GOP chooses leaders today
in the House of Representatives
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Thursday, June 19, 2014
"I have swept away your offenses like a cloud, your sins like the morning mist. Return to me, for I have redeemed you." (Isaiah 44:22)
Please visit the website for the International Christian Concern to find ongoing needs for prayer among the persecuted around the world. Thank you.
The Daily Brief
1. U.S. Postal Service Seeks More Ways to Collect Information on You - Weekly Standard
The U.S. Postal Service USPS) is looking to create a program called "The Internet of Postal Things Project," to explore ways the USPS can benefit from "virtually unlimited opportunities" collecting and processing data from any "device, infrastructure, machine and even human beings." (Read more)
- Lord, let seeing eyes be blind, and let blind eyes see as Your people continually battle privacy issues. Keep us from deception, Lord in this war against our personal information.
- "The Lord is for me among those who help me." (Palms 118:7a)
2. Standoffs by Armed Mexican officers and Border Agents Compound Problems on the Border - Washington Times
Over the past decade more than 500 Armed Mexican troops and police have strayed across the U.S. border which at times has led to standoffs with border control agents, according to the Department of Homeland Security. These revelations compound the problem on the border as illegal immigrants continue to flood into the U.S. (Read more)
- Father You alone have the solution to this travesty. We pray for courage for the citizens of this nation to stand up and say no to this flood of illegals.
- "The wicked watches the righteous and seeks to slay him. The Lord will not leave him in his hand, nor condemn him when he is judged." (Psalm 37:32,33)
3. Military Blimps Set to Launch in Maryland - Worthy News
Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's new military blimps. The U.S. military base at Aberdeen Proving Ground will be launching two blimps that will become permanent fixtures in the sky over Maryland. On a clear day, someone can see it from 50 miles away. The U.S. military says the blimps will be looking for anti-ship cruise missiles, unmanned aircraft, and swarming boats. (Read more)
- Lord we do not know whether this is a good thing or bad, but we do know that Your people need Your protection at this time. So we pray for Your mercy over us.
- "I have set the Lord always before me; because He is at my right hand I shall not be moved." (Psalm 16:8)
4. Inflation Grips the U.S. as Consumer Prices Soar - USA Today
So you believe you're getting less bang for the buck? It's not your imagination! The prices of food, gasoline, and electricity continued to soar as the Consumer Price Index (CPI) posted their sharpest increase in 15 months. (Read more)
- Father, the economic policies of this administration have been egregious. We thank You that You are Jehovah Jireh, and that You will provide for Your people. We pray for mercy for all.
- "But I have trusted in Your mercy; my heart shall rejoice in Your salvation. I will sing to the Lord because He has dealt bountifully with me." (Psalm 13:5,6)
5. U.S. Developing Quantum Computing - Department of Defense
The U.S. Military is developing systems to handle quantum computing that would revolutionize the way information is transmitted and processed, both in scale and speed. However, this technology also could enhance "surveillance technologies far beyond what exists today," experts warn. (Read more)
- Father as technology marches forward, so do evil plans for its use. Let Your people rise up to be part of every portion of our society, that Your salt and light will penetrate the darkness around us.
- "You are the salt of the earth, but if the salt loses its flavor, how shall it be seasoned?" (Matthew 5:13)
6. Supreme Court Maintains Ban on Megachurch Graduations - Christianity Today
The U.S. Supreme Court has allowed a court ban on churches renting their facilities for public school graduations to remain standing, despite the implications of the high court's recent divided ruling in favor of Jesus prayers at government meetings. (Read more)
- Father, as the gates of our nation remain down, we pray for an "infiltration" of Your Holy Spirit to infuse the people with truth and life. There is no logical reason why a high school could not rent the large auditorium of a mega church for their graduations. We asl for rational thought to invade our nations' judges, and all of our people.
- "Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; who put darkness for light and light for darkness." (Isaiah 5:20a,b)
7. GOP chooses leaders today - The Hill
House Republicans will decide on Thursday whether to respond to the stunning defeat of Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.) by adding a representative from a deep red state to their leadership team. (Read more)
- Father, we ask that this decision would reflect a "new heart" in Congress - one that would reflect that these members have heard the voice of the people: no more business as usual. Let this Congress be one that hears our heartcries, and responds accordingly, in Jesus' name, amen.
