Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Thursday, November 20, 2014
"Let his days be few, And let another take his office." (Psalm 109:8)
". . . the glory of the LORD filled the temple. . ." (2 Chronicles 5:14)
Earlier today, we pubished an alert from the Heartland Apostolic Prayer Network (HAPN), that included a direction for intercession, based solidly upon Scripture.
At 8:00 p.m. tonight, the President of the United States will make a ground-breaking decree: in a broad test of his executive powers, President Barack Obama declared Wednesday he will sidestep Congress and order his own federal action on immigration -- in measures that could spare from deportation as many as 5 million people illegally in the U.S. and set up one of the most pitched partisan confrontations of his presidency.
We are heading directly into a major constitutional crisis -- one which, without prayer and action, may well divide our nation asunder.
At Capitol Hill Prayer Partners, we agree with the statement, below, released by Congressman J. Randy Forbes:
Forbes Demands Administration Abandon Plans for Executive Amnesty
Washington, D.C. - Congressman J. Randy Forbes (VA-04) issued the following statement in response to the announcement that President Obama will take executive action on immigration:
"The President's intention to act unilaterally to change our immigration laws is not discretion, but a blatant disregard of the separation of powers as laid out in the Constitution. I strongly urge the President not to proceed with granting executive amnesty to millions of people in this country illegally, and not to diminish our institutions, our Constitution, and our nation's foundation built on the rule of law. Entry into the United States is not a right, but a privilege. The integrity of the law, as well as the integrity of our government, demand nothing less."
As we now look to another crisis, can we not apply these same verses, used to address the situation in Ferguson, to this battle as well?
Please join us in going before our King of all Kings, laying out our petition and crisis before Him, and asking Him to intervene:
In 2 Kings 19, when King Hezekiah received threats and predictions of destruction from the enemy, he did three things that serve as a template for us as a praying community in this hour.
After reading the threats, he "went to the House of the LORD." (2 Kings 19:14) Distraction, human strategizing and business-as-usual denial were avoided as the place of communion with God's heart was prioritized.
Secondly, Hezekiah "spread it (the threatening predictions) out before the LORD." As an intercessor, he brought the crisis to the Lord on behalf of God's people.
Thirdly, he earnestly prayed and worshiped the Lord. (2 Kings 19:15-19) The Lord responded to Hezekiah's prayer by declaring "I will defend this city to save it for My own sake and for My servant David's sake" and by sending an angel of the Lord to strike down the enemy of God's people." (2 Kings 19:34-36)
Ekklesia, arise and legislate, decreeing those things that are not as if they were!
Declare and decree the END to this amnesty scheme, because it is written:
"You will also declare a thing, And it will be established for you; So light will shine on your ways." (Job 22:28)
Thank you and God bless you.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"He will give His angels charge concerning you, to guard you in all your ways." (Psalm 91:11)
1. Violence in East Jerusalem; 'Intifada starts today,' Palestinian kids say - Israel National News
Scores of young Palestinians, some as young as 10, took to the streets Wednesday in East Jerusalem, after Israeli security forces demolished the home of a terrorist who plowed his car into a crowd of people waiting at the Ammunition Hill station of Jerusalem's Light Rail on Oct. 22, killing three-month-old Haya Ziesl Baron. (Read more)
2. Fear of terrorists pervades mood in Jerusalem - Jerusalem Post
As a group of young Jewish men danced and sang Am Yisrael Chai while hoisting Israeli flags in downtown Jerusalem's Zion Square Wednesday afternoon, several nearby residents and visitors to the capital expressed pronounced fear and uncertainly following the Har Nof massacre a day earlier. (Read more)
3. Ashkelon mayor bars Arab workers, drawing racism charges - Times of Israel
The mayor of Ashkelon said Wednesday he would freeze construction of bomb shelters in kindergartens, in order to keep Arab-Israeli workers away from schools in the southern city.
Itamar Shimoni quickly came under fire after announcing via Facebook he would cut off construction of shelters at any kindergarten where Arab workers were employed and also order the posting of armed guards outside kindergartens near building sites that employed Arab construction workers. Ashkelon mayor bars Arab workers, drawing racism charges -Times of Israel.
