"Emergency Conference Call Tonight!"
Monday, May 4, 2015
9:00 p.m. EDT (Adjust to Your Time Zone)
> > > CONFIRMING THAT THIS CALL IS
SCHEDULED FOR TONIGHT
Dial-in number: (425) 440-5100
Conference ID: 979491#
Prayer Focus: Building Israel's Coalition Government
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Monday, May 4, 2015
"Hear the cry and the prayer that Your servant is praying in Your presence this day." (I Kings 8:28)
The 64th Annual Observance of the National Day of Prayer: Thursday, May 7, 2015
A Rainbow over the Supreme Court
This photo of the front of the Supreme Court was taken the night before the hearings on gay marriage: Monday, April 27, at sunset. Please remain with us in prayer over the pending decision on traditional marriage until the verdict has been rendered.
" . . . from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female. . . What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder." (Mark 10: 6,9)
Thank You, Lord, for watching over this Court. In Jesus' name, amen.
(Photo captured by Summer Ingram, Congressional Prayer Caucus Foundation. Used with permission.)
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. Insight for Intercessors - (CHPP)
To read this week's (abbreviated) edition of this alert, please go here.
2. Election Deadline Approaching - Bridges for Peace
On March 25th, Israel's president, Reuven Rivlin, charged current Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu with the task of forming the nation's 34th government. The deadline for announcing the members of the coalition is May 7th. Negotiations with the multiple parties that make up Israel's political scene have been taking place for weeks. Based on previous elections, it has not been unusual for these talks to continue right up until the deadline at which point the coalition is announced.
Upon his acceptance of Rivlin's charge, Netanyahu said the new government would be faced with two challenges: building Israel's security and improving its social welfare. Attention to its security is vital as the nation of Israel exists in the turbulent neighborhood that is the Middle East. The selection of Israel's next government is critically important.
Intercede for the next government of Israel, praying that its members will be the ones the Lord has specifically chosen for this time.
"The king's heart is in the hand of the LORD, like the rivers of water; He turns it wherever He wishes." (Proverbs 21:1)
3. Tensions high along Israel-Syria border but nobody wants war - Jerusalem Post
Tensions have flared along Israel's northern border for the second time this year, following a suspected Israeli Air Force attack on weapon deliveries to Hezbollah. Days later, when Hezbollah gunmen tried to plant an explosive device on the Israeli border, an Israeli air strike killed the four men.
Most Middle East analysts say that neither Israel nor Hezbollah wants a war.
"An escalation with Israel is the last thing that Hezbollah wants," Mario Abou Zeid, from the Carnegie Middle East Center, based in Beirut told The Media Line. "It would mean being caught between two fronts." (Read more)
4. Carter slams Netanyahu, praises Abbas - Jerusalem Post
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu does not want a two- state solution, former US president Jimmy Carter charged on Saturday night. Meanwhile, PA President Mahmoud Abbas is committed to convening a meeting of Palestinian factions to establish a unified forum for decision-making and ultimately holding long-delayed elections, Carter said.
"The Elders have never in all the years met with Prime Minister Netanyahu or his cabinet," Carter told a news conference at the American Colony Hotel in Jerusalem, sitting next to former Norwegian prime minister Gro Harlem Brundtland. "In the past we have not been allowed to do so, and this time we just thought it would be a waste of time to ask."
The Elders, composed of a dozen former world leaders, is an international NGO of elder statesmen former South African president Nelson Mandela brought together in 2007. They describe themselves as "independent global leaders working together for peace and human rights." The delegation was in the area for three days. (Read more)
5. Hamas confirms: Fighter dies while digging a new tunnel - Jerusalem Online
Israeli officials have estimated that with the return of Mohammed Deif, Hamas's chief of staff, the organization will considerably extend their tunnel digging in the Gaza Strip. Today (Saturday), further evidence of the resumption of Hamas's efforts to develop offensive capabilities, including cross border attack tunnels, was received. Hamas has announced the death of one of their activists, whilst digging a tunnel that had collapsed on him, and subsequently lead to his death. (Read more)
6. Israel's military edge at risk as Obama 'scrambles' to placate Arab fears on Iran deal - Times of Israel
The Obama administration is said to be "scrambling" to find ways to reassure Arab allies that it is not abandoning them, despite the imminent nuclear deal with Iran. To that end, it is considering a range of options such as weapons sales that might reduce Israel's hitherto sacrosanct military edge, The New York Times reported Friday, including selling the F-35 fighter jet to the United Arab Emirates.
Among the options cited by the paper as being under consideration: A defense pact under which the US would commit "to the defense of Arab allies if they come under attack from outside forces"; joint training missions for American and Arab military forces; designating Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates as "major non-NATO allies," a step that would loosen restrictions on weapons sales and offer "a number of military advantages that are available only to NATO allies"; and approving the sale of its advanced F-35 stealth fighter to the UAE three years after it is delivered to Israel.
