HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Please note our new email address:
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Wednesday, December 30, 2015
"They will wage war against the Lamb, but the Lamb will triumph over them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings-and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers." (Revelation 17:14)
The Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" (Rev. 22:17)
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
GOD SENDS A SIGN OF LIFE IN THE SKIES OVER ISRAEL
Amazing. Above Israel, "Chai" shines -- the Hebrew symbol of life!
1. Report: US was spying on Netanyahu during Iran deal negotiations - Jerusalem Post
The US National Security Agency's foreign eavesdropping included phone conversations between top Israeli officials and US lawmakers and American-Jewish groups, the Wall Street Journal reported on Tuesday, citing current and former US officials.
White House officials believed the intercepted information could be valuable to counter Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's campaign against the nuclear deal with Iran, according to the unnamed officials, the Journal said.
NSA eavesdropping revealed to the White House how Netanyahu and his advisers had leaked details of the US-Iran negotiations, which they learned through Israeli spying operations, the newspaper reported. (Read more)
2. 2 Israelis arrested for flying drones over Vatican - Times of Israel
Italian police spotted a drone flying over the Tiber River and St Peter's Square on Sunday, and traced its remote control to the hands of one of two vacationing Israelis taking holiday snaps from Umberto Bridge near St. Peter's Basilica in the Vatican City.
The police were on routine patrol to crack down on illegal vendors around the popular tourist area, according to a report by The Local. The men, both aged 33, were taken for questioning and will likely face charges for airspace violation. (Read more)
3. Palestinian Authority rejects possibility of Turkish rule in Gaza - Jerusalem Post
The Palestinian Authority on Tuesday rejected a report that Turkey might subjugate the Gaza Strip to its rule. Hamas has also denied the report, which was first published in the Turkish newspaper Hurriyet Daily News.
The report claimed that Turkey wants free shipping access to the Gaza Strip in order to provide aid to the Palestinians as a condition for restoring normal ties with Israel.
A government source in Ankara told the newspaper that Turkey would not back down from the demand, even at the cost of the collapse of rapprochement with Israel. "We hope this report is not true," said Muhammad Shtayyeh, a senior Fatah official who is closely associated with PA President Mahmoud Abbas.
"President Recep Tayyip Erdogan knows very well that the Gaza Strip is part of the Palestinian territories and not an independent republic. Erdogan also knows that President Abbas is the only address for Palestinian legitimacy." (Read more)
4. 'Those who try to harm Israel will suffer the consequences' - Israel Hayom
IDF Chief of Staff Lt. Gen. Gadi Eizenkot on Monday warned Hezbollah against escalating tensions in the northern sector, saying the Israeli military will be able to counter any threat.
Tensions on the northern border increased last week following the killing of Hezbollah terrorist Samir Kuntar on Dec. 19 in an airstrike near Damascus. Hezbollah head Sheikh Hassan Nasrallah accused Israel of assassinating the infamous terrorist, and vowed that a "painful retaliation will follow."
"We are ready to face any challenge, including the threats looming from the north," Eizenkot said at a ceremony honoring excellence in military units in 2015. "As we have proved in the past, we can get to all those who wish Israel harm. Our enemies know that any attempt to undermine Israel's security will spell severe consequences." (Read more)
5. Netanyahu wins bid to move up Likud primaries - Israel National News
Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu secured a victory at the Likud Central Committee on Tuesday evening, as members of the committee voted to approve his proposal to hold early primaries for the party's leadership.
The vote on the identity of the Likud leader is scheduled for February 23, 2016.
