Thursday, May 7th
National Day of Prayer!
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Friday, May 1, 2015
"Let the heavens declare His righteousness, For God Himself is Judge."
" . . . but deliver us from evil . . ." (Matthew 6:13)
" . . . For the battle is the Lord's . . ." (1 Samuel 17:47)
"The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty . . ." (Zeph. 3:17)
God's Promise for the Supreme Court
This photo of the front of the Supreme Court was taken the night before the hearings on gay marriage: Monday, April 27, at sunset. Thank You, Lord, for watching over this Court. Amen.
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. Report: Iran pushing Hezbollah to carry out attacks against Israel - Israel Hayom
Iran has recently increased its pressure on Hezbollah and Syria to carry out attacks on the Israel-Syria and Israel-Lebanon borders, Channel 10 News reported Tuesday.
Syrian Defense Minister Gen. Fahd Jassem al-Freij, who is also deputy commander of the Syrian armed forces, met his Iranian counterpart Hossein Dehghan on Tuesday, in Tehran.
The rare visit was aimed at "strengthening coordination and cooperation between the two armies . . . especially in the face of terrorism and common challenges in the region," the state-run Syrian Arab News Agency said.
According to Channel 10, the Syrian official was instructed to mount "forceful responses" over the recent alleged Israeli strikes in Syria.
2. 'Even if a missile strikes our operations, we will keep the IDF's network running' -Jerusalem Post
On any given day, a fighter jet in the air, a field commander patrolling a hostile border, a tank in training, or a spy satellite in orbit will access the IDF's cross-branch, operational digital network.
The network, created by the army's Center of Computing and Information Systems, known by its Hebrew acronym, MAMRAM, connects all of the military, and dependence on it is growing.
Ensuring that the network is up and running at all times has become a paramount goal of the MAMRAM unit, its commander, Col. Hanan Iserovich, told The Jerusalem Post in recent days.
Speaking at the unit's headquarters in Ramat Gan, Iserovich explained the basic functions of the unit.
"We deal in research and development for information systems, from servers to databases, all for enabling military operations," he said.
3. As violent protest winds down, Ethiopian demonstrators warn it's 'just the beginning' -Times of Israel
A Jerusalem demonstration called to highlight police brutality against members of Israel's Ethiopian community finally wound down late on Thursday night, after nine hours of sometimes violent confrontation that left over a dozen people injured.
Shortly after 1 a.m., the last of the several hundred protesters went home, and traffic resumed its normal flow at the entrance to the city, where several dozen demonstrators had ultimately congregated and been dispersed.
But many of the demonstrators promised that the protests were "only the beginning," and vowed that such rallies would spread nationwide in the coming days.
4. In heritage month message, Obama says US Jews still face bigotry -Times of Israel
WASHINGTON - Jews continue to face bigotry in the United States, President Barack Obama said in his Jewish Heritage Month proclamation.
"This year, Jewish American Heritage Month begins as the world commemorates the 70th anniversary of the liberation of Dachau by American soldiers," Obama wrote in his proclamation issued Thursday for the month, which is designated as May by US law.
"We are once again reminded that the vibrant culture of the Jewish people has not always been embraced," he wrote. "As tragic events show us all too often, Jewish communities continue to confront hostility and bigotry, including in America."
5. Criticism against new government: "Netanyahu is selling out Israel's values for a coalition" - Jerusalem Online
The agreement signed by Netanyahu and the United Torah Judaism party today (Wednesday) brought about the cancellation of the "equality in the burden" law that was passed during the last Knesset by Yair Lapid and his party. The Chairman of the Yesh Atid party addressed Likud voters, asking them if this is what they hoped for when they elected Netanyahu. Lapid attacked the Prime Minister, blaming him for selling out the country's values for his coalition.
"Netanyahu is selling the values of the State of Israel in exchange for a coalition," Lapid stated. "The Prime Minister, who claims to stand at the head of a Zionist party, sold out the values of equality and equal bearing of our shared burden to a non-Zionist party. The bill is paid for by the working and serving public, the very soldiers that only last summer protected with their lives the residents of the south. Yesh Atid will not give up and will fight for this historic law."
6. Religious portfolio is sticking point in coalition talks - Ynet News
Netanyahu signed coalition agreements with Kulanu and United Torah Judaism, but conflict looms as Yisrael Beytenu and Bayit Yehudi take issue with promises made to haredi parties. The prime minister met with Bayit Yehudi Chairman Naftali Bennett on Tuesday night, prior to the agreement with Kahlon and UTJ. The Likud proposal presented to Bennett, who was Economy Minister in Netanyahu's third government, would take him to the Education Ministry and allow him to retain his position as Diaspora Affairs Minister.
