Anne Graham Lotz Issues MAY DAY Alert for America! See below, or go here for details.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
"Praying for All in Authority"
Monday, May 11, 2015
"This is the confidence which we have before Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have
the requests which we have asked from Him."
(I John 5:14,15)
A Rainbow Over the Supreme Court
Monday, April 27, at sunset. Please remain with us in prayer over the pending decision on traditional marriage until the verdict has been rendered.
" . . . from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female. . . What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder." (Mark 10: 6,9)
Thank You, Lord, for watching over this Court. In Jesus' name, amen.
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. Netanyahu may push government's formation to next week - Jerusalem Post
The election process that began when Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu fired Yesh Atid leader Yair Lapid and Hatnua head Tzipi Livni on December 2 may end up stretching into next Monday, more than two months after the March 17 election, Likud officials said Sunday.
The officials said there was a loophole in the law, allowing the next government to be sworn in a week after the Knesset speaker officially informs the parliament that a coalition has been formed, which would mean next Monday, rather than seven days after the coalition is actually formed, which would mean presenting the government this week on Wednesday.
"I understand that the deadline to form the government is next week," said Likud MK Yariv Levin, a member of the coalition negotiating team.
"No decision has been made yet about when the swearing- in will take place." (Read more)
2. Report: Senior Hezbollah Commander Killed in Syria - Breaking Israel News
A senior Hezbollah commander is said to have been killed in a battle between rebel forces and the Syrian army, The Times of Israel reported.
Marwan Mughniyeh, whose cousin Imad Mughniyeh was assassinated by an alleged Mossad-CIA operation, died after fierce fighting in the Qalamoun region, northeast of Damascus, Syrian opposition sources reported.
The Qalamoun region is located near the Syria-Lebanon border and was a major rebel stronghold until last year. (Read more)
3. Ministers vote unanimously on enlarging cabinet, Zionist Union promises 'hell' - Jerusalem Post
The cabinet voted on Sunday and the Knesset will vote on Monday on a controversial bill that would enable the next government to have 20 ministers instead of the 18 currently permitted by law and to appoint several deputy ministers.
If passed, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu will begin the process of appointing the Likud's ministers, deputy ministers and Knesset committee chairmen. All of the ministers will have to be appointed by Wednesday, the deadline for swearing in the new cabinet.
Sources close to Netanyahu said Saturday night he still intends to keep the Foreign Ministry for himself, in hopes of expanding the coalition beyond its current 61 MKs by adding either the Zionist Union, Yisrael Beytenu, or fragments of an opposition faction. (Read more)
4. US, EU worry over controversial bills advancing in Knesset - Times of Israel
The announcement last week of the formation of a largely right-wing, religious governing coalition led by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has refueled concerns in the US and European Union over a number of controversial bills that will likely make their way through parliament once the new government takes office.
"When you look at some of the legislation being proposed, it is very worrying. It is anti-democratic and looks designed to shut down criticism. It's the sort of thing you normally see coming out of Russia," one EU ambassador told Reuters. (Read more)
5. Treasury warns 'millions' needed for extra ministers - Times of Israel
The Finance Ministry warned Sunday that increasing the number of ministers will cost millions of shekels for each position added, a move Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu plans to make in order to fulfill deals signed to woo coalition partners.
Finance Ministry budget director Amir Levi wrote in a letter to cabinet secretary Avichai Mandelblit that each additional minister will cost between NIS 2.8-NIS 3.9 million ($720,000 - $1 million) each year, and that each additional deputy minister would cost NIS 1.5 million ($390,000). (Read more)
6. Lapid: Herzog is waiting for call to join coalition - Times of Israel
Yesh Atid party chairman Yair Lapid criticized Zionist Union leader Isaac Herzog on Saturday, charging that the head of the Knesset's second largest faction ultimately wants to join Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's coalition and therefore was failing to challenge its planned new policies and budgetary allocations.
