Congratulations to David's Tent!
Now Completed 50 Days and Nights
of Nonstop Worship and Intercession!
For details, go here.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Wednesday, November 5, 2014
"When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; but when the wicked rule, the people mourn." (Proverbs 29:2)
"Do not rejoice when your enemy falls, And do not let your heart be glad when he stumbles; Lest the LORD see it, and it displease Him, And He turn away His wrath from him." (Proverbs 24:17)
Please note: our "streamlined edition" of the Brief will be published again this week. This will allow our staff time to prepare for our upcoming Annual Meeting of our Board of Directors. Our next full edition of the Brief will be published next Monday, Nov. 10. Thank you.
". . . the glory of the LORD filled the temple. . ." (2 Chronicles 5:14)
The Daily Brief
1. 'HISTORIC NIGHT': GOP reveals full scope of gains in states, Congress
- Fox News
The full scope of the GOP's victories on Election Day is coming into focus, as party leaders - such as Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus, center, with GOP party members - tout not only their newly claimed Senate majority but historic gains in the House and state legislative races. (Read more)
- Lord God, we thank You and we praise You that You have heard our cries, our repentance, and our hearts . . . and You are healing our land. We thank You that You will restore what the locust has eaten, as we continue in prayer. Lord God, we ask Your hand of blessing to rest upon every member of the new Congress, in both parties, that they might come to know You as their Savior and fulfill Your will for our country. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people- for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth." (I Timothy 2:1-4)
2. GOP Wins Back Senate - CNN
There's a new order: Six years after losing control of the Senate to the Democrats, the Republicans are back in charge. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, who has controlled the Senate since 2007, congratulated Republicans on their victory. But there was silence from the White House after yesterday's results became clear. President Obama will make a public statement today on an election many will see as a rejection of his presidency, and he will host bipartisan leaders at the end of the week to try to chart a way forward. (Read more)
- Lord God, we ask that You rest Your hand firmly upon the members of 114th Congress, in the Senate Chamber, before Your Throne of Grace. Lord God, many have made promises that, if elected into office, they would vote to return our nation back to biblical values of family, faith and freedom; to strengthen our national security; and to stand by Israel at all costs. We ask that, when this new Senate convenes in January, these promises would indeed be kept, by the power of the Holy Spirit. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "My eyes have seen the defeat of my adversaries; my ears have heard the rout of my wicked foes." (Psalm 92:11)
3. Republicans sweep to victory in key gubernatorial races - Fox News
Republican candidates swept key gubernatorial races across the country Tuesday, with Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker fending off a Democratic challenger and a GOP businessman pulling off a stunning upset in deeply blue Maryland.
The gubernatorial contest between Maryland Lt. Gov. Anthony Brown and his Republican opponent, businessman Larry Hogan, shaped up to be a much tighter race than many had anticipated, leading up to Tuesday's faceoff.
During his election night party, Hogan and his supporters at one point danced to Donna Summer's "Last Dance" holding on to their iPhones in one hand and martinis in another, The Washington Post reported. (Read more)
- Father, we bless these new governors who will take office in January, each in their own state. We include this blessing for members who represent both of our political parties. Lord, we ask that You grace each one with Your wisdom, Your insight, and Your understanding, step by step and day by day, as they begin to make policy decisions that will impact the lives of the citizens in their states. We ask this prayer in Jesus' name, amen.
- "This is what the LORD says-- your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: "I am the LORD your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go." (Isaiah 48:17)
4. State by state results for Congress and Governors - RealClearPolitics; Watch.org
To view this map, please click here.
- Lord God, as we lay hands on this map and pray over the states You assign to us, we thank You that, once again, You are hearing our prayers. Help us, Lord, to find the grace to "hold the line" now against the enemy from taking back ground again, by forgiving each one and releasing them to You. We thank You, Lord, for this amazing new beginning in our Congress. In Jesus' name, amen.
