CHPP Daily Brief: "Praying for All in Authority" Tuesday, December 8, 2015
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Tuesday, December 8, 2015
"For God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love,
and of a sound mind." (2 Timothy 1:7)
". . . under his wings you will find refuge . . ." (Psalm 91:4)
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. Some 200 asylum seekers cross into Israel despite Sinai fence - Times of Israel
Some 200 African asylum seekers managed to cross Israel's new border fence with the Egyptian Sinai since the fence's completion early last year, according to the Ynet news site.
The fence ranges from six to ten meters (20-33 feet) in height. It was constructed at a cost of some NIS 2 billion ($524 million) after the pace of asylum seekers crossing into Israel reached over 10,000 per year in 2012-2013, presaging the flood of migrants reaching Europe over the past year.
The 200 asylum seekers hail from war-torn Sudan and Eritrea. They were caught by IDF forces patrolling on the Israeli side of the border, and were sent to the Saharonim detention facility in the Negev pending a ruling on their asylum status. (Read more)
2. Israel strikes Gaza after attacks on IDF vehicles - Times of Israel
An IDF aircraft attacked what the army called "a Hamas military post" in the northern Gaza Strip early Monday. There were no immediate reports of casualties or damage.
The single strike followed two attacks on IDF vehicles on the border with southern Gaza over the weekend, the IDF Spokesperson's Unit said. (Read more)
3. Elementary school guard assaulted in north, gun stolen - Israel National News
A school security guard was attacked by three men in the northern city of Afula Ilit, apparently suffering violent blows to his head and upper body - despite initial Magen David Adom (MDA) reports indicating he was stabbed.
The man, a 56-year-old security guard at the local Nofim Elementary School, was evacuated to Haemek Hospital in the city, where he was reported to be in light to moderate condition and suffered from wounds to his head.
The attackers beat the guard and stole his handgun before fleeing the scene; security forces are in pursuit to track down the attackers. (Read more)
4. Weeks of violence dampen Christmas spirit at Bethlehem hotel - YNET News
BETHLEHEM - With Christmas only weeks away and the latest Israeli-Palestinian violence showing no signs of abating, gloom has descended on the century-old Jacir Palace hotel in Bethlehem, famed for its soaring stone archways and wrought iron balconies.
The traditional Christmas party has been nixed and reservations are down 50 percent. Empty tear gas canisters litter the street in front of the hotel and charred stains mark spots where protesters burned tires.
After almost three months of absorbing stones and rubber bullets, nearly every front window of the hotel is cracked. When Palestinian youths clash with Israeli troops outside, guests are forced to use the back entrance to dodge plumes of smoke and tear gas. (Read more)
5. Women light Hanukkah candles at Western Wall - Times of Israel
About 100 women gathered at the Western Wall to light Hanukkah candles on Sunday night. Security guards permitted 20 women to enter with their menorahs, but then attempted to ban and confiscate a large communal one being brought in by the Women of the Wall organization.
Knesset member Ksenia Svetlova of the Zionist Union party used her parliamentary immunity to bring the communal menorah in to the site on Sunday night, the first night of Hanukkah, the Women of the Wall said in a statement. (Read more)
6. Hanukka themed 'great debate' seeks to shed light on Israel's future - Jerusalem Post
It was the first night of Hanukka, and the "Great Debate" in Tel Aviv on Sunday between Rabbi Shmuley Boteach and Peter Beinart posed the basic question: What will ensure Israel's commonwealth today, as what occurred more than 2,000 years ago when the Maccabees defeated the Hellenist Greeks? Up first, American Jewish author, political writer, and professor at CUNY, Peter Beinart, said that for Israel to survive, it must eschew the extreme religious nationalism that to some degree motivated the Maccabees.
"The Hanukka story is a very inspiring idea in our time because it's a Zionist story," The Crisis of Zionism author told a packed hall at the David Intercontinental Hotel at the Globes Israel Business Conference, hosted in conjunction with Tel Aviv International Salon and StandWithUs.
"The Maccabees were fighting for national liberation - no question about that, and it was an inspiring fight but they were not fighting for religious freedom for all people," Beinart said.