There is further disagreement regarding Bayit Yehudi's demand that Netanyahu promise not to freeze construction in the West Bank and Jerusalem and to transfer billions of shekels to the Education Ministry - a budget Bennett seeks to use for changes in the education system. "He's not going to join the Education Ministry to deal with deficits," said a source in the party. "If there is no budget to develop the ministry, it's better to pass on it." (Read more)
7. Coalition talks down to the wire as deadline looms - Jerusalem Post
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and his Likud negotiating team failed to persuade its Shas and Bayit Yehudi counterparts to compromise Thursday, postponing signing ceremonies with the two parties as well as with Yisrael Beytenu to next week.
Netanyahu has until Wednesday at 8 p.m. to inform President Reuven Rivlin that he has formed a government. If he does not have the support of at least 61 MKs by then, Rivlin would then be obligated to call upon another MK to build a coalition or initiate another election.
8. Shaked Wishes to Resign as MK After Being Appointed a Minister -Israel National News
The Jewish Home party is asking to add a clause to the coalition agreement with the Likud that would allow Ayelet Shaked to resign from the Knesset after she is appointed a government minister.
Such a move would allow Shuli Muallem, who is next on the Jewish Home's list, to enter the Knesset and continue serving as an MK.
The clause would be modeled after the "Norwegian Law", which removes new ministers from the legislature and allows lower-ranking members of their parties to take their seats in the Knesset.
9. Israel Will Strike Iran First To Thwart Nuclear Attack - Breitbart
America, ostensibly Israel's ally, is rumored to have ordered US warships to shoot down Israeli aircraft, should a strike on Iran appear to be in progress. According to Israeli newspapers, President Obama thwarted a planned 2014 Israeli attack against Iranian nuclear facilities, by threatening to shoot down the Israeli bombers. (Read more)
10. Day of Repentance Observed at the Wailing Wall - National Day of Repentance
Dear Pastor Daly,
Just to confirm with you (God's timing) that our/my prayer requests (repentance for our nation and our families) were submitted to the Wailing Wall in Jerusalem yesterday, April 30/Repentance Day as orchestrated.
The occasion for our pastors and several congregation members being in Israel is to attend an Aglow Conference that is traveling and praying.
I believe it is all in Abba's timing . . . agreeing with you and agreeing with heaven.
- We rejoice with Pastor Jeff Daly at news of this report from the Wailing Wall. It IS written: "Every knee must bow . . ." Thank You, Jesus, amen and amen!
11. Archeological activists: Elad must cede control of Temple Mount tunnel -Jerusalem Post
During a Thursday morning press tour of a contested tunnel being excavated under the Temple Mount, Yonathan Mizrachi stopped to explain why his archeological NGO submitted a petition to the High Court requesting that a right-wing NGO cease managerial oversight of the project.
"We don't think any private organization should operate an archeological site, but especially one with a political agenda in a place that is important to everybody who cherishes the history of Jerusalem - including Jews, Muslims, Christians, and non-religious people," said Mizrachi, executive director of Emek Shaveh, a left-wing, European- funded consortium of archeologists.
Excavation of the tunnel, which extends from the Silwan parking lot opposite the Dung Gate to the Western Wall, commenced in 2009 by the Israel Antiquities Authority (IAA), but is managed by the Ir David Foundation (Elad), which operates the City of David National Park, that draws more than 500,000 tourists annually.
12. Hebrew Nation News: Weekly Prayer Report - HNN
To read this week's riveting issue of the HNN report, written by Laura Densmore, please go here.
(Includes keys to the possible cause of the cataclysmic earthquake in Nepal!)
The Daily Brief
1. House Majority Leader McCarthy: 100 Days Analytics - Christian Coalition of America
The House finished its first 100 days last week, and we've gotten a lot done. The House has passed dozens of bills to increase tax freedom, move closer to North American Energy independence, grow small businesses, fight human trafficking, support our veterans, and so much more.
A recent report by the Bipartisan Policy Center found that, "The first three months of the 114th Congress showed a burst of energy, with Congressional committees reporting bills in higher numbers than during recent Congresses."
Under Republican leadership in the House and Senate, things are different in Washington, and there's data to prove it . . . (Read more)
- Father God, some would see a glass as half full; others would see it as half empty. We ask You to grant us Your perspective on the working of the current Congress, and to help us to always speak peace, wisdom and blessings over each legislator. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "First of all, then, I ask that supplications, prayers, petitions, and thanksgivings be offered for everyone, for kings and for all in authority, that we may lead a quiet and tranquil life in all devotion and dignity. This is good and pleasing to God our savior, who wills everyone to be saved and to come to knowledge of the truth." (I Timothy 2:1,2)
2. House passes budget, handing victory to GOP leaders - The Hill
The House on Thursday passed a Republican budget that would boost defense spending, slash social welfare programs and target ObamaCare, in what GOP leaders cast as a victory for fiscal sanity.