"[Herzog] is silent because he is still waiting for a phone call from Netanyahu asking him to join," Lapid said at an event in Tel Aviv.
"Terrible things are happening here in recent weeks, they are selling our country, and Isaac [Herzog] and his party are silent." (Read more)
7. Hamas Calls for Action After Leftist NGO's Anti-IDF Report - Israel National News
Hamas has called on the international community to hasten to bring Israeli "war criminals" to trial in the International Criminal Court (ICC) on Saturday, following a report by far-left NGO "Breaking the Silence" accusing the IDF of "war crimes" for defending Israel during Operation Protective Edge in Gaza.
The report by Breaking the Silence is based on alleged testimony from 60 officers and soldiers who served in Operation Protective Edge. The "evidence" includes allegations of indiscriminate fire on civilian targets by soldiers who took part in the fighting against terrorist organizations Hamas, Islamic Jihad and others in the summer of 2014.
In an official statement released Saturday, Hamas called on Arab and international organizations to take concrete action over the report, and praised the announcement of several left-wing parties in the European Parliament calling for freezing all activity with Israel following the report. (Read more)
8. ISIS in Sinai Claims Attack on Hamas in Gaza - Israel National News
Islamic State's (ISIS) threats to declare war on Hamas in Gaza after the latter began a crackdown on local Salafist groups appears to be edging to fruition, after an ISIS-affiliate in the Sinai Peninsula on Friday claimed launching two "bombs" - reportedly 82 mm mortar shells - at Hamas posts in Gaza.
Ansar Bayt al-Maqdis, which earlier this year swore loyalty to ISIS and changed its name to Sinai Province, claimed credit for the attack on a military post of Hamas's "military wing," the Al-Qassam Brigades in Khan Younis, located in southern Gaza.
The ISIS forces said they conducted the attack due to Hamas's actions towards Salafists in Gaza, reports Walla!. (Read more)
9. Intercessors for Israel: Weekly Prayer Alert
To read this week's bulletin from IFI, please go here.
10. Insight for Intercessors - (CHPP)
To read this week's alert from this ministry, please go here.
The Daily Brief
1. Iran letter divides Democrats - The Hill
The warning from Democrats to Republican leaders about undermining President Obama's Iran diplomacy has split party leaders. One hundred and fifty House Democrats wrote a letter to Obama Thursday urging him to exhaust all diplomatic avenues to a nuclear deal before pursuing tougher options like sanctions - a strong indication that Democrats are ready to block any Republican effort rejecting such an agreement.
The same divide does not surround legislation that would give Congress an up-or-down vote on any nuclear deal finalized between Iran, the United States and five other global powers. Democratic leaders have endorsed that legislation, which sailed through the Senate 98-1 on Thursday and is expected to soon pass through the House with broad bipartisan support.
But the Democrats' letter is widely viewed as a warning shot to Republicans that they have the numbers to sustain a presidential veto if the GOP uses the power provided by the Senate bill to disapprove of an Iran deal down the road. Some liberal groups, which have lobbied hard for the diplomatic approach, are accusing the Democratic holdouts of siding with defense hawks "who want to rush to war," in the words of Nick Berning, spokesman for MoveOn. (Read more)
- Lord God, we thank You that the Senate has voted almost unanimously to enforce its authority over the Executive Branch before any treaty is signed. We now lay the remaining issues at Your feet, asking You to move on the hearts of our leaders to cease playing partisan politics over an agreement that, if not stopped at the door, would allow Iran to have a nuclear arsenal. Father, let each voting member see the danger in front of us, and take action accordingly. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- ""In a dream, a vision of the night,
When sound sleep falls on men,
While they slumber in their beds,
Then He opens the ears of men,
And seals their instruction . . ." (Job 33:15,16)
2. Iran claims its warships 'shooed' US, French forces in Gulf of Aden
- Times of Israel
Iran claimed Sunday that its warships had "shooed away" American and French military forces in the Gulf of Aden.
