Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Wednesday, April 13, 2016
"Worthy are You Our Lord and God to receive glory and honor and power, for You created all things, and by Your will they existed and were created." (Revelation 4:11)
Kari Jobe - "Beautiful"
Worship Him together . . . here.
" . . . may the whole earth be filled with his glory." (Psalm 72:19)
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. Israelis warned of 'increase in brazen terror attacks around the world' - Jerusalem Post
The Prime Minister's Office's Counter-Terrorism Bureau released its yearly warning Tuesday ahead of the upcoming holiday season in which large numbers of Israelis traveling abroad could prompt terror attacks against Israeli and Jewish targets. (Read more)
2. As Palestinians head back to the UN, cause for concern in Israel - Times of Israel
Unlike last time Israel faced a hostile resolution at the United Nations Security Council, in December 2014, this time there is virtually no chance that it will fail to garner the required majority.
That means that the key to fending off the latest Palestinian attempt to get Israel condemned at the UN's most important body lies with US President Barack Obama. He will be in the awkward position of having to either veto a resolution despite agreeing with its content, or to abstain or support it, thus further alienating America's staunchest ally in the Middle East and allowing political opponents at home to portray his party as anti-Israel. (Read more)
3. Former IDF Chief of Staff pushes PA peace deal - Israel National News
Israel should attempt to make a peace deal with the Palestinian Authority (PA), Former IDF Chief of Staff Benny Gantz stated Tuesday night, or else it will remain "stuck."
"Even if it doesn't work, we at least have to try," Gantz opined, during a Tel Aviv conference at the Institute for National Security. He added that Israel should strive for peace on the local, regional, and international level - but only with a security agreement with the PA.
"It is strategically important," he continued. "After all, if there is any arrangement, the only thing that will hold it steady is a security agreement. It is important to insist on it." (Read more)
4. Rivlin to meet with spiritual leaders of all faiths, call to maintain calm at Temple Mount - Jerusalem Post
Renewed pilgrimages to the Temple Mount have brought about fear that, as the Passover holiday approaches, a violent upsurge will break out.
Following consultations with the Ministry of Defense and the National Security Council, President Reuven Rivlin decided to meet with leaders of the Jewish, Christian, and Muslim world in order to issue a joint call to act with restraint and maintain calm in the wake of the holiday, Channel 2 reported. (Read more)
5. Kuwaiti columnist calls on Muslim nations to recognize Israel - Israel Hayom
Kuwaiti media personality Yousuf Abd Al-Karim Al-Zinkawi called on all Muslim countries to recognize Israel immediately in an article for Kuwait-based Al-Seyassah newspaper, according to a report released by the Middle East Media Research Institute. The article also called on Muslim countries to stop referring to Israel as the "Zionist entity" or the "Israeli occupation." (Read more)
6. Insight for Intercessors: Weekly Bulletin
To read this week's report, please go here.
The Daily Brief
1. Russian jets speed past US Navy destroyer in 'simulated attack profile,' official says - Fox News
Two Russian warplanes buzzed a U.S. Navy guided-missile destroyer in the Baltic Sea in what a defense official called a "simulated attack profile," one of several close encounters between the destroyer and the aircraft this week.
The USS Donald Cook (DDG-75) was conducting flight operations with a Polish helicopter Monday when two Russian Su-24 attack aircraft approached at an "unsafe" speed and altitude and buzzed the Navy destroyer as the helicopter was taking off from the destroyer's flight deck, the defense official told Fox News.
The Russian jets came within 1,000 yards of the destroyer, flying just 100 feet off the ground, a defense official said. The next day, a Russian jet came within just 30 feet of the destroyer, the defense official said. (Read more)
- Father God, we come to You on bended knee, asking for Your mercy to help in time of need. We know not why these Russian attack aircraft buzzed our Navy destroyer, but You, Holy One, do know the deep and hidden things that move men's hearts. Come, Lord Jesus, protecting our troops, in Your Name, amen.
- "For He will give His angels charge concerning you, To guard you in all your ways." (Psalm 91:11)
2. Analysis: Israel and the Saudis covert ties - Jerusalem Post
Egypt and Saudi Arabia's agreement on two Red Sea islands and Israel's approval of the deal according to foreign reports is likely a continuation of covert contacts and common interests.
Israel's approval of Egypt's move to give the islands of Sanafir and Tiran back to the Saudis is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the secret processes taking place behind the scenes.