Netanyahu was seeking to move up the primaries, with speculations rampant that his reasoning was to attempt to stop former minister Gideon Sa'ar from running against him for the Likud leadership. (Read more)
6. Groundbreaking Game Changer: Orthodox Rabbis Sign Statement Regarding Christianity - Hebrew Nation News
On December 3, 2015, an incredible document was signed by 50 orthodox rabbis, many of them from Israel. This document lays the groundwork and the foundation for the "two sticks" to become ONE in the hand of the Father (see Ezekiel 37:15-25), and for the "one new man" to emerge and come forth (see Ephesians 2: 10-18). This ground breaking and game changing document lays the foundation for the beginnings of breaking down the wall that has been between Judaism and Christianity. The kingdom split that happened so long ago between Rehoboam and Jeroboam (1 Kings 12:1-19); through repentance and teshuva, through tears and passionate prayer . . . this breach is beginning to be healed. (Read more here)
The Daily Brief
1. With ISIS Rising in Europe, Queen Elizabeth Boldly Declares Faith in Christ - Charisma News
"It is true," she said, "that the world has had to confront moments of darkness this year, but the Gospel of John contains a verse of great hope, often read at Christmas carol services: 'The light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it.'" (Read more)
- Father, we thank You for the courage demonstrated by Queen Elizabeth, in a country that has been negatively impacted by the infiltration of many Muslims and their accompanying system of Sharia law. Father, we ask Your hand of protection to rest upon this monarch. God save the Queen! In the name of Jesus Christ we pray, amen.
2. Turkey supports ISIS, wants to revive Ottoman Empire, Reports Syria's UN envoy - rt.com
Syria's envoy to the UN has accused Turkey of supporting terrorist groups and covering for their invasion into Syria. Urging the UN to end Ankara's "violations and crimes," Bashar al-Ja'afari also warned that Erdogan's goal is to "revive" the Ottoman Empire. (Read more)
- Father, we also have read elsewhere, in the past 24 hours, that Erdogan has now proclaimed himself to be the new leader of the global caliphate, with warnings of war to come. Lord, only You know the truth behind these rumors, but we do see that Erdogan is a man to watch. We pray in the Spirit over this report, submitting this matter to You. In the Name of Jesus Christ we pray, amen.
- "In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God's people in accordance with the will of God." (Romans 8:26,27)
3. Iran conducts 'provocative' live rocket tests near US ships - BBC
Iran's navy conducted rocket tests last week near US warships and other commercial vessels in the Strait of Hormuz, the American military has said. The tests threaten to cause new tensions between the two nations following their landmark nuclear deal. Iran fired "several unguided rockets" about 1,370m (1,500 yards) from two US vessels and a French frigate, US military spokesman Kyle Raines said. (Read more)
- Father God, You are the Prince of Peace. We ask You to intervene in this tense situation, bringing Your calm and Your shalom. We ask this in the name of Jesus Christ, amen and amen.
- "And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace." (Isaiah 9:7)
4. ISIS Finally Comes After the Jews - Huffington Post
. . . suddenly this last Saturday, after ISIS had finally taken a real beating from western forces and air strikes, Baghdadi has reportedly released a message to his demoralized fighters in which he declares, "We are getting closer to you [Israel] day by day. Do not think that we have forgotten about you."
Baghdadi continues, "God caused the Jews of the world to gather in Israel, and the war against them has become easy. It is the obligation of every Muslim to carry out Jihad." He adds, "Jews, you will not enjoy Palestine. God has gathered you in Palestine so that the Mujahedeen can reach you soon and you will hide by the rock and the tree. Palestine will be your graveyard." (Read more)
- Abba Father, Your word has stood over time. Those that bless Israel prosper, and those that curse Israel fail. If ISIS should decide to strike Israel, we pray that the fist of God come down mightily on ISIS. In Your Name we pray, Amen.