The Maccabean achievement did not sustain because of internal, moral corruption, Beinart said - a corruption he compares to Israel's treatment of Palestinians in the West Bank, "where the vast majority of people lack citizenship, live under military law, and don't have the right to vote in a government that controls their lives." (Read more)
7. Insight for Intercessors: Weekly Alert
To read this alert, please go here.
The Daily Brief
1. Shooter's Mother Active In US Branch Of Pro-Caliphate Islamic Group
- The Daily Caller
Rafia Farook, the mother of San Bernardino terrorist Syed Rizwan Farook, is an active member of the Islamic Circle of North America (ICNA), a Muslim organization that promotes the establishment of a caliphate and has ties to a radical Pakistani political group called Jamaat-e-Islami.
Farook's affiliation with ICNA was revealed on Friday when MSNBC and other new outlets scoured the Farooks' apartment in Redlands, Cal. An MSNBC reporter found a certificate of appreciation presented to Safia Farook last summer by ICNA's sisters' wing. Though ICNA has not been named as a target in the ongoing investigation into Wednesday's attack, the group has been associated with many others who have engaged in terrorism or plotted to do so.
Founded in 1968 and is based in Jamaica, N.Y., ICNA is considered one of the more conservative Islamic umbrella organizations operating in the U.S. Unlike other groups like the Islamic Society of North America or the Council on American-Islamic Relations, ICNA segregates men and women at its events, a practice endorsed in the Farook household.
A 2010 handbook given to members of ICNA's sisters' wing touts "a united Islamic state, governed by an elected khalifah (caliph) in accordance with the laws of shari'ah (sharia)." The handbook also states that "leadership of al-Jama'ah (or an Islamic state) has the authority to enforce Sharia's political, educational, criminal Justice System etc that is beyond the jurisdiction of a jama'ah." (Read more)
- Father God, we thank You that You have now EXPOSED ICNA for all to see, and the hidden has been revealed. Father, our research has shown us that this ICNA organization is one that trains and mobilizes "women warriors" to advance the caliphate in our nation. We see also that the ICNA has its roots in the Arab Peninsula and is dedicated (in secret) to their first heroine, Khawlah bint al-Azwar, a 7th century Muslim Arab woman-warrior whose battlefield exploits on behalf of Islam are still revered.
Father God, in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ who came in the flesh, we lay axe to the root of this dangerous organization, and through Your Shed Blood, we obliterate their plans to do evil in our nation. We ask for divine intervention, so that every one of the members of ICNA would find You as their own Savior and Lord, in Your name we pray, amen and amen.
- "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
2. 'Mainstream' Muslim Org. (ICNA) Puts Out Jihadi Educational Guide - Clarion Project
A training guide produced by the Islamic Circle of North America in Chicago demolishes the group's pretenses that it's moderate. The book, produced for ICNA members, tells Muslims to wage jihad to conquer the West and establish sharia and repeatedly references the founder of the Muslim Brotherhood as a source.
ICNA's annual convention is one of the largest Muslim-American events year. The group is part of a newly formed Islamist coalition that hopes to unite Muslims into a single voting bloc. Its "moderate" presentation is so effective that it has formed partnerships with churches. ICNA's own internal documents conflict with its contrived image.
The book repeatedly references Hassan al-Banna, the extremist founder of the Muslim Brotherhood and Sayyid Qutb, a Brotherhood cleric whose teachings inspired Osama Bin Lden. That makes sense since ICNA was named in a 1991 U.S. Muslim Brotherhood memo as one of "our organizations and the organizations of our friends." The stated goal of the Brotherhood network in the U.S. was to wage "a kind of grand jihad in eliminating and destroying the Western civilization from within . . ." (Read more)
- Father God, we take up the Sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God, and we sever the link between ICNA and the Muslim Brotherhood, in Jesus' name. We also call null and void any of their attempts to place men in office who obey the dictates of the Koran, thereby endangering the security of our nation. We do this in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, amen and amen.
- " . . . in addition to all, taking up the shield of faith with which you will be able to extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17And take THE HELMET OF SALVATION, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God." (Eph. 6:16,17)
"He made my mouth like a sharpened sword, in the shadow of his hand he hid me; he made me into a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver." (Isaiah 49:2)
3. European Union: ISIS Has Chemical and Biological Weapons - Jewish Press
The Islamic State (ISIS) is armed with biological and chemical weapons but Europeans don't take the existential threat seriously, according to a European Union parliament document. Israeli experts last week also said ISIS is armed with weapons forbidden by the Geneva Convention and that it is a state in every sense of the word, with its own currency, a university and even license plates.