The administration is hurriedly weighing such options ahead of a Camp David summit set for May 14 for President Barack Obama and Gulf allies, the New York Times said. Countries might reportedly "downgrade" their participation at the summit, intended for foreign ministers, if the president does not come up with a satisfactory offer. (Read more)
7. Netanyahu rebuffed Kerry request to visit in recent days - Times of Israel
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu told US Secretary of State John Kerry to hold off from visiting Israel earlier this year because the Israeli leader was busy trying to form a coalition, Channel 2 reported on Sunday.
Shortly after the March 17 elections, Kerry requested to convene with Netanyahu on regional affairs, including peace negotiations with the Palestinians that have been stalled since 2014.
But Netanyahu indicated to Kerry that the timing was not right and he preferred to delay the meeting until after he had hammered out a new coalition, a task he has yet to complete. (Read more)
8. Israel says Arab governments stalling vision of nuclear-free Middle East - Jerusalem Post
Israel on Friday accused its Arab neighbors of delaying talks aimed at making the Middle East a region free of nuclear weapons.
In an official statement issued by the Israeli delegation currently observing the Review Conference of Non-Proliferation Treaty in New York, Jerusalem expressed disappointment over what it says is its neighbor's hesitancy in engaging in direct negotiations.
"If a serious regional effort has not emerged in the Middle East during the last five years, it is not because of Israel," read the statement. (Read more)
9. Ministry of Education to install security cameras in public schools - Jerusalem Online
Following the wave of sporadic decisions made by School Directors across the state, to install security cameras in educational institutions, the Ministry of Education has issued on Sunday distinctive CEO Form which specifies the new regulations with regard to school's surveillance. Despite the legality given to the existence of the cameras in schools, the Ministry stresses that the CCTV installation is not to replace the teachers' obligation to supervise the pupils at all times, but to increase the sence of security among the pupils.
According to the new procedures, school management is owed to inform its pupils and their parents about placing the security cameras in school territories, including the specific places where the cameras are to be installed. In addition, the management of any educational institution is bound to place warning signs in areas under camera's surveillance. (Read more)
10. 40 Person Mob Assaults 2 Jews on Paris' Boulevard Voltaire - Algemeiner.com
Two Jewish residents of Paris were assaulted on the street by a gang of about 40 people on Friday, Israeli French JSS News reported on Friday. ...The gang of attackers were associated with anti-Israel groups Gaza Firm and the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions campaign... The attack marks the latest in a growing antisemitic trend in France and Europe as a whole. (Read more)
- Abba Father, we ask You to encourage Your people to strongly consider Aliyah to Israel as this article reflects the ever growing serious anti-Semitic trend occurring within the EU and other western nations. Per Your Word, draw them 'home', Father! We pray this in Jesus' Name and under His Shed Blood, Amen and Amen.
- "Indeed, let no one who waits on You be ashamed; let those be ashamed who deal treacherously without cause." (Psalm 25:3)
11. BREAKING! Liberman says he won't join Netanyahu coalition - Times of Israel
Yisrael Beytenu leader to quit as foreign minister, calls PM's future government 'opportunist,' says his party chose 'principles over cabinet seats'
We have come to a unanimous decision that it would not be right for us to join the coalition," Liberman said during a press conference in the Knesset in which he announced his decision. "We chose our principles over cabinet seats."
The announcement puts Netanyahu in a corner as he attempts to cobble together a government before a May 7 deadline. Yisrael Beytenu's six seats were thought key to bolstering Netanyahu's nascent government, which may now have to rule with a razor-thin 61-seat majority.
Netanyahu has thus far signed coalition agreements only with the Kulanu and United Torah Judaism factions, giving him 46 seats. He is considered close to closing deals with Jewish Home and Shas to give him a majority. (Read more)
12. Deri Plays Tough, Refuses to Share Religious Affairs Post with Bennett - Jewish Press
Read more here.
- Please do join us TONIGHT as we pray over this rapidly developing story in Israel. We are blessed to welcome Kathleen on our call to lead us in prayer. Kathleen is the author of "Insight for Intercessors." Thank you.
The Daily Brief
1. Obama turns a smiling face to Israel. Biden: Iran has enough material for 8 nuclear bombs - DEBKAFile
President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden have gone out of their way in the last fortnight to shower friendly gestures on Israel, Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu and even Ambassador to Washington, Ron Dermer. Refuting the dire predictions by Netanyahu's critics of a disastrous breach, Obama and Biden, by word and gesture, are putting behind them the rancor long marring relations between Washington in Jerusalem.