- "And I will bless those who bless you, And the one who curses you I will curse. And in you all the families of the earth will be blessed." (Genesis 12:3)
5. State Dept. counts 'bringing peace' to Syria as a 2015 win - POLITICO
The State Department is counting "bringing peace" to Syria as one of its wins in 2015. A boastful recap of the State Department's accomplishments, written by spokesman John Kirby, includes the bold subheadline of "Bringing Peace, Security to Syria" above a more modest entry talking about U.S. aid for those affected by the country's turmoil and the U.S. push for a political transition from President Bashar Assad. (Read more)
- Abba Father, Admiral John Kirby remindsus of the Minister of mis-Information of Iraq who was giving out the news that Iraq was defeating the USA as we were defeating Iraqi forces during Desert Storm II. Abba, we put a stop to this mis-information. May the lies and mis-information from the Obama Administration cease and desist in the Name of Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior. In His Name we pray, Amen.
- "You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies." (John 8:44)
6. Most Americans back Trump's call to halt Muslim influx - WND
Americans are strongly backing GOP presidential primary front-runner Donald Trump's suggestion that all Muslim immigration be halted until the nation can figure out how to handle the threat of imported terrorists.
Nearly 70 percent of those responding to a poll question about halting refugees from Syria agreed with Trump, and almost the same percentage said America should ban all Muslim immigration at least temporarily. (Read more)
- Lord God, whether we agree or disagree with Donald Trump on all the issues, it is clear by this data that the American people have not been taken in by the lies of Islam. Thank You, Father, that the vast majority of the American people have not lost track of our identity of who we are as American citizens. This IS a Christian nation! We ask wisdom for those now in authority as they grapple with the issue at hand. We ask this prayer in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, amen and amen.
- "This is what the LORD says -- your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: "I am the LORD your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go." (Isaiah 48:17)
7. Terminal Confusion? DHS push could make some IDs invalid for flying - Fox News
Millions of air travelers across the U.S. are potentially at risk of finding themselves grounded in the new year thanks to a post-9/11 law that took a decade to finally come into effect. The REAL ID Act, originally passed in 2005, was meant to tighten standards for government-issued IDs like driver's licenses -- to boot, it banned federal agencies from accepting any IDs that don't meet the bar.
That means the TSA technically shouldn't accept driver's licenses from certain states, once the law is in full effect. While Washington let the rules slide for years, the Department of Homeland Security could start to enforce them in 2016 and is pushing states to comply.
And that has the potential to cause confusion, not to mention headaches at the airport -- as many states are still not in full compliance, and different states are operating on different timetables. Here's what to expect in the months ahead: (Read more)
- Father, we lift this upcoming boondoggle before Your Throne of Grace. Help us, O Lord, we pray, in Your name, amen.
- "The LORD is far from the wicked, but he hears the prayer of the righteous." (Proverbs 15:29)
8. National Guard activated amid widespread flooding in Missouri, Illinois - Fox News
Torrential rains over the past several days have caused rare winter flooding across Missouri and Illinois, shutting down portions of two interstates on Tuesday and threatening hundreds of homes.
Record flooding was projected at some Mississippi River towns, while the Meramec River near St. Louis was expected to get to more than 3 feet above the previous record by late this week. Residents in the town of West Alton, Mo., were told Tuesday to evacuate after a levee reportedly failed along the Mississippi River during heavy rains across the state. Mayor William Richter ordered the town's approximate 520 residents who had not already evacuated to get out of harm's way, the Associated Press reported.
At least 18 deaths in Missouri and Illinois are blamed on flooding, mostly involving vehicles that drove onto swamped roadways.
Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon activated the National Guard to assist with security in evacuated areas and to help divert traffic at road closure sites.
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers said Tuesday that the rising Mississippi and its tributaries were threatening to overtop 19 federal levees in the St. Louis area. The threatened areas include Perry and Ste. Genevieve counties in Missouri, and Randolph County in Illinois. (Read more)
- Ah Lord God, You are Master of the Universe and of this planet. You rule the storms and the winds and the rains. You alone are God! We worship You and we praise You. We claim Your mercy for these people who are in such dire straits. In His Name we pray, Amen.