"We are set to adopt the first balanced budget of this kind in over a decade," House Budget Chairman Tom Price (R-Ga.) said Thursday. "The American people can't live on borrowed money. The federal government ought not to do so either." (Read more(Read more)
- We Praise You, our wonderful Lord, for the passage of a Republican budget that will boost spending in our military and defense, and cut back on "handouts" for those unwilling to work for it. We thank You also, that this will enable us to "tweak" the healthcare bill and bring fiscal sanity back to our nation. We are so grateful to You! We ask that this Congress will be motivated by a spirit of serving their constituents, and not by a desire for power, and the next Congress as well, we pray, Amen!
- "Thus says the Lord, your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: I am the Lord your God, Who teaches you to profit, Who leads you in the way that you should go. Oh, that you had hearkened to My commandments! Then your peace and prosperity would have been like a flowing river, and your righteousness [the holiness and purity of the nation] like the [abundant] waves of the sea." (Isaiah 48:17,18 AMP)
3. Who says Congress doesn't have a prayer - WND
"Just to let you know, we members of Congress, we actually pray all the time - most often in private, but tonight we're here as witnesses to each other before God." That's what Rep. Tim Murphy, R-Pa., told the crowd of roughly a hundred guests at the 2015 "Washington: A Man of Prayer" service, held in the U.S. Capitol Wednesday. (Read more) [Editor's note: please do search out this link and read the many testimonies of many members of Congress who are now openly praying for our nation. You will be richly blessed when you do!]
- Lord God, we thank You for this amazing prayer service that took place here on Capitol Hill this week. Lord God, we bless the wonderful team that oversees the program each year for "Washington, Man of Prayer," and we see the fruit of their labor. May many of our citizens realize that there are really wonderful things happening now in our Congress . . . because God's people have prayed. In Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "The effectual, fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." (James 5:16)
4. Jonathan Cahn: 'Follow Baal and go to hell' - WND
"The justices of the Supreme Court took up their seats [in a hearing] on whether they should strike down the biblical and historic definition of marriage," he said. "That the event should even take place is a sign this is America of [George] Washington's warning . . . a nation at war against its own foundation." (Read more)
- Lord God, we thank You for the boldness of Rabbi Jonathan Cahn, who has the courage to speak truth to power. We ask You keep him protected under the shelter of Your wing, and that many who are "in power" would take heed to these words of truth, repent, and find You as their own Savior and Lord, while there is yet time. Thank You, Lord, in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "For I will give you words and wisdom that none of your adversaries will be able to resist or contradict." (Luke 21:15)
5. Muslim congressmen try to boot Islam critic Geert Wilders - WND
Crashed D.C. news conference after urging John Kerry to deny visa
As one of the world's most prominent critics of Islam, Dutch lawmaker Geert Wilders doesn't go anywhere without his security detail of as many as six plainclothes police officers, and he rarely crosses international borders without causing political uproar, having already been banned in Britain at one time. So it was of little surprise that three U.S. congressmen urged Secretary of State John Kerry and Secretary of Homeland Security Jeh Johnson to deny him a visa ahead of his planned visit to the U.S. this week, due to his alleged ongoing "participation in inciting anti-Muslim aggression and violence."
Reps. Keith Ellison, D-Minn., and André Carson, D-Ind., who both are Muslim, along with Rep. Joe Crowley, D-N.Y., wrote a letter April 23 citing "the International Religious Freedom Act which allows the Department of State to deny entry to a foreign leader who is responsible for severe violations of religious freedom." (Read more)
- Father God, when we are lost in sin and confronted with the Truth of the Good News of Jesus Christ, our first reaction is often to be offended, and to "hang onto" whatever belief system we embrace. We ask, dear Lord, that now that these two Muslim members of Congress have heard Your Word, that it WOULD penetrate their souls and set them free from bondage to Islam. We ask for their salvation, in Jesus' name and under His Shed Blood, amen and amen.
- "You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." (John 8:32)
6. Lawmakers fuming over report Capitol police left guns in bathrooms - Fox News
Lawmakers are fuming over claims that Capitol Police officers left their service weapons in bathrooms and other spots across the Capitol complex three times this year. In one instance, a child visiting the Capitol reportedly found a loaded Glock.
"The fact that dangerous weapons were left in the open, potentially within reach of the general public, is unacceptable," said House Administration Committee Chairwoman Candice Miller, R-Mich., and Ranking Member Robert Brady, D-Pa., in a written statement.
The newspaper Roll Call, which first reported the incidents, said one of the guns -- allegedly left by a member of House Speaker John Boehner's detail in a bathroom in March -- was found by a 7- or 8-year-old child.
Another was found stuffed in a restroom stall in the Capitol Visitor's Center in January. It was discovered by a Capitol worker and belonged to a member of Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell's security detail.