The London Express reported that the parliamentary report states that ISIS "may be planning to try to use internationally banned weapons of mass destruction in future attacks." The document was prepared by the Parliament's political analyst following the ISIS massacres in Paris last month.
ISIS has been trafficking in chemical weapons and also is able to manufacture them by putting together a team of experts with degrees in chemistry and physics. (Read more)
- Oh, Lord, Our God, we pray for the safety of the vast masses of people who are ignoring the very real threat of ISIS and its biological and chemical weapons. Reach down with Your wisdom for the leaders of these countries to know how to uncover and stop all planned terrorist acts. We pray for the coordinated plans of all terrorists to suddenly be uncoordinated and fall apart so that many lives may be saved. We pray for the people of the European Union to look to You for their safety. In the Name of Jesus Christ we pray, amen.
- "So let sudden ruin come upon them! Let them be caught in the trap they set for me! Let them be destroyed in the pit they dug for me." (Psalms 35:8)
4. ISIS amassing an army on Europe's border? - Israel National News
There is an increasing risk of Libya becoming a haven for combatants from Islamic State (ISIS), even as western nations target the extremist jihadist group in Iraq and Syria, the French defense minister warned in comments published Sunday. "We see foreign jihadists arriving in the region of Syrte (northern Libya) who, if our operations in Syria and Iraq succeed in reducing the territorial reach of Daesh (Islamic State or ISIS) could tomorrow be more numerous." (Read more)
- Lord, guide Libya to peaceful solutions and protection as their country is bombarded by ISIIS combatants. You are the protector of all nations. We pray for the release of your peace over the world in the Holy name of Jesus Christ, amen.
- "And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you." (Romans 16:20)
5. Iran tests another mid-range ballistic missile in breach of UN resolutions - Fox News
Iran has carried out a new medium range ballistic missile test in breach of two United Nations Security Council resolutions, a senior U.S. official told Fox News on Monday. Western intelligence says the test was held Nov. 21 near Chabahar, a port city in southeast Iran's Balochistan province near the border with Pakistan. The launch took place from a known missile test site along the Gulf of Oman.
The missile, known as a Ghadr-110, has a range of 1,800 - 2000 km, or 1200 miles, and is capable of carrying a nuclear warhead. The missile fired in November is an improved version of the Shahab 3, and is similar to the precision guided missile tested by Iran on Oct. 10, which elicited strong condemnation from members of the U.N. Security Council.
"The United States is deeply concerned about Iran's recent ballistic missile launch," Samantha Power, U.S. Ambassador to the U.N., said in a statement after the last Iranian ballistic missile test in October. (Read more)
- Dear Lord, You know the illicit activities of the Iranian government and the motives behind their moves in conflict with the agreed on nuclear deal. We ask You to deal with them for their dishonesty and render all activities intended to develop nuclear weapons totally to no avail. We speak a great move of the Lord over the whole country that it might be saved! In the Name of Jesus Christ we pray, amen.
- "He shall judge between many peoples, and rebuke strong nations afar off; They shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks; nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war anymore."
6. Russia expects Iran nuclear deal to be implemented in January - Reuters
Russia's envoy to the U.N. nuclear watchdog said on Monday he expected a historic nuclear deal between Iran and world powers to be implemented in January, leading to sanctions against Tehran being lifted. At talks in Vienna, senior officials from those major powers discussed with Iran a text they have prepared that would close the International Atomic Energy Agency's 12-year investigation of Tehran's past activities while ensuring the IAEA could still check for signs of suspicious behavior.
Under the deal, Iran must scale back its nuclear program, including its stockpile of low-enriched uranium - which it plans to do via a swap for non-enriched forms of uranium with Russia, to remove concerns it could be put to developing nuclear bombs. (Read more)
- Lord God, we ask that You cause this deal to be delayed, in Jesus' name, for You are the Governor of the nations, and our times are in Your hands. In the Name of Jesus Christ we pray, amen.
- " . . . for dominion belongs to the LORD and he rules over the nations."