The White House launched its new charm campaign for Israel on April 13 by meetings with three groups of American Jewish leaders. All in all, the US president and vice president are devoting more time to gestures for repairing relations with Israel than on the burning crises afflicting the world in Yemen, Iraq, Syria and Ukraine.
"Finally there is the myth that a nuclear deal between the United States and Iran enables Iran to gain dominance inside the Middle East." The US vice president protested: "But it is a nuclear bargain between Britain, France, Russia, China, Germany, the EU, America and Iran - one that reduces the risk of nuclear war and makes the region and the world a safer place," he stressed. (Read more)
- Abba Father, there appears to be a series of 'friendly gestures' being showered upon Israel, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and even the Ambassador to Washington, Ron Dermer by US leadership in recent weeks. The statement by Vice President Biden that Iran has enough material for 8 nuclear bombs is the threat that caused the original rift between the US versus Israel. Father, we ask that You have mercy by rising up and extending Your righteous right hand of protection over Your special land and people. We pray this in Jesus' Name and under His Shed Blood, Amen and Amen.
- "The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God."
2. Obama Administration Threatens to Veto Measure Requiring Pastor Saeed's Freedom from Iranian Prison - Breaking Christian News
The Obama Administration appears to be preparing to leave American Pastor Saeed Abedini and the other U.S. citizens wrongfully imprisoned in Iran on the sidelines of the Iran nuclear negotiations-even promising a veto to congressional legislation if an amendment is added to include the imprisoned Americans.
In a stunning comment, White House spokesperson Josh Earnest told reporters that interjecting the captive Americans into the discussions is unacceptable and that it "certainly would interfere with the ongoing negotiations between the international community and Iran on their nuclear program."
That is simply unbelievable. Refusing to discuss the Americans being held hostage by Iran at the bargaining table and rejecting any congressional attempt to make any deal with Iran contingent on the release of the Americans is unacceptable. It's quite frankly appalling. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we bring these American prisoners being held by Iran before Your throne, seeking mercy and justice for them. It seems that no matter who, whether family members or Congress, brings up the need for the release of these prisoners, this request is being brushed aside by our Executive Branch. We stand in the gap, repenting for this 'indifference' to the need for the prisoners' release being a condition in the nuclear agreement negotiations that are ongoing. We take up the Blood bought Cross of Jesus Christ, jamming it through the web of indifference and selfish schemes, so that these indifferent actions come to naught and intervention arises. We pray this in the Name of Jesus, Amen and Amen.
- "But the salvation of the righteous is from the Lord; He is their strength in the time of trouble. And the Lord shall help them and deliver them; He shall deliver them from the wicked, and save them, because they trust in Him." (Psalm 37:39-40)
3. 2 Russian nuclear bombers entered Alaska airspace, report says - Fox News
Two nuclear-capable Russian bombers reportedly intruded into the U.S. air defense zone near Alaska last week. The Washington Free Beacon, citing defense officials, reports the tu-95 Bear H bombers flew into the zone on April 22, but no U.S. jets were dispatched to intercept them.
Navy Capt. Jeff Davis, a spokesman for NORAD, declined to confirm the incursion to The Times, but said that no jets were dispatched to intercept intruding aircraft.
The incident was the first Russian bomber incursion of a U.S. or Canadian air defense zone this year. It likely signals the start of Russia's long-range aviation training cycle, officials said. U.S. and Canadian jets intercepted Russian bombers at least six times last year, while intruding Russian long-range aircraft were detected on 10 occasions, Davis said.
Senior military officials have said that Russia has increased bomber flights near U.S. coasts as part of a strategic messaging and influence operation. (Read more)
- Lord God, we ask that those in authority in our nation take serious heed to these "warning signals" now being given by Russia. May they be granted Your wisdom to know how to respond: protecting our people but not inciting the Russians to be even more aggressive in their actions. Thank You, Lord, for hearing our prayer, in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way of death." (Proverbs 14:12)
4. Jihadis Attack Free Speech in Texas - Understanding the Threat
As details flow in about yesterday's attack by two jihadis outside the Draw Mohammed Cartoon contest -hosted by Pamela Geller's American Freedom Defense Initiative in Garland, Texas - law enforcement, media, and other are "still not sure" the two incidents are related, and Garland law enforcement officials have not yet called it "terrorism."
Additionally, some in the American media - as they are want to do - are primarily condemning the event, and not leading with a condemnation of Islamic Sharia which supports such attacks.
One has to ask what level of delusion have we reached as a nation.