Custodial staff located a third weapon two weeks ago at the Capitol Police headquarters.
These firearms are Glocks and do not have conventional "safeties" on them -- they will fire if the trigger is pulled. (Read more)
- Holy God Almighty in Heaven! We praise You, dear Lord, that that little child was protected when he came across that loaded weapon on Capitol Hill! Clearly, Your angels were busy that day, keeping that child safe!
We ask that all details of these recent occurrences be revealed and that strong disciplinary measures be meted out to those responsible for these oversights, as well as new measures to be enacted so that the public is safe when visiting Congress. Help us, Lord, we ask in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "The LORD is far from the wicked, but he hears the prayer of the righteous." (Proverbs 15:29)
7. Why More American Jews are Switching to Vote Republican - Times of Israel
Obama's ongoing disregard for Jewish Americans' concerns is prompting an exodus from the Democratic camp.
America has good allies all around the world, but there is no greater ally than Israel, a beacon of democracy, freedom and liberty in a part of the world filled with darkness. However, the Obama administration continues to create more and more daylight between itself and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. The rest of America is watching with deep concern. Last summer, when Israelis said enough was enough of the daily running to bomb shelters as a result of Hamas attacks, Israel went on the offensive to secure the country. Instead of standing with our ally, President Obama chose to urge patience on the part of the Israelis while praising the Palestinian Authority.
The president continues with his dangerous foreign policy that is only further contributing to the destabilization of the Middle East. The president's current P5+1 negotiation with Iran, a government involved in state-sponsored terrorism, is on pace to trigger a nuclear arms race in the Middle East. (Read more)
- Father, we thank You for the amicable relationship between Israel and the U.S. these many years, and pray that our alliance with them will only grow deeper and stronger. We thank You that many Jews are seeing the Republicans within our government being supportive of the rights of Israel to possess her own Land according to God's Word. We ask that You will give this revelation to many more, and that we will be faithful in fitting in to Your desire for Israel in these days. We do ask that, in this upcoming election year, our electorate will receive the revelation of living according to Your Word, and voting for Your candidate for each office, and enjoy the blessing and freedom that comes from You. In Your Name we pray, Amen.
- "The Lord has made known His salvation; His righteousness has He openly shown in the sight of the nations. He has [earnestly] remembered His mercy and loving-kindness, His truth and His faithfulness toward the house of Israel; all the ends of the earth have witnessed the salvation of our God." (Psalm 98:2,3 AMP)
8. U.S. Navy to Accompany U.S.-flagged Ships in Persian Gulf After Iran Seizes Vessel - Fox News
U.S. Navy ships will begin to accompany U.S.- and British-flagged commercial ships as they travel the Strait of Hormuz, defense officials confirmed to Fox News, on the heels of Iran seizing a cargo ship. The Obama administration is closely monitoring Iran's takeover of the ship, as it involved a Marshall Islands-flagged vessel. The Marshall Islands and the U.S. have a longstanding security agreement, and officials said Thursday the two nations are in contact.
But, in a clear response to that incident, a defense official said the U.S. Navy will now accompany all U.S.-flagged ships going through the area, from the Persian Gulf toward the Arabian Sea. Officials said the Navy will also accompany British-flagged vessels. The move is the latest development in a high-stakes chess match in the region, with the Iran nuclear talks continuing to play out in the background. (Read now)
- Father, we thank You for this change in policy, so that our Navy will accompany U.S. ships and show strength and solidarity when they pass through the Straits of Hormuz in the Middle East. We know that sometimes our enemies try to intimidate us with "veiled threats". May they see that we are not fearful of them, but will do whatever we believe we must do to protect our ships and personnel. We ask that the actions of the U.S. would be successful, and bring peace to the military personnel, and would be pleasing to You! In Jesus' name, amen.
- "And do not [for a moment] be frightened or intimidated in anything by your opponents and adversaries, for such [constancy and fearlessness] will be a clear sign (proof and seal) to them of [their impending] destruction, but [a sure token and evidence] of your deliverance and salvation,and that from God." (Philippians 1:28 AMP)
9. US official: Iran's role in regional events could derail nuclear deal - Jerusalem Post
The United States wants India and other countries to wait for a final nuclear deal between Tehran and world powers before actively engaging with Tehran, US Under Secretary Wendy Sherman said on Wednesday.
"I would say 'hold your horses'. We are not quite to an agreement yet," Sherman said, referring to India and other buyers of Iranian oil that want to increase their trade ties with Tehran.
