CHPP Daily Brief: "Praying for All in Authority" Friday, December 18, 2015
1-1-1: A Call to PrePrayer for the New Year
by Anne Graham Lotz
To read this moving call to intercession,
planned for January 1st, please go here.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Friday, December 18, 2015
"For in the time of trouble He shall hide me in His pavilion; In the secret place of His tabernacle He shall hide me; He shall set me high upon a rock."
to rest upon our nation next week, our Daily Brief will be published Monday - Wednesday, Dec. 21-23.
We will stand down for Christmas Eve and on Christmas Day. Thank you. . . and Merry Christmas, everyone!
". . . under his wings you will find refuge . . ." (Psalm 91:4)
Abide in Me . . .
Abide in Me . . .
This week, celebrating the end of the third week of advent, with the theme of . . . JOY!
...Reflecting the joy that Mary, Joseph, the Angels and Shepherds felt the night of Jesus' Birth!
May we experience this same joy this Christmas season, anticipating the celebration of remembering Jesus' birth!
"Then the angel said to them, 'Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great Joy which will be to all people. For there is born to you this day in city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.'" (Luke 2:10-11 NKJV)
"Rejoice in the Lord Always!"
(Excerpts taken from this week's Weekly Bible Study, written by Susan L. Turner)
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
GOD SENDS A SIGN OF LIFE IN THE SKIES OVER ISRAEL
Amazing. Above Israel, "Chai" shines -- the Hebrew symbol of life!
1. Experts say Hamas and ISIS cooperating to fight their new common enemy: Egypt - Jerusalem Post
Hamas and Islamic State in Sinai have been cooperating in the smuggling of weapons, demonstrating that while Hamas is a nationalist Islamist movement, it also has common roots from which to build a functioning relationship with jihadists.
"Over the past two years, IS Sinai helped Hamas move weapons from Iran and Libya through the peninsula, taking a generous cut from each shipment," according to a Washington Institute for Near East Policy report on Tuesday by Ehud Yaari, a Lafer International Fellow at the think tank.
2. Abbas takes aim at political enemies with mass dismissals, cabinet reshuffle - Jerusalem Post
Palestinian officials accused President Mahmoud Abbas on Wednesday of abusing his powers to settle scores with political rivals in the Palestine Liberation Organization and his own Fatah faction, by his unexpected cabinet reshuffle and dismissal of two dozen other officials in the past week.
In the reshuffle announced at the beginning of the week, Abbas replaced three cabinet members with men more loyal to him, as ministers of culture, justice and social welfare.
3. Netanyahu signs off on controversial natural gas deal - Jerusalem Post
Putting an end to nearly a year of squabbles that all but froze the nation's natural gas sector, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Thursday signed a legal clause to activate the sector's long-disputed framework agreement.
While the gas framework in question - a deal aimed at settling disagreements between the developers and the government - received cabinet approval in August, the plans faced additional hurdles after failing to receive the approval of the antitrust commissioner.
4. Jordanian air force pilots pay 'working visit' to Israel - Times of Israel
Jordanian media reports that pilots from the Royal Jordanian Air Force conducted a "working visit" to Israel recently.
One pilot, Majdi Asmadi, refused to join the delegation and was subsequently ejected from the air force, according to the reports, which were cited on Wednesday by the Israeli daily Haaretz.
The reports quote Asmadi saying he had joined the air force in order to fight Israel, not visit it or cooperate with it.
5. Jewish Cemetery in Poland vandalized; Graves Covered in Anti-semetic Graffiti
Vandalas in the Polish city of Sochaczew desecrated a Jewish cemetery over Sunday night.
Slogans such as "**** Jews" and the "Holocaust never happened" were scrawled across the Ohel HaTzadik memorial, next to others about Muslims, for example, "Islam will dominate" and "Islamic State was here."
7. Israel and Turkey reach 'understanding' on restoring ties - BBC
Israel and Turkey have reached a preliminary agreement on normalising relations, an Israeli official said. Ties broke down after the Israeli navy raided a flotilla trying to break Israel's blockade of Gaza in 2010. Ten Turkish activists were killed. The deal will see Israel compensate families of those killed while Turkey will drop all claims against Israel, the unnamed official said. (Read more)
10. Kuwait Airways scraps London-New York flight after dispute over Israeli passengers - CNN
Did Kuwait Airways just scrap an entire flight service to avoid carrying Israeli passengers? The airline has this week pulled its connection between New York's JFK airport and London Heathrow after U.S. authorities threatened legal action over alleged discrimination.
