voting at all or writing someone in who hasn't a chance, is a cop out. Tough words, I know, but we are not electing a pastor. If we were, by the condition of the church, we haven't much to show there either.
Many have written and asked what I want you to do. It's not what I want you to do. It's what the Holy Spirit is telling you to do. We often are so heavenly minded, that we are not much earthly good. We live on earth today. This life we are living is the basis for how we will be judged by the Lord. He has given us the Holy Scriptures to educate us in His ways. He has sent the Holy Spirit to guide us. Trouble is, there has been so much unholy doctrine taught, so many conflicting viewpoints, so much strange fire and noise that we often cannot even discern the truth to make a decision. How many emails have you received that say "Here is the real truth about..." only to find they are nuts? Just saying.
In the lead up to Ronald Reagan's candidacy, Christians became very active at the local political level. We became committee members, assisted in the selection of candidates, and became delegates. We not only elected Reagan, but also a Republican majority in the Senate for the first time in nearly 30 years. This all occurred because we engaged locally. But there were many, many pastors who preached against us, saying that Christians should not be involved in politics. These pastors handicap Christians by their false teachings about Romans 13:1-2, "Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God. Whosoever therefore resists the power, resists the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation."
If this meant to just accept evil rulers, Peter and the Apostles would have brought upon themselves damnation by resisting the Sadducees in Acts 5:29, when they said, "We ought to obey God rather than men." A couple of points: 1) If we don't like the choice of candidates, we have to get involved early in the process-that's not an option now, and 2) we are not electing a pastor-we need to choose the candidate we believe will do the best to protect ourselves and our families and preserve our freedom. To do that, you must vote, and vote for a viable candidate rather than hide behind some esoteric concept of false spirituality or haughty, but misguided, principle. This is real. Life is now. We must act here on earth.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
FRC Offers NDP "Tool Kit"
FRC Offers a "Tool Kit" of Resources for the National Day of Prayer
The Family Research Council has assembled a page of information relating to the Observance of the National Day of Prayer on May 5th in Washington, D.C.
This page includes information on the following topics:
1) Find a National Day of Prayer Event in your state
2) Register to View NDP's live Men's Study & Prayer Meeting online, Wednesday, 10 AM - NOON EDT. FRC is privileged to host the annual NDP Men-only Study & Prayer Meeting featuring Dr. Tony Evans, Dr. Bruce Wilkinson, Dr. James Dobson, Tony Perkins and other great Christian leaders.
3) Watch the National Event on Capitol Hill in Washington, DC, via God.tv/live, on Direct TV, Roku or other services from 9:00 AM till 12:30 PM EDT, and 9 PM till 12:30 AM EDT: See Dr. James & Mrs. Shirley Dobson, Rep. Robert Aderholt, Dr. Tony Evans, Rabbi Jonathan Cahn, Rep. Louie Gohmert, Senate Chaplain Barry Black, Anne Graham Lotz, Veritas, Dr. Dick Eastman, Dr. David Butts, Rev. John Bornschein & others.
Links to register and/or view the events listed are included on THIS SITE.
A Commentary from Rev. Pierre Bynum, Chaplain and National Prayer Director, Familly Research Council:
National Day of Prayer 2016 -- The theme of this year's National Day of Prayer is "Wake Up America," based on Is 58:1. The need could not be greater. Consider these well-known sobering facts: 1) We are in the midst of critical election year that literally could impact the destiny of our nation; 2) We have a president and administration dedicated to advancing abortion and radical LGBTQ agendas as its highest priorities while ignoring matters of national security, religious liberty, the economy and more, while implementing policies that make our problems worse; 3) We have a Supreme Court that has redefined marriage and cannot even protect the Little Sisters of the Poor from federal abuse; 4) We have seen Christian men and women being fired, fined, bankrupted even jailed for refusing to submit to the radical new LGBTQ political correctness; 5) The federal government threatens to withhold federal funding from local school districts that refuse to open up locker rooms, bathrooms showers, sports teams and dressing rooms to members of the opposite sex in the name of non-discrimination; 6) Big-business has openly embraced policies of allow both men and women to use the same bathrooms and dressing rooms, and companies are ganging up on governors and legislatures that attempt to protect religious liberty and public safety of their people; 7) Finally, the church has been compromised and weakened by secret sins of pornography, promiscuity, acts of perversion and even contributing to the abortion epidemic. [Note: this is an excerpt. Go here to read more.]