- Lord God, we thank You that this statement by a government official is meant to put the brakes on any attempt to lift sanctions against Iran until a meaningful agreement has been made. We agree and we say: "hold your horses," for now, in Jesus' name, amen and amen.>
- "All you need to say is simply 'Yes' or 'No'; anything beyond this comes from the evil one." (Matthew 5:37)
10. Nigeria working to identify nearly 300 rescued women, girls - YahooNews.com
Nigeria was on Wednesday seeking to identify nearly 300 women and girls rescued from Boko Haram, raising hopes they may include schoolgirls seized in a high-profile kidnapping last year. (Read more)
- Father God, again we thank You for this answer to prayer and ask that this search for these missing girls would be fully successful. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it." (John 14:14)
The Daily Jot (One)
Standing against tyranny
Alexis de Tocqueville defined soft tyranny in his book Democracy in America, Volume II (1840), saying the government covers the surface of society with a network where "The will of man is not shattered, but softened, bent, and guided; men are seldom forced by it to act, but they are constantly restrained from acting. Such a power does not destroy, but it prevents existence: it does not tyrannize, but it compresses, enervates, extinguishes, and stupefies a people, till each is reduced to nothing better than a flock of timid and industrious animals, of which the government is the shepherd." Arkansas businesswoman Jan Morgan is experiencing this first hand, and she is standing against it.
Morgan owns a "live-fire" indoor shooting range. Last September she wrote a blog about why she has banned Muslims from her facility. This week the Washington Post reported that after the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) and the Arkansas chapter of the American Civil Liberties Union complained to the government, the Justice Department sent a brief email to the Post confirming it was "monitoring the matter." This prompted a response from CAIR saying, "We welcome this positive development and hope it leads to a thorough investigation of clear violations of the civil rights of American Muslims and those perceived to be Muslim by the gun range owner."
Morgan runs the Gun Cave Shooting Range as a private club, with a base of dues-paying members. According to the Post, "Because of this, Morgan believes her decision to exclude Muslims is protected by a Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives policy that gives range owners the discretion to turn away potential customers who pose a threat to the safety of others." Already, people have been sent to become members that she has refused and they are claiming she is profiling illegally. Morgan's blog gives 10 reasons why her range is a "Muslim Free Zone," among them are the 109 verses in the Koran "commanding hate, murder and terror" of those not submitting to Islam.
Morgan says the US Constitution doesn't protect a theocracy. She said, "Islam is the union of political, legal, and religious ideologies. In other words, law, religion and state are forged together to form what Muslims refer to as "The Nation of Islam." It is given the sovereign qualities of a nation with clerics in the governing body and Sharia law all in one. This is a Theocracy, not a religion." Morgan is taking a logical, legal, and morally correct stance. The pro-Islam Justice Department and its terrorist-sympathizing "civil rights" conspirators are practicing soft tyranny against this US citizen. Ephesians 6:13 says, "Wherefore take unto you the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand." This is an example of soft tyranny. Soft tyranny is evil. Morgan is standing against it. So should we.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
The Daily Jot (Two)
America burns, president lectures, leaders hide
There is a tremendous void of leadership in this country. The bulk of the people in charge are not statesmen, neither are they leaders, nor are they virtuous people with honor and integrity to lead. America elected a man of color, hoping upon hope that he would do as he promised--bring Americans together, bridge the racial divide. That hasn't happened. Tensions between Blacks and Whites has increased during this presidency and is, quite frankly, at a tipping point. What does the "president" do? He lectures Americans about solving the problem by paying attention to it everyday, not just when a CVS drugstore is burnt to the ground. That helps a lot, Captain Obvious. We don't need lectures, we need leaders.
The White House posted some of the "president's" remarks as if they were news. In reality, they are empty words that inflame rather than unite, demonstrating that he has no desire to influence the situation for the benefit of all Americans. His White House post said, "We don't just pay attention to these communities when a CVS burns, and we don't just pay attention when a young man gets shot or has his spine snapped. We should be paying attention all the time because we consider those kids our kids, and we think they're important and that they shouldn't be living in poverty and violence." No dialogue. No solutions. No leadership. His remarks seem to encourage more destruction across the country.
Case in point: The "president" says the destruction is good news because it has brought awareness. He said, "This is not new, and we shouldn't pretend that it's new. The good news is that perhaps there's some newfound awareness, because of social media and video cameras and so forth, that there are problems and challenges when it comes to how policing and our laws are applied in certain communities and we have to pay attention to it." This coming from a man who picks and chooses which laws he wants to apply--can anyone say: offshore drilling, defense of marriage, border security, health care, electioneering? This is the type of twisted logic that causes civil unrest and disenfranchisement.