US and French "reconnaissance planes, helicopters and warships approached the Iranian warships in a provocative move" on Saturday night, the semi-official FARS news agency reported. "The vessels and aircraft then received a warning from Iranian Destroyer 'Alborz,' apologized and rapidly changed direction."
The agency said the same thing happened last Monday, when "a US warship and military planes changed their direction as they were patrolling in the Gulf of Aden after they came close to an Iranian naval fleet and were warned to move away." (Read more)
- Lord God, we take note that the original source of this report is from Iran, so are cautious in offering this prayer. Lord God, only You know the truth in this sensitive and potentially dangerous situation. We ask that You place Your Hand over this region, and cause Your shalom (peace) to rest upon all parties concerned. We ask for safety for all ships now at sea in the Gulf of Aden, and we do this in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "Those who go down to the sea in ships, Who do business on great waters; They have seen the works of the Lord, And His [o]wonders in the deep." (Psalm 107:23,24)
3. Iran and U.S. cut deal on new diplomatic offices in Washington, Tehran - Washington Post
The United States, in what may be among the first negotiated deals with Iran since relations broke off in 1980, is allowing the Iranian Interests Section in Washington to move to new headquarters on 23rd Street Northwest in West End.
In exchange, Switzerland, which had been looking for new space for the U.S. Interests Section in Tehran - because the current offices, we were told, were "no longer viable and pretty decrepit" - will be getting new offices as well for the U.S. facility."Reciprocity is the hallmark of diplomacy," one source told us. "This was a swap."(Read more)
- Lord, we have good reason to be wary of the Iranian regime, whose people only recently marched on the streets of Tehran with signs reading "Death to America." Father, let us not be too quick to embrace an enemy as a friend. We ask Your wisdom in all matters relating to the nation of Iran. In Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "Vindicate me, O God, and plead my case against an ungodly nation; O deliver me from the deceitful and unjust man! . . . O send out Your light and Your truth, let them lead me . . ." (Psalm 43;1,3a)
4. US diplomatic overture to N. Korea met with missile-firing - Fox News
Just as the Obama administration was testing the possibility of new talks with North Korea, Pyongyang answered the overture with a fresh show of force -- test-firing a new ballistic missile from a submarine. North Korea claimed Saturday that it successfully test-fired the newly developed ballistic missile. Not long after that announcement, South Korean officials said the North fired three anti-ship cruise missiles into the sea off its east coast.
In response, a State Department official said Saturday that such launches are "a clear violation of multiple U.N. Security Council resolutions," and urged North Korea to "refrain from actions that further raise tensions in the region."
The missile-firing, for the Obama administration, raises all-too-familiar concerns about whether the country can be engaged diplomatically, to discuss its nuclear program. Even before the latest flexing of the North's military might, U.S. officials said the North had not shown it was seriously interested in re-engaging on the issue. (Read more)
- Lord, give us Your wisdom as we deal with North Korea. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him." (James 1:5)
5. Intel chief 'absolutely' forgot about NSA data sweep program, attorney says - Fox News
The National Security Agency's massive data collection program has prompted lawsuits, internal reviews and a fierce congressional debate over whether to scrap it. But Director of National Intelligence James Clapper apparently forgot the program even existed during a key hearing two years ago.
Robert Litt, the DNI's general counsel, revealed the major memory lapse during a panel discussion Friday hosted by the Advisory Committee on Transparency. He was offering an explanation as to why, in a now-infamous exchange several months before Ed Snowden-leaked materials surfaced on the NSA program, Clapper told a Senate committee that the government does not "wittingly" sweep up information on millions of Americans. He wasn't lying, Litt said. Rather, "It was perfectly clear that he had absolutely forgotten the existence of the 215 program."