One of the jihadis has been identified as Elton Simpson who was indicted in January 2010 in the Federal District of Arizona for False Statements to federal agents in an FBI International Terrorism investigation. In Judge Mary Murguia's ruling (March 14, 2011) she stated: "The Government has, at best, established that the defendant, who harbors sympathy and admiration for "fighting" non-Muslims abroad and establishing Shariah law, made a false statement about traveling to Somalia." In the investigation, Simpson made clear to an FBI source that waging jihad and establishing the Caliphate were a Muslim's responsibility, and that dying in jihad, which is martyrdom, will guarantee entry into Paradise. (Read more here)
SEE ALSO: Today's commentary on The Daily Jot.
- Father, we thank You for the courage shown by Pamela Geller and her organization in fearlessly confronting Islam for what it is: a religion of terrorism. We thank You, too, for the professionalism displayed by the Garland Police Force who provided security during this event, protecting citizens while not hesitating to "shoot to kill" the shooters. We ask that the media in our nation stop hiding the facts of these cases and instead help our people awaken to the danger that now confronts us all. In Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive." (Matthew 21:22)
5. New Bill Would Strip Federal Courts' Ability to Redefine Marriage - Breaking Christian News
Observers on both sides of the fight to protect marriage now await the Supreme Court's ruling about whether the Constitution confers a right to same-sex "marriage." But some pro-family leaders in Congress have introduced a bill to get the judges out of the business of redefining marriage.
Congressman Steve King, R-IA, introduced the Restrain the Judges on Marriage Act of 2015, which would strip all federal courts of the right to change state laws on marriage. "For too long, federal courts have overstepped their constitutionally limited duty to interpret the Constitution," Congressman King said. "Rather, federal courts have perverted the Constitution to make law and create constitutional rights to things such as privacy, birth control, and abortion. These un-enumerated, so-called constitutionally-protected rights were not envisioned by our Founding Fathers." His bill would prohibit federal courts from ruling on the issue and states that "no federal funds" will be used to try, or enforce, such rulings.
Although seldom-invoked, Congress has the power under Article III of the U.S. Constitution to exempt certain issues from judicial review, even from the Supreme Court-and even after arguments have begun. "Without jurisdiction the court cannot proceed at all in any case. Jurisdiction is power to declare the law, and when it ceases to exist, the only function remaining to the Court is that of announcing the fact and dismissing the case," the Court ruled. "The appeal of the petitioner in this case must be dismissed for want of jurisdiction." (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we lift up praise for this bill being introduced within Congress to get judges out of the business of redefining marriage. May a majority of congressional members understand and vote for this bill so that it survives an override of a presidential veto. The bill presented by Congressman King says that for too long federal courts have overstepped their constitutionally limited duty to interpret the Constitution and have instead 'ruled' interpretations of the Constitution in ways that that the Founding Fathers did not envision and are actual violations of the Constitution. We thank you for his wisdom, Lord, and we pray this in the Name of Jesus, Amen and Amen.
- "The memory of the righteous is blessed, but the name of the wicked will rot." (Proverbs 10:6)
6. War on Christianity: American Churches Who Oppose Same-Sex Marriage Will Lose Tax Exemption - Freedom Outpost
The admission was made by Barack Hussein Obama's lawyer, the sitting Solicitor General of the United States, Donald Verrilli, Jr., on Tuesday, April 28, 2015, during questioning by Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States, Samuel Alito, Jr.
Solicitor General Verrilli, using a public office to defend same-sex marriage on behalf of the United States, was asked by Justice Alito if religious institutions could be at risk of losing their tax-exempt status due to their beliefs about Biblical marriage.
Verrilli's reply was, "It's certainly going to be an issue." (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we repent that our nation has fallen into such depths of sinfulness reflected within this article. Help us, Father, as it is clear that 'vengeance' against Christian believers will continue to accelerate and many Christians will find themselves persecuted for their beliefs. We ask that You will rise up to strengthen and encourage Your remnant about how to respond to what appears to be coming towards us. We pray this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "But the wicked will be cut off from the earth, and the unfaithful will be uprooted from it." (Proverbs 2:22 NKJV)
7. Orthodox rabbis tell it like it is on "gay marriage" issue outside Supreme Court hearing - MassResistance.org
A contingent of Orthodox rabbis from New York and New Jersey came and "told it like it is" outside of the US Supreme Court on the day of the "gay marriage" hearing. A larger group of 850 Orthodox rabbis publicly demanded the recusal of Justices Ginsburg and Kagan from the case.
Although liberal Jews are known for their unwavering allegiance to radical anti-family agendas, the Orthodox community - especially the Hasidic, etc. -- is the opposite. They are fiercely pro-family, passionate and unwavering in their Biblical principles, and not afraid to say so publicly.
