Jonathan Cahn and Anne Graham Lotz:
A Warning to the Nation
Go here for details.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Wednesday, May 13, 2015
"This is the confidence which we have before Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests which we have asked from Him." (I John 5:14,15)
A Rainbow Over the Supreme Court
Monday, April 27, at sunset. Please remain with us in prayer over the pending decision on traditional marriage until the verdict has been rendered.
" . . . from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female. . . What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder." (Mark 10: 6,9)
Thank You, Lord, for watching over this Court. In Jesus' name, amen.
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. Netanyahu Denounces Resurgent Anti-Semitism - Israel National News
Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu on Tuesday denounced a resurgence in anti-Semitism both in the Middle East and in the West, speaking at a forum about the problem.
"Today there is no doubt that we are living in an age of resurgent anti-Semitism," Netanyahu said at the opening of the fifth Global Forum for Combating Anti-Semitism, according to the AFP news agency.
"Jews everywhere are once again being slandered and vilified," he said. "This is taking place in the intolerant parts of the Middle East but it's also taking place in what otherwise would be expected to be the tolerant parts of the West," warned Netanyahu.
"It's taking place in Beirut, in Damascus, in Tehran. But it's also taking place, violently so, in Toulouse, in Paris, in Brussels," said the Israeli leader.(Read more)
2. Netanyahu: New Threats Bringing Israel, Arab States Together - Israel National News
Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu met Tuesday afternoon with Germany's Defense Minister Dr. Ursula von der Leyen, during her official visit to the State of Israel.
Speaking to Leyen at the start of their meeting, Netanyahu noted the constantly changing nature of the threats facing Israel - threats which endanger her neighbors as much as, if not more than, the Jewish state itself.
"We've made peace with two of our Arab neighbors, but there are new forces in the region," the prime minister said. "They are threatening not only us but also threatening of course our Arab neighbors with whom we've made peace."
Netanyahu identified that threat as both the Sunni and Shia versions of "militant Islam," represented by Sunni Islamist terrorist groups such as Al Qaeda and ISIS, as well as the Shia Islamist regime in Iran - both of which are aggressively expanding their control and reach throughout the Middle East.
However the PM emphasized that the threat posed by Iran was far more dangerous than any others. (Read more)
3. IDF sees no alternative to Hamas rule in Gaza - Times of Israel
DF Southern Region Commander Maj. Gen. Shlomo "Sami" Turgeman said on Monday that Hamas remains, effectively, the only option for governance in the Gaza Strip. He further accused Israeli media of handing the terror group propaganda victories during the war there last summer by revealing the number of southerners who left their home during the fighting.
Turgeman met with the heads of local authorities located near the Gaza border, where he reviewed the 50-day war with Hamas, which the IDF dubbed Operation Protective Edge.
He argued against the assertion - espoused by several senior Israeli ministers during the war - that the army should have worked to topple Hamas or take full control of the coastal enclave.
"There is an independent rule in Gaza that behaves like a state," he said. "Inside that state there is a ruler, Hamas, and at the moment there is no alternative to Hamas. Aside from that, there is no one else who can hold things together. The alternative is the IDF or chaos." (Read more)
4. Major deal: Israel to purchase four patrol ships from Germany to defend gas rigs- YNET News
Defense Minister Moshe Ya'alon and his German counterpart Ursula von der Leyen signed a contract Monday under which Israel will purchase four ships from Germany to protect its offshore gas rigs.
The total cost of the vessels is estimated at about NIS 1.8 billion. The German government will finance a third of the deal, which was announced a day before Israel and Germany will mark 50 years of diplomatic relations.
It's been nearly two decades since Israel replenished its naval ships and military officials are hoping the German ships, advanced surface vessels, will become the future combat boat of the Israeli Navy.
It will take two to four years to complete the construction of the ships and bring them to Israel. The first ship will be delivered in five years, and the remaining three will be delivered within a year a part. (Read more)
5. Shaked assigned security detail after online threats -YNET News
The Knesset has assigned a security detail for the incoming justice minister Ayelet Shaked (Bayit Yehudi), after recent incitement against her on social media, including a Facebook post depicting her in Nazi SS uniform.
The decision was made by Knesset Speaker Yuli Edelstein, in conjunction with the parliamentary body's security officials.
"We were shocked to see specific threats to Shaked's life," Edelstein told Army Radio on Monday. (Read more)
6. DC Think Tank Says Saudi Arabia is New Israeli-Style 'Aggressor' - Algemeiner
A left-wing foreign policy think tank criticized on Sunday Saudi Arabia for becoming the "Israel of the Gulf" because of its regional "aggression."