The claim may be startling for the lawmakers, civil liberties advocates and transparency groups who have debated the program intensely since it was revealed in a series of media reports in mid-2013. (Read more)
- Lord God, we bring James Clapper before Your Throne of Grace, as he stands in the critical position of Director of National Intelligence and we ask Your grace to be with him as he carries out the duties of his job. Lord God, if DNI Clapper has truly forgotten that this program exists, then there seems to be a serious problem that must be addressed. We leave this matter in Your hands, and we ask that the entire matter of the NSA's monitoring of our private communications be investigated and revised. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "God is jealous, and the Lord avenges; the Lord avenges and is furious. The Lord will take vengeance on His adversaries, and He reserves wrath for His enemies; the Lord is slow to anger and great in power, and will not at all acquit the wicked. The Lord is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; and He knows those who trust in Him." (Nahum 1:2-3 and 7)
6. Obama rebukes 'politician' Warren as trade feud escalates - Fox News
A growing feud between President Obama and Democratic Sen. Elizabeth Warren kicked up a notch Saturday, with the president rejecting her recent warnings about a long-sought trade deal and saying in an interview, "Elizabeth is a politician just like everybody else."
The president and the liberal Massachusetts senator have been sparring amid an internal Democratic battle over Obama's trade push. The administration wants Congress to give the president so-called "fast-track" authority, which would ease the ability of the president to secure trade pacts - in this case, a major agreement with Pacific nations called the Trans-Pacific Partnership.
Most recently, Warren has argued that giving Obama the new authority could open the door for a future administration to strike a deal rolling back provisions of the landmark 2010 financial industry regulatory overhaul. From his left flank, Obama has also faced transparency concerns. Warren recently co-authored a letter asking Obama to make public classified information on the trade deal. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we have seen a number of conflicting reports about what is involved with these trade agreements with Pacific nations and the implications they carry for our nation. We are grateful that Sen. Elizabeth Warren is asking for openness concerning what is being agreed upon. We also lift up praise that she is questioning the 'fast-track' authority being requested by the Executive branch and that she is pointing out that it could prove to be a dangerous precedent. Father, we ask that You confront spiritually whomever needs to hear these challenges so that what needs to be investigated is done. We pray this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "Is anything too hard for the Lord?" (Genesis 18:14a)
7. House to Vote this week on the Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act - The Hill
On Friday, House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) announced a vote on this bill next week. Pro-life members and leadership have worked hard to strengthen the Pain bill. It is time for the House to pass this bill to protect thousands of pain-capable babies.
It's time to take back the true narrative. Let's talk again about how babies are victims, desperately in need of advocates. Let's remember that the compassionate thing to do is to protect the defenseless unborn. Let's understand that unborn babies around 20 weeks can feel pain even more acutely than we can, because their pain inhibitors haven't developed yet. Let's not lose sight of this. (Read more)
- Lord God, we thank You that this Congress is about to vote on this major pro-life bill. We ask for a vote of passage of the Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act by a strong and veto-proof majority. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "This is the confidence which we have before Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests which we have asked from Him." (I John 5:14,15)
8. Lawyers for Baltimore cops call for Marilyn Mosby to recuse herself from case - Breitbart
Lawyers representing six Baltimore police officers charged with the death of Freddie Gray filed motions Friday to have the case dismissed and for the office of State's Attorney Marilyn Mosby to recuse itself.
The motion requested the charges be dropped alleging the statement of charges and arrest warnings on May 1 were not filed by the state's attorney's office, as they should by law, but instead from the Baltimore City's Sheriff's Office.
Additionally, the lawyers call for Mosby's removal from the case saying she and her husband, Baltimore City Council member Nick Mosby, stand to have personal gain from the cases. Court documents also say she has personal relationships with some of the people who are likely to testify at trial as well as William Murphy, the Gray family attorney. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, may what truly occurred in this tragic case in Baltimore be discovered and reported. May any questionable actions by the State Attorney's office be corrected so that justice may be served. We pray this in the Name of Jesus, Amen and Amen.