- "Hope in the LORD and keep his way. He will exalt you to inherit the land; when the wicked are destroyed, you will see it." (Psalm 37:34)
5. MIXED MESSAGE? Obama strikes bipartisan tone - but vows exec action - Fox News
After his party suffers bruising midterm defeats in races that Republicans deemed a referendum on his policies, President Obama vows anew to work across the aisle in his final two years in office - but says he'll press ahead with controversial executive action on immigration. (Read more)
- Much as we rejoice today at the "new look" in the legislative branch, sadly, the executive branch seems to be yet out of our control. We hand this president over to the One who controls all, interceding that his stiff neck be softened to the things of the Lord and of His Kingdom, and that he cease from ruling as a dictator by means of a series of executive actions. Lord . . . hear our cry.
We also come against all forms of backlash as the result of this election, and cast down any wicked schemes in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen and amen.
- "The Righteous One takes note of the house of the wicked and brings the wicked to ruin." (Proverbs 21:12)
6. Satellite photos reveal North Korea has built its own submarine capable of carrying ballistic missiles - Herald Sun
North Korea is believed to have completed a homegrown submarine capable of carrying ballistic missiles -- a move set to significantly extend the rogue state's nuclear reach.
- Father, We thank You for satellite technology that allows the USA to know what its enemies are doing. Lord, we ask that You would watch over North Korea and not allow its submarine technology to advance. We thank You that You are our protector and a high tower that we can run into. In His Name, Amen.
- The name of the Lord is a strong tower; The righteous runs into it and is safe. (Proverbs 18:10)
7. Russia skips nuclear summit planning meeting - Fox News
Russia has failed to show up at a meeting planning the 2016 Nuclear Security Summit, US and European officials said Monday, in a potentially serious blow to efforts by President Barack Obama to cement his legacy as leaving the world safer from nuclear terrorism than when he took office.
- Abba Father, We ask for Your divine intervention with President Putin. We know that his ego has been hurt by the rebuff of the USA and the EU over his unrighteous invasion of Ukraine. Russia has many Islamic enemies along its southern borders and its presence is needed at this conference. Lord, we pray that President Putin listen to wise advisors who will lead him to make the decision to be part of this conference. In His Name, Amen.
- Listen to counsel and accept discipline, That you may be wise the rest of your days. (Proverbs 19:20)
8. Tragic Setbacks for U.S. Allies in Iraq and Syria - The Guardian
Western Iraq saw more brutal bloodshed this weekend after the Islamic State massacred 322 people of the Albu Nimr tribe, a Sunni group, including women and children. The Iraqi government confirmed the attack in the Anbar region, which began on Saturday and continued into Sunday, and was described as "systematic killings."
- Father, we are saddened to hear about this massacre. We pray for a turnaround in the war against ISIS. We pray for a strong, strategic plan between the U.S., and its' allies. Give them wisdom on what groups on the ground to partner with who will fight, and not defect to ISIS, or put down their weapons and flee.
- Do not be fainthearted. Do not be afraid, or panic, or tremble before them, (Deuteronomy 20:9)
9. Obama 'using federal law to target Christians - WND
A new lawsuit has been filed arguing that the Obama administration is using the law to attack groups of faith that do not support the White House agenda of contraception and abortion for all. "On information and belief, plaintiffs allege that the purpose of the Final Mandate, including the restrictively narrow scope of the religious employers exemption, is to discriminate against religious organizations that oppose contraception and abortion,"
- "Then I charged your judges at that time, saying, 'Hear the cases between your fellow countrymen, and judge righteously between a man and his fellow countryman, or the alien who is with him. (Deuteronomy 1:16)
10. Dollar smashes through resistance as mega-rally gathers pace - The Telegraph
The US dollar has surged to a four-year high against a basket of currencies and has punched through key technical resistance, marking a crucial turning point for the global financial system.
- Lord, We thank You that our dollar is strong. We praise You for this blessing. Lord, we ask that this strong dollar not affect our exports. Give our financial leaders wisdom so that they use this windfall to the USA's advantage. In His Name, Amen.
- Give instruction to a wise man and he will be still wiser, Teach a righteous man and he will increase his learning. (Proverbs 9:9)
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"He will give His angels charge concerning you, to guard you in all your ways." (Psalm 91:11)
1. Amnesty berates Israel for civilian deaths in Gaza war -Times of Israel
The Israeli military displayed "shocking disregard" for civilian lives in Gaza during its devastating 50-day war against Hamas in the Palestinian territory, Amnesty International said in a report Wednesday.