The U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) in September warned the Kuwaiti carrier that it had "unlawfully discriminated" against a passenger using an Israeli passport by refusing to sell him a ticket. It sent a letter giving the airline 15 days to outline how it would in the future comply with anti-discrimination laws.
Kuwait Airways response, according to the DOT, appears to have been to drop its London-New York route. "On December 15th, Kuwait Airways informed the U.S. DOT that they will be eliminating service between JFK and London Heathrow," a spokesperson for the DOT told CNN. Online booking services showed no future flights available from the airline. (Read more)
9. Weekly Update from Intercessors for Israel
To read this update, please go here.
10. Weekly Report from Bridges for Peace
To read this update, please go here.
11. Weekly Report from Insight for Intercessors
To read this update, please go here.
The Daily Brief
1. Dow plunges 367 points in 2nd day of steep selling - CNN
The Dow plunged 367 points on Friday, its fourth-biggest decline of the year. The S&P 500 retreated 1.8% and the Nasdaq lost 1.6%.
The wave of selling came from a slew of factors, including renewed concerns about the impact of the Federal Reserve's first interest rate hike in almost a decade and the pace future increases. Even though the move represented the central bank's vote of confidence in the U.S. economy, it comes during a delicate time for the global economy amid China's slowdown. (Read more)
- Father, in addition to the reasons cited above for this sudden plunge in the markets, we take note that this timing coincides exactly when the House, and then the Senate, were funding a budget that authorizes the continued funding of abortions in Planned Parenthood clinics across the nation. God, we cry out . . . we are so lost . . . help us, O Lord, we pray in Your name, amen.
- "Death has climbed in through our windows and has entered our fortresses; it has removed the children from the streets and the young men from the public squares." (Jeremiah 9:21)
Note: You can take action to support LIFE next month, by joining Intercessors for America in their "Call to Pray for the National Sanctity of Life 2016.," by going here.
2. Virginia County Board Shuts Down Schools Over Arabic Lesson - Think Press
The uproar over an Arabic assignment at a Virginia school has grown to the point where school district officials have canceled Friday classes for all schools under their authority.
The controversy began earlier this week at Riverheads High School in Staunton, Virginia over a World Geography class assignment in which students copied a piece of Arabic text as part of a calligraphy lesson. But when students discovered that the phrase they copied was the Shahada, meaning, "There is no other God but Allah and Muhammad is his messenger," they pushed back.
Now, the furor over the lesson has reached such a fever pitch that the Augusta County School Board has canceled classes, saying in a statement that, while there have been no threats, the complaints have increased and "based on concerns regarding the tone and content of those communications," the board has chosen to close schools on Friday. (Read more)
See also: "Students sing "Allah Akbar" at holiday concert" - Fox News. Go here.
- Father, we are grieved and annoyed that this teacher, and other teachers across the nation, are endeavoring to indoctrinate our children to believe that "allah" and You are the same God. We ask that these efforts would be stopped now, and we declare and decree that You alone are God, and there is none other! You are our Creator, and we acknowledge You and You alone, as the one true God. We put the blood of Jesus over these children, regardless of age, to protect them from lying spirits and deceit. We cancel the assignment against them, and declare that they see and hear and know that You alone are God, and worthy of their praise. May they receive You as their Savior we pray, Amen.
- "Listen to Me, house of Jacob, all who remain of the house of Israel: I have borne you from birth, carried you since the womb. Till your old age I will be the same---I will carry you until your hair is white. I have made you and I will bear you; yes, I will carry and save you. To whom will you liken Me and equate me? With whom will you compare Me, as if we were similar?" (Isaiah 45:13-15)
3. Obama won all year long over GOP, White House crows - The Washington Times
The White House gloated Thursday that President Obama triumphed over Republican majorities on virtually all of his priorities in 2015, from a climate change pact to the Iran nuclear deal - most of which were accomplished by sidestepping Congress.
At his final press briefing of the year, White House press secretary Josh Earnest launched into a long list of goals achieved this year by Mr. Obama, starting with the restoration of diplomatic ties with Cuba. He noted that Republicans failed to stop the move, and said it was "an indication of how much of the year has gone."