Writing in the Huffington Post, the policy director of Just Foreign Policy, Robert Naiman, wrote that Saudi Arabia has become a "habitual aggressor in its neighborhood, enabled in its aggression by the United States," apparently just like Israel.
The author said Saudi Arabia may actually be a "more dangerous aggressor than Israel," because Saudi Arabia's military action in Yemen this year and in Bahrain to assist in suppressing anti-government demonstrators in 2011 went largely without protest in the international community, perhaps unlike Syria or Iran in 2009. (Read more)
The Daily Brief
1. AMTRAK CRASH: At least 5 dead after train derails in Philadelphia
- Fox News
At least five people were killed late Tuesday when an Amtrak train derailed outside Philadelphia.
Emergency officials confirmed that six other people were critically injured and 65 others were transported to local hospitals with less severe injuries. Amtrak and city authorities said that "approximately" 238 passengers and five Amtrak employees were on the train.
Northeast Regional Train 188 was traveling from Washington, D.C., to New York City when it crashed just northeast of Philadelphia's Center City at approximately 9:30 p.m. local time. The front of the train was going into a corner when it shook.
"It is an absolute disastrous mess," Philadelphia Mayor Michael Nutter told reporters at a briefing. "Never seen anything like this in my life." Nutter said there were train cars that were "completely overturned, on their side, ripped apart."
"It is a devastating scene down there," he said. "We walked the entire length of the train area, and the engine completely separated from the rest of the train, and one of the cars is perpendicular to the rest of the cars. It's unbelievable." (Read more)
- Abba Father, we pray for those injured and we ask that Your healing hand would be upon them. We ask that none would perish without Your Son's saving grace. We also ask that the cause of the crash be known. In His Name we pray, Amen.
- "The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance." (2 Peter 3:9)
2. Senate Dems block key plank of Obama trade agenda - Fox News
President Obama suffered a defeat at the hands of his own party on Tuesday, as Senate Democrats blocked a key component of the president's trade agenda. After fierce lobbying on both sides of the issue, the bid to start debate -- on expanding the president's authority to negotiate trade deals -- failed on a 52-45 vote. It needed 60 votes to advance.
The president's supporters will likely try again, but the vote nevertheless marks a stinging rebuke of a major Obama priority by members of his own party.
Republicans mostly had aligned with Obama on the issue and, after the failed test vote, urged Obama's fellow Democrats to drop their resistance. "What we just saw here is pretty shocking," Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., said, accusing congressional Democrats of standing with "special interests."
At issue is Obama's push for so-called "fast track" authority -- which would let him negotiate trade deals that Congress can reject or ratify, but not amend. In the short-term, he wants to use this to pursue a broad trade pact with Japan and other Pacific nations. (Read more)
- Abba Father, Thank You for this defeat! We ask that You continue to defeat legislation in the Congress that is not good for American workers. It is time for U.S. workers to be thought of first before profit. In His Name we pray, Amen.
- For the LORD your God is a compassionate God; He will not fail you nor destroy you nor forget the covenant with your fathers which He swore to them. (Deuteronomy 4:31)
3. At least 68 dead after another major earthquake centered in Nepal - CNN
At least 68 people have died in Nepal due to the latest large earthquake there, police spokesman Kamal Singh Bam told CNN late Tuesday. Nepalese government spokesman Minendra Rijal earlier said that another 1,261 people have been injured. Thirty-two of the Asian nation's 75 districts were affected.
At least 17 people in India have also died as a result of the tremor, Home Ministry spokesman Kuldeep Dhatwalia told CNN. Sixteen of those deaths were in Bihar state, with the other in Uttar Pradesh. And a woman in Tibet, which is part of China, also was killed when falling rocks hit her car as it traveled through Gyirong, China's state-run Xinhua news agency reported. In the same report, local police officer Wu Aijun said that landslides had cut off some roads in the area. (Read more)
- Abba Father, You are the Creator of this world we live in, and all things are under Your control. You are a great and mighty God. Have mercy on the people of Nepal. Quiet the ground underneath these people. May they all cry out to the Lord their Savior in their despair. In His Name we pray, Amen.