The ceding of the islands is apparently part of the changes made in recent years to the peace treaty between Israel and Egypt. As part of these changes, Israel let Egypt move more troops into Sinai than the treaty originally allowed for, in order to aid in the fight against Islamic State's affiliate in the peninsula. (Read more)
- Once again, O Lord, only You know what moves the hearts of men and of kings to take the actions they do. We praise You for the outcome of these treaty adjustments, as we see Egypt coming alongside Israel in the common effort to fight ISIS. Thank You, Lord, amen and amen.
- "He reveals mysteries from the darkness And brings the deep darkness into light." (Job 12:22)
3. Civilian Airliners are now under threat of being shot out of the sky - Prophecy News Watch
Civilian airliners are now under threat of being shot out of the sky thanks to American-backed Islamist groups being supplied the portable Stinger surface-to-air missiles (MANPADS) by the U.S. and their Middle East allies, such as Saudi Arabia, in Syria. Taking a page straight out of the 1980's Afghanistan playbook, these strategic weapons were provided to extremist groups in an effort to assist in toppling the Assad government.
The truth was laid bare by Saudi Foreign Minister Abdel al-Jubeir, in an interview with German publication Der Speigel, when he said, "We believe that introducing surface-to-air missiles in Syria is going to change the balance of power on the ground . . . just like surface-to-air missiles in Afghanistan were able to change the balance of power there."
Confirming these reports, the U.S. and Turkish-backed Al Hamza brigade reportedly posted pictures showing off their new missile acquisition, while Ahrar al-Sham downed a Syrian Su-22 ground-attack plane with a MANPAD in southern Aleppo. (Read more)
- O Jehovah, the Covenant-Keeping God, we praise You for Your promises of protection from our enemies. We come against this evil plot to shoot civilian aircraft out of the sky . . . terrorism against innocents. We bind up spirits of fear that would attack, in an effort to paralyze or immobilize our people. Fight our battles for us, Lord, and show Yourself strong, and the only Living God. We worship You alone, and our hope is in You! We ask that these missiles will misfire, and we pray in Your name, amen.
- "He will cover you and completely protect you with His pinions, And under His wings you will find refuge; His faithfulness is a shield and a wall. You will not be afraid of the terror of night, Nor of the arrow that flies by day." (Psalm 91:4,5)
4. China criticizes G-7 statement on South China Sea - Washington Post
Beijing on Tuesday strongly criticized a statement from foreign ministers of the Group of 7 industrialized countries taking aim at China's island-building activities in disputed sections of the South China Sea.
For the second straight day, Foreign Ministry spokesman Lu Kang defended China's land-reclamation work in the Spratly island group and accused the G-7 of diverging from its mission of safeguarding the global economy.
"Given the sluggish global economic recovery at the moment, the G-7 should have focused on global economic governance and cooperation instead of hyping up maritime issues and fueling tensions in the region," Lu said in a statement posted on the ministry's website.
"China is strongly dissatisfied with relevant moves taken by the G-7," he said. (Read more)
- Father, as Your watchmen on the wall in these perilous times, we see that we must remain focused on events not only to our west, but also to our east. We ask for Your grace to be able to sense the stirrings of our enemies, in both directions at once. We lift up this report, and we ask that You would quell the tensions in Beijing in this hour, by Your mighty Hand and in Your name, we pray, amen.
- "And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive." (Matthew 21:22)
5. The US economy is facing an 'impossible trinity' that will be a nightmare for investors - Business Insider
In a note out Tuesday, Rineesh Bansal, an analyst at Deutsche Bank, wrote that the US economy was striving to achieve three outcomes: higher wages, more inflation, and higher profits. The problem is that it can pick only two. (Read more)
- Abba, we bring this dilemma to You, and ask for Your wisdom to be given to those who deal with our national economy. We ask that they be people of integrity, honor and wisdom. May they weigh the possible outcomes of all their proposals, and make those decisions that would best serve the good of our country. We thank You, in Your Name we pray, Amen.
- "No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon [money, possessions, fame, status, or whatever is valued more than the Lord]." (Matthew 6:24)
6. Infighting breaks out in GOP over Senate Leadership Posts - The Hill
Infighting has broken out among Senate Republicans over what their leadership team should look like next year, reflecting broader tensions between the party establishment and conservatives.
Republican lawmakers are split over the question of whether Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah), a close friend of presidential candidate Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas), should have a chance to join the leadership. They debated the touchy subject during a lunch meeting Tuesday but emerged without consensus.