Yesterday our friend Rabbi Noson Leiter of New York called MassResistance to point out the eerie coincidence of the "gay marriage" hearing being held this particular week. Throughout the year, Jews read the entire Torah in their synagogues, divided into weekly portions. This week's portion happens to include the part of Leviticus that deals with the harsh prohibition against homosexual behavior, describing it as among those things that "will cause the [Holy] Land to vomit you out" (Lev. Ch. 20). Read more
- Abba Father, we lift up praise that this large contingent of Orthodox rabbis went to the steps of the Supreme Court to demonstrate and take a public stand to defend the Biblical definition of marriage being between one man and one woman only. We continue to ask that You cause the Supreme Court justices to be confronted in their night hours and their times of reflection upon these marriage cases to grasp in their spirits the importance of this truth. We pray this in Jesus' Name and under His Shed Blood, Amen and Amen.
- "Fools mock at sin, but among the upright there is favor." (Proverbs 14:9)
8. Oklahoma House Just Approved This Pro-life Bill - Breaking Christian News
The Oklahoma House has passed a bill calling for a 72-hour waiting period for women seeking abortions. That would make Oklahoma the fourth state in the nation to require a three-day wait, along with Missouri, South Dakota and Utah.
The bill now heads to Gov. Mary Fallin to be signed into law.
"In Oklahoma, we have a waiting period for divorce of 10 days. If there are minor children it is 90 days," state Sen. Greg Treat (R) said earlier this month. "We should also take it very seriously when we're talking about the irrevocable decision of abortion."
Doctors in Oklahoma are already required to give women the option for an ultrasound and monitoring of the baby's heartbeat, at least 24 hours before an abortion. (Read more here)
- Heavenly Father, we lift up praise for this new '72 hours wait period before an abortion' bill that was passed by the Oklahoma House. We ask You to guide these women to rethink their decision and to decide for 'Life' and not 'Death'. We also ask that this bill standing for life not death be signed by Gov. Mary Fallin, with this kind of law spreading into all 50 states of the US. We pray this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "But as for you, you meant evil against me; but God meant it for good, in order to bring it about as it is this day, to save many people alive." (Genesis 50:20)
The Daily Jot
Monday, May 4, 2015
Free speech turns deadly in Texas
An event to award $10,000 for the best cartoon depiction of Mohammad in Garland, Texas turned deadly as a security guard was injured and two Islamists were shot to death trying to bomb the event, according to media reports. Dutch politician Geert Wilders, a critic of Islam, was the keynote speaker at the gathering hosted Sunday night by the new York-based American Freedom Defense Initiative (AFDI). The Washington Post reports that the two attackers, Cherif and Said Kouachi, shot at the security guard and were later killed by police after a manhunt. The UK Daily Mail reports that the Islamic State has claimed responsibility for the shootings, a most notable attack by Muslims on American free speech.
The Daily Mail reports: "Two heavily-armed men suspected to have been carrying explosives were killed by police after opening fire outside the Curtis Culwell Center in Garland, Dallas, at around 7pm during an controversial event where caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad were being displayed. The SITE Intelligence Group reported that an Islamic State (IS) fighter claimed on Twitter that the shooting was carried out by two pro-Isis individuals. In a series of tweets and links, a jihadist named as Abu Hussain AlBritani, which SITE said was British IS fighter Junaid Hussain, claimed that '2 of our brothers just opened fire' at the Prophet Muhammad exhibition in Texas."
While underscoring several Islamic attacks on free speech around the world, replete with murders and attempted murders, AFDI President Pamela Geller wrote on the organization's website prior to the event, "Of course, this event will require massive security. But this exhibit has to be staged. If we don't show the jihadists that they will not frighten us into silence, the jihad against freedom will only grow more virulent. And we hope that this event will give others the courage to stand up as well and show the world that they aren't going to submit to intimidation...These supremacists need to be held to account, and the West has to stop this pathetic cowardice and submission to barbarity...It's time to stand up."
This is an example of the clash between tolerance for a brutal death cult disguised as a religion and a nation built on religious freedom and freedom of speech. The leftist "civil rights" group, Southern Poverty Law Center, identifies Pamela Geller, and others such as Bridgette Gabriel, Steve Emerson, Daniel Pipes and Frank Gaffney as instigators of anger because of their stance against the brutality of Islam. America is the next crucible of Islamic terrorism, which will be assisted by gangs, leftist politicians, and Marxist organizations. Jesus said in Matthew 24:4, "Take heed that no man deceive you." Don't be deceived by those who wish to quell your religious freedom and free speech by assigning those rights to agents of evil.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Updates from Baltimore
Updates from Baltimore
1. Governor Calls for a Day of Prayer and Peace on May 3rd - FoxBaltimore
After week-long demonstrations, Maryland Governor Larry Hogan called for a statewide day of prayer and peace. He, along with the Archbishop of Baltimore, William Lori, attended mass at St. Peter Claver Catholic Church with hopes of restoring calm to the city. "We've all got to come together," said Governor Larry Hogan. "It's a day of reconciliation. It's a day of prayer and peace for the city of Baltimore, for the people who've been affected, for Freddie Gray's family, for all the folks that lost their homes, businesses." Members of the community heeded the governor's call, trusting that prayer would truly change things. They also hope underlying issues will be uncovered to prevent history from repeating itself. "We try to stick together with one another even though some don't," said Theresa Mitchell, Baltimore resident. "We're church people. We do. And we pray all the time." (Read more)
- Lord God Almighty in Heaven, on this week of the National Day of Prayer, we quietly rejoice at this decree made by the governor of the State of Maryland. We thank You for this report that these citizens do believe in the power and the effectiveness of a prayerful life, and we join them in asking You to grant Your wisdom to those in authority in Baltimore today who would seek to bring peace to this city.
