Stop the IRS: See below.
(Deadline for action is TOMORROW!)
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief
"Praying for All in Authority"
Wednesday, February 26, 2014
"Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven." (Matthew 5:16)
Please visit the website for the International Christian Concern to find ongoing needs for prayer among the persecuted around the world. Thank you.
The Daily Brief
1. Prominent Republicans call for Ariz. Gov. Jan Brewer to veto bill allowing denial of service to gays - Fox News
Prominent Republicans are calling for Ariz. Gov. Jan Brewer to veto a controversial bill that would allow businesses to deny service over religious beliefs.
The Arizona Legislature passed a bill last week allowing businesses whose owners cite sincerely held religious beliefs to deny service to gays. It allows any business, church or person to cite the law as a defense in any action brought by the government or individual claiming discrimination.
The legislation has caused a national uproar. The chorus of opposition has grown each day, with the business community, the state's Super Bowl Committee and both Republican U.S. senators (including Senator John McCain) calling for a veto. Former GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney was the latest prominent voice to weigh in and urge Brewer to veto the bill.
Brewer will likely spend the next day or more pondering Senate Bill 1062 before deciding whether to sign or veto the legislation. (Read more)
- Call forth the anointing that rested upon Queen Esther to rest upon Governor Jan Brewer as she finds the strength to overcome the opposition and to sign this bill into law. SB 1062 is designed to preserve the rights of business owners (i.,e., florists, caterers, photographers, etc.) to refuse to serve any customer (i.,e., gay couples) without penalty. Let's raise up a mighty cry unto Heaven that Abba Himself will strengthen the hands of Governor Brewer as she turns this battle at the gate.
- "And who knows but that you have come to your royal position for such a time as this." (Esther 4:14)
2. Defense Secretary Hagel plans Pentagon cuts that would take Army to pre-WWII levels - Washington Times
Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said Monday that the Army must shrink to pre-World War II troop levels to preserve funding for elite counterterrorism operations and maintain the cybersecurity programs needed to counter threats by emerging rivals such as China.
- Father in heaven, put forth Your hand to stop and withdraw this planned decrease in pay for the Army of the United States of America. Stand with the Army, Lord, and let them not be stripped to a bare minimum of pre-WWII levels. Give them the pay they deserve. In Jesus' Name we pray.
- "Woe unto him that builds his house by unrighteousness, and his dwelling place by wrong; that uses his neighbor's service without wages and gives him not for his work." (Jeremiah 22:13)
3. Venezuela Protests Flare Anew, Death Toll Rises to 12 - Washington Free Beacon
Anti-government demonstrators set up barricades and started fires in Venezuela's capital on Monday despite calls from within the opposition to rein in protests in which at least 12 people have died in the OPEC nation.
- Father God, protect the people of Venezuela. Deliver them out of the violence of anti-government demonstrations. Lord, we speak peace over Venezuela. In Jesus' Name.
- Violence shall no more be heard in thy land, wasting nor destruction within thy borders;(Isaiah 60:18)
4. Watching and Waiting: Will the Russian Bear Turn on Ukraine? - NBC News
It's a nightmare scenario for Russia: Protesters oust a neighboring ally, send him fleeing and set up a decidedly pro-Western government.
- Lord God, we trust that this new pro-Western government will follow the dictates and teachings of the right versus the wrong, and that through an honest and solid political standard this country will come out of a dark place and rise up to be a righteous nation. In Jesus' Name we pray.
- "They will call on the Lord, who is worthy to be praised: so shall they be saved from their enemies." (II Samuel 22:3)
5. Brazil, Europe plan undersea cable to skirt U.S. spying - Reuters
Brazil and the European Union agreed on Monday to lay an undersea communications cable from Lisbon to Fortaleza to reduce Brazil's reliance on the United States after Washington spied on Brasilia.
- The Lord is good and His mercies endure forever. We offer praise at the news of this report, as it is time to curtail the hand of tyranny that unfortunately seems to be ruling our nation in this hour. May this administration listen, and take heed. The nations are watching. Please pray for mercy in all matters related to these surveillance strategies; God has a plan.
