Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Wednesday, June 18, 2014
"I have swept away your offenses like a cloud, your sins like the morning mist. Return to me,
for I have redeemed you." (Isaiah 44:22)
Thank you for praying for the Persecuted Church!
Please visit the website for the International Christian Concern to find ongoing needs for prayer among the persecuted around the world. Thank you.
||The Daily Brief|
1. Obama Sends 275 U.S. Troops to Protect Embassy - Worthy News
Up to 275 U.S. military troops were being deployed to Iraq to Iraq to provide support and security to U.S. personnel and the embassy in Baghdad, President Barack Obama informed Congress on Monday. (Read more)
- As we recall the bombing of the American Embassy in Beirut in 1983, and the taking of hostages at the American embassy in Teheran in 1979, we press in to make this report a matter of serious prayer. Abba God, we ask for Your Hand of protection to rest upon our people in Iran, and for their safe passage home, should that decision be made. Thank You, Lord, for hearing our prayer, in Jesus' Name, amen.
- "If you say, "The Lord is my refuge," and you make the Most High your dwelling, no harm will overtake you, no disaster will come near your tent. For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways. . ." (Psalm 91:9-11)
2. State Dep't Sides With Saudis As Iraq's Maliki Points Accusing Finger - CNSNews.com
In urging an end to sectarianism in the crisis engulfing Iraq and Syria, the Obama administration is focusing largely on the Shi'ite side of the equation - despite indications that Sunni parties, including U.S. ally Saudi Arabia, are fueling the strife as well.
State Department spokeswoman Jen Psaki on Tuesday dismissed as "inaccurate and offensive" claims by Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki's Shi'ite-dominated, Iranian-backed government that Saudi Arabia was supporting Sunni militia that have made stunning advances across Iraq over the past week.
Maliki's government said it held Saudi Arabia responsible for financial and moral support for the jihadists, and for consequences which it said include "crimes that may qualify as genocide, the spilling of Iraqi blood, the destruction of Iraqi state institutions and historic and religious sites."(Read more)
- The battle between the Shi'ite and the Sunni sects of Islam go back to its founding, and is quite complex. Please pray in the spirit over this dark matter, for only Abba can bring His light to shine in this part of the world. Our King of Kings has a destiny planned for every nation on the earth, including Saudi Arabia, Iraq, and Iran. As you pray, call forth that destiny through the authority of the Shed Blood of Yeshua, our Lord. Amen.
- "In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans." (Romans 8:26)
3. House Appropriations Committee Slashes IRS Budget by 15%, Halts Obamacare Enforcement - Washington Examiner
The U.S. House Appropriations Committee is set to slash IRS's budget to $10.9 billion, $1.5 billion under President Obama's request for the 2015 fiscal year. The budget measure's goal is to ensure the tax agency focus on it's "core duties", and eliminate efforts to judge political activities and halt its enforcement of Obamacare. (Read more)
- Offer praise unto the LORD that this agency is now coming under correction in response to the overreaching of its boundaries. Offer prayer that the remaining funds be used wisely, and that policies be set in place to prevent abuses in the future. In His Name, amen.
- "Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows." (Gal. 6:7)
4. IRS Was Required by Law to Print Emails Lost to Hard Drive Crash -
According to Federal Law, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) is required to keep records of all agency emails and to print out hard copies of the emails in the event of a computer crash. This further complicates the IRS claim that it "lost" emails from ex-official Lois Lerner, who was found in contempt of Congress by a vote of 231 to 187 in May. (Read more)
- Father, we thank You that Ms. Lerner was found in contempt of Congress last month, and that a law is in place to prevent the loss of valuable data should a computer system crash. Lord God, we ask that the IRS now take heed to this law, and make the corrections necessary so that no data will be lost again. We ask this prayer in Jesus' name, amen.
- "If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer." (Matthew 21:22)
5. Gov. Perry: US-Mexico Border 'An Absolute Overflowing Mess' - CNSNews.com
A thousand people a day are being apprehended at the U.S.-Mexico border, which is "an absolute overflowing mess," Texas Gov. Rick Perry told Fox News's Sean Hannity Tuesday night. "And this is something we brought to the attention of the president over two years ago, back in 2012, when we saw this was a major issue. We flagged this. And we're still waiting for a response, not just from the president but from the administration. So it is a major problem." (Read more)
- Lord God in heaven, we continue to beseech You to move on the hearts of our leaders to stay the invasion of illegal immigrants of all ages, now flooding our southern border. The United States of America is a nation that belongs to Americans -- either by birth or by the process of legal naturalization. All others are illegal and are adding to the spirit of lawlessness now rising up among us. We ask for Your help, O Lord, we pray, amen.