We thank You, O Prince of Peace, that in the end, true peace can only be found in knowing You as our Savior and our Lord. In Your name, amen.
- "And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." (Romans 8:28)
2. Maryland Reps. Edwards, Cummings back Baltimore prosecutor Mosby
- Fox News
Two Maryland House members on Sunday defended Baltimore prosecutor Marilyn Mosby amid criticism that her decision to bring charges against six city police officers in connection with the death of Freddie Gray was politically motivated and a "rush to judgment."
"I think she did an incredible job of laying out the probable cause findings," Maryland Democratic Rep. Donna Edwards told "Fox News Sunday." (Read more)
- Lord God, we ask that Your "kingdom politics" would trump all of man's politics so that only truth and justice would prevail in this case. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "For the Lord is our judge,
The Lord is our lawgiver,
The Lord is our king;
He will save us." (Isaiah 33:22)
3. Peter King Slams Balt. Prosecutor's Statement as 'Very Political' - Newsmax
Rep. Peter King told Newsmax TV Friday that Baltimore City Attorney Marilyn Mosby's strong statement in announcing the charges against six police officers in the death of Freddie Gray was "very political" and could damage the first-time prosecutor's case in the long run.
"What happened here was obviously tragic and it demands a full investigation," the New York Republican told "Newsmax Prime" host J.D. Hayworth. "The whole impression generated by the media and by the political people in Baltimore was that it had to be a decision made by a certain date that they didn't want to wait until an exhaustive investigation was done.
"In the end, this could end up hurting the prosecution if they rush too quickly, without getting all the evidence," added King, who is a member of the House Homeland Security Committee.
"But people have to realize that criminal prosecutions are generally not carried out in a carnival-type atmosphere," he said. Such an air could be detrimental "for those who are charged and for the system itself. "In the end, you can rush into something and people who ought to be guilty end up getting off because of the mistakes that are made." (Read more)
Alan Dershowitz: Charges Against Baltimore Cops Won't Stick - Newsmax
Baltimore prosecutor's swift action, link to victim's lawyer raise questions - Fox News
- Heavenly Father, there is so much still unknown as to the causes and events in the death of this young man, Freddie Grey, in Baltimore. Despite this fact, this young Maryland prosecutor has brought serious charges against 6 police officers. Based on several articles, there appears to be more a strong political motivation behind these charges, rather than 'proveable' data. There are also serious questions of conflict of interest about this prosecutor being in charge of this case. Father, we pray that all facts will be fairly brought forth and openly reported so that true justice may be served. We pray this in Jesus' Name, amen and amen.
- "A wise man fears and departs from evil, but a fool rages and is self-confident." (Proverbs 14:16)
4. Rev. Al Sharpton to Hold March on Washington - To Demand DOJ Takeover of US Police Departments - The Gateway Pundit
The Rev. Al Sharpton in Baltimore Thursday called for the Justice Department to step in and take over policing in the United States and hold bad officers accountable.
Al Sharpton announced Thursday he will hold a march to Washington to push for Justice Department takeover of the US police. "That's why we're going to do this march from here to Washington. We need the Justice Department to step in and take over policing in this country," he said. Read more and view the video of his comments here.
- Father God, we take the Sword of the Spirit and we plunge it through the midst of this agenda, that it come to naught. We ask the You flood the hearts of those who feel they have been victimized with Your peace, Your joy, and Your comfort. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "Devise a plan, but it will be thwarted;
State a proposal, but it will not stand,
For God is with us." (Isaiah 8:10)
5. Going back in history: the Baltimore Bible Society - The American Minute
After public service, former Secretary of War James McHenry became President of the first Bible Society in Baltimore, Maryland, stating in 1813:
"Neither let it be overlooked, that public utility pleads most forcibly for the general distribution of the Holy Scriptures. The doctrine they preach, the obligations they impose, the punishment they threaten, the rewards they promise, the stamp and image of divinity they bear, which produces a conviction of their truths, can alone secure to society, order and peace, and to our courts of justice and constitutions of government, purity, stability and usefulness.