7. Iraq threatens Turkey with UN action over troop deployment - BBC
Iraq has threatened to go to the UN if Turkey does not withdraw soldiers it sent to areas near the northern Iraqi city of Mosul within 48 hours. Baghdad said the deployment was done without consultation and was a violation of national sovereignty.
Turkish Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu defended the move as routine troop rotation at a pre-established camp. Mosul has been under the control of militants from the so-called Islamic State group since last year. Turkey deployed hundreds of its forces to the town of Bashiqa to train Iraqi Kurdish forces fighting IS. (Read more)
- Once again, Father God, we ask calm for this turbulent border region. Unless this is Your will and Your timing for another world war to break out, we ask that Your heavenly host would intervene to quiet these troubled waters.In the Name of Jesus Christ we pray, amen.
- "Bless the Lord, you His angels, Who excel in strength, who do His word, Heeding the voice of His word." (Psalm 103:20)
8. Venezuela election: Maduro's Socialists trounced - BBC
The opposition in Venezuela has won a majority of seats in the National Assembly, overturning nearly two decades of dominance by the Socialists of President Nicolas Maduro. Five hours after polling ended, the National Electoral Council announced the opposition had won 99 seats. President Maduro has admitted defeat, recognising "these adverse results". It is the worst-ever defeat for the leftist movement founded by former leader Hugo Chavez in 1999.
"The results are as we hoped. Venezuela has won. It's irreversible," tweeted (in Spanish) Henrique Capriles, a leading opposition figure in the Democratic Unity Roundtable and a former presidential challenger. (Read more)
> > > To read Maduro's plans for Venezuela, now that he has lost this election, go here.
- Lord God, today we rejoice with those who rejoice in the nation of Venezuela, as the evil hand of tyranny under the administration of Nicolas Maduro has now been broken. We decree that it is a new day for the people of Venezuela: a day of freedom, in which their own desperate needs for food, electricity, and adequate medical care can now be met. We ask that Your Hand of protection would rest upon Henrique Capriles and his household, as he assumes the mantle of leadership for Venezuela, and we come against any scheme that would undermine his authority. In Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "Rejoice with those who rejoice . . ." (Romans 12:15)
9. Jimmy Carter Healed?: 'Scans Show No Signs of Brain Cancer' - CBN
Former President Jimmy Carter says his latest scans show no signs of cancer. Carter made the announcement at a Sunday school class he was teaching at Maranatha Baptist Church in Plains, Georgia. "The church, everybody here, just erupted in applause," Jill Stuckey, a friend, told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
In August, the 91-year-old revealed that doctors had found four small melanoma lesions on his brain as well as one on his liver. He received a round of radiation targeted at those tumors and regular doses of Keytruda. Carter has remained active during treatment, continuing his humanitarian work and volunteering with Habitat for Humanity. Now doctors at Emory University's Winship Cancer Institute say recent tests show no signs of the previous cancer "spots" and no evidence of new malignancy. (Read more)
- How we rejoice at this good news for former President Carter! Bless You, Lord for Your mighty power over this enemy of Your people and we pray that President Carter's testimony will be a witness to the world of Your healing power. In the Name of Jesus Christ we pray, amen.
- "I have seen his ways, and will heal him: I will lead him also, and restore comforts unto him and to his mourners." (Isaiah 57:18)
10. Supreme Court turns down gun ban challenge - The Columbian
Justices appear to give green light to lawmakers who want to restrict sales
he Supreme Court gave an apparent green light Monday to lawmakers who want to restrict the sale of guns such as the rapid-fire weapons that have been used in the recent wave of mass shootings from Paris to San Bernardino, Calif. The justices by a 7-2 vote turned down a Second Amendment challenge to a local ordinance in the Chicago suburb of Highland Park that banned the sale or possession of semi-automatic guns that carry more than 10 rounds of ammunition.
In dissent, Justice Clarence Thomas said the high court, by refusing to consider a challenge to that law, was "relegating the Second Amendment to a second-class right."
The court's decision was not a formal ruling - the justices simply decided not to consider an appeal by gun rights advocates. But it strongly suggests the majority of the court does not see the Second Amendment as protecting a right to own or carry powerful weapons in public.