- "And he shall speak great words against the Most High, and shall wear out the saints of the Most High, and think to change times and laws . . ." (Daniel 7:25)
6. Whooping Cough Has Reach Epidemic Levels in California - Worthy News
Pertussis, commonly known as whooping cough, has made a resurgence in California over the past year, and the number of cases has reached epidemic proportions, the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) said. "As of June 10, there have been 3,458 cases of pertussis reported to CDPH in 2014, more than were reported in all of 2013. Over 800 new cases have been reported in the past two weeks," according to the CDPH report. (Read more)
- In addition to the report of this epidemic in the State of California, CBS News is reporting that, across the nation, cases of whooping cough have jumped 24% past the same time last year. Please make this a matter of serious prayer, asking our Lord to shield all -- especially the very young -- who may be in the path of this disease. In His Name, amen.
- "And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the LORD that healeth thee." (Exodus 15:26)
7. Liquid Meth Pours into U.S. - Worthy News
Drug traffickers are now disguising methamphetamine, commonly known as meth, as a liquid to smuggle it into the United States. Once in the States, drug smugglers often convert the liquid into crystals -- the most sought-after form in the black market.
- Father, it seems a huge task to stop all the smuggling that happens every day in the United States, but with You all things are possible. We lean and rely on You to aid our law enforcement officials in this task. In Jesus Name, amen.
- "Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known." (Jeremiah 33:3)
||The Middle East in Focus|
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" (Psalm 27:1)
1. Operation Bring Back Our Brothers Continues, Over 200 Hamas Members Arrested- Worthy News
On the fifth day of Operation Bring Back Our Brothers, Israel continued to target Hamas in the West Bank and has arrested over 200 members of Hamas, mostly in the area of Hebron while the search for the three kidnapped teenagers continues.
2. Unity Pact is Void if Hamas Carried Out Kidnapping, PA Official Says- Worthy News
If Hamas was behind the kidnapping of three Israeli teenagers in the West Bank, it would mark a breach of understandings between Fatah and Hamas, and render their unity agreement void, a senior official in the Palestinian Authority told the Times of Israel.
3. Kidnapped Teens Assumed to be Alive - United with Israel
In a meeting with the families of three abducted teens, Defense Minister Moshe Ya'alon said the assumption is that the boys are alive. (Read more)
4. UN Chief: No 'Concrete Evidence' of Kidnapping - United with Israel
UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon's spokesperson angered Israelis by saying the UN has no evidence that the kidnapping of three Israeli boys had actually occurred. (Read more)
||The Daily Jot|
National security crisis from Texas
The president has refused to enforce border security laws and has created a national security crisis while thousands have poured over the border of states like Texas. The "president" himself creating the problem now claims it is a humanitarian crisis because children are coming across without their parents. This is not even a veiled attempt to force Congress to accept his amnesty proposal to give these illegals citizenship and put them on the public dole, forever indebted to the Democratic Party. Notwithstanding, Texas Republican governor Rick Perry told Fox News that the White House is allowing record numbers of terrorists from the Middle East across the border.
Perry said, "We have record high numbers of other than Mexicans being apprehended at the border. These are people that are coming from states like Syria that have substantial connections back to terrorist regimes and terrorist operations. So we're seeing record, historic high numbers of these individuals being apprehended...We flagged this issue in 2012 and have yet to even have a response as far as I know, not from the president, but not even from his administration." Perry fired a political shot the "president,", saying he "is totally and absolutely either inept or making some decisions that are not in the best interest of American citizens, particularly from a public safety standpoint."
While I appreciate what governor Perry is saying, we have to keep in mind that he is seriously considering running for president in 2016. It is highly understandable that Perry would like to make some political hay while the sun is shining. But for some resident's of Texas who normally are stalwart supporters of Perry, his grandstanding is having the opposite impact. One such person asked: "Why aren't our Governors in border states addressing the problem with our state constitutional rights?! Especially Perry who is considering another run for President! If he cannot address and enforce it on a state level, would he do any better on a national level?"
The point is that we do have a Constitution that enumerates state's rights. And if the law-breaking president refuses to enforce the law, then the governor should protect the rights and security of those who elected him. Perry needs to stop pointing fingers at a corrupt criminal president and put his words into actions. The United States is in deep trouble financially, morally, and internationally. We are faced with a character crisis in our leadership. Perry and his colleagues on the border do well to point out the evil befalling their states and the nation. But it gets old when in reality they have the authority to be Romans 12:21 leaders: "Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good." Perry can set the example now of the type of president he would be in the future.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
||Focus on Iraq|
Focus on Iraq
- For every headline listed in this section, please decree Isaiah 59:19. IT IS WRITTEN:
"When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him."