- 'Call to Me and I will answer you, and I will tell you great and mighty things, which you do not know.' (Jeremiah 33:3)
6. Ukraine Names Baptist Pastor as Acting President - Christianity Today
Oleksandr Turchynov, a well-known Baptist pastor and top opposition politician in Ukraine, took office on Sunday as acting president after the Parliament voted to oust President Yanukovych.
- Father God, we thank You for Your mighty hand of mercy in placing this pastor as acting president in Ukraine. This man of strong faith will guide this country into the freedom to live under the direct leadership of the Lord. They will be drawn out of darkness and into the light. In Jesus' Name we ask this.
- "For I am the Lord: I will speak, and the Word that I shall speak shall come to pass; it shall be no more prolonged." (Ezekiel 12:25)
7. US presses Iraq on reports of arms deal with Iran - Times of Israel
The United States pressed Iraq Monday to explain media reports that it had signed a contract to buy arms from Iran, a move forbidden under a United Nations embargo.
- Father God, we pray that everything that has been hidden and secretive will be brought out and revealed to the world, so that the wickedness will be uncovered and the deals be quashed and made void by judicial action. In Jesus' Name we pray.
- "Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God." (I Corinthians 4:5)
8. Supreme Court Kills Arizona Law Defunding Planned Parenthood - LifeSiteNews
The Supreme Court yesterday, February 24, effectively killed an Arizona bill that would have denied Planned Parenthood any share of state Medicaid dollars, declining to hear an appeal from the state.
The law would have deemed abortionists not "qualified" to receive state tax dollars intended for family planning services. (Read more)
- Father, we intercede over this decision by the Supreme Court. We speak favor over the State of Arizona, and ask that the appeal from the state would be heard.
- And let the beauty of the LORD our God be upon us: and establish thou the work of our hands upon us; yea, the work of our hands establish thou it.(Psalm 90:17)
9. Nigeria school raid in Yobe state leaves 29 dead - BBC
At least 29 students have been killed after suspected Boko Haram militants attacked a boarding school in north-east Nigeria. The BBC's Will Ross in Lagos says the remote school in Yobe state was attacked overnight when students were in their dormitories. All the victims were teenage boys and 11 others were seriously injured. Most of the school was burned to the ground. (Read more)
- Lord God in Heaven, we cry out on behalf of those who mourn today in Nigeria for the lives of those who were lost in this savage attack. We ask You to intervene by the strength of the Host of Heaven and the Blood of the Lamb to take down and to dismantle and to destroy the Boko Haram militants, even as we forgive them for they know not what they do. Humble them by Your mighty Hand, that each one might come to know You as his Savior and His Lord. In Jesus' Name we ask this prayer, amen.
- "So shall they fear the name of the Lord from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord shall lift up a standard against him." (Isaiah 59:19)
10. NYPD Surveillance Upheld Despite AP Campaign - IPT
A federal judge in New Jersey dismissed a lawsuit last Thursday that was brought by several Islamic activist organizations, including the Muslim Students Association and the Muslim Foundation, against the New York City Police Department. The plaintiffs accused the NYPD of violating their civil rights through a program which including surveillance and intelligence gathering of the Muslim community in New Jersey. (Read more)
- Offer a chorus of praise for this verdict, and ask that many more judges in this nation (if not all) follow suit!
- "Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people." (Proverbs 14:34)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"Blessed are those who keep judgment, he who does righteousness at all times." (Psalm 106:3)
1. Police, Palestinians clash on Temple Mount - Jerusalem Post
Police clashed with dozens of Palestinian youths at the Temple Mount in Jerusalem who threw rocks and fireworks at them following the opening of the Mughrabi gate on Tuesday morning. Some of the men wore masks, according to police.
2. Stormy debate: Knesset hosts first-ever parley on Temple Mount sovereignty in plenum - Jerusalem Post
The State of Israel is pointless without the Temple Mount, MK Moshe Feiglin (Likud Beytenu) said at the first-ever plenum discussion of Israeli sovereignty over the holy site on Tuesday.