"The court's decision will encourage gun control advocates to push more cities and states to enact assault weapons bans," said University of California, Los Angeles, law professor Adam Winkler, an expert on gun rights."The justices appear anything but eager to enter into the Second Amendment fray again," he added. "Perhaps, like many in America, some of the justices are viewing gun control through the lens of the recent mass shootings." (Read more)
- Father, we submit this decision to You, and ask that You intervene in Congress, that they not restrict the sale of guns in our nation. In the Name of Jesus Christ we pray, amen.
- "Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven. For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them." (Matthew 18:19,20)
11. (Australia) ISIS Hacks Church Website to Post Beheading Videos, Threaten Christians - Christian Post
Militants from the Islamic State terrorist organization have hacked the website of an Australian-Syriac Catholic Church, posting sickening execution videos and threatening to wage war against non-believers until Rome is conquered.
The website for Our Lady of Mercy Syriac Catholic Church in Sydney was hacked last week by IS jihadists who posted footage of IS fighters beheading, shooting and burning victims alive.
The congregation took to its Facebook page last Thursday to announce that the website was hacked by the infamous terror group. Additionally, the church believes that it was targeted by the militant group because it consists of mostly people from Iraq and Syria and has been actively involved in helping to provide shelter for Iraqi and Syrian refugees who have fled because of the heinous violence being perpetrated by IS.
Priest Rahal Dergham said during an interview with Daily Mail Australia that as the intense persecution and pain is experienced by members of the congregation and their beloved family members, the parish no longer has any fear left to give.
"We have our families still under the threat of ISIS and the majority has been hurt, displaced or raped. I don't think at this stage we have any fear, we have lost everything," Dergham declared. "They [the church members] feel a big loss has happened. We're always hoping that at one stage ISIS would be defeated and we would be back to our towns and churches and monasteries and villages and properties, and business as usual. [But] people have lost hope." (Read more)
- Lord God, we first lift up the members of this church, asking for Your Hand of protection to rest upon each one. These ISIS terrorists are doing this to try to unnerve us, but in You, we do stand strong. We ask, dear Lord, for Your angelic protection over all of our internet systems in this day, as many are now experiencing challenges with their email systems. We thank You, Lord, that You are the God over all things in cyberspace, and that this prayer is not beyond Your reach. Help us, O Lord we pray, and deliver us from our enemies. In Jesus' name we pray, amen and amen.
- "Rescue me from my enemies, LORD, for I hide myself in you." (Psalm 143:9)
"My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth." (Psalm 121:2)
The Daily Jot
Tuesday, December 8, 2015
"Trump" ing Islam at America's doorstep
Presidential candidate Donald Trump Monday called "for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on." Trump cited a Pew Research poll in his news release that indicated 25% of the Muslim population agreed that violence against Americans in the US is justified as part of the global jihad and 51% agreed that Muslims in America should have the choice of being governed according to Shariah. Almost immediately, Trump drew criticism from Hillary Clinton, Jeb Bush and Marco Rubio, calling his remarks offensive, reprehensible, outlandish and divisive. But in reality, Trump is in alignment with US immigration law.
The Immigration and Nationality Act. passed June 27, 1952 and became Public Law 414, states in Chapter 2 Section 212 the prohibition of entry to the US if the Alien belongs to an organization seeking to overthrow the government of the United States by "force, violence, or other unconstitutional means." It also prohibits the entry of Aliens who are members of or affiliated with any organization that advocates or teaches, the overthrow by force, violence, or other unconstitutional means of the US or of all forms of law, and Aliens who publish, circulate and distribute materials teaching or advocating the overthrow by force, violence or other unconstitutional means of the US Government or of all forms of law.
This by its very definition would rule out Islamic immigration to the US, but this law is being ignored by the White House and by presidential candidates who think it divisive and reprehensible to ban the entry of those whose ideology is Islamic. All Muslims who attest that the Koran is their life's guiding principal subscribe to submission to Islam and its form of government. This is not religious discrimination because Islam, disguised as a religion, seeks to bring all people under submission to Sharia. It is in their Constitution, the Koran, which commands Islamists to conduct violence against or to kill those who do not submit to allah and the prophet--at least 109 times, in context.