4. Israeli president: We are not at war with Islam -Times of Israel
Seeking to calm tensions in Jerusalem the day after a murderous Palestinian terror attack on a synagogue, President Reuven Rivlin said on Wednesday that Israel is not at war with Islam and that the conflict should not be allowed to become about religion. (Read more)
5. Netanyahu to present 'softened' Jewish state bill -Times of Israel
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is expected to present to a full cabinet vote on Sunday a "softened" version of a controversial bill that would enshrine Israel's Jewish status in its constitutional laws. The new draft would seek to define Israel as a "Jewish and democratic state, which upholds the rights of all its citizens under law." (Read more)
6. DF identifies four rocket launch tests from Gaza into sea in past 24 hours - Jerusalem Post The IDF said it identified on Thursday morning a rocket launch from the central Gaza Strip into the Mediterranean Sea. This was the fourth such launch from the coastal territory in the past day the IDF spokesperson said. The army said that the launches suggest that "Gaza terrorists are experimenting in order to increase rocket launching capabilities." DF identifies four rocket launch tests from Gaza into sea in past 24 hours. (Read more)
7. Kerry meets key Iranian mediator as signs point to nuke talks extension - Times of Israel
US Secretary of State John Kerry held an unexpected second meeting in two days with a key Arab mediator in the Iran nuclear talks, part of a last-minute push to meet a Monday deadline for a deal that would ease the threat of the Islamic Republic reaching the capability to produce atomic weapons.
Despite the diplomatic efforts, signs increasingly pointed to a further extension in negotiations.
Kerry met Wednesday at his hotel with Yusuf bin Alawi, the foreign minister of Oman, a key go-between in discussions between Washington and Tehran, a senior US official said. Bin Alawi was in Tehran last weekend and met with Kerry Tuesday. Their follow-up meeting was unannounced, confirmed only after an Associated Press reporter saw the foreign minister in the hotel. (Read more)
8. Nuclear watchdog says Iran still evasive on nuke issues - Times of Israel
The head of International Atomic Energy Agency said on Thursday that Iran has failed to provide explanations in response to allegations about aspects of its nuclear research that could be used for making atomic bombs.
"I call upon Iran to increase its cooperation with the agency and to provide timely access to all relevant information, documentation, sites, material and personnel," IAEA director general Yukiya Amano told a meeting of the organizations's 35-nation board of governors, Reuters reported. (Read more)
The Daily Brief
1. Obama to announce immigration executive action in prime time address Thursday - CNN
President Barack Obama will unveil his long-awaited immigration plan Thursday evening, changing rules governing deportations that could affect millions of undocumented immigrants and setting off an explosive battle with Republicans.
Obama's prime-time address will be followed Friday by an event in Las Vegas, sources tell CNN. While exact details of his announcement aren't yet public, the basic outline of the plan, as relayed by people familiar with its planning, includes deferring deportation for the parents of U.S. citizens, a move that would affect up to 3.5 million people. (Read more)
- Father, outrage is building over this unconstitutional action. We ask, Lord, for Your help in this situation, as the leader of our nation openly defies our laws.