3. Arab League to Discuss 'Israeli Attacks' on Al-Aqsa - Arutz Sheva
The Arab League will hold an emergency session on Wednesday in the wake of the Knesset discussion on the Temple Mount, the Bethlehem-based Ma'an news agency reports.
4. 47 Jordanian MPs call to cancel Israel peace treaty over Knesset Temple Mount debate - Jerusalem Post
The Knesset debate on Israeli sovereignty over the Temple Mount in Jerusalem on Tuesday sparked a furious reaction from Jordanian legislators in Amman including calls to cancel the peace treaty with Israel and to return the Jordanian envoy from Tel Aviv.
The Daily Jot
Your compulsory "Shared Responsibility" for Socialism
The IRS is warning Americans that they must either sign up for socialist healthcare or pay the "Shared Responsibility Payment" with their income tax this year. Despite that the law has been changed by executive order no less than seven times, there are nationwide problems with websites and signing up, and the vast majority of Americans do not want socialized healthcare, the IRS is making sure it warns you that you will be giving your pound of flesh even if the law is not remotely ready to implement. In addition, the IRS says that if you don't file it this year, you will be required to pay next year for what you didn't pay this year. Was it Martin Luther King, Jr., who said an unjust law is no law at all?
The IRS issued a news release February 25 to remind all of America's citizens that they must pay the tax or prove they have health care. The IRS said, "If you (or any of your dependents) do not maintain coverage and do not qualify for an exemption, you will need to make an individual shared responsibility payment with your return. In general, the payment amount is either a percentage of your household income or a flat dollar amount, whichever is greater. You will owe 1/12th of the annual payment for each month you (or your dependents) do not have coverage and are not exempt." You will owe the greater of 1 percent of your household income or a maximum of $285.
Did you notice the words "shared responsibility" in this release? Those words were used four times. Shared responsibility is code for "wealth redistribution." The unconstitutional "agency" called the IRS is trying to put the spin on this that it is your "shared responsibility" to fund this socialist nightmare that is already undermining the health care industry, and causing layoffs and unemployment, further destruction of our already bad economy. Fact is, the IRS and the communists in the government need your participation to make this unprecedented wealth redistribution program work. The word "exemption" is code for "receiving wealth redistribution." If you are hard working, you give it; if you are not, you receive it.
This so-called law requires Christians to support abortion, health care rationing, and homosexuality. It goes against the Biblical principals of liberty and justice. In Luke 10:7, Jesus said "the laborer is worthy of his wages." Solomon wrote in Ecclesiastes 3:13, "...every man should eat and drink, and enjoy the good of all his labor, it is the gift of God." Even after the Lord returns, people will, as shown in Isaiah 65:21-23, "They shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them. They shall not build and another inhabit; they shall not plant and another eat...They shall not labor in vain." The statist healthcare plan of shared responsibility is against God's plan for your life. This is real exemption. We should follow God, not man.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
The Madison Report
The Madison Report
The Legislative Bulletin for Conservatives
Week of Feb. 24 - 28, 2014
Fellow Conservative Patriots,
Congress returns from its two-week vacation and each chamber is slated to take up a "messaging bill." After capitulating on almost every major leverage point, House Republicans are looking for an agenda. Instead of focusing on big ticket reforms, they appear to be opting for "small-ball" bills in an effort to run out the clock until November.
They will consider a bunch of small bills that focus on oversight of the IRS as well as some partial Obamacare repeal bills. Meanwhile, the major item on the agenda is a flood insurance bill that will actually roll back existing reforms and put taxpayers on the hook for anti-market risky behavior.
The Senate will, once again, use veterans as a political shield to expand government and increase spending with a bill that actually exacerbates the existing problems within the Veterans Administration and worsens the quality of care for our wounded warriors. Sadly, between the House and the Senate there is no reform-minded agenda in Washington.
This week's issues:
Thursday: Flood Insurance
Friday: Senate Veterans' Bill
Update: German Homescholing Family
"It's not 'no'"-Supreme Court Still Considering Taking on
German Homeschooling Family's Case
"It's impossible to know precisely what the Court is doing, but we remain hopeful."