Conservative activists are lining up behind Lee, but many Republican senators are siding with their leaders. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) told reporters after the meeting that the internal conference rules support keeping his entire leadership team in place for another two years. But Lee told colleagues behind closed doors that he disagrees. He believes there's now an open seat at the leadership table for him or another up-and-coming lawmaker. (Read more)
- Father, we bring this situation to You, and ask that this greed for power, and "jockeying" for position would stop. We ask that the number one consideration be what is best for our people, and act upon that. We pray for unity and peace among the various factions, that would benefit all of us as a people. We come against strife and division, and render it helpless by the blood of Yeshua, our Passover Lamb. Thank You Lord, that love does cover a multitude of sins, and may that love become more evident we pray, Amen.
- "Salt is good and useful; but if salt has lost its saltiness (purpose), how will you make it salty? Have salt within yourselves continually, and be at peace with one another." (Mark 9:50)
7. Senators ask NBA to pull All-Star game from North Carolina - Washington Examiner
A bipartisan group of senators has asked NBA Commissioner Adam Silver to pull the league's 2017 All-Star game from North Carolina because of a law in that state that many say discriminates against gay and transgender people.
The letter asks Silver to "take a stand against this latest form discrimination and move the 2017 NBA All Star Game away from Charlotte, N.C.," following the passage of a new state law last month that prevents local governments from, for example, allowing transgender people to use the bathroom of their choice.
Sens. Jeff Merkley, D-Ore.; Pat Leahy, D-Vt.; Cory Booker, D-N.J.; Tammy Baldwin, D-Wis.; Patty Murray, D-Wash.; and Mark Kirk, R-Ill., signed the letter sent Tuesday. Kirk is the only Republican signed onto the letter and is running for re-election this year.
"We hold no ill-will towards the people of Charlotte, who passed an antidiscrimination measure that HB2 overturned, or towards the people of North Carolina," the senators wrote in the letter. "However, we cannot condone nor stand idly by as North Carolina moves to legalize and institutionalize discrimination against the LGBT community. Nor should the NBA allow its premier annual event to be hosted in such a state." (Read more)
- Lord God, now that members of the Senate, from both sides of the aisle, have weighed in against the people of North Carolina as they have stood against the LBGT agenda, temporary chaos seems to have broken out in its top leadership structure. Father, if we touch the unclean thing, chaos and instability will follow. Lord God, we repent for the members who have signed this letter, and we ask You to forgive them, for they know not what they do, O Lord. Teach us Your ways, we ask, in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "Teach me your way, LORD, that I may rely on your faithfulness; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name." (Psalm 86:11)
8. ACLU Attempt to Force Catholic Hospital to Perform Abortions Hits Roadblock - Christian Post
A district court in Michigan dismissed a lawsuit that would have forced them to perform abortions. United States District Court Judge Gershwin A. Drain of the Eastern District of Michigan granted Trinity Health Corporation's motion to dismiss a lawsuit leveled by the state chapter of the American Civil Liberties Union.
In his 13-page Monday decision, Judge Drain argued that the ACLU and the plaintiffs it represented lacked the standing to sue Trinity Health over its policy of not performing emergency abortions. (Read more)
- Father, we rejoice that the ACLU's attempt to force this Catholic hospital to perform abortions has failed. We pray that it will continue to fail. As this case winds its way through the court system, we pray for affirmation of the right of the hospital to refuse to practice infanticide, which they find abhorrent, and also the right to life for the unborn. We thank You, in Your Name we pray, Amen.
- "But Jesus said, 'Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them, for of such is the kingdom of heaven.'" (Matthew 19:14)
The Daily Jot
Wednesday, April 13, 2016
The communist dark side or armor of light?
The rise of admitted socialist Bernie Sanders to the Democratic Party's number two contender for US president is an amazing statement about American society. Democrats are choosing between a godless socialist (communist) or an un-indicted criminal progressive (communist) who says she is Christian when it benefits her, but her actions belie the claim. The products of generations of government school indoctrination is finally coming home to roost--younger Americans are not deterred by the polite monikers of communism--rose by any other name--progressive, socialist, liberal. Hillary Clinton, however, has a plan that will place a capstone on the Islamic Marxist takeover of America began by her predecessor.