"There were Republicans who walked into this session of Congress emboldened by their strong new majority in the Senate and their historically large majority in the House," Mr. Earnest said. "But their opposition to many administration priorities melted away in the face of the administration's determined and forceful effort to advance our agenda." (Read more)
- Father, no matter how this president views himself, Your Word stands true and cannot be denied. In Jesus' name, amen.
- "Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall." Proverbs 16:18)
4. Obama huddles with Bloomberg as he preps order on guns - WND
President Obama went behind closed doors, and off official White House schedule, to meet with former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg - the nanny of city governance who's helped finance a massive campaign to challenge the National Rifle Association - and discuss gun control.
"The two discussed ways to keep guns out of the hands of those who should not have access to them and what more could be done at the state and local level to help address gun violence in America," the White House said in a statement released after the meeting.
Obama's close adviser, Valerie Jarrett, also attended the White House meeting, Breitbart reported. (Read more)
- Lord God, we continue to plead the Blood of the Lamb over the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution: the right to bear arms. We ask that You would, in Your mercy, dispatch Your heavenly host to help stand guard against this right we enjoy as free citizens, for the battle is Yours, Abba. In Jesus' name, amen.
- "He said: "Listen, King Jehoshaphat and all who live in Judah and Jerusalem! This is what the LORD says to you: 'Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God's." (2 Chronicles 20:15)
5. Obama to release 55 Gitmo inmates - WND
U.S. ambassador reportedly murdered by Guantanamo detainee
President Barack Obama is about to release or transfer 55 Gitmo prisoners, despite reports that the Libyan believed to be behind the killing of US Ambassador Christopher Stevens was a former Guantanamo inmate transferred to Libyan custody. The large percentage of those scheduled to be released are Yemeni, according to a list made public by the Obama administration. Obama stopped the release or transfer of Yemeni inmates in 2010, because the conditions in the country were viewed as too "unsettled" at the time. (Read more)
- Lord, we are not happy about the president's plan to release 55 more Gitmo inmates, as they are violent men, who desire to destroy us. We ask for Your divine intervention in this situation. Again,we look to You as our Shelter and Protector. We ask that if any of these individuals attempt to kill any more Israelis or Americans, that You would stop his/their hands. Arrest them, Lord, and show Yourself to them, captivate their hearts, Lord, and may they be as the Apostle Paul, who was totally transformed into one who served You with all his zeal and heart! In Jesus' name, amen.
- "The nations have fallen into the pit they have dug; their feet are caught in the net they have hidden. The Lord is known by His acts of justice; the wicked are ensnared by the work of their hands." (Psalm 9:15,16)
6. Neighbor of San Bernardino Attackers Faces Terrorism Charges - New York Times
RIVERSIDE, Calif. - Enrique Marquez, who supplied the assault rifles used to kill 14 people in a massacre in San Bernardino, Calif., this month, was arrested Thursday and charged with crimes including conspiring to support terrorists. Court papers show that he and one of the attackers had steeped themselves for years in radical and violent Islamist propaganda, including the teachings of the extremist cleric Anwar al-Awlaki and bomb-making techniques from an Al Qaeda magazine. (Read more)
- Thank You, Lord, that this man is now off the streets and in custody. We ask that he be kept in prison now, for the rest of his life; and that all his accomplices be found and brought to justice, too. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "The wicked are overthrown and are no more, But the house of the righteous will stand." (Proverbs 12:7)
7. Governor Brown Declares State of Emergency in San Bernardino County - ABC7.com
Gov. Jerry Brown declared a state of emergency in San Bernardino County Friday evening to help the community recover from the Dec. 2 terror attack. The declaration orders the California Department of Public Heath to assist the county's health services division until it can resume normal staffing on its own.
The Office of Emergency Services will also provide assistance to San Bernardino County under the California Disaster Assistance Act. Any fees involving death records for the victims in the terrorist attack will be suspended.
Fourteen people were killed and 22 were injured when shooters Syed Farook and his wife Tashfeen Malik opened fire during a holiday banquet at the Inland Regional Center. The couple was later killed during a police shootout less than a mile away from the center. (Read more)
- Father, during this Christmas week, especially, we ask for healing for all who have been directly impacted by the shootings in: San Bernardino, Colorado Springs, and in Paris. In Jesus' name, amen.