Israel rejected the London-based rights group's findings, saying it produced "no evidence" to back up its claims in what was effectively "a propaganda tool for Hamas."
2. IDF treats hundreds of soldiers for PTSD-like symptoms post-Gaza -Times of Israel
The Israeli army, which saw three infantrymen commit suicide shortly after fighting in Gaza, has found PTSD-related symptoms in several hundred soldiers, an IDF officer indicated.
The officer, Col. Dr. Keren Ginat, the head of the army's mental health branch, told a Knesset oversight committee on Monday that the army had contacted 1,000 soldiers known to have been wounded in combat or involved in intense firefights and invited them to come in and talk about their experiences and feelings. Some 70 percent agreed, and of those, she said, roughly 70 percent - all of whom "had a high PCL," or PTSD Check List - were referred for additional treatment.
3. UN says Gaza reconstruction has begun -Times of Israel
The United Nations says that a program to reconstruct the Gaza Strip after this summer's 50-day war with Israel has begun.
Middle East peace process coordinator Robert Serry said Tuesday night that the program started Monday with the sale of construction materials to 700 Gaza residents whose homes were damaged.
Palestinian estimates say that as much as $6 billion will be required to repair the damage sustained during the conflict. Serry said some 60,000 Gaza residences need to be repaired immediately.
4. Minister: If Hezbollah fires rockets at Israel, Lebanon will be razed -Times of Israel
Transportation Minister Yisrael Katz warned Tuesday that Israel was prepared to completely eviscerate Lebanon in response to any cross-border missile attack by Hezbollah.
Katz (Likud) was responding to a fiery speech by the Shiite group's head Hassan Nasrallah earlier in the day in which the extremist leader claimed that his organization's rockets can hit anywhere in Israel and threatened to target the country's sea ports and main airport in the next conflict.
"In order to avoid any doubt on the matter, Nasrallah the cowardly braggart should know this: that option does not exist for us!," Katz wrote on his official Facebook page (Hebrew).
5. US tourist wearing Star of David attacked in Germany -Times of Israel
American tourist was robbed and called a "Jewish b------" by youths after he asked them for directions in the Cologne train station.
Police are seeking witnesses to the incident, which took place at approximately 11:30 p.m. Saturday.
On the same weekend in Cologne, Germany's fourth-largest city, some 5,000 people reportedly participated in a major anti-Muslim demonstration, mostly of soccer hooligans, under the motto "Hooligans against Salafists." Violence erupted during the demonstration, with 49 police officers slightly injured and property damage of about $25,000.
In the incident involving the tourist, the unnamed 37-year-old said he was rushing to catch a train and asked a group of youths for directions to the proper track, according to local reports.
6. Fatah urges Palestinians to block Jews from Temple Mount Wednesday -Times of Israel
Mahmoud Abbas's Fatah movement called on Palestinians to confront Israelis who are planning to enter the Temple Mount compound on Wednesday to protest the attempted assassination of activist Yehudah Glick last week.
The movement posted a notice on its official Facebook page Tuesday titled "call to arms" and directed at "all Jerusalem residents and Arab Israelis." It warned of plans for a purported "consolidated storming of Al-Aqsa a week after the assassination attempt of the extremist rabbi Yehudah Glick." The notice included a translation of a Hebrew poster which calls on Jews to flock to the Temple Mount Wednesday morning in a state of ritual purity and with no leather shoes, "for the sake and health of rabbi Yehudah Glick.
7. Insight for Intercessors - (CHPP)
To read this week's newsletter from Israel, go here.
And the results are in...
And the results are in...
America is waking up today after having taken part in one of our most cherished rights - election of our leaders by the people. Thank you for engaging in prayer and exercising this privilege.
I want to congratulate the Members of the Congressional Prayer Caucus and the American Prayer Caucus Network who were overwhelmingly re-elected. It is clear that Judeo-Christian values and religious freedom are a high priority in the hearts of citizens.
Congressman Mike McIntyre, co-chair of the Congressional Prayer Caucus, has retired from office but not from the goal of protecting God's rightful place in our nation. He said it best,"We know that the true source of power cannot be found here in the Halls of Congress, or in the Oval Office, or in the West Wing, or in the chambers of the Supreme Court, but only on our knees before the One who is the true source of power." The CPCF is looking forward to a continued relationship with Congressman McIntyre.