We join Rev. Bynum in offering this prayer for this year's National Day of Prayer:
May God bless the tens of thousands of volunteers who have spent themselves laboring to advance this great prayer effort! May he now use this important day to stir America to prayer and to make this National Day of Prayer as successful as was the first National Day of Prayer in July, 1775. May God hear our prayer, forgive our sins, and heal our land!
Invitation #1 (IFA)
Intercessors for America Announces a Conference Call:
"Get Out The Prayer 2016 Update"
Dear Praying Friend,
The primaries and caucuses are well underway, and so are our prayers for the upcoming elections. We are blessed and excited to work alongside you in this initiative to Get Out The Prayer for our nation, leaders, and elections. Thanks for standing in the gap by praying for your community and our country.
This is an invitation to join us via conference call for a time of prayer, strategy, encouragement, and the unveiling of a new special GOTP feature.
GOTP 2016 April Conference Call
Thursday, April 28 - 7:00 p.m. (ET)
(712) 432-0075, then enter access code 1412452#
On the call, you will hear ideas on how to grow your prayer group, get the first glimpse of the new feature in Get Out The Prayer, and what it can mean for your community, as well as a dedicated time of prayer for our nation. We hope it will also bring a sense of connection with you and others around the nation who are also serving as leaders in their communities through the GOTP 2016 initiative.
We hope you will be able to join us for this month's call. If you haven't yet created a GOTP online group or invited others to join your existing online prayer group, we encourage you to do that today and get others praying with you in your community!
Thanks again for your passion to serve and join in praying with thousands of other intercessors for the elections and our leaders. We look forward to working alongside you.
INTERCESSORS FOR AMERICA,
PO Box 915,
Purcellville, VA 20134
> > > Read more here.
Invitation #2 (CPFC)
The Congressional Prayer Caucus Foundation Hosts a Live National Congressional Telebriefing
Tuesday, May 10th, at 1:00 p.m. EDT
You are invited to join a National Congressional TeleBriefing on May 10th at 1:30 PM EST to discuss effective strategies to unite Americans around strategies to advance Judeo-Christian principles and protect the faith community from religious persecution.
At a time when strong leadership and unity is essential, members of the Congressional Prayer Caucus are working together with faith leaders to educate, motivate and activate each of us for action.
Participants include Lt. Colonel Allen West, Congressman Robert Pittenger, Congressman Randy Hultgren, Congressman Tim Walberg and the founder of the Congressional Prayer Caucus, Congressman Randy Forbes.
RSVP NOW TO REGISTER by going here.
On May 10, call 888-392-4560 and use code 571-9829 to join! You do not want to miss this strategic National Congressional TeleBriefing hosted by the Congressional Prayer Caucus Foundation.
Invite your pastor, ministry and prayer network leaders, state legislators, or any concerned citizen that will be encouraged and inspired by this call by forwarding this special invitation to them. Please contact Jessica Young at JessicaYoung@CPCFoundation.com with any questions or comments.
For such a time as this,
Congressional Prayer Caucus Foundation
> > > Read more here.
Update: National Day of Repentance (II)
Update: National Day of Repentance (Part Two)*
To encourage you to take "30 minutes on the 30th" --- and to pass the word to others---here are some simple thoughts about repentance:
1. It doesn't have to be punishment. There is a sacrament called "penance" practiced by many in the body of Christ. May it bless all who participate. It may include repentance but often also has an aspect of punishment which may dissuade participation. I may be overlooking something but I see encouragement, more than punishment, in the words of the Risen Christ regarding repentance.
2. Invite the Lord to help you. The Lord is our Shepherd leading us into His paths of righteousness. He stands at the door knocking, seeking to "dine" with each of us. In this communion, He speaks to each of us encouraging us to refocus on His ways, to purify as His Bride, to be an overcomer to sit with Him on His throne as He overcame and sat down with His Father on His throne. [Revelation 3: 19-22]
3. Get in touch with the deep sorrow that is in your heart. That deep sorrow opens the mind and heart for repentance. [ Allan Parker's You Tube video is an example of this.]