- "When the enemy comes in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord will lift a standard against him." (Isaiah 59:19c)
2. Sheriffs against amnesty to march on Washington - WND
The Dec. 10 rally in Washington, D.C., is being organized by two sheriffs from Massachusetts - Bristol County Sheriff Thomas Hodgson and Plymouth County Sheriff Joseph McDonald. They have challenged America's other sheriffs, asking for at least 200 of them to join in paying a visit to the Capitol to make a stand against amnesty and plead for Congress and the president to secure the border. (Read more)
- Lord God, we thank You that our sheriffs are standing up and declaring to the White House and to Mr. Obama that this nation still exists under the rule of law. We ask for Your hand of protection to rest upon those who are coming to Washington to protest, and especially upon its leaders: Sheriffs Hodgson and McDonald. Thank You, Lord, in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "But the holy people of the Most High will receive the kingdom and will possess it forever--yes, for ever and ever.'" (Daniel 7:18)
3. 'Open Rebellion': Chaos if Republicans Don't Withhold Funding for Obama Executive Amnesty - Breitbart
"If Obama announces executive amnesty and the House passes an omnibus with no language blocking it, there will be no Senate vote, because conservatives will burn down the Capitol," the aide said. When asked to clarify if he was serious they'd burn the building to the ground-or if he was speaking metaphorically-the aide said "open rebellion." (Read more)
- Father God, we thank You that the anger against this proposed executive action by Mr. Obama is stirring not only on the streets of our cities, but within the halls of Congress, too. We ask that You would grant those members who oppose this move Your wisdom so that a way may yet be found to block it. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "If you want to know what God wants you to do, ask him, and he will gladly tell you, for he is always ready to give a bountiful supply of wisdom to all who ask him; he will not resent it." (James 1:5 TLB)
4. ISIS has enough weapons to carry on fighting for two years, UN warns - The Guardian UK
A new report prepared for the United Nations Security Council warns that the militant group known as the Islamic State (Isis) possesses sufficient reserves of small arms, ammunition and vehicles to wage its war for Syria and Iraq for up to two years. (Read more)
- Father, we continually pray against the satanic cult of ISIS. We ask that their weapons and ammunition malfunction, that explosives fail, that their equipment falls apart and can't be repaired.
- "Give them according to their deeds, and according to the wickedness of their endeavors." (Psalm 28:4a)
5. Gun dealers report brisk sales ahead of Ferguson grand jury decision - ABC News
Gun dealers in parts of the St. Louis suburbs have reported brisk sales, especially among first-time buyers, as local residents wait for a grand jury decision on whether to indict the Ferguson police officer who fatally shot teenager Michael Brown this past August. (Read more)
- Lord we pray for peace in Ferguson. We ask for protection for all persons in the area, that you will intervene against the instigators of violence, and be a present help for those who are innocent residents.
- "You are my hiding place; You shall preserve me from trouble; You shall surround me with songs of deliverance." (Psalm 32:7)
6. NSA Director: China can damage US power grid - Fox News
In a stunning first-time admission, Admiral Michael Rogers director of the National Security Agency and commander of the US Cyber Command, warns that China and 'one or two' other countries are performing electronic 'reconnaissance' and are capable of shutting down America's electric power grid. (Read more)
- Lord, we erect a hedge of protection around all power grids in the US and ask for Your sustaining Hand upon them. We repent of our sins before You, Lord, and we ask for Your mercy to be upon us. In Jesus' Name, amen and amen.
"My times are in Your hand; deliver me from the hand of my enemies." (Psalm 31:15)
"No weapon formed against you shall prosper, And every tongue which rises against you in judgment You shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, And their righteousness is from Me," Says the Lord. (Isaiah 54:17)
7. Northern US braced for more snowstorms after seven die - BBC
Another 3ft (1m) of snow is expected to hit parts of north-eastern US after a massive snowstorm left at least seven dead in New York state on Wednesday. Weather-related deaths were also reported in New Hampshire and Michigan. Parts of the city of Buffalo are already under 5ft of snow. New York Governor Andrew Cuomo called the snowstorm a "historic event". [Note: there are now 8 reported fatalities from this storm.] (Read more)
- Lord, we pray for the people of this hard-hit region, that they will remember to turn to You for help. May they find the reality of Your Presence at this time.
- "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble." (Psalm 46:1)
The Daily Jot (Part One)
Thursday, November 20, 2014
One law for sojourner and citizen
On the eve of the president's predicted Executive Order to provide amnesty citizenship to some five million or more illegal aliens, there is a lot of political rhetoric, but not much action. Reuters reports that the "president" will announce his unilateral plan to bypass Congress tonight at 8:00 pm. Reuters also reports that Congressman Paul Ryan (R-Wi) "called the plan a "partisan bomb" while a spokesman for House Speaker John Boehner branded the president "Emperor Obama" for acting unilaterally." That's all well and good, but what are these men doing to put a stop to this act that violates the Constitution? Court action? Impeachment? Talk is cheap. We elected them to take action.