- "Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted." (Matthew 5:4)
8. Feds can't say whereabouts of those whose visas were revoked over terror threat - Fox News
The Obama administration cannot be sure of the whereabouts of thousands of foreigners in the U.S. who had their visas revoked over terror concerns and other reasons, a State Department official acknowledged Thursday.
The admission, made at a House oversight hearing examining immigrant vetting in the wake of major terror attacks, drew a sharp rebuke from the committee chairman. "You don't have a clue do you?" Rep. Jason Chaffetz, R-Utah, told Michele Thoren Bond, assistant secretary for the Bureau of Consular Affairs. (Read more)
See also: "IMMIGRATION LOOPHOLES: Terror probe reveals marriage-for-visa scam" - Fox News
- Lord God, even though these terrorists may be slipping through the cracks of Homeland Security, we know they can never "slip through the cracks" of Your own, all- seeing eye. Abba, thank You for revealing more and more of these schemes to our intelligence community, and we ask for Your hand to continue to guide them in this life-or-death search, in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you." Psalm 32:8)
9. UN Security Council adopts resolution to cut off ISIS funding - Jerusalem Post
The UN Security Council on Thursday unanimously adopted a resolution to cut off funds for the Islamic State. . . Measures such as asset freeze, travel ban and arms embargo will be taken against the Islamic State, also known as the IS, ISIS and Daesh that controls large swaths of Syria and Iraq, including oil and gas fields, according to the resolution. (Read more)
- Father, we thank You for this action of the UN Security Council to cut off ISIS funding. We pray for success in this fight against ISIS, not only economically, but also in combat in the air, and on the ground. May ISIS feel the wrath of a Holy God against their murderous acts. Humble them before You, O Lord, and may they surrender to You, the only true God, and renounce all other gods, we pray, In Jesus Name, Amen.
- "God resists the proud, But gives grace to the humble. Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you." (I Peter 5:5-7)
10. IS 'sends bullets to Italian minister' - The Daily Telegraph
Italian Justice Minister Andrea Orlando has received bullets and a threatening letter written in Arabic and purporting to be from Islamic State. A ministry spokeswoman said the letter was signed "ISIS" . . .
Delivered to the ministry in Rome on Thursday along with two bullets for a Kalashnikov, the letter contained the phrase: "We will come to Rome and cut off your head. God is great," the spokeswoman said.
The letter and bullets have been sent for analysis along with the envelope they arrived in, which was addressed to the minister and stenciled in English. Italy ramped up security after Islamist attacks in Paris on November 13 killed 130 people. Islamic State claimed responsibility for the gun and bomb assault on the French capital. Neither Orlando nor the ministry had received threats of this kind in the past, the spokeswoman said.
Bullets are among the objects Italy's organised crime groups have traditionally sent in the post (mail) to threaten their enemies. (Read more)
- Father, we pray for divine protection of all world leaders as the nations unite to fight ISIS. We do this in Your name, amen.
- Psalm 91 and I Timothy 2:2-4
11. US Lawmakers Pass Sweeping Hezbollah Sanctions Bill - Breaking Christian News
In a 425-0 vote, lawmakers approved mandatory sanctions on banking institutions that knowingly conduct transactions for the terror group. A similar bill in the Senate, authored by Senators Marco Rubio (R-FL) and Jeanne Shaheen (D-NH), was unanimously passed last month.
"We need to send a clear message to companies getting tangled up with this terrorist group," Rep. Eliot Engel (D-NY), the top Democrat in the House Foreign Affairs Committee, was quoted by The Hill as saying. "And that message is: Walk away, or face the consequences of the United States of America."
The new bill is meant to instruct the Obama administration on reporting measures of Hezbollah's activities, including drug trafficking and organized crime around the world. Companies that conduct business with Hezbollah's television station, Al-Manar, would also come under scrutiny. (Read more)
- Father, we rejoice in this glorious news, and we now place the full force of Your Word over this report, so that these Hezbollah funds would, indeed, be fully and completely cut off. In Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "So will My word be which goes forth from My mouth; It will not return to Me empty, Without accomplishing what I desire, And without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it." (Isaiah 55:11)
" . . . but the wicked will be cut off from the land, and the unfaithful will be torn from it." (Proverbs 2:22)
12. Is Russia gearing up for war with Turkey? - Israel National News
After the downing of its jet by Turkey Moscow also rushed its latest S-400 air defense system to the Hmeimim base in Syria. That system has a range and capacity that far outstrips the weaponry on board the Moskva, meaning the ship may not have much strategic necessity. But by dispatching a key warship like the Moskva - with its crew of some 500 - the Kremlin seems to be making a clear statement of strength. (Read more)
- Lord God, we pray in the Spirit over this report, asking that You direct the hearts of these leaders according to Your will. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come." (Matthew 24:6)
Obama Signs $1.8 Trillion Budget
Obama signs $1.8 trillion funding and tax deal
Dear Prayer Partners,
Tonight we are saddened to have to report this news to you. The budget which was passed late last night by the House, and then approved later today by the Senate, includes many features that we have asked to be removed.