(Purcellville, VA)-In an unexpected turn, the United States Supreme Court has apparently decided to continue thinking about Home School Legal Defense Association's German homeschool asylum case, Romeike v. Holder. The case had been scheduled for review by the Court on Friday, February 21, 2014, and HSLDA expected to see the case on the Court's order list today either granting or denying cert. However when the list was released at around 10:00 a.m. on Monday, February 24, 2014, Romeike was missing.
Michael Farris, HSLDA chairman and principal attorney for the family, was guarded but positive in his reaction to the Court's action.
"It's not no," he said. "And it's not abnormal for the Court to hold over discussion of some cases from time to time. Sometimes they hold cases based on upcoming decisions. Or they may want more time to discuss the case. It's impossible to know precisely what the Court is doing, but we remain hopeful."
. . . Hopeful that the Supreme Court will elect to hear the appeal, Farris affirmed HSLDA's commitment to this family. "The Romeikes are modern day pilgrims," he said. "We are determined to fight for their freedom until our last breath. There is no way I will stand by and see this family deported to Germany to be mistreated."
(Home School Legal Defense Association)
To read this article in its entirety, go here.
Also reported by Breaking Christian News
Stop The IRS
Stop The IRS
While we're on the topic of government lawlessness, it's time to rein in the Obama IRS. The targeting of conservative organizations and Christian ministries was "outrageous," as Obama said. Lois Lerner, a top IRS official, pled the fifth and refused to testify about her role in the scandal. Yet the targeting of conservatives at Obama's IRS continues.
With its outrageous harassment efforts exposed, the IRS is now attempting to impose draconian new rules that would effectively muzzle the very organizations they were previously targeting. But the bureaucrats have run into a problem: There is a growing revolt against these new rules from left-wing groups fearful that if the regulations are enforced evenly they would be shut down too.
The ACLU has released a "blistering" analysis of the IRS rules, warning that they strike "at the heart of our representative democracy." The Sierra Club and other liberal groups are joining the fight against the new rules.
So far, more than 69,000 public comments regarding these new rules targeting social welfare organizations have been submitted for consideration. That is a huge number. The Wall Street Journal notes that regulations involving the Keystone pipeline generated just over 7,500 comments.
TAKE ACTION: The deadline to submit public comments on these proposed IRS regulations is February 27th. The IRS needs to know that you oppose this new rule -- IRS REG-134417-13.
Tell the IRS how much you appreciate the voter educational activities of social welfare organizations, and that you oppose government efforts to muzzle them.
Click here now to make your voice heard.
(Source: Gary Bauer)
Pray with Australia
Australia Asks for Prayer from USA and the World
Live Global Webcast of Australia's Day of Prayer & Fasting
CANBERRA, Australia, Feb. 26, 2014 /Christian Newswire/ -- This Saturday 1st March 2014, a live webcast will make it possible for churches, fellowships and individuals across the USA, and around the world, to join in Australia's historic 4th National Day of Prayer and Fasting. This Prayer Service in Parliament House, Canberra (Australian time - Sunday 10AM - 4PM, 2 March 2014) will go out electronically to up to a million viewers. Many Christians will be moved to pray for REVIVAL and a renewal of sexual purity not only in Australia, but around the world.
Commenting on the need to turn back the tide of immorality affecting Western nations, Pastor Matt Prater, Chairman of the National Day of Prayer and Fasting, shared "I am passionate about these issues, and I think there is an appropriate way to speak out about them. But I believe if we pray and fast we have a much better chance of success than if we try to change things by our own efforts."
David Rowsome said, "The organising team behind the Australian National Day of Prayer and Fasting recently organised the worldwide Billion Souls Revival Prayer Call with over 45 nations taking part. The National Day of Prayer & Fasting is asking the nations of the world to go to the live webcast and pray for Australia. We thank you in advance for your prayers."
Go to www.nationaldayofprayer.com.au for more details. Please note the times to link to the webcast.