Her ties to Islam, Saudi Arabia, and the Muslim Brotherhood are well documented. Scattered throughout her body of work are legal and ethical issues that would have landed the less privileged in jail for more than lifetimes. These red flags aside, people still do not want to believe that Clinton is a communist disguised as a Christian moderate. But a close look at her words in a little publicized interview with the New York Daily News reveals her intent to create a communist state emanating from the White House. Her plan includes a ONE TRILLION DOLLAR TAX INCREASE on American citizens to pay for free college tuition, family leave, and what she calls a National Infrastructure Bank.
In other words, a Clinton presidency plans on "restoring basic fairness to our tax code" by raising taxes. Her plan calls for an acceleration of the class warfare of communism through a "fair share surcharge," and taking your inheritance away from you by raising the Death Tax. This is a page out of the Communist Manifesto of redistributing wealth and abolishing all property ownership. Her job creation program rests solely on increasing taxes and employing people to rebuild the nation's highways. The growth in the economy, according to Clinton, is to create more government jobs. These are things, she says, "The Federal Government can and must do to create more job opportunities, to create more growth."
This is taking the benefits of your hard earned work and redistributing them through government programs. It creates two classes of people--the haves and the have nots--a ruling class and a ruled class. It is unbiblical and unrighteous. Solomon wrote in Ecclesiastes 3:13 that every man should "enjoy the good of all his labor, it is the gift of God." Jethro told Moses in Exodus 18:21 to choose leaders who are "able men, such as fear God, men of truth, hating covetousness." The 10th Commandment found in Exodus 20 prohibits covetousness. Who is the government or Hillary Clinton to covet your property, the fruits of your labor, and your inheritance? Courageous men have died fighting over far less. Are we sheep to be led to the communist dark side or warriors of the Lord wearing the armor of light?
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
The Persecuted Church
Idaho Governor Vetoes Bill Permitting Bible as Reference in Public Schools
BOISE, Idaho - The Republican governor of Idaho has vetoed a bill that would permit the Bible to be used a for reference purposes in public school classrooms out of concern that it could result in a lawsuit.
"I have deep respect and appreciation for the Bible as religious doctrine as well as a piece of historic literature," Gov. Butch Otter wrote in a letter accompanying the veto. "However, allowing S1342 to become law is a direct contravention to the Idaho Constitution and it could result for the loss of funding and costly litigation for Idaho public schools." (Christian News) Read more.
Songs Our Grandmothers Sang:
OMNIPOTENT LORD, MY SAVIOR AND KING
"And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places." (Matthew 24:6,7)
Omnipotent Lord, my Savior and King, Thy succor afford, Thy righteousness bring; Thy promises bind Thee compassion to have, Now, now let me find Thee almighty to save.
Rejoicing in hope, and patient in grief, To Thee I look up for certain relief; I fear no denial, no danger I fear, Nor start from the trial, while Jesus is near.
I every hour in jeopardy stand; But Thou art my power, and holdest my hand; While yet I am calling, Thy succor I feel, It saves me from falling, or plucks me from hell.
O who can explain this struggle for life! This travail and pain, this trembling and strife! Plague, earthquake, and famine, and tumult, and war, The wonderful coming of Jesus declare.
For every fight is dreadful and loud, The warrior's delight is slaughter and blood, His foes overturning, till all shall expire; But this is with burning and fuel of fire.
Yet God is above men, devils, and sin, My Jesus' love the battle shall win, So terribly glorious His coming shall be, His love all victorious shall conquer for me.
He all shall break through; His truth and His grace Shall bring me into the plentiful place, Through much tribulation, through water and fire, Through floods of temptation, and flames of desire.
On Jesus, my power, till then I rely, All evil before His presence shall fly; When I have my Savior, my sin shall depart And Jesus for ever shall reign in my heart.
About the Author:
Words: Charles Wesley, 1742
Music: William Croft, 1708
About the Hymn:
Charlotte Brontë describes this hymn in Shirley, chap. ix, as sung in 'Briar Chapel, a large, new, raw, Wesleyan place of worship.' As there was even now a prayer-meeting being held within its walls, the illumination of its windows cast a bright reflection on the road, while a hymn of a most extraordinary description, such as a very Quaker might feel himself moved by the Spirit to dance to, roused cheerily all the echoes of the vicinage, "O who can explain this struggle for life."'
Signs and Wonders
Monster 780-pound gator caught in Florida
Talk about a big catch! This massive alligator was recently tracked down by hunters at Outwest Farms in Okeechobee, Florida.