- "For the day of the Lord upon all the nations is near; as you have done, it shall be done to you; your reprisal shall return upon your own head." (Obadiah 1:15)
9. 'I Know I'm Dying': Two Mississippi Cops Shot to Death During Traffic Stop Horror - Breitbart
Three suspects have been charged in the shooting deaths of 34-year-old Benjamin Deen and 25-year-old Liquori Tate. Two police officers were fatally shot during a traffic stop in the southern Mississippi city of Hattiesburg, prompting a statewide manhunt early Sunday for two suspects, authorities said.
Warren Strain, a spokesman for the Mississippi Department of Public Safety, said a Hattiesburg officer had stopped a 2000 Gold Cadillac Escalade about 8:30 p.m. CDT Saturday, a second officer arrived to help him and shots were fired. Those were reported to be the first deaths on the Hattiesburg police force in three decades. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we bring this escalating number of murders of police officers before Your throne, seeking repentance over how our nation appears to be descending rapidly into further violence driven lawlessness. We repent for becoming so numbed by the sinfulness around us that this kind of violent response rises up continually. We ask that You rise up and awaken our society to the fact that this kind of response only incites further destructive violence. We ask You to guide our governmental leaders to know how to handle what is happening so that this violence is defused. Have mercy, Father! We pray this in Jesus' Name and under His Shed Blood, Amen and Amen.
- "The violence of the wicked will destroy them, because they refuse to do justice." (Proverbs 21:7)
10. Tornadoes Ripped Through This Small Town and Leveled Buildings - but One of the Structures That Survived Is Inspiring Residents - The Blaze
After three tornadoes ripped through Blanchard, Oklahoma, this week, wreaking monumental havoc and destruction in their paths, some residents were surprised to wake up and see that a local church was left virtually untouched.
Bridge Creek Church of Christ was still standing on Thursday, despite the destruction of some of the surrounding buildings, according to Ernie Landry, a church member. "[The church] wasn't destroyed but places around us were totaled," he said in an interview with The Christian Post. "We've got some damage. I don't know how much. The insurance company will have to come out and look."
Bridge Creek plans to use its building to help locals who have been negatively impacted by the destruction. Landry said that the church will hand out shovels and other materials - and will solicit donations in an effort to help displaced people secure rooms in hotels and motels. (Read more)
- Abba Father, we lift up praise for the wonderful message this gives to us. May this church continue to prosper and thrive, serving those around them in need. We pray this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "Let everything that has breath praise the Lord. Praise the Lord!" (Psalm 150:6)
MAY DAY ALERT FOR AMERICA!
Call to Prayer from Anne Graham Lotz, Daughter of Billy Graham
May 15-May 23
April 28, 2015
"For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now . . ." - Matthew 24:21
This past Spring, Joel Rosenberg and I taught through the book of Joel as we led a prophecy seminar at The Billy Graham Training Center at The Cove. It was my privilege to give the first two messages that covered Joel 1:1 through Joel 2:17. The impact on me was profound. Both times, when I stepped off of the platform, I knew God had spoken. The messages almost made the hair stand up on the back of my neck. Why? Because God was clearly warning that His judgment is coming on America and it's going to be ugly. I knew it then, and I know it now.
I believe Jesus is soon to return to take all of His followers to Heaven with Him in The Rapture. While this will be deliverance for you and me, can you imagine the impact on our nation, let alone the world, when suddenly every single authentic Christian disappears? Institutions will collapse. Banks will close. The Stock Market will plunge. Planes will fall out of the sky. Cars will crash on the road. Government in America at every level will disintegrate. Families will be torn apart. In the unprecedented turmoil, our nation will be vulnerable for our enemies to seize the moment and attack us. There will be mass chaos, confusion, fear, grief, despair, anger, threats, danger . . . judgment.
Just as God allowed the Israelites, His people, to go through three of the ten plagues He sent in judgment on Pharaoh and Egypt in Exodus 6-8, God may allow His people today to go through a time of distress and trouble before the rapture takes place. I believe we are in that time now. I believe it's time to not just pray. It's time to cry out to God on behalf of our nation and our world.