- But now, thus says the LORD, your Creator, O Jacob, And He who formed you, O Israel, "Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are Mine! "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they will not overflow you. . ." (Isaiah 43:1,2a)
9. Obama to Require Background Checks for All 'In the Business' of Selling Firearms - Newsmax
The next shoe to drop on gun control may come by mid-January, when President Barack Obama is expected to issue an executive order requiring everyone "in the business" of selling firearms to perform background checks. (Read more)
- Father God, we weep at this news, and we repent of our own wickedness, that has allowed our own head of state to act so diabolically against the law of the land. Once again, Barack Hussein Obama has chosen to ignore the Constitution of the United States of America, and our Congress, in order to impose his will upon the American people by means of an executive order. We place the Blood of the Lamb over the Second Amendment, and we decree that our right to bear arms in our nation shall not be infringed. In the name of Jesus Christ we pray, amen and amen.
- "You will also declare a thing, And it will be established for you; So light will shine on your ways." (Job 22:28)
10. Bill Calling for Non-Muslim Prayer on the Temple Mount Brings Prophetic Vision One Step Closer - Breaking Israel News
When Non-Muslims Pray on the Temple Mount, Can Messiah Be Far Off?
The Third Holy Temple is at the core of the Jewish view of the End of Days. A new bill was recently proposed by member of Knesset Bezalal Smotrich that, if passed, would allow Jews and Christians to pray on the Temple Mount. This would bring Israel and the nations one step closer to the fulfillment of the prophet Micah's vision that the non-Jewish nations of the world will ascend the Temple Mount and will learn from God how to go in His ways.
The Knesset bill frames the quest for non-Muslim prayer on the Temple Mount in terms of politics. A note added onto the bill explains that "freedom of worship and freedom of access of all religions to the holy places is a basic right in a democracy." (Read more)
- Abba Father, we pray for the day when all people come to the Lord's mountain and to the house of the God of Jacob, for You are there to teach us Your ways. In Your Name we pray, Amen.
- "And many nations shall go, and they shall say, 'Come, let us go up to the Lord's mount and to the house of the God of Jacob, and let Him teach us of His ways, and we will go in His paths,' for out of Zion shall the Torah come forth, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem." (Micah 4:2)
The Daily Jot
Wednesday, December 30, 2015
How Daily Jot predictions 10 years ago stack up today
At the end of 2005, I wrote a Daily Jot entitled "The Year Ahead" looking at what could happen in the year 2006, a decade ago. When I look at what was happening then and what we are seeing today, I am taken back by how rapidly events that were on our radar ten years ago have shaped our culture today. Here is what the Lord was impressing upon me at the beginning of 2006, take a moment to compare it to what we are facing as we enter 2016: "Pundits take this time to apply their experience and knowledge to look forward at what they believe will be major occurrences throughout the new year. Prophetically, there are some profound challenges that may confront God's children in 2006, testing our faith and action.
"Here in America, I think the new year will bring an intensification of the culture wars. We will see in 2006 a major assault on marriage as pro-homosexual groups will continue to tear away at the fabric of traditional family institutions in hopes of redefining modern family and society. America's children will continue under attack-both in terms of values, but also physically. Our children are at the heart of the culture war. Satan's strategy is to destroy this generation through murder, abortion, sexual promiscuity, moral relativism and by blurring the lines between Biblical truth and a one world religion. Look too, for some major ministries to be tripped up because they are playing politics instead of following their first love.
"Internationally, we may well see a sharper division between the world and Israel. China and Russia will continue to use military technology and weapons to peddle influence in the Middle East, destabilize the area and control its natural resources. At the same time, these nations will attempt to expand their political power by using the Islamic nations as puppets in an onslaught against the only obstacle that stands as a roadblock to their goal of Middle East dominance-Israel as assisted by the United States. Developments in Iran, Syria, and Iraq will come into clearer end time focus as the Northern half of Africa may begin to show how Libya and Ethiopia fit in the Ezekiel 38 prophecy.