> > > To read the rest of today's Jot, please go here.
The Daily Jot (Part Two)
Wednesday, November 19, 2014
Islam claiming America in Congress & Cathedral
Many believed that when they cast their ballot on November 4th against the dictatorial Islamic socialist policies of the occupant of the Oval Office, that they did their part. There was a collective sigh of relief across the sane members of society that perhaps the message sent to Washington was to right the good ship America. I warned Americans that they had only taken the first step. The second step, the far harder, would be the arduous task of holding those who were elected accountable. It is proving true. A sign of the times, a harbinger if you will, is what happened at the National Cathedral with the prayers in the name of allah. Moreover, it was a planned and coordinated event with Congress.
"Get out of here," you say! Well, here's the rest of the story. Introduced by newly re-elected House Speaker John Boehner (R-Oh), Imam Hamad Ahmad Chebli of the Islamic Society of Central Jersey in Monmouth opened the House business with prayer on Thursday, November 13. Chebli began: "In the name of Allah, the most gracious, the most merciful. Praise be to Allah, the cherisher, the sustainer of the world, the most gracious, the most merciful master of the Day of Judgment. Thee do we worship and thine do we seek. Guide us to the safe path." The Washington Post reported that Chebli was also part of the prayer at the National Cathedral, which was "sponsored by the Washington National Cathedral, the All Dulles Area Muslim Society (ADAMS), the Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR) and other Islamic organizations."
The Muslim Brotherhood strategic plan for North America, submitted as evidence in the 2008 Holy Land Foundation trial, called for Islamic colonization of America to carry out a grand "civilization jihadist" mission dedicated to "eliminating and destroying" America from within, and "sabotaging its miserable house." The Islamic Society of North America, the parent of the Islamic Society of Central Jersey, was listed as supporting the plan. CAIR was named an un-indicted co-conspirator in the trial. It is well known that the Muslim Brotherhood (and its affiliate al Qaeda) is a foreign policy partner of the "president." CAIR and the various Islamic Societies are considered by experts as terrorist sponsoring fronts.
The "president's" sentiment toward Islamists is well established. It is beyond belief, however, that after an election rejecting the "president's" Islamic socialist policies that the House Speaker would desecrate the House of Representatives by allowing an Imam with ties to the Muslim Brotherhood to symbolically claim Congress with a prayer in the name of allah. The peaceful religion claim is a ruse. Islam is incompatible with representative government and freedom. We elected a new Congress to protect the Constitution and national security, to right the nation. Boehner should be removed for allowing such an "in your face" move against American citizens. Accountability is necessary. I ask again the 2 Corinthians 6:14 question, "What partnership has light with darkness?"
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
Christians are Turning Black Friday into "Bless Friday"
"The great thing about Bless Friday is that you don't need to participate in these planned activities. Any individual, family or group can identify a need and begin their Christmas season with service."
(Houston, TX)-With stores now opening their doors for big sales as early as Thanksgiving Day itself, the "biggest shopping day of the year," AKA: Black Friday just seems to have "gobbled"-excuse the pun-up more of Americans' time than ever before.
And with incidents of people being trampled at the doors, one has to wonder at the extent of hearts growing cold.
Hoping to counter that downslide; Bless Friday®, an idea that reportedly began in a Houston church in 2010, has caught on and gone nationwide.
While many churches are now joining the movement, providing opportunities of service to the homeless, food pantries, visiting the house-bound, cleanup crews and more-any individual is also encouraged to help turn Black Friday into Bless Friday by using that day to bless someone else.
For more info, visit the official website: BlessFriday.org. Below are some of the details from a recent Bless Friday news release:
Today's Birthday on the Hill
Today we want to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to:
Rep. Jim McGovern (MA)
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
"Blessed Be Your Name" - Newsong
Daily Conference Calls
Daily Conference Calls
Prayer calls will be held nightly at 9PM EST.
857-232-0156; access 377054#
Sponsored by Breaker of Dawn Ministries
For details, go here.