The newly elected leaders will now have an opportunity to serve the people of this nation for such a time as this. Now is the time to double our efforts, to pray for our elected leaders, to support every effort to ensure religious freedom is protected and America's policies reflect the Judeo-Christian values on which it was founded.
The CPCF will continue to unite, equip and mobilize like-minded government leaders and praying citizens for a concerted effort to reverse the dangerous, secular trend in this nation. Our Founders and other great leaders engraved in America's history have laid the groundwork for success: 1) invite God to intervene in the affairs of men through prayer, 2) live and lead according to the principles that promote self-government and cultural engagement, 3) trust in God to guide America through challenging circumstances.
It is, In God We Trust,
Congressional Prayer Caucus Foundation
From Gary Bauer: Thank You!
From Gary Bauer: Thank You!
What a great morning to be a pro-life, pro-family, values voter! Congratulations to all of you who voted yesterday. And thank you for generously investing in our work!
I will have an in-depth analysis of the election results later this afternoon, but first I want to express my sincere appreciation for your support and encouragement throughout the past year.
Thanks to your generosity, we were able to partner with our pro-life friends at Women Speak Out PAC and American Principles Fund to target four key Senate races. We went back to basics, doing good-old fashioned "Get-Out-The-Vote" work to make sure pro-life voters knew the pro-abortion records of Democrat candidates.
We knocked on more than 455,000 doors and made more than 450,000 phone calls, reaching more than 900,000 voters. We won three of those four races. And the fourth isn't over yet. Louisiana will be decided in a December 6th runoff, which we are gearing up for right now. (Yes, I will be asking for your help again.)
As good as this day is, we all know that the problems bedeviling America did not end last night. They will not be solved just by having more members of Congress with an R by their name, although that helps.
The real problem is the flight from our founding ideals. The central idea of America is that our liberty comes from God, not government. Our freedom is not some pseudo-libertarian concept of "anything goes," but rather ordered liberty under God. We need to create more strong families, which are the foundation of all strong societies. These values are under tremendous attack today, and the breakdown of the family is contributing to the massive growth of government.
Just like our winning election strategy of getting back to basics, America's best strategy for recovery is getting back to our basic values and our Judeo-Christian heritage.
Thank you for standing with me. Thank you for making today's celebration possible. The good fight for faith, family and freedom continues!
The Daily Jot
It's a republic if you can keep it
At the close of the Constitutional Convention of 1787, a lady queried Benjamin Franklin as he left Independence Hall. The notes of Dr. James McHenry, one of Maryland's delegates to the Convention, recall: "A lady asked Dr. Franklin. "Well Doctor, what have we got a republic or a monarchy." "A republic," replied the Doctor, "if you can keep it."" As the dust settles over the 2014 mid-term elections, many Americans are breathing a sigh of relief that they still have a republic. But the question remains whether it can be kept. The answer will depend on how the American people can hold accountable newly-empowered Republicans, who in the past, have been less than dependable to live up to their name.
Americans should be inspired that their voice has been counted. There can be little analysis other than a rejection of the big, overreaching government agenda of the president. The Republican ticket ran on repealing socialist health care, rolling back the intrusive and overpowering government, curtailing illegal immigration, and taking a firmer stand on jobs and foreign policy. Notwithstanding, the White House is determined to rule by executive order. ABC News' Jon Karl reported, "[White House] officials tell me the president is prepared to aggressively pursue his agenda using his power of executive authority, where he can't work with Congress, and the big one is going to be on immigration reform."
To date, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) and House Speaker John Boehner (R-Oh) have offered little in opposition to the "president's" Islamic-Marxist agenda. They have allowed unsecured borders; the establishment of socialist healthcare (including tax funding for abortion); the use of taxpayer money to fund Islamic terrorists who are avowed enemies of America; the continued trillions upon trillions to prop up Wall Street; the lack of a job initiative; racial divide; the abolishment of marriage; the rule of non-elected courts; the expansion of unconstitutional agencies and their unconstitutional acts; and the list goes on and on. Talk is cheap, but these men must be held to a higher standard.