MAYDAY! MAYDAY! is an international distress call that signals a life-threatening emergency. And it's the call to cry out that I am issuing May 15-May 23. These are the nine days between the Day of the Ascension of Jesus and the Day of Pentecost that have Biblically and traditionally been days of prayer and fasting for an outpouring of God's Spirit.
The purpose of MAYDAY! MAYDAY! is . . .
- To claim God our Father's promise of an outpouring of His Spirit in these days following extraordinary signs in the sky . . . I will pour out my Spirit in those days . . . The sun will be turned to darkness and the moon to blood before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord. (Joel 2:29, 31)
- To implore God the Holy Spirit to compel the church to repent of sin and our nation to return to faith in the living God, that times of refreshing may come . . . (Acts 3:19)
- To entreat God our Savior for an abundant harvest of souls for His Kingdom in the remaining days. Do you not say, 'Four months more and then the harvest'? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest. (John 4:35)
- To delay or soften God's judgment that is coming on America and on our world. Who knows? He may turn and have pity and leave behind a blessing. (Joel 2:13-14)
I'm asking you to please partner with me, and invite everyone on your email address list, or who follows you on facebook or twitter, to join us. I will be posting a blog at http://www.annegrahamlotz.org/mayday/ that will include specific information on how to participate. Please feel free to forward this letter to your constituents or use it in any way that would be helpful.
I will provide a prayer I have written for each of the 9 days to help unite us in one spirit and one voice as we cry out to God. Those who receive the eBlast are invited to sign up for the daily email prayers. Please be assured there is no other agenda to this initiative. This is not about promoting anything or anyone. This is all about calling God's people together to pray, before it's too late, and judgment falls on our nation.  Please let me hear back from you as soon as possible. Time is short.
Then they cried to the Lord in their trouble, and He saved them from their distress. -Psalm 107:19
 One month after Mayday! Mayday! the Supreme Court will make a landmark decision on marriage. And four months after Mayday! Mayday! Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish Feast of Trumpets that many people believe will be fulfilled by the rapture of the church, will take place on September 13-15. Soon after Rosh Hashanah, the fourth blood moon will occur on September 28. The time is critical, and the time is now, to pray!
Anne Graham Lotz
Prayer Partners for Lamborn
Prayer Partners for Lamborn:
Weekly Prayer Requests
Published with Permission by Friends
of Congressman Doug Lamborn (R-CO)
"In the Lord I take refuge;
How can you say to my soul, "Flee as a bird to your mountain;
2 For, behold, the wicked bend the bow,
They make ready their arrow upon the string
To shoot in darkness at the upright in heart.
3 If the foundations are destroyed,
What can the righteous do?"
4 The Lord is in His holy temple; the Lord's throne is in heaven;
His eyes behold, His eyelids test the sons of men.
5 The Lord tests the righteous and the wicked,
And the one who loves violence His soul hates.
6 Upon the wicked He will rain snares;
Fire and brimstone and burning wind will be the portion of their cup.
7 For the Lord is righteous, He loves righteousness;
The upright will behold His face." (Psalm 11)
Please pray . . .
1. Please pray that the Iran negotiations would not give Iran the ability to construct nuclear weapons with impunity, but that the administration would come to its senses before it's too late. Pray that Congress would be able to weigh in on the deal according to its Constitutional role.
2. Pray that the remaining 20 months of Barack Obama's term he would not be able to create irreversible foreign and domestic problems for the U.S., but that Congress, the courts, and perhaps most importantly of all, public opinion, would all be against any unconstitutional and damaging plans Obama may have.
3. Please pray that our Supreme Court would make wise Godly decisions on the many monumental cases being brought before.
Another Look at Fairfax County
Another Look at Fairfax County:
Obama to schools: Gender-bend or lose funding
Outraged parents locked out of board meeting
[Note: Last Friday, we published an article on this news written by Gary Bauer. Today's article, posted by World Net Daily, provides more details on this critical topic: critical because what has now happened in Fairfax County, Virginia, is about to go nationwide.]