Outwest Farms owner Lee Lightsey, along with his son Mason, his guide Blake Godwin and two hunters discovered the creature Saturday at one of the ponds on their private ranch.
"We were on a hunt for hogs and happened to come across the gator. There are natural ponds and waterways around for the cows to drink," Godwin told CNN.
"There are lots of gators out there," Lightsey told CNN. "It's the start of mating season. This was a big one."
A big one indeed, the animal weighed in at 780 pounds, according to Lightsey. His son Mason told CNN he estimated it was "almost probably close to 15 feet."
Lightsey told CNN he isn't concerned over records. "It's just fun to see a great day for the hunters, the big ones like that are exciting for the hunters." (Read more and see a photo of this gator here.)
"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea." (Luke 21:25)
The Good News Corner
Huge Shift in Arab World as Muslim Countries Accept Nation of Israel
(Kuwait)-In a true sign of change in the Arab world, Kuwaiti media personality Yousuf 'Abd Al-Karim' Al-Zinkawi called on all Arab and Muslim states to recognize Israel, openly and without delay, and stop calling it "the Zionist Entity" or "the Israeli occupation," terms which undermine Israel's legitimacy.
In an article published in the Kuwaiti daily Al-Siyassa on Saturday, he argued that by sitting alongside Israel at the United Nations, these states have already effectively recognized the Jewish State and they should learn from countries like Qatar and Oman that take a pragmatic approach to Israel and maintain ties with it openly.
Al-Zinkawi writes that the vast majority of the world effectively supports Israel's existence, and the Arab states have begun to move in that direction and should complete the process.
Election 2016: Prayer Resources - Updated
Election 2016: Prayer Resources
"Choose some wise, understanding and respected men from each of your tribes, and I will set them over you." (Deuteronomy 1:13)
> > > Please find below the Election Prayer Resources that have been recently added to our list. To view the archive section, go here.
To view our most recently archived articles, go here.
1. A Free Resource to Help You Pray for Elections
By now many believers are frustrated and disgusted with the tone of our election process. Many are concerned with the candidates we have to choose from. What can we do?
Prayer can change history. And it can certainly influence our election cycle. But how should you pray? America's National Prayer Committee (a group of which our ministry is a part) has just released a timely issue of its magazine, Prayer Connect.
It has the theme, "There's Still Hope: A Call for United Prayer for Our Elections." Because this issue is so important this issue of Prayer Connect is open to the public online. You can read the entire issue, free, by going here.
We highly recommend that you read the articles that are there--and share them with your friends. They will inspire, challenge and equip you to pray with hope for these elections!
Dave Butts, Chairman, National Prayer Committee
2. Election Articles Featured on IFA Website
The website for Intercessors for America (www.ifapray.org) is currently featuring a wealth of resources for effective intercession for this year's election. A few of the featured articles include titles such as: "How can a Christian vote in this Election?", "Does God Care about Government?", and "Voting as an Act of Intercession."
To view these and other article, please visit their website by going here.
3. PrayForElections.Com: A Weekly Nationwide Election Conference Prayer Call
Calls to continue throughout this year
Join ministry leaders and Christian organizations from across the nation who will host one Tuesday Night Election Prayer Call every Tuesday evening until the General Election on November 8th, 2016. We pray for the Presidential candidates and other offices in the House and Senate. We pray for the election process, integrity in counting ballots, eliminating fraudulent ballots, and for those with our Christian values to win by landslides throughout the country.
PrayForElections.com is hosted by The Salt & Light Council (SLC). SLC trains and equips churches nationwide to preserve our culture through Biblical Citizenship. Affiliate Church Leaders appointed by their pastors learn to mobilize congregations to take action as responsible Christian citizens through the PETER formula (Pray. Educate. Take action. Elections. Restoration)
Conference Number: 712-432-1699
8pm ET / 7pm CT/ 6pm MT / 5pm PT
(30 minutes each week)
4. CHPP Sponsors Weekly Prayer Meetings: The Kingdom Prayer Watch
All are welcome to join us at a site near Capitol Hill for a weekly time of intercession, praying for God's will to be done in these congressional and presidential elections. We meet on Friday afternoon from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
If you are visiting Washington and would like to join us, please send Sara Ballenger an email at email@example.com. Include your name and phone number, and we'll get back to you with further details. Welcome!
the Lord is our lawgiver,
the Lord is our king;
it is he who will save us." (Isaiah 33:22)