While Americans fed up with a socialist democracy have taken the initial steps to return to a republic, the citizen's job is not finished. The hirelings that have been sent to correct our government, must be held accountable. This will take great vigilance. 1 Corinthians 10:12 says, "wherefore let him that thinks he stands take heed lest he fall." Galatians 5:1 says, "Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ has made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage." That yoke, while cracked and damaged, is not gone from our country. We must be vigilant; do our part. We have done well to stand in the gap, but the true test of morality, courage, and valor awaits, that our land not be destroyed.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
G20: PRAYER FOR LEADERS
G20: PRAYER FOR LEADERS:
G20 to Convene on November 15th in Brisbane, Australia
Australian Intercessors Launch a Blog to Cover each Leader Attending the G20 Summit in Prayer
Every day since October 1st, the intercessors in Australia have been praying for the G20 leaders: one each day. We recommend this delightful prayer resource as a guide to your own intercession for the G20 Summit.
The following message was posted by Wes Lake, Director of Prayer for Leaders.
We would really appreciate if you could "follow the blog" by clicking on the link on the right hand side of the website and sharing this with as many people as possible.
Our goal is to recruit an army of people praying for the leaders and for the G20 itself.
Thanks for considering this, please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
Prayer for Leaders
You can find this blog by going here.
G20 ECONOMIC SUMMIT
G20 ECONOMIC SUMMIT
AUSTRALIA LAUNCHES NATIONAL 24 HOUR PRAYER WATCH
The G20 Economic Summit is being hosted by Australia in Brisbane on the 15/16th November. This provides a unique opportunity for the Christian Community in Australia to pray for the leaders and all those attending the G20. Current estimates are that 4000 people will attend the conference and up to 3000 media will be present. It is billed as one of the largest Governmental events that Australia has ever hosted. The top priority of the Summit is to strengthen economic growth and create jobs in member nations Leaders are fully committed to taking decisive actions to return to a job-rich, strong, sustainable and balanced economic growth path. Leaders will also identify the remaining key obstacles to be addressed and reforms needed to achieve stronger, more sustainable and balanced growth in world economies." Key decisions that will impact a large proportion of the world economically will be made at this Summit and so it is essential that we cover it in prayer.
Along with prayer there are key Christian events taking place. One such event is the Church service on Sunday 16 November where former Deputy Prime Minister John Anderson will be the guest speaker. An invitation has been issued to each countries delegation to send a representative to the service to receive a special G20 Bible that has been produced. This service will be held at the City Tabernacle Baptist Church. On the Thursday night (13th November) a forum looking at the issues of recognising first nations, religious and business freedom, asylum seekers and sex trafficking will be held. The Gideon's have been making sure that each hotel room in Brisbane has a Gideon's Bible. These Bibles are strategically placed and are a silent witness.
1) for the success of the Summit and for the protection of all who attend. Pray also for the protection of the general public of Brisbane during this strategic time. Pray that discussions and decisions will be guided by God and that outcomes agreed upon during the Summit will be reflective of His will.
2) that the forum prior to the Summit itself to discuss on issues such as first nations people, religious freedom, asylum seekers and sex trafficking will not be taken over by vested interests but would truly find workable and honourable solutions to the many problems evident in these areas of national and world concern.
3) that with 7000+ delegates and media coming from around the world staying in hotels, that God would move delegates to read the Bibles placed in rooms by the Gideon's and encourage them to search for a way to connect with the God of the Bible they read about.
International Prayer Connections
To read this month's edition of the IPC monthly journal, go here.
This newsletter includes a report of what the LORD did last week at the first National Prayer Assembly in Washington, D.C.
Our Weekly Bible Study
Our Weekly Bible Study
by Susan L. Turner
Week of Sunday, November 2 - Saturday, November 8
> > > To read the "One Year Bible" weekly letter, go here.
> > > To read the Shabbat Torah readings, go here.
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
This Blood is for YOU
Can we ever understand the love that Jesus had for each of us in order to endure the suffering He did for our salvation? The chorus says:
And this blood can save the soul, heal the sick, mend the heart,
This blood can give you access, to the very throne of God.
And it still can go the distance, from the pain to where you are,
This blood is for you, the blood of the Lamb.