Among these include the continued funding of Planned Parenthood (even as they continue to market baby parts for sale), and the funding to receive 7,000 Syrian refugees into our country next year.
Obama then quickly signed this bill into law before leaving town for his annual vacation in Hawaii.
As we publish the articles below, we simply ask each of you to not give up hope, but to pray in the Spirit over all of these issues, for our Sovereign God still rules in the affairs of men. We join you in calling forth His redemptive purpose over each item that was funded in next year's budget. In His Name we offer this prayer, amen.
- "'The decision is announced by messengers, the holy ones declare the verdict, so that the living may know that the Most High is sovereign over all kingdoms on earth and gives them to anyone he wishes and sets over them the lowliest of people.'" (Daniel 4:17)
1. Obama signs $1.8 trillion funding and tax deal - The Hill
President Obama signed a $1.8 trillion deal to fund the government through September 2016 and extend tax breaks Friday afternoon. His signature concludes weeks of negotiations between the parties as lawmakers head home for Christmas.
Despite grumblings from some members of both parties, the House passed the $622 billion tax deal on Thursday by a 318-109 vote, and the $1.1 trillion omnibus spending bill Friday morning 316-113. The Senate passed both in a combined package shortly after in a 65-33 vote.
The deal marks a major achievement for new Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.), who delivered 150 Republican votes for the spending bill. Obama said Ryan deserved "kudos."
"He has been professional. He has reached out to tell me what he can do and what he cannot do. I think it's a good working relationship," Obama said at a year-end press conference. (Read more)
2. Judiciary Chair: Spending Deal Makes No Change to Visa Program That 'Poses Significant National Security Risks' - CNSNews.com
An ongoing visa program that allows foreigners who invest in U.S. businesses to obtain a green card and a pathway to citizenship is "plagued by fraud and abuse" and "poses significant national security risks," yet it was unchanged and fully funded in the omnibus appropriations bill, said Senator Charles Grassley (R-Iowa) today.
In his Thursday statement on the Senate floor, Senator Grassley, who is chairman of the Judiciary Committee, said, "At 1:30AM Wednesday morning, an omnibus appropriations bill was filed to keep the government operating for the remainder of the fiscal year. This bill, which will be voted on by the House on Friday, includes a straight and clean extension of a program called the EB-5 Immigrant Investor program."
"This program has been plagued by fraud and abuse," said the senator. "But more importantly, it poses significant national security risks. Allegations suggesting the EB-5 program may be facilitating terrorist travel, economic espionage, money laundering and investment fraud are too serious to ignore." "Yet, the omnibus bill fails to include much needed reforms," he said. "The spending bill being considered by the House and Senate is a major disappointment. I'm frustrated that, despite the alarm bells and whistleblowers warning us about the program, Republican and Democrat leadership in the House and Senate decided to simply extend the program without any changes. This was a missed opportunity." (Read more)
3. 2,009-Page, $1,205,146,000,000 Republican Spending Deal Allows Funding of Planned Parenthood- CNSNews.com
The 2,009 page fiscal 2016 spending deal that the Republican House leadership released today authorizes $1,205,146,000,000 in federal outlays between now and the end of fiscal 2016, according to the Congressional Budget Office, and it does not prohibit funding of Planned Parenthood, according to the House Appropriations Committee.
"We are maintaining all of our pro-life protections, including the Hyde Amendment, and we are making cuts to the UNFPA program," House Speaker Paul Ryan said of the omnibus spending bill at a press conference today.