In vain, without the Bible, we increase penal laws and draw entrenchments around our institutions. Bibles are strong entrenchments. Where they abound, men cannot pursue wicked courses, and at the same time enjoy quiet conscience." (Read more)
- Lord God, first of all, we thank You for Bill Federer, and the tremendous work he does daily to help us not forget our heritage and the different battles we have fought as we have pursued our destiny in Christ as American people.
We thank You that, through his careful research, we can see that there are, indeed, strong roots of the faith that have been established in days past in the City of Baltimore. We bless those roots with the Blood of Christ today and decree that they will spring forth into the full measure of Your plans for that city, even while giving thanks for those who have stood in the gap for Baltimore for many, many years now. In Jesus' name, we offer this prayer, amen and amen.
- "I will make rivers flow on barren heights, and springs within the valleys. I will turn the desert into pools of water, and the parched ground into springs." (Isaiah 41:18)
Honoring Intercessors in Garland, TX
Honoring Intercessors in Garland, TX
Prayers for the safety of all citizens during the "Muhammed Cartoon Festival" were answered!
Seeing trouble on the horizon, they mounted up prayer in advance to build a hedge around their city.
The following is a first-hand report of the work of intercession that has been ongoing in Garland, TX, submitted by a prayer leader in that region.
Dorothy had been cautioning us intercessors in the City of Garland about this art event for weeks. She spoke before GISD and warned them of the violence it could incite. She organized a conference call last week to pray for our National Day of Prayer on May 7th. All participants prayed concerning this event. I'm so thankful that Dorothy had the insight and discernment to inspire us to pray.
NOW, would you please pray for Dorothy who is coordinating NDP this year and pray for her family? They are concerned about safety during our NDP event next Thursday. Pray for everyone who is involved in the event. However, we do NOT want to allow the enemy to create fear amongst us . . . this should be the catalyst to inspire us to bind together in UNITY and take our authority that Jesus has given to us, the Church!
We do praise the Lord for their intercession, which was obviously effective since SWAT teams were in place and only the perpetrators were killed. Had this been like the France incident at the newspaper offices, the whole group could have been killed tonight ! And praise God for the Garland Police Department having such wisdom and handling this incident so professionally. YES! We are so proud of our Garland PD. All the reports I have heard on national TV have praised Garland PD for being highly organized and prepared!
PLEASE PRAY Ps. 91 over all our men and women in uniform, here in Garland and in our nation!
As we pray in the future, let's get ahead of what the enemy's tactics & agenda are and include to pray for other incidents be found out ahead of time and dealt with. This way, our cities are protected and will remain in peace. We pray that this prayer strategy will be implemented across our state when we pray for God's protection and provision.
- "Meanwhile, the Lord said to me, "Put a watchman on the city wall. Let him shout out what he sees." (Isaiah 21:6 NLT)
NATIONAL DAY OF PRAYER: LIVE BROADCAST
Watch the National Observance LIVE!
Join Rep. Robert Aderholt, Rabbi Daniel Lapin, Rev. Father Hathaway, Dr. Jack Graham, Mrs. Shirley Dobson, Mr. Alex Kendrick, Mrs. Vonette Bright, Rep. Louie Gohmert, Senate Chaplain Barry Black, The Legacy Quartet, Dr. Dick Eastman, Dr. David Butts, Mr. John Bornschein, and more LIVE from Washington D.C.
Thursday, May 7, 2015
9:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon ET
Cannon House Office Building on Capitol Hill
the National Day of Prayer Task Force has partnered, once again, with GOD TV to broadcast this special event, which will be available to millions of viewers in more than 100 countries around the world. The program will also be broadcast on DirecTV channel 365 and streamed LIVE on this website.
To watch this live observance, please go here.
Today's NDR Prayer Points
Suggested Repentance Prayer Points:
Monday, May 4
Lord I repent of my apathy, if not participation, in the shedding of innocent blood. Forgive me for failing to intercede when I could have saved a baby in the womb, each one Your child, eternally precious to You. Forgive me for failing to team up with other pro-life ministries and legislators to bring about a culture of Life in this nation.
Lord I repent that we believers in You in the USA have shed innocent blood by our national taxpayer support of abortion and other policies by which innocent blood is shed. We repent for laws allowing non-physicians to perform abortions. We repent for laws permitting abortions even when we know the baby experiences pain. We repent for our laws permitting death by assisted suicide because of some "emergency." Forgive us for not countering the lies of the spirit of death with Your Truth that You are the giver of Life and You are a miracle healer, even raising people from the grave.
Our Weekly Bible Study
Our Weekly Bible Study:
Sunday, May 3 - Saturday, May 8, 2015
> > > To read the "One Year Bible" weekly letter, go here.