- "Pray . . . for all in authority. . ." (I TIm. 1:1,2)
8. House votes to boost border security - The Hill
The House on Wednesday gave voice vote approval to a proposal from Rep. Doug Lamborn (R-Colo.) that would increase funding for the Army National Guard to assist with border security. (Read more)
- Offer a chorus of PRAISE UNTO THE LORD for this action. We ask that even more support would be granted to those who are tasked with border security in coming weeks. In His Name, amen!
- "Let everything that has breath praise the Lord. Praise the Lord." (Psalm 150:6)
9. Issa, Camp seek IRS hard drives - The Hill
Congressional Republicans are hunting for hard drives, smartphones and maintenance logs that they think could yield emails from former IRS official Lois Lerner.
Two House committees - Ways and Means and Oversight - are investigating IRS claims that Lerner's hard drive failed in 2011, likely erasing emails they believe to be relevant to their probe of the scrutiny that was given to Tea Party groups. (Read more)
- We offer praise that these two committees are bound and determined to get to the bottom of this scandal, rather than simply allow it to fade away. We also offer prayer support to their efforts, amen.
- "'Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says the Lord Almighty." (Zech. 4:6)
10. Obama to leaders: Iraq plan won't require congressional vote - The Hill
President Obama is not close to seeking congressional authorization for airstrikes in Iraq. (Read more)
- Here we go again. Stand in repentance for this abuse of presidential authority over Congress. Ask our Lord to cause a spirit of humility to fall upon this president, that he would seek Congress before taking any military action, anywhere. In His Name, amen.
- "Father, forgive him, for he knows not what he does." (Luke 23:34)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" (Psalm 27:1)
1. Israel rearrests 51 Palestinians Freed Under Galit Shalid Deal as Operation Bring Back Our Brothers Continues - Worthy News
The Israel Defense Force (IDF) continued its West Bank operation Tuesday night, arresting 64 Palestinians, including 50 former Hamas prisoners who had been released as part of the 2011 deal for captured IDF soldier Gilad Shalit.
2. IDF Official: Hamas Made a Strategic Error and Will Pay - Israel National News
A senior official in the IDF said on Tuesday evening that "Operation Brother's Keeper," the search and counter-terror operation in Judea and Samaria following the abduction of three yeshiva youths, will not conclude in the near future.
"This is an ongoing battle that will not end in one week," the official said. "Part of our strength is our ability to hold this campaign for a prolonged time period. We are hitting their corporate, political, financial infrastructure and more. Even if it fails to stop the next attack, it will have a long-term effect."
"Hamas made a strategic error, and now it will also be affected at the strategic level because it will be isolated," the official continued. (Read more)
3. Hamas Attacks 'Harmful' Abbas for Condemning Kidnappings - Israel National News
Hamas lost no time taking Palestinian Authority (PA) Chairman Mahmoud Abbas to task on Wednesday, just after Abbas condemned the kidnappers of the three Israeli teenagers, who he said "want to destroy" the PA.
In the statement, Abbas defended the cooperation between PA security forces and the IDF in the rescue operation, saying "the kidnapped are human beings like us. It is in our interest to have security coordination with Israel because that would help protect us. I say it frankly, we will never have another Intifada - that would destroy us." (Read more)
4. Anticipating Gaza Flare-Up, Iron Dome Deployed in Coastal Region - Israel National News
The IDF prepared to station Iron Dome anti-missile defense units in the coastal region of Ashdod and Tel Aviv on Wednesday, even as an explosive placed on the Gaza security barrier by terrorists was caught and detonated.
IDF forces neutralized the explosive early Wednesday afternoon, on the barrier in the southern part of Gaza. The bomb was detonated on the western side of the barrier, namely inside Gaza, by security forces in a controlled manner, causing no injuries or damage.
The incident highlights the security threat from the Hamas-enclave of Gaza, which has been the source of a constant stream of rocket fire since the three Israeli teenagers were kidnapped last Thursday. (Read more)
Focus on Iraq
Focus on Iraq
For every headline listed in this section, please decree Isaiah 59:19. IT IS WRITTEN:
"When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him."
1. Lawmakers, allies reportedly press White House to withdraw support for Iraqi PM - Fox News
U.S. lawmakers and allies are pressing the Obama administration to publicly withdraw its support for embattled Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki, whom Washington increasingly sees as either unable or unwilling to reconcile with Iraq's Sunni minority and stabilize the country politically, according to a published report.
2. Militants fly their black flags over Iraq refinery - AP
Sunni militants hung their black banners on watch towers at Iraq's largest oil refinery . . .suggesting the vital facility had fallen to the insurgents who have seized vast territories across the country's north. The fighting at Beiji, some 250 kilometers (155 miles) north of Baghdad, comes as Iraq has asked the U.S. for airstrikes targeting the militants from the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant.