"Look in divided government, you don't get everything that you want," Ryan said at his press conference. "Republicans didn't get all that we wanted. Democrats didn't get all that they wanted. This is a bipartisan compromise. It is a bicameral compromise. And I understand that some people don't like some of the aspects of this. But that is the compromise that we have. And I do believe that we will have bipartisan votes on both of these bills." (Read more)
4. Planned Parenthood Declares Victory, Praises Fully Funded Budget Deal - Christian Post
Federal lawmakers unveiled a new budget-busting spending compromise that fully funds Planned Parenthood, and the popular abortion provider and President Barack Obama are declaring victory.
President Obama and Democrats consistently said they would not go along with a budget deal that did not fully fund the popular abortion provider.
Defunding Planned Parenthood was a popular talking point among many pro-life Congressional members and Republicans in the wake of this year's aborted-baby-parts-harvesting scandal that emboldened pro-life activists. (Read more)
5. Congress Votes To Fund Nearly 300,000 Visas For Muslim Migrants In One Year - Breitbart
The House passed Rep. Paul Ryan's $1.1 trillion omnibus spending bill, negotiated with Rep. Nancy Pelosi.
A majority of House Republicans voted for the measure, which fully funds Obama's refugee resettlement operation, all Mideast immigration programs, Sanctuary Cities, Obama's continued executive amnesty for DREAMers, and the resettlement of illegal aliens within the U.S. interior.
In perhaps a display of loyalty to Ryan, three-fifths of the Republican conference supported his legislation, and even gave him a standing ovation following the bill's passage.
In passing this legislation, the House has approved funding for the issuance of nearly three hundred thousand visas to migrants from Muslim countries in the next year alone.
Ryan's bill accomplishes this migrant surge by fully funding every U.S. immigration program currently in existence, as well as funding the President's expansion of the refugee program through Syrian migrant resettlement. (Read more)
6. White House: Spending Deal Allows Obama to Shift Money to Green Climate Fund - CNSNews.com
The $1.2 trillion year-end spending bill released by House Speaker Paul Ryan on Wednesday does not include money for the United Nation's Green Climate Fund (GCF), but it does not prevent President Obama from shifting funds to it from other areas, according to the White House.
"Based on what we have reviewed so far, there are no restrictions on our ability to make good on the president's pledge to contribute to the Green Climate Fund," White House press secretary Josh Earnest told reporters Wednesday.
Obama has pledged $3 billion to help developing countries mitigate and adapt to climate change. (Read more)
The Daily Jot
Friday, December 18, 2015
Students to sing Muslim prayer at high school holiday concert
In September 2007, I wrote a Daily Jot about how Islam is using First Amendment guarantees of freedom of religion to eliminate and destroy the United States of America.The Muslim Brotherhood wrote a strategic plan for North America in May 1991. Submitted by the government as evidence in the Dallas, Texas Holy Land Foundation terror trial, the plan called for "civilization jihad" and "a mastery of the art of "coalitions," the art of "absorption" and the principles of "cooperation." This week, a Blaine, Minnesota high school will be singing the Islamic prayer Eid un Sa'Eid during its holiday concert. The words, include the repetition of "Allahu Akbar." This reminds me of just how far the Muslim Brotherhood plan has been advanced.
The plan, now 25 years into its implementation, identifies eight historical stages of development that the Muslim Brotherhood in America already had accomplished by the plan's introduction in 1991. They included the stages of 1) searching for self identity; 2) building the inner organization; 3) first phases of building mosques and Islamic centers; 4) first phases of building Islamic organizations; 5) first phases of building Islamic schools; 6) first phases of the overt Islamic movement; 7) first phases of openness to other Islamic movements; and 8) the second phase of reviving and establishing the Islamic organizations.
The plan calls for the establishment of Islamic Centers in every town in America which would serve as the "axis" of the Islamic movement and a "base" to "educate us, prepare us and supply our battalions in addition to being the "niche" to our prayers." The plan says, "This is in order for the Islamic Center to turn-in action not in words-into a seed for 'a small Islamic society' which is a reflection and a mirror to our central organizations...Thus the Islamic Center would turn into a place for study, family, battalion, course, seminar, visit, sport, school, social club, women gathering, kindergarten for male and female youngsters, the office of domestic political resolution, and the center for distributing our newspapers, magazines, books and our audio and visual tapes."