Most Presidents would bring people together, have dialogue and work toward a solution. This "president" says riots are a good thing because they bring awareness and that police shouldn't enforce the laws in "certain communities." And it's not just the "president," although he is in a good position to do something constructive. Leadership in the Black community isn't coming from the churches, its coming from insurgent Islamist groups like the New Black Panthers, Nation of Islam, and other radical elements. There is no leadership from the White community, none from Congress, nor from governors, and especially not from the church. Jesus said in Matthew 12:25, "Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand." We are a nation divided with a vacuum of leadership.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Focus on Baltimore
Focus on Baltimore
1. 'Brutal' black-on-white mob attack near Baltimore - WND
Baltimore-area police have arrested two - and more will likely follow - in the case of a mob of black high school youths rushing a 61-year-old white man outside his home and beating him so badly he was placed in a medically induced coma.One police spokesman for the Dundalk, Maryland, force called the attack vicious."This is not a simple fist fight," he said, to WBAL-TV "This is a brutal assault." (Read more)
- Abba, we thank You for sparing the life of this man, who was so badly beaten. Lord, we ask that He make a full recovery, and that You would bring glory to Yourself through this experience. We ask that these high school boys who did this, would be truly repentant, and come to know You as their Saviour. Draw them by Your Holy Spirit, and may their anger and rage be turned into compassion, we pray. We pray that this victim will also be able to forgive these who have caused him such unnecessary injury and pain. Make even the "wrath of man" to praise You, we pray, in Your name, Amen.
- "Surely the wrath of man shall praise You; the remainder of wrath shall You restrain and gird and arm Yourself with it." (Psalm 76:10)
2. Prosecutor charges 6 officers in Gray's death - WTOP
Baltimore's top prosecutor announced criminal charges Friday against all six officers suspended after a man suffered a fatal spinal injury in police custody, saying "no one is above the law."
"Mr. Gray's death was a homicide," State's Attorney Marilyn Mosby declared. His arrest was illegal and his treatment in custody amounted to murder and manslaughter, she said.
The announcement came after nearly two weeks of growing anger over Freddie Gray's death, and only hours after Mosby received the results of the internal police investigation and an official autopsy report. As Mosby spoke, the city was bracing for huge crowds in two more waves of protests Friday and Saturday.
Mosby announced the stiffest charge -- second-degree "depraved heart" murder -- against the driver of the police van. Other officers face charges of involuntary manslaughter, assault and illegal arrest. (Read more)
- O God, our Judge, and our Advocate, we come to You and ask that all the facts concerning the death of this young man in police custody would be brought into the light, and bring glory to You. We ask for repentance, and that many would come to know You as Savior, as a result of all these "happenings" in Baltimore.
We ask for the forsaking of rage and retribution, and that a spirit of murder be bound up and paralyzed by Your spirit. May a spirit of forgiveness and love take its place, we pray. We ask for Your true comfort for those who are grieving, and wisdom to enact laws to protect others in a similar situation. Lord, bring order out of chaos, light out of darkness, and peace out of pain, we pray, in Your Name, Amen.
- "But all things should be done with regard to decency and propriety and in an orderly fashion." (I Corinthians 14:40)
3. Social Media Shows Link Between Ferguson & Baltimore Violence - Fox News
Fox News discovered a report that shows a link between the violence in Ferguson, MO and the violence that is burning Baltimore. A government related data mining firm has found between 20 and 50 social media accounts in Baltimore that were connected to the peak of the violence and rioting in Ferguson. The discovery suggests that "professional protesters" are taking advantage of the Baltimore situation in an attempt to cause anarchy and violence.
The launching of the Monday rioting began via social media when calls were placed for a "purge" starting at the Mondawmin Mall and moving downtown. The reference was to a movie called "The Purge" where for 12 hours there is no police or emergency response, allowing citizens to commit acts of crime and violence with immunity.
While gang members are denying they were working together to focus on white police officers, texts through social media did show accounts calling for people to "kill all white police officers" in response to the death of Freddie Gray. (Read more)
- Lord, Jehovah Shalom, our Peace, we thank You that these things are being revealed that You may make things right. We come against "professional protestors," whose aim is only to divide and conquer and bring chaos to our streets. We ask You to expose each individual behind these senseless acts, so they can be dealt with according to Your laws. Be our Prince of Peace and bring order out of chaos. Be glorified in our midst, O God of our Salvation, we pray! May spirits of repentance flow through the streets of Baltimore, we pray, Amen!
- "When the Lamb opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature say, "Come!" Then another horse came out, a red one. Its rider was given power to take away peace (prosperity, rest) from the earth and to make people kill each other (butcher, slaughter, to maim violently, in streets), and he was given a big sword (assassins sword, terrorist, loud, mighty, sore afraid)." (Revelation 6:3,4 AMP)
4. 9-1-1 terror as black mob rampages in Charleston - WND
Witnesses and police say a mob of 60 black teens took to the streets of Charleston, South Carolina, to unleash attacks on unsuspecting drivers and pedestrians, all but one of whom were white.
Still, police aren't concluding the attacks were racially motivated or that they came in angry response to the Baltimore-rooted protests over Freddie Gray, the 25-year-old black man who died from injuries suffered shortly after he was taken into police custody. The random violence also comes on the heels of a widely reported North Charleston police officer's shooting of Walter Scott, a black man whose killing was captured on video.