The largest school district in Virginia is expanding its non-discrimination policy to include gender identity over the loud objections of parents, and the Obama administration intends to impose the change on every public school district in the country.
On Thursday, the Fairfax County School Board voted overwhelmingly to expand it's non-discrimination policy to accommodate transgender teachers and students. The vote came after the second of two boisterous hearings, at which parents overwhelmingly opposed the change.
The amended policy would apply to students as young as preschool and allow teachers to stay in the classroom if they declare themselves to be a different gender and conduct themselves accordingly. Many parents are concerned about privacy for their kids if transgender adults and students are granted access to restrooms and locker rooms opposite of their biological gender.
For weeks, board members touted the change as minor change and one that would ensure all people are treated fairly. Shortly after the vote, that story changed.
In a statement released after the meeting, school board chairwoman Tamara Derenak Koufax released a statement which said the federal government left the board no choice.
"The U.S. Department of Education has told school districts that transgender students are protected from discrimination under Title IX and has recently required some school districts including Alexandria, Va., to amend their policies to expressly include gender identity," said Koufax in the statement.
"What happened in Fairfax is not just about Fairfax. It is now a national issue," said Traditional Values Coalition President Andrea Lafferty, whose children were enrolled in Fairfax schools for many years.
"President Obama and his Justice Department and his Department of Education are going to start telling school districts, 'If you do not add gender identity, we are going to take away all your federal funding," said Lafferty. (WorldNetDaily) Read more
- Lord God, we cry out for MERCY for our children! We ask for strategies to emerge quickly that this edict be overturned and our children be safe in our schools again. Lord, help us, we pray in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "Rise up, be our help, And redeem us for the sake of Your lovingkindness.' (Psalm 44:6)
IPC Monthly Letter
International Prayer Connections
A Monthly Journal to Guide Intercession for Our World
This month's prayer letter from the International Prayer Council include these topics:
1. Intercession is an act of dangerous warfare
2. Pray for Nepal
3. Pray for the Nordic Summit- for the people of God in our five Nordic countries!
4. World Prayer Centre and Trumpet Call National Prayer Day in the UK
5. Australia Calls World to Pray for USA
(For more on this topic, please go here.)
6. Report on the Prayer Initiatives for North Korea and Pakistan
7. Persecution and Oppression of Christians and Ministries in India
. . . and much, much more!
To read this report, written by John Robb, Chairman, International Prayer Council, please go here.
Don't miss this one!
Our Grandmothers' Songs
Songs Our Grandmothers Sang:
WHEN THE ROLL IS CALLED UP YONDER
"I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened." (Revelation 20:12)
When the trumpet of the Lord shall sound, and time shall be no more,
And the morning breaks, eternal, bright and fair;
When the saved of earth shall gather over on the other shore,
And the roll is called up yonder, I'll be there. Refrain
When the roll, is called up yon-der, When the roll, is called up yon-der, When the roll, is called up yon-der, When the roll is called up yonder I'll be there.
On that bright and cloudless morning when the dead in Christ shall rise,
And the glory of His resurrection share;
When His chosen ones shall gather to their home beyond the skies,
And the roll is called up yonder, I'll be there.
Let us labor for the Master from the dawn till setting sun,
Let us talk of all His wondrous love and care;
Then when all of life is over, and our work on earth is done,
And the roll is called up yonder, I'll be there.
Please go here!
About the Author:
Words and music: James M. Black, 1893
About the Hymn:
Black, a Methodist Sunday school teacher in Williamsport, Pennsylvania, was calling roll one day for a youth meeting. Young Bessie, daughter of a drunkard, did not show up, and he was disappointed at her failure to appear. Black made a comment to the effect, "Well, I trust when the roll is called up yonder, she'll be there." He tried to respond with an appropriate song, but could not find one in his song book:
This lack of a fitting song caused me both sorrow and disappointment. An inner voice seemed to say, "Why don't you write one?" I put away the thought. As I opened the gate on my way home, the same thought came again so strongly that tears filled my eyes. I entered the house and sat down at the piano. The words came to me effortlessly . . .The tune came the same way-I dared not change a single note or word.