"Most of these things in of themselves are major apocalyptic events that could be considered overwhelming. Our response as Christians, however, must not come from confusion or fear. Ephesians 6:12-13 reminds us, "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against power, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand." Our job is really as Christ commissioned us in Mark 16:15, "Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature." May 2006 find us so obedient." We have see the cause and effect of these events over the past decade. Let us not grow weary in our focus of what the Lord has commanded us to do.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Signs of Unity
Signs of Unity in His Body This Week
At a time of turbulence and terrorism across the globe, there are signs of unity among Christians, moments when we can experience that we are One Body, One Spirit, with Christ as our Head (Ephesians 4:1-6). That Truth strengthens our faith, confirms God's sovereignty over every enemy spirit, and displays His life and love to a dying world. John 17:23 says: " I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me."
One way that we believers in Christ are being "made perfect in one" is through coordinated prayers of intercession and acts of repentance across denominations and national boundaries.
Two events this week have the potential for demonstrating that unity and making us more "perfect in one" by the Holy Spirit moving us towards Him (Ephesians 5: 26-27).
1. New Year's Sunrise Prayer Relay. At sunrise on New Year's Day many Christians in Australia will participate in a New Year's Sunrise Prayer Relay. You and I in our time zones in other nations are invited to join them. The suggestion is to join other believers in your community 15 minutes before sunrise and pray for around 30 minutes, praying for repentance, revival and transformation in the believers and leaders in your nation, region, city or town. Modified for your nation and town you can also state the following Declaration:
We declare that Jesus Christ is Lord, Lord of our families, Lord of our homes, Lord of our schools, Lord of our towns, Lord of our cities, Lord of our nation and Lord of all of heaven and earth. We thank you for our nation and we pray that revival and transformation would come to Australia and you would grant us the gift of repentance and bring healing to the land according to 2 Chronicles 7:14. We pray for our national leaders, state leaders,local government leaders and church leaders and we bless them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. We pray for a great proclamation of the gospel of the lord Jesus Christ to all nations. "For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son that whoever would believe in Him would not perish but have everlasting life." In declaring Jesus Christ as Lord of Australia and our individual lives we dedicate 2016 to Jesus for His glory.
For more information about the New Year's Sunrise Prayer Relay check out their website:
www.newyearsprayer.org, and the short video
2. France National Day of Repentance January 3, 2016
No Western nation in 2015 suffered from terrorism more than the nation of France. One way of supporting our brothers and sisters in France, and building unity in Christ as His Bride, is to repent personally and pray with them.
On Sunday, January 3, 2016 many of us intercessors in different nations, knowing the power of personal repentance and intercession, will take some time that day to join them in a day of repentance. In 2014 a church outside of Paris held a repentance service that instead of lasting an hour or two lasted until 5 AM given the strong presence of the Holy Spirit! Repentance begins to cleanse us as His Bride, purifying us one by one to be ready for His soon return.
The prayer points are on the NDR website, which you can access by going here.
Take some time that day, by yourself, in a group, in a church service, to pray, to repent personally, to lift up the Body of Christ in France for the Lord's blessing on that special nation with such deep Christian roots.
God bless you and let us know of your participation in these events. Be blessed as we grow in His love and unity thanks to Him.
Pastor Jeff Daly
National Day of Repentance
> > > For more details, please go here.
Update: "Every Joint Supplies"
Update: "Every Joint Supplies"
" . . . speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head-Christ- from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share, causes growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love." (Eph. 4:15,16)
Thank you all for your gracious response to our special appeal, released earlier today, so that we all might support those who are supporting us in our work.
Please find below the names of four more ministries that also deserve our support, including websites for online gifts, for some.
Blessings to all!
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
1. International Prayer Council (IPC)
c/o John Robb
2520 Bosque Entrada Trail NW
Albuquerque, NM 87120
2. Koenig's International News
To Donate, please go here.