- "But now, thus says theLORD, your Creator, O Jacob, And He who formed you, O Israel, "Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are Mine!" (Isaiah 43:1)
4. US Marine helicopter missing in Nepal earthquake aid mission - CNN News
A U.S. military helicopter "was declared missing" Tuesday while in Nepal to support earthquake relief efforts there, U.S. Navy Capt. Chris Sims said. The UH-1 Huey helicopter had six U.S. Marines and two Nepalese aboard at the time, Pentagon spokesman Col. Steve Warren said.
Radio transmissions indicated its crew was having some type of fuel problem before it went missing, said Warren, who added the U.S. government is "hopeful" the aircraft didn't crash but doesn't know. (Read more)
-Abba Father, You who know all things, we ask that You would please tell us where the helicopter is located and the state of its condition and passengers. In His Name we pray. Amen
- "I know that You can do all things, And that no purpose of Yours can be thwarted." (Job 42:2)
5. Judgment Day for the U.S. Surveillance State - Newsweek
Last week saw the first response to the issue [of NSA spying on Americans] by an appeals court outside the country's secretive Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court: The court ruled that the U.S. government's long-held justification for the National Security Agency's (NSA) bulk collection of Americans' phone records and other data is illegal under the USA Patriot Act.
Specifically, the New York federal court found that the government's broad interpretation of a provision of the Patriot Act, Section 215, did not provide sufficient legal cover for its sprawling surveillance program, which scoops up and stores for up to five years the "metadata" of Americans' phone calls, such as who they call, how frequently and for how long.
"The statutes to which the government points have never been interpreted to authorize anything approaching the breadth of the sweeping surveillance at issue here," the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit's three-judge panel said. It added: "Congress cannot reasonably be said to have ratified the program of which many members of Congress-and all members of the public-were not aware." (Read more)
- Abba Father, we ask that you would give Congress wisdom, knowledge, understanding and discernment as to whether raze, renew or revise Section 215 of the Patriot Act. Lord, we must be kept safe from terrorists, yet our privacy is important. In His Name we pray, Amen.
- "Then you will discern the fear of the LORD And discover the knowledge of God. For the LORD gives wisdom; From His mouth come knowledge and understanding. He stores up sound wisdom for the upright; He is a shield to those who walk in integrity." (Proverb 2:5-7)
6. Texas Attack Spurs Increase of FBI Surveillance on 'Marginal' Terror Threats - ABC News
The FBI has ordered more U.S. terror suspects be put under 24/7 surveillance in the wake of the Garland, Texas shooting and a renewed emphasis by ISIS and other terror groups for potential American recruits to launch attacks at home, according to three FBI officials.
The officials told ABC News that agents have been ordered to review the cases of so-called "marginal" or "borderline" suspects, terms that had been applied to one of the gunmen in the Texas attack, Elton Simpson of Phoenix. FBI agents were familiar with Simpson and the views he espoused, but he was not put under 24/7 surveillance. He was viewed as being "more talk than action," one agent said.
"We do not want to risk another marginal, homegrown extremist who was viewed as dangerous going active," said one of the FBI officials. All three FBI officials spoke on the condition of anonymity because they are not authorized to speak publicly.
. . . the officials who spoke to ABC News described a "panic" and "crisis" inside the FBI because the agency and the rest of the nation's homeland security infrastructure are not built to deal with the non-stop flow of homegrown extremists and possible threats that mark the current environment within the U.S. Another FBI spokesperson did not respond to request for comment on the broader concerns at the Bureau. (Read more)
- Lord God, it is clear from this report that the FBI simply does not have the resources needed to combat the threat of these "marginal" ISIS terrorists. Father God, we can only turn to You, our Most High God, for help in time of need. We ask that You loose Your heavenly host to do battle for us against these enemies, and to quicken, guide and direct all in authority to locate and to apprehend each one. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "The Lord is the strength of his people,
a fortress of salvation for his anointed one.
Save your people and bless your inheritance;
be their shepherd and carry them forever." (Psalm 28:8,9)
7. The Top 11 Countries Where ISIS Supporters Are Tweeting From Show the United States Isn't In a Good Spot - IJReview
U.S. is the fourth most active state listed on this survey
Social media-savvy ISIS supporters are still using Twitter to spread their message, even though the terrorist organization's official accounts have repeatedly been banned from the site. The Brookings Institution released a comprehensive report Friday called, "The ISIS Twitter Census," which, among other data points, lists country of origin for the ISIS tweets. The top three countries - Saudi Arabia, Syria, and Iraq - are not surprising. But, the strong presence apparently within the United States could be alarming. (Read more and view the chart by going here.)
Read the full report, published last week by the Brookings Institution, here.