Leaders Call Nation to Repentance
Dr. Ben Carson, Rep. Louie Gohmert, Faith Leaders Call America to Repentance at National Day of Prayer
Today marks the National Day of Prayer, recognized in federal law as a day "on which the people of the United States may turn to God in prayer and meditation at churches, in groups, and as individuals."
President Barack Obama issued the annual proclamation late yesterday, while governors in every U.S. state followed suit today. Rep. Randy Forbes, founding co-chair of the Congressional Prayer Caucus, also worked with 56 Members of Congress to issue "An Open Letter to America on Prayer" today.
The presidential proclamation reads in part: "In the face of tremendous challenges, prayer is a powerful force for peace, justice, and a brighter, more hopeful tomorrow . . . When we pray, we are reminded that we are not alone - our hope is a common hope, our pain is shared, and we are all children of God."
According to the National Day of Prayer Task Force, a nonprofit group that mobilizes prayer nationwide and promotes the annual observance, more than 43,000 prayer gatherings will occur across America today on this its 64th year.
Nearly one million people worldwide tuned in online this morning to the National Observance in Washington, DC - seeking inspiration, direction from faith leaders, and prayer points to carry to local meetings.
National Governor's Prayer Team Sponsors Unofficial NDP "Afterglow" Conference Call:
Tomorrow, Tuesday, May 12, 2015
11:00 a.m. EDT/10:00 a.m. CDT/9:00 a.m. MDT/ 8:00 a.m.PDT
Tomorrow morning (Tuesday, May 12, 2015), the National Governors' Prayer Team will devote its weekly prayer conference call to hearing the reports of saints across the nation of how God moved, and what He brought forth, on the 64th Annual Observance of the National Day of Prayer in your own cities and states.
In these very serious, perilous and troubling times, Abba's light IS still shining in the darkness, and we shall behold His Glory!
Join us on this call by dialing the conference number:
Access Code: 495241#
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
He Who Trusts - Marty Goetz
Worship Him today according to Psalm 91!
Remembering Lance Lambert
Remembering Lance Lambert
By Barry and Batya Segal
Lance Lambert, beloved brother in the Lord, friend to multitudes in Israel and abroad, and world renowned Bible teacher has passed away. Following severe health battles in Greece late last year, Lance was again hospitalized last month in Jerusalem, Israel, where he passed away peacefully Sunday afternoon May 10, 2015.
Lance, for decades, has been known as one of the most distinguished Bible scholars and speakers in Israel and for years had an itinerant teaching ministry worldwide. He was one of the great prophetic voices of our time. Born in 1931, He grew up in Richmond, Surrey and came to know the Lord at twelve years of age. He entered the school of African and Oriental studies at London University to prepare for work in China. He studied Classical Chinese, Mandarin, Oriental Philosophy and Far Eastern History, but the revolution closed the door to European missionaries and his entry into China.
In the early 1950's Lance served in the Royal Air Force in Egypt and later founded Halford House Christian Fellowship in Richmond, England. Having discovered his Jewish ancestry Lance became an Israeli citizen in 1980 and for many years until his passing resided in Jerusalem. His father and many members of his family died in the Holocaust. He produced a widely appreciated quarterly audio recording called the Middle East Update, which gives his unique perspective on current events in the Middle East, in the light of God's Word. He wrote numerous books including The Uniqueness of Israel and is presenter of the video production, Jerusalem, the Covenant City.
Those of us who have loved and known Lance throughout the years deeply mourn his departure from our midst. At the same time, we rejoice in his gain; the Lord Yeshua face to face, the gates opened wide to an eternity of heaven, the words of the Father, "Well done, My good and faithful servant."