3. Breaking Christian News
(Free subscriptions only)
4. Breaking Israel News
To donate, please go here.
The Persecuted Church
60 Christians Detained in China's Province of Xinjiang during November Raid
Authorities across China's western Xinjiang province have detained various individuals in multiple raids since mid-November.
Police detained approximately 60 Christians during a raid on a Nov. 18 gathering and confiscated computers and projectors. All of the detainees were released after half an hour, except for three: Huo Jinrong, Li Yan, and Pan Xianglong. According to Pan's wife, Huo and Li were supposed to be released on Nov. 20 but were not, and all three are still held in the Ili Kazakh Detention Center. (China Aid) Read more here.
Our Grandmothers' Songs
Songs Our Grandmothers Sang:
PRAISE HIM, PRAISE HIM
"I will praise the Lord all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live." (Psalm 146:2)
Praise Him! Praise Him! Jesus, our blessèd Redeemer! Sing, O Earth, His wonderful love proclaim! Hail Him! hail Him! highest archangels in glory; Strength and honor give to His holy Name! Like a shepherd, Jesus will guard His children, In His arms He carries them all day long:
Praise Him! Praise Him!
Tell of His excellent greatness.
Praise Him! Praise Him!
Ever in joyful song!
Praise Him! Praise Him! Jesus, our blessèd Redeemer! For our sins He suffered, and bled, and died. He our Rock, our hope of eternal salvation, Hail Him! hail Him! Jesus the Crucified. Sound His praises! Jesus who bore our sorrows, Love unbounded, wonderful, deep and strong.
Praise Him! Praise Him! Jesus, our blessèd Redeemer! Heav'nly portals loud with hosannas ring! Jesus, Savior, reigneth forever and ever. Crown Him! Crown Him! Prophet, and Priest, and King! Christ is coming! over the world victorious, Pow'r and glory unto the Lord belong.
Please go here.
About the Author:
Words: Fanny Crosby, 1869
Music: Chester G. Allen
About the Author:
Fanny Crosby was probably the most prolific hymnist in history. Though blinded by an incompetent doctor at six weeks of age, she wrote over 8,000 hymns. About her blindness, she said:
It seemed intended by the blessed providence of God that I should be blind all my life, and I thank him for the dispensation. If perfect earthly sight were offered me tomorrow I would not accept it. I might not have sung hymns to the praise of God if I had been distracted by the beautiful and interesting things about me.
In her lifetime, Fanny Crosby was one of the best known women in the United States. To this day, the vast majority of American hymnals contain her work.
To read more about the life of this amazing woman of God, please go here.
Signs and Wonders
US storms: Missouri floods close Mississippi near St. Louis
A five-mile (8km) section of the Mississippi River near St Louis, Missouri, has been closed to vessels as rising water levels caused "hazardous conditions", the US Coast Guard said. Storms and tornadoes have lashed the region in recent days, swelling rivers and causing flash flooding. Missouri Governor Jay Nixon said 13 people in the state had died in the floods. (BBC) Read more.
The Good News Corner
UK Education Secretary Takes On Humanists: Schools Must Teach Children It's a Christian Country
(United Kingdom)-Schools in the United Kingdom must teach students that Britain is "in the main" a Christian country and are also not required to promote non-religious worldviews, the Education Secretary has said.
According to a report from the Telegraph, Nicky Morgan, the Education Secretary, on Sunday sidestepped a controversial High Court ruling which found she "unlawfully excluded atheism from the school curriculum" by issuing new guidelines which state that religious education should "reflect the fact that the religious traditions in Great Britain are, in the main, Christian." (Breaking Christian News) Read more here.
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
Chris Tomlin - Adore
Good all through the year . . . yes, Lord!
Two Daily Conference Calls
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners encourages you to participate, any day of the week, on these calls which are each ongoing, day and night! To learn more about how you can join these calls, please go here.