- Lord God, it saddens us to see so many of our young people being drawn into this web of terror. Help us, O Lord, we pray! We ask You to rescue these "lost sheep" in ways only You know how to do. Have mercy, O Lord, we pray, in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears." (Psalm 18:6)
8. China, Russia seeking their own Internet, warns former Intel chairman - The Hill
The cyber pact that China and Russia signed on Friday threatens online freedom and represents a "real, concrete step" toward an alternative Internet, according to former House Intelligence Committee Chairman Mike Rogers (R-Mich.). "I think this is a huge, bad step for the Internet and economic prosperity on the Internet moving forward," Rogers said during remarks Monday at the Hudson Institute, where he is a distinguished fellow.
Russia and China pledged on Friday not to hack each other.
The two countries will also jointly develop technology that protects their "socio-economic atmosphere," including campaigns to thwart technologies that might "disturb public order" or "interfere with affairs of the state," he said. "Meaning," Rogers said, "it will be the mother of all dissent trackers. You won't be able to have a moment of peace if you're a dissenter in China or Russia. And they're going to work together on that, which I found fascinating." (Read more)
To read about the announcement from Russia and China, click here.
- Lord God, we face the weapons of our enemies today with the weapons of our own warfare, which You have given us to see the lost found, and the hopeless set free to worship You. We pray for the "dissidents" in Russia and China, asking Your protection over them as they seek to stay connected in this hostile environment. Hear our cry, O Lord, we pray. In Your name, amen.
- "Hear the cry and the prayer that your servant is praying in your presence this day." (I Kings 8:28)
9. Anonymous accused of hijacking home routers - The Hill
The international hacking collective Anonymous is being accused of hijacking tens of thousands of home and office Internet routers around the world in order to launch cyberattacks. Hackers exploited routers' lax security to infect them with malware, creating what is known as a "botnet," or group of zombie computers used by outside users for malicious purposes. Anonymous is one of several groups believed to be involved.
The botnet was discovered by Incapsula, a security firm, which published its findings on Tuesday. "The attacks we will describe are enabled by what we perceive as particularly reckless security practices," the report stated. "Despite our best efforts, many of these botnet devices remain active, continuing to play a role in attack attempts against our clients and other websites." (Read more)
> > > Please read our own Spam Advisory below, which suggests two very powerful antivirus softward programs that can be downloaded, free of charge, into your computer. We urge all of our readers to install these programs, so that you can be kept safe from hackers, everywhere. [This advisory will remain a permanent feature of the Daily Brief.] Thank you.
- Lord God, You alone are Lord over cyberspace, so we commend this need to You, knowing that You are well able to care for and to protect Your own. Lord God, please grant us each the wisdom and the technology to take care of our own systems, as we look to You for guidance. Thank You, Abba, for hearing our prayer, in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "The LORD is far from the wicked, but he hears the prayer of the righteous." (Proverbs 15:29)
10. Christianity Declines Sharply in US, Agnostics Growing: Pew - Newsmax
Christianity is in sharp decline in America, according to new research from the Pew Research Center, making for a significantly less Christian country than that of just seven years ago. The number of Christians dropped by almost 8 percentage points in seven years to 71 percent, and the trend holds across race, gender, education, and geographic dimensions, though Christianity still dominates American religious identity at 70 percent, USA Today said. (Read more)
- Abba Father, Forgive us that we have not spread the gospel, and that the final days have come to many falling away. In His Name we pray, Amen.
- "But realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come. For men will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, revilers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy, unloving, irreconcilable, malicious gossips, without self-control, brutal, haters of good, treacherous, reckless, conceited,lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, holding to a form of godliness, although they have denied its power; Avoid such men as these." (2 Timothy 3:1-5)
The Daily Jot
Tuesday, May 12, 2015
White House hurling world toward prophetic end times
The "president's" Middle East foreign policy of supporting both sides of Islam agains the middle (also Islam) may well be pushing together the prophetic end time alliances of the Bible at an accelerated rate. The "president's" Arab Spring initiative of overthrowing stable Middle Eastern and African governments and replacing them with Sharia jihadists is one example. The spawning of the Islamic State (IS), whose leadership was reportedly trained in warfare strategies and tactics in Jordan by the US, is another example. Now there is an alliance forming between Saudi Arabia and the region that is central to leading an apocalyptic coalition against Israel as prophesied in ancient texts.