Trump pointed out that Islam's hatred for America is "beyond comprehension." He stated, "Until we are able to determine and understand this problem and the dangerous threat it poses, our country cannot be the victims of horrendous attacks by people that believe only in Jihad, and have no sense of reason or respect for human life." The current "president" has seeded America with hundreds of thousands of such people. Galatians 6:7 says, "Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatever a man sows, that shall he also reap." The crop is growing. When it reaches harvest, America will rue the day it elected this "president" and the politically correct cowards that support his way of thinking. Irrespective of what you think about Trump, he is absolutely in alignment with US law and the right to self defense on this issue.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
No Margin for Terror
No Margin for Terror
If Americans tuned in to the president's speech last night hoping for a substantive, long-term strategy to defeat ISIS, they're still waiting. In a rare talk on terrorism (from an even rarer setting), the president managed to talk for 13 minutes without saying anything new. Backed into a corner by tragedies his failed policies helped create, President Obama tried to answer his critics on the administration's inadequate response to radical Islam. But after a familiar lecture on tolerance and gun control, all he accomplished was proving his opponents right.
Obama, who delivered just his third address from the Oval Office, seemed somewhat less at home there than he does on late-night television (where he's appeared almost four times as often). But the setting did lend a certain gravity to the moment that had been lacking in his other comments. Unfortunately, that gravity didn't translate into concrete policy goals -- much to the disappointment of everyday Americans, who are increasingly avoiding stadiums and shopping malls, Senator Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) fired back, because they're scared. "They're scared," he went on, "not because of these attacks, but the growing sense we have a president that's completely overwhelmed by them." (Family Research Council) Read entire article by going here.
Too Little, Too Late
Too Little, Too Late
By Gary Bauer
Published Monday, Dec. 7th
If you tuned in last night to President Obama's Oval Office address expecting to hear something important, you were probably sorely disappointed. For those of you who missed it, here's my brief analysis.
- First of all, why was he standing, speaking from a podium, in the Oval Office? I was pondering that question and listening to his tone, which struck me as exasperated. He sounded like someone who just couldn't get the audience to calm down and listen to him. Then it occurred to me -- he sounded like a professor lecturing a class.
- The president reiterated a constant theme of his administration, saying that we should not give in to fear. He misses the point. We are not afraid of radical Islam. We are afraid of his weak response to it.
Much of what Obama has said about ISIS -- comparing it to a junior varsity team, claiming it's contained, insisting that it can't attack us here -- has been wrong. We are afraid his politically correct policies are making the country more vulnerable.
- Obama acknowledged last night that we are in a war. But he still fails to understand what is going on. If ISIS were gone tomorrow, what about Hamas? Hezbollah? The Muslim Brotherhood? Boko Haram? Al Qaeda? We are not at war with just ISIS. We are at war with supremacist Islam.
- Obama again lectured Americans about our own alleged bigotry. As I thought about this last night, recalling the horrific morning of 9/11 and the long chain of events since that day -- the Fort Hood massacre, the beheading in Oklahoma, the attacks on recruiting offices in Little Rock and Chattanooga -- I cannot recall one case where a Muslim in America was killed out of anger against Islam. Maybe there is one, but the fact that I can't think of it tells me that what the president ought to be doing is congratulating us rather than lecturing us.
- Obama doubled down on the left's misguided agenda. He called for more "gun control," saying individuals on the no-fly list shouldn't be allowed to buy guns. His insinuation is that the San Bernardino jihadis were on the no-fly list. They were not. (By the way, more than 70 employees at the Department of Homeland Security are on the terrorist watch list. How does that happen?)
Even though California has some of the strictest gun control laws in the country, that didn't make any difference last week. Obama declared that we were helping Turkey secure its border. Why aren't we securing ours?
In short, the president's speech was too little, too late. He offered no new ideas, and I suspect the country has largely tuned him out.
Middle East Revivals
Middle East Revivals:
DAY THREE: EGYPT
Undoubtedly, the severe persecutions and disruptions related to the "Arab Spring" have affected the lives of Christians throughout this nation, but the faithful have remained strong. Martyrdom invites outsiders to examine the claims of those willing to die for Jesus. It is believed that many amazing things are taking place in Egypt.
Officials raid Guizhou house church, order Christians to stop meeting
(Guiyang, Guizhou-Dec. 3, 2015) More than 30 officials from several government departments attempted to raid a weekly gathering of a house church in China's southwestern Guizhou province and ordered the church to stop meeting and pay a 100,000 Yuan (U.S. $15,650) fine on Nov. 29.