Canberra (Australia) Sunday, 2 March 10AM - 4PM AEDT
Los Angeles (USA) Saturday, 1 March 3PM - 9PM PST
New York (USA) Saturday, 1 March 6PM - 12PM EST
London (UK) Saturday, 1 March 11PM - 5AM GMT
Johannesburg (RSA) Sunday, 2 March 1AM - 7AM SAST
Jakarta (Indonesia) Sunday, 2 March 6AM -12AM WIB
A further 40 Days of Prayer and Fasting for REVIVAL and Transformation over the period of Lent, 5 March-13 April, will then take place. Those who register at www.40daysofprayer.com.au will receive daily devotions from key Australian leaders and a Five Point Prayer Plan.
Contact: Dr Graham McLennan, 61-427-003-549; David Rowsome, 61-734-220-969; Warwick Marsh, 61-418-225-212; Ps Matt Prater, 61-433-192-267; firstname.lastname@example.org
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
"Striking" Discovery: Babies Are Born with Sense of Morality,
Not Blank Slate, says Yale Study
"In the end, we found that 6-and 10-month-old infants overwhelmingly preferred the helpful individual to the hindering individual. This wasn't a subtle statistical trend; just about all the babies reached for the good guy." -Professor Paul Bloom
"So God created man in His own image, in the image and likeness of God He created him; male and female He created them." (Genesis 1:27)
"For You did form my inward parts; You did knit me together in my mother's womb." (Psalm 139:13)
(London, UK)-Researchers in baby psychology at Yale University in New Haven, Connecticut say that they have gathered evidence that suggests babies demonstrate a "rudimentary" moral sense very soon after they are born, indicating that morality may be hardwired into human beings from the very beginning.
The UK Daily Mail reports that researchers at Yale University devised several tests that they say showed that babies under a year old had an innate sense of "naëve morality," as opposed to a blank mental slate that would be formed by their interactions with older members and their experiences.
. . . 'With the help of well-designed experiments, you can see glimmers of moral thought, moral judgment and moral feeling even in the first year of life," said Professor Paul Bloom, a psychologist at Yale University in Connecticut, who has devoted years of study to observing how moral sense can develop in babies. "A growing body of evidence suggests that humans do have a rudimentary moral sense from the very start of life."
. . . "The results were striking. When the target of the action was itself a good guy, babies preferred the puppet who was nice to it," wrote Bloom. But he added that he saw this intuitive moral hardwiring in babies when it came to the administration of baby justice. (Breaking Christian News) Read more.
"In the end, we found that 6-and 10-month-old infants overwhelmingly preferred the helpful individual to the hindering individual. This wasn't a subtle statistical trend; just about all the babies reached for the good guy." -Professor Paul Bloom (Breaking Christian News) Read more.
Signs and Wonders
Signs and Wonders:
Bible stops two bullets to save life of Ohio bus driver, police say
"The two bullets were stopped by the New Testament book in his chest pocket." Sgt. Michael Pauley, Dayton Police
(Dayton, OH)-Divine "Intervention" are the words Dayton, Ohio police are using to describe the way a bus driver's life was saved early Monday morning.
Forty-nine-year-old Rickey Wagoner, of Trotwood, an RTA bus driver had gotten out of his vehicle to try to fix a mechanical issue, when he was suddenly assaulted by three men, according to the report.
There were reportedly three shots fired at Wagoner, at close range. One of the bullets struck his leg and the other two hit him in the chest.
On a call to 911, Wagoner told the dispatcher, "I've been hit in the leg. My chest feels like I've been hit with a sledgehammer."
Fortunately for Wagoner, he kept a copy of "The Message" New Testament in his left pocket-the bullets were absorbed by the Bible, saving his life.
Sgt. Michael Pauley of the Dayton Police Department said, "There was obviously some kind of intervention involved in this incident, because he probably should not be here."
The police report noted that the rounds were "nestled inside" the New Testament.
Wagoner's son posted on his Facebook page on Monday afternoon, "Dad is doing good now and my family and I are just lucky he is still alive."
Fox News contacted Eugene H. Peterson, author of "The Message" version of the Bible, to let him know how the Book had spared a man's life.
Said the 81-year-old Peterson, "I've heard stories about that happening during the second World War. I'm glad to be in the club."
Although police declined to comment on the shooting, it was thought that it might have been a gang initiation. (Fox News) Read more here.
Reported by Breaking Christian News
"And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; men's hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near."
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!