> > > To read the Shabbat Torah readings, go here.
Our Grandmothers' Songs
Songs Our Grandmothers Sang:
COME THOU ALMIGHTY KING
"I heard what sounded like a great multitude, like the roar of rushing waters, and like loud peals of thunder, shouting: "Hallelujah! For our Lord God almighty reigns." (Revelation 19:6)
Come, Thou Almighty King,
Help us Thy name to sing,
Help us to praise.
Father, all glorious,
O'er all victorious,
Come, and reign over us,
Ancient of Days.
Come, Thou incarnate Word,
Gird on Thy mighty sword,
Our prayer attend:
Come, and Thy people bless,
And give Thy word success;
Spirit of holiness,
On us descend.
Come, holy Comforter,
Thy sacred witness bear
In this glad hour:
Thou who Almighty art,
Now rule in every heart,
And ne'er from us depart,
Spirit of power.
To Thee, great One in Three,
Eternal praises be
Thy sov'reign majesty
May we in glory see,
And to eternity
Love and adore.
Please go here.
About the Hymn:
This hymn appeared anonymously in George Whitefield's "Hymn Book", published in 1757. It is usually attributed to Charles Wesley, but was probably published anonymously for a good reason. Scholars think Wesley wrote this hymn as an imitation of the English national anthem, "God Save Our Gracious King." The national anthem had just been written, and it had become popular throughout England. This hymn may have been Wesley's way of keeping priorities straight. - Great Hymns of Faith by Brown & Norton
A Prophecy for America
THE ARMY OF GOD IS ARISING DECLARING A VICTORY SONG
OVER THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
By Lana Vawser
[Editor's note: Normally on the Daily Brief we refrain from posting the many prophetic words that are being released now among us . . . but this time we are going to make an exception. Please find below only a small portion of this tremendous word, released by a sister in Australia, for our people. You can find the entire testimony by going here. Thank you.]
I saw the people of God all across the world arising and taking their place in prayer and intercession for the USA. As I looked across the people of God, I saw angels descending from heaven and they were holding garments in their hands and what looked like weapons that were shining brightly.
These angels began to hand out these garments to the people of God who had moved into position to contend for the United States of America. These garments were the garments of war.
Instantly I heard Psalm 144:1
"Praise the LORD, who is my rock. He trains my hands for war and gives my fingers skill for battle."
I saw the people of God being dressed in garments of war and their hands filled with weapons of warfare to see the Holy Spirit break out across the United States of America.
I then saw Jesus stand before His army and He spoke:
"People of God, it is time to arise, it is time to fight! I have prepared you to fight for the nation of the United States of America for such a time as this. In this time of prayer and intercession, I am releasing battle strategies to you. My people to see the forces of darkness, PUSHED BACK. To see My Kingdom and My Glory invade every place in this nation, where the enemy has taken hold. It is time for you, My people to SING TOGETHER in ONE ACCORD and DECREE VICTORY over the United States of America."
I then saw the flag of the United States of America appear before the people of God and some of the leaders on the front line took this flag and began to move forward in victory. As the people of God marched forward they sang a song of victory that was being released from heaven. Singing FROM the place of victory, I saw the people of God singing victory FROM their God ordained place, seated in heavenly places. (Ephesians 2:6)
As the intercessors and people of God began to move forward carrying the flag, I felt the Lord's encouragement that no matter what your eyes see in the natural that is not in line with what the Lord has spoken, do NOT be swayed, do NOT be moved, for the Lord is calling His people to sing a song of VICTORY over the United States of America, even if they do not SEE it. It is time to decree VICTORY into every part of the USA so that her heart of destiny may beat again.
BATTLE STRATEGIES TURNING OVER NEW PAGES FOR THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
(Continue reading here.)
Two Daily Conference Calls
TO PRAY IN THE NIGHT:
Please note that the national prayer call continues every night with different leaders from different intercession ministries each night.
These prayer calls will be held nightly at 9PM EST. Please join us by calling 1-857-232-0156; access 377054. Please sign on 15 minutes early so we can be ready to pray at 9PM.
This call sponsored by Breaker of Dawn has been going on since Sept 9, 2014 and every night it is a Psalm 133 call with different ministries joining together and most every night there are intercessors that represent our entire nation.
For details, go here.
TO PRAY IN THE DAY:
A second conference call is now available daily (except on Sundays) at 11:30 a.m. EST. Sponsored by the Salt and Light Council, the focus of the daily "Repentance and Reformation" calls is to pray for all in authority.
You are cordially invited to join these calls by dialing 712-432-1699/ Access code 338083#
To learn more, please visit their website at:
> > > Day and night, in these perilous times, let's join forces on these calls to cry out unto God for His mercy to be shown to America and to Israel. Thank you!