Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Thursday, June 12, 2014
"I have heard thy prayer and thy supplication."
(I Kings 8:9)
Thank you for praying for the Persecuted Church!
Please visit the website for the International Christian Concern to find ongoing needs for prayer among the persecuted around the world. Thank you.
The Daily Brief
1. Russian Bombers Intercepted by U.S. Fighter Jets within 50 Miles of California Coast - Free Beacon
Four Russian strategic bombers triggered U.S. air defense systems while conducting practice bombing runs near Alaska this week, with two of the Tu-95 Bear H aircraft coming within 50 miles of the California coast, the North American Aerospace Defense Command (Norad) confirmed Wednesday.
- Lord, we pray for Your mighty protection for the United States against any aggression by Russia.
- "No weapon formed against you shall prosper" (Isaiah 54:17a)
2. Nuclear Negotiations with Iran 'Hit a Wall' - Reuters
Iran, after talks with senior U.S. officials, questioned whether a July deadline for a nuclear deal with world powers will be met, fueling doubts on the outcome as France spoke out, saying talks on curbing Tehran's uranium enrichment had "hit a wall".
- Father, we ask that You reveal all hidden plans of the enemy in this situation.
- "Do not fear them. For there is nothing covered that will not be revealed, and hidden that will not be known." (Matthew 10:26)
3. Jihadists Seize Saddam Hussein's Hometown of Tikrit - Worthy News
Sunni jihadists pushed in a lightening offensive from northern Iraq and seized Saddam Hussein's hometown of Tikrit, just 80 miles north of Baghdad.
- Lord, as Iraq appears to be falling under the control of jihadists, we are grieved at the loss of lives that were spent to save this nation over the years. We pray that Your Spirit will move over the people in Iraq, and protect innocent lives from these ruthless killers.
-"do not kill the innocent and righteous. For I will not justify the wicked." (Exodus 23:7b)
4. Satanic Temple: Gay Marriage is 'a Sacrament' - CNS
The Satanic Temple, which gained international notoriety in May when it tried to hold a Black Mass reenactment at Harvard University, said one of the issues it feels strongly about is "gay rights" and explained that homosexual marriage is "a sacrament," just like heterosexual marriage.
- Lord, we ask that You will bring leaders to our nation who will remove these "high places" of satanic worship from our midst.
- "also he broke down the high places at the gates" (2 Kings 23:8c)
5. Surge in Illegal Immigrants Blamed on U.S. Policy, Memo Says - Washington Times
Illegal immigrants from Central America are surging across the U.S.-Mexico border because they believe they can take advantage of American immigration policy and gain at least a tentative foothold in the country, according to an internal Border Patrol intelligence memo.
- Father, the policies of our current government regarding immigration are overwhelming us. We ask that people rise up to stop this insane policy and bring common sense into the issue.
-"There is a way which seems right to a man, but its end is the way of death." (Proverbs 14:12)
6. Attorney General Slams Boy Scouts Over Gay Scoutmaster Ban - NBC
Attorney General Eric Holder said Tuesday that the refusal by the Boy Scouts of America to allow gay adults to be scout leaders "perpetuates the worst kind of stereotypes."
- Father, we pray Your protection for the Boy Scouts of America against the Attorney General's foolish ideas. The protection of children is the goal, not a "politically correct" policy that endangers young lives.
- "The way of the wicked is an abomination to the Lord, but He loves him who follows righteousness." (Proverbs 15:9)
7. Kindergarten Children Indoctrinated by LGBT Agenda - Worthy News
In an historic first, Glenview Elementary in Oakland, California celebrates LGBT month as teachers taught five and six year-old children how to celebrate gay pride.
- Father, help us in this nation- have mercy upon our children!
- "Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb is His reward" (Psalm 127:3)
8. Hagel Throws Obama Under Bus During Congressional Hearings - WND
Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel apparently isn't going to let the Obama administration throw him under the bus in the Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl scandal. In fact, you could say just the opposite.
- Lord, the blame game is in full swing over the Bergdahl incident, but as a calculated situation by this administration, none of it is excusable no matter whose fault it may have been.
- "Evil shall slay the wicked, and those who hate the righteous shall be condemned." (Psalm 34:21)
9. Obama Praises Australia's Confiscation of Guns - National Preview
Speaking to users of the blogging platform Tumblr, President Obama today praised Australia's confiscation of firearms.
- Lord, we are aware of Mr. Obama's desire that only his protectors have firearms. We pray for YOUR protection of American citizens as this anti-Constitutional agenda moves forward.
-"but these, like natural brute beasts made to be caught and destroyed, speak evil of the things they do not understand, and will utterly perish in their own corruption." (2 Peter 2:12)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"For behold, the Lord is coming out of His place; He will come down and tread on the high places of the earth." (Micah 1:3)
1. US Embassy in Israel Flies LGBT Flag for First Time in History- Worthy News
The U.S. ambassador to Israel hoisted a gay pride flag over an American embassy for the first time in history celebrating LGBT Pride Week with Israelis in Tel Aviv.
2. Don't Expect Inspectors to Stop Iran Nukes, Israeli Ambassador Says- Worthy News Ron Dermer, Israeli ambassador to the United States, said Israel cannot rely on inspections of nuclear facilities to prevent Iran from developing atomic weapons.
The Daily Jot
Judgment begins in the house of the GOP
The holy scriptures say in Psalm 103:8: "The LORD is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and abundant in mercy." 1 Peter 4:17 says, "For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begins with us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?" It would seem that the American people, especially Christian Americans, are also slow to anger, especially in the case of tolerating Godless, lawless leadership. And while the GOP is far from being the house of the Lord, for conservatives judgment starts in the house of those most dear. House Majority Leader Eric Cantor is a good man, a fellow conservative, and now will be replaced after getting on the wrong side of the issues.
Reports say the establishment Republicans are in chaos after Cantor was defeated in a classic landslide of 56-44% where he outspent his opponent 10 to 1. The new Republican nominee, Dave Brat, said, "Dollars do not vote--you do." Analysts say that Cantor refused political help from the GOP because he didn't believe he needed it. They also say that the voters booted Cantor because voters saw that he said one thing on illegal immigration in Washington, and another in his district. People are fed up with the idea of giving a free pass to those who broke the law in their first act of coming to America, and as one analyst said, "His confidence, his arrogance, his smugness cost him his seat."
During my years as a political consultant, I saw many such elected representatives. They are good people. They say the right things, but after they are in Washington, DC awhile, they become reasonable to issues and to compromise. The success of the Reagan Revolution was based on grass roots support of common sense Americans who loved their country and were tired of the idiocy of liberal policies and their horrible consequences. It started in the Republican Party where the establishment had to be purged. It is time for another Reagan Revolution. It may be starting. Except there is no Reagan. Even leaders like Rand Paul are giving in to the "amnesty" debate. The establishment GOP must go or wake up.
The Lord is the law giver. He is the inspiration for the American system of Constitutional law. He is wise beyond human understanding. If He said there should be one law for both the natural born and the sojourner--which he did several times in scripture--there must be a reason for it. If you make exceptions to the law, you allow those who broke the law to have no respect for the law. They will always seek special exceptions for themselves. Our nation of self-governance by the rule of law will be lost. If our leaders don't get it before the people do, they will be voted out of office. Eric Cantor can testify to that. Those who went to sleep at sunset and were slow to anger are waking up with a dawn of judgement.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
"Yeshua Come Back For Me" - Ash Soular