3. Democrats split on strikes in Iraq - The Hill
Democratic leaders are providing Obama with backing for targeted military action in Iraq. (Read more)
4. Paul, Cruz tiptoe through Iraq minefield - The Hill
The possible GOP White House contenders have adopted a cautious approach on Iraq. (Read more)
5. Biden stresses unity in call to Iraqi leaders - The Hill
The vice president spoke to Iraq's Shiite, Sunni and Kurdish leaders. (Read more)
6. Iraq asks United States for air support to counter rebels - Reuters
Iraq has asked the United States for air support in countering Sunni rebels, the top U.S. general said on Wednesday, after the militants seized major cities in a lightning advance that has routed the Shi'ite-led government's army.
However, General Martin Dempsey, the chairman of the U.S. military's Joint Chiefs of Staff, gave no direct reply when asked at a Congressional hearing whether Washington would agree to the request.
Baghdad said it wanted U.S. air strikes as the insurgents, led by fighters from the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL), battled their way into the biggest oil refinery in Iraq and the president of neighbouring Iran raised the prospect of intervening in a sectarian war that threatens to sweep across Middle East frontiers.
7. Local Iraqi Citizens to Protest in Front of White House on Saturday; Ask Support - CHPP
A coalition of Iraqi supporters will stage a demonstration in front of the White House at 1:00 p.m. this Saturday, to demand that the U.S. provides support as their citizens battle the ISIS terrorists on the home front.
The Daily Jot
The prophetic trouble of America
America is in deep trouble. Informed Americans know it. The current regime is in its sixth year of systematically destroying the nation. Governors try to fix some of the problems at the state level, but federal courts overturn them. The people try to fix some of the problems at the state level through referenda and the courts overturn them. There are laws on the books and the president refuses to enforce them. Congress, the Senate controlled by the "president's" party and the House by ineffectual back-boneless Republicans, either use empty words and convoluted logic to support the "president" or use empty words to appease Americans while pointing out problems without solutions. We are in trouble.
There is a huge list of axe swipes at the tree of liberty perpetrated by the courts, the White House and the Congress. Domestic issues such as marriage, spying on citizens, harassing citizens, border security, unemployment, deficit spending and out right tyranny are in the news almost everyday. International issues such as support of the Muslim Brotherhood, al Qaeda, the Taliban, funneling taxpayer dollars to those who kill our soldiers, sending badly needed jobs overseas, allowing nuclear weapons that can destroy our nation to be developed and held by madmen also adorn the news like the earrings worn by the Ishmaelites and the crescents on their camels in the time of Gideon. We are in trouble.
Americans appear like as Jesus said in Matthew 24:38-39, "For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark. And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away..." Our people, our nation, our leaders seem so self indulged with life, the games of life, the symptoms rather than the cause, that we are unable to begin to understand what is befalling us. Perhaps we have to suspend our disbelief or step outside the powers of persuasion surrounding us to see the truth that is fallen in the streets. People, we have entered a captivity that seems like freedom, but it is so far from God it cannot be free. We are in trouble.
In the wisdom of Christ in Matthew 15:14, we have leaders as the Pharisees of old who are "blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch." Our courts, our congress, our presidency is blind to the principles of God; to the natural consequences of abandoning God's word; to the flood of judgment that may be gathering like a storm cloud over the nation. We have depended too much on hirelings who do not care about you and me and they are deceiving and being deceived. We are in trouble and it will take the full measure of prayer, repentance, and bold action to lift this nation up from the pit of destruction and set it back on the rock of salvation.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Update: Pain Capable Unborn Child Act
Update: Pain Capable Unborn Child Act
Passed in the House last year; action needed now for passage in the Senate.
One year ago today, a bipartisan majority in the House passed historic pro-life legislation that would ban the abortion of unborn children developmentally capable of experiencing pain. The United States is one of just seven countries worldwide that permits elective abortion after 5 months, more than halfway through pregnancy (20 weeks post-fertilization).
Yet despite repeated calls from Senators to allow a vote in the Senate, Majority Leader Harry Reid has refused to allow this legislation to come to the floor. One of the reasons is there has not been a single Democrat cosponsor!
Recent polls show a majority of Americans favor the ban with some of the strongest support coming from women! Two-thirds, in fact, when asked by Quinnipiac pollsters if they backed the ban said they would support prohibiting abortion on children capable of feeling pain.