4. Take action to demonstrate your repentance. As you finish repenting on a given old sin pattern, renounce it verbally under the blood and name of Christ. Then experience the freedom and joy of the Lord becoming your strength. Now go out in your surroundings and bear fruits worthy of repentance, displaying His purity through you to others.
> > > *This is Part Two of a three-part series. Part Three will be published tomorrow.
Pastor Jeff Daly
The Persecuted Church
Heartbreak in China as Wenzhou Church is Demolished for Improperly Built Cross
(Wenzhou, Zhejiang-April 26, 2016) Authorities in China's coastal Zhejiang province demolished a church building on April 13, after reportedly claiming that the church's cross was positioned too high.
A demolition team consisting of several dozen people tore down Island Head Christian Church in the city of Wenzhou, declaring that the building was illegally constructed. Church leaders and other attendees resisted the demolition at first, but relented after officials threatened the protesters.
One of the church attendees estimated that a value of approximately 3 million Yuan (U.S. $460,000) was lost in the destruction of the three-story church building.
Songs Our Grandmothers Sang:
THE EVERLASTING SONG
"We have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous."
(1 John 2:1)
Come, O my soul, my ev'ry pow'r awaking, Look unto Him Whose goodness crowns thy days; While into song angelic choirs are breaking, O let thy voice its thankful tribute bring.
Tell how alone the path of death He trod;
Tell how He lives, thine Advocate with God;
Lift up thy voice, while Heav'n's triumphant throng,
Swell at His feet the everlasting song.
Think, O my soul, now patiently He sought thee, Far, far away upon the mountain steep; Then in His arms how tenderly He brought thee, Home to His fold, a weary, wand'ring sheep.
Sing, O my soul, and let thy pure devotion Rise to His throne, thy Savior, Friend, and Guide; Sing of His love that, like a mighty ocean, Flows unto thee, and all the world beside.
Soon, O my soul, thine earthly house forsaking, Soon shalt thou rise the better world to see; Then will thy harp, a nobler strain awaking, Praise Him Who died to purchase life for thee.
About the Author:
Words: Fanny Crosby
Music: John R. Sweney
Signs and Wonders
Possible Meteorite Strike In Maryland
Federal officials will be investigating whether a meteorite struck an area just outside Washington, DC.
WJLA-TV reports firefighters found the rock while responding to a brush fire in Bowie, Maryland early this morning. (Monday)
The Bowie Volunteer Fire Department knocked down the fire and tweeted photos of the scene, which showed a small crater and charred debris.
No injuries were reported. NASA, however, seems to doubt the link between the strike and the fire.
Mike Kelley, a program scientist in NASA's Planetary Defense Coordination Office, told WTOP that that's not even possible, that meteorites "on a small scale do not start fires.
"They're not hot enough when they reach the ground," Kelley said.
(Source: WBAL Radio; Baltimore, MD)
> > > Read more and view more photos by going here.
"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea." (Luke 21:25)
The Good News Corner
Bright flash of light marks incredible moment life begins when sperm meets egg
Human life begins in bright flash of light as a sperm meets an egg, scientists have shown for the first time, after capturing the astonishing 'fireworks' on film.
An explosion of tiny sparks erupts from the egg at the exact moment of conception.
Scientists had seen the phenomenon occur in other animals but it is the first time is has been also shown to happen in humans.
"To see the zinc radiate out in a burst from each human egg was breathtaking." Professor Teresa Woodruff, Northwestern University
Not only is it an incredible spectacle, highlighting the very moment that a new life begins, the size of the flash can be used to determine the quality of the fertilised egg.
Election 2016: Prayer Resources
Election 2016: Prayer Resources
"Choose some wise, understanding and respected men from each of your tribes, and I will set them over you." (Deuteronomy 1:13)
> > > Please find below the Election Prayer Resources that have been recently added to our list. To view the archive section, go here.
To view our recently archived articles, go here.
To view the most recently archived resources, go here.