[Note: all headlines below are taken from Worthy News. You can track the sources for these articles by visiting their link at: www. worthynews.com]
1. ISIS Advances on Baquba, Less than 40 Miles from Baghdad
On Tuesday, the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (Greater Syria) (ISIS) targeted the city of Baquba, less than 40 miles north Baghdad.
2. ISIS Likely to have U.S. Made Stinger Missiles
Last week, the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (Greater Syria) (ISIS) seized several Iraqi army bases, and captured two weapons depots full of U.S. made military equipment.
3. ISIS Moving Captured U.S. Tanks, Humvees to Syria
A significant number of tanks, trucks, and humvees were seized by the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIS) and those arms are being sent to Syria, according to U.S. officials.
4. Iraq Sees Obama as Jihad 'Accomplice'
The Obama administration has been aware for two months that the al-Qaida-inspired group that has taken over two Iraqi cities and now is threatening Baghdad was training fighters in Turkey, according to a Shiite source in contact with a high official in the government of Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki.
5. Iranian Efforts to Destablize Iraq, State Dept. Warned in April
In late April, State Department officials warned that Iran had "trained, funded, and provided guidance" to ethnic Iraqi terror groups who want to destabilize the country.
||The Madison Report|
Week of June 16 - 20, 2014
Below please find excerpts for three key topics, highlighted in this week's issue of The Madison Report. We encourage all of our readers to go here to see this report in its entirety, as each issue is being addressed NOW on Capitol Hill. Thank you!
Fellow conservative patriots,
This will be an unprecedented week in Washington, with most of the focus revolving around untimely leadership elections. Sadly, instead of learning their lessons of failed leadership, House Republicans are prepared to elect even worse leadership to replace Eric Cantor. Meanwhile, both houses of Congress are prepared to grow the size and scope of government while demagogue the veterans' health care issue. Thankfully, we have witnessed a citizens uprising in recent weeks and that has empowered conservatives to speak out. We must harness that grassroots power and #MakeDCListen.
TOPIC 1: House Leadership Elections
You can't make this stuff up. The House Majority Leader gets knocked off in a primary for his tepid support of conservative principles, most notably on the immigration issue, and people who are even more liberal than Cantor immediately circle the water like sharks in pursuit of blood. . . .
TOPIC 2: Veterans Bill
While everyone was focusing on the chaos created by Eric Cantor's defeat, the House and Senate snuck through a veterans' bill that, although contains one good reform, massively expands the entitlement state through the prism of the failed VA system.
The Senate bill (H.R. 3230), which passed overwhelmingly last Wednesday, would massively expand coverage to as many as 8 million more veterans and spend billions on the construction of new facilities and health care providers. . .
The House passed a similar bill, which echoes the structural changes called for in the Senate version, but calls upon the OMB to report back to Congress on the cost.
Later this week, the House will vote on a motion to go to conference with the Senate on this bill. Conservatives need to sound the alarm on this bill. It will create a 5th major health care entitlement without firing a shot. . .
TOPIC 3: Appropriations
Both houses of congress will continue to navigate the FY 2015 appropriations season. The House has already passed 4 of the 12 spending bills, and as we've noted before, they are voting down efforts by conservatives to eliminate wasteful programs. Later this week, we will publish a scorecard for the amendments process on the Transportation-HUD bill. For example, 70 Republicans helped Democrats defeat an effort to cut off welfare for illegal aliens. . .
Please read the FULL EDITION of the Madison Report by going here. We appreciate the hard work of this research team, which helps us to "pray in the Spirit and with understanding," according to I Corinthians 14:15.
Thank you, Madison team!
||AIPAC Alert (Urgent)|
Urge Members of Congress to Sign Letter Asserting Congressional Role
in Any Final Deal with Iran
As the July 20 deadline approaches for the P5 +1 and Iran to negotiate a "comprehensive solution" to the Iranian nuclear program, Congress must assert its central role. House Foreign Affairs Committee Chairman Ed Royce (R-CA) and Ranking Member Eliot Engel (D-NY) are circulating a bipartisan letter that urges President Obama to begin substantive consultations with Congress concerning a final agreement and any potential sanctions relief package. The letter stresses that greater cooperation between the President and Congress is essential given that any permanent sanctions relief requires congressional approval.