The UK Independent reports that Turkey and Saudi Arabia are shocking Western countries by uniting against the Assad regime in Syria. The Independent reports: "Relations had been fraught between the Turkish president and the late King Abdullah, primarily because of Turkey's support for the Muslim Brotherhood, which the Saudi monarchy considers a threat. But [Turkey President Tayyip] Mr Erdogan stressed to Saudi officials that the lack of Western action in Syria, especially the failure to impose a "no-fly zone", meant that regional powers now needed to come together and take the lead to help the opposition." This has resulted in the material support of many terrorist groups with competing interests.
Saudi Arabia has supplied arms, training and money while Turkey has provided logistics, intelligence and free passage of jihadist groups such as the Army of Conquest, Ahrar al-Sham, Jund al-Aqsa and al-Nursa. Many of these groups have fought against the Islamic State at times, but also have fought in conjunction with the IS when it is fighting to overthrow the Assad regime. This is a hallmark of the Islamist. History, as far back as the Bible, indicates that when the Arab peoples are not warring against their enemies, they are warring against each other. As prophesied of the one considered the patriarch of Islam, Ishmael, the Bible says that he will be against every man and every man against him.
It is significant that Turkey and Saudi Arabia are aligning against Syria, both blaming the US for not being decisive enough in the Syrian conflict. The compromise is that the Saudis are accepting of a role for the Muslim Brotherhood, also a key ally of the current White House. These events have resulted in unlikely bedfellows, but coming into focus is the Ezekiel prophecy of an end time battle against Israel. Ezekiel 38:2 says, "Son of man, set your face against Gog, the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal, and prophesy against him." Magog, Meshech and Tubal are located in modern Turkey. Chapter 38 also speaks of Libya, Ethiopia, Persia, Sheba and Dedan being involved. Persia is modern Iran. Dedan is located in Saudi Arabia. The White House foreign policy may be hurling the world toward this prophecy.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Our Grandmothers' Songs
Songs Our Grandmothers Sang:
IN THE GARDEN
"Thinking He was the gardener, she said, 'Sir, if you have carried Him away, tell me where you have put Him, and I will get Him.'" (John 20:15)
I come to the garden alone
While the dew is still on the roses
And the voice I hear falling on my ear
The Son of God discloses.
And He walks with me, and He talks with me,
And He tells me I am His own;
And the joy we share as we tarry there,
None other has ever known.
He speaks, and the sound of His voice,
Is so sweet the birds hush their singing,
And the melody that He gave to me
Within my heart is ringing.
I'd stay in the garden with Him
Though the night around me be falling,
But He bids me go; through the voice of woe
His voice to me is calling.
Please go here.
Words & Music: C. Austin Miles, March 1912
About the Hymn:
I read . . . the story of the greatest morn in history: "The first day of the week cometh Mary Magdalene early, while it was yet very dark, unto the sepulcher." Instantly, completely, there unfolded in my mind the scenes of the garden of Joseph. Out of the mists of the garden comes a form, halting, hesitating, tearful, seeking, turning from side to side in bewildering amazement. Falteringly, bearing grief in every accent, with tear-dimmed eyes, she whispers, "If thou hast borne him hence" . . . "He speaks, and the sound of His voice is so sweet the birds hush their singing." Jesus said to her, "Mary!" Just one word from his lips, and forgotten the heartaches, the long dreary hours . . . all the past blotted out in the presence of the Living Present and the Eternal Future.
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
Psalm 91 - Sonicflood
We devote this worship to those who mourn today in Philadelphia . . .
Please go here.
Two Daily Conference Calls
TO PRAY IN THE NIGHT:
Please note that the national prayer call continues every night with different leaders from different intercession ministries each night.
These prayer calls will be held nightly at 9PM EST. Please join us by calling 1-857-232-0156; access 377054. Please sign on 15 minutes early so we can be ready to pray at 9PM.
This call sponsored by Breaker of Dawn has been going on since Sept 9, 2014 and every night it is a Psalm 133 call with different ministries joining together and most every night there are intercessors that represent our entire nation.
For details, go here.
TO PRAY IN THE DAY:
A second conference call is now available daily (except on Sundays) at 11:30 a.m. EST. Sponsored by the Salt and Light Council, the focus of the daily "Repentance and Reformation" calls is to pray for all in authority.
You are cordially invited to join these calls by dialing 712-432-1699/ Access code 338083#
To learn more, please visit their website at:
> > > Day and night, in these perilous times, let's join forces on these calls to cry out unto God for His mercy to be shown to America and to Israel. Thank you!