"The Walter Scott incident is fresh in their minds, and then there's Baltimore," said James Johnson, one of the leading local activists against police behavior in the Scott case, the Post and Courier reported. "But there's no telling. It could be just spur of the moment. I'm hoping we can find out. Whatever it is, we've got to go to the root of the problem so it doesn't happen again." (Read more)
- Lord God, we agree with this last statement, and we ask that You would grant Your grace and wisdom to help those in authority in this city "to go to the root of the problem so it doesn't happen again." We ask for a mantle of protection to rest upon the citizens of Charleston, SC, tonight, in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "But if any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God who gives to all generously and ungrudgingly, and he will be given it." (James 1:5)
Urgent 'Shields Up' Prayer Alert
Cindy Jacobs Issues Urgent 'Shields Up' Prayer Alert
About Nuclear Threat Against America
Cindy Jacobs has issued an urgent prayer alert for the body of Christ. The alert points people to a dream about what seems to be a nuclear threat.
"For the Lord says, 'Shields up! This is the time for the watchman to have keen eyes and discernment. The enemy is at the door and wants to stir up havoc, but I will give My people eagle eyes to see what is being planned,'" Jacobs says.
"Mark 4:22 says, 'For whatever is hidden is meant to be disclosed, and whatever is concealed is meant to be brought out into the open."
With that preface, she pointed to a WND news story that reports U.S. agencies are warning about an imminent ISIS attack. Jacobs follows up that news byte with text from a warning dream from Jon Hamill of Lamplighter Ministries.
"Today I want to share with you an urgent prayer request from my friend Melissa Haskins. U.S. Naval warships have been sent to block Iranian weapons shipments, and she is sensing a strong warning to pray," Hamil writes.
"I've known Melissa to be accurate prophetically over many years on national issues. A year ago, she had a warning dream. Though the dream was centered in Washington D.C., it seems very relevant to the current potential of a Naval conflict with Iran."
Haskin's dream warns of a nuclear attack on Washington D.C. and America. In it, she saw a large, locust-shaped boat-silver, shiny and chrome-pull up to the harbor. She described it as a luxury harbor cruise boat and people were having a party on board.
"I saw an African-American man and woman and knew he was going to propose to her. She was wearing a red dress. But the dress itself was shaped like a locust. I felt a warning in my spirit," she wrote.
"Then I saw something strange (like some weird aircraft) fly low overhead and the same man remarked to me about it. Saying, 'We are standing here in time to see this.'"
Hamil has issued prayer points around this dream, to thwart the attack. You can read them here, as well as more about the dream, but the bottom line is we need to pray for nuclear escalations to be restrained. (Charisma News) Read article here.
- Father God, we do thank You for many voices that are now sounding the alarm about a possible nuclear threat, or ISIS attack, as we reported here on Monday. Lord God, help Your people to get this word out, and to offer fervent prayers that our nation might remain safe under the shelter of Your wing, as we repent before You for our sins. In Jesus' name we offer this prayer, amen.
- "Every word of God is tested; He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him." (Proverbs 30:5)
Today's NDR Prayer Points
Suggested Repentance Prayer Points:
Friday, May 1
Lord I repent of my idolatry. I too often have replaced You with other false gods of this world. (Colossians 3:5, Ephesians 5:5)
Lord I repent that we believers in You in the USA have allowed ground to the enemy's false teachings and failed to object when Your Word was almost entirely removed from our children. The Bible is no longer in our schools and less and less in our homes. As a result the tree with Your Godly roots has dead branches and is filled with rot. Forgive us, in Jesus' Name, for allowing this nation to take on false idols and the false spirit of the world.
Saturday, May 2nd
Lord I repent that although You have kept Your pledge to keep Your covenant with me, I have not sought or have too often disregarded my part of this eternally-precious Blood-bought covenant. I have not fully aligned my will with Yours. I have broken my covenant with You. Forgive me, Lord. You don't want insincere offerings but a broken and contrite spirit in me.
Lord I repent that we believers in You in the USA have broken our covenant with You to be a Godly nation, a light of Your Liberty to others, a city on a hill. Forgive us for not standing with the apple of Your eye, Israel. Forgive us for trusting in Babylon's thinking. Oh for a national leader today who would echo John Hancock's statement at the signing of the Declaration of Independence: " Let us humbly commit our righteous cause to the great Lord of the Universe . . . Let us joyfully leave our concerns in the hand of Him who raises up and puts down the empires and kingdoms of the earth as He pleases." Forgive us, Lord, for allowing this nation to look to the secular thinking of men and women and not to You and Your Word.