The "heart and the core" of the plan is then to unite all Muslim organizations in America to complete the "settlement process." Rather than being a peaceful religion protected by the Constitution, Islam is a Trojan Horse religion set on performing in its own words a "Civilization Jihad" to eliminate and destroy America. Resisting Islam in America should therefore not be constrained by religious freedom, but rather be unleashed as a duty of every American citizen in the name of national security. Jesus said in Matthew 24:4, "Take heed that no man deceive you." I don't think there will be any Christian or Jewish prayers sung during Ramadan at an Islamic Center anytime soon.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Our Grandmothers' Songs
Songs Our Grandmothers Sang:
O HOLY NIGHT
Oh, holy night, the stars are brightly shining; It is the night of the dear Savior's birth! Long lay the world in sin and error pining, Till He appeared and the soul felt its worth. A thrill of hope, the weary soul rejoices, For yonder breaks a new and glorious morn. Fall on your knees, oh, hear the angel voices! Oh, night divine, oh, night when Christ was born! Oh, night divine, oh, night, oh, night divine!
2 Led by the light of faith serenely beaming, With glowing hearts by His cradle we stand. So led by light of a star sweetly gleaming, Here came the wise men from Orient land. The King of kings lay thus in lowly manger, In all our trials born to be our Friend! He knows our need-to our weakness is no stranger. Behold your King; before Him lowly bend! Behold your King; before Him lowly bend!
3 Truly He taught us to love one another; His law is love and His Gospel is peace. Chains shall He break for the slave is our brother, And in His Name all oppression shall cease. Sweet hymns of joy in grateful chorus raise we, Let all within us praise His holy Name! Christ is the Lord! Oh, praise His name forever! His pow'r and glory evermore proclaim! His pow'r and glory evermore proclaim!
Please go here.
About the Author:
Words: Placide Cappeau. 1847
Music: Adolphe Adam
About this hymn:
Sixteen years after Beethoven's death, at the end of 1843, in Roquemaure, France, a parish priest wanting to celebrate the renovation of the church organ asked poet Placide Cappeau to write a Christmas poem, "O Holy Night."
It was set to music by Adolphe Adam and became one of the most beautiful Christmas Carols of all time. An English singing version was published by John Sullivan Dwight in 1855.
(Source: American Minute, Dec. 17, 2015) Read more here.
Signs and Wonders
NASA: Asteroid to pass by Earth on Christmas Eve
That's not Rudolph's nose, it's just a giant rock hurtling through space. NASA scientists calculate that asteroid 163899, also known as 2003 SD220, will make its closest approach to Earth on Christmas Eve, Dec. 24.
The asteroid is rather large, thought to measure between 0.5 and 1.5 miles wide. Contrary to reports that it will graze Earth or trigger earthquakes, the asteroid won't actually come all that close.
The space rock will remain at a safe distance of 6,787,600 miles, more than 28 times the distance between Earth and the moon. By comparison, the asteroid on Halloween flashed by at just 1.3 times the Earth-moon distance, and even that flyby wasn't a cause for concern.
"Again, there is no existing evidence that an asteroid or any other celestial object is on a trajectory that will impact Earth," Paul Chodas, manager of NASA's Near-Earth Object office at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory, said in a statement released this summer. "In fact, not a single one of the known objects has any credible chance of hitting our planet over the next century."
The coming asteroid flyby will offer astronomers a decent chance at securing focused radar images of the rock in the days leading up to Christmas. Backyard astronomers may even be able to spot the asteroid with a telescope and a little planning. (UPI) Read more.
The Good News Corner
Healing Notes: The Unusual, Fine-Tuned Prescription This Christian Doctor Writes For Her Patients
(Irvine, CA)-For most physicians, there are very logical, science-oriented and evidence-based approaches that are used when treating patients and managing their care. It's the way doctors are taught in medical school and the way "Western" medicine is practiced in this country and elsewhere.
And that is certainly the way Dr. Shawn Hamilton, who, despite her Anglo name, was born in Taiwan, runs her professional practice in Irvine where she is a physician and is part of Monarch HealthCare, one of the largest associations of private practice physicians in Orange County and Long Beach, California. She specializes in internal primary care medicine.
But there is another side-the spiritual and healing side of health care-which Hamilton has used to develop a very special kind of charity work on behalf of the local community and also back in Taiwan, where she was born.
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
(This week, we will sing the traditional carols of the season, along with Grandma! For the lyrics, please see the "Grandmother's Songs" above. Merry Christmas!)
"O Holy Night"
by Home Free
O night divine . . . O night when Christ was born . . ."