View signatories to the letter
Hint: 12 members of Congress signed; 420 members have not signed
View text of the Royce-Engel letter
Sample Phone Script:
"I am calling the Representative to urge him/her to sign the Royce-Engel letter to the President. The letter urges the administration to work closely with Congress on the scope of acceptable sanctions relief as the deadline to reach a final nuclear deal with Iran approaches."
||A Letter from Canon Andrew White|
A Letter from Canon Andrew White
Foundation for Relief and Reconciliation in the Middle East
June 11, 2014
> > > The following is an excerpt from Canon Andrew White in Iraq. We urge our readers to please visit this link to read his entire message. Thank you.
Things are so bad now in Iraq, the worst they have ever been. The Islamic terrorists have taken control of the whole of Mosul which is Nineveh the main Christian stronghold. The army have even fled. We urgently need help and support.
Please, please help us in this crisis.
Iraq is now in its worst crisis since the 2003 war. ISIS (the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria Group), a group that does not even see Al Qaida as extreme enough, has moved into Mosul, which is Nineveh. It has totally taken control, destroyed all government departments. Allowed all prisoners out of the prisons. Killed countless numbers of people. There are bodies over the streets. The army and police have fled, so many of the military resources have been captured. Tankers, armed vehicles and even helicopters are now in the hands of ISIS.
The area is the heartland of the Christian community. Most of our people come from Nineveh and still see that as their home. It is there that they return to regularly. Many Christian's fled from back to Nineveh from Baghdad, as things got so bad there. Now the Christian centre of Iraq has been totally ransacked. The tanks are moving into the Christian villages destroying them and causing total carnage. The ISIS militants are now moving towards Kirkuk, major areas to the Oil fields that provide the lifeblood of Iraq. We are faced with total war that all the Iraqi military have now retreated from.
People have fled in their hundreds of thousands to Kurdistan still in Iraq for safety. The Kurds have even closed the border, preventing entry of the masses. The crisis is so huge it is almost impossible to consider what is really happening.
WE NEED YOUR HELP
The summer is by far our worst time of the year for support. Both our Foundation in the UK and US have seriously had to reduce our funding. We are in a desperate crisis. So many of our people had returned their homes in Nineveh for the summer now they are stuck in this total carnage unable to even escape. We desperately need help so that we can help the Christians of this broken land just get through this new crisis. Please can you help us, we are desperate.
The terrible fact is that ISIS are in the control now of Fallujah in the South and Mosul in the North they could now move down towards Baghdad between the two and cause a total crisis there. So to be honest I don't know what to do, do I stay or go back? I have a huge amount of commitments here. If I go back, I cannot change the situation but I want to be with my people. Here we are with this huge crisis and need and we do not even have the resources to help those most in need. So the crisis is huge and we need help, will you please help us?
With much love and grace,
To learn how you can help Canon Andrew, please go here.
||The Good News Corner|
The Good News Corner:
Ex-Con Saves Baby Who Crawled Onto Highway
(Plays Gospel Music to Calm the Crying Tot)
An ex-con who turned his life around after spending a decade in federal lockup for drugs is being hailed as a hero after he saved a 15-month-old girl who wandered away from home to the edge of a Georgia highway.
Bryant Collins says that he's been in a lot of "bad situations," but still couldn't believe his eyes when he spotted the toddler crawling perilously close to Highway 72.
"I had seen something out of the corner of my eye, and I thought it was a baby," Collins told NBC affiliate WXIA. "I just stopped and, when I got out, there was a baby - almost in the highway."
'What the hell is going on?" Collins said he asked himself. "A baby?'"
The stunned auto repairman scooped up the little girl from the grassy roadside, called 911 and then started playing gospel music on his cell phone to calm the crying tot.
He comforted the child for two hours while police tried to figure out where the baby came from and how it got there. ( NBC News) Read more.
||Signs and Wonders|
Signs and Wonders:
SUMMER SUN HALO
Around the northern hemisphere, sky watchers are starting to report a rainbow-colored sun halo that appears almost-exclusively during summer: the circumhorizon arc. "I saw one on June 13th. It was very bright," says Michail Anastasio, who snapped this picture from the cockpit of a plane flying 20,000 feet over Singapore.
Nicknamed the "fire rainbow" because of its fiery rainbow colors, this apparition in fact has nothing to do with either fire or rainbows. It is caused by sunlight refracting through plate-shaped ice crystals in cirrus clouds. The geometry of the refraction requires that the sun be high in the sky (above 58o), which explains why this is a summertime phenomenon.
June and July are the best months to see circumhorizon arcs. Look for them circling the horizon sometimes in patches, sometimes not, always brightly decorated with pure and well separated prismatic colors. You'll know it when you see it. (Spaceweather.com)
||Worship With Us Today!|
Worship With Us Today!
"How Emptiness Sings" - Christa Wells