Suggested Repentance Prayer Points:
Sunday, May 3
Lord I repent of any sexual sins which have distanced me from You. Forgive me for not walking more in the Spirit so as to remove the lust of the flesh. Forgive me for not taking seriously and telling others about Your instruction twice in Revelation 21:27 and 22:15 that the sexually immoral-by Your standards not today's politically correct ones-will not enter Your New Jerusalem.
Lord I repent that we believers in You in the USA have drunk from the spiritually poisonous waters of sexual immorality, the well of the enemy. We now rarely seek in our culture Your pure water of Life. Our national media too often support sexual immorality, and we rarely speak up; many watch it instead of spending time with You. Pornography is rampant and is found among believers in You.
And at the house of God- where judgment begins- several Christian denominations now support same sex marriage despite Your exact Words to the contrary. You said, Lord Jesus, "from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female. For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh, so then they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate." Mark 10: 6-9. Oh forgive us, Lord, that we fail to spread the Truth that every day Your Holy Spirit delivers people from same sex attractions, from worshiping themselves instead of You. Let us no longer sanctify a spirit of perversion but instead lovingly support Your liberation from that spirit. May God prevail; may our Supreme Court now stand for the sacred union of Biblical marriage.
It has recently come to our attention that a number of you are dropping off our list when you have not asked to be unsubscribed.
In order to prevent this from happening in the future, here are three things you will need to do to protect yourself from having this happen to you.
STEP ONE: Contact your service provider
Contact your own email service provider (aol.com; comcast.net; yahoo.com; gmail.com) and ask that our email address be placed upon a "white list." (They will know what this term means.) This will ensure that you will continue to receive our alerts, uninterrupted.
Our email address is:
STEP TWO: Resubscribe if dropped
If you are still unsubscribed, please take the following action:
Go to the link below and sign up again to receive the Daily Brief. (Unfortunately, we cannot do this for you.)
(Please paste into your browser)
Or you can simply press this link to resubscribe.
STEP THREE: Install an effective antivirus program
Finally, be sure to install an effective antivirus program on your computer. We recommend these two programs (use BOTH of them, please!) which can each be downloaded into your system free of charge.
1) Spy Bot Search & Destroy
Use these links above, there are plenty of hyperlinks on the internet that will give you fake downloads of these programs so be careful.
By following these three simple steps, you can rest assured that you will continue receiving our Briefs without interruption . . . and we DO need you out there! Thank you all for your assistance in this vital matter.
In His Grace, and with our appreciation,
Sara Ballenger, President
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
Our Grandmothers' Songs
Songs Our Grandmothers Sang:
ROCK OF AGES
"The Lord is my Rock, and my Fortress, and my Deliverer." (Psalm 18:2)
Rock of Ages, cleft for me,
Let me hide myself in Thee;
Let the water and the blood,
From Thy wounded side which flowed,
Be of sin the double cure;
Save from wrath and make me pure.
Not the labor of my hands
Can fulfill Thy law's demands;
Could my zeal no respite know,
Could my tears forever flow,
All for sin could not atone;
Thou must save, and Thou alone.
Nothing in my hand I bring,
Simply to the cross I cling;
Naked, come to Thee for dress;
Helpless look to Thee for grace;
Foul, I to the fountain fly;
Wash me, Savior, or I die.
While I draw this fleeting breath,
When mine eyes shall close in death,
[originally When my eye-strings break in death]
When I soar to worlds unknown,
See Thee on Thy judgment throne,
Rock of Ages, cleft for me,
Let me hide myself in Thee.
Please go here.
About the Author:
Words: Augustus M. Toplady, 1776
Music: Thomas Hastings, 1830
About the Hymn:
There are many stories and testimonies about today's hymn. Rock of Ages was also sung at the funeral service of more than one of our American presidents. To learn more about the history of Rock of Ages, please go here.
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
"Come As You Are" - Crowder
Two Daily Conference Calls
TO PRAY IN THE NIGHT:
Please note that the national prayer call continues every night with different leaders from different intercession ministries each night.
These prayer calls will be held nightly at 9PM EST. Please join us by calling 1-857-232-0156; access 377054. Please sign on 15 minutes early so we can be ready to pray at 9PM.
This call sponsored by Breaker of Dawn has been going on since Sept 9, 2014 and every night it is a Psalm 133 call with different ministries joining together and most every night there are intercessors that represent our entire nation.
For details, go here.
TO PRAY IN THE DAY:
A second conference call is now available daily (except on Sundays) at 11:30 a.m. EST. Sponsored by the Salt and Light Council, the focus of the daily "Repentance and Reformation" calls is to pray for all in authority.
You are cordially invited to join these calls by dialing 712-432-1699/ Access code 338083#
To learn more, please visit their website at:
> > > Day and night, in these perilous times, let's join forces on these calls to cry out unto God for His mercy to be shown to America and to Israel. Thank you!