Advances in medical technology have made this reality clear. Lead sponsor of the bill, Sen. Graham points out, "We now know that an unborn child at the twentieth week of pregnancy can feel pain. In fact, anesthesia is administered directly to unborn children in second trimester fetal surgery."
It's been years since the Senate has been poised to respond to the pro-life majority like this and make a meaningful impact for the cause of the unborn, saving upwards of 15,000 babies a year.
Contact your senator and urge him or her to support the Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act, a popularly supported bipartisan bill that would end the gruesome abortions of children after 20 weeks.
(Source: Family Research Council, Action Alert)
About the IRS
ACLJ Calls for Independent Investigation of the IRS
The Obama IRS is claiming that it "lost" emails from seven key IRS officials because of multiple computer crashes - crashes that just so happened to impact emails critical to investigating IRS wrongdoing.
Many of those emails were from Lois Lerner, the former Director of IRS Exempt Organizations, who's been at the center of the IRS targeting scandal.
Yet, in March, the Commissioner of the IRS testified before Congress, under oath, declaring "we can find Lois Lerner's emails."
Was the IRS lying then, or are they lying now?
We're taking action. This week we sent formal demands that federal agencies and even key Democratic Members of Congress preserve all relevant evidence. And we're pressing on with our federal lawsuit against the IRS.
But we need your help. It's time for a Special Counsel. It's time for an independent investigation. Join our call.
Sign Our Petition: Demand an Independent Investigation of IRS.
ACLJ Chief Counsel
Mixed Messages On Iraq
Mixed Messages On Iraq
The Wall Street Journal reports today that the Obama Administration has once again ruled out immediate air strikes in Iraq. This afternoon, congressional leaders will meet with the president at the White House, where he is expected to lay out his "comprehensive strategy," which may "potentially" include a military component.
Meanwhile, ISIS jihadists have laid siege to Iraq's largest oil refinery. Iraq is OPEC's second-largest producer, and the attack spooked oil markets. Gas prices in the U.S. are approaching a six-year high at a time when experts predicted they would be falling.
NBC News reports that foreign policy experts and members of Congress are stunned by the Obama Administration's inept response to the crisis in Iraq. Some are trying to blame the intelligence community. But Obama didn't miss this jihadist menace. There were plenty of warning signs.
Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al Maliki was in Washington last October warning about ISIS, which was described even then as a "transnational threat network." Two months after Maliki's visit, Fallujah fell.
In the weeks that followed, he repeatedly begged for U.S. air strikes. Obama repeatedly refused. Now major oil facilities and the Iraqi capital are under siege. Whatever Obama does, if anything, may be too little too late. The consequences of Obama's inaction could be another disaster for U.S. foreign policy and national security. (Gary Bauer)
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
Justina Pelletier Finally Allowed to Come Home Following Her Parents' 16-Month Battle with Hospital and Courts to Regain Custody
"I'm just so happy to be home. Thank you [to] everyone for letting me go home. I'm so excited. I can't believe it's happened."
(Massachusetts)-Today is a day of sweet reunion for the Pelletier family, as a juvenile court judge ruled, Tuesday, that Connecticut teen Justina Pelletier would finally be allowed to return to her family.
According to The Blaze report, Judge Joseph Johnston wrote in his ruling; "I find that the parties have shown by credible evidence that circumstances have changed since the adjudication on Dec. 20, 2013, that Justina is a child in need of care and protection pursuant to G.L. c. 199, 24-26. Effective Wednesday, June 18, 2014, this care and protection petition is dismissed and custody of Justina is returned to her parents, Lou and Linda Pelletier."
The Liberty Counsel had worked on behalf of the Pelletier family to see Justina brought home.
(Reported by: Breaking Christian News) Read more here.
Signs and Wonders
Signs and Wonders:
Earth's largest volcano, Mauna Loa on Hawaii's Big Island,
awakens from slumber
After a peaceful nap three decades long, Mauna Loa seems to be stirring. "While there are no signs of impending eruption, the Hawaiian Volcano Observatory has recorded an increased level of seismic activity on the flanks and summit of Mauna Loa over the past 13 months," reports Big Island Now. "Four distinct earthquake swarms - clusters of earthquakes occurring closely in time and location - have occurred since March 2013." (Read more)
"And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; men's hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near."
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
"AWAKENING" by Chris Tomlin
In our hearts Lord
In this nation
For You and You alone
Awake my soul
Awake my soul and sing
For the world You love
Your will be done
Let Your will be done in me
To worship with this beautiful song, and to enjoy ALL of it, please go here.