Yang Hua, one of Huoshi Church's pastors, described the incident to a China Aid reporter on Nov. 30: "Yesterday, there were more than 30 personnel from the Guiyang Municipal Planning Bureau, Nanming District Urban Management Bureau and [a local] police station. Some were in plainclothes, and they did not show identification . . . While I was preaching yesterday, they tried to raid the church but were stopped by some church members. Later, they took some video footage of the pantry and library for evidence, and a verbal dispute happened between them and our church members."
According to Yang, the officials warned that, if the church fails to stop their services, a fine will go into effect, The fine is the result of a Nov. 18 notice that claimed the church members changed the intended use of their privately owned property. The notice claimed that failure to revert the space to its originally intended use would result in a fine of 20 Yuan (U.S. $3.12) per square meter per day that was to begin accumulating on Nov. 22. At the time of the officials' attempted raid on Nov. 29, the fine had reached more than 100,000 Yuan (U.S. $15, 650).
"We said we don't agree with this punishment," Yang said. "We believe that they interfered with our regular church service. This is an act of religious suppression. Specifically . . . the Constitution stipulates that we have freedom of religion."
Church attendees stated they intend to file an administrative repeal in an attempt to overturn this action. (China Aid) Read more.
Our Grandmothers' Songs
Songs Our Grandmothers Sang:
FAIREST LORD JESUS
"Who is this . . . fair as the moon, bright as the sun, majestic as the stars?" (Song of Solomon 6:10)
Fairest Lord Jesus, Ruler of all nature, O Thou of God and man the Son, Thee will I cherish, Thee will I honor, Thou, my soul's glory, joy and crown.
Fair are the meadows, fairer still the woodlands, Robed in the blooming garb of spring; Jesus is fairer, Jesus is purer, Who makes the woeful heart to sing.
Fair is the sunshine, Fairer still the moonlight, And all the twinkling starry host; Jesus shines brighter, Jesus shines purer Than all the angels heaven can boast.
All fairest beauty, heavenly and earthly, Wondrously, Jesus, is found in Thee; None can be nearer, fairer or dearer, Than Thou, my Savior, art to me.
Beautiful Savior! Lord of all the nations! Son of God and Son of Man! Glory and honor, praise, adoration, Now and forever more be Thine.
Please go here.
Sung by: Truro Children
About the Author:
Words: Written by German Jesuits as Schönster Herr Jesu in the 17th Century. Published in the Münster Gesangbuch, 1677, and translated from German to English by Joseph A. Seiss, 1873.
Music:Crusader's Hymn Silesian folk song from Schlesische Volkslieder, 1842; arranged by Richard S. Willis, 1850
About this Hymn:
The lyrics above are the ones shown in most hymnals. However, Seiss' original translation is somewhat different; he titled it "Beautiful Savior." It is found under this name in many Lutheran hymnals.
Signs and Wonders
Giant column of gas erupts out of Mexico's Colima volcano;
authorities warn of falling ash
Located in the south-western Mexican state of Colima, the volcano - known locally as the Fire volcano - has been exhibiting continuous activity since July 9. The Colima volcano, which is part of the Pacific's Ring of Fire, was also active in January and February.
Mexico contains over 3,000 volcanos, but only 14 are considered active. (Read more)
The Good News Corner
Hanukkah in Paris: 'Victory of the Light'
(Jerusalem, Israel)-[CBN News] About 6,000 people gathered in Paris Sunday evening to light the giant Hanukkiah (menorah) at the foot of the Eiffel Tower, marking the first night of Hanukkah.
The ceremony, sponsored by the Paris branch of the international Chabad-Lubavitch movement, took place despite a citywide ban prohibiting large gatherings in the wake of the November 13 terror attacks, The Daily Beast reported.
Chabad has participated in the annual event in Paris for the past 25 years.
"Paris police had discouraged local Chabad emissaries from conducting public Hanukkah celebrations and called for major lighting ceremonies to be cancelled," a statement on the group's website read. "Chabad has always taken the position that shutting down its Jewish activities would be a capitulation to terror." (Read more)
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
"Hanukkah" Music - Piano Medley
Enjoy this wonderful season of the Festival of Lights as you listen to this music . . .